I saw a player with a belly-piercing? who is it? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I saw a player with a belly-piercing? who is it?

-wokkel-
09-07-2004, 04:09 PM
I only saw his middle and he's wearing a red shirt.. :wavey: :confused:

Neely
09-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Koubek for example wore a dark red sleeveless Nike shirt against Joachim Johansson and he also has a bellybutton piercing since longer time already. So, with these two factors fitting, it could be very likely that it was him who you saw.

Bilbo
09-07-2004, 04:32 PM
I only saw his middle and he's wearing a red shirt.. :wavey: :confused:

Stefan Koubek. A weird person.

-wokkel-
09-07-2004, 04:34 PM
ok tnx

SLICK
09-07-2004, 05:50 PM
:eek: Yeah, that was Stefan Koubek alright. He looks good in the Nike sleeveless shirt which he kept lifting to expose his piercing. He used to look really scruffy on court. Looks like he's had a total makeover. Shame he didn't win that match against Johansson, i like watching him play. Reminds me of Muster a little.

Eruwen
09-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Omg! I saw him, and thought I saw a belly button piercing... but hoped I was wrong! Guess not... that's scary :eek:

Havok
09-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Didn't he have this for quite some time already? I thought it was sort of common knowledge.

RebelNYC
09-07-2004, 09:44 PM
It is true, he is like Muster returned!

Iheartandy&roger
09-07-2004, 09:56 PM
wow! I didnt know belly button rings were a fashion statement for men too! right sure whatever makes him happy.... lol

tennis4eva
09-07-2004, 11:10 PM
:lol: I laughed for so long when I first saw Stefan's piercing!
I think its cool though :banana: Here is a pic of it !

Daniel
09-08-2004, 08:41 AM
nice :)

Chloe le Bopper
09-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Didn't he have this for quite some time already? I thought it was sort of common knowledge.
Yeah, I discovered it on my ventures last summer, and for all I know he could have had it long before then. Maybe it would have been common knowledge had I bothered to post my reports on this board... but there are too many sensitive souls on this board to do such a thing :p

SLICK
09-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Sensitive in what way? Stefan Koubek is probably a much more popular player now. He's the only guy i know with a belly button piercing. Wonder why he had it done, and why we are only noticing it now. :p

User ID 4783
09-08-2004, 01:18 PM
:lol: I laughed for so long when I first saw Stefan's piercing!
I think its cool though :banana: Here is a pic of it !
OMG :eek:

Billabong
09-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Yep Koubek, I saw it;)!

tennischick
09-08-2004, 01:48 PM
is Koubek straight? :confused:

tennis4eva
09-08-2004, 04:23 PM
:rolleyes: I thought he was......Does he have a girlfriend?

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-08-2004, 04:25 PM

Ahem yes.

So am I "bent" because I have earrings in each ear?

Chloe le Bopper
09-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Ahem no.

On this side of the globe, it's rare for straight men to pierce their navels... hence the comment.

Chloe le Bopper
09-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Sensitive in what way? Stefan Koubek is probably a much more popular player now. He's the only guy i know with a belly button piercing. Wonder why he had it done, and why we are only noticing it now. :p
The first time I saw Koubek live was about two or three years ago, and he was covered up the entire time. The only reason I ever noticed it is because I walked by when he was practicing shirtless at the USO last year and a friend pointed it out to me.

As for the sensitive souls.... some people around here don't take jokes about their favourites very well, and would probably whine about some of the things I say. "Dont' you have anything better to do?", "if you hate [insert player that I don't hate's name in here], then why do you bother to watch him practice", etc. I can't be bothered with the idiocy. Most people wouldn't do that, but for the few that would.... it's really not worth my time to post them over here.

rassklovn
09-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Ahem no.

Don't worry Marc, you really are as bent as Jean-Paul Gautier with a fashion statement like that, it's ok some places haven't moved with the times yet. :)

Neely
09-08-2004, 06:52 PM
:rolleyes: I thought he was......Does he have a girlfriend?
yes, he does

I guess so... unless he is spending years already together with his girlfriend and is secretly gay

rassklovn
09-08-2004, 06:55 PM
I guess so... unless he is spending years already together with his girlfriend and is secretly gay

He had to move from Villach to Vienna because it was too hard being gay there.

tennischick
09-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Ahem no.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-08-2004, 07:10 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:p

Gonzo Hates Me!
09-08-2004, 07:43 PM
I got to know Koubek very well, he is very straight, LOL... and I have had the displeasure of seeing him shirtless up close, lol, had to give him shit for that ring

YoursTruly
09-08-2004, 07:54 PM
It's not a surprise for his ways and personality, tennis style and ethic because Muster is his one and only inspiration/model!

SLICK
09-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Male body piercing is stereotypically a gay pastime. Wonder if Mr Koubek has any other part of his body pierced? If i ever meet him, i will ask him myself. :rolleyes:

Neely
09-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Male body piercing is stereotypically a gay pastime.
wow, I know pretty many gays then :tape:

tangerine_dream
09-08-2004, 10:44 PM
In the US, it's hard to tell gay men from the Europeans. (http://www.blairmag.com/blair3/gaydar/euro.html) :p

A man with a navel piercing is considered http://tinypic.com/4kspg here.

SLICK
09-08-2004, 11:30 PM
I bet Koubek wants to be some sort of gay icon with that piercing. There is no doubt that he wants the public to see it. He kept lifting his shirt after every point to wipe his face. Are not wristbands designed for that? :scratch:

rassklovn
09-09-2004, 09:49 AM
In the US, it's hard to tell gay men from the Europeans. (http://www.blairmag.com/blair3/gaydar/euro.html) :p

A man with a navel piercing is considered http://tinypic.com/4kspg here.

Thanks for that link, that's the best thing you have ever posted and it provided me with huge amounts of entertainment.

Got them all right as well.

rassklovn
09-09-2004, 09:53 AM
wow, I know pretty many gays then :tape:

Yes, Neely I must be so gay because I have an eyebrow and a tongue piercing? I can't believe it has taken so much time for me to come to terms with this momentus occasion.

Chloe le Bopper
09-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Don't worry Marc, you really are as bent as Jean-Paul Gautier with a fashion statement like that, it's ok some places haven't moved with the times yet. :)
You know, just because Canada and the US are keen on their stereotypes and are, you know, DIFFERENT from Europe isn't really reason to criticize them. But carry on.

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Yes, Neely I must be so gay because I have an eyebrow and a tongue piercing? I can't believe it has taken so much time for me to come to terms with this momentus occasion.

Damn, you are almost as gay as I allegedly am with those kinds of piercings.

Kristen
09-09-2004, 03:03 PM
I bet Koubek wants to be some sort of gay icon with that piercing. There is no doubt that he wants the public to see it. He kept lifting his shirt after every point to wipe his face. Are not wristbands designed for that? :scratch:

SH!T! You're right! I've never seen anyone do that before...
There's also a possibility that Stefan has a :eek: personality :eek:

Do mtf members know what that is? :scratch:

SLICK
09-09-2004, 03:34 PM
We should re-name Stefan Koubek Mr Personality 2004. :lol:

Space Cowgirl
09-09-2004, 03:44 PM

Well knock me down with a feather!
:lol:

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-09-2004, 03:50 PM

You are asking the hard questions BG, that might scare some people.

Gonzo Hates Me!
09-09-2004, 10:43 PM
I wonder all the piercings Tipsarevic has *using imagination*

SLICK
09-09-2004, 10:52 PM
I got to know Koubek very well, he is very straight, LOL... and I have had the displeasure of seeing him shirtless up close, lol, had to give him shit for that ring
Where were you when you saw the shirtless Koubek?
Practice courts, Showers? :scratch:

Gonzo Hates Me!
09-09-2004, 11:26 PM
ehhhhhhhh, i would hate to see Koubek in a shower, that would be blinding... yeah, he practices shirtless a lot,

he thinks the world of that ring, lol-- I am waiting for him to change the colors, or wear one that chains all around the stomach--then for sure, he will have to come out the closet

SLICK
09-09-2004, 11:39 PM
ehhhhhhhh, i would hate to see Koubek in a shower, that would be blinding... yeah, he practices shirtless a lot,

he thinks the world of that ring, lol-- I am waiting for him to change the colors, or wear one that chains all around the stomach--then for sure, he will have to come out the closet
I think Koubek is something of an exhibitionist. The kind that would let it all hang out on a nudist beach someplace. Next time you speak to him, ask him if he would consider a belly-button piercing that glows in the dark, that way he could entertain us all during a night session match at the Aussie Open 2005. :lol:

Gonzo Hates Me!
09-10-2004, 02:55 AM
LOL, exhibitionist, heh--he is actually a bit shy. But he is my bitch, I will convince him to wear that glow in the dark ring

SLICK
09-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Right on :)

SLICK
09-10-2004, 05:54 PM
Are there any other pro's male or female with naval piercings other than Koubek and Serena Williams? Perhaps those two should play mixed doubles together with Serena wearing her Nike boots and Stefan wearing the new Nike sleeveless shirt which has a special midriff cut to give perfect view of glowing naval jewels :cool:

SLICK
09-11-2004, 02:38 AM
Did my own research. Tennis players other than Koubek and Serena that have played with naval piercings include;
Kim Clisters :eek:
Iroda Tulyaganova (remember her from Uzbekistan?) :eek:
Olga Barabanschikova (Belarus) :eek:
Jill Craybass (US) :eek:
Shelly Stephens (NZ) :eek:
Can't find another (heterosexual) male :lol: on the tour other than Koubek wearing one. If anyone has info to the contrary, post it here quick! :cool: