Favourite New or Resurging Aussie? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Favourite New or Resurging Aussie?

navy75
04-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Australia sure has had a lot of natural born and raised talent sprout up in recent years. So the all important question...which one of the new crop is your favourite? I almost included Dokic due to her run in the Aussie Open a couple of years ago, but decided against in order to gauge support on the men's side. Cheers!

n8
04-17-2010, 01:33 PM
I doubt many people would've even heard of all but Tomic and possibly Matosevic, let alone seen them play.

Kolya
04-17-2010, 01:35 PM
I know Krishananth Balakrishnan.

Played him numerous times.

GasquetFan
04-17-2010, 01:39 PM
The only Australian I like remotely is Peter Luczak.

Only ones in the poll I've heard of are Tomic & Matosevic. :shrug: Don't like either.

navy75
04-17-2010, 01:40 PM
I doubt many people would've even heard of all but Tomic and possibly Matosevic, let alone seen them play.

I've seen Junaid in a few challengers, and really thought he'd be higher by now after just reaching his career high a year or so ago. The funny thing is that he often makes the quarters or better in the challengers he plays, but seems to play a very limited schedule. Kadir just reached his career high at 28 years old...

navy75
04-17-2010, 01:42 PM
I know Krishananth Balakrishnan.

Played him numerous times.

He's still very young, and destroyed Oliver Statham before getting destroyed himself by Matthew Ebden earlier in the year.

Kolya
04-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Not a big bloke though.

andy neyer
04-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Those are weird names up there. Not a single name or surname of Western European origin which is kind of odd considering that most Aussies are of British and Western European origin in general.