who is the next Federer??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

who is the next Federer???

DualMedia
04-12-2010, 01:30 PM
please only name players under the age of 22.

Novak said his little brother Djordje, but I haven't seen him play. He has played, but he in the first round.

Filip Krajinovic- great player for his age, give him a few years, he may be a top player.

Bernard tomic- he is a pusher, but he is leading his generation.

Ryan Harrison- he is going to be the next #1 in america

any more!!

.-Federers_Mate-.
04-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Bernard Tomic. Btw hes no pusher :(

Certinfy
04-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Filip Krajinovic :)

madmax
04-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Could be Berankis, if he stays injury free

MacTheKnife
04-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Haven't seen one. Probably still in diapers at the moment.

DualMedia
04-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Haven't seen one. Probably still in diapers at the moment.:haha: :haha:

Rafter_forever
04-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Del Potro, Dimitrov, Tomic, Krajinovic or Harrison.

james82
04-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Tomic has all the skills to be good ,i just dont think he will be Federer good

Roamed
04-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Are we talking about the best of the next era or the next GOAT contender? Mind you the media will probably make them out to be the same thing.

osalsyst
04-12-2010, 01:53 PM

Persimmon
04-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Haven't seen one. Probably still in diapers at the moment.

This.

Vida
04-12-2010, 02:25 PM
it was all arranged in basel last year over pancakes.

Noleta
04-12-2010, 02:28 PM
There is only one Roger Federer.

partygirl
04-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Nevaaah!!

habibko
04-12-2010, 03:51 PM

this.

Smoke944
04-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Can we stop DualMedia from making new topics? Please?

JeffCandoi
04-12-2010, 03:57 PM
c'mon.. I dont wanna read this joke about Dimitrov again :zzz:

Start da Game
04-12-2010, 04:02 PM
you mean the next one who will be pwned by his biggest rival?

Black Adam
04-12-2010, 04:07 PM
There's no next Federer, but there will be a better and more dominant player.

Good thing he's not born yet and will be part of a later generation which is good because some of the Fedtards won't be able to watch their Hero's records tumble one after the other.

MacTheKnife
04-12-2010, 04:12 PM

I think they mean the next one that will get close to or exceed 16 slams. The one that has not been born yet. ;)

TheWall
04-12-2010, 04:36 PM

Good thing he's not born yet and will be part of a later generation which is good because some of the Fedtards won't be able to watch their Hero's records tumble one after the other.
I hope that this next Federer will have his Roddick, 19-2 is still way too close :p

coffeenomore
04-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Tennis has reached its absolute peak in Federer's era and will never ever be as close to the sun as it is now. There will never be new Federer. Appreciate these days, if you really respect this sport. EOD.

andy neyer
04-12-2010, 04:57 PM

One day some of the Fedtards will act like the Samprastards today.

yellowboy906
04-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Del Potro, Dimitrov, Tomic, Krajinovic or Harrison.

lol, del pussy is just a mindless ball basher. he can definitely still win slams cause he hits the ball so hard. but other than his hard hitting skill, this guy has no tennis talents.

Start da Game
04-12-2010, 05:11 PM
I think they mean the next one that will get close to or exceed 16 slams. The one that has not been born yet. ;)

how are you so sure?

ReturnWinner
04-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Nobody

Lleyton_
04-12-2010, 05:15 PM
how are you so sure?

It's not Nadal if that's what you're implying :lol:

Orka_n
04-12-2010, 05:56 PM
how are you so sure?You're right. Nadal only needs to travel to another solar system, collect a metal unknown to earth, come back, find the best blacksmith in the west, and force him to create indestructible replacement-knees of the new metal Rafa discovered.

And then 17 majors is a piece of cake.

navy75
04-12-2010, 06:22 PM
None of the above. In a few years' time we'll start seeing a lot of long shots winning Grand Slams that will hearken back to the time of Johansson winning the Aussie, A Costa winning the French, etc. The quality of play and the players involved in the game have been simply spectacular for the last several years, yet half of the youngins on this forum complain left and right. They simply don't know how good they've got it.

madmax
04-12-2010, 06:23 PM
you must surely be a retard.......

a pot calling a kettle black?:wavey:

Start da Game
04-12-2010, 06:30 PM
a pot calling a kettle black?:wavey:

double account of orka_n........the only objective being hating nadal and his fans........

Certinfy
04-12-2010, 06:31 PM
According to Start da Game it's Nadal :o

TennisOnWood
04-12-2010, 06:32 PM
please only name players under the age of 22.

Novak said his little brother Djordje, but I haven't seen him play. He has played, but he in the first round.

Filip Krajinovic- great player for his age, give him a few years, he may be a top player.

Bernard tomic- he is a pusher, but he is leading his generation.

Ryan Harrison- he is going to be the next #1 in america

any more!!

It is great to be 18 and to play 2 ATP matches?

marcRD
04-12-2010, 06:39 PM
The real next Federer is to be born sometime in the 2nd half of this century or later, or that is what my odds tell me. I cant quite decide if Federer is a once in 50 years player or a once in a 100 years player, that will depend on his results the next 5 years. I think the odds for me to see another Federer in my lifetime is around 50%.

scarecrows
04-12-2010, 06:46 PM

how's this good for you? you'd love to see Fed's records being shattered

andy neyer
04-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Nadaltards seem be outnumbered here. However, Start da Game is a powerful force.

r2473
04-12-2010, 07:03 PM
who is the next Federer?

I thought the OP was asking when Mirka was going to be pregnant again.

Midnight Ninja
04-12-2010, 07:12 PM
If we look at the past it isn't improbable to say that someone will break Federers record. We had Laver, then Borg, then Sampras, then Federer almost in succession. I won't be surprised at all if his records are broken by 2025-2030. My only wish is it isn't a ball basher or a moonballer but an aggressive and tactical player.

Kraxths
04-12-2010, 07:16 PM
next Federer ? Mirka is pregnant again ?

vn01
04-12-2010, 07:25 PM
There won't be "next Federer"
But the next dominants should be Grisho,Tomic,Berankis.
Grisho has the game,but he didn't make anything big last year.To the end of 2010,he will be in Top 150,or even Top 100
Tomic has a great potential.He showed it in Melbourne against Cilic.He should start playing more CHs.I like him
Berankis also has very big potential,but not bigger that Bernard's.Although,I like Berankis more than Tomic

Krajinovic and Harisson also are able to be Top 10 players.Kontinen and Janovicz too,but I won't rely on them.
So,in total,in 2014,in Top 5 I see:
Grigor Dimitrov
Bernard Tomic
Rikardas Berankis
Filip Krajinovic
Ryan Harrisson

tennis2tennis
04-12-2010, 07:34 PM
You're right. Nadal only needs to travel to another solar system, collect a metal unknown to earth, come back, find the best blacksmith in the west, and force him to create indestructible replacement-knees of the new metal Rafa discovered.

:worship:

vn01
04-12-2010, 07:39 PM
And I have heard good things for Daniel Berta,but I don't know his game

Black Adam
04-12-2010, 07:49 PM
how's this good for you? you'd love to see Fed's records being shattered

Yes but i worry for the possible depression my fedtard friends might in through.

Arkulari
04-12-2010, 07:52 PM
people here are so :lol:

there is no next Federer, same as there wasn't a next Laver, a next Sampras, etc

each GREAT player is so unique, no one can duplicate exactly what they did, some will come close but the style is not something that can be copied ;)

now, in terms of achievements? of course someone will break Roger's records somewhere in the future, we just can't know when

Pirata.
04-12-2010, 08:07 PM
there is no next Federer, same as there wasn't a next Laver, a next Sampras, etc

each GREAT player is so unique, no one can duplicate exactly what they did, some will come close but the style is not something that can be copied ;)

:worship:

andy neyer
04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Start da Game will be the next Federer.

born_on_clay
04-12-2010, 10:07 PM

affirmative

luie
04-12-2010, 11:52 PM
You're right. Nadal only needs to travel to another solar system, collect a metal unknown to earth, come back, find the best blacksmith in the west, and force him to create indestructible replacement-knees of the new metal Rafa discovered.

Negative ,nadull extreme grinding & moonballing will turn that metal to dust.:sad: Even so he will still trail the H2H off clay.
Because moonballism is at its best on ,clay off clay that metal knee,moonballism is useless.

Bilbo
04-13-2010, 12:08 AM
the next player who is as good as federer is not born yet imo. so how can we know who it is?

ryan23
04-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Spot on Bilbo

Hewitt =Legend
04-13-2010, 12:35 AM
Jan Silva, theseth and DualMedia.

octatennis
04-13-2010, 01:18 AM
richard gasquet and donald young.

octatennis
04-13-2010, 01:24 AM
If we look at the past it isn't improbable to say that someone will break Federers record. We had Laver, then Borg, then Sampras, then Federer almost in succession. I won't be surprised at all if his records are broken by 2025-2030. My only wish is it isn't a ball basher or a moonballer but an aggressive and tactical player.

we wont have another nalbandian.

emotion
04-13-2010, 01:33 AM
There will never be another Federer. The next #1 is Novak Djokovic

SetSampras
04-13-2010, 01:43 AM
Federer is Federer.. Someone will come along more dominant especially over his rival/s. Federer couldnt dominate or get the advantage over his rival. As far as slam counts are concerned.. Officially fed has 16.. Unofficially Rosewall has more slams..

barbadosan
04-13-2010, 02:27 AM
Federer is Federer.. Someone will come along more dominant especially over his rival/s. Federer couldnt dominate or get the advantage over his rival. As far as slam counts are concerned.. Officially fed has 16.. Unofficially Rosewall has more slams..

So you're saying Federer had only one rival? Who did he play in all those hundreds of games then? I guess there was nobody on the other side of the net, eh? Oh wait, as long as Federer was dominant over another player, that player is automatically discounted as a rival. Oh goodness gracious!

wackykid
04-13-2010, 02:29 AM
the next baby who is born whose father's family name is "federer" will be the next federer of cos... whether he can play tennis is another matter...

but if you are talking about the next tennis player who can be as dominant and successful as federer... in the current tour... nobody...

regards,
wacky

Macbrother
04-13-2010, 02:35 AM

Roger Federer went 247-15 in arguably the greatest 3 year stretch of any tennis player in history. Good luck, anyone, attaining that level.

crude oil
04-13-2010, 02:42 AM

too bad nobody is asking who is the next sampras. maybe its cos we found it out that petey was just a once in 10 years player.

LAWL!

andy neyer
04-13-2010, 02:42 AM
Roger Federer went 247-15 in arguably the greatest 3 year stretch of any tennis player in history. Good luck, anyone, attaining that level.

2004-2006 Federer was 'something' simply out of this world.

I can expect someone getting 16 GS and win more titles but to achieve such a big level of domination in an extensive time period is something close to impossible. Nowadays Federer isn't that good... Who knows what the future will bring.

Sunset of Age
04-13-2010, 05:09 AM
too bad nobody is asking who is the next sampras. maybe its cos we found it out that petey was just a once in 10 years player.

LAWL!

:rolls: Too bad, SetSampras, it's the truth. :hug:

Jimnik
04-13-2010, 05:20 AM
Forget Nadal.

But Roddick still has time to win 15 more slams.

NYCtennisfan
04-13-2010, 05:44 AM

Indeed. I have no doubt that there will be another player sooner or later who will be a better overall player with a more dominant game. I think it's only a matter of time before we get a 6'5" or 6'6"+ freak athlete who also has great strokes, timing, and feel.

That being said, it's another thing altogether to be a player more dominant over the field than Federer has been. 237 weeks in a row at #1, making all 4 slam finals in three different years, winning 16 slams in 8 years, winning 3 slams in a season 3 different times, the winning streaks in finals and over top 10 competition, the SF's in a row, 18 of 19 slam finals, not being defeated in straight sets in any match for more than two and a half years, the overall 247-15 record you cite....and on and on and on. It will be very difficult for one player to match all of these records no matter how good their game will be.

Jimnik
04-13-2010, 05:52 AM
Indeed. I have no doubt that there will be another player sooner or later who will be a better overall player with a more dominant game. I think it's only a matter of time before we get a 6'5" or 6'6"+ freak athlete who also has great strokes, timing, and feel.

That being said, it's another thing altogether to be a player more dominant over the field than Federer has been. 237 weeks in a row at #1, making all 4 slam finals in three different years, winning 16 slams in 8 years, winning 3 slams in a season 3 different times, the winning streaks in finals and over top 10 competition, the SF's in a row, 18 of 19 slam finals, not being defeated in straight sets in any match for more than two and a half years, the overall 247-15 record you cite....and on and on and on. It will be very difficult for one player to match all of these records no matter how good their game will be.
Those will stand for eternity. Totally out of this world.

To put it in perspective, Sampras never made more than 3 successive SFs in a row.

Lendl's consistency was already a one in 50 year occurrence and Federer dwarfs it.

Start da Game
04-13-2010, 06:14 AM
MTF moderation strikes again........deleting the posts of a nadal fan and letting posts like these remain........

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9807015&postcount=28

mactheknife claimed so confidently that the next fed is not yet born........i just asked him how he was so sure about it.......the above stinkweed draws his own conclusions........

Tsonganator
04-13-2010, 06:36 AM
Tsonga or Soderling seem to be the best bet.

Mimi
04-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Tsonga or Soderling seem to be the best bet.:ignore: Tsonga or Solderling the next Fed?

NYCtennisfan
04-13-2010, 07:21 AM
MTF moderation strikes again........deleting the posts of a nadal fan and letting posts like these remain........

mactheknife claimed so confidently that the next fed is not yet born........i just asked him how he was so sure about it.......the above stinkweed draws his own conclusions........

Are you speaking to me?

paseo
04-13-2010, 07:26 AM

Start Da Game, here's your reinforcement. I know you're still outnumbered, but you two are powerhouses. Destroy the FedTards!!:devil::devil:

Start da Game
04-13-2010, 07:54 AM
Are you speaking to me?

mods in general........i don't know who is deleting my posts but why only mine when i am just responding to some nonsensical claims made about me? why do the mods let free all the haters who attack nadal fans like me? djokovic fans are fast running away from GM.......

posting pics of a roasted pig and calling it nadal.......is this what we all gather here for? by not taking any action, the mods are not just ignoring them but also encouraging them to post more such stuff.......

setsampras voiced his honest opinion in this thread and i don't see anything wrong with it.......just look at the number of tards attacking him instantly.......

the agenda of haters is to engage in pissing contests, not talk tennis........if that is encouraged here, fine.......give nadal fans equal chance and ignore everyone........

andy neyer
04-13-2010, 08:04 AM
mods in general........i don't know who is deleting my posts but why only mine when i am just responding to some nonsensical claims made about me? why do the mods let free all the haters who attack nadal fans like me? djokovic fans are fast running away from GM.......

posting pics of a roasted pig and calling it nadal.......is this what we all gather here for? by not taking any action, the mods are not just ignoring them but also encouraging them to post more such stuff.......

setsampras voiced his honest opinion in this thread and i don't see anything wrong with it.......just look at the number of tards attacking him instantly.......

the agenda of haters is to engage in pissing contests, not talk tennis........if that is encouraged here, fine.......give nadal fans equal chance and ignore everyone........

Start da Game's first post in this thread:

Don't pretend that you're a white pigeon who's being irrationally attacked by the brainless Fedtard brigade. I've noticed that you're constantly making fun and attacking other players (read Federer) with the deliberate purpose of generating some type of backlash.
You know all this. Don't pretend for a second that you're above haters and tards because to be quite honest you're certainly one of them, and quite a big one in that regard.

coffeenomore
04-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Gotta love how Start da Fail blames this totally pro-Nadal forum in some sort of discrimination.:lol: If you were happen to be a real tennis fan, and continue post that nonsense that you do, you would have permabanned out of here in no time. Sadly, we have double standards here.:baby:

Mimi
04-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Gotta love how Start da Fail blames this totally pro-Nadal forum in some sort of discrimination.:lol: If you were happen to be a real tennis fan, and continue post that nonsense that you do, you would have permabanned out of here in no time. Sadly, we have double standards here.:baby:
pro-nadal forum? how long you have been here? Less than 1 month ... So many name callings and critics on Nadal: Nadull, moon-baller, won matches coz he is on steriod, faking injury....... better read more before you gave such a comment ..... :lol:

coffeenomore
04-13-2010, 09:10 AM
pro-nadal forum? how long you have been here? Less than 1 month ... So many name callings and critics on Nadal: Nadull, moon-baller, won matches coz he is on steriod, faking injury....... better read more before you gave such a comment ..... :lol:
:lol: Less than a month, yeah, how could I forget...
If you were lucky to have a brain, you would have figured out that I'm posting my quality Rafinito & MTF critical posts not that out of the blue.:D

Mimi
04-13-2010, 09:14 AM
:lol: Less than a month, yeah, how could I forget...
If you were lucky to have a brain, you would have figured out that I'm posting my quality Rafinito-critical posts not that out of the blue.:D
oh yeah, if you are so wise while I am brainless, you should have no time on posting in tennis message board but busily engaging in your big business activities :lol:

coffeenomore
04-13-2010, 09:22 AM
oh yeah, if you are so wise while I am brainless, you should have no time on posting in tennis message board but busily engaging in your big business activities :lol:
I just want this deluded forum to become a better place.:awww: A wiser one. If one reading my well-reasoned posts will reconsider his/her tennis priorities, it would worth every my costly second spent in this zoo.;)

oranges
04-13-2010, 09:24 AM
I just want this deluded forum to become a better place.:awww: A wiser one. If one reading my well-reasoned posts will reconsider his/her tennis priorities, it would worth every my costly second spent in this zoo.;)

If you quit the forum, it will be a tiny bit better.

federersforehand
04-13-2010, 09:26 AM
im guessing he wont be around for 50+ years, federer is a once in a lifetime athlete

coffeenomore
04-13-2010, 09:41 AM
If you quit the forum, it will be a tiny bit better.
How could my barely 20 posts caused you a wish for me to quit.:sad: I've been informed this one is an evil one forum, but I wouldn't have imagined it is this bad.
*Off to cry*

andy neyer
04-13-2010, 09:50 AM
I've been informed this one is an evil one forum, but I wouldn't have imagined it is this bad.
*Off to cry*

I wouldn't go as far as to call it 'evil', just very very tardwar-like.
Don't let others put you down... it's just our nature.

Orka_n
04-13-2010, 10:34 AM

mactheknife claimed so confidently that the next fed is not yet born........i just asked him how he was so sure about it.......the above stinkweed draws his own conclusions........I guess you missed that I also had one of my posts deleted, huh?
What I don't like is that you come in here trolling and when you get trolled back, you act all hurt and mistreated. :o

In other news, this thread turned awesome around page 3. Haven't seen a thread this entertaining since the World Tour Finals. :lol: Now if only Clay Death and Ichiban would enter the scene... :music:

vn01
04-13-2010, 12:02 PM
We should discuss who will be the next tennis stars.Not Federer and Nadal

SetSampras
04-13-2010, 12:13 PM
So you're saying Federer had only one rival? Who did he play in all those hundreds of games then? I guess there was nobody on the other side of the net, eh? Oh wait, as long as Federer was dominant over another player, that player is automatically discounted as a rival. Oh goodness gracious!

Only one rival worth mentioning.. Was Roddick rival worthy? LOL. 2-19 in the h2h with the incapability to win even if the match is in his hands? Thats not a rivalry thats a pathetic thrashing. Federer was already working on slam 11 or 12 by the time Djokovic came around.. Fed was already working on slam 13 when Murray came around. Hewitt was washed up by 2006 with injuries never to see top form again. Nalbandian never showed up for slams.. Safin showed up twice a decade to play when he wasnt bird dogging women at the Russian pubs.. So yes... Outside of Nadal.. Nope no real rival.... Though Nalbandian and Safin should have been rivals and grab their share of the slam pie... If they actually cared about fucking tennis but of course they never did..

Had Roger of played in the 80s he would have his plate filled with rivals with Edberg, Wilander, Becker, Mac, Lendl.. All capable of giving him all he could handle on various surfaces. In the 90s he would have Courier on clay and rebound ace.. sampras on indoors, decoturf, rebound ace and grass and a younger Agassi at the USO, Australian Open, and probably the French. Bruguera, Muster, Guga at the French. Not to mention Becker at wimbledon and indoors and Edberg at the USO in the early 90s and probably Goran at wimbledon

For sure he would have had his plate full with more quality top threats in the 80s and 90s than he did in the 00s.. Thats undeniable. There certainly would have been more than just 1 player to really contend with.

And must we forget? During Fed's primary domination 04-07, Nadal was still learning to play on hardcourts and grass really. 2006 in only his 4th grass court tournament ever at wimbledon.. USO and AO? Could barely reach a quarterfinals appearance or semis appearance. So outside of clay, Federer overrall still had the free reign.

I guess we could say mid 30s brokeback Agassi probably gave Roger the most competition even though Fed went 8-0 against him during that timeframe. Agassi gave fed more problems than his own contemporary rivals could.. Thats says alot about the shit field at the time.. When a mid 30s player with a gimp back is taking you 5 sets when youre right around your prime or taking you 4 sets (when no contemporary of Federer really could outside of Safin's fluke AO run in 2005) possibly 5 after that gimp back mid 30s agassi just finished playing 3 straight 5 set matches.

tealeaves
04-13-2010, 12:14 PM
A Healthy Delpo would do

Singularity
04-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Only one rival worth mentioning.. Was Roddick rival worthy? LOL. 2-19 in the h2h with the incapability to win even if the match is in his hands? Thats not a rivalry thats a pathetic thrashing. Federer was already working on slam 11 or 12 by the time Djokovic came around.. Fed was already working on slam 13 when Murray came around. Hewitt was washed up by 2006 with injuries never to see top form again. Nalbandian never showed up for slams.. Safin showed up twice a decade to play when he wasnt bird dogging women at the Russian pubs.. So yes... Outside of Nadal.. Nope no real rival.... Though Nalbandian and Safin should have been rivals and grab their share of the slam pie... If they actually cared about fucking tennis but of course they never did..

Had Roger of played in the 80s he would have his plate filled with rivals with Edberg, Wilander, Becker, Mac, Lendl.. All capable of giving him all he could handle on various surfaces. In the 90s he would have Courier on clay and rebound ace.. sampras on indoors, decoturf, rebound ace and grass and a younger Agassi at the USO, Australian Open, and probably the French. Bruguera, Muster, Guga at the French. Not to mention Becker at wimbledon and indoors and Edberg at the USO in the early 90s and probably Goran at wimbledon

For sure he would have had his plate full with more quality top threats in the 80s and 90s than he did in the 00s.. Thats undeniable. There certainly would have been more than just 1 player to really contend with.

So basically had Federer played worse in some of his matches against Hewitt or Roddick, and lost them, the era would have been stronger because Fed would have had more rivals?

Selby
04-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Donald Young?

paseo
04-13-2010, 01:59 PM
If Fed played in the 80s, then Edberg, Wilander, Becker, Mac, Lendl would be his pigeons and they would only became good players, not legends.

If Fed played in the 90s, then Courier, Sampras, Agassi, Bruguera, Muster, Guga would also be his pigeons and they would only became good players, not legends.

And Safin, Roddick, Hewitt, Nalbandian, Djokovic, and Murray would be legends cause they would win more GS in a tour where there's no Fed.

One can use this argument, too.

out_here_grindin
04-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Donald Young?

Any day now

Start da Game
04-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Start da Game's first post in this thread:

Don't pretend that you're a white pigeon who's being irrationally attacked by the brainless Fedtard brigade. I've noticed that you're constantly making fun and attacking other players (read Federer) with the deliberate purpose of generating some type of backlash.
You know all this. Don't pretend for a second that you're above haters and tards because to be quite honest you're certainly one of them, and quite a big one in that regard.

hardly one month at MTF and you are here to decide who's who, by namecalling and hate.......insulting someone as cool as mimi goes to show your real motives on here........whose double/triple accounts are you?

as for my first post in this thread, i was humouring the op who's been a troll himself/herself lately.......

Start da Game
04-13-2010, 02:35 PM

And must we forget? During Fed's primary domination 04-07, Nadal was still learning to play on hardcourts and grass really. 2006 in only his 4th grass court tournament ever at wimbledon.. USO and AO? Could barely reach a quarterfinals appearance or semis appearance. So outside of clay, Federer overrall still had the free reign.

I guess we could say mid 30s brokeback Agassi probably gave Roger the most competition even though Fed went 8-0 against him during that timeframe. Agassi gave fed more problems than his own contemporary rivals could.. Thats says alot about the shit field at the time.. When a mid 30s player with a gimp back is taking you 5 sets when youre right around your prime or taking you 4 sets (when no contemporary of Federer really could outside of Safin's fluke AO run in 2005) possibly 5 after that gimp back mid 30s agassi just finished playing 3 straight 5 set matches.

they all know what you have been saying and i too agree with it.......not until serve and volleyers disappeared, greats retired and no one was left, that fed finally took advantage of the vacuum and collected those slams quietly.......that's the cold truth and everyone knows it.......

if he was really as good as some of these people imply, he wouldn't have had such a pathetic record against his only real rival.......his biggest and only rival has dominated him in such a fashion that it cannot even be called a rivalry.......he failed to find an answer.......

the more they disagree with it and resort to attacks, it only shows that there is truth in our argument and they are actually terrified of it........

after having collected the first 9 or 10 clown slams, it would naturally become easy to push on and somehow near or cross that 14 mark.......he still needed nadal to be injured and out, djokovic to lose his brains and murray to turn into passive pushing shit, to finally limp over that 14 mark.......

look at pete, he really had to earn his first 9 or 10 slams and it took a lot out of him........it's not for no reason that he had to wait almost 3 years for his second slam, as legends like edberg, courier, agassi stole a few slams from him.......

silverarrows
04-13-2010, 02:46 PM

IMHO, All the players you mentioned has no chance against Fed. :P I've seen all of 'em played. :P

barbadosan
04-13-2010, 03:59 PM

All that to prove what I said in the first place: that as far as you're concerned, as long as you didn't thrash Roger, it was no rivalry in your eyes... nor does his defeating the players he met so soundly qualify as domination either, apparently. Maybe you need to re-check the dictionary....

In your next lifetime, do remember to send Rog a message early in his career that he needs to lose to more people more often so you can claim he had more rivals... rofl