~*~Nando's Chicas' & Chico Milan's Chillin' Cheery Chat World~*~ [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

~*~Nando's Chicas' & Chico Milan's Chillin' Cheery Chat World~*~

Pages : 1 [2]

Carlita
12-01-2010, 07:01 AM
:hug: :aparty: :bdaycake: :hug:
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Benito/birthdaybenito.jpg

Jenrios
12-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Happy Birthday Benito! Hope you got lots of carrots!

Carlita
12-16-2010, 09:12 AM
:hug: :aparty: :bdaycake: :hug:
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Benito/hbdcharlie.jpg

Eruwen
12-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Happy birthday Charlie! :hug: Sorry I'm a day late...

Eruwen
12-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Boenie mums, I need your advice... Aiko's been having a lot of sticky poo lately, and I'm not sure where it's coming from... Any ideas? Too much vegetables maybe?

Carlita
12-17-2010, 09:40 AM
could be.... did you give her something new maybe?

Maybe give her less veggies for a day or 2 and just hay. Hay calms down the inside :)

I remember when Rafa had to switch from his food to the new food/veggies he first had to only eat hay for 3 days, nothing else, so his stomach could adjust.
When in doubt, call the vet :shrug:

Jenrios
12-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Boenie mums, I need your advice... Aiko's been having a lot of sticky poo lately, and I'm not sure where it's coming from... Any ideas? Too much vegetables maybe?

be careful with green veggies. Too much is bad for them. I stick to just carrots for mine. My vet has very strong opinions on feeding bunnies - never give them anything they wouldn't eat in the wild and is natural for them. Too much green stuff can cause their digestive systems to break down. Mine love dandelion leaves, but I ration them as they never know when to stop. Good quality hay is vital to give them a blanced diet.

Belated birthday greetings Charlie!

Jenrios
12-19-2010, 06:42 PM
I love this book -

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4179KObO0%2BL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Carlita
12-19-2010, 06:54 PM
I love this book -

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4179KObO0%2BL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpgoh that looks very interesting!!!

Eruwen
12-19-2010, 07:00 PM
be careful with green veggies. Too much is bad for them. I stick to just carrots for mine. My vet has very strong opinions on feeding bunnies - never give them anything they wouldn't eat in the wild and is natural for them. Too much green stuff can cause their digestive systems to break down. Mine love dandelion leaves, but I ration them as they never know when to stop. Good quality hay is vital to give them a blanced diet.

Belated birthday greetings Charlie! Ok... That might be it, since her spay she always eats all of her andive first, she doesn't like carrots as much as she used to. I've cut the veggies completely since Friday I think, but it hasn't stopped yet :( It's usually during the night, but I guess that makes sense.

I give her Timothy hay - of course the princess only wants to most expensive :lol: It's the only type she seems to like though, some times more than others.

Do you think toilet bedding could have something to do with it? I use wood pellets but switched to a new brand recently.

I have no idea where this is coming from, I did not change her diet at all :confused: Guess I'll give the vet a call this week just to make sure.

Eruwen
12-19-2010, 07:01 PM
I love this book -

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4179KObO0%2BL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg Oh I should get that :D

Jenrios
12-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi Gaby - I use Timothy hay as well:) I feed Apple and Arthur on Excel rabbit food - which is basically compressed grass pellets. I don't think the bedding would affect Aiko. Maybe somethng is working it's way through her system? I'd just feed her hay and rabbit mix, but if you are worried, phone the vet. Hope she recovers and saves you the worry.

Eruwen
12-20-2010, 08:06 PM
It seems to be getting better... I only found a few tiny sticky poos in her toilet yesterday evening, and none this morning :) She's been eating a lot of hay this weekend as I didn't give her any veggies and also cut down on the pellets a little bit (I give her Beaphar care plus). Let's see how this goes for a few days, then maybe gradually add a bit of veggies.

Only problem now is that she has a poopy stuck in her fur, which she hasn't removed herself yet, and of course she won't let me pick her up :( It's like she senses when I'm going to try... can't even come near her! So that will be my challenge now :lol:

Thanks both for the help and advice! :hug: Don't really have anyone else to talk to concerning rabbits... my colleagues kinda start rolling their eyes whenever I mention Aiko :haha:

Jenrios
12-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Aw, I'm glad she is better - you can't beat hay:) Hmm, poopy fur, eh? You need someone to help you - someone to hold her, the other to try and sponge or cut the fur. If you can't, then it'll have to be the vets. Once you've pcked her up, and tilted her backwards a bit, she should be ok. Good luck!

Jenrios
12-23-2010, 07:17 PM
A Very Merry Christmas to all!

Carlita
12-23-2010, 08:51 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Benito/hoppy80.jpg

Jenrios
12-24-2010, 12:02 PM
aw, bless them - so sweet! Nadolig LLawen little Christmas bunnies!

Carlita
12-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Vote JM :bounce:

come on :rocker2:

nevermind :lol: game over ;)

anaquot
12-28-2010, 06:43 AM
:wavey: bunny stuff! we give our bunnies papaya and banana, too. papaya has good enzymes for digestion, and banana is one of the fruits you can eat when you're making too soft doodoo (for people, but the bunnies tolerate it well). Banana is actually an herb :) I like to see the pictures of yours, I've had pet bunnies before, but the ones we have now are part of the farming...I still like to give them treats and good stuff and scratches, though. What kinds are they, they have such fun markings?

Eruwen
12-28-2010, 05:23 PM
More bunny lovers! We're kinda taking over this thread :lol:

You can see photos of my Aiko here (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=224988&id=789649201&l=716618ef6c). Literally translated she's a "Dutch Lop Dwarf", but I haven't yet figured out if that's a Dwarf Lop or a Holland Lop in English... (or even something else) :lol:

anaquot
12-29-2010, 07:18 AM
I love the pic of her in the little tent :)

Carlita
12-29-2010, 08:16 AM
These are my boenies :)

Benito (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=91862&id=787413134&l=f96c9f4772)

Charlie (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=111696&id=787413134&l=d5efbac9b9)

Rafael (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=22864&id=787413134&l=2091e264cd)(who's no longer with us :awww: )

anaquot
12-30-2010, 05:59 AM
They look like a couple of rascals :D and Rafael was gorgeous!

Jenrios
01-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Happy New Year!

Jenrios
01-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Hi Sjoukje! Your bunny card arrived! I shall keep it safe, with the others:)

Carlita
01-02-2011, 02:53 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/hny.jpg

ooh glad it got there :)

Carlita
03-13-2011, 09:01 PM
:wavey: hey Jen!

how are the boenies doing? Have you made a bunspace thingie yet? Love to see you there! It's a great site for boenies and their owners :D

Jenrios
03-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Hi Sjoukji! I just don't have the time, I'm afraid. I get on-line about 3 times a week, maybe for an hour. I also have a trapped nerve in my right arm, and it's so painful. The bunnies are doing fine! They are now 7 and 8:) They are still so fast - and therfore, difficult to catch:) Hope the boys are well!

Carlita
03-13-2011, 09:25 PM
oooh that doesnt sound too good!! :hug: Are you getting treatment?
Glad to hear your boenies are doing fine :) Benito and Charlie are as well. (Just some eyetrouble for Charlie :awww: and finding it hard to decide if we should remove the bottom teeth as well :sad: don't know what to do...)

Jenrios
03-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Physio is available by phone between 9 and 1 - I've no time to phone! Will have to wait until I am off.

Poor Charlie - those troublesome teeth! Are they the source of his eye-problems? I still bathe Apple's every day.

Jenrios
03-14-2011, 07:39 PM
and once again, one of their water bottles has been loosened again!

Carlita
03-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Physio is available by phone between 9 and 1 - I've no time to phone! Will have to wait until I am off.

Poor Charlie - those troublesome teeth! Are they the source of his eye-problems? I still bathe Apple's every day.oh my.... don't you have a coffee break?

No I don't think they are the source.... His bottom teeth are fine btw, just the "hassle" (more for him than me) to have them cut every 2 weeks. First I'll sort his eye problem and then think later about the teeth.

Katie is not at work this week and I dont want him to wait until she's back, so I've made an appointment with the other vet. I would have preferred Katie coz she's been treating him all this time. But Petra will do, as long as she makes him sleep when she flushes his eye. :unsur:

What are they doing with the waterbottles?

have you seen these?
https://bunspace.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/blenda1.jpg
Blenda has 3 treat recesses covered by 2 1/2 inch wooden balls. Your rabbit will have fun nose-bonking the balls away and figuring out where the treats are hidden.

Blenda comes with a small bag of Bunny Bites, which fit neatly into the recesses.

https://bunspace.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/linnea1.jpg
Linnea has 2 treat recesses that challenge your rabbit to lift each lid in order to reveal its prize. Watching your rabbit puzzle it out, make the connection, and be rewarded with a treat is enthralling.

They look great for them to play with!! :D

Eruwen
03-14-2011, 08:34 PM
have you seen these? I saw those in a youtube video recently :D They do look like fun! Do you know where you can buy them?

Carlita
03-14-2011, 09:07 PM
There's a link on bunspace :)

the one with the balls is $24,95 the other one is $9,95 I think and also available with 4 pots :D

Jenrios
03-17-2011, 08:48 PM
erm, no, I don't really have a coffee break, and I'm lucky to get 20 mins for lunch. I'll do it when I'm off.

How come Charlie's teeth grow so fast????? My bunnies get very stressed when they have to travel to the vet - they hate the pet carrier and they hate the car journey! I don't like stressing them out, so I know what you mean about hassle. I'd be tempted to have the teeth out.

As for the water bottle - they are attached by curvy wire that fits round the bottle to hook to the cage. They loosen the wire so the water bottle drops to the floor. It amuses them a lot right now! Just looking at those toys makes me laugh - mine never play with toys, they prefer to make their own 'fun' digging, throwing the brushes around, moving litter trays and loosening water bottle wires!

Carlita
03-17-2011, 10:19 PM
ah :lol: my boys have these bottles as well....Benito hardly drinks water and Charlie doesnt use it ....it's just there as an extra in case the regular bowl is empty...His teeth were so long that he couldnt use the bottle anymore and he got really mad at it...lashing out and growling towards the bottle. As soon as I gave him water in a bowl he started drinking like mad, so he's got a bowl now. Maybe I should try that with Benito as well .

Charlie's teeth grow so fast coz he only has the bottom two...and no upper teeth to stop the others from growing. Also when he had all 4 of them...they were not in line...so could keep on growing (because of the abcess he had in his jaw) They were also very brittle which made it hard for him to chew stuff coz they would break...which also results in the teeth not grinding down in a natural way as they do for Benito for example.

Charlie is not happy in the travel box either.....but I still feel sorry for him if I remove the teeth now.... :sad: First I want his eye to be okay and then we'll see..... ;)

FlameOn
12-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! It's been quite a year :lol:. Here's to a more prosperous '12 :yeah:.

Naudio Spanlatine
12-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Merry Christmas to all of you:smooch: :hug: :dance:

Naudio Spanlatine
12-24-2011, 09:14 PM
ah :lol: my boys have these bottles as well....Benito hardly drinks water and Charlie doesnt use it ....it's just there as an extra in case the regular bowl is empty...His teeth were so long that he couldnt use the bottle anymore and he got really mad at it...lashing out and growling towards the bottle. As soon as I gave him water in a bowl he started drinking like mad, so he's got a bowl now. Maybe I should try that with Benito as well .

Charlie's teeth grow so fast coz he only has the bottom two...and no upper teeth to stop the others from growing. Also when he had all 4 of them...they were not in line...so could keep on growing (because of the abcess he had in his jaw) They were also very brittle which made it hard for him to chew stuff coz they would break...which also results in the teeth not grinding down in a natural way as they do for Benito for example.

Charlie is not happy in the travel box either.....but I still feel sorry for him if I remove the teeth now.... :sad: First I want his eye to be okay and then we'll see..... ;)
:awww: Charlie & Benito:hug: :hug: