How many Monte Carlo + Barcelona titles will Nadal win? And how many Roland Garros? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How many Monte Carlo + Barcelona titles will Nadal win? And how many Roland Garros?

NADALbULLS
04-15-2010, 01:42 PM
How many will he win of each? Which clay suits him the most?

born_on_clay
04-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Monte Carlo suits his the most but has stronger field then Barcelona so it's hard to say
Roland Garros is a grand slam so it's another story

I'll go with:

Monte Carlo - 6
Barcelona - 7
Roland Garros - 6

Roamed
04-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Monte Carlo: 7
Barcelona: 8
Roland Garros: 6

Potentially.

bokehlicious
Nadal forum

TennisOnWood
MC - 8
Barca - 9
RG - 7

NADALbULLS
04-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Nadal forum

Cool you can shift it to Nadal forum, and shift any Federer/Murray threads to the Federer/Murray forums don't forget while you are at it.

born_on_clay
04-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Antonius is a hater

Cool down :haha:

Persimmon
04-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Monte Carlo: 6

Barcelona: 6

:devil:

NADALbULLS
04-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Monte Carlo: 6

Barcelona: 6

:devil:

I think 6-6-6 is the Devil's area code, that would be ironic if Nadal won 6 of each. Actually its a good idea, would look good on paper.

gorgo1986
04-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Monte Carlo: 8
Barcelona: 9
Roland Garros: 8

Call me crazy but I do not see any good players on clay, especially after Roger is gone. If Nadal stays healthy he will win at least 4 more. I say Rafa ends up with

Australian Open: 2
Wimbledon: 3
US Open: 1

Rafa will end his career with 14/15 Slams.

I think Roger will end up with 19/20 Slams.

I just do not see Murray being a slam factor ever. Del Potro should win his fair share of Slams. And Nole should win at least 2/3 more slams.

Fedicilous
04-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Heh, victories over 2 waiters already increased the level of speculations.

bokehlicious
04-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Cool you can shift it to Nadal forum, and shift any Federer/Murray threads to the Federer/Murray forums don't forget while you are at it.

Don't forget to start a thread in GM next time Rafito breaks a nail ;)

NADALbULLS
04-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Heh, victories over 2 waiters already increased the level of speculations.

Nadal didn't look convincing last year on clay, had a lot of marathons even against scrubs. Quite a different look now.

bokehlicious
04-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Nadal didn't look convincing last year on clay, had a lot of marathons even against scrubs. Quite a different look now.

He just beat two challenger players on his beloved surface, don't get over yourself and don't read too much into this :o :hug:

NADALbULLS
04-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Don't forget to start a thread in GM next time Rafito breaks a nail ;)

I don't care about nails, even my own I wouldn't care if they were ripped off.

Fedicilous
04-15-2010, 02:13 PM
ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Madrid

R64 Bye N/A W
R32 Jurgen Melzer (AUT) 27 W 6-3, 6-1
R16 Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER) 35 W W/O

ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Rome

R64 Bye N/A W
R32 Andreas Seppi (ITA) 37 W 6-2, 6-3 Stats
R16 Robin Soderling (SWE) 27 W 6-1, 6-0 Stats

Barcelona

R64 Bye
R32 Frederico Gil (POR) 75 W 6-2, 6-2
R16 Christophe Rochus (BEL) 61 W 6-2, 6-0

ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Monte Carlo

R64 Bye
R32 Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) 167 W 6-2, 6-3
R16 Nicolas Lapentti (ECU) 98 W 6-3, 6-0

Exhausting, indeed.

christallh24
04-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Alot more, I hope.

marcRD
04-15-2010, 02:20 PM

Call me crazy but I do not see any good players on clay, especially after Roger is gone. If Nadal stays healthy he will win at least 4 more. I say Rafa ends up with

Australian Open: 2
Wimbledon: 3
US Open: 1

Rafa will end his career with 14/15 Slams.

I think Roger will end up with 19/20 Slams.

I just do not see Murray being a slam factor ever. Del Potro should win his fair share of Slams. And Nole should win at least 2/3 more slams.

Daydreaming does you no good, it would be a minor miracle for Nadal to win another hardcourt slam and another Wimbledon while possible really is unlikely.

NADALbULLS
04-15-2010, 02:22 PM
He just beat two challenger players on his beloved surface, don't get over yourself and don't read too much into this :o :hug:

Took 86, 92 and 73 minutes in his first 3 rounds of monte carlo last year, and only had ONE bagel set and no breadsticks in those 3 matches.

In Barcelona his first 3 matches were 90, 56, and walkover(nalbandian), and again only ONE bagel and no breadsticks.

Not that stats matter, just looks more dominant this time, hitting less errors, better court movement.

andy neyer
04-15-2010, 02:23 PM
8 MC

9 Barcelona

7 RG

NADALbULLS
04-15-2010, 02:24 PM
ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Madrid

R64 Bye N/A W
R32 Jurgen Melzer (AUT) 27 W 6-3, 6-1
R16 Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER) 35 W W/O

ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Rome

R64 Bye N/A W
R32 Andreas Seppi (ITA) 37 W 6-2, 6-3 Stats
R16 Robin Soderling (SWE) 27 W 6-1, 6-0 Stats

Barcelona

R64 Bye
R32 Frederico Gil (POR) 75 W 6-2, 6-2
R16 Christophe Rochus (BEL) 61 W 6-2, 6-0

ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Monte Carlo

R64 Bye
R32 Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) 167 W 6-2, 6-3
R16 Nicolas Lapentti (ECU) 98 W 6-3, 6-0

Exhausting, indeed.

The tendinitis flared in Florida last year on the hardcourts (as always), so anything was exhausting after that.

gorgo1986
04-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Daydreaming does you no good, it would be a minor miracle for Nadal to win another hardcourt slam and another Wimbledon while possible really is unlikely.

That is your opinion and its subjective. Rafa is only 24 and he has proven himself to be the best grass court player after Roger. 2 Finals and 1 Win. If it was not for Roger, Nadal would have already probably had 3 titles at Wimbledon. I am sure he can add one more US OPEN and at least 1 more Australian Open to his count since even at his worst he still makes the semifinals.

Nole and Andy are the same age as him yet they are way behind. Rafa's biggest threat would be Del Potro and just like Rafa he has his fair share of injury problems.

marcRD
04-15-2010, 02:51 PM
That is your opinion and its subjective. Rafa is only 24 and he has proven himself to be the best grass court player after Roger. 2 Finals and 1 Win. If it was not for Roger, Nadal would have already probably had 3 titles at Wimbledon. I am sure he can add one more US OPEN and at least 1 more Australian Open to his count since even at his worst he still makes the semifinals.

Nole and Andy are the same age as him yet they are way behind. Rafa's biggest threat would be Del Potro and just like Rafa he has his fair share of injury problems.

He wasnt at his worst when he didnt make semis in Australian Open this year.

He has to avoid alot of players to win a hardcourt slam, that would be Djokovic, Murray and Del Potro who are all major favorites (75-90% to defeat him) to win against him on hardcourts but also Davydenko, Söderling, Roddick, Cilic and others who probably count as favorites against Rafa on hardcourt. His knees will also be in a bad shape at the end of every hardcourt tournament from now on.

Wimbledon may be better but still he wont reach the heights from 2008 which will be needed to beat Federer there, Roddick and Murray will be hurdles for Nadal aswell and his knees wont be in good shape after the long clay season building up to Wimbledon, even if natural surfaces will do better for his knee.

Start da Game
04-15-2010, 02:59 PM
montecarlo - 8

barcelona - 7

rome - 6

french open - 8

stop him if you can.......

Fedicilous
04-15-2010, 03:00 PM
I don't need to, his knees will do it for me.

Start da Game
04-15-2010, 03:11 PM
keep talking the knee........it's as usual business every year on clay........at this rate your wish will never be fulfilled........

Roger FF
04-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Only time will tell. Time will say its final word, soon.:awww:

tyruk14
04-15-2010, 04:02 PM

The stuff in bold is correct. Many people are prone to forget this.

gorgo1986
04-15-2010, 04:57 PM
He wasnt at his worst when he didnt make semis in Australian Open this year.

He has to avoid alot of players to win a hardcourt slam, that would be Djokovic, Murray and Del Potro who are all major favorites (75-90% to defeat him) to win against him on hardcourts but also Davydenko, Söderling, Roddick, Cilic and others who probably count as favorites against Rafa on hardcourt. His knees will also be in a bad shape at the end of every hardcourt tournament from now on.

Wimbledon may be better but still he wont reach the heights from 2008 which will be needed to beat Federer there, Roddick and Murray will be hurdles for Nadal aswell and his knees wont be in good shape after the long clay season building up to Wimbledon, even if natural surfaces will do better for his knee.

I was talking about US Open 2009 where he still made the semifinals despite just coming off an injury. I would not worry all that much about Murray since he can't even win a match. As for Davydenko and Roddick they are both significantly older than Rafa and not getting any younger. I do not see Roddick or Davydenko beating Rafa in a 5 set match at a grand slam, has not happened in six years(Rafa has only lost to Roddick at 2004 US Open) and will not ever happen. How many times have Murray or Nole beaten Rafa at a grand slam. It does not happen very often, half the time they have played on Hard/Grass, Rafa has beaten them. Cilic???? Give me a break, he has not proven himself, he will have trouble making the second week let alone beating Rafa consistently. Soderling has gotten in Rafa's head but lets not forget about players like Blake and Berdych from the past who also had Rafa's number yet now they can't even manage winning a set. The real threats for Rafa on Hard courts in a grand slam are Del Potro, Djokovic(when he is not a mental midget which at grand slams is 80% of the time.), Federer, and once in a while Murray(but lets face it mentally he is always a mess). If Rafa plays well he can still beat them. Over the past 11 months his biggest problem has been confidence. In Dubai he led VS Davydenko and lost, in Indian Wells he led VS Ljubo and he choked, at Miami he had his chances VS Roddick and his game fell apart. Its all confidence now, Rafael Nadal is back to his best physically but mentally he still needs work, over the past weeks little by little he has gotten his confidence back and the Clay season will help him get there. You talk about Rafa not having what it takes on Hard, Grass, etc. but he has better results than the likes of Murray, Djokovic, Davydenko, and Soderling combined. Rafa just made two back to back semis at two of the biggest hard court events of the year(losing both matches in 3 sets despite having his chances). Djokovic and Murray are having trouble getting trough to the 1st round.:o, so before worrying about Rafa, I gather they need to beat the likes of Rochus or Fish.

NADALbULLS
04-15-2010, 07:17 PM
The gap between nadal/federer/roddick and the rest of the atp is pretty big on grass. One of those 3 will win Wimbledon every year and Roddick is quite unlikely but I'm putting him in the group because he can take Federer to the limit. Realistically though if one of federer/nadal lose early (qf) you know that the one left over will take Wimbledon. And if FEDERER-NADAL meet in the final you know its going 5 sets unless Federer plays really error-prone groundstrokes like he did v Roddick for example.

BlueSwan
04-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Roland Garros: 7

Undisputably the king of clay!