The New Soccer Thread [Archive] - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

The New Soccer Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Goonergal
02-18-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by IluvRogi
:o I actually caught the last bit of Betis game at 2:30 am this morning and maybe it was just my eyesight or maybe I was just tired but I think the penalty decision was right!:p

You must have been asleep :p Never a pen in a million years :p

Hey Diss, on Eurosport here they are showing the South American (Not 100% sure If it's Brazillian :o) It's called the Copa Liberadores (or something like that :o)

Good Luck Arsenal 2nite Vs Ajax :bounce: I know you won't let me down boys ;)

& the Fergie/Becks situation :rolleyes: how ludicrous :o :p

ILR
02-18-2003, 03:06 PM
lol ok I admit it,was never a pen but neither was the Lazio one :mad: that was just stupid!

Becks was lucky it didnt get him in the eye!Or should that be unlucky :p but seriously I went into town this morning and on every newspaper front and back page was Beckhams cut.:o Its like no one in the world has ever been cut before :o:rolleyes:

Awesome4hand
02-20-2003, 07:08 AM
Anybody knows the score b/w Milan and Lokomotiv Moscow...?
Is it 1-0 or 1-1?

Nymeria
02-20-2003, 07:18 AM
Milan did win 1-0 Tomasson made the goal

Awesome4hand
02-20-2003, 07:29 AM
Thanks Legolas....:)

I'm a milan supporter....hopefully they can win it this yr

Real almost lost to Dortmund..... group of death...

Nymeria
02-20-2003, 07:31 AM
I only remember the score because Tomasson did score, and he played before in Holland.
I'm a supporter of Ajax, I was very happy when they played 1-1 against Arsenal, because Arsenal has much better players.

Awesome4hand
02-20-2003, 07:51 AM
Cool.,..I also have a soft spot for Ajax...mainly becos it's a dutch team...I am a fan of the Dutch national team..especially in the days of Gullit, Van Basten Rijkard.... but now ...the team is not bad...full of good players but aren't successful as they should be...

Ajax has surprised alot of ppl this season. Very young team, strong spirit ..... great potential for the next 3-4 yrs... hopefully they won't sell them off like they did in the past...

I hope Ajax makes it through....wouldn't mind Milan v Ajax final again...

Nymeria
02-20-2003, 07:57 AM
I think Ajax will sell their players, because just like a lot of other teams they have money problems. I think they will sell Chivu at the end of the season :sad: Chivu is my favourite player.. And Van der Vaart will only stay a few years more. And there are some more very good young players, like Pienaar and de Jong.

Ofcourse I also support the Dutch national team, but just because I'm from Holland. I not really like the players of the Dutch team, only van der Vaart, van der Meyde and van der Sar.

Awesome4hand
02-20-2003, 08:08 AM
that is sad....reality of life in the top leagues...money makes the world go around...Ajax produces and other richer teams benefit...

Chivu is an inspirational player... He's going to be good for any club he plays for...

Why dun u like the other dutch players in the national team? Surely it's not becos of abilities? Is it personalities? I dunno much about their personalities...but guys like Davids, Van Nilsterroy, MacKaay, etc... are really good players...

On paper, the dutch national team should be in the top 5 ... behind Argentina, Brazil, France, England

Nymeria
02-20-2003, 08:13 AM
Oh, ofcourse, I forgot, I like Van Nistelrooy too, he's very good, and I think very nice.
I don't know why I don't like the other Dutch team players, they are good, but I don't like them very much.
Yeah, Holland is a good team, and it was sad when they didn't go to the world championship last year :sad:

Awesome4hand
02-20-2003, 08:27 AM
Van Nistelrooy is in my opinion the form striker in Europe at present.... he scores crucial goals...

Awesome4hand
02-20-2003, 08:28 AM
what time is it in Rotterdam? is the tennis starting yet?

ILR
02-20-2003, 06:15 PM
I like Milan also awesome4hand :D but I think that Henry is the striker at the moment

ILR
02-20-2003, 09:05 PM
OK I changed my mind :D Sami Hyypia is THE striker at the moment!:p:bounce: gotta love him!:D

Goonergal
02-21-2003, 07:01 AM
but I think that Henry is the striker at the moment

You know it :p

OK I changed my mind Sami Hyypia is THE striker at the moment! gotta love him!

You're dreaming :p

Nice to see you her Yvonne! and Awesome4Hand :wavey:

ILR
02-21-2003, 12:23 PM
pffft Im not dreaming :p Ok Thierry followed closely by Sami ;)

Awesome4hand
02-22-2003, 06:31 AM
Henry is defintely a very good striker.... he creates sth out of nothing... he's not a striker... he's a magician...

Van Nistelrooy is more your classic striker...he plays like a striker.. whereas Henry scores more of his goals running thru the midfield...

In any case ...I dun mind if Arsenal, Newcastle, Chelsea... can win the premiership....as long as it's not Man U...

JelenaDokicIsHot
02-22-2003, 10:07 AM
pffft Im not dreaming :p Ok Thierry followed closely by Sami ;)

:o We can't get away from Sami :o you know Geremi is the best free kick taker :) Sami with the assist :o :p

Goonergal
02-22-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Awesome4hand
Henry is defintely a very good striker.... he creates sth out of nothing... he's not a striker... he's a magician...

Van Nistelrooy is more your classic striker...he plays like a striker.. whereas Henry scores more of his goals running thru the midfield...

In any case ...I dun mind if Arsenal, Newcastle, Chelsea... can win the premiership....as long as it's not Man U...

I agree totally. RVN will always get more goals than Henry in and about the 6 yard box, as he has more of a poacher's mentality than Henry does, but as you said Thierry can score goals out of absoultely nothing and he can score form a more wide variety of positions than RVN. Also RVN relies a lot more on assists form Beckham and co, whereas Henry can do more for himself.

Bolton lead Man U :D

N'gotty (62) Yahoo hold on Bolton :D :p

ILR
02-22-2003, 12:32 PM
Leave me alone David :o:p and I didnt realise Bolton were winning :D:bounce:

JelenaDokicIsHot
02-22-2003, 12:51 PM
Never 'IluvRogi' :o, u were born to be teased:o

ILR
02-22-2003, 12:52 PM
:sad: :p ah so I'll never be able to hide?

Goonergal
02-22-2003, 12:53 PM
wtf is that in your avatar Em :p Where's the greasy hair :eek: :p

Goonergal
02-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Always the effin same :rolleyes:

Solskjaer equalises in injury time :rolleyes:

JelenaDokicIsHot
02-22-2003, 01:04 PM
Boro @ Scumderland :o

Please don't lose

ILR
02-22-2003, 01:06 PM
oh I know Cilla,but I kinda liked that pic ;)

and I just saw the stuffy get score on 90 minutes :mad: but at least they didnt win :p

Goonergal
02-22-2003, 01:09 PM
and I just saw the stuffy get score on 90 minutes :mad: but at least they didnt win :p

True :p but knowing Arsenal like I do they'll drop points to Man City too :p

I want Sunderland to go down *yawn* they're boring epitomised by a boring manager *yawn*

:p

ILR
02-22-2003, 01:11 PM
we can only hope you drop points to City :p

mmmm Sunderland must be the only team who are as boring as us!:p:o

Goonergal
02-22-2003, 01:23 PM
mmmm Sunderland must be the only team who are as boring as us!:p:o

LMFAO :D :p

I'm off for a bit but prolly be back later :p :wavey:

ILR
02-22-2003, 01:28 PM
OK cya in a bit maybe :wavey:

proteus
02-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Lleyton's_Chick
True :p but knowing Arsenal like I do they'll drop points to Man City too :p
:p ;) :bounce: :D

ILR
02-22-2003, 07:09 PM
points well and truly dropped there Cilla :p

Goonergal
02-22-2003, 09:19 PM
points well and truly dropped there Cilla :p

Well this is a case where I'm ecstatic they rammed my own words down my throat :D :p

I was gonna come in here and quote myself :p but I couldn't get into the thread :rolleyes: (Thanks Proteus for saving me the trub ;) :p)

We're on Fire :fiery: :p :bounce:

Barcelona :bounce: :bounce: Haha sorry Em :p :D

ILR
02-22-2003, 09:21 PM
bet you are ;) even you didnt expect such a good result and thats saying something :p

oh boy that was kinda embarrassing :p Barca needed a good result sooner or later and against who?typical :(:rolleyes:

Goonergal
02-22-2003, 09:37 PM
bet you are ;) even you didnt expect such a good result and thats saying something :p

oh boy that was kinda embarrassing :p Barca needed a good result sooner or later and against who?typical :(:rolleyes:

Nup, My boys exceeded my own expectations :p I mean 4-0 up in the 1st 19 mins :eek: I was like wtf is going on :p

Joaquin deserved to lose just for wearing those dreadful bright orange nike boots :p

:bounce: Saviola :bounce:

The Premiership :D Can't wait to see our goals :D :bounce:

ILR
02-22-2003, 09:41 PM
I know 4-0 :eek: omg thats just too good really.:o

leave Joaquin alone!:(:p its not his fault he has to wear those boots ;)

*sigh* time to watch Gooners run wild on poor city. :(

ILR
02-22-2003, 09:54 PM
bloody hell even Vieira scored :p:o:eek:

Awesome4hand
02-22-2003, 10:00 PM
Yippee!! Man U lost 2 points ... Arsenal has a 5 point break on them now...

ANY1 but MAN U......

Goonergal
02-22-2003, 10:01 PM
I know 4-0 :eek: omg thats just too good really.:o

leave Joaquin alone!:(:p its not his fault he has to wear those boots ;)

*sigh* time to watch Gooners run wild on poor city. :(

Whatever :p Shame on Joaquin :p

:D

bloody hell even Vieira scored

I know :eek: Shocking :eek: :p Poor Dunne :o All 3 1st goals his fault to a certain degree, it was embarassingly easy :o :p

ILR
02-22-2003, 10:04 PM
indeed awesome4hand,anyone but Man U :D

yeah leave his boots alone :p I know you want them really ;)

and Vieira scoring,talk about rare :o Dunne was really bad,how embarrassing

Awesome4hand
02-24-2003, 08:56 AM
Bloody hell!! Liverpool lost again... when are they going to ever be friggin' consistent.... ?

ILR
02-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Bloody hell!! Liverpool lost again... when are they going to ever be friggin' consistent.... ?

:sad::sad: Had no ideas when we got past the half way line yet again.All I can say is we were saving all our best stuff for Sunday :p but still Birmingham City :rolleyes: thats just not good enough.Damn that Clinton Morrison!:mad:

Goonergal
02-24-2003, 11:52 PM
Pool are consistent.....consistently crap :p

Awesome4hand
02-25-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Lleyton's_Chick
Pool are consistent.....consistently crap :p

I have to disagree with you there...
I know they can be crap sometimes... but when they are good... they are brilliant!!!...

Remember 2001? Worthington Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Cup and they beat (Bayern Munich or Real Madrid..can't remember exactly) in that cup b/w UEFA cup winner and Champions league winner...

They just need to get back to basic...

Goonergal
02-25-2003, 11:56 AM
lol, I know :p I'm just teasing Emma ;)

ILR
02-25-2003, 04:22 PM
;) no probs Cilla :p

Awesome4hand
02-26-2003, 12:50 AM
IluvRogi, your name is Emma?

anyway... Milan are through to the QF... yippee!!!
hopefully they can knock Madrid out in March... :)

ILR
02-26-2003, 03:21 PM
IluvRogi, your name is Emma?

anyway... Milan are through to the QF... yippee!!!
hopefully they can knock Madrid out in March... :)

yeah thats me. :) Cilla likes winding me up :p (Lleytons chick = Cilla btw)

and I know they won last night I never saw the goal but Rivaldo scored from a penalty and they are through :)

bluepastures
02-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Sad news from Spain. Atletico Madrid's Argentinian goalkeeper German Burgos will need urgent surgery after a tumour was discovered in his kidney. In a horrible coincidence, their former keeper, Spanish international Molina has also been suffering from cancer.

Awesome4hand
03-01-2003, 12:23 AM
yeah thats me. :) Cilla likes winding me up :p (Lleytons chick = Cilla btw)

and I know they won last night I never saw the goal but Rivaldo scored from a penalty and they are through :)

Hi Emma and Cilla :)

Liverpool is still in Europe, thankfully. They come up againts Celtic in the last 8... it's unfortunate that it had to be Celtic.. I like Celtic...

Do you think Milan will win the scudetto this year? They are a bit like Liverpool...play well against the better teams.. drop points against cellar-dwellers...

I pray that they progress in the Champions League.... any1 but Man U (can't believe they beat Juve both legs...5-0)... bloody hell!!! .. At least they're out of the FA Cup... I'll commit suicide if they do another double... (league and chamions cup)..

Pool might win a silverware this year... the Worthington Cup... if that's any consolation for dropping out of FA and Champions League...

Anyway... Go MILAN.. Go LIVERPOOL

ILR
03-01-2003, 11:58 AM
Hi Awesome4hand.:)

Celtic well at least they wont have Henrik Larsson!It should be a good match but I think we can win it.:)

I think Milan certainly have a good chance of winning it because its still so close at the top and anything can happen.

Man U will win nothing this year!:D*prays* Id love to see them empty handed again.And dont forget the 1 goal Nedved scored Man U beat Juve 5-1 if it was an aggregate score.;)

As for consolation,Im not sure if its that but if we beat the Manc's it will be sure sweet!:D

ILR
03-02-2003, 07:43 PM
:D no cup for the manxs!:p how sweet was that they leave Cardiff emtpy handed!:D I cant wait until tomorrow.Congrats to Dudek been a fan of him ever since he came here I was so happy for him :) I like this piccie too.

MrJ
03-07-2003, 01:43 PM
*yawn

What has this world come to when a liverpool supporter is wildly celebrating a Worthless Cup triumph!!

VERY SAD!!! :angel:

Goonergal
08-06-2003, 07:05 PM
The new season is nearly upon us :bounce:

I for one cannot wait :devil: Arsenal will be the underdogs this year which is just the way I like it ;)

Goonergal
08-06-2003, 07:05 PM
*yawn

What has this world come to when a liverpool supporter is wildly celebrating a Worthless Cup triumph!!

VERY SAD!!! :angel:

:lol: :p

ILR
08-07-2003, 02:44 PM
well it was the only bloody thing we had to celebrate all year :sad: looking forward to this season and stop laughing Cilla :p

Goonergal
08-07-2003, 03:44 PM
well it was the only bloody thing we had to celebrate all year :sad: looking forward to this season and stop laughing Cilla :p

I'm trying, but I can't seem to stop myself :haha:

ILR
08-08-2003, 09:26 PM
fair enough but I know you love me really :kiss: :p btw do us a favour and hammer those arrogant bastards from Manchester on Sunday. Thanks ;)