Rafa having a hissy fit?:eek: [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa having a hissy fit?:eek:

Noleta
04-03-2010, 02:43 PM
lJnYfz6tSuo

Never seen Rafa like this at changeovers?Didn't get to see the match,so can't say if he was angry about the way he was playing or about his knees?:confused:

Starts at 05:28!!!

Rafa:hug:

Certinfy
04-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Haha :lol:

tennis2tennis
04-03-2010, 02:54 PM
lJnYfz6tSuo

Never seen Rafa like this at changeovers?Didn't get to see the match,so can't say if he was angry about the way he was playing or about his knees?:confused:

Starts at 05:28!!!

Rafa:hug:

why's he pissed?

Noleta
04-03-2010, 02:57 PM
why's he pissed?

That's what i am asking too?

Certinfy
04-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Probably pissed that he let the match get away from him?

Johnny Groove
04-03-2010, 03:05 PM
The thread title made it seem like he punched a ball boy in the face. :lol:

He was just pissed at how the match was going. No biggie.

born_on_clay
04-03-2010, 03:19 PM
He was pissed because Roddick has just broken his serve :P

Nidhogg
04-03-2010, 03:41 PM
He's just frustrated. He hasn't won a title or beat a solid top player in ages, and he felt he was playing pretty good. In this match Roddick all of the sudden just jumped on him, he was caught off guard, and it's not the first time he's feeling he has let a match slip away recently.

Maybe there's something trivial as well to it. Toothache, hairloss etc... What do we know?

Persimmon
04-03-2010, 03:43 PM
:o

River
04-03-2010, 03:49 PM
For everyone out there who's wondering.

Rafa was getting serious pissed that:
- He got broken
- Andy's hitting forehands that he couldn't touch, which was a serious 360 compared to the opening set
- He can't stop thinking about what was happening and it affected his game
- Andy isn't helping by purposely tanking Rafa's remaining service games, knowing that Andy could easily hold, and it pissed Rafa off to the point that he tried /too/ hard and winded up making un-Rafa like mistakes.

He started smacking his legs because he realized his body wasn't reacting the way he wanted it to; which is understandable. He's not angry at Roddick, don't get me wrong. Andy made the right decision and he knew he got caught, so it's more that Rafa wasn't able to adapt like Roddick did, and he couldn't stand it.

l_mac
04-03-2010, 03:53 PM

- He got broken
- Andy's hitting forehands that he couldn't touch, which was a serious 360 compared to the opening set
- Andy isn't helping by purposely tanking Rafa's remaining service games, knowing that Andy could easily hold, and it pissed Rafa off to the point that he tried /too/ hard and winded up making un-Rafa like mistakes.

He started smacking his legs because he realized his body wasn't reacting the way he wanted it to; which is understandable. He's not angry at Roddick, don't get me wrong. Andy made the right decision and he knew he got caught, so it's more that Rafa wasn't able to adapt like Roddick did, and he couldn't stand it.

Thanks for the insight. Where did you meet him?

Persimmon
04-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Rafa has become a mental dwarf.

rafa the best
04-03-2010, 03:58 PM
He's angry at his knee.

River
04-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the insight. Where did you meet him?

US Open two years ago~ I find his broken english endearing, lol.

And I think if there was anything deeper I wouldn't know. To me, that's just face value. People are saying he's injured, but aside from this game, he was pretty much doing okay for the hard courts.

And oh, wasn't he already swiping his racket at the floor and himself at the 3rd set, too?

Certinfy
04-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Nadal is a mental midget compared to Berdych now :haha: I never ever though I would say that and actually mean it :o

born_on_clay
04-03-2010, 05:54 PM
No he hadn't. He'd broken his serve in Rafa's 2nd service game of the 3rdset. This wasn't the changeover that followed that break :wavey:

actually he had

just look at 5:13 in the video in the first post
it's 1:1 30:40 and Roddick won another point - it's break for *2-1 for Roddick and the changeover comes

:wavey:

tangerine_dream
04-03-2010, 05:55 PM
I take it as a very good sign that Rafa was so pissed. He's on the brink of playing great tennis again but keeps hitting these speedbumps that he needs to get over, and he will eventually get over them.

As long as his knees are healthy, he will dominate the clay season again. I wouldn't worry about his mental state, he's bounced back many times before.

Certinfy
04-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Nadal hit himself when he was 2-3* down in the 3rd. So a few games after the break...

born_on_clay
04-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Nadal hit himself when he was 2-3* down in the 3rd. So a few games after the break...

ok, you're right :wavey:

andy neyer
04-03-2010, 06:24 PM
The thing is this: uncle Toni doesn't let Rafa to trow his racquet (in fact, Toni himself once said to the press that if he ever saw Rafael trowing his racquet, he'd stop coaching him) so poor Rafa can only get rid of his own anger and frustration by hitting at himself and trowing towers. And in my opinion, there can't be much comfort a man can get by trowing something as soft and light as a towel.

elessar
04-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Thank god the hardcourt season is over!

Corey Feldman
04-03-2010, 06:35 PM
He's angry at his knee.There it is

Topspin Forehand
04-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Rafa was pissed that his knees once again let him down. He knew he should be dominating Roddick. Unfortunately, he is just going to have to deal with this chronic problem. We'll never see Nadal 2008 again.

Chiakifug
04-03-2010, 08:47 PM
The poor ballkid. :spit:

timafi
04-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Roger had his bitch fit last year losing to Del Potro(after choking that 5-4 and 30-0 lead on his serve:o) and so did Rafa yesterday:shrug: I mean if I were Rafa I'd be mad as hell too losing to a punk like Roddick:o

andylovesaustin
04-03-2010, 09:22 PM
I take it as a very good sign that Rafa was so pissed. He's on the brink of playing great tennis again but keeps hitting these speedbumps that he needs to get over, and he will eventually get over them.

As long as his knees are healthy, he will dominate the clay season again. I wouldn't worry about his mental state, he's bounced back many times before.

I agree with this.

I just don't think Rafa has done all that badly since coming back.

He just needs to prepare better next time.

I don't think Andy was necessarily "tanking" Rafa's service games. Didn't he break Rafa to win the match?

I just think he was picking and choosing when to be aggressive. What he didn't want to do is let Rafa get into any sort of rhythm against Andy. He didn't want to allow Rafa back into the match by getting into long rallies he was more likely to lose.

I don't think it really disrespect to Rafa. In fact, in a round-about-way it was respecting Rafa's ability to find his way back, and Andy had to take that opportunity away from Rafa.

I mean.. it could have worked out to where Andy couldn't execute plan 2, and Rafa would have won. It just so happens, Andy was able to execute.

Beat
04-03-2010, 09:23 PM
his bottles were not in line.

Certinfy
04-03-2010, 09:28 PM
his bottles were not in line.Post of the decade :haha: :worship:

kyleskywalker007
04-04-2010, 12:16 AM

- He got broken

Mug comment. You do realize that by making a 360 degrees turn you end up in the same place, right?:devil:

luie
04-04-2010, 12:35 AM
He is finally realizing he has been exposed by the tall 2 hbh players & now by the elite top 10 & feds old generation his only safe place for him now is clay where he can moonball to a few more titles. His career off clay is over.

dombrfc
04-04-2010, 01:17 AM
his bottles were not in line.

:worship::worship::worship:

Mug comment. You do realize that by making a 360 degrees turn you end up in the same place, right?:devil:
:worship::worship::worship:

Forehander
04-04-2010, 01:52 AM

- He got broken

360 degree? You sure?

coonster14
04-04-2010, 02:26 AM
he is just so frustrated now that it has been 11 months and counting since he last won a title.

also, the fact that 3 matches he lost this year (Doha final to Davydenko after winning 6-0 first set and having MP in the 2nd set, then losing in 3), SF against Ljubicic at IW (wins first set, had chances to win the match later on, but ended up playing passively as the match went on), and now the SF against Roddick in Miami (credit to Roddick, he played great tactical tennis to go after his forehands as well as S&V which threw Rafa off his rhythm).

all 3 of those matches, he won the first set, then just could not close out the match, this has to be bothering him, if it is not, then that is just :cuckoo:

oh wait, i think now rafa has lost to every other player in the top 10 now since losing to federer in the Madrid final last year. :sad:

Arkulari
04-04-2010, 03:31 AM
1Qk_BN01ido

1.22 "I can't, my knee!!, my knee!!"

according to this vid, seems like Rafa is having issues with his left knee now :eek:

they are also talking about how his mentality is pretty much fragile now and the fact that he is losing matches he wouldn't normally lose, like the ones against Ljubicic and Roddick and that's he's so desperate for a win that he's crumbling under the pressure

RagingLamb
04-04-2010, 05:09 AM

according to this vid, seems like Rafa is having issues with his left knee now :eek:

they are also talking about how his mentality is pretty much fragile now and the fact that he is losing matches he wouldn't normally lose, like the ones against Ljubicic and Roddick and that's he's so desperate for a win that he's crumbling under the pressure

That's terrible if it's true.

tennis2tennis
04-04-2010, 05:40 AM
ah man I feel bad for the kid if he's hitting his knees:sad:

FNT
04-04-2010, 12:18 PM
poor guy, it's horrible if true.

Certinfy
04-04-2010, 12:36 PM

they are also talking about how his mentality is pretty much fragile now and the fact that he is losing matches he wouldn't normally lose, like the ones against Ljubicic and Roddick and that's he's so desperate for a win that he's crumbling under the pressureWhy the fuck did they show the last point of his match vs Tsonga in Melbourne over 2 years ago? :confused:

andylovesaustin
04-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Andy said in two interviews he was pretty banged-up and really wasn't sure of his chances. :shrug: He wasn't sure how his shoulder was going to hold-up, but he managed to win.

I mean... Rafa definitely has knee issues. But he was doing just fine for a set and a half against Andy. Oh... but when Andy changes it up, then Rafa's left knee suddenly takes a turn for the worse.

It might just be Rafa is gonna have to figure out a way to play-through his injuries if he is ever planning on winning a tournament again. What is he gonna do as the clay season progresses if he left knee is already bothering him?

I think a lot of athletes have chronic conditions, particularly as they get older. Roger has had recurrent back problems. Rafa has knee problems.
Andy has had hip and shoulder problems of late.

It's just the nature of sports. Rafa is no exception.

And btw, in Rafa's presser, he said Andy just beat him... simple as that. To Rafa's credit, he didn't say anything about having knee problems. So really there wasn't a lot Rafa could do on that particular day. On another day, the score may have been different.

Nole fan
04-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Yep, I'm Catalan and I can hear perfectly what he says in the outburst: "I can't, the knee, the knee!". So obviously the knees are bothering him again. That's terrible, I'm so sad for him. He can't play three or four matches in a row without feeling the knees. Those are serious alarm bells. Anyone who has practiced a professional sport and has had trouble with the knees will know that this is a very serious matter that can mean the end of a career. My cousin was a pro american football player in Europe and he had surgery to both his knees twice. He could never play again. I don't know why but the knees seem to be usually unfixable in pro sports, the original problem always reappears no matter how many times you have surgery. I hope that won't be the case for Rafa, that would be tragic for the sport. :sad:

andylovesaustin
04-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Yep, I'm Catalan and I can hear perfectly what he says in the outburst: "I can't, the knee, the knee!". So obviously the knees are bothering him again. That's terrible, I'm so sad for him. He can't play three or four matches in a row without feeling the knees. Those are serious alarm bells. Anyone who has practiced a professional sport and has had trouble with the knees will know that this is a very serious matter that can mean the end of a career. My cousin was a pro american football player in Europe and he had surgery to both his knees twice. He could never play again. I don't know why but the knees seem to be usually unfixable in pro sports, the original problem always reappears no matter how many times you have surgery. I hope that won't be the case for Rafa, that would be tragic for the sport. :sad:

I would be inclined to agree with you if Rafa hadn't been doing very well.........at all. Rafa just made it to the semis--again, so he's not doing all that badly. In fact, out of the top three, Rafa isn't doing badly at all. Didn't his ranking just go up from 4 to 3 in the world?

That's not to say Rafa doesn't have knee problems because he does. But they aren't bad enough to keep him from having success. It's not like his ranking is plummeting. It's not like he's losing early. Andy just beat him. Their head to head on hard courts was tied at 2 a piece, so it was a distinct possibility Andy might be able to pull-off an upset. Without any knee problems whatsoever, Rafa has lost to him before. :shrug:

I just think making excuses for Rafa isn't doing him any favors--if he's going to have these "knee" issues. He's just has to find a way to win in spite of having these problems if they aren't bad enough to where he's out in the first round.

alter ego
04-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Why the fuck did they show the last point of his match vs Tsonga in Melbourne over 2 years ago? :confused:

They were saying that Nadull has always won atleast one title before the european clay season start with the notable exception of 2008 (the best year of his career) when he had similar results.

Certinfy
04-04-2010, 02:08 PM
They were saying that Nadull has always won atleast one title before the european clay season start with the notable exception of 2008 (the best year of his career) when he had similar results.Oh, thanks for clearing that up :)

Just like heaven
04-04-2010, 02:13 PM
They were saying that Nadull has always won atleast one title before the european clay season start with the notable exception of 2008 (the best year of his career) when he had similar results.

His name is Nadal.

Bobby
04-04-2010, 02:16 PM
I would be inclined to agree with you if Rafa hadn't been doing very well.........at all. Rafa just made it to the semis--again, so he's not doing all that badly. In fact, out of the top three, Rafa isn't doing badly at all. Didn't his ranking just go up from 3 to 4 in the world?

That's not to say Rafa doesn't have knee problems because he does. But they aren't bad enough to keep him from having success. It's not like his ranking is plummeting. It's not like he's losing early. Andy just beat him. Their head to head on hard courts was tied at 2 a piece, so it was a distinct possibility Andy might be able to pull-off an upset. Without any knee problems whatsoever, Rafa has lost to him before. :shrug:

I just think making excuses for Rafa isn't doing him any favors--if he's going to have these "knee" issues. He's just has to find a way to win in spite of having these problems if they aren't bad enough to where he's out in the first round.

It seems that the knee problems are bad enough to keep him out of action every now and then. It's only his second tournament after AO and they are already bothering him. Now I don't know if he actually has knee issues. But if he has, he can't go on like this much longer. It's not possible to play two tournaments and rest the knees for next month.

Nole fan
04-04-2010, 02:25 PM
I would be inclined to agree with you if Rafa hadn't been doing very well.........at all. Rafa just made it to the semis--again, so he's not doing all that badly. In fact, out of the top three, Rafa isn't doing badly at all. Didn't his ranking just go up from 3 to 4 in the world?

True, he's not playing bad at all. I'm just saying the the knee problem is resurfacing at every tournament and that definitely is no good. He felt the knees at the AO and he felt them again at Miami. A knee problem is not comparable to something like a wrist or back problem. Those can be fixed. The knees are entirely something else, specially in Rafa's case where his speed and movement on the court are key factors to his victories.

andylovesaustin
04-04-2010, 02:31 PM
It seems that the knee problems are bad enough to keep him out of action every now and then. It's only his second tournament after AO and they are already bothering him. Now I don't know if he actually has knee issues. But if he has, he can't go on like this much longer. It's not possible to play two tournaments and rest the knees for next month.

Well... tendonitis can be a recurring issue. :shrug:

I just don't think his knees caused him to lose this match.

And he's doing well since coming back, I think. Dang, he's only human. In the presser, he seemed to be really happy with his current level of success. He wasn't happy about losing, but he seemed to take some positive for the tournament as a whole. Where the heck is Roger? Did Roger even make it to the semis? How about Nole or Andy Murray? Nobody is worried about their knees or mental toughness! :lol:

Now, one would think if Rafa IS having some problems this early--right before the clay season, then he MIGHT should rest those knees.

I guess time will tell.

sennoc
04-04-2010, 02:32 PM
No mercy for stupidity - or greediness, please choose what you want. He killed his knees. It was his own choice. I do not understand why should I feel sorry for him.

Dear Nadal, please be mature - pay your debts.

Sunset of Age
04-04-2010, 02:47 PM
People are jumping to conclusions here. Rafa himself said nothing about his knees in his presser. Tendonitis is most often a chronic condition, so it would be nothing new if they were indeed bothering him again - but this 'outburst' of his can also just be an expression of frustration, knowing that he just can't push those knees like he may want to, which would be all too understandable.

If his knees are indeed again causing big trouble again, than it's very sad indeed, with the clay season around the corner. But it also shows even more how careful Rafa must be now with his scheduling - perhaps it would indeed have been a better idea for him to skip the US Spring HC masters? On the other hand, he's done rather well, two semis isn't bad at all... it's a lose-lose situation for him I'm afraid. I can only wish him the best right now! :scared:

Nidhogg
04-04-2010, 02:59 PM
People are jumping to conclusions here. Rafa himself said nothing about his knees in his presser. Tendonitis is most often a chonic condition, so it would be nothing new if they were indeed bothering him again - but this 'outburst' of his can also just be an expression of frustration, knowing that he just can't push those knees like he may want to, which would be all too understandable.

That's the idea I got as well. He doesn't trust his knees, and hence he gets careful and can't push himself quite the way he'd like to on the court.

Of course it's only a guess, but I didn't get the impression that his usual problems flared up bad like they have earlier.

andylovesaustin
04-04-2010, 03:10 PM
That's the idea I got as well. He doesn't trust his knees, and hence he gets careful and can't push himself quite the way he'd like to on the court.

Of course it's only a guess, but I didn't get the impression that his usual problems flared up bad like they have earlier.

Sure.. it could be frustration.

I just think Andy beat him. It was just one of those days for Rafa where Andy caught fire late. Goodness knows the reverse is also true of Andy or where Andy has been steamrolling and still manages to lose because his opponent steps it up.

Rafa knows the Duck can be dangerous! :lol: And Andy knows El Matador can be dangerous hence he wasn't going to let him back in the match if he could help it.

Persimmon
04-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Andy said in two interviews he was pretty banged-up and really wasn't sure of his chances. :shrug: He wasn't sure how his shoulder was going to hold-up, but he managed to win.

I mean... Rafa definitely has knee issues. But he was doing just fine for a set and a half against Andy. Oh... but when Andy changes it up, then Rafa's left knee suddenly takes a turn for the worse.

It might just be Rafa is gonna have to figure out a way to play-through his injuries if he is ever planning on winning a tournament again. What is he gonna do as the clay season progresses if he left knee is already bothering him?

I think a lot of athletes have chronic conditions, particularly as they get older. Roger has had recurrent back problems. Rafa has knee problems.

And btw, in Rafa's presser, he said Andy just beat him... simple as that. To Rafa's credit, he didn't say anything about having knee problems. So really there wasn't a lot Rafa could do on that particular day. On another day, the score may have been different.

Rafa is kind if hypocondriac. Something hurts when he is losing. Nothing hurt vs Tsonga of course! Or when he was beating Rod in the first set! As soon as Rod changed his strategy and started beating Rafa then the knee started hurting:rolleyes: What a coincidence:rolleyes:

perhaps it would indeed have been a better idea for him to skip the US Spring HC masters?

Problem is he is too points greedy which was the reason he lost the #1 last year because he got too greedy and played everything. :o

pica_pica
04-04-2010, 03:59 PM
:sad: Sad news to hear about. His many years of effort has taken toll on his fragile knees :sad:

Noleta
04-04-2010, 05:38 PM
I agree with this.

I just don't think Rafa has done all that badly since coming back.

He just needs to prepare better next time.

I don't think Andy was necessarily "tanking" Rafa's service games. Didn't he break Rafa to win the match?

I just think he was picking and choosing when to be aggressive. What he didn't want to do is let Rafa get into any sort of rhythm against Andy. He didn't want to allow Rafa back into the match by getting into long rallies he was more likely to lose.

I don't think it really disrespect to Rafa. In fact, in a round-about-way it was respecting Rafa's ability to find his way back, and Andy had to take that opportunity away from Rafa.

I mean.. it could have worked out to where Andy couldn't execute plan 2, and Rafa would have won. It just so happens, Andy was able to execute.

I would be inclined to agree with you if Rafa hadn't been doing very well.........at all. Rafa just made it to the semis--again, so he's not doing all that badly. In fact, out of the top three, Rafa isn't doing badly at all. Didn't his ranking just go up from 4 to 3 in the world?

Well... tendonitis can be a recurring issue. :shrug:

I just don't think his knees caused him to lose this match.

And he's doing well since coming back, I think. Dang, he's only human. In the presser, he seemed to be really happy with his current level of success. He wasn't happy about losing, but he seemed to take some positive for the tournament as a whole. Where the heck is Roger? Did Roger even make it to the semis? How about Nole or Andy Murray? Nobody is worried about their knees or mental toughness! :lol:

Now, one would think if Rafa IS having some problems this early--right before the clay season, then he MIGHT should rest those knees.

I guess time will tell.

Sure.. it could be frustration.

I just think Andy beat him. It was just one of those days for Rafa where Andy caught fire late. Goodness knows the reverse is also true of Andy or where Andy has been steamrolling and still manages to lose because his opponent steps it up.

Rafa knows the Duck can be dangerous! :lol: And Andy knows El Matador can be dangerous hence he wasn't going to let him back in the match if he could help it.

Think you made your point pretty clear bro:hug:

Corey Feldman
04-04-2010, 05:38 PM
how unbelievably predictable is it that Nadal & fans blame his knee's for every loss once again

so agonized in the following game he had time for the old high kick celebration when he hit a FH passing shot

i'm sure they will be killing him again when he's obliterating everyone 6-0 6-2 in a couple of weeks time

Noleta
04-04-2010, 05:53 PM
how unbelievably predictable is it that Nadal & fans blame his knee's for every loss once again

so agonized in the following game he had time for the old high kick celebration when he hit a FH passing shot

i'm sure they will be killing him again when he's obliterating everyone 6-0 6-2 in a couple of weeks time

You can't argue the fact his knees are lacking the necessary physical ability he once had before;)

Corey Feldman
04-04-2010, 06:21 PM
You can't argue the fact his knees are lacking the necessary physical ability he once had before;)you see ppl in this site a few nights before laughing and giddy that "old rafa's back" when he crushed Tsonga and then 2 days later ... "the knee's, the knee's" :lol:

even Nadal himself said he felt great

Noleta
04-04-2010, 06:48 PM
you see ppl in this site a few nights before laughing and giddy that "old rafa's back" when he crushed Tsonga and then 2 days later ... "the knee's, the knee's" :lol:

even Nadal himself said he felt great

They don't know any better:shrug:Konga didn't make him run like Duck though:shrug:

andylovesaustin
04-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Think you made your point pretty clear bro:hug:

Thanks!:wavey:

I thought so, too!:)

Noleta
04-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks!:wavey:

I thought so, too!:)

Congrats to your Andy:)

andylovesaustin
04-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Congrats to your Andy:)

Why thank you!

heya
04-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Roddick had 1 really careless serve game but that's nothing new in all his matches. Most parts of the 1st & 2nd sets were easy for him.

He didn't "catch fire late". You can't just show up
in the 2nd set with no weapons & suddenly beat Nadal the rest of the match.
Nadal played well except early in the 3rd set, then Roddick broke him again with his own forehand at 5-3.

Noleta
04-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Why thank you!

Well i though you are a big fan,so just wanted to say that:lol:

andylovesaustin
04-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Well i though you are a big fan,so just wanted to say that:lol:

Of course I'm a fan. He's my home-town guy!

I'm just reveling in the moment.

Andy found Rafa's calm!

andy neyer
04-05-2010, 02:44 AM
I really didn't hear a sound when he was hitting his knee. Are you guys sure he said something about it?

Nole fan
04-05-2010, 02:54 AM
I really didn't hear a sound when he was hitting his knee. Are you guys sure he said something about it?

Yep, in that last youtube video you can hear he says in Catalan "I can't, the knee!" (No puc, el genoll!). I'm sure of that.

andy neyer
04-05-2010, 03:05 AM
Oh, okay.

Hunny
04-05-2010, 04:43 AM
Nadal lacks balls.

bayvalle
04-05-2010, 08:53 AM
The thing is this: uncle Toni doesn't let Rafa to trow his racquet (in fact, Toni himself once said to the press that if he ever saw Rafael trowing his racquet, he'd stop coaching him) so poor Rafa can only get rid of his own anger and frustration by hitting at himself and trowing towers. And in my opinion, there can't be much comfort a man can get by trowing something as soft and light as a towel.

What Rafa did was mild compared to at what Youzhny did to himself a couple of years back. Tennis "tantrums" are understandable.

HKz
04-05-2010, 09:03 AM
He was pissed because Roddick has just broken his serve :P

If you actually watched the match, this incident occurred two games after he was broken in the third.

Lmfao.

Damn must suck that you can't trow stuff around.

Har-Tru
04-05-2010, 09:48 PM

Absolutely. He says "no puc... el genoll, el puto genoll!" in Catalan which translates roughly to "I can't... the knee, the fucking knee!".

M4RC
04-06-2010, 01:40 AM
1Qk_BN01ido

Not according to the vid, it's simply real. I'm a native catalan speaker as my first language and he is saying exactly: "No puc, el puto genoll, el puto genoll" "I can't, the fucking knee, the fucking knee".

Arkulari
04-06-2010, 02:04 AM
thanks guys, I don't speak Catalan, so I wasn't sure about it

l_mac
04-06-2010, 02:11 AM
There are many rumours about the state of Rafa's left leg, including one that, if true, makes me think Rafa really is as stupid as his haters think he is. :retard: If you're hurt Rafa, don't play :retard:

Topspin Forehand
04-06-2010, 02:51 AM
Too bad Nadal's knee forced him to lose to a player he always beats. Another reason to skip Monte-Carlo.

Arkulari
04-06-2010, 02:55 AM
Too bad Nadal's knee forced him to lose to a player he always beats. Another reason to skip Monte-Carlo.

their h2h is 5-3 in Rafa's favor, so it's not like Duck has never beaten him before ;)

Rafa won't skip MC, that's a given :o

RogiFan88
04-06-2010, 03:06 AM

sorry, but that's hilarious... :p Rafa self-flagellation... was it Semana Santa??

MrChopin
04-06-2010, 03:07 AM
There are many rumours about the state of Rafa's left leg, including one that, if true, makes me think Rafa really is as stupid as his haters think he is. :retard: If you're hurt Rafa, don't play :retard:

I heard a rumor he's playing with a tumor the size of a grapefruit behind his right eye. And his nerves have gone dead in his left shoulder. And his cat got sick and his pet cactus withered up. Nothing certain of course.

Havok
04-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Really hope he heals up and his bad knees don't speel disaser for his career. The ATP needs him, nobody can put Federer in his place the way Rafa does!

l_mac
04-06-2010, 12:37 PM
:cuckoo: Noone said that. And it's Barcelona he should be skipping, not Monte Carlo.
I heard a rumor he's playing with a tumor the size of a grapefruit behind his right eye. And his nerves have gone dead in his left shoulder. And his cat got sick and his pet cactus withered up. Nothing certain of course.

:hug: That was hilarious.

mark73
04-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Maybe rafa should retire? :lol:

mark73
04-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Rafa will fall. Oh wait..that sounds familiar..

bokehlicious
04-06-2010, 01:58 PM
So much for Mr. Humbalito-Perfecto... :o

R.Federer
04-06-2010, 02:10 PM
OKay, I will be really honest.

The only reason I opened this thread was because I, quickly glancing at the thread title, thought it was saying Rafa was having a pis ..... :lol:

Nole fan
04-06-2010, 04:05 PM
It's funny to see how all the Swiss reply to this thread en masse. :lol:

Noleta
04-06-2010, 05:13 PM

Don't you think he'll have people/doctors/physios around him giving him the green light to play?:shrug:

OKay, I will be really honest.

The only reason I opened this thread was because I, quickly glancing at the thread title, thought it was saying Rafa was having a pis ..... :lol:

Appreciate your honesty:p

Commander Data
04-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Yep, in that last youtube video you can hear he says in Catalan "I can't, the knee!" (No puc, el genoll!). I'm sure of that.

Really? That is a pity, if true... I really would like to know how his knee is.

l_mac
04-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Really? That is a pity, if true... I really would like to know how his knee is.

Uncle Toni says it is "not that serious" :yeah:

:rolleyes:

Machiavelli
04-07-2010, 10:46 AM

Aside my dislike for the way Parera plays, if he really is injured and he keeps on playing, he is either scared of uncle toni and his management team or he has a NadalSharapova like IQ

Commander Data
04-07-2010, 11:47 AM

Did he say so after Miami? what exactly did he say? If he did indeed say "Not that serious" is rather a confirmation that the knee is still bothering him then anything else. On the other hand he seemed to be playing pretty good. Clay will povide the answer as to were his game is at.

I mean, it is also understandable, that the Nadal-team does downplay any problems and not say: "hey, guys Rafas knee is really bothering him. Make him run and believe in your chances because Rafa is limited and you have good chances to beat him if you just believe in in."
fed typically also downplays his problems. (at least as long as they are acute :rolleyes: )

Nole fan
04-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Did he say so after Miami? what exactly did he say? If he did indeed say "Not that serious" is rather a confirmation that the knee is still bothering him then anything else. On the other hand he seemed to be playing pretty good. Clay will povide the answer as to were his game is at.

I mean, it is also understandable, that the Nadal-team does downplay any problems and not say: "hey, guys Rafas knee is really bothering him. Make him run and believe in your chances because Rafa is limited and you have good chances to beat him if you just believe in in."
fed typically also downplays his problems. (at least as long as they are acute :rolleyes: )

Every player downplays his problems... I know that Djokovic has always had breathing problems but only now I found out that he indeed suffers from an unsually tiny torax. :shrug:

Commander Data
04-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Every player downplays his problems... I know that Djokovic has always had breathing problems but only now I found out that he indeed suffers from an unsually tiny torax. :shrug:

Thats what I mean. One has to read between the lines in this issues.

andy neyer
04-08-2010, 04:40 AM
This is what uncle Toni said:

I think he's played to a great level, let's say that of the top 4, he's been the most regular. It was a pity that he lost to Ljubicic where I think he lacked a bit of calm to win the match and then in Miami he had troubles with his left knee that didn't allow him to play at his best level.

When asked by the issues with his knee, Toni Nadal stated that he doesn't believe the problems are too important and that starting on Wednesday they will try to train at 100%. "Our goal is to fully train on Wednesday and Thursday. On Friday we will be leaving to MC. This part of the season is the one that's less phyisically demanding because players have to play on clay which is less dramatic for the joints, but it's also the most important period"

Following that, the coach of the Mallorca tennis player didn't rule out changing the treatment to avoid injuries in his knees, in case that problems remaing re-appearing during the present season. Finally, Toni Nadal stated that the inequality in tennis is diminishing every day, and that proof of this were the bad results obtained by Federer, Djokovic and Murray in these past weeks in the USA, where none of the three managed to get into the final rounds.

tangerine_dream
04-08-2010, 10:09 PM
To add to our collective annals of great moments in tennis history. ;)

http://i42.tinypic.com/35ck84j.gif