Will Nadal be no.1 after Wimbledon ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Nadal be no.1 after Wimbledon ?

fsoica
04-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Even the haters must admit that this is an option to take into consideration...

Please discuss...

TennisOnWood
04-17-2010, 04:26 PM
No! Too much points to defend until Queens and Federer's too good performance on Slams

1) Federer 2) Nadal order will be completely o.k

LocoPorElTenis
04-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Will MTF ever stop overreacting?

Wolbo
04-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Given that Nadal has very few points to defend at RG and Wimbledon and Federer the maximum 4000 I'd say there is about an 80% chance that Nadal will be the No. 1 after Wimbledon. Might even be 81%...

Certinfy
04-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Depends if he plays SoderKing at RG and/or Wimbledon, if he doesn't then he will.

NicoMedellin
04-17-2010, 04:32 PM
I find it kinda hard...but I do think that after wimbledon is going to be fed at number 1 and rafa at number 2

Start da Game
04-17-2010, 04:36 PM
no.1 ranking is not the priority at the moment.......let's win the french first and then see the possibilities.......

Roamed
04-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Possible scenario, if I've added it up right.. assuming Federer and Nadal defend all their points up to the FO and nothing changes before then (defending Barcelona, Rome and Madrid respectively), that's a gap of 3695... if Rafa wins the FO, and Federer gets to the final, it's 1075, and going into Wimbledon discounting any points gained from Queens/Halle, Rafa can get it back by getting to the final even if Federer wins.

Selby
04-17-2010, 04:41 PM
No.

Lleyton_
04-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Is Nadal the second coming of Jesus?

Start da Game
04-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Possible scenario, if I've added it up right.. assuming Federer and Nadal defend all their points up to the FO and nothing changes before then (defending Rome and Madrid), that's a gap of 3695... if Rafa wins the FO, and Federer gets to the final, it's 1075, and going into Wimbledon discounting any points gained from Queens/Halle, Rafa can get it back by getting to the final even if Federer wins.

in short, rafa has to get on a decent rampage from rome until wimbledon? quite possible but as a nadal fan i am not looking beyond french open at the moment.......

Hellraiser
04-17-2010, 04:47 PM
no fucking' way

Topspin Forehand
04-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Federer will not do well this clay season so I say he will regain number 1 after Wimbledon.

gorgo1986
04-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Its definitely possible but lets talk about this again after Roland Garros.

andy neyer
04-17-2010, 04:57 PM
It's very possible. He can even get to number 1 after RG if he manages to keep his points in Rome, Barcelona and Madrid (likely, imo), win RG (very likely) and if Federer loses before the semis (not so likely but tennis is full of surprises).

Fedicilous
04-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Definitely.

Nadal is the son of God and even If Federer saves his ranking, father Zeus will kill the Swiss with a thunderbolt.
I can't wait to see Rafa's coronation in Rome like Caesars did in ancient times.

DrJules
04-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Yes.

I actually think Nadal will be number 1 after winning the French Open this year.

Arkulari
04-17-2010, 05:22 PM
A week ago Rafa was done and now people are asking about him getting back at #1? :spit:

MTF at his best :worship:

andy neyer
04-17-2010, 05:27 PM
A week ago Rafa was done and now people are asking about him getting back at #1? :spit:

True but some of us haven't changed our opinions :)Even when Nadal was losing in IW and Miami after coming back from injury, I (and others) still knew he was going to dominate the clay court season. It's the people who change their viewpoints week in and week out who deserve the smiles.

DrJules
04-17-2010, 05:28 PM

I actually was picking him to have a chance to be number 1 after the French Open a while back (start of April):

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9774377&postcount=440

Nadal was impressive at Indian Wells and Miami on his by far weakest surface.

scarecrows
04-17-2010, 05:28 PM
with Fed being crap outside of the slams the chance is pretty high

Mechlan
04-17-2010, 05:29 PM

Seriously. :lol:

Nadal is just as likely to take #1 after Wimbledon now as he was a few weeks ago.

Lalalovesong
04-17-2010, 05:41 PM
I hope so..

Diprosalic
04-17-2010, 06:06 PM
I (and others) still knew he was going to dominate the clay court season. It's the people who change their viewpoints week in and week out who deserve the smiles.

he hasn't dominated shit yet. as much as i believe he will he is just in the MC final. he hasn't even won a tournament.

vn01
04-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Why not.I hope so.VAMOS RAFA

tyruk14
04-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Let's see if he can beat the top five guys over the next few weeks before the Nadal-tards start sucking one another off.

But there is a slight chance he could regain number one.

emotion
04-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Guys, he hasn't beat a Top 8 player since May of last year. Still. A lucky tournament and the others' woes are not his accomplishments.

christallh24
04-18-2010, 12:29 AM
Well, he'd need to start winning tournaments again. He's done it before, so I wouldn't bet against him. But honestly, I don't see it happening.

federernadalfan
04-18-2010, 01:23 AM
if he does well leading up to rg and wins rg, that confidence boost will propel him to do well in the grass season as well which could translate into number one ranking
but first, lets see him win a title

Forehander
04-18-2010, 01:38 AM
It's hard to say but there is a chance. Clay season for Nadal is a HUGE confidence booster. After his performance in Monte Carlo in comparison to his fellow competitors, we can safely say that there's 95% chance he'll win the Roland Garros. If he wins the French Open and head on to play the grass season, I can see another Federer-Nadal Wimbledon final.

SetSampras
04-18-2010, 02:06 AM
LOL.. still the battle of Fed and Nadal even though their best days are behind them.. The new generation still can't get over the hump.. FUCKING CLOWNS today. LOL..

Muggray and Mugovic still nowhere to be found and incapable of winning anymore. Del Mugro still at the E.R

ForehandWinner
04-18-2010, 02:11 AM

No. He was the first one!:p

moon language
04-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Nadal will occupy the entire top 10 himself.

ForehandWinner
04-18-2010, 02:24 AM
Miserable tennis era! Cmon' young boys!! It's freakin getting bored out here....time to kick some asses around.

SetSampras
04-18-2010, 02:28 AM
Miserable tennis era! Cmon' young boys!! It's freakin getting bored out here....time to kick some asses around.

Amen... I could see if Federer or Nadal were still at their respective peaks buts come on.. Fed is barely playing tennis these days, and Nadal isnt what he was prior to injury last year. When is someone else going to be #1?

andy neyer
04-18-2010, 02:45 AM
Amen... I could see if Federer or Nadal were still at their respective peaks buts come on.. Fed is barely playing tennis these days, and Nadal isnt what he was prior to injury last year. When is someone else going to be #1?

Fed is a little bit past his peak but can still do damage when he's on. Nadal on the other hand is playing as good as he ever did.

To answer your question, I think Del Potro will be number 1 in maybe 2 more years. Don't hold your breath. The Fed-Rafa duopoly still has some miles to go.

mark73
04-18-2010, 03:15 AM
no.1 ranking is not the priority at the moment.......let's win the french first and then see the possibilities.......

let's win the french??

you do you realize that let's means let us. You see your just sitting on your ass watching, its nadal and nadal alone that wins. Talk about a delusional FANatic.

mark73
04-18-2010, 03:23 AM
LOL.. still the battle of Fed and Nadal even though their best days are behind them.. The new generation still can't get over the hump.. FUCKING CLOWNS today. LOL..

Muggray and Mugovic still nowhere to be found and incapable of winning anymore. Del Mugro still at the E.R

you are right nobody can play tennis anymore. I mean grandmothers could beat these guys. Their is a disease inflicting all tennis players since the retirement of the god sampras. Since then players have been disesased.

The sad thing is if any granny's take up tennis they will be diseased too. :sad:

gulzhan
04-18-2010, 04:18 AM
No.

mtf63
04-18-2010, 04:33 AM
last time it cost him both the knees, this time it's going to cost him TFAs.

Roger FF
04-18-2010, 07:18 AM
Has this thread been started years ago?:eek: I mean not a sane person would do it in 2010.:hug:

ossie
04-18-2010, 07:21 AM
i think rafa has a fair chance to win both rg and wimbledon again this year

Buhweet
04-18-2010, 07:23 AM

Yes!!!

Roger FF
04-18-2010, 07:25 AM

What a tool.:haha:
At least those clowns are active players... If time machine will become reality we will send you first back into 199x:baby::lol:

andy neyer
04-18-2010, 07:26 AM
He's for sure the favourite for RG.

In Wimby he should advance to the final but if he meets Federer there I'd place his odds as 50/50.

Tutu
04-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Nole really needs to find his mojo soon because he himself doesn't have too many points to defend at the slams. Would be hilarious if it ended up as 1. Nadal 2. Djokovic 3. Federer post-Wimbledon.

Certinfy
04-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Nole really needs to find his mojo soon because he himself doesn't have too many points to defend at the slams. Would be hilarious if it ended up as 1. Nadal 2. Djokovic 3. Federer post-Wimbledon.
Well thankfully that's near impossible, would kill tennis IMO :o

marcRD
04-18-2010, 01:04 PM
People dont believing the possibility and thinks it is overreacting cant count properly. Nadal is 80% to winn all these tournaments: MC, Barcelona, Rome and RG and only with these tournaments he will be up with 8500 points. If he gets to SF or F in Wimbledon he gets up to 9300-9700 points...

Federer will defend 5360 points until Wimbledon....

Lets say he wins Wimbledon, gets to RG SF, Madrid SF, Rome SF and wins Estoril. He will have gained 3800 points and done a great job defending most of his points last summer. Still he will not be nr1 after Wimbledon with these great results.

FNT
04-18-2010, 01:49 PM
it's possible, i don't know how probable though. I hate when people hand Nadal all clay titles after Monte Carlo. He's always won it, it's not good to measure his performance by MC results, yet someone will emerge during the clay season, maybe Djokovic (who was significantly better this time and IS making a lot of progress), maybe Delpo or Davy will come back fresh.
Nadal has beaten a couple of mugs and three spaniards so far (assuming Verdasco doesn't stage the comeback of this century), we all know spaniards crap their pants against him as soon as they step on the court. I don't think he'll win all clay tourneys and I do think his knees will start acting up at some point.

spanish_army
04-18-2010, 01:55 PM
yes

marcRD
04-18-2010, 01:55 PM
it's possible, i don't know how probable though. I hate when people hand Nadal all clay titles after Monte Carlo. He's always won it, it's not good to measure his performance by MC results, yet someone will emerge during the clay season, maybe Djokovic (who was significantly better this time and IS making a lot of progress), maybe Delpo or Davy will come back fresh.
Nadal has beaten a couple of mugs and three spaniards so far (assuming Verdasco doesn't stage the comeback of this century), we all know spaniards crap their pants against him as soon as they step on the court. I don't think he'll win all clay tourneys and I do think his knees will start acting up at some point.

Why do you hate it?

I mean Nadal has won a minimum of 2 master series clay titles and Barcelona every single year since 2005, I didnt even give him any points in Madrid.

Also I dont agree spaniards play that bad against Nadal, Ferrero and Ferrer play better against him than against Federer imo.

FNT
04-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Why do you hate it?

I mean Nadal has won a minimum of 2 master series clay titles and Barcelona every single year since 2005, I didnt even give him any points in Madrid.

Also I dont agree spaniards play that bad against Nadal, Ferrero and Ferrer play better against him than against Federer imo.

It's simple - I think Nadal is past his prime, he's got a lot of miles on his odometer already and those are unhealthy expectations for the dude who has bad knees and confidence problems (which I don't think will be solved by winning the weakest 1000 event this side of Shanghai). It's unfair on the poor guy in my opinion.

That's because Federer's game is a horrible matchup for pretty much anybody except Rafa. Players like Soderling, Del Potro, Djokovic, Cilic and so on and so on can destroy Nadal, but still be in a lot of trouble against Fed, the spaniards just don't want to fight against Rafa psychologically, they happily bend over to him instead of taking him to a fight.

andy neyer
04-18-2010, 03:42 PM
People dont believing the possibility and thinks it is overreacting cant count properly. Nadal is 80% to winn all these tournaments: MC, Barcelona, Rome and RG and only with these tournaments he will be up with 8500 points. If he gets to SF or F in Wimbledon he gets up to 9300-9700 points...

Federer will defend 5360 points until Wimbledon....

Lets say he wins Wimbledon, gets to RG SF, Madrid SF, Rome SF and wins Estoril. He will have gained 3800 points and done a great job defending most of his points last summer. Still he will not be nr1 after Wimbledon with these great results.

Only deluded fanboys don't want to accept the possibility, imo. Or maybe didn't (I don't know how the fact that Rafa won MC affected their opinions).

Nadal defends virtually nothing in both RG and Wimby which are usually tournaments in which he does extremely well. Even at number 3, Nadal is by far the biggest threat to Roger's number 1.

andy neyer
05-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Now the number 1 seems even more likely for Rafito.

Sunset of Age
05-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Some 85% chance of 'yes' here and it would be most deserved.

HKz
05-03-2010, 10:09 PM
in short, rafa has to get on a decent rampage from rome until wimbledon? quite possible but as a nadal fan i am not looking beyond french open at the moment.......

Did you get promoted from Rafael's small time agent to his main agent recently?