Djokovic vs Del Potro. Who's better? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Djokovic vs Del Potro. Who's better?

paseo
04-08-2010, 01:38 PM
In terms of achievements, obviously Djokovic is better. But, Del Potro is younger.
Both have 1 slam, beating the GOAT in the process. Both is fairly consistent (well, not recently. But, overall they are).

H2H Djokovic leads 3-0. But their last meeting was before Del Potro won his slam. I think Del Potro is better now.

What I want to know, who do you guys think between these two, that has the better game? Which one is more talented? Which one will ultimately have the better future?
Well, the answer for the last question will be speculation, of course. So speculate away!!

Florida
04-08-2010, 01:43 PM
None of them are good at the moment. Delpo is still celebrating his USO GS title on a long vacation, while Nole is still celbrating past successes and the recent Davis Cup win!!!!! At least Djoko is making an effort to come back, but his serve is out of order and I don't see it coming back any time soon!!!!!! If it happens that they meet I hope it is during clay court season, but I expect a "push fest" from them both, with Nole somehow getting to the finish line!!!!!!!??????

jonathancrane
04-08-2010, 01:45 PM
In terms of achievements, obviously Djokovic is better. But, Del Potro is younger.
Both have 1 slam, beating the GOAT in the process. Both is fairly consistent (well, not recently. But, overall they are).

H2H Djokovic leads 3-0. But their last meeting was before Del Potro won his slam. I think Del Potro is better now.

What I want to know, who do you guys think between these two, that has the better game? Which one is more talented? Which one will ultimately have the better future?
Well, the answer for the last question will be speculation, of course. So speculate away!!

Big difference is that the argie defeated a healthy Federer

Apart from that, Djokovic is a better and more complete player

DualMedia
04-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Del potro is better , right now. Novak is changing things that made him to the top. Del potro is injured ,so we cant say much about him. At the AO 10' he was in a good form.

Amber Spyglass
04-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Del potro is better , right now. Novak is changing things that made him to the top. Del potro is injured ,so we cant say much about him. At the AO 10' he was in a good form.

WTF he practically went five with everyone from the 1st round to his exit(although he was admittedly injured)

Amber Spyglass
04-08-2010, 01:52 PM

Aparte from that, Djokovic is a better and more complete player

Choking Fed and sick Fed were about equal,Federer was all over him until his brain went complete walkabout half way through and Delpo then upped his game and took advantage(just like Djoko had done under different circumstaces).That fifth set from Fed in US was a complete and utter embarrassment to his legacy it was that poor

dusan1610
04-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Djokovic of course

Persimmon
04-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Nole.

Persimmon
04-08-2010, 02:13 PM

He beat a satisfied Fed who was on cloud nine after becoming the GOAT and couldn't be arsed to win the USO.:wavey::o

rocketassist
04-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Faker is the more talented, and better, but it doesn't say much- both are uni-dimensional baseliners with little variety.

bokehlicious
04-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Del Potro

Persimmon
04-08-2010, 02:18 PM
BTW. I think Murray has been unlucky to play Fed at slam finals when Fed was coming from previous loss at a slam final. Fed lost Wimbledon 2008 so of course he was hungry at USO 2008. Fed lost USO 2009 and was hungry at AO 2010. Meanwhile Del Potro was lucky that Fed had won the channel slam before the USO 2009. Bad timing for Murray. Twice so far.

born_on_clay
04-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Djokovic so far

paseo
04-08-2010, 02:47 PM
What about their game? Djokovic has better defense, but Del Potro has a much penetrating shots. Which do you think is better suited to today's game?

Johnny Groove
04-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Do you mean who is better now? Cause Djokovic sucks these days and JMDP hasn't done shit and been injured since the USO title.

Or who's career achievements are better to this point? If that, then Djokovic.

lukeozade0405
04-08-2010, 03:05 PM
At this moment in time Djokovic.

out_here_grindin
04-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Djokovic by a mile. He has 2 slam finals and several more semifinals. Del Potro dosen't compare.

Goldenoldie
04-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Better in terms of what? Past achievements, current form, future prospects?
Past = Djokovic
Current = equally disappointing.
Future = No comment

HattonWBA
04-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Djokovic

paseo
04-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Do you mean who is better now? Cause Djokovic sucks these days and JMDP hasn't done shit and been injured since the USO title.

Or who's career achievements are better to this point? If that, then Djokovic.

Djokovic by a mile. He has 2 slam finals and several more semifinals. Del Potro dosen't compare.

In terms of achievements, of course Djokovic is better. And I'm not talking about form here, but their game in general. whose game is better? whose game do you think will do better against the current field?

Okay, let's see vs other top 10.
I think Djokovic is not the favorite when he plays against Fed, Murray, and Roddick. And about 50-50 against Davydenko.
While Del Potro is not the favorite against Fed, Murray, and Davydenko.

See. I think they're about even. Do you agree? I know that they will improve their game. But, let's be honest, Djokovic will never hit groundstrokes as hard as Del potro, and Del Potro will never have Djokovic's defense.

Black Adam
04-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Del Pony is a glorified ball basher.
Joker has more game and the attitude of a guy who will spend a lot of time at the top.

Roddickominator
04-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Del Potro is a better player. Djokovic lost his edge a long time ago...and now is ranked high pretty much because he can outgrind the clowns of the tour(similar to Roddick in that sense). While Del Potro can just blow pretty much anyone off the court, and has shown Grade A guts much more recently than Djokovic has.

To me, this question is...."If Del Potro and Djokovic met in a Slam final, who would win?"

If Djokovic finds his edge again, that could change....but i'm not betting on it.

bokehlicious
04-08-2010, 03:44 PM
the attitude of a guy who will spend a lot of time at the top.

Because he's a cocky dude? Didn't work out that well for Andy R. :shrug: :p

Black Adam
04-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Because he's a cocky dude? Didn't work out that well for Andy R. :shrug: :p
No, because he acts like someone who deserves to be at the top and his reulst follow suit. Muzza for example has the attitude of a guy who can't believe he's made it that far.

Start da Game
04-08-2010, 03:52 PM
close call.......i voted for djokovic simply because he proved himself on all surfaces and is definitely better than del potro in the fore court........

swisht4u
04-08-2010, 04:35 PM
At their best I'll take Potro.
Overall, have to just call it even for now.

Aaric
04-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Djokovic by far

Fedicilous
04-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Obviously, Djoković is more talented player, has a lot better coordination and so far he achieved more.
Additionally, Potro has a chronic injury so he will have a problem to comeback to a fairly good form, not speaking about compete with the top guys.

I'm not a fan of both players, but for me Nole is better.

vn01
04-08-2010, 06:02 PM
On hard-Djokovic=Del Potro
On clay-Del Potro>Djokovic
On grass-Djokovic>Del Potro

So,in total-Del Potro=Djokovic

rocketassist
04-08-2010, 06:41 PM

Faker has won, albeit a pretty joke clay TMS, and reached RG semis twice whilst being in the final of Monte Carlo, and was a point away from having wins over both Fed and Nadal on the surface, so how is Del Robot better than him?

Can't believe I'm defending him, but :lol:

vn01
04-08-2010, 07:27 PM
However,Djokovic is not better than DelPo and Del Potro isn't better than Nole.It depends on a lot of things to say who is better

Vida
04-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I wonder how much Delpo is injured because of how he plays, if at all? Or maybe its 'just like that'.

DJ Soup
04-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Delpo is mentally stronger. That's all I'm saying.

Nole fan
04-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Faker is the more talented, and better, but it doesn't say much- both are uni-dimensional baseliners with little variety.

Yeah, that's why one is #2 and the other #5. :rolleyes:
Nole is way better yet, no reason he's been number 3 for years now without anyone else taking his place.

rocketassist
04-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah, that's why one is #2 and the other #5. :rolleyes:
Nole is way better yet, no reason he's been number 3 for years now without anyone else taking his place.

Not many players have variety anyway, that's why.

Har-Tru
04-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Talent-wise, Djokovic and it's not even remotely close. DPot is just a quality ballbasher, but a ballbasher after all.

Amber Spyglass
04-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Faker has won, albeit a pretty joke clay TMS, and reached RG semis twice whilst being in the final of Monte Carlo, and was a point away from having wins over both Fed and Nadal on the surface, so how is Del Robot better than him?

Can't believe I'm defending him, but :lol:

Come again?He beat Fed in Rome last year...
Probably Djokovic's most impressive win against Delpo came on clay in Rome too-he fairly routined Boredo and Del Potro back to back in part of what was his best spell of 2009.I think the poster to which you were replying to is judging their clay game on RG 09 alone which isn't exactly fair because Djokovic's early loss there was nothing to do with his "competence" on clay.

Roddickominator
04-08-2010, 09:03 PM
People really think Djokovic would beat Del Potro in a Slam final right now?

Djokovic lost his edge and mental strength a while back, and he hasn't gotten it back. Del Potro still has that edge, and IMO that is more important than their "all-around game".

rocketassist
04-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Come again?He beat Fed in Rome last year...
Probably Djokovic's most impressive win against Delpo came on clay in Rome too-he fairly routined Boredo and Del Potro back to back in part of what was his best spell of 2009.I think the poster to which you were replying to is judging their clay game on RG 09 alone which isn't exactly fair because Djokovic's early loss there was nothing to do with his "competence" on clay.

I'm on about the Madrid match, he had already beat Fed, so by winning that he would have had victories over both men on clay.

And of course, he's won the only clay encounter against Del Pony.

Nole fan
04-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Djokovic on a good day can destroy Delpo.

thrust
04-08-2010, 10:04 PM
BTW. I think Murray has been unlucky to play Fed at slam finals when Fed was coming from previous loss at a slam final. Fed lost Wimbledon 2008 so of course he was hungry at USO 2008. Fed lost USO 2009 and was hungry at AO 2010. Meanwhile Del Potro was lucky that Fed had won the channel slam before the USO 2009. Bad timing for Murray. Twice so far.

Murray is a choker when it comes to Slam finals. But then, he is from the British Isles.

Certinfy
04-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Del Potro.

Amber Spyglass
04-08-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm on about the Madrid match, he had already beat Fed, so by winning that he would have had victories over both men on clay.

And of course, he's won the only clay encounter against Del Pony.

Oh sorry I get you now.I thought you were saying that on separate occasions he was a point away from defeating Fed for the first time on clay and then a point away from defeating Nadal for the first time :o
The rest of my post was directed at the poster you were replying to-I wasn't saying you weren't aware Djok leads the H2H on clay :)

zeleni
04-08-2010, 11:10 PM
So far, obviously it's Djokovic > Del Potro

Currently both suck - Nole is out of form and JMDP is injured.

What will happen in future, we shall see.

coonster14
04-09-2010, 01:06 AM
career-wise so far: djokovic, 2 slam finals, WON 1 SLAM, made the SF's in all four grand slams, 5 consecutive grand slam SF's, 1 TMC (or WTF these days), bronze medal at Olympics. :rocker:

del potro was impressive with his USO win though (only man so far to have beaten BOTH nadal and federer in a grand slam) :bigclap:

but if they played each other right now, i have a feeling it would be a very patchy match. djokovic has been playing crappy so far in 2010, and del potro has not played a match since being injured at the Aus Open.

i want to see these two play each other more often, hope they find their A game again soon.

.-Federers_Mate-.
04-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Djokovic by a mile-talent and career wise. Djokovic has a lost his intensity recently, opefully hell come back right soon enough

FlameOn
04-09-2010, 03:48 AM
Djokovic.

However, if Nole continues down the pusher route he's been going down, my vote would change to del Potro.

Start da Game
04-09-2010, 06:14 AM
del potro is not just a ballbasher........you can never ballbash your way to slam victories........i would term his tennis 'power tennis'........he is tall and has access to easy power........he is using that to his advantage and playing well.......after all the sport is mostly about maximizing your talent and winning whatever you can, not about how much talent you have and how much you have wasted it.......

does it surprise anyone to see that people who support a clueless and gutless pusher like roddick are finding it difficult to appreciate del potro's gen-X tennis which is full of power and guts........

bottomline: i don't know about others but the fundamental objective of most of the federer supporters at MTF - support whoever federer dominates and talk down whoever he gets dominated by........

as long as fed kept beating a young del potro, we heard what a genius fed was and how he was a bad match up to del potro........now that del potro has reversed the trend and started beating their sweetheart, he is branded a ballbasher....... :haha:

coffeenomore
04-09-2010, 11:14 AM
What a silly question. Djoko is all-rounder, while Del Puta is one-dimensional amoeba.:zzz: Del Puta = hard courts version of Nadull, which says it all. Djokovic at least doesn't embarrass our sport as like those two do.

bokehlicious
04-09-2010, 11:27 AM
bottomline: i don't know about others but the fundamental objective of most of the federer supporters at MTF - support whoever federer dominates and talk down whoever he gets dominated by........

Stop being obsessed by Federer and his fans :silly:

Bottom line: Fed is dominated by neither of those 2 so think again.

B.C.H.
04-09-2010, 02:10 PM

:confused: Sorry, but I disagree with you.

I voted for Nole.

B.z.A.
04-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Grass = JMDP > Novak
Hard = JMDP > Novak
Clay = Novak > or same to JMDP

Del potro is far better player, imo.

Puschkin
04-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Grass = JMDP > Novak
What did del Potro achieve on grass to say that? :confused:

B.C.H.
04-09-2010, 02:23 PM
2R on Wimbledon:lol:

Lleyton_
04-09-2010, 02:36 PM
del potro is not just a ballbasher........you can never ballbash your way to slam victories........i would term his tennis 'power tennis'........he is tall and has access to easy power........he is using that to his advantage and playing well.......after all the sport is mostly about maximizing your talent and winning whatever you can, not about how much talent you have and how much you have wasted it.......

I hate the fact that Federer and his fans keep owning me WAH WAH WAH

Yes you can. Del Potro is a ballbasher, a very good one.

Radalek
04-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Grass = JMDP > Novak
Hard = JMDP > Novak
Clay = Novak > or same to JMDP

Del potro is far better player, imo.

Grass - Novak semifinal + quarterfinal of Wimbledon, Delpo nothing, Novak>Delpo
Hard - Novak 1 slam won + one slam final + TMC won + 4 masters won , Delpo 1 slam won , Novak>Delpo
Clay - Novak 2 slam semis + 1 quarters + 1 masters won, Delpo 1 slam quarters Novak>Delpo
H2H Novak - Delpo 3-0

All in all, so far by far Novak>Delpo.

/thread

oranges
04-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Hard - Novak 1 slam won + one slam final + TMC won + 4 masters won , Delpo 1 slam won , Novak>Delpo
Clay - Novak 2 slam semis + 1 quarters + 1 masters won, Delpo 1 slam quarters Novak>Delpo
H2H Novak - Delpo 3-0

/thread

Except the OP didn't ask about achievements, but about the quality of the game ;)

2008 Djokovic would have the edge IMO, more variety, better angles, as good on the offense, better on the defense. I wouldn't say it's still true as he's game has been on the downhill, and I don't mean just the latest slump and serve problems. Adopting too much of a pusher game is not doing him any favors. You'd think they'll learn from Roddick's example, but no :p

duong
04-09-2010, 08:41 PM
This poll is equivalent to asking "who's better ? Federer or Hewitt" in the beginning of 2003 :lol:

Know what people would have answered ? ;)

ZaZoo)
04-09-2010, 09:45 PM
So far its Djokovic in every aspect.

JediFed
04-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Roddick.

Funny to hear the same said today. ;)

duong
04-09-2010, 10:34 PM
as long as fed kept beating a young del potro, we heard what a genius fed was and how he was a bad match up to del potro........now that del potro has reversed the trend and started beating their sweetheart, he is branded a ballbasher....... :haha:

no I've never agreed with that "brand", but that's not right : he was also branded as a ballbasher before, he has even rather earnt consideration since then.

Radalek
04-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Except the OP didn't ask about achievements, but about the quality of the game ;)

2008 Djokovic would have the edge IMO, more variety, better angles, as good on the offense, better on the defense. I wouldn't say it's still true as he's game has been on the downhill, and I don't mean just the latest slump and serve problems. Adopting too much of a pusher game is not doing him any favors. You'd think they'll learn from Roddick's example, but no :p

Look who did I quoted ;). Anyway atm...Djokovic is playing at least and Del Potro will soon reach 3 months without tennis... Even in his slump Djokovic managed to snatch one title and we know he was in similar slump last year before clay season started, hopefully he will go out of it soon. If he solves what ever it's wrong with his serve he'll be back. And to be honest I'm worried abut Del Potro, wouldn't want him to be plagued by injuries troughout his career and so far it's not looking good...

Haelfix
04-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Past - Djoker
Present - Both are awol atm
Future- tough to decide, but if you put a gun to my head i'd say DelPotro.

Who has more talent between the two? Tough to quantify. DelPotro is a ballbasher, but such a skilled one that it's hard to pick against him. He has effortless and consistent power of both wings,a vastly improved serve, he can tee off second serves and his movement is pretty good for such a big guy, and he's tough mentally.

Djoker otoh used to have effortless power of both wings, used to have a good serve, and still has elite movement. I don't know what that means anymore though, given his current predicament

paseo
04-10-2010, 05:39 AM
Let's compare their skills.
-Forehand : Del Potro
-Backhand : I don't know. Djokovic's backhand is great, but Del Potro's is not bad either. Maybe Djokovic's is a bit better, so Djokovic.
-Serve : Del Potro
-Movement : Djokovic
-Volley/Net game : Even.
-Stamina : I not sure. Even?

Do you agree? Or am I wrong? What do you think?

Clara Bow
04-10-2010, 05:58 AM
Hard to say.

I think despite his recent slump Nole will be the more conistent of the two. He is very solid and can have very solid offensive groudstokes combined with great defense. And when he is in his prime- his serve can be clutch.

On the other hand- Delpo before his injury was on a trajectory and with his forehand and serve can make it very hard to beat him when he is clicking. Not to mention his bh. And with his span and his saying he wants to improve at the net he could get imo solid atthe net.

Who knows. I think both have the talent to have more than one grand slam each. I do think if they honed on their sKills Nole could be more steady and that could bode him well where Delpo could have some two week runs where he catches lightning in a bottle and that could also bode him well for another gs.

This poll is equivalent to asking "who's better ? Federer or Hewitt" in the beginning of 2003

Know what people would have answered ?

I don't think it is the same- I can't imagine there being a 16-2 differential and I don't see why either Nole or Delpo should be sneered down at yet. Why should we be jeering at them

Nor Hewitt in 2003 for that matter.

FlameOn
04-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Let's compare their skills.
-Forehand : Del Potro
-Backhand : I don't know. Djokovic's backhand is great, but Del Potro's is not bad either. Maybe Djokovic's is a bit better, so Djokovic.
-Serve : Del Potro
-Movement : Djokovic
-Volley/Net game : Even.
-Stamina : I not sure. Even?

Do you agree? Or am I wrong? What do you think?
Volley/Netgame is definitely Djokovic. Everything else I think you have right. ;)

duong
04-10-2010, 08:52 AM
I don't think it is the same- I can't imagine there being a 16-2 differential and I don't see why either Nole or Delpo should be sneered down at yet. Why should we be jeering at them

Nor Hewitt in 2003 for that matter.

:confused: :confused:

Who is sneered down at ?

In the beginning of 2003, Hewitt had finished two consecutive years at number 1 and that's what you call a great player.

And Federer he had even achieved far less than Del Potro.

Actually the comparison between Federer and Hewitt at that moment was more at the advantage of Hewitt than that between Djokovic and Del Potro.

And Federer was the same age as Del Potro (Hewitt was just 6 months older, even less difference than between Djokovic and Del Potro).

That's all I mean :shrug:

Which means that in several years the summary and people's impressions might be totally opposite :shrug:

I think there's no example more obvious than that :shrug:

And I didn't intend to sneer down at or jeer at anybody :confused:

B.z.A.
04-10-2010, 09:27 AM
What did del Potro achieve on grass to say that? :confused:

H2H Novak - Delpo 3-0

/thread

NHF, I was not watching results, its just my personal opinion.
for me winning the US Open is > than AO

FlameOn
04-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Um why?

Roddickominator
04-10-2010, 09:51 AM
AO is the mickey mouse Slam, everyone knows that.

Wimbledon>US Open>Roland Garros>AO

FlameOn
04-10-2010, 09:54 AM

The USO at the end of the year where everyone's tired and banged up. At the AO at least people are more rested (well, should be anyway).

I'd say it's harder to win an AO than a USO title.

tennishero
04-10-2010, 10:12 AM
i think novak currently has the edge in terms of achievements, but he is also a year older. delpo will have the better career though and should reach #1 soon.

B.z.A.
04-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Um why?
US Open is in the third quater of the year, here is still summer, I dont go do sleep till 3am casue im watching matches and so. I have really good memories from US open.

I'd say it's harder to win an AO than a USO title.
Maybe it is, AO is at the start of the year, there are only few tournaments before it so some players cant get into good shape till then.

paseo
04-10-2010, 11:26 AM

I always think so, too. But even though I feel that AO has the least prestige among the slams, it's definitely not a mickey mouse slam.

CR3WLFC
04-10-2010, 11:35 AM
One a good day Del Potro

ZaZoo)
04-10-2010, 05:57 PM
There's no such thing as mickey mouse slam lol

SetSampras
04-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Djokovic is utter crap and a joke of a tennis player anymore..And I would assume Del Potro will probably accomplish more than Djokovic has bearing injury. Djokovic has been in and around the top 3-4 or so for the last 2 years with 1 slam to show for himself. Del Potro bearing injury should probably end up with 3-5 anyways. I dont see Djokovic winning another one. He's finished.

Del Potro is the player with the most upside. Not Crapovic or Slamless Slurray. These two have had their countless chances and both have been complete fucking jokes of underperformers. Del Potro with in first slam semis and finals GOT IT DONE taking out Nadal and Roger back to back. Djokovic and Murray as proven by their track record.. FAIL to get it done!!!

Nole fan
04-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Djokovic is utter crap and a joke of a tennis player anymore..And I would assume Del Potro will probably accomplish more than Djokovic has bearing injury. Djokovic has been in and around the top 3-4 or so for the last 2 years with 1 slam to show for himself. Del Potro bearing injury should probably end up with 3-5 anyways. I dont see Djokovic winning another one. He's finished.

Del Potro is the player with the most upside. Not Crapovic or Slamless Slurray. These two have had their countless chances and both have been complete fucking jokes of underperformers. Del Potro with in first slam semis and finals GOT IT DONE taking out Nadal and Roger back to back. Djokovic and Murray as proven by their track record.. FAIL to get it done!!!

Really, man, what crack do you smoke? i want some. :smoke:

emotion
04-11-2010, 02:00 AM
Even bearing injury? Spelling mocking ftw!

.-Federers_Mate-.
04-11-2010, 02:05 AM
I always think so, too. But even though I feel that AO has the least prestige among the slams, it's definitely not a mickey mouse slam.

dont EVER say that again :mad:. Australian Open is easily the best slam. Can't believe u just said that..should be ashamed :boxing:

.-Federers_Mate-.
04-11-2010, 02:07 AM
US Open is in the third quater of the year, here is still summer, I dont go do sleep till 3am casue im watching matches and so. I have really good memories from US open.

Maybe it is, AO is at the start of the year, there are only few tournaments before it so some players cant get into good shape till then.

Bullshit, maybe if they played brisbane,Sydney etc instead of exhos..they would be better prepared competitively. They have the whoe off-season. Bottom Line: Aus open is better than the other slams

.-Federers_Mate-.
04-11-2010, 02:10 AM

no way... yay i get a new lexus and a fuking pat on the back from dick engberg :o. Aus-open is so Prestigious that it made Federer and Murray cry...

.-Federers_Mate-.
04-11-2010, 02:12 AM

What a load of crap. Aus-open>Wimby>French>Us-open. Ur just pissed because the Australian open is too far away to go to.

SetSampras
04-11-2010, 02:28 AM
Even bearing injury? Spelling mocking ftw!

Well bearing some serious big time injury which could end his career.

Del Potro for sure has the most upside. Im sure he will only get better on grass. He can play at the USO obviously and on hardcourt general. He is a tough son of a gun on clay. Now if he can just stay healthy, the sky is the limit. But whats most important is his ability to be aggressive and blow the opponent off the court and his already pretty good mentally toughness against the top dogs as we saw at the USO. Djokovic used to do that until he became a complete sissy mentally. Murray can;t do that.

Aggressive players see big time success as long as they have the fitness and mental toughness. Guys with little mental toughness or being mentally frail if you will dont see a ton of success when it matters most (see Djokovic.. Hasnt done shit in slams for 2 years). Pushers see success but only for a very period (Murray falls into this category). He may get a slam or two.. But thats it for him. He doesnt have enough weapons, shitty 2nd serve, too passive in play. No long term success with his style of play

KaiserT
04-11-2010, 02:33 AM
Djoko serves like a woman, he'll grind himself into retirement by 25 :lol:

paseo
04-11-2010, 04:40 AM
dont EVER say that again :mad:. Australian Open is easily the best slam. Can't believe u just said that..should be ashamed :boxing:

I'm sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. But, it's a matter of opinion, and everyone is entitled to it. Maybe I'll change my opinion in the future. Who knows? :)

Topspin Forehand
04-11-2010, 05:36 AM
Djokovic better on clay and grass. Del Potro better on hardcourts. Baseline bashing suits best on hardcourts where you get a true bounce and better balance.

B.z.A.
04-11-2010, 06:55 AM
Bullshit, maybe if they played brisbane,Sydney etc instead of exhos..they would be better prepared competitively. They have the whoe off-season. Bottom Line: Aus open is better than the other slams

Yeah, they have time to prepare for new season, but they dont play many matches before AO.

no way... yay i get a new lexus and a fuking pat on the back from dick engberg :o. Aus-open is so Prestigious that it made Federer and Murray cry...
Ok, Its just my opinion, dont take things so serious.

Time Violation
04-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Mickey mouse slam? I guess that three words show in a nutshell, just how much clueless some people can be. :cool:

Vida
04-11-2010, 05:56 PM
thing is you cant really say. last time they played was a year ago. Del Potro played Federer strong but chocked at FO, while Novak beat him handily in Rome. both are screwed over shaky serve and injury.

king_roger
04-11-2010, 06:13 PM
What a load of crap. Aus-open>Wimby>French>Us-open. Ur just pissed because the Australian open is too far away to go to.

I think only Wimbledon is above the rest because of its prestige, grass, history ect. But in the last few years Australian Open has had by far the best matches...

Start da Game
04-11-2010, 06:26 PM
wimbledon has become crap over the last 7 or 8 years, with the tennis played there being not in the essence of real grass court tennis........

french open is the only slam that has successfully maintained its aura through out and still going strong........

wimbledon used to be my fav slam 10 years ago.......but now for me, french open > australian open > wimbledon > us open.......

us open is the real clown slam with its final set tie breaks, totally messed up schedules and the final being just a test of overcoming fatigue and tiredness of the semifinal.......

Amber Spyglass
04-11-2010, 10:24 PM
wimbledon has become crap over the last 7 or 8 years, with the tennis played there being not in the essence of real grass court tennis........

french open is the only slam that has successfully maintained its aura through out and still going strong........

wimbledon used to be my fav slam 10 years ago.......but now for me, french open > australian open > wimbledon > us open.......

us open is the real clown slam with its final set tie breaks, totally messed up schedules and the final being just a test of overcoming fatigue and tiredness of the semifinal.......

That's true,it's quite pitiful when Wimbledon and RG(no night sessions) manage to give the players a day off between semi and final and the US Open with night sessions can't do the same.It's all about the green notes and blockbuster advertising posters(Super Saturday) for the US Open organisers.RG is also my fave though last year sucked with Fed being the only one of the top 4 left for nearly all of the second week.The US usually manages to keep the majority of the top 4 for semis which has been it's one good point in the last couple of years

Topspin Forehand
04-11-2010, 10:29 PM

Clay was playing pretty fast last year. I'd say the Australian Open has stayed the same speed wise.

duong
04-12-2010, 11:07 AM
thing is you cant really say. last time they played was a year ago. Del Potro played Federer strong but chocked at FO, while Novak beat him handily in Rome. both are screwed over shaky serve and injury.

comparing the way Djok beat Fed in Roma and the way Del Potro played against him in RG :eek: : it was not at all the same Federer, Fed in Roma played crap in final two sets :haha: ; in RG he played great in final two sets.

By the way RG last year is an underrated tournament, there were some very good matches. I don't say that for Federer but for instance for Söderling, Gonzalez, Del Potro, who played very good tennis, Monfils played quite well, even Murray and Davydenko ... apart from top-players (yes I know Nadal and Djokovic lost before QF ...), the overall level was more interesting than previous years.

Vida
04-12-2010, 11:45 AM
comparing the way Djok beat Fed in Roma and the way Del Potro played against him in RG :eek: : it was not at all the same Federer, Fed in Roma played crap in final two sets :haha: ; in RG he played great in final two sets.

By the way RG last year is an underrated tournament, there were some very good matches. I don't say that for Federer but for instance for Söderling, Gonzalez, Del Potro, who played very good tennis, Monfils played quite well, even Murray and Davydenko ... apart from top-players (yes I know Nadal and Djokovic lost before QF ...), the overall level was more interesting than previous years.

I was referring to djokovic-delpotro match on clay, it was Monte Carlo or Rome. my mistake.

and yes, despite both nadal and djoko went out early it was not a bad slam at all. federer delpo semis was very good.

Persimmon
04-12-2010, 02:23 PM
That's true,it's quite pitiful when Wimbledon and RG(no night sessions) manage to give the players a day off between semi and final and the US Open with night sessions can't do the same.It's all about the green notes and blockbuster advertising posters(Super Saturday) for the US Open organisers.RG is also my fave though last year sucked with Fed being the only one of the top 4 left for nearly all of the second week.The US usually manages to keep the majority of the top 4 for semis which has been it's one good point in the last couple of years

Super Saturday handicaps the older players for the final:o