RafaChat Part 19 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RafaChat Part 19

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Metis
09-07-2008, 10:06 PM
someone just started throwing firecrackers in the neighborhood; must be a Fedtard :rolls:

stebs
09-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Murray takes it. I am shocked by the way he did it. Nadal really looked like he was the tired one at the end of that match. Uncharacteristic to his a drop shot MP down and ill advised against someone as quick as Murray.

Corey Feldman
09-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Just dont know what to do with myself

unbelievable

thx for the errors in that 3*-2 game Rafa :o

SO PROUD

what a final !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tennizen
09-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Mikey, you must be very happy:hug::lol:

l_mac
09-07-2008, 10:10 PM
OMG shut up Rusedski :retard:

Metis
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Murray takes it. I am shocked by the way he did it. Nadal really looked like he was the tired one at the end of that match. Uncharacteristic to his a drop shot MP down and ill advised against someone as quick as Murray.

I was surprised with that point too. He looked as if he wanted to end it quickly. :tape: I thought he might try to go for an ace.

adee-gee
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Unbelievable stuff from Andy :worship:

I wanted him to win, but I felt sad at the end, Rafa was being so sporting :sad:

Congrats Federer, deserved slam :yeah:

scoobs
09-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Amazing. When he went down a break in that fourth set I thought he'd blown it. Nadal let him back in and he just ran with it.

I'm quite overwhelmed.

Laba
09-07-2008, 10:12 PM
From being broken from 3-1 30-00 to using that dropshot on MP... the disappointment I was really trying not to feel is gutting. >.>

l_mac
09-07-2008, 10:14 PM
It's embarrassing listening to the Sky team :rolls: :rolls:

l_mac
09-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Oh my GOD SHUT UP BLANDY.

Metis
09-07-2008, 10:22 PM
just to make Linda feel better, here's another photo of Fluffy :inlove:

http://xark.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/worlds_ugliest_dog.JPG

Laba
09-07-2008, 10:26 PM
On a completely unrelated note.... IT IS NOT FUCKING PRONOUNCED "ZONGA"!

They are replaying the 4th set tb between Tsonga/Fakervic @ AO here... and the commentary is appalling.

l_mac
09-07-2008, 10:26 PM
:inlove:

I don't need cheering up. Now the emotion of the match is over I can be pleased for Murray :D

And Rafa won't take a hit in his winning % in finals :bigclap:

tennizen
09-07-2008, 10:27 PM
:rolls: Metis.

The only thing that bothers me in this whole thing is the British hype.Linda I sympathize with you for that:lol:

l_mac
09-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Will Ferrell :inlove:

l_mac
09-07-2008, 10:28 PM
:rolls: Metis.

The only thing that bothers me in this whole thing is the British hype.Linda I sympathize with you for that:lol:

Doesn't bother me that much. I like Murray.

I can't bear the Sky team though.

TMJordan
09-07-2008, 10:28 PM
I just hope Federer will beat that Scottish prick.

l_mac
09-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I just hope Federer will beat that Scottish prick.

I hope the exact opposite :hug:

TMJordan
09-07-2008, 10:42 PM
I hope the exact opposite :hug:

I'm sure the kilt wearing Scot will bend over :hug:

Corey Feldman
09-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Mikey, you must be very happy:hug::lol:Just in shock .. did not think he was gonna win today - he played nowhere near like he did yesterday... but Rafa, for once alllllllllll year, made some errors on big points :eek:
but the right man won this match

Congrats Federer, deserved slam :yeah::lol: cant believe you still think Fed is playing like his old self

dont lose faith, Muzza has a big chance

i dont even wanna think how i'm gonna feel tomorrow night when these 2 are playing - just hope the best performance on the day wins it

Laba
09-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I think I'm gonna deal with it by taking the 4th round - - > SF improvement into account, along with the fact that he was surely gonna go down to Fed in the final.

It's just that pulling out the SF from 2 sets down would have been epic, and about the very real chance he had in the fourth, to lose that was very hard to watch.

I can't take it as well as I did the AO one though, 'cause I like Tsonga and was very happy for him. Also, his performance was absolutely sick.

Enjoy some rest, Rafa... and come back charged.

dorkino
09-07-2008, 11:01 PM
I think I'm gonna deal with it by taking the 4th round - - > SF improvement into account, along with the fact that he was surely gonna go down to Fed in the final.

It's just that pulling out the SF from 2 sets down would have been epic, and about the very real chance he had in the fourth, to lose that was very hard to watch.

I can't take it as well as I did the AO one though, 'cause I like Tsonga and was very happy for him. Also, his performance was absolutely sick.

Enjoy some rest, Rafa... and come back charged.

Yes it would've been wonderful if Rafa won this but i guess obviously he was mentally not as fresh as needed and i think even if he had won it today, no way he could've won the final with such form.
So searching for the bright side , Rafa had a very good run, took some points and hopefully he still has the ability to improve without too much pression if you get what i mean.

Rafael needs some rest and hopefully keeps going taking the positives of this.

As for murray, i 'm happy for him and he deserves a :bigclap: but sadly, i don't think he'll be able to win. He still has problems with consistency. So Federer is to win it i guess and the wonderful lovely endless talks about the "real king" is to come again.

Minn
09-07-2008, 11:05 PM
I can't believe it! I got home just as the closing credits came up on the screen. I thought I'd be home to see most of it. Well, now I have no real preference tomorrow. Despite my sig. Murray a bit more.

Corey Feldman
09-07-2008, 11:10 PM
i got a congratulatory good rep from Deivid :D
that has to go down as one of my best reps ever

Bibberz
09-07-2008, 11:23 PM
:bigcry:

star
09-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Oh, well.

But that $(&*&%$!*$^_)($#*!! Murray better beat Federer tomorrow. Otherwise :armed:

adee-gee
09-07-2008, 11:27 PM
:lol: cant believe you still think Fed is playing like his old self

dont lose faith, Muzza has a big chance

i dont even wanna think how i'm gonna feel tomorrow night when these 2 are playing - just hope the best performance on the day wins it
The emotion of it all will be too much. This is such a big moment for him, he probably didn't sleep last night and won't sleep tonight. Best moment of his career. He'll be flat tomorrow and will lose.

I don't think Federer is playing well at all, I think he's been gifted the title by the USTA.
I would give you a :hug: but that signature is not only Mellow Yellow-esque in terms of size, it's also highly disturbing.

Bibberz
09-07-2008, 11:30 PM
I would give you a :hug: but that signature is not only Mellow Yellow-esque in terms of size, it's also highly disturbing.

I'll have to manage without your :hug:.....:sad:

Èclair recently had a larger signature. :shrug:

Corey Feldman
09-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Adam, go cheer yourself up by telling The Bioled Egg to shove it right up himself in the Murray bt Nadal match thread in gm ;)

Oh, well.

But that $(&*&%$!*$^_)($#*!! Murray better beat Federer tomorrow. Otherwise :armed:HELLO !!!!! HOW HAS YOUR DAY BEEN??:D

l_mac
09-07-2008, 11:35 PM
You can tell MTF hates Andy. Not even 200 posts on the match thread yet :sad:

Corey Feldman
09-07-2008, 11:39 PM
still barely 200 posts in the main Muzza forum thread Linda :sad: come in and say hello - you are one us afterall :hug:

rocketassist
09-07-2008, 11:44 PM
:wavey:

What a beautiful night. :D

l_mac
09-07-2008, 11:49 PM
still barely 200 posts in the main Muzza forum thread Linda :sad: come in and say hello - you are one us afterall :hug:

I don't feel comfortable in there anymore. :sad:

Oh God. Please don't freeze tomorrow, Andy.

Mikey, do you think Faren will be back tomorrow? His two favourites in a Slam final :haha:

adee-gee
09-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Adam, go cheer yourself up by telling The Bioled Egg to shove it right up himself in the Murray bt Nadal match thread in gm ;)
Done ;)

I'm gonna bump some threads now :cool:

Corey Feldman
09-07-2008, 11:52 PM
I don't feel comfortable in there anymore. :sad: get in :hug:

Mikey, do you think Faren will be back tomorrow? His two favourites in a Slam final :haha:I dont think he'll be back .... ever again! :haha:

Bibberz
09-07-2008, 11:52 PM
A Rafa fan would not give an answer like this :rolleyes:

Typical circular argument - if you don't want to believe I'm a Rafa fan, I guess I'll just have to cry myself to sleep every night.

Don't worry, I'll be brave ;)

:mad: you're too innocent.

It's been a long time since anyone descibed me as innocent ;)

I'm guessing it's not been that long, though, since you were described as irrational, biased and in possession of very bad shorts :hug:

http://www.vetnetwork.net/pca/articles/news/images/kitten-with-yarn.jpg

Corey Feldman
09-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Done ;)

I'm gonna bump some threads now :cool:Lets have some fun :devil:

savesthedizzle
09-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Rafa was so nice to Andy at the net :awww:

I hope Andy can win and doesn't get :scared: in his first final :unsure:

l_mac
09-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Rafa was so nice to Andy at the net :awww:
Because he's an angel.

An angel that plays like shit, but you can't have everything.

Man, it feels quite good to be back in the LoserAss frame of mind :D

I hope Andy can win and doesn't get :scared: in his first final :unsure:

:bigcry: I bet that's what will happen.

savesthedizzle
09-07-2008, 11:58 PM
I like your signature :D

adee-gee
09-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Because he's an angel.

An angel that plays like shit, but you can't have everything.

Man, it feels quite good to be back in the LoserAss frame of mind :D
Do you really think Rafa played shit today?

Bibberz
09-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Rafa was a good sport in defeat. He gave a nice wave to the crowd and he even managed to sign some autographs. Andy Roddick, on the other hand, fled the court after he lost.

I sincerely hope Muzza gives Federer a run for his money. I still think Federer will come through, though.

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Rafa was a good sport in defeat. He gave a nice wave to the crowd and he even managed to sign some autographs. Andy Roddick, on the other hand, fled the court after he lost.

I sincerely hope Muzza gives Federer a run for his money. I still think Federer will come through, though.

I do too :sad:

TMJordan
Please Linda, get rid of that sig, it really hurts my eyes.

l_mac
Do you really think Rafa played shit today?

I thought he was poor after the first 2 service games, yeah. He only played well being bp down.

I'm sort of glad he won't play Federer tomorrow. It could have been a pounding. :o I don't think this result will affect him mentally at all.

Why? You think he played well? :eek:

l_mac
09-08-2008, 12:06 AM

No. You've upset me today :awww:

rocketassist
09-08-2008, 12:07 AM
I thought he was poor after the first 2 service games, yeah. He only played well being bp down.

I'm sort of glad he won't play Federer tomorrow. It could have been a pounding. :o I don't think this result will affect him mentally at all.

He played as well as he was allowed to- is getting blown off the court playing crap, or opponent being too good, I suspect the latter. :p

TMJordan
09-08-2008, 12:07 AM
No. You've upset me today :awww:

I upset you because I supported your favorite tennis player? :confused:

rocketassist
09-08-2008, 12:08 AM

Who would you cheer for if it was Blake facing Murray? :p

adee-gee
09-08-2008, 12:10 AM

I don't think he played badly by any stretch. They had some amazing rallies. Murray was hitting his groundstrokes unbelievably well. Rafa was hitting his forehand a lot better than in previous matches (or in the first 2 sets).

It was high quality stuff. Murray's serve was a big factor, he served brilliantly and returned Nadal's serve as well as almost anyone has.

l_mac
09-08-2008, 12:10 AM
He played as well as he was allowed to- is getting blown off the court playing crap, or opponent being too good, I suspect the latter. :p
Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I think Andy played incredibly. But Rafa has been poor all tournament. His serve has sucked :sad:

He played a lot better today than he did yesterday.
I upset you because I supported your favorite tennis player? :confused:

You're being vile about my 2nd favourite.

TMJordan
09-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Who would you cheer for if it was Blake facing Murray? :p

I would stay away and have nothing to do with it.

If the match was in America, Murray, anywhere else, Flake.

Laba
09-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Did Rafa pull out of his optional before Madrid? Just wondering what his next tournament will be, probably in a month's time I'm guessing.

TMJordan
09-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Yeah, because he's a giant douche.

l_mac
09-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Did Rafa pull out of his optional before Madrid? Just wondering what his next tournament will be, probably in a month's time I'm guessing.

He never ha an optional on his schedule this year,

Only DC, Madrid, Paris and TMC till the end of the year.

wildegirl05
09-08-2008, 12:13 AM
it's going to be fun times for me here tomorrow :D but i won't chicken out :rocker2:

Corey Feldman
09-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Rafa was so nice to Andy at the net :awww:True... then again, he probably remembers how Muzza tried to make out with him at the net after the Wimby smashing :o
Nadal knows Muzza is a Rafatard

I hope Andy can win and doesn't get :scared: in his first final :unsure:He wont, he will love this, big stage... big match... limelight..... GOAT opponent :yeah:

l_mac
09-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Who do you want to win Mikey? Look into your heart.

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 12:15 AM
I felt left out with my flag, so I had to show my Scotland love too :p

adee-gee
09-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Who do you want to win Mikey? Look into your heart.
I think he wants Muzza to win. I can feel it :D
I felt left out with my flag, so I had to show my Scotland love too :p
:worship:

TMJordan
09-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Mikey definatly wants Federer...A real man.

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 12:20 AM

My dad is a Fedtard and threatened to hang a Swiss flag outside our house :sad:

Luckily we don't own one :rolls:

l_mac
09-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Andy told Rafa at the net that it was a pleasure to play him :inlove:

TMJordan
09-08-2008, 12:27 AM

..[/gayness]

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 12:29 AM

Awwww :D

scoobs
09-08-2008, 12:34 AM
..[/gayness]
And?

Dinosaur.

TMJordan
09-08-2008, 12:36 AM
And?

Dinosaur.

Nothing against gay people.

It's just pretty "gay" as the kids say. (what they said at the net)

scoobs
09-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Nothing against gay people.

It's just pretty "gay" as the kids say. (what they said at the net)
I just thought it was respectful - Andy has a ton of respect for Rafa but it didn't stop him sending him packing today.

TMJordan
09-08-2008, 12:42 AM
I just thought it was respectful - Andy has a ton of respect for Rafa but it didn't stop him sending him packing today.

I didn't see that much respect when he was "comeoning" Nadal's errors.

l_mac
09-08-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm off to bed. Night all :wavey:

TMJordan
09-08-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm off to bed. Night all :wavey:

Goodnight Linda, Go Roger :wavey:

Bibberz
09-08-2008, 12:45 AM
I didn't see that much respect when he was "comeoning" Nadal's errors.

I think Andy does respect Rafa, but those "Come Ons!" were obnoxious as all hell. I don't care whether he does it on an UE or not--I care about the sheer frequency. He probably let loose twenty "Come Ons!" in that one game that had like seven deuces. Absurd.

Someone needs to put a muzzle on Muzza.

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Night Linda :)

scoobs
09-08-2008, 12:48 AM
Murray can c'mon with every exhalation for all I care.

wildegirl05
09-08-2008, 12:53 AM
I think Andy does respect Rafa, but those "Come Ons!" were obnoxious as all hell. I don't care whether he does it on an UE or not--I care about the sheer frequency. He probably let loose twenty "Come Ons!" in that one game that had like seven deuces. Absurd.

Someone needs to put a muzzle on Muzza.

definitely seconded.

tennizen
09-08-2008, 12:55 AM
:lol: Muzza is the biggest Rafatard of them all. BD is just worried Fed will win. I also explain BD's fed-hating due to his Sampras tardism:p:D

wildegirl05
09-08-2008, 12:59 AM
wtf is this microsoft ad with bill gates and seinfeld?? :spit: :help:

tennizen
09-08-2008, 01:02 AM
I am somewhat disappointed with Rafa's interview:awww:

wildegirl05
09-08-2008, 01:06 AM
I am somewhat disappointed with Rafa's interview:awww:

me too, but i suspect we're disappointed for different reasons :lol:

tennizen
09-08-2008, 01:08 AM
me too, but i suspect we're disappointed for different reasons :lol:

what are you disappointed about:lol: That he didn't sound happy? I felt he harped too much on the tired aspect of it. I had the same complaint with Djokovic yesterday:lol:

Edit: I'll be back in a short while

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 01:09 AM
I have not seen it :sad: what does he say?

wildegirl05
09-08-2008, 01:09 AM
what are you disappointed about:lol: That he didn't sound happy? I felt he harped too much on the tired aspect of it. I had the same complaint with Djokovic yesterday:lol:

Edit: I'll be back in a short while

i figured it was the tired thing for you. i was upset he wasn't upset enough, actually. i know he's had a great run to the semis but he's so accepting of losses like this. it bugs me SO much. completely irrational but there you have it :)

Corey Feldman
09-08-2008, 01:12 AM

Who do you want to win Mikey? Look into your heart.I think it would mean more if Muzza won, being a historic moment for him and us... but Federer winning when it looked all year like he'd never win another GS - ever.

its a toughie :awww:

Mikey definatly wants Federer...A real man.
:lol:

Bibberz
09-08-2008, 01:21 AM
:lol: Muzza is the biggest Rafatard of them all. BD is just worried Fed will win. I also explain BD's fed-hating due to his Sampras tardism:p:D

What an incredibly vast oversimplification. It's not even particularly accurate.

i figured it was the tired thing for you. i was upset he wasn't upset enough, actually. i know he's had a great run to the semis but he's so accepting of losses like this. it bugs me SO much. completely irrational but there you have it :)

Yeah, but that's just what he says to reporters. Rafa cried for twenty minutes in the shower following his 2007 loss at Wimbledon, so I don't think Rafa necessarily accepts losses easily. He just doesn't make overly bitchy comments in pressers. I'd be disappointed if Rafa did "get angry."

tennizen
09-08-2008, 01:29 AM
I have not seen it :sad: what does he say?

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2008-09-07/200809071220832735446.html

:lol: What BD said. I think he doesn't say all he thinks in pressers. He is obviously terribly disappointed. For his standards, he seemed a little bitter to me, not giving Murray enough credit. Don't kill me for that view point.

I hold him to very high standards:lol:
What an incredibly vast oversimplification. It's not even particularly accurate.

Looks like I have upset you:awww: I was not being completely serious. Only partially:lol:

Mimi
09-08-2008, 01:30 AM
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::b igcry:

wildegirl05
09-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Yeah, but that's just what he says to reporters. Rafa cried for twenty minutes in the shower following his 2007 loss at Wimbledon, so I don't think Rafa necessarily accepts losses easily. He just doesn't make overly bitchy comments in pressers. I'd be disappointed if Rafa did "get angry."

no, i know losses like wimbly really get to him but i mean matches like this where he was making bad decisions and looked clueless for parts of the match. it's his attitude right after matches like that, that make me upset. or that chennai final or that davydenko final. he seems to be able to shrug them off.

not like rafa particularly cares what i think, but it does upset me.

wildegirl05
09-08-2008, 01:36 AM
:lol: What BD said. I think he doesn't say all he thinks in pressers. He is obviously terribly disappointed. For his standards, he seemed a little bitter to me, not giving Murray enough credit. Don't kill me for that view point.

I hold him to very high standards:lol:

:lol: i'm not going to kill you for that. it's good to hold rafi to high standards :inlove:

Bibberz
09-08-2008, 01:45 AM
no, i know losses like wimbly really get to him but i mean matches like this where he was making bad decisions and looked clueless for parts of the match. it's his attitude right after matches like that, that make me upset. or that chennai final or that davydenko final. he seems to be able to shrug them off.

I'll forgive him for that Chennai final because I do think that was a case of sheer exhaustion. I think Rafa played worse in the Davydenko loss than he did here.

Rafa makes adjustments following losses (Uncle Toni! :banana:), and that's the most important thing--this is why his post-loss pressers don't get to me. He has a talent for coping with adverse situations ranging from inclement weather to bad losses.

not like rafa particularly cares what i think, but it does upset me.

I care what you think. :hug: Well, I sometimes care....I don't care in this particular case, but I'm sure there is some conceivable situation where I might care about what you think. :D

EDIT: Okay, I sort of care. I can't "fully" care, though, because I know you'll still root for What's-His-Face tomorrow. :sad:

tennizen
09-08-2008, 01:50 AM
BD, is that signature meant for our pre-match football hatred:lol: I think it was the pre-match nervousness talking:lol:

star
09-08-2008, 01:52 AM

HELLO !!!!! HOW HAS YOUR DAY BEEN??:D

It's been swell except for about 40 minutes. :lol: :lol:

Yesterday was worse. :bigcry:

Bibberz
09-08-2008, 01:55 AM
BD, is that signature meant for our pre-match football hatred:lol: I think it was the pre-match nervousness talking:lol:

I saw some of those remarks, but they don't bother me in the slightest. Everyone's free to support whatever sports they want. :shrug: I'm not trying to convert anyone or anything. The comically large signature is my way of attempting to distract myself from Rafa's loss by focusing on football.

Football isn't going so well, though. My fantasy team is losing. So is Cheryl's. We won't have an official result until tomorrow night. Oh, and my favorite NFL team lost today. It's been a real banner weekend. :o

EDIT: I'm going to go run and listen to music. That should be sufficiently distracting. :D

Corey Feldman
09-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Hema, WG

Mellow Yellow is hatin on me :sad:

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Hema, WG

How could someone be hatin on you :speakles: :hug:

tennizen
09-08-2008, 01:57 AM
Hema, WG

Mikey:hug: I just read that. But you know with your favorite's success, you have got to take the hate too:D

wildegirl05
09-08-2008, 01:58 AM
I'll forgive him for that Chennai final because I do think that was a case of sheer exhaustion. I think Rafa played worse in the Davydenko loss than he did here.

Rafa makes adjustments following losses (Uncle Toni! :banana:), and that's the most important thing--this is why his post-loss pressers don't get to me. He has a talent for coping with adverse situations ranging from inclement weather to bad losses.

I care what you think. :hug: Well, I sometimes care....I don't care in this particular case, but I'm sure there is some conceivable situation where I might care about what you think. :D

EDIT: Okay, I sort of care. I can't "fully" care, though, because I know you'll still root for What's-His-Face tomorrow. :sad:

:rolls:

:hug: your post made me laugh. thanks :smooch:

and you better believe i'll be rooting for mr.carbuncle tomorrow :inlove: but i'll be the only one :unsure: :unsure:

wildegirl05
09-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Hema, WG

what happened mikey? :awww: is it because you don't have a favorite for tomorrow? :( i'll go check it out.

edit: :lol: mikey, you have a different definition of hating than i do :hug:

tennizen
09-08-2008, 02:00 AM
I saw some of those remarks, but they don't bother me in the slightest. Everyone's free to support whatever sports they want. :shrug: I'm not trying to convert anyone or anything. The comically large signature is my way of attempting to distract myself from Rafa's loss by focusing on football.

Football isn't going so well, though. My fantasy team is losing. So is Cheryl's. We won't have an official result until tomorrow night. Oh, and my favorite NFL team lost today. It's been a real banner weekend. :o

EDIT: I'm going to go run and listen to music. That should be sufficiently distracting. :D

:hug: for your bad weekend. Music and run should do you a world of good:D

wildegirl05
09-08-2008, 02:02 AM

:awww: poor BD :hug: :hug:

star
09-08-2008, 02:03 AM

So now we have to like your 2nd favorite TOO???? :p :p

:hug: One of the great things about Rafa is that he greets the press with the correct attitude that it's only a game. It takes a great deal of grace to do that after a tough loss.

Oh, and BD there was something really funny that you said too, but apparently I didn't quote it and now I can't remember what it was. Anyway -- :haha: :haha:

Metis
09-08-2008, 02:13 AM
:wavey:

Hema, everyone has been saying Rafito was tired from all the matches he's played. I don't think he overdid it in the interview and of course I am always objective :shrug:

WG, I don't see why you don't like that Rafa is not upset about the loss. Look at this quote:

Well, I accept the loses with the same calm when I win. So I am disappointing? Yes. But at the same time, I am happy because I did good semifinals here.

Clearly Rafa has meditated a lot on that Kipling poem that he recited so beautifully :hearts: and with perfect pronunciation at Wimbledon. :worship:

That interview was OK as far as I'm concerned; I was more shocked by Rafa's use of the word 'confrontation' :eek:

Metis
09-08-2008, 02:20 AM

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Is that why you went back to the baby fox avatar and posted the kitten photo? :awww:

My dad is a Fedtard and threatened to hang a Swiss flag outside our house :sad:

Luckily we don't own one :rolls:

:spit: I'm not surprised you don't support Federer then. :lol: I picked the rival of my dad's football team as my favorite. :devil:

tennizen
09-08-2008, 02:21 AM
Metis but yesterday Djokovic said the same thing and I believe some of us criticized him for mentioning that several times. I don't deny that he was tired. I just feel it was unnecessary to repeat it so much.

Edit: Jess:rolls: Your dad and mine have a lot in common. My dad did the exact same thing with Nadal

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 02:21 AM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Is that why you went back to the baby fox avatar and posted the kitten photo? :awww:

:spit: I'm not surprised you don't support Federer then. :lol: I picked the rival of my dad's football team as my favorite. :devil:

My dad doesn't really support Federer. He knows nothing about tennis and picked the first player he heard I didn't like ;)

wildegirl05
09-08-2008, 02:26 AM
WG, I don't see why you don't like that Rafa is not upset about the loss.

:rolls: that's because there's no rational explanation for it and it only makes sense in my head :o

i think my mom might become a fedaltard :banana: she's a fedtard but today she said she was rooting really hard for rafa :inlove:

edit: bananas are dancing again :woohoo:

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 02:28 AM
My bananas are not dancing :sad:

tennizen
09-08-2008, 02:29 AM
Metis, WG and all those who asked me to open the USO thread. I need your support:bigcry: Linda is blaming me for this loss:bigcry:

wildegirl05
09-08-2008, 02:29 AM
My bananas are not dancing :sad:

:hug: that is sad :sad: frozen bananas just look kinda creepy :scared:

wildegirl05
09-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Metis, WG and all those who asked me to open the USO thread. I need your support:bigcry: Linda is blaming me for this loss:bigcry:

:lol:

just pass the blame on to me and the thread title. i am so unhappy over this loss, i don't mind accepting some blame :bigcry:

Metis
09-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Metis but yesterday Djokovic said the same thing and I believe some of us criticized him for mentioning that several times. I don't deny that he was tired. I just feel it was unnecessary to repeat it so much.

:speakles: you dare to compare Rafito with the evil one? :eek: Linda will not be pleased. :(

My dad doesn't really support Federer. He knows nothing about tennis and picked the first player he heard I didn't like ;)

So in your case it was the other way around. :haha: At least I was a kid at the time. :lol:

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 02:36 AM

They really do :unsure:

tennizen
09-08-2008, 02:40 AM
:speakles: you dare to compare Rafito with the evil one? :eek: Linda will not be pleased. :(

She already blames me for Rafa's loss so I doubt it could be any worse:p:rolls:

Thanks for your support on the other thread:hug:

Btw, hubs is ill today and he is alone. I feel bad about that:sobbing:

Metis
09-08-2008, 02:41 AM
I've never had any problems with my bananas. They are always happy to see me. :dance:

I did my part :shrug:

i think my mom might become a fedaltard :banana: she's a fedtard but today she said she was rooting really hard for rafa :inlove:

It's never too late to improve oneself, that is the moral of the story. The next step for your mom will be to remove the fed- part. :D

tennizen
09-08-2008, 02:45 AM
I did my part :shrug:

I thanked you above:D Thanks again:hug::D

Metis
09-08-2008, 02:45 AM
She already blames me for Rafa's loss so I doubt it could be any worse:p:rolls:

Thanks for your support on the other thread:hug:

Sorry to hear that. :hug: I hope it's not too bad.

(It must be karma though; he was probably praying for Rafito to lose. :()

:p

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 02:46 AM

wildegirl05
09-08-2008, 02:46 AM

poor mr.hemmers :hug:

It's never too late to improve oneself, that is the moral of the story. The next step for your mom will be to remove the fed- part. :D

that's never gonna happen, she's a huge fedtard. whenever i go to the USO, i have to call her if i spot rogi - she doesn't care what time of day or night it is in india :lol: :hug:

tennizen
09-08-2008, 02:48 AM
Sorry to hear that. :hug: I hope it's not too bad.

It must be karma though; he was probably praying for Rafito to lose. :()

:lol: He really was rooting for Rafa to lose. But I prefer a healthy hub to fight over tennis matters. I need to destroy him at his best:rolls:

I'm off to bed now:wavey:

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 02:48 AM
Good for Murray making the final, but like anything there are problems with that. I mean when he get the hyperbole that he is better than Federer at his peak, bandwagoning increasing etc etc.

As for Rafa, this is his best ever season, no matter what happens from now to the end of it.

Metis
09-08-2008, 02:53 AM
night Hema :wavey:

what's wrong Jess? :awww:

that's never gonna happen, she's a huge fedtard. whenever i go to the USO, i have to call her if i spot rogi - she doesn't care what time of day or night it is in india :lol: :hug:

I see... she's at the Mirkaland level of Fedtardism. Not even R=FK can help her see the light... :sad:

Minn
09-08-2008, 02:54 AM
edit: bananas are dancing again :woohoo:

Mine too! :banana: :banana:

Actually, frozen bananas dipped in chocolate are quite good :shrug: ;)

I've never had any problems with my bananas. They are always happy to see me. :dance:

:haha:

WG, I found something you should buy for your dog. While Rafa was losing this afternoon, I was at my brother's. He got something called a Click It (I think). It's from Walmart. It's a handle about a foot long and a tennis ball fits into perfectly at one end. It helps you throw the ball farther - a lot farther. She loves it and I bet he would too. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

And with that, I'm off to bed. Happy Monday, people.

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 02:55 AM
what's wrong Jess? :awww:

a) Serena is taking too long to win :sad:
b) My bananas don't love me :sad:

Metis
09-08-2008, 03:01 AM
:haha: This made me think of that cheesy line, "Is that a banana in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"

:rolls: I didn't think of that phrase when I wrote that.

a) Serena is taking too long to win :sad:
b) My bananas don't love me :sad:

:hug:

It's more exciting though with Jankovic winning a set. I thought she was going to get completely overwhelmed by the occasion. She celebrates too much Serena's UEs though. :tape:

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 03:02 AM
I used to be a huge Jankovic fan but I cannot stand her at all anymore :rolls:

Metis
09-08-2008, 03:06 AM
predictably she will get broken here and then in her next game again :rolleyes:

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 03:07 AM
predictably she will get broken here and then in her next game again :rolleyes:

If I'm lucky :D

Metis
09-08-2008, 03:14 AM
Jankovic :lol: an ugly df after a beautiful ace.

Bibberz
09-08-2008, 03:19 AM
Cheryl's chances at winning her fantasy game have improved significantly during the last two hours or so. I give her a 40-45% chance. :D

:hug: for your bad weekend. Music and run should do you a world of good:D

It helped. :D I'll lift some weights later to do some more good. :dance:

Oh, and BD there was something really funny that you said too, but apparently I didn't quote it and now I can't remember what it was. Anyway -- :haha: :haha:

:hug: Is that why you went back to the baby fox avatar and posted the kitten photo?

I really like the baby fox avatar. :D I had to crop it when I was a lowly "registered" member. Now that I'm "premium" I can include the whole photo, which is best.

I posted the kitten photo because whenever I see Scoobs and Adam "argue" I am reminded of a cat/kitten (Scoobs, obviously) playing with a ball of yarn (Adam). Those two are precious. :)

My dad doesn't really support Federer. He knows nothing about tennis and picked the first player he heard I didn't like

"I think your old man and my old man should get together and go bowling."

:lol: just pass the blame on to me and the thread title. i am so unhappy over this loss, i don't mind accepting some blame :bigcry:

This is one of those rare occasions where blaming you will not help things.

Actually, frozen bananas dipped in chocolate are quite good :shrug: ;)

I prefer the bananas when they don't dance for some reason.

WG, I found something you should buy for your dog. While Rafa was losing this afternoon, I was at my brother's. He got something called a Click It (I think). It's from Walmart. It's a handle about a foot long and a tennis ball fits into perfectly at one end. It helps you throw the ball farther - a lot farther. She loves it and I bet he would too. Just thought I'd let you know. :)That's our Gertie. Always thoughtful. :D

I used to be a huge Jankovic fan but I cannot stand her at all anymore :rolls:

It's her voice, isn't it? You can tell me. She sounds just like Arianna Huffington without the...I'm going to stop right there. BD must learn to exercise discretion. He should probably also refrain from referring to himself in the third person....

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 03:21 AM
Jankovic grazing on grass in some paddock with the horseface and Serena, well she is Serena.

TMJordan
09-08-2008, 03:25 AM
90000 :smoke:

Metis
09-08-2008, 03:30 AM
10000 more to go :D

Serena's celebrations :rolleyes: As if this was her first slam. I can't say I cared about the outcome of this match at all. :shrug:

time to go to bed :wavey:

savesthedizzle
09-08-2008, 03:32 AM
Serena wins :D Time for bed :lol:

Bibberz
09-08-2008, 03:37 AM
10000 more to go :D

Serena's celebrations :rolleyes: As if this was her first slam. I can't say I cared about the outcome of this match at all. :shrug:

time to go to bed :wavey:

Metis, you need to change your avatar. It's depressing me. :sobbing:

Metis
09-08-2008, 03:38 AM
Metis, you need to change your avatar. It's depressing me. :sobbing:

I forgot about that :rolls:

Bibberz
09-08-2008, 03:57 AM
I forgot about that :rolls:

Much better! :yeah:

I think I should make my own line of LOL Foxes. :dance:

Laba
09-08-2008, 04:50 AM
Serena/Jelena had a pretty good match.

:lol: @ Serena's reaction to winning.

scarecrows
09-08-2008, 05:01 AM
:hug: to all rafagirls

at least you can ejnoy today Federer losing yet another final

Getta
09-08-2008, 05:06 AM
:hug: to all rafagirls

Thanks, Genci.

Hope so. I am a muzzagirl too. Not a fedhater.

Clara Bow
09-08-2008, 05:45 AM
Urgh...hours have past but still sad for Rafa (happy for Andy though). Damn you tennis for making me really care about the participants unlike say- American football.

Betty
09-08-2008, 06:25 AM
:hug:s for all:awww:
and now ANDY u must beat fed:devil::awww:

Mimi
09-08-2008, 06:32 AM
:banghead::shout::explode:the hate towards nadal in GM

Betty
09-08-2008, 06:50 AM
dont go in gm :scared:: hug:

Mimi
09-08-2008, 06:55 AM
thanks Betty :hug:

attention: I bet that the piggy grillers RonE and Rogiman will come out from retirement tomorrow after roger won the us open :bigwave:

to be fair, even JM is not kind to rafa too, but he at least is no coward like the above 2 who were hiding when roger was not winning ;)

dont go in gm :scared:: hug:

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 07:26 AM
:banghead::shout::explode:the hate towards nadal in GM

:awww: :awww: :hug: :hug: So unfair, everybody is so kind to Fed and Nole on here and so harsh on Rafito :mad: :fiery:

:secret: no need to worry for Pete, Murray's gonna save him today ;)

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 07:28 AM
JM, did you see Rafa's great US Open stats since 2005.

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 07:33 AM
So George do you think Nadal will come back and win? I know you picked him before the match.

I was wrong and still thought that even when he was 2 sets down, he'd still win the match. Funny about Rafa and the US Open, it seems to be the kryptonite for him.

often enough, 2003 was a hoax and last year it was problematic also

Robbery of the highest order, but even then if they played the final on Monday, Duck still would have won.

Yes, I don't see anything wrong with Federer asking it but to actually grant a player this sort of wish at this stage of the event is mindboggling, esp. after telling another player another thing first.

Stupid Saturday sucks.

Mimi
09-08-2008, 07:35 AM
using this anti-jinx power to help Roger again? he does not need your help this time as he is as fresh as a rose, while murray will get chicken hearted and loses in 3 :help::secret:

:awww: :awww: :hug: :hug: So unfair, everybody is so kind to Fed and Nole on here and so harsh on Rafito :mad: :fiery:

:secret: no need to worry for Pete, Murray's gonna save him today ;)

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Which stats George?

As a poster pointed out on GM, winning a hardcourt slam for Rafito will not be as easy as some of his fans think, with the young guns playing especially well on the surface... :angel: :)

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 07:37 AM
The one that Nadal has never defeated a seeded a player at the US Open.

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 07:38 AM
JM, be nice and don't pick on the fangirls too much.

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 07:38 AM
using this anti-jinx power to help Roger again? he does not need your help this time as he is as fresh as a rose, while murray will get chicken hearted and loses in 3 :help::secret:

Ah yes, if Roger wins that will be because of the semis OOP rigged to favor him :rolleyes: the whole world tries to help that guy :mad: so unfair!

Mimi
09-08-2008, 07:41 AM
no, i didn't mean the OOP was rigged to help him, and that he may be is a lot fresher, just that i don't believe murray has the balls to beat him, i always think, champions like pete or roger, will try their best to save their year, by winning one big title at last :wavey:
Ah yes, if Roger wins that will be because of the semis OOP rigged to favor him :rolleyes: the whole world tries to help that guy :mad: so unfair!

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 07:43 AM
To me this one is actually 65/35 for Murray, I'd surely pick him if I was a gambler... :angel: :shrug:

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Hahaha got to love the Murraytards thinking that Andy will become bigger and better than peak's Fed :rolleyes: :lol:

Mimi
09-08-2008, 07:48 AM
:scratch: too little confidence for your roger, he is like my old pete, almost never lost in slam finals, and only nadal could beat him in finals, not others :scratch:

To me this one is actually 65/35 for Murray, I'd surely pick him if I was a gambler... :angel: :shrug:

Castafiore
09-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Yesterday, I was obviously disappointed but today, I'm actually quite good about it for some reason. I haven't read back in this thread yet and haven't read much in GM, though. Is the moaning/gloating bad?

On the bright side, in football: France and The Netherlands got beaten. :bounce: :aparty:

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 07:56 AM
The Austrians were magnificent, though Domenech should be named FIFA Manager of the Year.

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 07:56 AM
On the bright side, in football: France and The Netherlands got beaten. :bounce: :aparty:

That is indeed sweet :drool: :hearts: I wouldn't want to be in Domenech's shoes these days :angel: :o :D

Betty
09-08-2008, 08:09 AM
:mad::mad:
JM is a very bad moment :bigcry::bigcry:

Betty
09-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Andrew SAME MY DAYYYYYYYYYYYYY:devil:

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 08:15 AM
I won't talk to you until you remove your avi, Betty... :angel: :devil: :p

MariaV
09-08-2008, 08:37 AM
:bigwave:
So what's happened here while I've been away?
I see JM is whining and Hilde is quite cheery today. :D

The Swiss mugs managed to lose the 2-0 lead again I read. :o
But don't worry, in tennis the world order will be restored tonight. :hug: :hug:

Hilde, did you watch any of the footie? Our guys were mega pathetic as expected. :o :o :o

Betty
09-08-2008, 08:38 AM
I won't talk to you until you remove your avi, Betty... :angel: :devil: :p

AS I SAID AT THE START I TOOK ANDY UNTIL HE 'LL W... abnd seem that helps :awww: :scared:

maria no satisfation by boss:rolleyes:

Betty
09-08-2008, 08:39 AM
maria we thought another title:angel:

MariaV
09-08-2008, 08:43 AM
maria we thought another title:angel:

Oh, so what title did you think of?
Sorry peeps but I really cannot read back everything. :o :sad:

Edit: And you know all the bosses are like that. :rolleyes: :hug:

Castafiore
09-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Hilde, did you watch any of the footie? Our guys were mega pathetic as expected. :o :o :o
Yes, I saw it. Your team was pathetic indeed :hug: and still they came as close as 3-2. Belgium wasn't that much better actually. :o Our defence made some bad mistakes.
It was a mug match. :lol:

Next up for Belgium, Turkey. :unsure:

MariaV
09-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Yes, I saw it. Your team was pathetic indeed :hug: and still they came as close as 3-2. Belgium wasn't that much better actually. :o Our defence made some bad mistakes.
It was a mug match. :lol:

Next up for Belgium, Turkey. :unsure:

Hehee yep, the people here would've definitely called it a mug match. :o :o :o
I don't know why all our guys are such mugs. :( :rolleyes:

At least tennis was of much better quality. :D

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Maria, don't complain about pathetic football teams. 3-2 against Belgium isn't that bad.

Norway, England and France definitely performed worse, though Romania showed what they lack without Chivu and Mutu.

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 08:48 AM
The Swiss mugs managed to lose the 2-0 lead again I read. :o

Typical Swiss-like display :rolleyes: Hitzfeld surely has his hands full, turning a mug team into some competitive squad will be harder than Nadal winning a hardcourt slam...

Betty
09-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Oh, so what title did you think of?
Sorry peeps but I really cannot read back everything. :o :sad:

Edit: And you know all the bosses are like that. :rolleyes: :hug:

ASK TO LINDA / METIS..ABT VAGINA DENTATA:angel:

she told me..u're right but u 're superior dopnt take care of it:eek::eek:who are i an angel:(:( no comment....

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Switzerland, just don't have the cattle and long term injuries don't help.

MariaV
09-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Maria, don't complain about pathetic football teams. 3-2 against Belgium isn't that bad.

Norway, England and France definitely performed worse, though Romania showed what they lack without Chivu and Mutu.

Oh GWH believe me I know our boys are total mugs. :help: :rolleyes: :o

Norway drew with Iceland.
And will France finally get a new coach?

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 09:09 AM
That's actually a good performance for Estonia.

I am very aware of Norway's result against Iceland, they were lucky to get a point.

MariaV
09-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Typical Swiss-like display :rolleyes: Hitzfeld surely has his hands full, turning a mug team into some competitive squad will be harder than Nadal winning a hardcourt slam...

I LOOOOVE 'General' Ottmar from his Bayern München days. I used to be a fangirl ya know. :haha: :haha: He seems to be a very nice person, a mathematician none the less, no? And I remember he had a lovely wife Beatrix, I hope she's doing well.

Saumon
09-08-2008, 09:12 AM
And will France finally get a new coach?

I hope! :banana:

MariaV
09-08-2008, 09:16 AM
ASK TO LINDA / METIS..ABT VAGINA DENTATA:angel:

What's THIS about? :eek: :unsure: :scared: :help: :eek:

Betty
09-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Lippi started no so well but he s lucky:p

Betty
09-08-2008, 09:18 AM
What's THIS about? :eek: :unsure: :scared: :help: :eek:

u miss a good discussion abt it:D:D:angel:

MariaV
09-08-2008, 09:20 AM
I hope! :banana:

Hi Gab! :wavey: Hopefully. :)

What's Didier Deschamps up to these days? Is he coaching any team?
I liked his AS Monaco team. :awww:

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Deschamps, the man with the great communication skills.

Lippi has been busy on the Paul Newman lookalike circuit.

MariaV
09-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Hehe GWH. :lol: I love Paul Newman.
So what's your predicition for the final?

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 09:38 AM
I LOOOOVE 'General' Ottmar from his Bayern München days. I used to be a fangirl ya know. :haha: :haha: He seems to be a very nice person, a mathematician none the less, no? And I remember he had a lovely wife Beatrix, I hope she's doing well.

I like Ottmar from his Borussia Dortmund days :cool: the days with Sammer and Chapuisat :hearts:

He'll need to learn French, though the good thing with him is that I can understand when he speaks German, since he doesn't have that crappy Swiss German accent :o

Deschamps, the man with the great communication skills.

Not sure about that, the young guns in not the same as the 98 generation, not sure he'd be that appreciated by them...

Mimi
09-08-2008, 09:42 AM
is it the famous actor Paul Newman? I love him too :wavey:
Hehe GWH. :lol: I love Paul Newman.
So what's your predicition for the final?

yana
09-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi, Raftards! :wavey:

Still a good US Open for Rafito :worship:

Ugly Andy, you're done tonight :sad:

Getta
09-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Ugly Andy, you're done tonight :sad:

Andy Murray is not ugly.

Saumon
09-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Jean-Marc, I can understand that you like Roger. After all, you are a glory hunter from the same country.

But Forget?! :confused: :eek: :confused: Pourquoi?!? :help:

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 09:52 AM
I like Ottmar from his Borussia Dortmund days :cool: the days with Sammer and Chapuisat :hearts:

He'll need to learn French, though the good thing with him is that I can understand when he speaks German, since he doesn't have that crappy Swiss German accent :o

Ottmar has worked in Switzerland before and I think he understands Swiss German, but it's a good choice as manager. So the national team use French then? It's probably because the Swiss German speakers know French better than the other way around.

Are you going to the DC tie?

Not sure about that, the young guns in not the same as the 98 generation, not sure he'd be that appreciated by them.

Deschamps, it's strange with that name, he is actually a Basque from Bayonne. I mean he speaks English and Italian very well, but he seems to be a bit of a hard guy to deal with.

It's like Eric Gerets, a tough player, but always the best communicator.

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Jean-Marc, I can understand that you like Roger. After all, you are a glory hunter from the same country.

:rolleyes: I'd be a die-hard Roger fan even if he was from Serbia or any other country :o :shrug: I admire brilliance :D

As for Forget, I think he's the only "fair" French commentator when it comes to Roger :drool: :angel: :p

Castafiore
09-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Eric Gerets :worship: The Lion.
A no nonsense sort of guy.

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Ottmar has worked in Switzerland before and I think he understands Swiss German, but it's a good choice as manager. So the national team use French then? It's probably because the Swiss German speakers know French better than the other way around.

Well, lots of guys in the team come from the French speaking part. Assistant coach, Genevois Michel Pont is here to translate, but the coach should be able to talk to his players directly.

Are you going to the DC tie?

Yes, I go for the 3 days, I heard it's sold out, should be cool, since Lausanne has the best tennis crowd in the country :cool: :o

Deschamps, it's strange with that name, he is actually a Basque from Bayonne. I mean he speaks English and Italian very well, but he seems to be a bit of a hard guy to deal with.

He doesn't seem that smart, I mean, being good at playing is a thing, being good at coaching takes different social skills...

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Gerets, didn't have to take nonsense.

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Well, lots of guys in the team come from the French speaking part. Assistant coach, Genevois Michel Pont is here to translate, but the coach should be able to talk to his players directly.

It depends on the makeup of the team, but that makes sense. I know when on the field that Paraguay use Guarani instead of Spanish.

Yes, I go for the 3 days, I heard it's sold out, should be cool, since Lausanne has the best tennis crowd in the country :cool: :o

Definitely worth going for a DC tie, but the home ties are always held in Suisse Romande, they get better crowds. I got to hold one of the cowbells, fuck they are heavy.

He doesn't seem that smart, I mean, being good at playing is a thing, being good at coaching takes different social skills.

The methods have changed a bit, since we were playing, but some things are still the same. I am going to start thinking about doing a football training course, because I see some of the Norwegian players who think close control, is looking at your beer in the bar.

MariaV
09-08-2008, 10:12 AM
is it the famous actor Paul Newman? I love him too :wavey:

Yes Mimi, the great actor. :D

Mimi, I saw you have elections in Hong Kong.

It's because Forget hates Nadal. :D
I saw your mother calls Rafa Pocahontas, awww how sweet. :awww:

MariaV
09-08-2008, 10:15 AM
The methods have changed a bit, since we were playing, but some things are still the same. I am going to start thinking about doing a football training course, because I see some of the Norwegian players who think close control, is looking at your beer in the bar.

Believe me it's the same here and yes, the football players here are the worst mugs. Well, the basketball players are at the same level maybe. All totally pathetic these days.

Betty
09-08-2008, 10:18 AM
angain 5 minutes and bye work go home :ras::lol:

JM:bigcry: now ignores me because of my avy :bigcry::ras::lol:

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 10:24 AM

He's been kind to him lately, I saw lots of fangirls bitching on Canal+'s blog to ask him to praise Rafa more, I guess he had to do it... :o

JM:bigcry: now ignores me because of my avy :bigcry::ras::lol:

Tomorrow you'll have Francy's avi back :cool: I'll love you again :hearts: :kiss: :D

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Believe me it's the same here and yes, the football players here are the worst mugs. Well, the basketball players are at the same level maybe. All totally pathetic these days.

I am not joking about their lack of control. The problem is that there are some good players around, but they can't play effectively and tactically it's not very smart. I mean it's not too much to expect a pro footballer not to have an elephant touch and can trap a ball.

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Stop it Maria and Georgie, both Estonia and Norway are currently better than Switzerland, when a team needs free kicks to score against Israel you know there's seriously something going wrong... :o

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Switzerland would beat Norway. Norway couldn't even get over Greece in the last Euro qualies and they were one of the worst teams at the finals.

Then the goalkeeper with butter fingers lets Turkey get a draw in the qualies. They are garbage. Iceland drew with them and it's not even the best Icelandic team ever.

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
hahaha GWH, our goalies have butter fingers too... :o watch them fuck it up vs Luxemburg :o

adee-gee
09-08-2008, 10:47 AM
:lol: did you say Rafa has a nice game or something?
That interview was OK as far as I'm concerned; I was more shocked by Rafa's use of the word 'confrontation' :eek:
:sad: she had been written off and it's her first for a while. It was big for her :D
I thought Murray was the worst player ever :confused:
The one that Nadal has never defeated a seeded a player at the US Open.
Seriously? :eek:
AS I SAID AT THE START I TOOK ANDY UNTIL HE 'LL W... abnd seem that helps :awww: :scared:
Forza! Keep the avy :kiss:
I saw your mother calls Rafa Pocahontas, awww how sweet. :awww:
Lurker! :p
Stop it Maria and Georgie, both Estonia and Norway are currently better than Switzerland, when a team needs free kicks to score against Israel you know there's seriously something going wrong... :o
Look on the bright side, you didn't lose to Macedonia :retard: :mad:

rocketassist
09-08-2008, 10:50 AM
The Swiss team have a bright future- good coach building on a decent Euro finals performance.

If they had a proper striker then they would have beat the Czechs, and not lost to the Turks, so they aren't far from being a strong side.

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 10:50 AM
JM, even Greece scored 3 goals against Luxembourg. They haven't been the same since the legend Jeff Strasser has gone past his peak.

Adam, it's true. I will find the link.

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 10:52 AM
The Swiss team have a bright future- good coach building on a decent Euro finals performance.

If they had a proper striker then they would have beat the Czechs, and not lost to the Turks, so they aren't far from being a strong side.

They are young team, it's just that JM is Mr. Overcritical. Sure I don't think they will be as good as the 94 WC team, but they aren't hopeless.

See Bruckner worked his magic with the Austrians.

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Seriously? :eek:

Ouch, pretty harsh isn't it? :angel: :o

Look on the bright side, you didn't lose to Macedonia :retard: :mad:

We've already lost to Azerbaidjan, couldn't fall any lower... :o

rocketassist
09-08-2008, 10:54 AM
They are young team, it's just that JM is Mr. Overcritical. Sure I don't think they will be as good as the 94 WC team, but they aren't hopeless.

See Bruckner worked his magic with the Austrians.

Domenech said he wasn't concerned by that result either :haha:

Hope they keep him and not qualify, USA 94 without them was funny enough.

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 10:56 AM

True, the hype surrounding Alex Frei is so annoying, the guy is an average mug that chokes anytime he wears the national jersey... N'Kufo to come back strong and carry the team :rocker2: :o

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 10:58 AM

The guy is such a douchebag :tape: he blamed their pathetic Euro run on the hotel not being good enough for their standards :tape: Raymond, you should have stayed in Annemasse, that would not have been far away from Montreux and you surely would have won the whole thing... :o

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 11:01 AM

It brings so nice memories :hearts: that loss at the Parc des Princes against Bulgaria was soooo sweet, I remember that day so well, the Swiss just qualified beating Estonia, then I switched on the French match, and Kostadinov killed the French in overtime :hearts: what a day!! :cool:

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 11:01 AM

France and England not qualifying for the World Cup, imagine how funny that would be? Good to see Joe Cole do well when he had the chance, but at least with Capello they should be tight at the back.

Good stuff from Slovakia as well.

True, the hype surrounding Alex Frei is so annoying, the guy is an average mug that chokes anytime he wears the national jersey... N'Kufo to come back strong and carry the team :rocker2: :o

Are you fan of Vonlathen? Isn't Frei injured, but he is no Chapuisat.

adee-gee
09-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Ouch, pretty harsh isn't it? :angel: :o

We've already lost to Azerbaidjan, couldn't fall any lower... :o
Surprising :ras: but not concerning, he's beaten pretty much all the top guys on quick hard courts :cool:

:haha: when was that? :o

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Adam, this is for you. The 2003 and 2004 edition, he lost to El Aynaoui and Roddick.

Nadal at the US Open during his career. Taken from 2005, when he won first his GS title.

Lost to Youzhny and Blake when they were unseeded. Ferrer and Murray were the first seeded players he met.

US Open 2008

R1 Bjorn PHAU (GER) 7-6(4) 6-3 7-6(4)
R2 Ryler DEHEART (USA) 6-1 6-2 6-4
R3 Viktor TROICKI (SRB) 6-4 6-3 6-0
R4 Sam QUERREY (USA) 6-2 5-7 7-6(2) 6-3
QF Mardy FISH (USA) 3-6 6-1 6-4 6-2

US Open 2007

128 Alun JONES (AUS) 7-5 3-6 6-4 6-1
64 Janko TIPSAREVIC (SRB) 6-2 6-3 3-2 RET
32 Jo-Wilfried TSONGA (FRA) 7-6(3) 6-2 6-1
16 David FERRER (ESP) 7-6(3) 4-6 6-7(4) 2-6

US Open 2006

128 Mark PHILIPPOUSSIS (AUS) 6-4 6-4 6-4
64 Luis HORNA (PER) 6-4 4-6 6-4 6-2
32 Wesley MOODIE (RSA) 6-4 7-6(5) 7-6(4)
16 Jiri NOVAK (CZE) 6-1 7-6(3) 6-4
QF Mikhail YOUZHNY (RUS) 3-6 7-5 6-7(5) 1-6

US Open 2005

128 Bobby REYNOLDS (USA) 6-3 6-3 6-4
64 Scoville JENKINS (USA) 6-4 7-5 6-4
32 James BLAKE (USA) 4-6 6-4 3-6 1-6

rocketassist
09-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Ginola's clowning around with the ball and being Houllier's scapegoat, fond memories.

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Houllier what a clown he is, he blames Ginola for this. But forget the loss to Israel in the match before.

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Are you fan of Vonlathen? Isn't Frei injured, but he is no Chapuisat.

Frei is always injured :angel: :o :rolleyes: Vonlanthen is a promising young gun, but not sure he has the shoulders to become a leader...

Surprising :ras: but not concerning, he's beaten pretty much all the top guys on quick hard courts :cool:

:spit: in MM events yes, too bad he can't keep it up where it really matters :awww:

:haha: when was that? :o

~10 years back I'd say, easily the biggest sport's embarrassment I can recall :o

MariaV
09-08-2008, 11:08 AM

I liked the Swiss team at Euro2008, they had some bad luck.

JM, even Greece scored 3 goals against Luxembourg. They haven't been the same since the legend Jeff Strasser has gone past his peak.

Even I know Jeff Strasser, he played in Germany, right?

Adam, lovely avatar dear! :D Andy looked really good! :yeah: :hatoff:
And well, the Serena celebration was funny but at least she's genuine. :D

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Great moment and look at Jacquet's face after Kostadinov scores.

tpwNv29XbbQ

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Houllier what a clown he is, he blames Ginola for this. But forget the loss to Israel in the match before.

Exactly, they should have qualified against Israel in Paris :o and blaming Ginola :rolleyes: how cheap was that :rolleyes:

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 11:10 AM

tpwNv29XbbQ

:worship: need to bookmark this video :cool: sweet moment :angel: :p

adee-gee
09-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Adam, this is for you. The 2003 and 2004 edition, he lost to El Aynaoui and Roddick.

Nadal at the US Open during his career. Taken from 2005, when he won first his GS title.

Lost to Youzhny and Blake when they were unseeded. Ferrer and Murray were the first seeded players he met.
:tape: doesn't make great reading :o
Ginola's clowning around with the ball and being Houllier's scapegoat, fond memories.
Ginoooooooola :hearts: :worship:

What a player.
:spit: in MM events yes, too bad he can't keep it up where it really matters :awww:

~10 years back I'd say, easily the biggest sport's embarrassment I can recall :o
Masters Series and Olympics are only MM events for GOAT's like Federer, other players care :sad:

:lol: I think Scotland's is when we drew with the Faroe Islands :help: losing to Costa Rica in the World Cup isn't exactly a high point in our history either :o

rocketassist
09-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Houllier should never have dropped Cantona.

Quite a few ripples made here over Carragher's autobiography, where he slags off England fans as 'lower league fans without a clue' :retard: and was gonna get his mates to beat up Lucas Neill in Manchester, but 'called it off' because his friend David Thompson was with Neill. :lol:

Definitely a working class scouse bad boy growing up.

MariaV
09-08-2008, 11:12 AM

Ginola's hair! :D Almost as good as Roger's! :hearts: :inlove:

I've never liked Chapuisat or Houiller. :shrug:

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Frei is always injured :angel: :o :rolleyes: Vonlanthen is a promising young gun, but not sure he has the shoulders to become a leader...

I rate Vonlanthen, hope he can do something, though I remember the easy chance he blew at the Euros.

Austria losing to the Faroe Islands in Landskrona 92 was worse than the Azeri loss. It was hilarious as I was in Austria at the time, most of my friends avoided me, or attempted to.

The joke was "Resign Waldheim", this was what happened in Scandinavia, with this result.

Strasser played in Germany and France.

Betty
09-08-2008, 11:13 AM
adam yr signy :lol:

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 11:16 AM

Ginola was a great player, too bad he favoured his model career over his football's :o

Why are you talking about Chapuisat here? :mad: Hater! :fiery: :o :p

rocketassist
09-08-2008, 11:16 AM

Houllier when he was Liverpool boss was very likeable and genuine, certainly a classy guy and far more of a man than Fat Rafa is.

One of the few times I cheered them scoring was when he was back on their bench against Roma, but there was no way I could tolerate them winning it!

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Cantona is the best thing France produced since foie gras :worship: :cool:

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 11:19 AM
:tape: doesn't make great reading :o

Ginoooooooola :hearts: :worship:

What a player.

:lol: I think Scotland's is when we drew with the Faroe Islands :help: losing to Costa Rica in the World Cup isn't exactly a high point in our history either :o

Well, it's definitely not great reading, but he has achieved in many other places, where it wasn't expected.

Ginola was almost as big an outcast as Le Tissier, though I think Le Tiss should have played for Scotland or any other of the home unions, except England.

Scotland do well against the better teams, this is their MO. Got to love the tightwads at the SFA, they flew into Skopje the day before the match, quality preparation.

Houllier should never have dropped Cantona.

Quite a few ripples made here over Carragher's autobiography, where he slags off England fans as 'lower league fans without a clue' :retard: and was gonna get his mates to beat up Lucas Neill in Manchester, but 'called it off' because his friend David Thompson was with Neill. :lol:

Definitely a working class scouse bad boy growing up.

Eric struggled at international level. I remember seeing him at Euro 92 live, he was strutting around like a peacock and doing a whole lot of nothing. I loved it France and Platini were big faves and so arrogant, so when the Danes beat them it was hilarious.

Platini made some comment "for the next press conference you must speak in French". Then after the Danes won. Brian Laudrup after answering the questions, then says "for the next time you speak in Danish".

Carragher is just a scally.

rocketassist
09-08-2008, 11:20 AM

Still among the top 3 greatest players to have played in the Premier League.

Can't believe he retired at 30, he deserved a European Cup medal.

tennizen
09-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Morning all:wavey:

I just realized that Rome and USO are the only tourney's Fed has gone further than Rafa this year:eek: :hug: he needs a big win now.

Betty
09-08-2008, 11:23 AM
hema :devil: :lol:

cmurray
09-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Morning all:wavey:

I just realized that Rome and USO are the only tourney's Fed has gone further than Rafa this year:eek: :hug: he needs a big win now.

That's putting it in perspective. :D

Come ON MUZZA! sorry Hema

Betty
09-08-2008, 11:25 AM
cheryl i'm with u c'mon andy:banana:

why have u a sco flag do u come from sco?

cmurray
09-08-2008, 11:25 AM
George, is that Robert Carlyle in your avi?

cmurray
09-08-2008, 11:26 AM
cheryl i'm with u c'mon andy:banana:

why have u a sco flag do u come from sco?

No. Mikey asked me to put it there. I'm American. I know you're with me. :hug: Come back here tonight and we'll cheer together. :bounce: ;)

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Cheryl, this is why you are the journalist, you got the answer correct.

bokehlicious

Not Fed's fault if Rafa wasn't man enough to show up at Estoril and Halle :shrug: :angel: :p

Betty
'll do cheryl :yeah:

hema why the that title?coz u steal Suck idea abt pray God:p

Betty
09-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Not Fed's fault if Rafa wasn't man enough to show up at Estoril and Halle :shrug: :angel: :p

:inlove:yr sense of humor :awww: cmon now yr fed finaly this year can win a gs title:hug:

tennizen
09-08-2008, 11:29 AM

Now that Rafa is a GOAT contender, every one will point to those glaring omissions in his resume:sad:

cmurray
09-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Cheryl, this is why you are the journalist, you got the answer correct.

MariaV
09-08-2008, 11:38 AM

Cantona is a legend, and that kung fu kick! :worship: :bowdown: :worship: :bowdown:

George, is that Robert Carlyle in your avi?

Yes it is, I can answer for GWH. :D
C'mon Murray! :rocker: Cheryl, I hope you're doing well. I'm actually kinda neutral, I'll be happy with whoever wins, I like both guys. :D
Have I tould you that I have kinda 'voice fetish' and I absolutely adore Murray's voice. :hearts: :inlove:

cmurray
09-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Cantona is a legend, and that king fu kick! :worship: :bowdown: :worship: :bowdown:

Yes it is, I can answer for GWH. :D
C'mon Murray! :rocker: Cheryl, I hope you're doing well. I'm actually kinda neutral, I'll be happy with whoever wins, I like both guys. :D
Have I tould you that I have kinda 'voice fetish' and I absolutely adore Murray's voice. :hearts: :inlove:

THe Full Monty. :inlove: He's just fantastic.

You should cheer for Murray, Maria. :D He's the underdog AND his name is Murray. What more can you ask for? Plus, he was pretty much flawless against Raf in the semis. I love that kid's game.

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Robert Carlyle is the best Scot alongside Ewan McGregor :worship: :o

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Anyone would have beaten Rafa yesterday, anyone can take advantage of short balls :shrug: :angel:

MariaV
09-08-2008, 11:49 AM
THe Full Monty. :inlove: He's just fantastic.

You should cheer for Murray, Maria. :D He's the underdog AND his name is Murray. What more can you ask for? Plus, he was pretty much flawless against Raf in the semis. I love that kid's game.

Oh yeah, the kid's got game! :worship: :bowdown: And I enjoyed the match with Rafa a lot! :D :D :D
Well, I hope he can challenge Roger again, and you know these 2 wins over Roger should give him enough confidence. :D I just hope for a great final. :D

The Full Monty was really brilliant! :haha:

Action Jackson
09-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Still among the top 3 greatest players to have played in the Premier League.

Can't believe he retired at 30, he deserved a European Cup medal.

He retired on top and wasn't past his best. You know it's like what they do to horses when they can't breed and not run anymore.

Did you ever see the episode of Cracker where Carlyle was the crazed Liverpool fan? That was a classic performance.

Most of his best work is the stuff that wasn't really huge commercially.

adee-gee
09-08-2008, 11:59 AM
:lol: so French.
Scotland do well against the better teams, this is their MO. Got to love the tightwads at the SFA, they flew into Skopje the day before the match, quality preparation.
I read that, absolutely crazy. Iceland will beat us as well.
Come ON MUZZA! sorry Hema
:rocker2:

When Federer moans after Muzza bitchslaps him, will you call him a JACKASS again? :inlove:
It's the Scottish accent :sport:
Robert Carlyle is the best Scot alongside Ewan McGregor :worship: :o
*cough* :sad:

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 12:03 PM
*cough* :sad:

Well, beside you, thought it was too obvious to mention :shrug: :hug: :D