The Monte-Carlo 2010 Thread -- Finally a Win for Rafa!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Monte-Carlo 2010 Thread -- Finally a Win for Rafa!!!

-Evita-
04-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Let's cheer Rafa to victory! :bigclap:

The draw will be out soon, here's the official site: http://www.smett.mc/

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/ATP+Masters+Series+Monte+Carlo+Day+Six+NbIvR26yB0J l.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/ATP+Masters+Series+Monte+Carlo+Day+Seven+9eGpllt0J tNl.jpg

Metis
04-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Vamos! :rocker2:

The draw:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/410/mds.pdf

acionescu
04-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Schwank :scared: :unsure:

And then Monaco :bigcry:

ImmzB
04-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Vamos Rafa!

l_mac
04-10-2010, 12:37 PM
(1) DJOKOVIC, Novak (SRB) vs. BYE
SERRA, Florent (FRA) vs. ROBERT, Stephane (FRA)
GULBIS, Ernests (LAT) vs. CHIUDINELLI, Marco (SUI)
HANESCU, Victor (ROM) vs. (13) WAWRINKA, Stanislas (SUI)

(12) ROBREDO, Tommy (ESP) vs. ZEBALLOS, Horacio (ARG)
TROICKI, Viktor (SRB) vs. KUBOT, Lukasz (POL)
NALBANDIAN, David (ARG) vs. BECK, Andreas (GER)
BYE vs. (7) YOUZHNY, Mikhail (RUS)

(4) CILIC, Marin (CRO) vs. BYE
ANDREEV, Igor (RUS) vs. (WC) BOLELLI, Simone (ITA)
ROCHUS, Olivier (BEL) vs. SEPPI, Andreas (ITA)
MONTANES, Albert (ESP) vs. BAGHDATIS, Marcos (CYP)

(10) BERDYCH, Tomas (CZE) vs. LOPEZ, Feliciano (ESP)
QUALIFIER vs. (WC) GASQUET, Richard (FRA)
BENNETEAU, Julien (FRA) vs. (Q) QUALIFIER ()
BYE vs. (6) VERDASCO, Fernando (ESP)

(8) LJUBICIC, Ivan (CRO) vs. BYE
FOGNINI, Fabio (ITA) vs. LLODRA, Michael (FRA)
CHARDY, Jeremy (FRA) vs. QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER vs. (11) FERRER, David (ESP)

(14) MELZER, Jurgen (AUT) vs. MATHIEU, Paul-Henri (FRA)
GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo (ESP) vs. PETZSCHNER, Philipp (GER)
BELLUCCI, Thomaz (BRA) vs. KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp (GER)
BYE vs. (3) MURRAY, Andy (GBR)

(5) TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried (FRA) vs. BYE
ALMAGRO, Nicolas (ESP) vs. GREUL, Simon (GER)
(WC) TOMIC, Bernard (AUS) vs. BECKER, Benjamin (GER)
QUALIFIER vs. (9) FERRERO, Juan Carlos (ESP)

(14) MONACO, Juan (ARG) vs. QUALIFIER
BERRER, Michael (GER) vs. KOROLEV, Evgeny (KAZ)
QUALIFIER vs. SCHWANK, Eduardo (ARG)
BYE vs. (2) NADAL, Rafael (ESP)

l_mac
04-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Rafa leaving for MC with Xisca and Maymo:

DAhjGFr7eyw

9B3tEfNVVaI

Q7ZY5O26pOk

star
04-10-2010, 12:57 PM
I like how they pronounce Djokovic in the second clip. :lol:

Rafa looks like he just woke up before he got to the airport.

Foxy
04-10-2010, 06:19 PM
WIN for me.

Snoo Foo
04-10-2010, 06:22 PM
win

acionescu
04-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Win, Vamos :rocker2:

:unsure: :bigcry:

born_on_clay
04-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm wondering if anyone would go with other result that win :P

Win, for me please as well :)

Minn
04-11-2010, 02:49 AM
Win.

nashty
04-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Win please.

JolánGagó
04-11-2010, 10:56 AM
WIN :rolleyes:

shawshank
04-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Win

Xristos
04-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Put me down for WIN.

VAMOOS!

-Evita-
04-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Win for me too.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a universal fail :sobbing:

Metis
04-12-2010, 10:15 AM
I predict runner up :sad:

How far will Rafa go in Monte Carlo? (1000 points :dance:)

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd - tennizen :lol:
QF -
SF -
F - Metis
W - acionescu, born_on_clay, Evita, Foxy, JolanGago, MariaV, Minn, nashty, shawshank, Snoo Foo, Xristos

JolánGagó
04-12-2010, 10:45 AM
don't you hear that gigantic epic fail sucking sound?

MariaV
04-12-2010, 10:51 AM
don't you hear that gigantic epic fail sucking sound?

Yeah, most probably *sigh* but I just cannot pick anything but WIN right now. :awww::o

acionescu
04-12-2010, 04:44 PM
I am not allowed to pick otherwise :shrug: :(

tennizen
04-12-2010, 04:45 PM
3rd Round

VS Angel
04-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Oh my god, I'm already getting nervous.
Vaaaaamos Rafa in search of the 1st title of the year:worship:

Foxy
04-13-2010, 07:32 AM
Oh my god, I'm already getting nervous.
Vaaaaamos Rafa in search of the 1st title of the year:worship:

Nice. I like the SUKTUEN from RF forum impersonation! :D :worship:

Metis
04-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Order of Play

WEDNESDAY, 14 APRIL 2010

COURT CENTRAL start 10:30 am
B Becker (GER) vs [9] J Ferrero (ESP)
[1] N Djokovic (SRB) vs F Serra (FRA)
[Q] T de Bakker (NED) vs [2] R Nadal (ESP)
P Kohlschreiber (GER) vs [3] [WC] A Murray (GBR)
M Granollers (ESP) / T Robredo (ESP) vs [WC] R Gasquet (FRA) / J Tsonga (FRA)

Luinir
04-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Quarter-final

born_on_clay
04-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Kick some ass Rafa !

l_mac
04-14-2010, 09:02 AM
QF. Ferrero :bigcry:

MariaV
04-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Rafael Nadal Monday Press Conference
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
by ATP Staff
An interview with: RAFAEL NADAL

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How does it feel to be back here?
RAFAEL NADAL: Like every year, no, always is a pleasure play here in Monte Carlo. For me is one of the nicest tournaments of the year.
For sure for me always is a special tournament to come back, and very happy.

Q. How did you find the transition from hard court to clay? Was it easy?
RAFAEL NADAL: You need some days. Yeah, I am practicing well. I am with every motivation to still playing like I did the last few months, and I think I'm doing well.
Just try to keep play like I did. Need few matches to try to play my best tennis on clay. But I think I am okay. :tape:

Q. Last year everyone was expecting you to win because you already won here. Maybe this year everybody expects you to win because it's been a long time since you have not won a tournament. What do you think?
RAFAEL NADAL: I am coming here with I don't know sure I try to play my best to try to win. I'm another one that I hope have my chances to play a tournament and have a chance to have a very good result.
But, you know, is a Master 1000. Is a very difficult tournament. Almost all the best players of the world are here. I did well last years on clay. I hope continuing doing like in the past, no?
But Monte Carlo, it's, well, if I'm playing Monte Carlo...
THE INTERPRETER: It doesn't mean that since I won Monte Carlo five years in a row, I can win for the sixth time.

Q. A few words about the French guys and their chances on clay this season?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, the French player are good players in every surface. Tsonga can play in every surface. Mathieu, too. Gasquet, too. Sure Monfils, too. I don't know how is him.
Well, I don't know, no? Everyone will have his chances and depends how they are playing like everybody.

Q. You played at a very high level in Miami, although you didn't win the tournament. How encouraging was that coming into this clay court season?
RAFAEL NADAL: I played well in all the tournaments this year. I didn't win yet, but I was there all the time. I had the problem on the knee in Australia, but I was playing really well.
And in Doha, for sure, best level probably in Doha. In Indian Wells, I was playing very good tournament. I played a terrible match in semifinals, but the rest of the matches I was playing a very high level. And in Miami, too. I played well. I played good match against Nalbandian, very good match against Tsonga. And later in the semifinals I was playing very well in the beginning. Then he played well and I played little bit worse.
That's important, always play well, because that gives me a lot of confidence, give me know how I can play well another time, because the last year, the last six months, anyway, if I didn't have bad result, having semifinals, one final in Shanghai, quarterfinals in other tournaments, I feel I wasn't ready to win important tournaments.
But this year since I start, I feel ready.

Q. Do you think psychologically it's different now because the players, the other players, think maybe you are beatable on clay, when before they thought you were unbeatable?
RAFAEL NADAL: You can ask them, the rest of the players, not me.

Q. Does it change the mental game with you, as well?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I lost a match, one match, no, in Roland Garros? I lost in Madrid in one final. I won the last, I don't know, lot of tournaments, no, on clay? I won Davis Cup final. Important match for me, too, against Berdych.
I never felt I am invincible in no one surface even on clay. Sure I'm not feeling the same now, no? For me, doesn't matter what the rest of the players think.

Q. You've improved a lot on hard surfaces, hard court. Do you still think that clay is your best surface? :o :ignore:
RAFAEL NADAL: I hope so, yeah (smiling). I think I improved on hard. But I didn't improve the last year. I think I was playing well since 2005. I did very well in hard court, too, no?
Sure, I improved a few aspects of my game. That gives me more chances to play better in every tournament on hard because I playing well the slice and volleying. My volley's a little bit better. Sure, the serve, too. Probably on clay I did very well. But I only play four, five tournaments on clay every year. Is not a lot. But for last years was enough. I don't know.
I think always the clay gonna be a little bit more easier for me, but... I don't know. :help:

Q. After last year, what is more important for you this year, to win Roland Garros again or win Wimbledon? What is your main objective?
RAFAEL NADAL: For me the more important thing is the match on Wednesday, first round here. That is for me the most important thing for me, no? I always thought day to day. Doesn't change, no?
You know, the big victories, you can have a big victories if you have the small victories before. Every year is important for that. Every year I'm practicing, try my best, and in every match I going to do the same.
So probably if I don't have a good result here, in Rome or in Madrid, my chances in Roland Garros or Wimbledon will be for sure less chances than if I have the good results here in these tournaments.
So I am thinking about this right now. :yeah:

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/News/Tennis/2010/Interview-Transcripts/Rafael-Nadal-Monday.aspx

Metis
04-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Update:

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd - tennizen
QF - l_mac, Luinir
SF -
F - Metis
W - acionescu, born_on_clay, Evita, Foxy, JolanGago, MariaV, Minn, Naina, nashty, shawshank, Snoo Foo, Xristos

Naina
04-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Win I think :D

DualMedia
04-14-2010, 12:32 PM
I feel bad for De Bakker, RAFA IS BACK!!!

Metis
04-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Nadal - De Bakker 6-1 6-0

Next round against Berrer

Betty
04-14-2010, 03:04 PM
win

did i alredy say it:unsure:

Metis
04-14-2010, 03:13 PM
too late Betty :shrug:

RafaFan95
04-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Great match today. Vamos Rafa!

born_on_clay
04-14-2010, 04:37 PM
I love clay :)

Metis
04-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Order of Play

THURSDAY, 15 APRIL 2010

T Berdych (CZE) vs F Verdasco (ESP)
M Berrer (GER) vs R Nadal (ESP)

born_on_clay
04-14-2010, 08:53 PM
before the tournament

Rafael Nadal Monday Press Conference
Monte-Carlo, Monaco

by ATP Staff

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How does it feel to be back here?
RAFAEL NADAL: Like every year, no, always is a pleasure play here in Monte Carlo. For me is one of the nicest tournaments of the year.
For sure for me always is a special tournament to come back, and very happy.

Q. How did you find the transition from hard court to clay? Was it easy?
RAFAEL NADAL: You need some days. Yeah, I am practicing well. I am with every motivation to still playing like I did the last few months, and I think I'm doing well.
Just try to keep play like I did. Need few matches to try to play my best tennis on clay. But I think I am okay.

Q. Last year everyone was expecting you to win because you already won here. Maybe this year everybody expects you to win because it's been a long time since you have not won a tournament. What do you think?
RAFAEL NADAL: I am coming here with I don't know sure I try to play my best to try to win. I'm another one that I hope have my chances to play a tournament and have a chance to have a very good result.
But, you know, is a Master 1000. Is a very difficult tournament. Almost all the best players of the world are here. I did well last years on clay. I hope continuing doing like in the past, no?
But Monte Carlo, it's, well, if I'm playing Monte Carlo...
THE INTERPRETER: It doesn't mean that since I won Monte Carlo five years in a row, I can win for the sixth time.

Q. A few words about the French guys and their chances on clay this season?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, the French player are good players in every surface. Tsonga can play in every surface. Mathieu, too. Gasquet, too. Sure Monfils, too. I don't know how is him.
Well, I don't know, no? Everyone will have his chances and depends how they are playing like everybody.

Q. You played at a very high level in Miami, although you didn't win the tournament. How encouraging was that coming into this clay court season?
RAFAEL NADAL: I played well in all the tournaments this year. I didn't win yet, but I was there all the time. I had the problem on the knee in Australia, but I was playing really well.
And in Doha, for sure, best level probably in Doha. In Indian Wells, I was playing very good tournament. I played a terrible match in semifinals, but the rest of the matches I was playing a very high level. And in Miami, too. I played well. I played good match against Nalbandian, very good match against Tsonga. And later in the semifinals I was playing very well in the beginning. Then he played well and I played little bit worse.
That's important, always play well, because that gives me a lot of confidence, give me know how I can play well another time, because the last year, the last six months, anyway, if I didn't have bad result, having semifinals, one final in Shanghai, quarterfinals in other tournaments, I feel I wasn't ready to win important tournaments.
But this year since I start, I feel ready.

Q. Do you think psychologically it's different now because the players, the other players, think maybe you are beatable on clay, when before they thought you were unbeatable?
RAFAEL NADAL: You can ask them, the rest of the players, not me.

Q. Does it change the mental game with you, as well?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I lost a match, one match, no, in Roland Garros? I lost in Madrid in one final. I won the last, I don't know, lot of tournaments, no, on clay? I won Davis Cup final. Important match for me, too, against Berdych.
I never felt I am invincible in no one surface even on clay. Sure I'm not feeling the same now, no? For me, doesn't matter what the rest of the players think.

Q. You've improved a lot on hard surfaces, hard court. Do you still think that clay is your best surface?
RAFAEL NADAL: I hope so, yeah (smiling). I think I improved on hard. But I didn't improve the last year. I think I was playing well since 2005. I did very well in hard court, too, no?
Sure, I improved a few aspects of my game. That gives me more chances to play better in every tournament on hard because I playing well the slice and volleying. My volley's a little bit better. Sure, the serve, too. Probably on clay I did very well. But I only play four, five tournaments on clay every year. Is not a lot. But for last years was enough. I don't know.
I think always the clay gonna be a little bit more easier for me, but... I don't know.

Q. After last year, what is more important for you this year, to win Roland Garros again or win Wimbledon? What is your main objective?
RAFAEL NADAL: For me the more important thing is the match on Wednesday, first round here. That is for me the most important thing for me, no? I always thought day to day. Doesn't change, no?
You know, the big victories, you can have a big victories if you have the small victories before. Every year is important for that. Every year I'm practicing, try my best, and in every match I going to do the same.
So probably if I don't have a good result here, in Rome or in Madrid, my chances in Roland Garros or Wimbledon will be for sure less chances than if I have the good results here in these tournaments.
So I am thinking about this right now.

born_on_clay
04-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Some initial stats from Rafa - Berrer match:

Metis
04-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Nadal-Berrer 6-0 6-1 :o

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd - tennizen
QF - l_mac, Luinir
SF -
F - Metis
W - acionescu, born_on_clay, Evita, Foxy, JolanGago, MariaV, Minn, Naina, nashty, shawshank, Snoo Foo, Xristos

tennizen: for shame! :rolleyes:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/2/11/129104112495061142.jpg

born_on_clay
04-15-2010, 01:02 PM
stats:

-Evita-
04-15-2010, 01:15 PM
8 unforced errors in the second set :o

Other than that, nice match :yeah: May all his matches on clay this year go according to this scenario :D

Foxy
04-15-2010, 02:04 PM
8 unforced errors in the second set :o

Other than that, nice match :yeah: May all his matches on clay this year go according to this scenario :D

No. It is 2 in the first, 6 in the second - total 8. :wavey:

tennizen
04-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Nadal-Berrer 6-0 6-1 :o

tennizen: for shame! :rolleyes:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/2/11/129104112495061142.jpg

:rolls: I thought he was playing Ferrero in the 3rd round:o

Metis
04-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Order of Play

FRIDAY, 16 APRIL 2010

D Ferrer (ESP) vs P Kohlschreiber (GER)
J Ferrero (ESP) vs R Nadal (ESP)

born_on_clay
04-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Rafa - Ferrero H2H:
M 6-2
S 13-4
G 97-54

Good luck tomorrow Rafito :)

Minn
04-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Metis, great FAIL picture. :lol:

May all his matches on clay this year go according to this scenario :D :rocker2:

Order of Play

FRIDAY, 16 APRIL 2010

D Ferrer (ESP) vs P Kohlschreiber (GER)
J Ferrero (ESP) vs R Nadal (ESP) I may get to watch part of the match tomorrow morning. :banana:

MariaV
04-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Rafael Nadal Wednesday Press Conference
Monte-Carlo, Monaco

R. NADAL/T. De Bakker
6-1, 6-0

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Rafa.

Q. Are you surprised about how Kohlschreiber beat Murray?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, the result, sure. But Kohlschreiber is a very good player on clay. He has a very good potential, too. To play against him in first round, especially for Andy, I think is a bad draw. Seems was like this.

Q. Are you surprised by how easily you won?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, yes, 6-1, 6-0, you never expect win like this against a good opponent like De Bakker. He pass the qualify, won a good match yesterday. I expected it to be a bit tougher, harder match.
But I think I played well. I played very solid match, no mistakes, having good movements, good directions. I think I played really well.

Q. How was it to be back here on center court?
RAFAEL NADAL: Like every year, is very special to come back to this tournament. This tournament is one of my favorites. I said all my life, anyway, before I came here and I won for the first time, when I came here in 2003, I said for me, no, Monte-Carlo is one of the tournaments that I really want to play when I was a kid. When I did in 2003, was a dream in that moment.
For sure, every year when I come back here as a player, and for sure after five victories, is like very nice memories, no?

Q. This court especially, do you like it, the view?
RAFAEL NADAL: I like the atmosphere in general, no? Here you feel you are in a club, what is different. It's nice to be in the big tournaments with huge stadiums. But here, you are in a club, and that makes the tournament really special.
I'm sure Monaco is one of the more special cities or countries of the world. So just be here, the atmosphere, the views are unbelievable. For me to be here is for sure a pleasure.

Q. You play Berrer next round.
RAFAEL NADAL: I think Juan didn't play one of his best matches. I spoke with him later in the locker, and having lunch. He didn't play his best. Michael is a good player. He's a fighter. He's a good player from the baseline. He can play well. He can play very well.
You know, I think is a little bit surprise, but Berrer is a very good player, too.

Q. You beat him recently, Berrer.
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, last year in Indian Wells.

Q. You beat him quite easily on hard court. What do you expect on clay from him?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think he is better on clay.

Q. Better?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, I think so. He play with a lot of topspin. No, he is a good player. He play from the baseline. He has a good serve. He's a lefty, too.
And like every match, try my best and we will see what's happen. Only thing for me is still play like this. :angel:

End of FastScripts

2010/Interview-Transcripts/Rafael-Nadal-Wednesday.aspx

No presser after Berrer up yet. Except for the lil' video.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/2010/04/Monte-Carlo-2010-Thursday-Nadal-Interview.aspx

l_mac
04-16-2010, 09:27 AM
:rolls: I thought he was playing Ferrero in the 3rd round:o

:retard:

Metis
04-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Nadal-Ferrero 6-4 6-2 :)

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd - tennizen
QF - l_mac, Luinir
SF -
F - Metis

l_mac, Luinir: bye :wavey:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/3/24/129139299752819459.jpg

born_on_clay
04-16-2010, 01:24 PM
stats:

shawshank
04-16-2010, 06:00 PM
SATURDAY, 17 APRIL 2010

COURT CENTRAL start 11:30 am
[7] S Aspelin (SWE) / P Hanley (AUS) vs [5] M Bhupathi (IND) / M Mirnyi (BLR)
Not Before 1:30 PM
[11] D Ferrer (ESP) vs [2] R Nadal (ESP)
[1] N Djokovic (SRB) vs [6] F Verdasco (ESP)
[1] D Nestor (CAN) / N Zimonjic (SRB) vs [4] W Moodie (RSA) / D Norman (BEL)

gorgo1986
04-16-2010, 07:32 PM
SATURDAY, 17 APRIL 2010

COURT CENTRAL start 11:30 am
[7] S Aspelin (SWE) / P Hanley (AUS) vs [5] M Bhupathi (IND) / M Mirnyi (BLR)
Not Before 1:30 PM
[11] D Ferrer (ESP) vs [2] R Nadal (ESP)
[1] N Djokovic (SRB) vs [6] F Verdasco (ESP)
[1] D Nestor (CAN) / N Zimonjic (SRB) vs [4] W Moodie (RSA) / D Norman (BEL)

I hope for a RAFA VS NANDO Spanish Final VAMOS!!!:worship:

RafaFan95
04-16-2010, 09:17 PM
Tomorrow against Ferrer. I think he`ll win.

Metis
04-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Press conference after Berrer match

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Rafael.

Q. You played better than yesterday today?
RAFAEL NADAL: I played better, yes. I played better than yesterday because I played higher, I played close to the lines, and my feeling is I had more control on the ball than yesterday, no?
Good backhands. Very good forehands down the line. I played very well, yeah.

Q. Anything to complain about? Something you're not happy with?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, the first, for some moments, I didn't serve my best. But later when I started to serve a little bit more slower, not the speed slower, the movement a little bit slower, and more calm, I did better.
So I finished the match serving better. No, I am, yeah, happy.

Q. You may play against Jo.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, Tsonga, he's aggressive, really aggressive player. I saw him in the second set. He's playing really aggressive. Especially with his serve, he can go to the volley. He's very dangerous, no?
Juan Carlos is a player who win more matches this year on clay and he is coming with big confidence. Going to be really difficult.
So both players going to be difficult. I think for me, try to play like today, but I know going to be a different level and I have to play better, no? So that's what I gonna try.

Q. Jo, since he beat you in Melbourne, you played him several times. You won every time, and every time more easily. The score was better every time. Any reason for that? Anything you understood in his game?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I think against him I played very well, very good matches, the last few matches. Last year in Bercy, and for sure this year in Miami, too, I played really well. I saved a lot of breakpoints in Miami, several breakpoints. That was decisive on the match, no?
So I think hopefully not, but I'm sure that's gonna change a lot.

Q. Which is the most dangerous part in his game?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, is a different player because he can serve really well. You don't see really well where he's serving. He has amazing forehand. When he stop and he saw the ball coming, and he has the right position, is very difficult to stop his forehand, no?
So I think the important thing is make him feel like he can play watching the ball every time come. So play a bit more inside, play more to the sides and move him. His movement is not bad, sure. He move well. But is the way, I think.

Q. Are you more happy to be here back in Monte Carlo because, A, you always win, B, it's clay, C, for your body to play on clay is better? Which one of the three things more?
RAFAEL NADAL: For me most important thing is be here in one of my favorite tournaments, if not the favorite. I love be here. Monte Carlo is a pleasure. I always say this. Is the tournament for me.
To just be here and play this very nice center court for me, very nice atmosphere around, so is a pleasure. So for me the important thing is be in Monte Carlo and play this tournament because I love this.

Q. If you had to compare the three different clay surfaces, clay in Monte Carlo, clay in Rome, and clay in Paris, what is the difference from your point of view?
RAFAEL NADAL: Clay is clay (smiling). Probably between here and Paris is very similar, very similar, the clay. In Rome is a little bit different.

Q. Faster?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I don't know if is faster. But the clay is not the same clay, you know. There is different clays, different material.
So probably here is closer. I don't know if is the same, exactly the same, but my feeling is very close to the same like Paris. And in Rome is a little bit more similar than the clay we have in Spain.

Q. How much is it important for you here to have the sea?
RAFAEL NADAL: I love the sea, no? I love being at the sea. And I live on the sea. So wake up, I have very nice views from my room. Wake up watching the sea, that's give me a lot of energy.

Q. To be back home?
RAFAEL NADAL: The sea is the same. Is Mediterranean. So I love that (smiling). :awww:

Xristos
04-17-2010, 03:55 AM
Vamoos two matches to go!

born_on_clay
04-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Rafa def. Ferrer 62 63

:worship:

finally a final :cool:

stats:

gorgo1986
04-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Great match by Rafa and his 49th ATP Final. He just needs to win a tournament, get a win over some one like Nole or Roger so that he gets some more confidence. He has a lil problem closing out his matches but the more he wins the better he will get.

VAMOS RAFA, Win IT ALL!

Foxy
04-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Playing that way and playing and finishing matches so quickly he can save himself and actually play all clay tournaments prior to RG. I can see according to my stats he spent the least time on court until the finals compared to all other MC finals he contested. Sky is the limit on clay currently for him.

Metis
04-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Nadal-Verdasco 6-0 6-1 :woohoo:

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd - tennizen
QF - l_mac, Luinir
SF -
F - Metis

Metis: she wanted to show off; things didn't turn out that well...

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/2/2/129096062561752192.jpg

acionescu, born_on_clay, Evita, Foxy, JolanGago, MariaV, Minn, Naina, nashty, shawshank, Snoo Foo, Xristos: Lots of winners! :hearts: It's clay season baby! :rocker2: :D

http://failblog.wordpress.com/files/2009/01/fail-owned-floor-sparta-fai.jpg

tennizen
04-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Rafa:rocker2: :woohoo:

Björki
04-18-2010, 03:54 PM
congrats Rafa :yeah: :) :rocker2:

gorgo1986
04-18-2010, 04:54 PM
VAMOS RAFA, I am so happy for Rafa and Nando who is back in the top ten.

Minn
04-18-2010, 05:20 PM
acionescu, born_on_clay, Evita, Foxy, JolanGago, MariaV, Minn, Naina, nashty, shawshank, Snoo Foo, Xristos: Lots of winners! :hearts: It's clay season baby! :rocker2: :D

http://failblog.wordpress.com/files/2009/01/fail-owned-floor-sparta-fai.jpg :lol: How appropriate.

Metis, :worship: for managing MIT.

Xristos
04-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Congrats!

born_on_clay
04-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Awesome !!!!

christallh24
04-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Rafaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker2::rocker2::rocker2:

Now get smart, boy, and don't play yourself silly!

Mimi
04-19-2010, 01:38 AM
thanks god, our boy finally won a title :lol::bounce::clap2::bigclap::bowdown::kiss::drool ::yippee::woohoo::nerner::aplot::rolls::inlove::um brella::singer::bdaycake::aparty::music::music::ro cker2::rocker::banana::crazy:

TheKikeWol
04-19-2010, 04:00 AM
Some good highlights :worship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odbs3EVMFuI

rafa_maniac
04-19-2010, 10:04 AM
:woohoo: :bigcry:

Mimi
04-19-2010, 10:25 AM
:woohoo: :bigcry::hug::smooch: don't cry, don't cry

star
04-19-2010, 05:40 PM