Who has it worse? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who has it worse?

DJ Soup
04-16-2010, 05:15 AM
in the last few months Andy Murray has lost early in the first 3 Masters 1000 of the season.
His game seems to be nowhere it was before.
Lack of confidence, tactical confusion, kim, anger with the world, boredom, you name it. Something is eating him and is shown in his tennis.
But at least he is playing ball.

On the other hand we have Juan Martin del Potro.
Since AO he hasn't played a single game.
His tendonitis in his wrist is frustrating and taking time to recover.
He lacks tennis matches and that will affect his game as he is a momentum building kind of player, and by starting halfway the clay season, it might not give him enough preparation for playing a Slam he has a SF to defend.

Murray needs some mental clicking.
Delpo needs to hone his fitness and gain back his confidence on his forehand soon and fast to defend his points.

So, which of these players do you think are in a worse situation?

Fiberlight1
04-16-2010, 05:17 AM
Murray.. Del Po has a slam and that's the ideal goal of alot of tennis professionals.. Of course he wants more.. but Andy Murray could easily retire slamless..

The more slams he loses, the more pressure he'll put on himself.. also Britain's pressure doesn't help in the slightest.

coonster14
04-16-2010, 05:40 AM
Murray, the way he has played so far since he lost that AO final has been worrying to say the least. not a fan of the guy, but surely i thought he would not be playing this bad. something is really bugging him, and he should do whatever it takes to get it out of him and move on (of course, easier said than done).

del potro will be fine, he has a slam under his belt and shown that he is mentally tough (beat both nadal and federer in the same slam, if that aint mental toughness, then i dunno what it is :shrug:), not expecting much out of del potro for the clay season, i look forward to how he goes from the US summer hardcourt season.

andy neyer
04-16-2010, 05:47 AM
It's funny that DelPo is going to surpass Nadal in the rankings in spite of the fact that DelPo hasn't played an ATP match in months... It tells you how bad Murray is at the moment.

To answer your question, I think Murray has had it worse. He seems to have lost his mental focus and that might be worse than having an physical injury. I expect DelPo to come back with hunger of success but I can't quite say the same of Murray, at least not before RG. Maybe Wimby will cheer him up.

Roddickominator
04-16-2010, 06:14 AM
Murray has it worse. I think he really gave his all in preparation for the AO, and came up just short again in a Slam final to Federer. Federer has ruined many players on tour to be honest. It clearly took a lot of wind out of his sail.

Murray just has to move past it and regain his focus, keep working hard and improve his game.

I think Del Potro is gonna be fine if the wrist thing isn't a chronic condition.

Roger FF
04-16-2010, 07:15 AM
This is as simple as 2+2. Murray will bounce back in no time to win either Wim or the USO. Del Puta is done for good. I mean even injuries free his tennis is just NOT enough to deal with the masters like Fed and Murray. Ciao, Potro, you semi-slam wonder mug!:wavey::lol:

christallh24
04-16-2010, 07:22 AM
:retard:

At least Del Potro has a slam. Andy is the only one of the top five that don't.

GasquetFan
04-16-2010, 07:35 AM
I say JMDP.
Atleast Andy has the power to get back on track at the moment because it is obviously a mental thing.
Juan Martin can't do anything but wait.

Goldenoldie
04-16-2010, 07:54 AM
I am willing to bet that each of them would change places with the other, apart from Del Potro keeping his slam of course.

People with mental problems tend to envy those whose problems are only physical, and vice wersa.

Good idea for a thread though.

dodo
04-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Murray, obviously. The worst that could happen to JMDP after coming back from a long break, is to play as shit as Muuray. Murray is already living his worst case scenario.

Persimmon
04-16-2010, 05:36 PM
in the last few months Andy Murray has lost early in the first 3 Masters 1000 of the season.
Lack of confidence, tactical confusion, kim, anger with the world, boredom, you name it. Something is eating him and is shown in his tennis.

He lacks tennis matches and that will affect his game as he is a momentum building kind of player, and by starting halfway the clay season, it might not give him enough preparation for playing a Slam he has a SF to defend.

Delpo needs to hone his fitness and gain back his confidence on his forehand soon and fast to defend his points.

Del Potro. Nothing is worse than chronic injury.

Aaric
04-16-2010, 07:15 PM

That is exactly how his game is, nobody can fix that :yawn: