~*~Nando's Chicas' & Chico Milan's Chillin' Cheery Chat World~*~ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

~*~Nando's Chicas' & Chico Milan's Chillin' Cheery Chat World~*~

Pages : [1] 2

Carlita
05-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Welcome back!!!

oh btw, Bunny is a cute name for a bunny! I had one called Bunny as well :D

Ales_Alessandra
05-11-2010, 01:48 PM
:D Very smart staying away from GM! I got there, but didn't care for those...Just being kind with Lord Carlos! :hug:

*Edit* I'm having a hard time typing today! wth! Not enough sleep maybe! :retard:

Eruwen
05-11-2010, 05:23 PM
:wavey: You guys have been busy today! Got a bit scared though... came in here and was like, "Why is there only 1 page in the chat thread?!" :o :lol:

Thanks for all the compliments on Aiko! He's so sweet and curious, and not afraid of anything... he loves to run and jump around in my living room :D

I_Dasco
05-12-2010, 03:44 AM
Move to new topic................ Have fun all

Carlita
05-12-2010, 10:50 AM
:wavey: You guys have been busy today! Got a bit scared though... came in here and was like, "Why is there only 1 page in the chat thread?!" :o :lol:

Thanks for all the compliments on Aiko! He's so sweet and curious, and not afraid of anything... he loves to run and jump around in my living room :DIs he being a "sjees" boenie? :rolls: I love it when mine do that :lol: You have to be careful not to trip over them, coz the run in some sort of blind rage :haha: And the randomly jumping like a lambkin is also quite cute. Like something itches :lol:

Carlita
05-12-2010, 10:52 AM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Rafa/BunnyRafa266_kiko.jpg
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Rafa/BunnyRafa267_kiko.jpg

just wanted to post this one... Rafael (inside) & his dad Kiko (outside)

2 weeks ago Kiko died :sad: so now he's reunited with Lola (Rafa's mum), Rafa & other son Tiko. 4 sweet boenie angels :angel:

Ales_Alessandra
05-12-2010, 12:06 PM
:awww: Sjoukje! :hug:
Rafa is in good care for sure on earth and in the sky! :)
I'm amzed by how son and dad look so similar!

xohxmyx
05-12-2010, 05:55 PM
what arethey!?!? there like big grey fluff balls!!

Eruwen
05-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Is he being a "sjees" boenie? :rolls: Sometimes! He likes to take a sprint and then slide around the corner :haha:

Sommarsverige
05-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Sometimes! He likes to take a sprint and then slide around the corner :haha:

I sooooooooooo canīt wait to meet him "in person" ;)

Carlita
05-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Sheepbag, how did Aiko do at the vet's? :)

Ariel
05-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Carlita,

Sorry, but I'm new to the pet portion of the thread. Given the cage and the conversation I'm assuming your precious fluffs are rabbits? Can't see any ears. They look to me like cats. (beautiful btw) Anyone with rabbits can answer this one: how much responsibility is there in the upbringing and care? i.e. can a rabbit be left alone all day? Can they roam around on their own without pooping, ie can they be taught to poop in the cage? I need a furry companion but a dog is too much responsibility and I'm not really a cat person.

Carlita
05-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Carlita,

What are those? Cats or dogs? They're beautiful. :)They were rabbits. Rafael died December 2008 and his dad Kiko died 2 weeks ago :awww:

Ariel
05-14-2010, 03:08 PM
They were rabbits. Rafael died December 2008 and his dad Kiko died 2 weeks ago :awww:

Oh God, I'm so sorry. I did read that and my post didn't reflect it. :sad:

Feel free to answer my rabbit questions at a more suitable time. I really do want to know. Or maybe I should just go for a creature that looks like Nando.

Carlita
05-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Oh God, I'm so sorry. I did read that and my post didn't reflect it. :sad:

Feel free to answer my rabbit questions at a more suitable time. I really do want to know.no that's okay :hug: Kiko didnt belong to me. At that point he was just staying with me because he needed a home for the holidays ;)

Carlita
05-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Carlita,

Sorry, but I'm new to the pet portion of the thread. Given the cage and the conversation I'm assuming your precious fluffs are rabbits? Can't see any ears. They look to me like cats. (beautiful btw) Anyone with rabbits can answer this one: how much responsibility is there in the upbringing and care? i.e. can a rabbit be left alone all day? Can they roam around on their own without pooping, ie can they be taught to poop in the cage? I need a furry companion but a dog is too much responsibility and I'm not really a cat person.these 2 had lop ears and so much fluff so you dont see the ears :lol:

Well, I think that there is more to a rabbit then just put it in a cage and feed. I have 2 at the moment and both are allowed to walk freely at least 45min each day but mostly longer. They can be left alone, but I would keep them in the cage coz rabbits like to chew anything they can find ;) If you have a big cage it should be good enough and you can always let them walk when you are there. They can be trained to poo and pee in their cage or where you wish them to do it.

these are my two now:
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/bc.jpg

shame is that they don't like eachother much :lol: so I have to let them out one at a time :lol:

Ales_Alessandra
05-14-2010, 03:57 PM
no that's okay :hug: Kiko didnt belong to me. At that point he was just staying with me because he needed a home for the holidays ;)

:sad:Got everything wrong, thought Rafa was alive! :awww:

Ales_Alessandra
05-14-2010, 03:59 PM
:eek: The black one is so powerful! :inlove: Is he Benito? :lol: Both not getting along. I would say that Benito takes over!! Looks like! ;)

Carlita
05-14-2010, 04:05 PM
:eek: The black one is so powerful! :inlove: Is he Benito? :lol: Both not getting along. I would say that Benito takes over!! Looks like! ;)yeah Benito is the black one, but he's the smallest of the two ;)

Carlita
05-14-2010, 04:07 PM
:sad:Got everything wrong, thought Rafa was alive! :awww:well he could have been, but he had a stroke in December 2008 and after a week of treatment he didnt improve...so we had to let him sleep :sad: He was still young...would have been 4 in Jan 2009.... I still miss him a lot, coz he was a very special rabbit.

Still, I do love the 2 I have now :) so they take away the pain ;)

Ales_Alessandra
05-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Maybe that's why I'm not much into big pets, I can't deal with any kind of death, I would die with the little poor thing. :sad:

But it's impossible not falling in love with such thing as Benito! :inlove: :lol:
Gald you have both to bring some joy and let just the goo memories from Rafa alive! :D :hug:

Carlita
05-14-2010, 04:25 PM
yes it is hard :sad: when they get sick or when you have to let them go like that.... but, they also bring you so much joy :)

Eruwen
05-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Sheepbag, how did Aiko do at the vet's? :) They only did a check-up... turns out they're not supposed to get their shots until they're 12 weeks old and Aiko is about 10 weeks now, so I have to go back in 2 weeks.

Also... turns out he is actually a she :haha:

Carlita
05-14-2010, 05:11 PM
They only did a check-up... turns out they're not supposed to get their shots until they're 12 weeks old and Aiko is about 10 weeks now, so I have to go back in 2 weeks.

Also... turns out he is actually a she :haha::lol: Well SHE's lovely :lol:

and :yeah: to the breeder for so not seeing that :o:o:o

xohxmyx
05-14-2010, 05:36 PM
when i got my new bunny i double triple checked to make sure it was definetly a girl! because we use to have a bigger black male bunny (who roamed free in the backyard without any harness or anything which was kind of cool!) did develop a kind of embaressing and awkward habit as he got older, he had a toy soccer ball a cheap inflatable one and sometimes....when Chicken (that was his name) got "lonely" he would push the soccer wall up against a wall or something and then show the soccer ball a good time :aplot: if you get my drift!:lol: it was hilarious until he did it in front of like small kids or your BF or something! then it was awkward :p

we keep my new Bunny in a fenced in cage in the backyard so she has room to hop around but is safe in her cage aswell, she's not the cleaverest bunny though because she ate some lino that use to be in her cage and when you fill her food bowl up with food she scratches it all out onto the gorund and then either sleeps, or poops in her food bowl and eats off the ground...im not sure why:lol: you can house train them like you would do with a cat using cat litter trays if you want it inside.

Carlita
05-14-2010, 05:41 PM
well that's why I had Rafael, Benito & Charlie neutered. Rafa never gave problems...but because the other 2 get territorial it got a bit messy :o so no choice really :lol:

With girl bunnies you have to watch out a few times a year....when they will spray around....:o but it doesnt last very long so it should be okay.

Rafa used to empty the foodbowl as soon as I gave him food :rolls: Benito & Charlie get dry food & veggies. The dry food they eat nicely from the bowl, the veggies I just dump on the floor coz that's what they seem to like best :lol:

Eruwen
05-14-2010, 07:24 PM
:lol: Well SHE's lovely :lol:

and :yeah: to the breeder for so not seeing that :o:o:o I know! I think someone has a "problem" now... I believe there were 3 bunnies left, 2 were reserved and I was supposed to get a male... so looks like someone that reserved a female got a male instead :lol: She was a little odd... she didn't give me any food for the "transition", she doesn't give the bunnies shots while they're outside... Oh well, the vet said Aiko looked really good and healthy, I guess that's all that matters :)

Carlita
05-14-2010, 07:56 PM
I know! I think someone has a "problem" now... I believe there were 3 bunnies left, 2 were reserved and I was supposed to get a male... so looks like someone that reserved a female got a male instead :lol: She was a little odd... she didn't give me any food for the "transition", she doesn't give the bunnies shots while they're outside... Oh well, the vet said Aiko looked really good and healthy, I guess that's all that matters :)yeah that is weird..... especially if they are outside...shots are really important....

The breeder where we got Rafa's parents from gave Iris food to go.... I mean...it's what they are used to...so to switch like that could be a problem..doesnt have to be..but rabbit's stomaches are very delicate...

oh well, she's healthy, she's cute.... not your problem the breeder messed up ;)

Carlita
05-14-2010, 07:57 PM
for those who want to see some rabbits on pictures :lol:

Rafael (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=22864&id=787413134&l=2091e264cd)

Benito (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=91862&id=787413134&l=f96c9f4772)

Charlie (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=111696&id=787413134&l=d5efbac9b9)

Eruwen
05-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Awww Rafa! I will never forget the day I first met the little fluff ball! :inlove:

Carlita
05-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Awww Rafa! I will never forget the day I first met the little fluff ball! :inlove:I think he wanted to eat your shoes :lol:

Eruwen
05-14-2010, 10:09 PM
He did! :lol: I'll take it as a sign that he liked me ;) :lol:

Eruwen
05-15-2010, 09:28 AM
for those who want to see some rabbits on pictures :lol:

Rafael (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=22864&id=787413134&l=2091e264cd)

Benito (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=91862&id=787413134&l=f96c9f4772)

Charlie (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=111696&id=787413134&l=d5efbac9b9) Can't stay behind! :p Sorry for turning this into a bunny thread :lol:

Aiko (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=224988&id=789649201&l=716618ef6c)

Carlita
05-15-2010, 10:16 AM
bunnies rule :rocker2:

Ales_Alessandra
05-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Don't need to be sorry!
Yeah! Bunnies rule!! :rocker:

Eruwen
05-15-2010, 01:03 PM
http://www.tommyrobredo.net/images/forum/rockin.gif

Jenrios
05-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Couldn't agree more - BUNNIES RULE!

Jenrios
05-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Bunnies make great pets - but I'd get a pair, so if they are left alone in the day, they have company. And they do like to roam. Both mine can use a litter tray. They are very affectinate to each other, but the female, Apple, dominates the male, Arthur, who is is much bigger than her:)

Hi Gaby :wavey: loved all the pix of Aiko. Very michevious looking!

Jenrios
05-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Hi Sjoujke - I didn't know about Kiko! Such a shame. I don't think I've ever seen such fluffy bunnies as Kiko and Rafa.

Eruwen
05-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Aiko enjoying a nap in the sun :D

http://www.tommyrobredo.net/images/personal/aiko/aiko_010.jpg

Ariel
05-15-2010, 09:14 PM
I come to Nando's thread now looking forward to bunny talk. :) Well, he (Nando) is not playing right now so what the heck. Thanks Carlita and Eruwen for your bunny photos. Yes, "those that are interested did take a look".

I used to know someone who had a male bunny and he also was in the habit of gratifying himself on stuffed animals and occasionally her foot. :lol: Endearing isn't it? :rolleyes: Apparently he had the habit before she got him.

Ok, so the smarter bunnies can be trained to poop in a specified area; they can be allowed (they like) to roam; they do need to have a cage to return to; it's nice to give them a playmate so they're not left alone during the day: Final question: Are they lap animals? No, they don't need to be lap dancing but do they get into being hugged, cuddled, and chilling on your lap while you watch tv?

Thanks.

Eruwen
05-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Final question: Are they lap animals? No, they don't need to be lap dancing but do they get into being hugged, cuddled, and chilling on your lap while you watch tv?

Thanks. I'm no bunny expert, but I guess a lot of it is common sense. It probably depends on the animal - some will want to curl up on your lap for some time, others may not. In my opinion, it should be on the animal's terms - let them come to you when they want to. Aiko likes to be petted but she won't stay on my lap for very long, and she definitely doesn't like to be picked up (but I guess that goes for all bunnies). She's still young though, and I've only had her for 2 weeks now so that might change. It can also depend on the breed - I got a Holland Lop because they're known to be more affectionate than the "average" bunny. But again, I'm no expert... yet! ;)

Getting a pet is always an investment. It takes time and effort and it's a responsibility that you should be able to handle. But if you treat them right and show them you love them, they will most likely return the feeling :) Heavy stuff on a Saturday night :lol: It's just that so many people treat their animals like shit, and it breaks my heart :sad: All animals deserve a good home!

Ales_Alessandra
05-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Aiko enjoying a nap in the sun :D

http://www.tommyrobredo.net/images/personal/aiko/aiko_010.jpg

Life is sooo good! :lol: I could be like him all day I guess! ;)

Eruwen
05-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Life is sooo good! :lol: I could be like him all day I guess! ;) Isn't it? :lol: Sleeping, eating, playing... There's worse things! :lol:

Carlita
05-15-2010, 10:18 PM
:lol: such a cute pic!!! :inlove:

in answer to the : are they lap animals....It depends on the bunny :lol: My last 3, Rafa, Benito & Charlie were 3 totally different characters. Rafa didnt like it if I put him on my lap...or he would allow it for a minute and then just wanted to be let free, I could pet him when he was walking around and when I lay flat on my stomach he would always jump on my back :D

Benito doesnt mind it, but prefers to just walk around...and he'll come to you....when he's in his cage you can pet him all you like :lol:

Charlie is the real cuddle bunny. He loves it....on your lap, when he's walking...at one point I lay down on my bed with Charlie in my arms and we fell asleep :o

so yeah, it depends on the bunny... they will all like it but how much, changes from bunny to bunny.

Ales_Alessandra
05-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Isn't it? :lol: Sleeping, eating, playing... There's worse things! :lol:

Indeed! :lol:

Jenrios
05-16-2010, 10:49 AM
OMG Gaby, he's so cute! He really is adorable!

And yes, male and female bunnies are highly sexual! I had my male bunny Arthur 'seen to', and although it was a success, it took 3 months for him to 'calm down'. I felt so sorry for Apple, until I saw her pin him down one morning! A friend of mine gave his male rabbit a boxing glove to satisfy his urgesLOL! Rabbits don't have their reps for nothing!

The more you handle a rabbit, the more docile it will become - but they can be nervous little creatures - and think of it from their point of view - hands swooping down to scoop them up can be frightening at first.

Rabbits should always have their own cage - they need their 'own space' for when their carers get on their nerves;)

Jenrios
05-16-2010, 10:50 AM
All this bunny talk makes me think - if Fer were an animal, would he be a buuny?!

Jenrios
05-16-2010, 10:52 AM
If he were a colour, he'd be red!

Eruwen
05-16-2010, 12:02 PM
The more you handle a rabbit, the more docile it will become - but they can be nervous little creatures - and think of it from their point of view - hands swooping down to scoop them up can be frightening at first. I got lucky with Aiko there... she doesn't seem to be afraid of anything! Although she doesn't really like the vacuum cleaner :lol: When I took her to the vet last Friday she was stressed at first, but once the examination was over and I was talking to the vet, she was hopping in and out of her travel cage, coming up to us, and on the way home she was bouncing around the travel cage :lol: I doubt that will be the same in two weeks though, when she will actually get her shots :o

Ariel
05-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Getting a pet is always an investment. It takes time and effort and it's a responsibility that you should be able to handle. But if you treat them right and show them you love them, they will most likely return the feeling Heavy stuff on a Saturday night It's just that so many people treat their animals like shit, and it breaks my heart All animals deserve a good home!

it's not particularly heavy stuff, and I agree that a lot of folks do treat their animals badly and that breaks my heart as well. I'm a dog person but they are a lot of responsibility but they're also very affectionate. Sounds like Bunnies vary in the warmth they give to their owners. Your little one is a cutie pie. Enjoy.

Jenrios
05-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Sorry Gaby and Aiko - I called her a him - oops! Aiko is still very young, so the more you handle her, she hopefully won't ever be 'shy'. Apple has gone to the vets today to have her teeth done - again! The vet was firmly put in her place;)

Carlita
05-17-2010, 07:58 PM
:wavey: hey Jen! So is she having the same troubles as Charlie then? Charlie's teeth just keep growing.... except for one now :awww: So I fear if that one falls out it won't come back...

He now has trouble with the drinking bottle :awww: They didnt drink too much...but all of a sudden he was trying and got angry at the bottle...then I helped and watched...but he couldnt drink.... when I gave him a bowl he started drinking quite a bit...so now he's got a drinking bowl :lol:

Eruwen
05-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Sorry Gaby and Aiko - I called her a him - oops! Aiko is still very young, so the more you handle her, she hopefully won't ever be 'shy'. Apple has gone to the vets today to have her teeth done - again! The vet was firmly put in her place;) No worries! The breeder actually told me it was a him, but at the vet's they said it's a her... so I'll go with that one for now :lol:

I try to pet her a lot when I'm home, and also pick her up gently now and then, just so she'll stay used to it. It seems that she misses me when I'm away - I was at a friend's baby shower yesterday afternoon and of course at work today, when I got home and let her out of the cage she kept following me, trying to sit on my feet :awww: We even had a collision today :eek: I was walking past the cage and she came storming out of it, right into my slipper... ouch!

I hope she's not too lonely during the day... Maybe I should consider getting her a little friend. But best to wait until we're sure if Aiko is a boy or a girl :lol:

Eruwen
05-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Poor Charlie! He's such a sweet boenie, he should be healthy and happy :awww:

Carlita
05-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Poor Charlie! He's such a sweet boenie, he should be healthy and happy :awww: :awww: yeah.... he is a happy bunny, considering what he's been and going through.... :awww: When he's running around he's enjoying himself and playing :)

Jenrios
05-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Hi Sjoukje :wavey: it's her age that's causing the bother - she's 6 now. It's the back molars - she has little bone spurs on them. She's been in to have another op, and I've nursed her all week. She's much better today and it back out with Arthur:) Trying to give her medicine is not much fun!

Poor Charlie - he's only a youngster and he seems to have awful problems. I jokingly said to the visit 'I wish she cold have false teeth' - but maybe someone should invent some? She has to have anaesthetic to have her teeth examined because she's so feisty - I mean, they can tel she has spurs, but not how bad they are. So I jst told them to do what needed to be done. I expect it'll happen again - it's a case of monitoring her.

Jenrios
05-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Actually Gaby, I was told Apple was a boy when I got her - she was called Apollo - got her with her sister Antonia, kept them separate, booked them in for ops, and was tod he was a she - so she had to become Appolonia - Apple for short!

I'd definitely get her a little friend! but yes, wait to find out if she is, erm, definitely a girl!

Carlita
05-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Hi Sjoukje :wavey: it's her age that's causing the bother - she's 6 now. It's the back molars - she has little bone spurs on them. She's been in to have another op, and I've nursed her all week. She's much better today and it back out with Arthur:) Trying to give her medicine is not much fun!

Poor Charlie - he's only a youngster and he seems to have awful problems. I jokingly said to the visit 'I wish she cold have false teeth' - but maybe someone should invent some? She has to have anaesthetic to have her teeth examined because she's so feisty - I mean, they can tel she has spurs, but not how bad they are. So I jst told them to do what needed to be done. I expect it'll happen again - it's a case of monitoring her.oooh poor Apple!!! Hope she'll be fine soon :) :hug:

Charlie sometimes has little bone spurs on his molars too, but mostly it's the teeth which keep on growing. Only 3 now...coz one of them is not growing anymore..so Im hoping it will not fall out or I fear it won't grow back :sad:

Yesterday I had to drop him off at the vet's...so he spent half a day there. Normally it will take us about one hour to go there, cut teeth and go home... but I didnt think he would last until Wednesday night...so better bring him in then. He was pretty upset and refused to eat all day...so I force fed him baby carrot puree coz his tummy was making too much noise :awww: Luckily today he was much better and eating again :D

you'd think he'll get used to it all by now...but no...

Ales_Alessandra
05-22-2010, 08:13 PM
:awww: Glad he is better today! :)

Jenrios
05-22-2010, 08:18 PM
baby carrot puree - now that's a great idea! Just given the Queen her medicines - 3 lots in the night - she wasn't too bad as one of them is a supplement and quite tasty.

The journey to the vet, and staying, really stresses her out as well. Hope they manage to stop Charlie's teeth growing!

Carlita
05-22-2010, 08:24 PM
I always have a small jar of baby food in the house. Pure carrots and also some of the mixed fruit ones. So if they do stop eating, I can always make them eat this. Usually it will get them eating again, or at least we keep the stomach going until we can visit the doc ;)

Jenrios
05-22-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm adding it to my shopping list - that's so brilliant! Thanks for the tip!

Carlita
06-02-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm adding it to my shopping list - that's so brilliant! Thanks for the tip!yeah it's really good to have in the house ;)

I'll be in London on 12-13-14 June :) (and on the 13th I'll be in Derby)

How was RG?

Ariel
06-02-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm in love with Aiko. Just had to say. But I'm assuming Eruwen, that you have more than a studio apartment to let him/her roam around in. Dang, I don't even have room for a cage and from the pictures I've seen, the cages are roomy. Heck, if I store anything else, I'll have to move myself out and into the park. :) Or better yet, I get a really big cage, get rid of my bed and move in with my bunny. He/she will be thrilled. (lol)

Sommarsverige
06-03-2010, 01:24 PM
:wavey: :wavey:

How are you chicas doing?

9 days until I will meet Aiko in person :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Jenrios
06-03-2010, 07:33 PM
yeah it's really good to have in the house ;)

I'll be in London on 12-13-14 June :) (and on the 13th I'll be in Derby)

How was RG?

Oh wow! so you'll go to Queens? Brilliant!

RG was great - I always enjoy it. Work has now hit me like an avalanche! But it wouldn't stop me going to RG. I'm disappointed with Fer - I guess he'll learn.

Jenrios
06-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi Gaby :wavey: only just pcked up your message - so sorry! sent a reply!

Jenrios
06-03-2010, 07:35 PM
:wavey: :wavey:

How are you chicas doing?

9 days until I will meet Aiko in person :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

aw, lucky you! She is soooo cute!

Carlita
06-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Oh wow! so you'll go to Queens? Brilliant!

RG was great - I always enjoy it. Work has now hit me like an avalanche! But it wouldn't stop me going to RG. I'm disappointed with Fer - I guess he'll learn. :lol: no Im not going to Queens, Im going to London ;)

Eruwen
06-03-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm in love with Aiko. Just had to say. But I'm assuming Eruwen, that you have more than a studio apartment to let him/her roam around in. Dang, I don't even have room for a cage and from the pictures I've seen, the cages are roomy. Heck, if I store anything else, I'll have to move myself out and into the park. :) Or better yet, I get a really big cage, get rid of my bed and move in with my bunny. He/she will be thrilled. (lol) Aww thank you! She has a lot of fans :D And yes, I have a cage that has 2 floors so she has some room to wander around when I'm at work. When I'm home I pretty much always have the cage open so she can run around the living room and kitchen (unless I'm doing something and I can't keep an eye on her). I don't have a big apartment though! It's basically the ground floor of a house - the house has been turned into 3 apartments. Luckily I had one corner "left" that was perfect for the cage :lol: I'll take some pictures some time :)

Eruwen
06-03-2010, 09:02 PM
9 days until I will meet Aiko in person :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Looking forward to it! :D

Aiko just went into hyperactive mode :lol:

Eruwen
06-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi Gaby :wavey: only just pcked up your message - so sorry! sent a reply! Hey Jen! :wavey: Please don't worry! :hug:

Sommarsverige
06-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Aww thank you! She has a lot of fans :D And yes, I have a cage that has 2 floors so she has some room to wander around when I'm at work. When I'm home I pretty much always have the cage open so she can run around the living room and kitchen (unless I'm doing something and I can't keep an eye on her). I don't have a big apartment though! It's basically the ground floor of a house - the house has been turned into 3 apartments. Luckily I had one corner "left" that was perfect for the cage :lol: I'll take some pictures some time :)

Gaby, you should make a group for Aiko on facebook ;) So everyone who likes her can bekome her fan ;)

Sommarsverige
06-03-2010, 10:05 PM
:lol: no Im not going to Queens, Im going to London ;)

Have fun, chica :hug: Though I am a little sad you wonīt join us at Gabys place :(
We need to meet somewhere else this year then...it is not possible that I wonīt see you at all this year :(
Once per year is a minimum :lol:

Jenrios
06-04-2010, 08:42 PM
:lol: no Im not going to Queens, Im going to London ;)

well, Queens is in LOndon - but then you'll be there the week after - oops! Enjoy London!

Jenrios
06-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Aiko on Facebook would be great!:)

Bunnies like their cages because they have somewhere to go when WE get on THEIR nerves:) They like their own space.

Carlita
06-04-2010, 08:46 PM
a facebook for our bunnies :) I might make one shared by Benito and Charlie. Not a group but a profile :lol:

Jenrios
06-04-2010, 09:00 PM
That would be brilliant!

I'm afraid Arthur and Apple like their privacy;)

Eruwen
06-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Bunnies like their cages because they have somewhere to go when WE get on THEIR nerves:) They like their own space. Not Aiko! :lol: She prefers to be out of the cage than in it. Right now she's stretched out across the couch, relaxing :awww:

Jenrios
06-05-2010, 06:47 PM
You're so lucky she's so sociable!

Carlita
06-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Benito (not impressed) :lol:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Benito115_16jun10.jpg

Charlie (doesnt really care) :lol:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Charlie071.jpg

Ariel
06-17-2010, 03:55 PM
:rolls: :inlove:

Ales_Alessandra
06-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Cutes!! :hug:

Jenrios
06-18-2010, 07:44 PM
oh Sjoukje, they are ADORABLE!

Carlita
06-18-2010, 07:46 PM
thanks Jen :) I was just in time with Benito's pic :lol: he didnt like it much :lol: started to bite them and throw them around :haha:

Charlie didnt care much....he's so easygoing :lol:

how are Apple & Arthur? :hug:

Sommarsverige
06-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Awwwww, these pics are sooooooooooo sweet :hearts:

Ariel
06-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Benito really does look to be on alert......red alert. The toy on top seems to be pinning back his ears. Perhaps they don't like anything on their ears. Still cute to look at. :inlove:

Carlita
06-19-2010, 04:50 PM
no it's not pinning down his ears ;) he just didnt llike them much and wanted to bite them :lol:

Eruwen
06-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the world Liva!

http://www.ballonnenspecialist.nl/images/geboorte%20pooh%20en%20tigger-09604-l.jpg

Eruwen
06-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Aiko is driving me crazy :help:

Carlita
06-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Aiko is driving me crazy :help:how come? :lol:

Eruwen
06-26-2010, 04:02 PM
She won't let me pick her up anymore :awww: She hates to be in her cage... when I lock her in, she literally starts chewing her way out. Unless when she's not allowed in her cage because I'm cleaning it... then she wants to get in of course! :lol: She's also chewing a lot of things she knows she's not supposed to chew... Oh, and she discovered something new: jumping into the plant pot! :haha: Wouldn't mind that, really... but I'm not sure if that plant is safe for her.

I'm hoping she's just hitting puberty and it will pass... :lol: I will probably get her spayed after all when she's old enough, so she won't be bothered by the hormones anymore.

I think I'm going to get a new cage, an indoor one this time... The one I have now seems big, but she actually doesn't have all that much space to run around. I found this one online, seems perfect! http://www.dehuisdiersuper.nl/product/30/97/95/1220/Knaagdieren/Binnenverblijven/Konijnenkooi/Hoekkooi_%22Corny%22

Carlita
06-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Im sure she'll get over it and it will pass...Maybe you should set times that she's out of the cage. I know Benito and Charlie know when it's time and they behave the rest of the time :lol:

nice cage!! The other is big enough though.... :shrug:

right now Charlie is not in the mood to run :lol: too warm

Eruwen
06-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Aiko's been sleeping and sitting all afternoon :lol: She went camping in her tent :lol:

I think I'm gonna get that cage... it's a shame about the other one, but with the hay rack, the toilet and the stairs there really isn't much room left. Plus, at this rate at least one of the doors will need to be replaced because the bars will fall out :o I measured the size of the corner cage against the wall, and it makes a huge difference :eek: Will also be better when I get Aiko a friend... I can tell she gets lonely from time to time :awww:

Ok... back to my cross stitching project! http://www.tommyrobredo.net/images/forum/rockin.gif Don't want to give it to my friend when the baby is 6 months old... :lol:

Carlita
06-26-2010, 06:38 PM
whatever you think is best ;) You do have the big toilet there:lol:

have you been giving her more food? Coz that might help the chewing also :)

Well Rafa was alone....but he didnt seem to care..... in a way Benito and Charlie are alone as well coz they can't stay together :shrug: Im sure she's okay ;) but if you want another one :lol: good luck, it's not that easy.... :o

Eruwen
06-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Yes, I've been feeding her more... but she doesn't eat all that much :shrug: I usually give her 2 full bowls - 1 in the morning and 1 late at night - (well, the mini bowl), which is about 20 grams per bowl I think, sometimes also a little bit when I come home from work. It takes a few hours though for her to eat it all... Sometimes in the morning the bowl is not even empty yet. According to the package she should eat about 60 grams per day :eek: She doesn't seem thin to me though, when I stroke her back I can feel the "ruggenwervels" but they don't stick out, so I guess it's ok.

We'll see how it goes with the new cage, also want to attach a "ren" to it so she has more space when I'm not there. I hope it's a space thing :lol:

Eruwen
06-27-2010, 07:40 AM
Oh, and she refuses to eat veggies :haha: Any tips? :o Maybe I should put it in the bowl with her pellets so she knows it's food?

Carlita
06-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Oh, and she refuses to eat veggies :haha: Any tips? :o Maybe I should put it in the bowl with her pellets so she knows it's food?:lol: you can try. Benito and Charlie have a separate bowl for the dry food and the veggies. (of course they eat it off the floor now :rolleyes: coz that's nicer apparently :o) And maybe she doesnt like it.... have you tried different things? Benito for example doesn't like carrots much..... and Charlie is not a "witlof" fan :lol: I give them: andijvie, peen, witlof, peterselie everyday and sometime add: broccoli, spruiten, aardbei, meloen and other things. :lol: although the fruit is like candy. I just keep trying different things and see if they like them. Sometimes yes, sometimes no :lol: or one does the other doesnt :lol: Charlie loves tomato, Bennie doesnt :lol:

Eruwen
06-27-2010, 11:55 AM
So far I've tried carrot, carrot "loof", paprika, water melon and cucumber... nothing :lol:

Oh dear god, today is even worse than yesterday :sobbing: :help:

Carlita
06-27-2010, 01:58 PM
most like andijvie :)

Ariel
06-27-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you're having problems with your little cutie. Rabbits seems to be complicated little creatures, no? I hope it is a "space thing". Or maybe she is reacting to hormones related to mating urges but she seems a bit young for that. Also seems like the change is rather sudden. I mean, just two or 3 weeks ago everything was fine. Anyway, good luck with all the trial eats you're giving her and the new cage. Wow, a haystack and a toilet in the old cage and she's getting an upgrade. Nice!!!!

Jenrios
06-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Hi Gaby! :wavey: loving the update on Aiko! She's asserting herself over you! :haha: Believe me, she will eat her veggies. My vet advised taking out the rabbit nuggets to stop them grazing all day and make sure they eat their hay and carrots. It works! It just depends who gives in first :)

Jenrios
06-30-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi Sjoukje :wavey: maybe male rabbits are just less trouble? :haha:

Eruwen
07-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Princess Aiko and her new palace! Spoiled little brat :lol: :hug:

http://www.tommyrobredo.net/images/personal/aiko/kooi.jpg

http://www.tommyrobredo.net/images/personal/aiko/aiko_kooi.jpg

Carlita
07-03-2010, 09:25 PM
:lol: cute!

Jenrios
07-04-2010, 09:40 PM
OMG! So cute! Go Princess Aiko!:)

Actually, when I had a rabbit called Jake, and I took him to the vet for a check-up, I told the vet he was a fussy eater, and didn't like the toys I had for him, and would only eat certain hay etc, she turned round and told me 'he's just spoilt, simple as that. It's your own fault he's awkward'. What a diagnosis! LOL!

Eruwen
07-05-2010, 06:07 PM
OMG! So cute! Go Princess Aiko!:)

Actually, when I had a rabbit called Jake, and I took him to the vet for a check-up, I told the vet he was a fussy eater, and didn't like the toys I had for him, and would only eat certain hay etc, she turned round and told me 'he's just spoilt, simple as that. It's your own fault he's awkward'. What a diagnosis! LOL! Wow, that's an easy solution for the vet! :lol: I don't believe that's necessarily always the case though... Humans don't just eat anything either! ;)

I think we have a winner... tomato! http://www.tommyrobredo.net/images/forum/rockin.gif

Jenrios
07-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Yay! Tomatoes rock!

Eruwen
07-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Cucumber is also yummy! :lick: Now that she knows it's actually food :haha:

Carlita
08-03-2010, 10:49 AM
:awww: wow, this forum is really not what it used to be :sad:

Eruwen
08-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I know... I was just thinking of pink schijtlint the other day! :awww:

Jenrios
08-03-2010, 09:37 PM
:awww: wow, this forum is really not what it used to be :sad:

very true :hug:

Sommarsverige
08-03-2010, 09:45 PM
But we really should start to reactivate the forum!!!

Maybe not now, but some decent time when most of the people would be home :)

This forum definitely needs to get a life again :yeah:

Carlita
08-03-2010, 09:49 PM
a lot of "us" have gone :sad: and well..yes.... hmmm

but we can try :)

ooooh Birte, remember the Cool Friends ice candy lipbalm you gave me? With the sheep on it? Is it still for sale? Coz I'd loooooooooooooooooooooooove 1 or 2 more please :angel: It's lovely!!!! :D

Sommarsverige
08-03-2010, 10:01 PM
a lot of "us" have gone :sad: and well..yes.... hmmm

but we can try :)

ooooh Birte, remember the Cool Friends ice candy lipbalm you gave me? With the sheep on it? Is it still for sale? Coz I'd loooooooooooooooooooooooove 1 or 2 more please :angel: It's lovely!!!! :D

But still many people are also there :)

And of course I remember the lipbalm ;) Though I am very sure they donīt sell it right now in the summer, but I will check when winter is coming closer and if they have them, of course I will get you some ;)

Carlita
08-03-2010, 10:03 PM
But still many people are also there :)

And of course I remember the lipbalm ;) Though I am very sure they donīt sell it right now in the summer, but I will check when winter is coming closer and if they have them, of course I will get you some ;)makes sense :lol:

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :hug:

Sommarsverige
08-03-2010, 10:08 PM
makes sense :lol:

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :hug:

De Nando ;)

Carlita
08-04-2010, 09:35 AM
very true :hug:Hey Jen!! :hug: How are the boenies?

Charlie has to go in tomorrow :awww: Been putting cream in his eye for a week now....hopefully the small infection is gone....if not she will have to open the thing in the eye that produces tears coz it might be clogged :awww: (he keeps "crying") I hope all's fine coz it cannot be fun to have that done :sad:

Carlita
08-04-2010, 09:36 AM
I know... I was just thinking of pink schijtlint the other day! :awww::rocker2: :lol: well a lot of the people here atm...don't get that.....So the chicas that are here should try to make this place come alive again :)

Eruwen
08-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Charlie has to go in tomorrow :awww: Been putting cream in his eye for a week now....hopefully the small infection is gone....if not she will have to open the thing in the eye that produces tears coz it might be clogged :awww: (he keeps "crying") I hope all's fine coz it cannot be fun to have that done :sad: Awww poor Charlie! :hug: Hope he'll feel better soon!

Well, I must say life with Aiko is never boring :lol: She's going through all kinds of phases right now... Hope she's calmed down a bit when I go on holiday ;)

Eruwen
08-04-2010, 06:33 PM
:rocker2: :lol: well a lot of the people here atm...don't get that.....So the chicas that are here should try to make this place come alive again :) Very true :lol: Man that was a great night...

I will try to come here more often! Now that I'm finally done with my friend's present, I should have more time to come online at night :lol:

Did I tell you about my job interview by the way?

Carlita
08-04-2010, 06:36 PM
I hope she does too :o :lol:

no, you didnt tell :lol: so tell now :lol::)

Eruwen
08-04-2010, 06:36 PM
The present I made for Liva, my friend's baby girl. She hasn't seen it yet, but I think it's safe to post it here ;)

Carlita
08-04-2010, 06:38 PM
oooh that has turned out really pretty and cute :D

well done! :yeah: :D

Eruwen
08-04-2010, 06:39 PM
no, you didnt tell :lol: so tell now :lol::) It's the same job I applied for in February, the localization project coordinator... in Maastricht :unsure: I must say I'm a little bit torn because of the distance and direction. Even though I LOVE Maastricht, I really want to move west :p But the job sounds really great! The first interview went pretty well, so now I have to wait for them to decide if they want to have a second interview...

Eruwen
08-04-2010, 06:41 PM
oooh that has turned out really pretty and cute :D

well done! :yeah: :D Thanks :D I was SO happy when it was done :lol: All I did last week was work and stitch :silly: Can't wait to see my friend's reaction :D

Carlita
08-04-2010, 06:42 PM
It's the same job I applied for in February, the localization project coordinator... in Maastricht :unsure: I must say I'm a little bit torn because of the distance and direction. Even though I LOVE Maastricht, I really want to move west :p But the job sounds really great! The first interview went pretty well, so now I have to wait for them to decide if they want to have a second interview...ah okay :) cool :) but yeah.... you're going in the opposite direction :lol:

I love Maastricht too, but it's so far from a lot of things.....I know I couldnt do it :o

Carlita
08-04-2010, 06:46 PM
I bought 2 bookcase like things :lol: I hope I can manage to put them together :o

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/0088928_PE220590_S4.JPG
http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/0088932_PE220594_S4.JPG

and some of these to put inside

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/0087840_PE217750_S4.JPG

Eruwen
08-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Ooooooooh nice :D Love the color of the wood!

Eruwen
08-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Your Woezel & Pip ball is being abused :tape:

Carlita
08-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Ooooooooh nice :D Love the color of the wood!Yeah :) I thought I would try to put all my cds in there, and my records and maybe some bears :rolls: I hope I can put them together though :o

Your Woezel & Pip ball is being abused :tape:oh no :rolls:

Eruwen
08-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Yeah :) I thought I would try to put all my cds in there, and my records and maybe some bears :rolls: I hope I can put them together though :o Can be a challenge by yourself... I usually leave it to my father and brothers :o I suck at those things :lol:

Eruwen
08-04-2010, 07:21 PM
http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/02/chocolate-souffle-cupcakes-with-mint-cream/

YUM-O! :lick:

Carlita
08-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Can be a challenge by yourself... I usually leave it to my father and brothers :o I suck at those things :lol:but what could go wrong here? It's just the back, top, bottom, 2 sides and a middle bit... no doors or anything.... it should be okay :o

Eruwen
08-04-2010, 07:49 PM
No, it's probably not difficult... but you might be an arm/hand short :lol:

Carlita
08-04-2010, 07:51 PM
No, it's probably not difficult... but you might be an arm/hand short :lol::lol: we'll see :rocker2: :unsure:

Eruwen
08-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Vamos Moo Shorts! http://www.tommyrobredo.net/images/forum/clapping.gif

Eruwen
08-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Ooooooooh the galleries are back in LunarPages, which means I can upgrade them with one click http://www.tommyrobredo.net/images/forum/yay.gif

Carlita
08-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Ooooooooh the galleries are back in LunarPages, which means I can upgrade them with one click http://www.tommyrobredo.net/images/forum/yay.gif:scratch:

ooh when you have time...could you re-add a forum again? :o Seriously getting on my nerves that it's gone again...with the same error as last time :sad:

Eruwen
08-04-2010, 08:28 PM
The galleries were gone from the "extras package" before, which meant I would have to upgrade them manually... way out of my league :lol:

Saw the forum the other day... no idea what happened there! Can't upgrade it either :( You want to have a complete new one?

Carlita
08-04-2010, 08:30 PM
The galleries were gone from the "extras package" before, which meant I would have to upgrade them manually... way out of my league :lol:

Saw the forum the other day... no idea what happened there! Can't upgrade it either :( You want to have a complete new one?I don't think there is another choice is there? Last time there was no (simple) way to fix it....so I guess so :awww:

Sommarsverige
08-04-2010, 11:01 PM
The present I made for Liva, my friend's baby girl. She hasn't seen it yet, but I think it's safe to post it here ;)

Gaby, that really looks amazing :yeah: Big respect to all the work you put in it :worship: I am very sure she will like it a lot :)

Sommarsverige
08-04-2010, 11:05 PM
:wavey: again :lol:

And btw, I will surely also try to come here more often now :) I still love this place a lot, so you chicas already made a good start for the new life of this forum :)

Buenas noches chicas :zzz:

Ariel
08-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Princess Aiko and her new palace! Spoiled little brat :lol: :hug:

http://www.tommyrobredo.net/images/personal/aiko/kooi.jpg

http://www.tommyrobredo.net/images/personal/aiko/aiko_kooi.jpg

oooh, Aiko is growing. Is she maxed out or will she get bigger? Lucky lucky bunny with her very generous owner. What a piece of real estate she has! And what's that she's nibbling on, hay?

Jenrios
08-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Hola Chicas! :wavey:

Sjoukje - funnily enough, Apple has had another eye-infection, so she will sympathise with Charlie. It's the usual, so I've been giving her eyedrops. Apart from that, they are both fine! Although they are really shedding their coats still.

Gaby - what a lovely present for your friend! I don't have the patience. Or the skill for that matter.

Carlita
08-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Hola Chicas! :wavey:

Sjoukje - funnily enough, Apple has had another eye-infection, so she will sympathise with Charlie. It's the usual, so I've been giving her eyedrops. Apart from that, they are both fine! Although they are really shedding their coats still.

Gaby - what a lovely present for your friend! I don't have the patience. Or the skill for that matter.I took Charlie for a check up today...and his eye is improving :) so no need for nasty things....keep on putting the cream in for another week :) So next Thursday he has to go back again.

OMG....the hair!!! I "plucked" Benito tonight :o:o:o I think he lost half of his fur :eek:Will do the rest on Sunday .... Charlie's not so bad this time...

Glad to hear Apple and Arthur are okay, big :hug: to them from Benito, Charlie and me :D

Eruwen
08-06-2010, 11:41 AM
oooh, Aiko is growing. Is she maxed out or will she get bigger? Lucky lucky bunny with her very generous owner. What a piece of real estate she has! And what's that she's nibbling on, hay? Yes she's grown quite a bit! She's only 5 months old so I think she'll get bigger still :) I'm not sure Aiko agrees with me being generous... she still doesn't like to be in her cage :lol: She was very sweet though yesterday, wanting to be petted all the time :hug: And yes, that's hay she's eating :)

Eruwen
08-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Gaby - what a lovely present for your friend! I don't have the patience. Or the skill for that matter. Thanks Jen! :) This is one of my closest friends, don't think I'd have the patience for just anyone either ;) And it's quite easy actually! Believe me, I'm a disaster with needles and sewing :lol:

Jenrios
08-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi Gaby :wavey: I've tried cross stitch, and, erm, I had lots of knots! I don't any stitching is easy:)

Jenrios
08-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi Sjoukje - Apple and Arthur return the greetings! Once they'd stopped stuffing their faces:) They've got very good appetites right now. And the fluff continues to gather!

Gaby - any fluff shedding from Aiko?

Eruwen
08-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi Gaby :wavey: I've tried cross stitch, and, erm, I had lots of knots! I don't any stitching is easy:) Oh I've had those too! :lol: As you may see in the photo, the design uses gold thread quite a lot... it was HELL to work with that :smash: I'm surprised the thing hasn't flown through the living room at least once :lol:

Eruwen
08-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Gaby - any fluff shedding from Aiko? Yeah, Aiko was shedding terribly a few weeks ago... boenie fluff everywhere! She's not at the moment, but she is in a "digging" phase, which means wood dust (from the toilet) everywhere... :rolleyes: I even had to put something around my plant to protect it, she was digging up the roots :eek:

I actually meant to ask you two... She's not eating as much of her pellets as she used to. Before when I gave them to her (I give them in the morning and late at night, and veggies at 6-ish at night) she would attack them and the bowl was almost always empty after a few hours. Now, when I get home from work it's usually empty or almost empty, but when I wake up it's sometimes hardly touched, sometimes half empty. Sometimes she doesn't even look at it when I put it in the cage. She is eating veggies and hay and pooping normally, so I guess nothing to worry about... what do you think?

Eruwen
08-06-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm going to see the Mary Poppins musical tomorrow :D A friend of mine got free tickets from work and offered to take me, we both have never seen a musical before so we're very excited! :D

Jenrios
08-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Hi Gaby :wavey: I think bunnies go through phases. Sometimes both of mine do not eat all their pellets - sometims they hardly touch them. I usually then go and get some dandelion leaves - if they eat those, I know there's nothing wrong. The last few mornings, they've cleared the lot, but they were 'off' their pellets a couple of weeks ago. As long as Aiko is pooping, drinking and eating veggies, it's just a phase. My vet told me not to leave the bowl in with them all day, as they were used to grazing when they felt like it. I haven't got the heart to do that, although he's probably right. If they know the food is available all day, they are not going to rush to eat it.

Arthur is really greedy, and tucks in straight away, while Apple likes to 'pick' at her food.

Enjoy Mary Poppins!

Carlita
08-08-2010, 03:30 PM
:wavey: thanks for your mail Jen! Haven't had a chance to reply yet.....been away for 2 days and now my grandad is very ill.... it will probably be a matter of time :awww: :sad:

Eruwen
08-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Take care sweetie! :hug:

Jenrios
08-08-2010, 07:52 PM
:wavey: thanks for your mail Jen! Haven't had a chance to reply yet.....been away for 2 days and now my grandad is very ill.... it will probably be a matter of time :awww: :sad:

Hi Sjoukje - so sorry to hear about your grandad. I do hope he can recover :hug:

Carlita
08-08-2010, 08:46 PM
:hug: thank you

Sommarsverige
08-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Big hug to you, Sjoukje :hug: :hug:

Carlita
08-09-2010, 02:54 PM
thanks Birte :hug:

love your avatar :D

Eruwen
08-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Hello chicas! :wavey: Sjoukje, how are you feeling? :hug:

I went to see Inception today... brilliant movie!!

Carlita
09-05-2010, 01:14 PM
VO forum is back online :lol: hopefully to stay this time :o

click (http://verdasco-online.com/forum/index.php)

Sommarsverige
09-05-2010, 06:00 PM
VO forum is back online :lol: hopefully to stay this time :o

click (http://verdasco-online.com/forum/index.php)

Thatīs great news :bounce: :bounce:

Carlita
09-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Thatīs great news :bounce: :bounce::D yeah! Although the server has been sooo slooooooooow today :o I can't be bothered to upload smileys....:o I hope it will be fixed soon coz this is no fun...

Eruwen
09-05-2010, 08:46 PM
:D yeah! Although the server has been sooo slooooooooow today :o I can't be bothered to upload smileys....:o I hope it will be fixed soon coz this is no fun... I hope so too... this is really annoying!

Carlita
09-10-2010, 02:44 PM
ooh Gaby... Benito & Charlie will get their September shot on Wednesday.... does Aiko need one? Don't know if your vet also gives those in September :shrug:

Almost time she'll be here :) Hope it all goes well :lol: but Im guessing it will ;)

Im happy I decided that Katie should remove Charlie's upper teeth on Wednesday (and not wait if one would fall out on its own) He seems to be okay now :) Eating / drinking as he should and also playing like nothing is bothering him :D

Eruwen
09-10-2010, 03:03 PM
ooh Gaby... Benito & Charlie will get their September shot on Wednesday.... does Aiko need one? Don't know if your vet also gives those in September :shrug:

Almost time she'll be here :) Hope it all goes well :lol: but Im guessing it will ;)

Im happy I decided that Katie should remove Charlie's upper teeth on Wednesday (and not wait if one would fall out on its own) He seems to be okay now :) Eating / drinking as he should and also playing like nothing is bothering him :D Yeah, my vet told me I will get an invitation in the mail for the September shot. I'd prefer to take her myself as I want to ask about and arrange for her to get spayed. Plus, 3 boenies might be a bit much for you to handle :lol:

I'm sure it will be fine... Aiko's been very sweet lately :) She's a cuddle bunny!

Eruwen
09-10-2010, 03:04 PM
And yay for Charlie feeling better!! http://www.tommyrobredo.net/images/forum/yay.gif

Carlita
09-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Yeah, my vet told me I will get an invitation in the mail for the September shot. I'd prefer to take her myself as I want to ask about and arrange for her to get spayed. Plus, 3 boenies might be a bit much for you to handle :lol:

I'm sure it will be fine... Aiko's been very sweet lately :) She's a cuddle bunny!Well, that was what I would suggest :lol: going there yourself :lol: I can't take the bus with 3 boenies travel cages :o :rolls:

Eruwen
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Well, that was what I would suggest :lol: going there yourself :lol: I can't take the bus with 3 boenies travel cages :o :rolls: No, I didn't expect you to :lol: I think it's quite something already that you want to take her in for the week :hug:

Carlita
09-10-2010, 06:40 PM
No, I didn't expect you to :lol: I think it's quite something already that you want to take her in for the week :hug::lol:

sure, :hug: why not?

Carlita
09-10-2010, 06:42 PM
I need to put some smileys back on the forum :o

Eruwen
09-10-2010, 06:44 PM
I know the feeling :haha: That will be my project for tomorrow :)

Carlita
09-10-2010, 06:48 PM
:o I might join you there :lol:

Eruwen
09-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Let's hope the server won't crash again :haha:

Carlita
09-10-2010, 09:43 PM
was that the reason for it being slow? Or for the forum disappearing? :lol:

Eruwen
09-11-2010, 08:15 AM
I have no idea... When the support person looked into it, it was already back to normal... so we shall never know! :lol:

Carlita
09-11-2010, 09:00 PM
I have no idea... When the support person looked into it, it was already back to normal... so we shall never know! :lol:oh that's who you got the slightly strange message from? :unsure: :lol:

pffff glad the smileys are back :rolls: crappy job !

Eruwen
09-11-2010, 09:22 PM
oh that's who you got the slightly strange message from? :unsure: :lol: No, that was someone at work :lol:

Jenrios
09-18-2010, 04:28 PM
aw, Lucky Sjoukje gets to bunny-sit Aiko! Glad to hear Charlie is on the mend! Meanwhile, Apple has had another eye-infection, but it's almost cleared up. Arthur has been extra-loving to her - erm, he either seems to like the taste of her eyedrops, or he's cleaning her face:)

Carlita
10-06-2010, 06:50 PM
aw, Lucky Sjoukje gets to bunny-sit Aiko! Glad to hear Charlie is on the mend! Meanwhile, Apple has had another eye-infection, but it's almost cleared up. Arthur has been extra-loving to her - erm, he either seems to like the taste of her eyedrops, or he's cleaning her face:)hey Jen! :wavey:

yeah it was fun :) She's a little shredder machine :haha: OMG...the mess!!!! :eek:

Charlie has to go back on Monday to have his eye checked....it does seem somewhat better...but Im not sure...

I almost had a 3rd boenie on Saturday :o

Eruwen
10-08-2010, 12:05 PM
I almost had a 3rd boenie on Saturday :o :eek: How come?

Carlita
10-08-2010, 01:25 PM
there was this 5 month old girlbaby boenie :awww: (een vosje) and no one wanted her coz she was 5 months old...so "too old" but, she's pretty tiny...so...WTF?! They all wanted her before but she was a bit sick so they had to nurse her back to health. Now she's okay and no one wanted her. She met Charlie :D and he seemed to like her :lol: But, I can't afford 3 boenies...2 is already a lot of money each month. :o I had already given her a name :awww:

The lady in the shop said she would do her best to find her a good home...no matter how long it would take. Then, on Saturday she found a good home for her :D so :woohoo:

Jenrios
10-08-2010, 07:21 PM
aw, I'm so glad she found a home, bless her. 5 months is not too old! Bunnies vets bills are so expensive. LOL at Aiko being a 'little shredder'. Get well Charlie!

Sommarsverige
10-08-2010, 09:14 PM
So good to hear the little baby boenie found a nice home :yeah: :)

Eruwen
10-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Tsss... silly people! Why would 5 months be too old? Glad she found a home at last!

Carlita
10-09-2010, 10:01 AM
yeah I don't get it either :awww: I mean, when I got Charlie he was slightly younger and twice this boenie's size ....and still adorable! Also this one isn't going to grow any bigger....

anyway, glad she got a new home :D

Carlita
10-18-2010, 08:19 AM
:aparty: :hug: Happy birthday Pinkieeeeeeeeeeeee :hug: :aparty:

http://haveyourcakeandeatittoo.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/cinderella_pink_birthday_cake.jpg

Jenrios
10-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Pinkee hasn't visited for ages. But anyway, Happy Birthday Pinkee!

Jenrios
10-18-2010, 06:47 PM
and I know I'm a day early, but just in case I don't get on-line tomorrow -

Happy Birthday Sjoukje! :aparty:

Carlita
10-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Thank you Jen!!!! It's that time of year again!!! 7,000 Nando Land birthdays :lol:

Mount Goddess
10-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Thank you for my birthdat messages xxx
Ohh I love the pink princess castle cake. I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo would love that:D:D:D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOO
Hope you have the best day ever
Love you xxxxxxxx

Carlita
10-20-2010, 11:16 AM
:aparty: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENA!!! :hug: and LINDA!! :hug:

have a lovely day!!

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss190/pic-finder101/Decorated%20images/birthday-rabbit.gif

Eruwen
10-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Wow, so many birthdays this week! Happy birthday all! http://www.tommyrobredo.net/images/forum/party.gif

Jenrios
10-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks! Love the bunny! Yes, all the best people are born in October;)

Carlita
10-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Did you have a nice birthday Jen? :D

Jenrios
11-04-2010, 09:28 PM
yes, I did thanks - better late than never LOL!

Both bunnies are sick. Apple has an eye infection again - it seems her tears ducts are probably blocked. Nearly fainted myself when the vet used a needle to flush them out - and yes, he did give her a numbing jab first. She's back next week to check on her progress - she seems better.

Arthur has a scab hock - a little sore on his back leg, which needed treating, and he's having 2 teeth out next week. Poor bunnies!

Carlita
11-04-2010, 09:35 PM
:sad: oh no....... poor boenies! Im glad I didnt have to see Charlie's eye getting flushed :o Will they be okay though? :awww: :hug:

Last week Benito moved while Katie was cutting his molars...and bam! A gulf of blood came out :eek: :unsure: I nearly fainted :o Katie and Petra explained that they don't feel this....it's not as bad as it looks....still it was horror for me :sad: and he was a bit off colour the days after...seems okay now.

big hugs to you, Apple and Arthur from Benito, Charlie & me :hug:

Jenrios
11-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Ouch! poor Benito. Not surprised he was 'off colour'. Apple's eyes have been much better since they were flushed. They are both indoors this evening - it's Bonfire night, and little bunnies need to be kept somewhere safe and quiet:) Will let you know how Arthur gets on next week.

Carlita
11-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah it wasnt really nice :awww: Charlie's eye is a little bit better....but I have to clean it every day and if possible with chamomile tea coz that's really good to clean/flush eyes with :) and then use the fine comb and make sure the hairs around his eyes are nice.

awww good that they are inside tonight! I bet a lot of pets will be in distress :awww:

Voo de Mar
11-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Dank je Sjoukje :worship: You are wonderful :kiss:

Carlita
11-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Are they okay like that? I wasnt sure :o :lol:

Voo de Mar
11-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Of course they are ok, you saved me a lot of time :hug: I want to have gathered similar stats from as many years as possible, so thanks to your mail I don't need to check all the seasons of the previous decade, can go directly to the 90's and 80's :p

Carlita
11-07-2010, 03:33 PM
:lol: Okay then :lol:

good luck with that ;)

Jenrios
11-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Cute av Sjoukje! Arthur has had his teeth removed asnd trimmed, and he is fine. Kept him in with me last night, and he's back with Apple today.

Poor Apple - her eye problem has been solved. She doesn't have an infection - because she is a Netherland dwarf and is now 6, her tears ducts have 'sealed up'. The vet tried to flush them out again, but they are blocked. They don't give her pain, but I have to bathe her eyes twice a day to keep them clean. I'm just glad they don't hurt her.

Carlita
11-10-2010, 09:47 PM
awwww poor bunnies! :awww: So Arthur has no front teeth anymore ? Can he still eat? Charlie's only got the bottom 2 left...and somehow he manages when I chop up his veggies :)
I also have to clean his right eye every day and make sure the hairs around the eye don't get lumps.... I think he's got the same problem as Apple :awww: Some days are good and some are bad, but we manage.

Im really glad he's such a happy bunny :) that makes it all sort of okay...coz if he's still happy , eating, running, playing, that means he's not uncomfortable by it all :D

Give them a big hug Jen!! :hug: You're such a good bunny mum :D

Jenrios
11-10-2010, 09:53 PM
No, Arthur's had his back teeth out and filed down. Both bunnies have 'perfect front teeth' - according to the vet. Yes, I've been warned about the hair around Apple's eyes - the 'salt' in the tear ducts can cause bald patches around the eyes. So it does sound like Charlie's problem as well - and he's much younger than Apple.

Thanks for saying I'm a good bunny mum - means alot from another good bunny mum. Let's hope our bunnies manage to keep well, eh?

Jenrios
11-10-2010, 09:55 PM
As you rightly say, as long as we can make them happy. :hug: to your boys as well!

Carlita
11-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Well yeah! I would say if they are uncomfortable they will not play and eat as they do now, right? My vet said that eventhough Charlie's got all these problems, he's a very happy bunny, so Im glad :D

I guess he's got all these problems because of the abcess he had in his jaw last year :awww: that messed up his teeth and his eye..... but we'll manage ;)

Eruwen
11-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Poor boenies! Only now that I have Aiko do I truly understand what you are going through at times! ;)

Aiko has been spayed today, but luckily she's ok - as it's quite an intense operation I was a little worried. Hope she'll be back to her sweet self soon, she really is such a sweet bunny! (Well, most of the time anyway :lol: ) I'm glad she's a cuddle bunny :D

Carlita
11-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Did she have the big operation?

Eruwen
11-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Yeah... she's not feeling too great right now! Hope she'll be ok soon :unsure:

Eruwen
11-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Aiko's not eating again :sobbing:

Carlita
11-13-2010, 09:23 AM
not at all? :awww:

time to wrap her in a towel, turn and stick a "spuitje" in her mouth.

Eruwen
11-13-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm trying, but I can't even catch her :( She's sitting way in the back of her cage and I can barely reach her there *sigh* Guess I'll keep trying.

The vet called to check how she's doing, she has to go somewhere this morning but she'll call again when she's back, if Aiko's not eating by then I can go see her.

Silly boenie! Just eat already! :awww:

Carlita
11-13-2010, 09:28 AM
ooh well that's nice of the vet!! So yes, if you don't trust it ask her to see you :yeah:

have you tried different things? maybe some fruit? (most bunnies love sweet stuff, like some humans I know :o )

Eruwen
11-13-2010, 09:31 AM
I've tried pretty much everything she normally eats, but she won't have it. I filled an empty toilet roll with hay (that sometimes works to get her to eat more hay), but she only eats the paper, that can't be good either.

I just tried to catch her again, but I can't get a grip on her because of the way the cage is built. And if I try too long all she does is attack me :awww:

Carlita
11-13-2010, 09:33 AM
hmm not good.... what if you take a towel and place it over her so she's a bit disorientated ? That might by you time to pick her up?

Eruwen
11-13-2010, 09:34 AM
That's what I tried... she's too fast

Carlita
11-13-2010, 09:48 AM
I'd help you...but Im too far away :o

Eruwen
11-13-2010, 09:50 AM
She just ate 3 strands of hay :woohoo: And then it stopped again... *sigh* I mean, it's ok if she eats tiny bits like every hour, but she hasn't eaten anything since yesterday evening.

She's eating the toiletpaper roll now... do you think that could harm her? Maybe better to take it out.

Think I will take her to the vet just in case...

Carlita
11-13-2010, 09:56 AM
yeah, try to only have her eat real food.....

Voo de Mar
11-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi :) Have you received my mail, could you help me a little bit one again? :p

Carlita
11-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I have ;) but didnt have time yet...maybe tomorrow ;)

Voo de Mar
11-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Ok, thanks :yeah:

Eruwen
11-13-2010, 03:56 PM
We have one eating and pooping bunneh :woohoo: Small bits (in both cases :lol: ), but it's a start! And without vet interference this time, so I hope that's a good sign.

Vet still hasn't called though... I hope she will soon cause I need to know if it would be ok for her to be by herself for a couple hours tonight...

Thanks for being there btw Sjoukje... sorry for all the questions :lol: But I was desperate this morning and didn't know where else to go :hug:

Carlita
11-13-2010, 06:32 PM
ooh good news!!! Always best if they eat on their own :D

:rocker2: go Aiko!

and you're welcome ;)

Sommarsverige
11-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Gaby, I am soooooo happy that Aiko is starting to get better :bounce: :bounce: :yippee:

Eruwen
11-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Seems she is on the mend! When I got home last night I shoved a bowl of andive under her nose and she ate half of it, during the night she ate the rest on her own :D

Think it's time to give her some exercise now :)

Carlita
11-14-2010, 09:50 AM
:yeah: good news

Eruwen
11-14-2010, 12:08 PM
She is now lying on a towel with her head under that blue fluffy toy you bought for her :haha:

Carlita
11-14-2010, 12:19 PM
:lol: but it's very soft ;)

Charlie usually drags the big duck to the pink basket where his green doggie is and then sleeps on/in between them :lol:

Eruwen
11-14-2010, 12:23 PM
It's very soft, but she usually ignores it :lol:

Jenrios
11-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Hope Aiko is feeling better. Can't blame her being off her food after an op. Mine don't have teddies anymore - they rip them to shreds. Apple had a little toy horse when she was on her own - but as they have each other, they prefer cuddling each other. They love a little snuggle:)

Carlita
11-15-2010, 07:09 PM
:lol: they rip them to pieces? :eek: wow! Charlie just licks them :lol: and Benito ignores them.

Charlie's got a bad eye atm.... Lots of white stuff coming out of it...so I flushed it as best as I could with camomile tea. Looks somewhat better, I hope it clears up...don't want him to get eye cream again :awww:

Eruwen
11-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Hope Aiko is feeling better. Can't blame her being off her food after an op. Mine don't have teddies anymore - they rip them to shreds. Apple had a little toy horse when she was on her own - but as they have each other, they prefer cuddling each other. They love a little snuggle:) She's feeling a lot better :D She immediately jumped at her veggies this evening like she usually does, and she even ate some pellets during the day. And there's been a poop fest :haha:

Carlita
11-15-2010, 10:06 PM
and I thought all was well with my bunnies (apart from Charlie's teeth and eye) but no....

Something's wrong with Benito :awww: He's got some slime with his poo and he also leaves drops of pee everywhere.... :sad: I better take him in tomorrow to have it checked out.....

will it ever end? :sad:

Eruwen
11-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Oh no :awww: Take care Bennie! :hug:

Carlita
11-16-2010, 08:45 AM
:awww: it 's not like he's "sick" sick.... coz he eats, plays, poos, pees ... but losing the pee is not good me thinks, so better check it out.

Jenrios
11-16-2010, 06:37 PM
oh dear - Aiko, Apple and Arthur are on the road to recovery, and now poor Charlie and Benito are under the weather. Hope it's nothing serious. Bunnies tummies are very delicate.

Carlita
11-16-2010, 06:48 PM
they checked out Benito...but couldnt find anything in his tummy or bladder...so I have to collect some urine.... :o :help: how do you do that?!

The slime in his poo is caused by a parasite...so, I got meds for both. 2 days then nothing for 5 days, another 2 days and then bring poo from the both of them to see if it's clean.

And Charlie's eye just needs to be cleaned with camomile tea every day.....

pfff..... hope it all clears soon :awww:

edit: Bennie did a peeeeeeeeeee :woohoo:

Eruwen
11-19-2010, 06:58 PM
http://www.bunspace.com/static/bunpics/16711/badge200.jpg

http://www.bunspace.com/view_bunny?bunid=16711

Carlita
11-19-2010, 07:04 PM
:lol: cool!

I should make one for the boys :D

Eruwen
11-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Yes, then they can be family! :D (Btw, you only need 1 account to which you can add several buns :) Also the ones that have gone to boenie heaven :awww: )

Carlita
11-19-2010, 07:12 PM
i could even add Rafa? Would he be a bunneh that went to the rainbow bridge? :scratch:

Eruwen
11-19-2010, 07:30 PM
i could even add Rafa? Would he be a bunneh that went to the rainbow bridge? :scratch: Yes and yes :)

Carlita
11-19-2010, 08:13 PM
http://www.bunspace.com/static/bunpics/16712/badge200.jpg (http://www.bunspace.com/view_bunny?bunid=16712)http://www.bunspace.com/static/bunpics/16713/badge200.jpg (http://www.bunspace.com/view_bunny?bunid=16713)http://www.bunspace.com/static/bunpics/16714/badge200.jpg (http://www.bunspace.com/view_bunny?bunid=16714)

click on the pics to see their bunneh profile :lol:

Jenrios
11-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Hmm, maybe this should be the bunny thread? Have to ask Sjoukje, how did you manage to get a sample of Benito's wee???? And how did he get parasites? Not much fun checking bunny poo for the next few days, but it has to be done.

Ti to check out Bunspace! brilliant!

Carlita
11-21-2010, 08:09 PM
I took out all the newspapers and hay..and put the top of a plastic box in their place. He always goes upstairs for a wee and a poo after running around the house...so it was easier than I expected :lol:

No idea how he got the parasite :shrug: Maybe something in the hay?

bunspance is funny :lol: