Why do you hate the WTA? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why do you hate the WTA?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

FlameOn
05-10-2010, 12:09 PM
As a follower of both tours...

Allegretto
05-10-2010, 12:20 PM
The quality is terrible and the players are 99.9% choking headcases. Henin is the only female player I can tolerate watching with my trousers on.

DualMedia
05-10-2010, 12:23 PM
I love the women's tour, because of two girls! VENUS AND SERENA! the tour would be nothing without them!

laurie-1
05-10-2010, 12:23 PM
I certainly do not hate the WTA. I've been posting on http://www.tennisforum.com/ since 2006. I'm a fan of Womens Tennis and some of my favourite players include Seles, Capriati, Pierce, Mauresmo and others. I really enjoyed the Italian Open final between Martinez Sanchez and Jankovic, Martinez was even serving and volleying with sucess!!

Its different from Mens Tennis - because they are women for a start!
Holding serve is typically a lot more difficult in the womens game so consequently its always more open.

And women are just different from men anyway so of course the game will be different. The WTA has its issues but the ATP definitely has its issues as well.

Women Athletics is not compared to Mens Athletics - they are different.

I won't vote in the poll for those reasons.

FlameOn
05-10-2010, 12:26 PM
I certainly do not hate the WTA. I've been posting on http://www.tennisforum.com/ since 2006. I'm a fan of Womens Tennis and some of my favourite players include Seles, Capriati, Pierce, Mauresmo and others. I really enjoyed the Italian Open final between Martinez Sanchez and Jankovic, Martinez was even serving and volleying with sucess!!

Its different from Mens Tennis - because they are women for a start!
Holding serve is typically a lot more difficult in the womens game so consequently its always more open.

And women are just different from men anyway so of course the game will be different. The WTA has its issues but the ATP definitely has its issues as well.

Women Athletics is not compared to Mens Athletics - they are different.

I won't vote in the poll for those reasons.
I have an option for 'I like the WTA' you know? ;)

Mjau!
05-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Henin & MJMS > Federer & Nadal

Robredo > Everyone else on the WTA tour

laurie-1
05-10-2010, 12:33 PM
I have an option for 'I like the WTA' you know? ;)

Yes,

But the title of your thread is "Why do you hate the WTA?" That implies that you are looking for reasons why people hate the WTA.

Perhaps a better thread title would be - How Do you feel about the WTA at present? Then have a poll and people could say what they think.

Its not a very nice thread to start in my opinion.

Ertl93
05-10-2010, 12:39 PM
it´s so boring...

MacTheKnife
05-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Where's the "all of the above" option... :lol:

Judio
05-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Waiting for a mens match to start on your court at Grand Slams

Having to wait 3 plus hours for the women to finish

laurie-1
05-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Clearly this thread is designed to bash the Women.

Go ahead and do that if it makes you feel better about yourselves......

paseo
05-10-2010, 12:52 PM
MensTennisForums.com

Matt01
05-10-2010, 12:53 PM
I don't hate it, in fact I like it. :yeah:

Henin & MJMS > Federer & Nadal

Robredo > Everyone else on the WTA tour

:lol:

Start da Game
05-10-2010, 12:55 PM
let's have this discussion at MTF's sister forum TF.......i am Stop da Game over there, and i stop by there once or twice in a year.......

Hewitt =Legend
05-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Someone asked me the other day "who's your favourite womens player"

And I said "whoever wins the first set".

Everko
05-10-2010, 01:30 PM

:worship::worship:

Seriuously women's tennis is just no good. There used to be a little bit of interest when the game play was different. But now they all try to play like men(because of the williams) and all it does is make for a much lesser version of the men's game.

Acer
05-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Serena is a fucking disgrace

superslam77
05-10-2010, 02:03 PM
let's have this discussion at MTF's sister forum TF.......i am Stop da Game over there, and i stop by there once or twice in a year.......

:lol: that was funny.

All of the above except the last one.

siddy
05-10-2010, 02:19 PM
I actually liked the WTA quite a lot back in the nineties (I still have fond memories of some Graf-Sanchez Vicario matches). I loved the tour up until Hingis -- and then Williams dominance onwards I've stopped watching it on a regular basis. I agree that they started playing like men and therefore lost a lot of attraction they held earlier. The number of injuries and lack of dominance at the non-slams also hurts. I think Henin is exceptionally good but can't say I care for others. That said, I still watch the women's matches at the grand slams cos it's generally better than most of the other tournaments.

Judio
05-10-2010, 02:29 PM

Serena started at 12 today

She finished at 1540 !!!

Aenea
05-10-2010, 02:42 PM

This.

Sunset of Age
05-10-2010, 02:45 PM
This.

+1. Terrible, especially when you're a European and it's the AO or USO you're watching, aaaaarrrrggghhhh!!!

Noleta
05-10-2010, 03:03 PM
I like watching WTA.It's unpredictable,who would've thought Martinez could win a Master last week:lol:

Dmitry Verdasco
05-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I used to like WTA more because you'd actually get to see some point construction, more so than on the ATP. Williams sisters ruined the tour. Now the only people able to compete are man-esque players like Stosur or heffers like Bartoli and Kleybanova. Now all the pretty, thin girls in the cute outfits never get on TV anymore. :(

Certinfy
05-10-2010, 03:14 PM
I admit the quality is pretty bad at times and stuff, but I don't 'hate' it. I do follow it but no where as near as closely as I follow the ATP.

I'll say i'm indifferent about the matter.

dodo
05-10-2010, 03:39 PM
The level of play is just horrid compared to men. Random bread-and-butter shots end up in the net or backboard constantly, its like watching two Federers in a Masters event. And it feels like the whole thing is in slow-motion. Balls that would be crushed by any ATP player end up being clean winners.

That said, I will gladly watch Henin vs Clijsters, the only two serious players.

_Chaz
05-10-2010, 03:55 PM

Totally agree.
I really don´t like this men/women combinded tournaments like Madrid, Memphis etc. Especially at the GS it´s so annoying...

christallh24
05-10-2010, 03:56 PM
The same reason why I hate the ATP now. Federer...:shrug:

But seriously, Serena. And now Serena and Henin.

Roamed
05-10-2010, 04:33 PM
I dislike it because I find it boring and the quality just isn't the same in the ways I find most important :shrug: Eurosport only ever showing WTA matches doesn't help either.

Sillyrabbit
05-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Mostly indifference for me, though I keep an eye out for results of some players I like e.g. Dementieva, Wickmayer, Venus.

BP.
05-10-2010, 06:16 PM
it's not that bad, WTA works like good sleeping draught

Tutu
05-10-2010, 06:26 PM
LOVE IT. :inlove::bowdown::sport::worship:

I love both tours just as much but for different reasons. I like the mens because the overall quality is better. There are generally a lot more rallies and the tennis is much cleaner. Most of my favourites have fun personalities on court and a lot of time it is great to watch. However, there are also many more boring players and I just find that most of the players are like best friends off-court so often we don't get much entertainment outside of the tennis. Also, the matches can often become way too dominated by serve and it just makes me want to jump off the cliff seing all the 6ft6+ players just serving their way into the top 20 and above.

The WTA is completely opposite. The general level of the tour is much lower and it can be awful (although sometimes so bad it is actually enjoyable to watch :lol:) however that's the risk with the flat-ball hitters of the WTA and I find that when they do get it right, the matches are often better than the mens. And the drama (with most girls hating each other) is just unrivalled. Practically no tournament goes by without something happening. For instance the "I'm not Justine" comment by Serena to Jankovic after their match just 3 days ago last week or this classic interview:

-4DHCdE7quU

Certinfy
05-10-2010, 06:55 PM
From reading some of the comments in this thread, I think some of you are being perhaps a little too harsh? :shrug:

laurie-1
05-10-2010, 07:44 PM
From reading some of the comments in this thread, I think some of you are being perhaps a little too harsh? :shrug:

Well said young man. I see you are 18 years old and have a good head on your shoulders.

Ultimately this is nothing more than a schoolboy thread.

Dedric
05-10-2010, 07:51 PM
I don't hate the WTA.

Even though women's tennis has been boring lately, I actually prefer to watch or follow women's tennis over men.

There is more drama in women's tennis because there are more players that have personalities.

Men's matches can be boring to watch because they don't show as much emotion and there aren't as many rallies.

The points in men's matches are much shorter than in the women's matches.

DualMedia
05-10-2010, 07:53 PM

Serena has 12 GS, now tell me that is a disgrace!

Chiakifug
05-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Mens quality is better, but the womens drama and personalties are better.

KarlyM
05-11-2010, 08:49 AM
I don't hate the WTA, I'm just indifferent. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. ;) I do like watching some players, but I don't follow the WTA as closely as I follow the ATP.

But I really hate the grunting by some players. I don't mean normal grunting - the high-pitched screeching and screaming is VERY annoying and doesn't seem natural.

I also don't like a number of players - Serena (definitely), Sharapova (definitely), Henin, Ivanovic, Azarenka, Pennetta, Oudin, Bartoli, Schnyder... usually most of them are on TV ALL THE TIME, so I hardly get to see any WTA players I would want to watch. :ras:

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-11-2010, 11:49 AM
absolute crap, choking errors, terrible matches, weak as fuck 2nd serves, no drama, grunting, boring!!!

apart from kirilenko,sharapova,hantouchova,golovin,ivanovic,w ozniacki(not even on show courts, apart from wozniaki and her matches are shite) the chicks are ugly e.g stosur,williams sisters, henin, kutznetsova etc

Everko
05-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Well said young man. I see you are 18 years old and have a good head on your shoulders.

Ultimately this is nothing more than a schoolboy thread.

except it laurie. We don't like WTA no matter how many "immature" insults you hurl at us. I guess its immature to dislike a lesser version of tennis.

Matt01
05-11-2010, 05:20 PM
except it laurie. We don't like WTA no matter how many "immature" insults you hurl at us. I guess its immature to dislike a lesser version of tennis.

Accept.

Chiakifug
05-11-2010, 05:43 PM

Its not immature to dislike womens tennis, its immature to be such a cock.

lalaland
05-11-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't hate it, but I can't stand watching those who screech, it hurts my ears. The low-pitch men's grunt is much more easier on the ears.

tennisfan856
05-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Mens quality is better, but the womens drama and personalties are better.

This is exactly how I feel as well. That is why I find myself on the women's forum a lot more because the threads are a lot more interesting than the nadal/federer bashing that goes on here.

out_here_grindin
05-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Why are the women personalities better? Is it good when Serena constantly disrespects Henin? That's good personality and good for the game?

and drama is just a positive spin on choking. When a player is up 5-0 and suddenly its 5-4, it is "dramatic". I always hear that the drama makes women tennis better. Once again I don't think its very dramatic when players miss routine shots in the middle of long rallies. "Oh which shot will they miss?" Is that the best of WTA drama?

Aaric
05-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Serena has 12 GS, now tell me that is a disgrace!

The disgrace are not the slams, the disgrace is Serena

tennisfan856
05-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Why are the women personalities better? Is it good when Serena constantly disrespects Henin? That's good personality and good for the game?

and drama is just a positive spin on choking. When a player is up 5-0 and suddenly its 5-4, it is "dramatic". I always hear that the drama makes women tennis better. Once again I don't think its very dramatic when players miss routine shots in the middle of long rallies. "Oh which shot will they miss?" Is that the best of WTA drama?

The venomous personalities that the top women have is what make them interesting. Most of the time, they aren't politically correct and it's refreshing to hear their interviews contrary to the ATP ones (minus Roddick and a few others). The drama I am thinking of is when they stir the pot a little bit before and after the match (Hingis vs. Graf) and you're expecting a cat fight afterwards lol. I'm the last person to claim Serena has a classy personality, but her antics sure are more amusing than what I've seen on the men's side since Safin retired.

Chiakifug
05-11-2010, 08:38 PM

Do you follow both tours equally?

Sillyrabbit
05-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Another choke today from one of the WTA players I actually like. Dementieva. Lost the first set, but won the 2nd set. Was a double break up at 4-1 and ended up losing 7-5 :(

r2473
05-11-2010, 09:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwwVbT2as1w&NR=1

out_here_grindin
05-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Do you follow both tours equally?

No I follow the ATP much more closely. The supposed great personalities are not enough to let the inferior quality go by the wayside for me.

Chiakifug
05-11-2010, 10:31 PM
No I follow the ATP much more closely. The supposed great personalities are not enough to let the inferior quality go by the wayside for me.

Well then you dont know their personalities do you? Players like Serena and Safina has ten times the personality of Federer and Nadal, on and off court, and thats just getting started.

interruptus25
05-11-2010, 10:39 PM
kirilenko and ivanovic are the only reasons to watch womens tennis

out_here_grindin
05-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Well then you dont know their personalities do you? Players like Serena and Safina has ten times the personality of Federer and Nadal, on and off court, and thats just getting started.

Is Safina's personality involve crying and slamming a racket on match point at the French Open? I'm sorry I just don't see the personality argument. Plus Serena's personality is not endearing at all to me.

Il Primo Uomo
05-12-2010, 12:57 AM
Serena shits on the whole ATP tour at least twice. She's the GOAT overall. Best serve technique EVER. Best mental fortitude EVER. Funniest player EVER. Don't be mad, Serena is the shit on stick :worship:

recessional
05-12-2010, 01:02 AM
I don't hate the WTA, I'm just indifferent. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. ;) I do like watching some players, but I don't follow the WTA as closely as I follow the ATP.

this, pretty much.

also, i personally dislike how long some women's matches are. it just goes on and on and on - drives me insane when there's a men's match after it that i want to watch.

absolute crap, choking errors, terrible matches, weak as fuck 2nd serves, no drama, grunting, boring!!!

:scratch:

apart from kirilenko,sharapova,hantouchova,golovin,ivanovic,w ozniacki(not even on show courts, apart from wozniaki and her matches are shite) the chicks are ugly e.g stosur,williams sisters, henin, kutznetsova etc

some of the watchable ones are exactly the ones you just called ugly. so it's either pretty girls playing arguably shit tennis, or "ugly" girls playing good tennis. up to you, really.

the women's personalities aren't necessarily better, they're just a lot more different from each other, and there are more top players who aren't afraid to give their honest opinion, which causes more personality clashes.

as for the drama - i guess WTA fans just love the unpredictability. that's what makes women's tennis dramatic and arguably, more enjoyable.

Is Safina's personality involve crying and slamming a racket on match point at the French Open? I'm sorry I just don't see the personality argument. Plus Serena's personality is not endearing at all to me.

dinara safina is utterly adorable.

just saying.

Il Primo Uomo
05-12-2010, 01:04 AM
I don't hate it, in fact I like it. :yeah:

Oh Lord. Don't act all moderate, you don't just like WTA.
You IZ trolling everyday on TF, talking ish about the Williams Sisters and trying to diss them while stanning for irrelevant bitches.
I still don't get why you have yet to be permabanned after all these years of fuckery. Prolly licking the cum off those biased, stupid and lame mods's dick.

Baghdatis#1
05-12-2010, 01:15 AM
:worship:

QLa3PQBnbAs

Baghdatis#1
05-12-2010, 01:17 AM
I like both tours, but 75% WTA and 25% ATP :shrug:
The WTA is more exciting for me. It is very unpredictable these days but the new calendar is to blame. And apart from Martinez Sanchez in Rome, no fluke has won a masters (PM or P5) event. Dulgheru won Warsaw last year (equivalent to ATP 500) but now she is playing very well and she's a clay GOAT :shrug:

I love the drama, personalities, and some players actually are great players :shrug:
And there have been some great matches too :shrug:

Audacity
05-12-2010, 06:55 AM
I actually get pissed off watching womens tennis.

Billups85
05-12-2010, 06:56 AM

Agree. There is drama, though. But who gives a shit if they play crap.

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Serena shits on the whole ATP tour at least twice. She's the GOAT overall. Best serve technique EVER. Best mental fortitude EVER. Funniest player EVER. Don't be mad, Serena is the shit on stick :worship:

Funny??? Funny???, her whiny nasel american accent is not funny, nothing she has ever said has been funny. Her service technique is shit, looks like shes taking a dump. and yes serena is shit

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-12-2010, 10:03 AM
fuck her so called mental fortitude, she plays chokers week in week, put her up against rafa and we will see how mentally tough she really is!!

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-12-2010, 10:06 AM
oh and threatening a line judge is not drama. A 5hour+ high quality semi to reach your first gs hardcourt final bettween best mates (nadal-nando aus open 2009) is what i call drama!!

Acer
05-12-2010, 10:06 AM

I really hope you're not being serious with anything you said here.

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Fuck The Wta!!!!, Put That Shit Down!!!, Ban It, It Sucks!!

Fuego Frío
05-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Funny??? Funny???, her whiny nasel american accent is not funny, nothing she has ever said has been funny. Her service technique is shit, looks like shes taking a dump. and yes serena is shit

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHA How funny !

Her service technique is the best on the WTA and better than most males.

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-12-2010, 11:00 AM
you no why she had her tantrum at the us-open?, because she made a foot fault due to her rubbish servace motion

Hewitt2010
05-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Mate i agree WTA is shit to watch. Also there that soft all they play in 3 sets. The best all time matches come from Grand Slams when to men are battleing for the title in a tight 5th setter that going 20-18 or something like that. But when the Oz open is on and they have got a womens match on im glad that its only best out of 3 cause then the sooner they finish the quicker the good entertaining matches start.

Also Serena has got one of the worst actions in the tennis world. The only reason I'd watch a womens match is if i new the person or they well heaps hot like Ivanovic or Cirstea. So piss of the WTA.

Acer
05-12-2010, 11:13 AM
[/B]

Please. Go back to Tennisforum. Seriously :o

Acer
05-12-2010, 11:14 AM
you no why she had her tantrum at the us-open?, because she made a foot fault due to her rubbish servace motion

That and because she's a violent person.

Audacity
05-12-2010, 11:18 AM
That and because she's a violent person.

Yes. This may be dramatic, but it's violent, not good tennis.

7-VxYvfwVas

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-12-2010, 11:21 AM
wta is a disgrace!!!!!!

Billups85
05-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Neither Serena nor other top players can beat a top-700 male. WTA is not the best tennis you can watch, so why wasting your time watching this rubbish show?. I mean, it's like other sports. I like spanish football too, hence I watch La Liga and the Champions League and i don't give a shit about the 375th division of spanish football or the female league.

Matt01
05-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Oh Lord. Don't act all moderate, you don't just like WTA.
You IZ trolling everyday on TF, talking ish about the Williams Sisters and trying to diss them while stanning for irrelevant bitches.
I still don't get why you have yet to be permabanned after all these years of fuckery. Prolly licking the cum off those biased, stupid and lame mods's dick.

:rolls: I could report this shitty post for board dragging but I'm too nice today. It's really too bad that you are permabanned on TF, we could have had so much more fun together, me owning you and your insultingly lame posts left and right.

Chiakifug
05-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Federers Mate :spit:

FlameOn
05-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Ivanovic VS JJ match just earlier on was between two former #1s, one slam winner, the other finalist. :spit: God help us all.

Still a fan of Ana though. One of the best WTA players, when she's on. :o

HKz
05-12-2010, 04:51 PM
I love the women's tour, because of two girls! VENUS AND SERENA! the tour would be nothing without them!

They are absolute jokes to tennis. I didn't realize you need to yell/screach/grunt to hit a drop shot or volley. Not to mention, they just sit there and ballbash, sooooo boring.

But yeah, I hate the WTA with pretty much all the reasons you listed and more. Back when Henin/Mauresmo/etc were on top, it was actually pretty interesting to watch occasionally, but since then, it has become utter shit. I mean there is like almost no variety among the top female players. Just hit hard, hit hard, hit hard and scream while you do it. No variation in their games, everything is slower since they are obviously not as physically strong as men, etc. ATP is a lot more entertaining to me.

HKz
05-12-2010, 04:53 PM
[/B]

Lmfao, are you a joke? GTFO

The Nothing [†]
05-12-2010, 05:01 PM
I follow the WTA, there's so much drama! It's fun. But the level of play on that tour has decreased without a doubt. Still I think the people at this forum makes the most disrespectful remarks about female players, not nice at all.

Baghdatis#1
05-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Real tennis fans watch both tours ;)

Il Primo Uomo
05-12-2010, 08:59 PM
I really hope you're not being serious with anything you said here.
Maybe I went a lil overboard but I still think that Serena has the best service technique and mental overall.
:rolls: I could report this shitty post for board dragging but I'm too nice today. It's really too bad that you are permabanned on TF, we could have had so much more fun together, me owning you and your insultingly lame posts left and right.

Do you think I feel threatened by you? :spit: You're off and delusional Matthew. And you've NEVER owned me, NEVER EVER. Get real boo, it's high time you realise what time it is.
Still a whiny bitch I see, always reporting. Grow some balls.

Geo
05-12-2010, 09:34 PM
pathetic thread with many pathetic posts here.

I like both ATP and WTA. :shrug: Most of the reasons posters gave here for disliking WTA can be found in ATP too. Just this year alone we've seen guys (both lower ranked and top players) choking, playing badly, getting injured etc...anyway have fun with the sexism in here :retard: :o

FlameOn
05-12-2010, 10:16 PM
They are absolute jokes to tennis. I didn't realize you need to yell/screach/grunt to hit a drop shot or volley. Not to mention, they just sit there and ballbash, sooooo boring.

But yeah, I hate the WTA with pretty much all the reasons you listed and more. Back when Henin/Mauresmo/etc were on top, it was actually pretty interesting to watch occasionally, but since then, it has become utter shit. I mean there is like almost no variety among the top female players. Just hit hard, hit hard, hit hard and scream while you do it. No variation in their games, everything is slower since they are obviously not as physically strong as men, etc. ATP is a lot more entertaining to me.
The WS may sit there and ballbash. :lol: But volleying is huge part of Venus' game and she can perform all kinds of volleys including backhand smashes and stuff. So she can be good to watch in that regard. :p

I'd actually argue that the Williams sisters are much more entertaining to watch than Nadal or Murray.

Ibracadabra
05-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Too much moonballing and unforced errors.

Dmitry Verdasco
05-13-2010, 04:41 AM
WTA peaked in 1997 when Hingis ruled all. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-13-2010, 06:26 AM
The WS may sit there and ballbash. :lol: But volleying is huge part of Venus' game and she can perform all kinds of volleys including backhand smashes and stuff. So she can be good to watch in that regard. :p

I'd actually argue that the Williams sisters are much more entertaining to watch than Nadal or Murray.

which match was better murray-nadal aus-open 09, or williams sisters in wimby final?, nadal-murray of course!!!

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-13-2010, 06:28 AM

no they don't, why on earth would you watch rubbish tennis like that, except for the odd perve?

real fans actually play tennis. You can't even emulated the wta in real tennis, their so shit

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-13-2010, 06:32 AM

apart from a kirilenko-ivanovic match, the wta makes me sick inside

green25814
05-13-2010, 07:40 AM
I don't 'hate' womens tennis persee, but at the same time I do hate it, if that makes any sense.

I hate the fact its given equal television time to mens tennis, and I hate being forced to watch a womens match which seems to never end due to neither player having enough guts to actually win, holding up a mens match. If I didn't have to watch womens tennis, I wouldn't hate it, but unfortunately thats not the case.

Its just inferior in its quality. I can understand watching it in the 90s, because they genuinely had a different style to the men, but today they are carbon copies of the men (while just being totally inferior). That makes watching them completely pointless for me.

How many new female players have distinct playing styles? Mauresmo, Hingis and Henin are the the only ones I can think of from the last ten years.

paseo
05-13-2010, 08:14 AM
[/B]

No.

;9904122']I follow the WTA, there's so much drama! It's fun. But the level of play on that tour has decreased without a doubt. Still I think the people at this forum makes the most disrespectful remarks about female players, not nice at all.

No.

No.

NO.

I don't 'hate' womens tennis persee, but at the same time I do hate it, if that makes any sense.

I hate the fact its given equal television time to mens tennis, and I hate being forced to watch a womens match which seems to never end due to neither player having enough guts to actually win, holding up a mens match. If I didn't have to watch womens tennis, I wouldn't hate it, but unfortunately thats not the case.

Its just inferior in its quality. I can understand watching it in the 90s, because they genuinely had a different style to the men, but today they are carbon copies of the men (while just being totally inferior). That makes watching them completely pointless for me.

How many new female players have distinct playing styles? Mauresmo, Hingis and Henin are the the only ones I can think of from the last ten years.

This.

Matt01
05-13-2010, 10:47 AM
I think most people here who are bashing the WTA and their players have never watched a full WTA match :o

Orysbestos
05-13-2010, 11:18 AM
No.

No.

No.

NO.

This.

What an original thinker you are! I'm very impressed.

Jills
05-13-2010, 12:45 PM
which match was better murray-nadal aus-open 09, or williams sisters in wimby final?, nadal-murray of course!!!

Huh? Nadal and Murray didn't play eachother at the AO in 2009...did I miss something?

laurie-1
05-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Having read some of the replies here - I see the schoolboy replies keep rolling in....

out_here_grindin
05-13-2010, 01:05 PM
I think most people here who are bashing the WTA and their players have never watched a full WTA match :o

I only have WTA on for background noise when I am waiting for a men's match to start. If it's the williams sisters I put it on sail fishing or whatever is on on mornings during grand slams.

The Nothing [†]
05-13-2010, 02:45 PM
apart from a kirilenko-ivanovic match, the wta makes me sick inside

Your comments... wtf? You're not giving reasons on why you hate the WTA, seems like you hate it for the sake of it.

Everko
05-13-2010, 02:52 PM
What an original thinker you are! I'm very impressed.

Nothing more than NO needs to be said.

Baghdatis#1
05-13-2010, 04:37 PM
no they don't, why on earth would you watch rubbish tennis like that, except for the odd perve?

real fans actually play tennis. You can't even emulated the wta in real tennis, their so shit

I enjoy the WTA :shrug:. I also play tennis too so I guess that qualifies myself as a real fan since I like both tours and play. You may be a real ATP fan, but not tennis because a tennis fan means both tours in my opinion :shrug:

Equal TV time :rolls:
For example TTC is showing WTA this week from Friday to Sunday and ATP from Monday to Sunday :rolls:. Wimbledon is also very sexist when it comes to the order of play :shrug:

;9906928']Your comments... wtf? You're not giving reasons on why you hate the WTA, seems like you hate it for the sake of it.

This :)

Everko
05-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Do you have to follow women's football to be a true football fan?

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-13-2010, 08:00 PM
;9906928']Your comments... wtf? You're not giving reasons on why you hate the WTA, seems like you hate it for the sake of it.

read the very 1st post of mine in this thread, and you will see my reasons

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Huh? Nadal and Murray didn't play eachother at the AO in 2009...did I miss something?

don't be an smartass, you know i meant 2010 :rolleyes:

Orysbestos
05-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Nothing more than NO needs to be said.

Clearly the last thing an analytical and intellectual mind such as yours would want is reasons behind an opinion.

Orka_n
05-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Clearly the last thing an analytical and intellectual mind such as yours would want is reasons behind an opinion.Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I'm with Everko on this one. WTA is not fun, and you do not have to watch it to be a true tennis fan.

Tutu
05-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Serena's service technique is pretty much the best around - male or female. Anyone who says otherwise simply knows nothing about tennis. It's not even a question of whether it "looks like she's on the toilet" or whatever.

QLa3PQBnbAs

My video! I thought it got deleted. :lol:

Jills
05-13-2010, 09:26 PM
don't be an smartass, you know i meant 2010 :rolleyes:

If you're going to be a dumbass, I can be a smartass.

SRM
05-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Both the ATP and the WTA have their strong points and their shortcomings but I follow both very closely and I cannot envisage myself only following the ATP or the WTA exclusively.

I don't understand why so many people hate the WTA due to grunting, when it's rife on the ATP as well. :shrug:

out_here_grindin
05-13-2010, 09:44 PM

that's a decent question. I don't see why you have to support WTA to be a true tennis fan, when the same is nowhere near being true of any other sport.

-Valhalla-
05-14-2010, 04:06 AM

:haha: :haha:

I used to love watching Chrissie and Martina go at it along with Mandlikova, Sabatini, Graf, Arantxa, and Pierce. I lost interest around 1997 with Hingis and Davenport and then quit watching altogether with the ascendance of Shriekapova and the rest of the wailers. Their blood-curdling screams are simply unbearable and it’s a shame the WTA has done nothing about it :(

FlameOn
05-14-2010, 04:44 AM
:haha: :haha:

I used to love watching Chrissie and Martina go at it along with Mandlikova, Sabatini, Graf, Arantxa, and Pierce. I lost interest around 1997 with Hingis and Davenport and then quit watching altogether with the ascendance of Shriekapova and the rest of the wailers. Their blood-curdling screams are simply unbearable and it’s a shame the WTA has done nothing about it :(
Hey, Davenport was cool. One of the few women with proper technique off both wings.

Anyway, speaking of Hingis, it looks like she may be making another comeback (just to add to all the other comebacks :lol:), and also playing doubles with none other than Davenport. :p

HKz
05-14-2010, 10:47 PM

Drive volleys are not real volleys.

That second bolded comment is an utter joke.

FlameOn
05-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Drive volleys are not real volleys.

That second bolded comment is an utter joke.
Venus doesn't just do drive volleys.

Il Primo Uomo
05-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Watching Venus Williams playing in Wimbledon is the greatest feeling ever. It's just sensational how superb she is on grass. And the more she ages the better she is. She's gonna slay the field this year. Only her GOAT sister can beat her if Venus doesn't bring her A game.

-Valhalla-
05-15-2010, 03:09 AM
Watching Venus Williams playing in Wimbledon is the greatest feeling ever.

Better than getting laid? :confused:

e476
05-15-2010, 06:57 AM
I loved the semi-final match at last year's Wimbledon between Serena and Elena Dementieva. The final between the Williams sisters, though, was absolutely horrendous. I personally never want to see another Williams sister final...ever again. In general, the men are just more interesting and the quality is higher. I just find myself not really paying attention to the ladies anymore.

FlameOn
05-15-2010, 07:07 AM
I loved the semi-final match at last year's Wimbledon between Serena and Elena Dementieva. The final between the Williams sisters, though, was absolutely horrendous. I personally never want to see another Williams sister final...ever again. In general, the men are just more interesting and the quality is higher. I just find myself not really paying attention to the ladies anymore.
Thanks for bringing up that match! It was really good I agree.

Another classic Wimbledon match - 2005 final, Venus VS Lindsay. Great stuff. :drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAx3L1V46LY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqbt-NulV9k&feature=related

theMEESH
05-15-2010, 11:10 AM
As tennis playing female, sometimes I do feel kinda embarassed that I really don't have any interest when it's on... and often times mad that it is on. It could quite possibly be due to the fact that it means that the ATP gets less television time (and being in the United States makes that even WORSE... can't even watch on bet365)

But when it comes to watching tennis and playing tennis, I do look at them as two different aspects of my life. When I'm playing tennis, I love the feel of being on the court... the excitement of an ace.... the exhilaration of hitting a winner... and the hilarity of playing doubles with besties.

But when I'm watching ATP tennis, I guess it would be the equivalent of some of the guys here watching Kirilenko play tennis... although I get the enjoyment of watching my tennis player take of their shirt. :p

There hasn't really been anyone I've followed religiously in WTA, although if I chance upon a Venus match, I will watch. I like her LOADS better than Serena... i like how she looks when she wins... it's so innocent. :lol: and that RBK dress that she had at Wimby was GORGEOUS! :rolls:

That and there is just way more excitement going on in the ATP.

Il Primo Uomo
05-15-2010, 01:14 PM
As tennis playing female, sometimes I do feel kinda embarassed that I really don't have any interest when it's on... and often times mad that it is on. It could quite possibly be due to the fact that it means that the ATP gets less television time (and being in the United States makes that even WORSE... can't even watch on bet365)

But when it comes to watching tennis and playing tennis, I do look at them as two different aspects of my life. When I'm playing tennis, I love the feel of being on the court... the excitement of an ace.... the exhilaration of hitting a winner... and the hilarity of playing doubles with besties.

But when I'm watching ATP tennis, I guess it would be the equivalent of some of the guys here watching Kirilenko play tennis... although I get the enjoyment of watching my tennis player take of their shirt. :p

There hasn't really been anyone I've followed religiously in WTA, although if I chance upon a Venus match, I will watch. I like her LOADS better than Serena... i like how she looks when she wins... it's so innocent. :lol: and that RBK dress that she had at Wimby was GORGEOUS! :rolls:

That and there is just way more excitement going on in the ATP.

To me, there's a list of players you must see playing in each grand slam so you can apprciate tennis:
OZ: SERENA, Sharapova
RG: HENIN, KUZNETSOVA, IVANOVIC, Jankovic, Safina, Serena
Wimbledon: VENUS PERIOD....Serena, Sharapova
USO: VENUS, SHARAPOVA, SERENA, Clijsters, Henin, Kuznetsova? Jankovic

The different surfaces fit them well. My favorite being Venus Williams in Wimbledon. It really doesn't get any better than this (hence her 5titles in 8 finals since 2000!!).

I hardly wtach matches that don't envolve these players. The other players are just mediocre.

theMEESH
05-15-2010, 01:26 PM
I *love* Venus at Wimby! She'll probably be my fave WTA player for life.... *prepares for all the backlash* I grew up watching her :ras:

Polikarpov
05-15-2010, 03:35 PM
I actually loved women's tennis back when Hingis was at her peak. To me, she's the only player with a game worth watching in the women's tour. I lost interest when all these boring Russians, and ballbashers came into the scene.

To be fair, men's tennis during 2000 to 2002/transition period was boring as fuck. I mean Magnus Norman was once World No. 2.

FlameOn
05-15-2010, 08:59 PM
To me, there's a list of players you must see playing in each grand slam so you can apprciate tennis:
OZ: SERENA, Sharapova
RG: HENIN, KUZNETSOVA, IVANOVIC, Jankovic, Safina, Serena
Wimbledon: VENUS PERIOD....Serena, Sharapova
USO: VENUS, SHARAPOVA, SERENA, Clijsters, Henin, Kuznetsova? Jankovic

The different surfaces fit them well. My favorite being Venus Williams in Wimbledon. It really doesn't get any better than this (hence her 5titles in 8 finals since 2000!!).

I hardly wtach matches that don't envolve these players. The other players are just mediocre.
lol I don't think you'll convert any fans by making them watch Kuznetsova. She shows up for maybe one or two events a year and then plays like a Challenger player for the rest of the year. :lol:

I agree with the others though.

I actually loved women's tennis back when Hingis was at her peak. To me, she's the only player with a game worth watching in the women's tour. I lost interest when all these boring Russians, and ballbashers came into the scene.

To be fair, men's tennis during 2000 to 2002/transition period was boring as fuck. I mean Magnus Norman was once World No. 2.

What about Justine? She's another player that ATP lovers can generally appreciate. :p

Chiakifug
05-15-2010, 10:22 PM
lol I don't think you'll convert any fans by making them watch Kuznetsova. She shows up for maybe one or two events a year and then plays like a Challenger player for the rest of the year. :lol:

I agree with the others though.

What about Justine? She's another player that ATP lovers can generally appreciate. :p

Even Ivanovic? :tape:

Il Primo Uomo
05-15-2010, 10:27 PM

cDLakoAGa18

I myself hate that bitch, she's whack BUT IN RG. She's actually wonderful on clay to me. Amazing skills. Even her movement is pure class on clay.

FlameOn
05-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Even in her slump last year she pulled in a respectable 4R showing. :p

Baghdatis#1
05-16-2010, 12:00 AM

It's a lot different because women's tennis is much more popular than women's football :shrug:

dave.
05-16-2010, 12:32 AM
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. :hearts:

There are differences between the ATP and WTA, both have their good and bad sides. In general, for most of the time, I've almost always preferred the WTA. It is probably in some of it's worst times right now though there's still so much in it, and in fact I haven't been this excited for RG in a few years. I don't think there's a doubt the level of tennis on the ATP has been higher for the past few years though. My interest in the ATP has definitely increased again. I've always had my faves but I'm finally actually enjoying just following the tour after years of Federer:yawn: on his own.

But 1990's- early 2000's WTA shits all over the ATP of that period. Davenport, Hingis, Venus, Serena, Graf, Seles, Pierce, Capriati, Clijsters, Henin, the list goes on and on. And, I actually loved the ATP in the early-2000's too.

How do you think people in the reverse position feel? Waiting 4+ hrs for some 5 setter to finish. That's another big thing I hate about the ATP. 5 set matches have got. to. go. Plus the fact that most broadcasters seriously favour men's matches over women's.

dave.
05-16-2010, 12:37 AM

No. But if you were a true football fan you wouldn't be unable to enjoy a game of women's football. That's the thing, people here referring to women's tennis as shit/useless/only good for perving, it's really hard to take them seriously as tennis fans (or at all :tape:).

Persimmon
05-16-2010, 03:58 AM
Completely indifferent.

Roamed
05-16-2010, 08:27 AM
How do you think people in the reverse position feel? Waiting 4+ hrs for some 5 setter to finish. That's another big thing I hate about the ATP. 5 set matches have got. to. go. Plus the fact that most broadcasters seriously favour men's matches over women's.

:eek: 5 set matches have got to go? I would honestly give up watching the ATP if that happened. It would kill the suspense. 5 set matches are much better tests of stamina and endurance and more likely to see changes in momentum. I love them.

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 09:54 AM
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. :hearts:

what are you smoking mate??, no 5 setters???, well your at it, lets make the the wta matches first to nine. Less choking,less errors and less 5 mph second serves!!. About the broadcasting, thats bullshit. This year they showed kim winning 6-0 6-3 instead of an exicting 5 setter between steps and ivo, both those guys each have something that wta players don't, a good volley or a big serve!!, wta always get shown ahead of atp in grandslams. i'm sick of carillo commentating on wta at the us-open aswel, just gives me another reason not to watch that crap.

FlameOn
05-16-2010, 10:33 AM
This rally would make Federer jealous. :angel:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GascfefgPYI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GascfefgPYI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Quakes
05-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Men's junior tour has better quality overall than women's tour. Since very few people watch men's juniors, the vast majority of people who enjoy watching the women's games must be enjoying something other than tennis.

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 10:52 AM
agreed with quakes, wta is rubbish, end of discussion

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 11:13 AM
This rally would make Federer jealous. :angel:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GascfefgPYI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GascfefgPYI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

go to this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akFbES6O9oE&feature=related

a rally the wta players dream of when they sleep.

or this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Yy4tmPuYU

do you get this in the wta ?

can the amazing henin or the ''athletic'' serena do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJuEzJEQ9N4

No THEY BLOODY WELL CAN'T !!!!!!

FlameOn
05-16-2010, 11:19 AM
go to this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akFbES6O9oE&feature=related

a rally the wta players dream of when they sleep.

or this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Yy4tmPuYU

do you get this in the wta ?

can the amazing henin or the ''athletic'' serena do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJuEzJEQ9N4

No THEY BLOODY WELL CAN'T !!!!!!
lol those vids are amazing! :worship: The Monfils one was kind of stupid though...no wonder he gets injured all the time.

Anyway check this rally, this is pretty good.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VMlvrK-tZtY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VMlvrK-tZtY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

An this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bktg4zioVQE

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 11:27 AM
lol those vids are amazing! :worship: The Monfils one was kind of stupid though...no wonder he gets injured all the time.

Anyway check this rally, this is pretty good.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VMlvrK-tZtY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VMlvrK-tZtY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

fuck me i knew i shouldn't have watched that. looks as though the guy/girl who posted this, edited this in slow motion, o wait its actually how they play. no angle,grunting, no footwork and no freaking crowd or atmosphere. mary jo's voice pisses me off aswel, if lindsay commentated or even flipping sue barker i might actually watch 10 seconds of it

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 11:28 AM
lol @ the commentator wanting to watch atp instead.

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 11:30 AM
radwanska can't slice for shit, an 80 year old grandpa would be better

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 11:32 AM
why do they look so lethargic all the damn time and anything which has demientievas sorry thing for a serve in it, cannot be called good

FlameOn
05-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Hey don't get me wrong I prefer ATP by far. :p

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Hey don't get me wrong I prefer ATP by far. :p

hell yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, thats what i like to hear. i feel bad for the wta fans and their huge inferiority complex towards the atp. The atp is just better than the wta in every aspect. its okay i understand how hard it is to keep sane liking that garbage, i feel for you guys, just please, the wta should be taking to a sewage pipe and dumped in shit :shrug:

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 12:01 PM
except for ivanovic,sharapova,kirilenko,halep,cristea,hantouc hova that is:D

jmf07
05-16-2010, 12:04 PM
It must get frustrating for a WTA supporter having to watch a long 5 set mens match but at least you get to watch high quality tennis unlike the stuff we have to go through when you see a match between two players who can barely hit the ball in they are choking that badly and one of them had the match practically won a set ago and the other had it won a couple of games ago.

FlameOn
05-16-2010, 12:13 PM
It must get frustrating for a WTA supporter having to watch a long 5 set mens match but at least you get to watch high quality tennis unlike the stuff we have to go through when you see a match between two players who can barely hit the ball in they are choking that badly and one of them had the match practically won a set ago and the other had it won a couple of games ago.
5 set men's matches. :drool: I must admit, even the best WTA match ever played wouldn't touch the '08 Wimbly final or '09 AO semi, to name a few. :D

Can you believe that Wozniacki is #3 in the world right now? And was only #2 last week. And look at the way she plays. :spit: I've never seen a top player with such horrible stroke technique in my life.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMdjk6qUCSg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMdjk6qUCSg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>"]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMdjk6qUCSg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMdjk6qUCSg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 12:19 PM
5 set men's matches. :drool: I must admit, even the best WTA match ever played wouldn't touch the '08 Wimbly final or '09 AO semi, to name a few. :D

Can you believe that Wozniacki is #3 in the world right now? And was only #2 last week. And look at the way she plays. :spit: I've never seen a top player with such horrible stroke technique in my life.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMdjk6qUCSg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMdjk6qUCSg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>"]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMdjk6qUCSg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMdjk6qUCSg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i agree wozniacki is a joke, why is she playing tennis anway??, even worse is bartoli and her ''different'' strokes,i laugh when watching her play, its horrifying. How the heck did she make a wimby final,some tour the wta is :o

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42475000/gif/_42475936_bartoli_ap.gif

WTA AT ITS BEST :worship:

dave.
05-16-2010, 12:19 PM
:eek: 5 set matches have got to go? I would honestly give up watching the ATP if that happened. It would kill the suspense. 5 set matches are much better tests of stamina and endurance and more likely to see changes in momentum. I love them.

I take it you've already given up watching most of the ATP as it's 3 sets everywhere outside of the Slams.

hell yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, thats what i like to hear. i feel bad for the wta fans and their huge inferiority complex towards the atp. The atp is just better than the wta in every aspect. its okay i understand how hard it is to keep sane liking that garbage, i feel for you guys, just please, the wta should be taking to a sewage pipe and dumped in shit :shrug:

It would seem you are the one with the inferiority complex because you have to repeat the bolded part over and over again. Why are you so threatened, the WTA is shit, no?

Don't get me wrong. I love a good 5 set classic. The last couple of Wimbledon finals, last year's AO final, excellent stuff. What I can't stand is when the outcome of a match is never in doubt, but it still takes three sets (and usually over two hours) to finish.

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Don't get me wrong. I love a good 5 set classic. The last couple of Wimbledon finals, last year's AO final, excellent stuff. What I can't stand is when the outcome of a match is never in doubt, but it still takes three sets (and usually over two hours) to finish.

haha like every wta match, does a wta player ever get over a 50% 1st serve average :rolleyes:

dave.
05-16-2010, 12:22 PM
i agree wozniacki is a joke, why is she playing tennis anway??, even worse is bartoli and her ''different'' strokes,i laugh when watching her play, its horrifying. How the heck did she make a wimby final,some tour the wta is :o

Don't hate Marion, she's Federer's no.1 fan. :p

There have been ATP players with 2 hands on both sides too you know.

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 12:24 PM
atleast santoro had a bit off class, guy was a legend, played until 36 i think, same can't say the said about bartoli

Action Jackson
05-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Too many reasons to state, the thing that bothers me most about the WTA is that they have the nerve and the cheek to have got equal prizemoney at Slams when they don't bring as much revenue as the guys, yet the men are subsidising them. It's pro sport and not communism, it's not hard to see which tour brings in the biggest crowds and revenue on a global scale.

Venus Williams and Mirza at the AO that shit should have been moved to another court.

As for the womens football argument that is rubbish as well. Are they good and talented at what they do, yes they are and they deserve respect for making it in their chosen field. They aren't as good as the men pure and simple, the crowds, advertising and broadcasting revenue reflect this, therefore they don't earn as much and this is not sexism.

Bigger, faster, stronger and tennis being played at a higher overall level on the ATP, it's not that hard to understand.

dave.
05-16-2010, 12:29 PM
haha like every wta match, does a wta player ever get over a 50% 1st serve average :rolleyes:

You missed the point. It doesn't take nearly as long for a routine 3 set match to finish than it does a routine 5 set match.

atleast santoro had a bit off class, guy was a legend, played until 36 i think, same can't say the said about bartoli

Well it certainly can be said of Seles. :bowdown:

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Too many reasons to state, the thing that bothers me most about the WTA is that they have the nerve and the cheek to have got equal prizemoney at Slams when they don't bring as much revenue as the guys, yet the men are subsidising them. It's pro sport and not communism, it's not hard to see which tour brings in the biggest crowds and revenue on a global scale.

Venus Williams and Mirza at the AO that shit should have been moved to another court.

As for the womens football argument that is rubbish as well. Are they good and talented at what they do, yes they are and they deserve respect for making it in their chosen field. They aren't as good as the men pure and simple, the crowds, advertising and broadcasting revenue reflect this, therefore they don't earn as much and this is not sexism.

Bigger, faster, stronger and tennis being played at a higher overall level on the ATP, it's not that hard to understand.

exactly, i'm not saying men are better than women, that is a feeble arguement used by wta lovers. i'm saying wta is played at an extremely low-level and they should not gain the same credit as the men!!!

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 12:31 PM
You missed the point. It doesn't take nearly as long for a routine 3 set match to finish than it does a routine 5 set match.

Well it certainly can be said of Seles. :bowdown:

that was ages ago, stop living in the past

bartoli=present

dave.
05-16-2010, 12:35 PM

Where is the evidence of this?

It's bigger, faster and stronger because, men are bigger, faster, stronger. Doesn't necessarily translate into better, or more importantly, more entertaining.

The whole idea of the men getting paid more is so ridiculous to me. I still can't believe it took so long for the women to get paid equally.

rocketassist
05-16-2010, 12:39 PM

It's bigger, faster and stronger because, men are bigger, faster, stronger. Doesn't necessarily translate into better, or more importantly, more entertaining.

The whole idea of the men getting paid more is so ridiculous to me. I still can't believe it took so long for the women to get paid equally.

Are you straight?

acionescu
05-16-2010, 12:39 PM
While hate is too strong of a word, I feel rather embarrassment by my co-gender tennis players game. They can't serve, can't hold after a break, most matches are in the "who chokes the least wins" category and the ones that have some game are mentally midgets. No farther than last week in Rome the match between Serena and Jankovic(two Number 1s, btw :o) was a error fest that could have fit very well as a Tales from teh Crypt episode so horrific it was :o
WTA wasn't like that always. I don't know what happened, but these days it seems more important the on-court outfit and the Tiffany earrings than the actual game :tape:

dave.
05-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Are you straight?

What's that got to do with anything? :scratch:

Matt01
05-16-2010, 12:43 PM
exactly, i'm not saying men are better than women, that is a feeble arguement used by wta lovers. i'm saying wta is played at an extremely low-level and they should not gain the same credit as the men!!!

:retard:

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 12:44 PM
While hate is too strong of a word, I feel rather embarrassment by my co-gender tennis players game. They can't serve, can't hold after a break, most matches are in the "who chokes the least wins" category and the ones that have some game are mentally midgets. No farther than last week in Rome the match between Serena and Jankovic(two Number 1s, btw :o) was a error fest that could have fit very well as a Tales from teh Crypt episode so horrific it was :o
WTA wasn't like that always. I don't know what happened, but these days it seems more important the on-court outfit and the Tiffany earrings than the actual game :tape:

Are you straight?

GET THE F**K IN!!!!!!!!!

why do people think venus is so good to watch. Shes like a worse version of igor andreev without the heavy topspin

watch li vs williams ausopen 2010, worst match of the year so far in all tennis!!!!!!

Action Jackson
05-16-2010, 12:46 PM

Which tour generates more money the ATP that is obvious, if this was not the case then the WTA events would have higher rights for TV deals, their tournaments would have a greater prizemoney pool than the men, revenue from ticketing and advertising would be greater therefore generating to a larger income base than the ATP.

If you can't see that, then you are practicing selective eyesight.

So are you a communist? They absolutely have no economic reason to stand on to demand equal prizemoney. Women golfers, basketball, volleyballers and footballers don't get it and don't deserve to have it either, it's not because they are shit at what they do.

Can't judge entertainment value, but if that was the case and the women actually generated more cash than the guys then they would deserve more than the men.

rocketassist
05-16-2010, 12:46 PM
What's that got to do with anything? :scratch:

Because everyone who supports equal prize money seems to be gay. :scratch:

rocketassist
05-16-2010, 12:47 PM
The WWE Divas are more entertaining than WTA tennis players.

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 12:49 PM
wheres the entertainment in the wta?

how is watching sweaty butch chicks trying to play tennis whilst choking and crapping all over the sport in general entertaining :confused:

Johnny Groove
05-16-2010, 12:51 PM
If women want the same money, they should have to play against the men. Laughable, I know, but so is the concept of equal money for non-equal work.

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-16-2010, 12:55 PM
imagine rafa vs serena, haha shed be scared senseless. Federer would crush henin too, love to see him drill forehands to her little backhand and then finish up with a bh winner, would teach her how to hit a real bh

Action Jackson
05-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Best thing the WTA have done is shorten their season.

Audacity
05-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Best thing the WTA have done is shorten their season.

madmax
05-16-2010, 01:00 PM
If women want the same money, they should have to play against the men. Laughable, I know, but so is the concept of equal money for non-equal work.

yup...if women want the same pay and recognition, they should be able to outperform guys head to head. I think any sane person knows that is impossible task for them, so they should be paid accordingly to their capabilities

rocketassist
05-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Those saying WTA should get equal pay probably also think Somdev DevVarman should get the same appearance fee as Federer or Nadal.

Audacity
05-16-2010, 01:03 PM

Not to mention they only play best of 3 set slam matches.

Roamed
05-16-2010, 01:07 PM
I take it you've already given up watching most of the ATP as it's 3 sets everywhere outside of the Slams.

That's not what I meant. Of course I watch the rest of the tour. But this is how I see it: what was more impressive, and what would you rather see - Ivanisevic battling his way to win Wimbledon in 2001, or Ljubicic winning Indian Wells earlier this year? I don't see how anyone can disagree that there's only one answer, awesome though Ljubicic's victory undoubtedly was.

cobalt60
05-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Hmmm I don't hate the WTA; just find the men's game more exciting for the most part.

Everko
05-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Those saying WTA should get equal pay probably also think Somdev DevVarman should get the same appearance fee as Federer or Nadal.

Why not? He's doing the best he can

Chiakifug
05-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Federers Mate seems a little too much obsessed.

recessional
05-16-2010, 03:03 PM
fuck me i knew i shouldn't have watched that. looks as though the guy/girl who posted this, edited this in slow motion, o wait its actually how they play. no angle,grunting, no footwork and no freaking crowd or atmosphere. mary jo's voice pisses me off aswel, if lindsay commentated or even flipping sue barker i might actually watch 10 seconds of it

lol @ the commentator wanting to watch atp instead.

radwanska can't slice for shit, an 80 year old grandpa would be better

why do they look so lethargic all the damn time and anything which has demientievas sorry thing for a serve in it, cannot be called good

except for ivanovic,sharapova,kirilenko,halep,cristea,hantouc hova that is:D

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42475000/gif/_42475936_bartoli_ap.gif

WTA AT ITS BEST :worship:

jfc. :retard:

Dmitry Verdasco
05-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Hingis is coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111 WTA is saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111

Dmitry Verdasco
05-16-2010, 03:24 PM
My favourite WTA players are/were Hingis, Kournikova, Rubin, Dokic, Myskina, Seles, Golovin, Hantuchova, Kirilenko, Dementieva and Schnyder. I've never warmed to Henin, Mauresmo, Sharapova or Serena (:spit:) but of the elite players I like Venus and Clijsters most. Well, I hate them the least. I don't like Azarenka, Wozniacki or Radwanska either.

I also respect work ethic, so I like to see Stosur and Dementieva do particularly well, and Bartoi, Kleybanova, Serena and Kanepi do really, really bad.

Serena losses give me pleasure unmeasureable. :drool:

I think the worst thing to happen to the WTA is the new roadmap :retard: and the decline of doubles. The roadmap has killed any opportunity for rivalry to develop. Players are tanking everywhere. Serena, the #1, hasn't won a WTA event since 2008. WTF IS THAT!!!!11 These girls rarely try their hardest IMO. That's why I like to see players like Stosur and Dementieva who, although not blessed in the way Serena/Venus/Henin were regarding raw tennis talent, still maximise what they've got and give themselves the best chance for success.

Baghdatis#1
05-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Federer's Mate really needs a life :spit:
Some people enjoy the WTA. I enjoy it and you don't, so get over it :shrug:

dave.
05-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Which tour generates more money the ATP that is obvious, if this was not the case then the WTA events would have higher rights for TV deals, their tournaments would have a greater prizemoney pool than the men, revenue from ticketing and advertising would be greater therefore generating to a larger income base than the ATP.

If you can't see that, then you are practicing selective eyesight.

So are you a communist? They absolutely have no economic reason to stand on to demand equal prizemoney. Women golfers, basketball, volleyballers and footballers don't get it and don't deserve to have it either, it's not because they are shit at what they do.

Can't judge entertainment value, but if that was the case and the women actually generated more cash than the guys then they would deserve more than the men.

The women contribute as much to the grand slams as the men do. When people buy a ticket for Wimbledon, it's not a gender specific ticket they are buying, it's for all the matches available. It would be impossible to tell how many people are going to Wimbledon and only intending to watch one gender. Point is, women are as much as the package as men are, which is what tickets to combined tournaments include.

Anyway, there have been times when the women undoubtedly were bringing in more crowds than the men (apparently more people watched the Williams sisters play doubles than a men's singles QF at the US Open one year). And that's back when they were getting paid less. It's common sense and fair that there is equal pay. Any other scenario just seems so backwards and outdated.

Because everyone who supports equal prize money seems to be gay. :scratch:

hmm, I don't see the connection. In fact it's absurd. Any of the (male?) heterosexual opposers of equal pay for women want to weigh in here or admit to something?

How is it non-equal work?

Dmitry Verdasco
05-16-2010, 07:06 PM
I think equal pay is an interesting argument. Right now, there's no way the women can draw the crowds that the men do. But the WTA just ended a golden age (1997-2002) and are now in Shitsville. Back then, the WTA drew bigger crowds then the men. Now ATP is in it's golden age. Federer and Nadal, 2 of the greatest ever. Meeting often enough to call it one of the great rivalries and then you have the supportive cast of Murray, Djokovic, Davydenko, Roddick and Del Potro as well as entertaining players capable of the occasional upset (Tsonga, Baghdatis, Berdych, Gulbis). ATP is truly in it's golden age right now.

But then I think, 'Are there more girls buying Sharapova's tennis apparel, or boys buying Federers' apparel' ? Women buy more, and the women as a brand can market themselves much better.

I'm okay with equal pay, as long as each gender is bringing in an equal amount of money for the game.

P.S. I support 5 set matches in the grand slams for women. Maybe that way half the tour wouldn't be so god damn unfit.

Dmitry Verdasco
05-16-2010, 07:08 PM
How is it non-equal work?

You can't believe the women put in as much work as most of the men. Seriously.

The Magician
05-16-2010, 09:41 PM
WTA is a reality show like project runway, or "sports entertainment" like WWE. If you like catfights and screaming more power to you but don't call it tennis, and definitely don't think these drama queens deserve the same money as true athletes on the ATP.

Dmitry Verdasco
05-16-2010, 10:03 PM
You don't think Hingis played tennis?

The Magician
05-16-2010, 10:52 PM

She played Junior level tennis, so technically she did I guess but why would you want to watch an ugly coked up junior in the finals of a GS? I assume people like the WTA for the drama cause it damn sure isn't the tennis.

dave.
05-16-2010, 11:22 PM
You can't believe the women put in as much work as most of the men. Seriously.

Of course they do.

You say most of the men. So what about the men who don't put in the work? Do they deserve to get paid more than the women who do?

Hingis now there's someone who should have worked harder.

bjurra
05-16-2010, 11:39 PM
40% hate the WTA because of choking and headcases? I think thats one of the most entertaining things about the WTA!

The main reason for disliking the WTA is simple: At joint events, the stands are often full at interesting mens matches because the grand stand is occupied by two WTA mugs nobody cares about. Happens too often.

bjurra
05-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Of course they do.

You say most of the men. So what about the men who don't put in the work? Do they deserve to get paid more than the women who do?

Certainly the average no of hours on court (match and practice) is higher on average for men than women. Many of the women dont even look fit! Pavlyuchenkova is 29 in the world and looks more like a weight watchers prospect than a tennis pro.

Having said that, I think popularity should decide prize money, not effort.

Action Jackson
05-16-2010, 11:45 PM
The women contribute as much to the grand slams as the men do. When people buy a ticket for Wimbledon, it's not a gender specific ticket they are buying, it's for all the matches available. It would be impossible to tell how many people are going to Wimbledon and only intending to watch one gender. Point is, women are as much as the package as men are, which is what tickets to combined tournaments include.

Anyway, there have been times when the women undoubtedly were bringing in more crowds than the men (apparently more people watched the Williams sisters play doubles than a men's singles QF at the US Open one year). And that's back when they were getting paid less. It's common sense and fair that there is equal pay. Any other scenario just seems so backwards and outdated.

You're a WTA apologist of the highest order. It's simple when the Rolling Stones go on tour, they have support act who are very successful in their own right. Do you seriously think that the support act no matter how good they are, will get paid the same cash as the Stones (headline act). They are still on the price of the ticket, they still go out there and perform their stuff, but they don't get same cash as the headline act at all.

See you are using the US as an example, when globally it's not the case. RG used to have womens QF day and no mens matches, guess what it stunk the place out and they lost cash, so now they play 2 mens QF to cover the lack of appreciation. Rome when they play womens event hardly any crowds, but they turn up for the ATP.

No, it's bullshit that they deserve the cash and it's an emotional wah wah wah sexist argument, when they don't have an economic leg to stand on.

Action Jackson
05-16-2010, 11:47 PM
40% hate the WTA because of choking and headcases? I think thats one of the most entertaining things about the WTA!

The main reason for disliking the WTA is simple: At joint events, the stands are often full at interesting mens matches because the grand stand is occupied by two WTA mugs nobody cares about. Happens too often.

Well said.

bjurra
05-16-2010, 11:57 PM
But then I think, 'Are there more girls buying Sharapova's tennis apparel, or boys buying Federers' apparel' ? Women buy more, and the women as a brand can market themselves much better.

I'm okay with equal pay, as long as each gender is bringing in an equal amount of money for the game.

1. Thats the secret of the relative success of womens tennis, there are no other womens sports that are equally attractive to sponsors. Mens tennis competes with many other sports for the cash.

2. I agree.

Action Jackson
05-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Anyone with a clue would agree to equal prizemoney if the women actually contributed the same amount of revenue as the men and they would deserve more, if they bought in more than the guys.

Sunset of Age
05-17-2010, 01:21 AM

How about ladies buying MENS' apparel (in boys' sizes, yep)?
I know at least one who does. I prefer Rafa's over Federer's though. ;)

P.S. I support 5 set matches in the grand slams for women. Maybe that way half the tour wouldn't be so god damn unfit.

Please :help: no. So I have to stay up during USO/AO even longer than I already do, waiting for those women's matches to finally come to end when waiting for a mens' match? :help:

;) - I can see your point, though.

FlameOn
05-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Nice to see some actual discussion instead of "WTA sucks it's shit the men rule". :angel:

Smoke944
05-17-2010, 03:31 AM
Aravane Rezai won 620,000 euros this week. Nadal won 585,000. Think about the almost non-existent crowds at all the WTA matches and the overflowing crowds at many of the ATP matches. Even disregarding many other relevant factors, this just speaks for itself. It's beyond ridiculous, really.

Priam
05-17-2010, 06:54 AM
They can have their equal pay so long as they play best of 5 at GS tourneys. More painful for the viewer but it's only fair.

~*BGT*~
05-17-2010, 06:55 AM
There's no men to lust after.

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-17-2010, 08:50 AM
They can have their equal pay so long as they play best of 5 at GS tourneys. More painful for the viewer but it's only fair.

no they shouldn't, they still don't exert themselves as much as the men. They can earn the same pay as the atp players by possibly working as trainers and ball service on the court while the men are playing or by playing doubles. that is the only way they should ever earn earn the same pay as men. Serena-henin was overated, name one decent slam final in the last 2 years....thats right there isn't one. Maybe safina losing 6-0 6-1 in consecutive finals, wta lovers seem to think thats drama :o

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Federer's Mate really needs a life :spit:
Some people enjoy the WTA. I enjoy it and you don't, so get over it :shrug:

me a get a life?, what a joke, you have an average of 8.38 posts per day :spit:, you have no idea what i do in real life :rolleyes:.

Instead of firing juvenile insults why don't you stick to the topic ''why do you hate the wta''

I don't give two shits whether you like the wta or not, im keeping to the thread..if you don't like it GTFO.

btw anyone catch oudins run in flushing meadows last year, such excitement!!!!!...NOT. Those matches were terrible quality made want to puke i was so disgusted, anybody thinking wta has drama is deludeddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-17-2010, 08:57 AM
How about ladies buying MENS' apparel (in boys' sizes, yep)?
I know at least one who does. I prefer Rafa's over Federer's though. ;)

Please :help: no. So I have to stay up during USO/AO even longer than I already do, waiting for those women's matches to finally come to end when waiting for a mens' match? :help:

;) - I can see your point, though.

shift the wta over to new haven, that is if they can even fill up the seats there :o

Matt01
05-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Aravane Rezai won 620,000 euros this week. Nadal won 585,000. Think about the almost non-existent crowds at all the WTA matches and the overflowing crowds at many of the ATP matches. Even disregarding many other relevant factors, this just speaks for itself. It's beyond ridiculous, really.

1. The ATP and WTA are separate organisations. If the WTA can afford to pay their Madrid winner more than the ATP can pay their Madrid winner then maybe women's tennis / WTA must have some qualities, too, no? :angel:

2. Re: Non-existing crowds at WTA matches:
You have to keep in the mind the unfair scheduling here. Most big men's matches were schedules on the big courts at acceptable times while the women often had to play early.

And I agree that Federer's Mate needs to get a life and a clue. :wavey:

Sillyrabbit
05-17-2010, 03:45 PM

Nah, for the sake of viewers sanity, they really should just keep it at 3. I can see it now, Sharapova v. Zvonareva. 50 Breaks of serves and 200 UE's combined.

bjurra
05-17-2010, 05:18 PM
2. Re: Non-existing crowds at WTA matches:
You have to keep in the mind the unfair scheduling here. Most big men's matches were schedules on the big courts at acceptable times while the women often had to play early.

Federer - Gulbis and Jankovic - Rezai played at the same time. I think the mens match had about 100 times as many spectators as the womens match.

bjurra
05-17-2010, 05:19 PM
1. The ATP and WTA are separate organisations. If the WTA can afford to pay their Madrid winner more than the ATP can pay their Madrid winner then maybe women's tennis / WTA must have some qualities, too, no?

Well it either means the women are very good at negotiating or the men are very poor. Probably the later.

rocketassist
05-17-2010, 05:20 PM
WTA matches should be one set matches- champions tiebreaks.

dave.
05-17-2010, 05:29 PM
You're a WTA apologist of the highest order. It's simple when the Rolling Stones go on tour, they have support act who are very successful in their own right. Do you seriously think that the support act no matter how good they are, will get paid the same cash as the Stones (headline act). They are still on the price of the ticket, they still go out there and perform their stuff, but they don't get same cash as the headline act at all.

See you are using the US as an example, when globally it's not the case. RG used to have womens QF day and no mens matches, guess what it stunk the place out and they lost cash, so now they play 2 mens QF to cover the lack of appreciation. Rome when they play womens event hardly any crowds, but they turn up for the ATP.

No, it's bullshit that they deserve the cash and it's an emotional wah wah wah sexist argument, when they don't have an economic leg to stand on.

That comparison is so off. The women aren't a support act. The top female players appear in media/promotion for Wimbledon as much as the men do. They're just as much a part of the deal. The men are not the headline act and I don't know where you would get that idea from. You can go on about how much women contribute but I have not seen any hard evidence which proves the men contribute more towards revenue for combined tournaments. It's really an impossible thing to measure as I would suggest it swings each way.

That was just one example, surely you get the point. You're not going to tell me that there haven't been times in the past where WTA matches have had (far) larger crowds than ATP.

I guess we're not going to agree. tbh I'm surprised I stuck with this nonsense argument for as long as this. Thankfully the people making these decisions have got it right and there is equality in tennis. :)

Sillyrabbit
05-17-2010, 05:30 PM
They'd probably still find a way to be so rubbish on serve and make so much UE's, it'd probably take an hour and get to 100 pts.

rocketassist
05-17-2010, 05:37 PM
That comparison is so off. The women aren't a support act. The top female players appear in media/promotion for Wimbledon as much as the men do. They're just as much a part of the deal. The men are not the headline act and I don't know where you would get that idea from. You can go on about how much women contribute but I have not seen any hard evidence which proves the men contribute more towards revenue for combined tournaments. It's really an impossible thing to measure as I would suggest it swings each way.

That was just one example, surely you get the point. You're not going to tell me that there haven't been times in the past where WTA matches have had (far) larger crowds than ATP.

I guess we're not going to agree. tbh I'm surprised I stuck with this nonsense argument for as long as this. Thankfully the people making these decisions have got it right and there is equality in tennis. :)

When a pin up glamour doll like Kournikova played, then maybe that was a case of WTA getting more as the men would just want to look at her rather than the tennis.

The reason the WTA players are on those promotions is because of the outcry that would exist if they were not.

Why do gays complain about sexism all the time? :zzz:

dave.
05-17-2010, 06:08 PM
When a pin up glamour doll like Kournikova played, then maybe that was a case of WTA getting more as the men would just want to look at her rather than the tennis.

The reason the WTA players are on those promotions is because of the outcry that would exist if they were not.

Why do gays complain about sexism all the time? :zzz:

You must know more gays than I do. :lol:

Anyway, I'm not complaining about sexism. You're complaining about equality.

Dmitry Verdasco
05-17-2010, 06:38 PM

Says the Bartoli/Davenport fan... :retard:

laurie-1
05-17-2010, 07:27 PM
This thread clearly had the intention of bringing out all the guys who are non thinkers - in that sense its clearly worked.

I would love to see how many of the chaps here would be willing to voice their views out load in the workplace, with their colleagues or girl friends about how they think Women Tennis players are no more than a bunch of vastly overpaid amateurs; as opposed to being bold and brash in the comfort of a message board under a pseudonym?

dave.
05-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Says the Bartoli/Davenport fan... :retard:

Davenport was in great shape for most of her very long career and Bartoli is notorious for spending ridiculously long amounts of time on the practice court. I take it you're no longer rooting for Dokic then. :o

rocketassist
05-17-2010, 08:33 PM
This thread clearly had the intention of bringing out all the guys who are non thinkers - in that sense its clearly worked.

I would love to see how many of the chaps here would be willing to voice their views out load in the workplace, with their colleagues or girl friends about how they think Women Tennis players are no more than a bunch of vastly overpaid amateurs; as opposed to being bold and brash in the comfort of a message board under a pseudonym?

If I was working in an office I would expect a female employee doing the same job as myself to get the same wage, and a female higher up on the ladder to get more money. Nothing to do with tennis.

If a girl friend asked me about women's tennis, I'd explain to them why female players should not get the same pay and why their tour is in the shade of the ATP.

Mats68
05-17-2010, 08:55 PM
WTA is boring since Dokic left. No more cute girls. The Williams' ghetto attitude is just annoying.

Baghdatis#1
05-18-2010, 12:50 AM

For the women Madrid is a bigger event. Madrid, Miami, IW, and Beijing are the biggest outside of the slams ;)

me a get a life?, what a joke, you have an average of 8.38 posts per day :spit:, you have no idea what i do in real life :rolleyes:.

Instead of firing juvenile insults why don't you stick to the topic ''why do you hate the wta''

I don't give two shits whether you like the wta or not, im keeping to the thread..if you don't like it GTFO.

btw anyone catch oudins run in flushing meadows last year, such excitement!!!!!...NOT. Those matches were terrible quality made want to puke i was so disgusted, anybody thinking wta has drama is deludeddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!

8.38 posts per day is nothing really :shrug:. Well I like the WTA and clearly you don't want me to like it, so that's what I responded to :shrug:
And I found Oudin's run exciting, and many people did. If you didn't, that's your opinion ;)

And I agree that Federer's Mate needs to get a life and a clue. :wavey:

:)

WTA is boring since Dokic left. No more cute girls. The Williams' ghetto attitude is just annoying.

Dokic still plays :lol:

out_here_grindin
05-18-2010, 01:25 AM

we heard you the 1st time

Action Jackson
05-18-2010, 02:02 AM

How come the women never finish the Grand Slams as the last match, if they were so damn good then they would be playing the final match of the tournament, you know just like the headline act of any tour. What womens global sport generates the same amount of overall cash as the men, it's not basketball, it's not football, volleyball, it's not athletics.

You really are kidding yourself if you can't see an obvious global trend that mens events generate more money. Look at what bjurra said he has been to many WTA events look at Rome and Madrid, the crowds were significantly down with the women as to the men, so how do you excuse that they get bigger crowds then.

Overall, you want to use the US Open an example. Events in Europe and yes at the AO an event I have attended a lot of times, the majority are there to see the guys

You believe in tokenism.

Action Jackson
05-18-2010, 02:07 AM

I have told them many times and explained why and most agree irrespective of gender.

Considering in my workplace women get and deserve equal prizemoney, but professional sport isn't a normal workplace and if you can't see that then that is your problem. Like I said it's not a communist organisation.

acionescu
05-18-2010, 07:48 AM
The Madrid WTA winner gets more money than the ATP one because men AGREED between them to give more money to the players that get eliminated in earlier rounds and cut from the players that get farther (final, SFs). As far as I know women didn't have such an initiative or if they had(yeah, sure :lol: )they didn't agree on it.
Speaks a lot, no?
My take is that WTA sucks atm because of poor quality players and game and that leads to poor attendance and of course less revenues. The problem is that "quality of play" is something really hard to measure but someone should have the balls to make a real analysis about this and establish the prize money accordingly but no one would do it in these PC times :lol:

Action Jackson
05-18-2010, 10:52 AM
The Madrid WTA winner gets more money than the ATP one because men AGREED between them to give more money to the players that get eliminated in earlier rounds and cut from the players that get farther (final, SFs). As far as I know women didn't have such an initiative or if they had(yeah, sure :lol: )they didn't agree on it.
Speaks a lot, no?
My take is that WTA sucks atm because of poor quality players and game and that leads to poor attendance and of course less revenues. The problem is that "quality of play" is something really hard to measure but someone should have the balls to make a real analysis about this and establish the prize money accordingly but no one would do it in these PC times :lol:

Better watch it, you might be deemed sexist Andreea. Yes, the ATP have less differential between the rounds.

Matt01
05-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Better watch it, you might be deemed sexist Andreea.

Awww...:awww: :crying2:

:hug:

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-18-2010, 11:23 AM

wtf dude all you have posted in this thread are smileys.

care to expand on why you like the wta?
go back to wta world where you can discuss faires, cows jumping through paddocks and what dress sharapova is wearing at the latest tourney

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-18-2010, 11:24 AM
people only say we are sexist, because they don't have asny arguement, that is all they can come up with

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Speaks a lot, no?

completey agreed, the wta is just a weaker and less skilled version of tennis, why would anyone prefer that over proper tennis?

and why do wta lovers say wta has drawn bigger drowds than the atp, thats bullshit

the australian open is a grat tourney which exposes wta crapness

kohli-nadal - fullhouse
kuzzie vs a random - 50 people, maybe

don't use the late at night crap, atp has always drawn full houses when played late at night, iit was also a friday night ffs.

i was on mca on day 6, and everyone in the crowd including me was waiting for vera's shithouse match to finish, so the real tennis i.ee davy-monaco could start

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-18-2010, 11:38 AM

:baby:

:zzz:, the thread is actually designed for people to state why they hate the wta

us non thinkers??, wtf, coming from a sensitive wta lover, who clearly thinks this thread is imprtant,as he/she needs to comment on it

o and by girlfriends and colleagues don't even like tennis...so they dont care :sport:

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-18-2010, 11:39 AM
anyone see sharapovas match yesterday?, quality stuff, no choking at all

Matt01
05-18-2010, 11:45 AM

people only say we are sexist, because they don't have asny arguement, that is all they can come up with

One of the main qualifications to participate on a tennis forum / message board is to be able to read. I propose you learn that first and then get back to us again. :)

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-18-2010, 11:49 AM
One of the main qualifications to participate on a tennis forum / message board is to be able to read. I propose you learn that first and then get back to us again. :)

um speak for yourself, the post i quoted from you didn't have a single word in it :smash:

Matt01
05-18-2010, 12:11 PM
um speak for yourself, the post i quoted from you didn't have a single word in it :smash:

OK, I'll teach you a bit: There's a difference between a "thread" and a "post".

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-18-2010, 12:19 PM
OK, I'll teach you a bit: There's a difference between a "thread" and a "post".

yea i know that :retard: .. u saying your post was a thread :cuckoo:..typical wta fan going off topic

hey matt01 you see camerin-georges, good match huh

what are your thoughts on wozniacki being the number 2 womens player in the world

Matt01
05-18-2010, 12:34 PM
yea i know that :retard: .. u saying your post was a thread :cuckoo:..typical wta fan going off topic

what are your thoughts on wozniacki being the number 2 womens player in the world

1. You should have checked my previous posts in this thread since I did not only post smilies in this thread (and that is what you told me). I posted only/mostly smilies only in that one post you quoted.

2. I did not see that match.

3. Wozniacki is #3 in the world, not #2.

Orysbestos
05-18-2010, 03:26 PM

:confused:
Who is the WTA fan here?

schorsch
05-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Anyone seen Roger's match against Jo-W in Canada, quality choking there, no ?

Chiakifug
05-18-2010, 06:19 PM
No wonder so many guys here spend so much time on this site. :haha:

Aaric
05-18-2010, 06:26 PM
1. You should have checked my previous posts in this thread since I did not only post smilies in this thread (and that is what you told me). I posted only/mostly smilies only in that one post you quoted.

Baghdatis#1
05-18-2010, 10:50 PM

care to expand on why you like the wta?
go back to wta world where you can discuss faires, cows jumping through paddocks and what dress sharapova is wearing at the latest tourney

:spit:
A lot of the members there are women or gay men, so it's common for them to discuss stuff like that :shrug:
I'm a straight man, so not ALL people there discuss stuff like that :shrug:

Have you read this whole thread? :tape:

kohli-nadal - fullhouse
kuzzie vs a random - 50 people, maybe

i was on mca on day 6, and everyone in the crowd including me was waiting for vera's shithouse match to finish, so the real tennis i.ee davy-monaco could start

Kuznetsova can't be compared to Nadal :shrug:. But Venus or Serena can, and they draw crowds even for doubles :shrug:. Henin, Sharapova, Clijsters, and Ivanovic are also pretty popular :shrug:

Sharapova isn't as good as she used to be, and she never was good on clay :shrug:

1.Since when do WTA fans always go off-topic? :spit:
2.It's Goerges, not Georges ;)
3.Camerin-Goerges is such a random matchup. They aren't even anywhere near the top :shrug:. Try Venus, Serena, Henin, Clijsters, Dementieva, Azarenka, ...
4.Wozniacki isn't #2 anymore, and that was only because she played every week :o. She's played a tournament every week since Indian Wells, except for one week because it was Fed Cup weekend and she plays in the zonal groups since Denmark doesn't have any other good players :shrug:

rocketassist
05-19-2010, 01:08 AM
I was speaking to a gay lad in uni who is as cool as ice about this whole subject and he'd be embarrassed to be associated with some of the equality, sexism-crying babies in here.

Action Jackson
05-19-2010, 02:16 AM

I drink out of mugs, I don't listen to them.

Angle Queen
05-19-2010, 02:31 AM
I think most people here who are bashing the WTA and their players have never watched a full WTA match :oAh, no. Every now and then, I make myself watch a full match, hoping against hope that things have improved. *sigh* But I'll admit...it is hard. I usually fall asleep from the boredom.

I don't understand why so many people hate the WTA due to grunting, when it's rife on the ATP as well. :shrug:True enough. And one of the reasons I'm beginning to turn the sound down on the mens matches too.

As tennis playing female, sometimes I do feel kinda embarassed that I really don't have any interest when it's on... and often times mad that it is on.I've tried, really tried to get back into the womens game. But they really lost me with all the big babe ballbashing. It's not the kind of game I play (although I can hit the hell out of the ball...I just find it easier to win points other ways :p ) and there's noting at all interesting about it -- no angles, no point construction, no cat-n-mouse, nada.

But when it comes to watching tennis and playing tennis, I do look at them as two different aspects of my life. When I'm playing tennis, I love the feel of being on the court... the excitement of an ace.... the exhilaration of hitting a winner... and the hilarity of playing doubles with besties.Amen, sistah. Love, love playin' the game...and most especially, outwitting a (sometimes better technically skilled) opponent.

There's no men to lust after.Now we get to the real heart of the matter. I'm female. Hmmm, let's see...attractive (mostly), athletic men in shorts dukin' it out. OR women...who either don't look female or try too hard to look female (makeup, jewelry, tight clothes). No contest. The men get my attention every time. :devil:

oranges
05-19-2010, 03:25 AM
Okay, I have no interest in WTA in what will soon be measured in decades, but the amount of passion some of the anti-WTA tards are showing is truly bizarre :lol: Basically, the only reason to have any feelings towards it if you don't like it is the combined events and the accompanying scheduling issues. Other than that, I'm befuddled why would you care at all. Chalk it up together with curling or whatever else qualifies as not of the slightest interest and move on. As it is, some obviously frequent the WTA forums despite vehemently hating the WTA. The wonders of human nature are incomprehensible.

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-19-2010, 03:49 AM
:spit:
A lot of the members there are women or gay men, so it's common for them to discuss stuff like that :shrug:
I'm a straight man, so not ALL people there discuss stuff like that :shrug:

Have you read this whole thread? :tape:

Kuznetsova can't be compared to Nadal :shrug:. But Venus or Serena can, and they draw crowds even for doubles :shrug:. Henin, Sharapova, Clijsters, and Ivanovic are also pretty popular :shrug:

Sharapova isn't as good as she used to be, and she never was good on clay :shrug:

1.Since when do WTA fans always go off-topic? :spit:
2.It's Goerges, not Georges ;)
3.Camerin-Goerges is such a random matchup. They aren't even anywhere near the top :shrug:. Try Venus, Serena, Henin, Clijsters, Dementieva, Azarenka, ...
4.Wozniacki isn't #2 anymore, and that was only because she played every week :o. She's played a tournament every week since Indian Wells, except for one week because it was Fed Cup weekend and she plays in the zonal groups since Denmark doesn't have any other good players :shrug:

1. i really couldn't give a shit
2. yes, its great
3. heck if rafa played doubles in a gs, you would have to get into mca,court 1,court 2 or grandstand an hour before play starts.
4.she is still one of the most well known players out there
5. maybe telling people to get a life, stating that they like the wta,sexism etc
6. read number 1
7.i was stating another poor wta match up that had been played an hour before, azarenka vs serena was torture, azarenkas choke was ridiculous. henin-kim have been chokefests, nothing like their matches from 6/7 years ago
8. big freaking deal, the fact that she was number 3 in the world is a disgrace to the sport. has she ever hit over 10 winners in a match?

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-19-2010, 03:50 AM
I drink out of mugs, I don't listen to them.

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-19-2010, 03:53 AM
Anyone seen Roger's match against Jo-W in Canada, quality choking there, no ?

wow that happened once out of nowhere. At least the guy has won 16 slams unlike any active wta player. A month before he played an epic 5 setter, infront of tennis legends on centre court in wimby!!!

.-Federers_Mate-.
05-19-2010, 03:57 AM

as stated in your amusing bad rep, i will not bother to respond to your smug remarks after this.

1. i did, all you said was: i quite like the wta and told me to get a life. personal insults and a 4 word statement don't cont as posts.

2. don't watch it unless you want to be up all night hurling

3. big dif, she was world number 2 a couple of weeks ago

good day :wavey:

Orysbestos
05-19-2010, 04:56 AM
Ah, no. Every now and then, I make myself watch a full match, hoping against hope that things have improved. *sigh* But I'll admit...it is hard. I usually fall asleep from the boredom.

True enough. And one of the reasons I'm beginning to turn the sound down on the mens matches too.

I've tried, really tried to get back into the womens game. But they really lost me with all the big babe ballbashing. It's not the kind of game I play (although I can hit the hell out of the ball...I just find it easier to win points other ways :p ) and there's noting at all interesting about it -- no angles, no point construction, no cat-n-mouse, nada.

Amen, sistah. Love, love playin' the game...and most especially, outwitting a (sometimes better technically skilled) opponent.

Now we get to the real heart of the matter. I'm female. Hmmm, let's see...attractive (mostly), athletic men in shorts dukin' it out. OR women...who either don't look female or try too hard to look female (makeup, jewelry, tight clothes). No contest. The men get my attention every time. :devil:

Gender traitor.

Tutu
05-19-2010, 06:43 AM
She played Junior level tennis, so technically she did I guess but why would you want to watch an ugly coked up junior in the finals of a GS? I assume people like the WTA for the drama cause it damn sure isn't the tennis.
Junior level tennis? :spit: You're not for real.

:confused:
Who is the WTA fan here?

This is a first for me, but. :bowdown: Great post Matt.

A lot of people are bashing the WTA and its quality and stuff but these things go in cycles. Back in 1997-2003 the tour was great. There were huge rivalries withthe Williams sisters, Hingis, Davenport, Capriati, Belgians, Pierce and everyone else and the drama was unrivalled. Back then the TV ratings were far better than the ATP and there was just so much more buzz. At the same time the ATP was just completely dead, and as someone said, Magnus Norman was number two. :lol:

It is all down to the generations ageing. Back then the WS, Hingis, Kournikova et al. were all so young then but now the generation has aged. It is the same as on the ATP where back then Sampras and Agassi and everyone from that generation were all nearing the end of their careers compared to now with Nadal, Djokovic and everyone else are all 23/22 years old righ now. The WTA is just waiting for some strong, talented and exciting (on and off the court) young players to come and take over.

Gêmeos
05-19-2010, 06:47 AM
The WTA matches are so boring that I even can't watch for 10 min,besides,almost every girls are chokers

Tutu
05-19-2010, 06:50 AM
As for the equal prize money debate, I do think that the Women deserve it. I mean they didn't get it when the tour was far superior to the ATP and there will probably come another time when it is the same. I mean sure, the tour isn't as popular as the ATP but the assertion that nobody cares about the WTA in mixed events is ridiculous. Part of what makes professional tennis so special is that on the biggest stage, both tours are recognised as equal and they play in front of the same crowd in the same venue. And rightly so. The big four of the WTA as well as some others are barely ever seen playing to a small crowd. I even heard that at Rome, after Nadals match everyone went over to watch Venus vs Schiavone play and a lot of people were saying stuff like "Now THAT'S real tennis". :lol:

I have always thought the 3 setters vs 5 setters arguments are stupid. The key is in the name; it's PRIZE money, not piece rate but a prize for reaching x round of a tournament. They both have their advantages and disadvantages in terms of entertainment value and scheduling is another reason for it being virtually impossible to have both tours playing best of 5 matches. Especially considering the WTA matches are usually much longer because there is much more emphasis placed on groundstrokes rather than the serve.

That said, I would like to see best of 5 matches from the quarterfinals onwards, or something. The top WTA players have alway ssaid that they're open to it, so it's out of their hands.

Oh, and i'm straight. ;)

Serenidad
05-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Hingis is coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111 WTA is saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111

Yep.

:rolls: Compared to useless Davenport who worked as hard as she could and still couldn't win anything despite playing year after year after year.

You're such a bitter hatter sometimes.

Davenport was in great shape for most of her very long career and Bartoli is notorious for spending ridiculously long amounts of time on the practice court. I take it you're no longer rooting for Dokic then. :o

Girl stop lying. When Davenport had her less than two-year slam winning window, she was fat. She was fat, fat, and fat not near what shape she was in her later career. Fanboying over your 3 slam wannabe a great player favorite.

Davenport is a joke and no amount of Bali wins will change that.

dave.
05-19-2010, 03:28 PM
How come the women never finish the Grand Slams as the last match, if they were so damn good then they would be playing the final match of the tournament, you know just like the headline act of any tour. What womens global sport generates the same amount of overall cash as the men, it's not basketball, it's not football, volleyball, it's not athletics.

Who ever said the last match was supposed to be the "main one". At Wimbledon, it's the mixed doubles final that gets played last. Women's singles is on Saturday, Men's on Sunday, it's nothing more than a bit of tradition. Nothing more to read into that.

You really are kidding yourself if you can't see an obvious global trend that mens events generate more money. Look at what bjurra said he has been to many WTA events look at Rome and Madrid, the crowds were significantly down with the women as to the men, so how do you excuse that they get bigger crowds then.

All this stuff about crowds. That not only is unreliable, but simply impossible to use as an indicator of which one generates more money. Just because a seat is empty doesn't mean it has not been paid for. Then there's stuff like tv coverage, etc. And don't act as if men's matches always get the crowds. Munich a couple of weeks ago was no better than a WTA event.

Anyway, if we're going by crowds then the WTA certainly did earn more revenue in the late-90's. They were still getting paid less than the men.

Speaks a lot, no?

Madrid is a bigger event on the women's side than it is on the men's. That is why the women got more money there.

I was speaking to a gay lad in uni who is as cool as ice about this whole subject and he'd be embarrassed to be associated with some of the equality, sexism-crying babies in here.

As I've said, you have a problem regarding homosexuals. It's probably just you coming to terms with it yourself, I understand.

But to respond to this, I have no reason to be associated with your ... "friend" at uni.

Okay, I have no interest in WTA in what will soon be measured in decades, but the amount of passion some of the anti-WTA tards are showing is truly bizarre :lol: Basically, the only reason to have any feelings towards it if you don't like it is the combined events and the accompanying scheduling issues. Other than that, I'm befuddled why would you care at all. Chalk it up together with curling or whatever else qualifies as not of the slightest interest and move on. As it is, some obviously frequent the WTA forums despite vehemently hating the WTA. The wonders of human nature are incomprehensible.

I think it's already been established that Federer's-Mate is indeed a huge fan of the WTA. I mean, why on earth would he go out of his way to watch Strasbourg if he hated the WTA? Hell I haven't even seen a match from that tournament yet. :lol:

As for the equal prize money debate, I do think that the Women deserve it. I mean they didn't get it when the tour was far superior to the ATP and there will probably come another time when it is the same. I mean sure, the tour isn't as popular as the ATP but the assertion that nobody cares about the WTA in mixed events is ridiculous. Part of what makes professional tennis so special is that on the biggest stage, both tours are recognised as equal and they play in front of the same crowd in the same venue. And rightly so. The big four of the WTA as well as some others are barely ever seen playing to a small crowd. I even heard that at Rome, after Nadals match everyone went over to watch Venus vs Schiavone play and a lot of people were saying stuff like "Now THAT'S real tennis". :lol:

I have always thought the 3 setters vs 5 setters arguments are stupid. The key is in the name; it's PRIZE money, not piece rate but a prize for reaching x round of a tournament. They both have their advantages and disadvantages in terms of entertainment value and scheduling is another reason for it being virtually impossible to have both tours playing best of 5 matches. Especially considering the WTA matches are usually much longer because there is much more emphasis placed on groundstrokes rather than the serve.

That said, I would like to see best of 5 matches from the quarterfinals onwards, or something. The top WTA players have alway ssaid that they're open to it, so it's out of their hands.

Oh, and i'm straight. ;)

:yeah:

Yep.

:rolls: Compared to useless Davenport who worked as hard as she could and still couldn't win anything despite playing year after year after year.

Girl stop lying. When Davenport had her less than two-year slam winning window, she was fat. She was fat, fat, and fat not near what shape she was in her later career. Fanboying over your 3 slam wannabe a great player favorite.

Davenport is a joke and no amount of Bali wins will change that.

Gurl, save this for TF (you're much nicer over there :sad:).

Dmitry Verdasco
05-19-2010, 03:52 PM

No gurl, I am. :hearts: She's had it so rough. :tears:

PREACH IT! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Oh, and i'm straight. ;)

:spit: hilare.

Yep.

Yeah, such a bitter, mad hatter. :retard:

Wingisova :inlove::inlove::inlove: