Funny scoreline. Epic Chela :worship:

Ad Wim
04-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Good result Schwank :lol:

Typical challenger-only guy atm.

Horatio Caine
04-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Edu :o

Really needs to step it up at ATP level, otherwise he'll be taking a tumble back out of the top 100 again. :tape:

Still on course for a year-end top 100 finish...can get 30pts just by turning up at the Slams, and would then only need approx. 130pts worth of wins. Looks like he might limp over the line at this rate.

Mateya
04-07-2010, 09:22 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :rocker2: :rocker2: :worship:

Strange scoreline, but who cares, even two breadsticks from Juan!!! Huh, my expectations have suddenly risen - can J.I.C. do something on europian clay?
Anyway, nice way to finish the day here. :zzz:

Geo
04-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Schwank :retard: any time Chela wins it's bad for tennis :sad:

HattonWBA
04-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Expected win for Juan, Schwank really impressed me a while back however really seems to have dipped drastically, now struggles to win tour matches. Anyway well done Chela

KaiserT
04-08-2010, 01:30 AM
Schwank was fined $1000 for not trying in the third set, according to a journalist who was courtside.

The ATP didn't much care for Schwank's performance either. It fined him a thousand bucks.
about 3 hours ago via web
Eduardo Schwank made a spectacle of himself on the court. He deserved the boos he got for not trying. Matches like that hurt tennis.
about 4 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/sptdlr

Schwank is a nutjob.

Snoo Foo
04-08-2010, 01:35 AM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/34.gif

Geo
04-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Schwank was fined $1000 for not trying in the third set, according to a journalist who was courtside.

The ATP didn't much care for Schwank's performance either. It fined him a thousand bucks.
about 3 hours ago via web
Eduardo Schwank made a spectacle of himself on the court. He deserved the boos he got for not trying. Matches like that hurt tennis.
about 4 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/sptdlr

Schwank is a nutjob.

:spit:

so why would he bother winning the 2nd set?

KaiserT
04-08-2010, 01:46 AM
:spit:

so why would he bother winning the 2nd set?

Because he's a nutjob :lol:

philosophicalarf
04-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Strange occurences are almost the norm in Chela matches :-)

KaiserT
04-08-2010, 01:52 AM
All looks set-up for an epic Chela vs Massu final.

TMJordan
04-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Schwank is such a giant mug. Will never make anything of himself.

Caio_Brasil
04-08-2010, 03:11 AM
The Chelita factor.

Snoo Foo
04-08-2010, 04:16 AM
doh

Schwank fined after losing to Chela
(http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=5065466)
HOUSTON -- Eduardo Schwank was fined $1,000 for his erratic and unusual play after losing 6-1, 6-7 (5), 6-1 to fellow Argentine Juan Ignacio Chela in the second round of the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships.

Schwank, the seventh seed, says a back problem caused him to use numerous drop shots and lobs in his Wednesday match. The crowd booed him after he foot-faulted on match point.

Defending champion Lleyton Hewitt was set to play lucky loser Somdev Devvarman of India in his first singles match since recovering from hip surgery on Jan. 29 later Wednesday.

"The problem with my back, it affected me mentally so it didn't help the match," Schwank said through an interpreter. "I was doing drop shots to shorten the point so to not exert my back so much and also to make him run and get him tired."

Chela said it was difficult to play at such an inconsistent pace.

"It's hard to keep concentration when two points are very well played and two points are poorly played," Chela said through an interpreter. "He kept doing those drop shots so it was really hard to focus. I tried to stay on course and play my best tennis."

Schwank said his back had bothered him for a few days. He planned to return home and expects to play at Barcelona.

"Well I don't like to retire, that's why I just played until the end," Schwank said. "For me it was the same, retiring or not. At the end it's the same. I'd rather stay on the court and lose on court."

Chela disagreed with the strategy.

"I think if you have any sort of pain, where you don't feel well and aren't able to give 100 percent on the court, it's better to just retire," he said.

Iris~
04-08-2010, 04:49 AM
:o
So,in ATP's mind,what is the real reason of edu's erratic and unusual play ?

KaiserT
04-08-2010, 04:53 AM
It's funny.

ATP don't fine blatant fixers, but they fine this.

I guess Christophe Rochus, Daniel Koellerer and the like must be very good at disguising not trying to win.

bad gambler
04-08-2010, 04:57 AM
Eddie must not know the betfair rules

Henry Chinaski
04-08-2010, 05:02 AM
just read the match report after arriving home drunk and when I clicked the match thread I expected to see reports of a fix.

quite strange that a fine can be handed out so quickly. is the umpire judge and jury or what?

apart from all that.......basically what Kaiser T said in the above post

andy neyer
04-08-2010, 05:19 AM
All looks set-up for an epic Chela vs Massu final.

:worship:

el_genio
04-08-2010, 06:01 AM
:eek: Chela in moral high ground shocker!

*Jean*
04-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Eduardo :o :o

n8
04-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Gees, if that article is correct it's very unfair on Schwank. I mean he played through pain and adjusted his strategy, he should be complemented, not fined. His career tour level record is a respectable 23-37; not too bad really.

Snoo Foo
04-08-2010, 09:54 AM
i didn't see the match but from what i gather it was The Cavalcade of Abominable Dropshots that broke the camel's back. i wonder if either player was fined when chela beat luczak 6-0 1-6 6-0 in acapulco :lol:

woodrow1029
04-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Well that article doesn't really tell the whole story.

What I heard is that he was hitting full swing drop shots on return of serves and then in the last game was just deliberately sailing balls way out. Then on match point, he was called for a foot fault on first serve. So on the second serve, he stepped way into the court (like both feet) to deliberately foot fault to lose the match. So, it was definitely a fine based on the "best efforts" conduct violation.

h) Best Efforts

i)

A player shall use his best efforts during the match when competing in a tournament.

Violation of this section shall subject a player to a fine up to $10,000

for each violation.

ii)

For purposes of this rule, the supervisor and/or the chair umpire shall have

the authority to penalize a player in accordance with the Point Penalty

Schedule. In circumstances that are flagrant and particularly injurious to the
success of a tournament, or are singularly egregious, a single violation of this

section shall also constitute the player Major Offense of Aggravated Behavior.

roberthenman
04-09-2010, 04:56 AM
Edu :sad: