It would have been a BIG mistake of Nadal won these hardcourt events [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

It would have been a BIG mistake of Nadal won these hardcourt events

NADALbULLS
04-03-2010, 01:06 AM
This worked out nicely for Nadal, he played very high level tennis for 2 straight hardcourt events without having to play too much tennis, 2 semis of high quality aggressive tennis, that is perfect prepping for the clay season. It was winning events like indian wells last year that cost him his health. So in reality the results he earnt here in America were better than winning. And I think for clay its important he plays aggressively rather than the passive way he played last year, so he's established that the last couple of weeks.

If Nadal had won the last 2 hardcourt events he would be endangering his health for the whole season. Even though the peak of his problems was in Madrid/French Open, it was on hardcourt that it all began last year, and the more he plays on hardcourt the closer he comes to losing his year.

DJ Soup
04-03-2010, 01:32 AM
shhh stop saying nonesense

NADALbULLS
04-03-2010, 01:34 AM
I think it would have been more ideal if he lost in the QF. But at least he didn't have a marathon match against a baseliner. Roddick matches aren't too physically draining, especially this one because Roddick came to the net so much.

moon language
04-03-2010, 01:34 AM
It would have been better for him if he had won one of them.

NADALbULLS
04-03-2010, 01:35 AM
For confidence its good to get a win but really is there any doubt he's going to win events on clay?

n8
04-03-2010, 01:39 AM
By reaching two semis he played 10 matches, winning both events and he would've played 12. There really isn't much difference there.

NADALbULLS
04-03-2010, 01:51 AM
It's all about the odds. What are the odds of a killer 3-setter with regular 30 shot rallies in a semi or final? Odds increase with each round. QF would have been ideal, but SF worked out fairly unphysical anyway.

luie
04-03-2010, 02:00 AM
You are happy & I'am happy he didn't make any finals or any titles.

Jimnik
04-03-2010, 02:01 AM
Indeed. Djokovic and Murray agree too.

NADALbULLS
04-03-2010, 02:07 AM
You are happy & I'am happy he didn't make any finals or any titles.

Happiest of all time.

andylovesaustin
04-03-2010, 02:14 AM
Indeed. Djokovic and Murray agree too.

:lol:

andy neyer
04-03-2010, 03:02 AM
2 semis on hardcourts for nadal is a good result. Considering that he was actually pretty close of winning those two semis, I expect him to dominate the clay, his favourite playing surface. Nadal is just a beast on clay.

NADALbULLS
04-03-2010, 05:23 AM
2 semis on hardcourts for nadal is a good result. Considering that he was actually pretty close of winning those two semis, I expect him to dominate the clay, his favourite playing surface. Nadal is just a beast on clay.

I agree, if he wants confidence it won't matter if he gets it here, because who's going to beat him on clay? Lots of confidence to be had there (and success on clay will give confidence for Wimbledon). Thing he got out of these hardcourt events was tactically he got his aggressive game going.

fred perry
04-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Nadal learned how to act in a Shakira video. He genuinely looked disappointed that he lost.

oranges
04-03-2010, 06:53 AM
I'm undecided which threads are stupider, this kind or should x retire ones after a loss.

Sunset of Age
04-03-2010, 07:04 AM
:speakles: :help:

FNT
04-03-2010, 07:56 AM
In fact, he shouldn't win any tourneys this year, get ready for 2011, Raf!!!! Next year, he should lose in the semis, and 2012 is when he should REALLY turn it on... or not.

leng jai
04-03-2010, 08:38 AM
You're just saying what we already know: Nadull is a genius.

NADALbULLS
04-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Nadal learned how to act in a Shakira video. He genuinely looked disappointed that he lost.

That's because he was disappointed, he wants to win everything. That's not the point of this thread - not playing too many rounds of hardcourt is my idea not his lol

tennis2tennis
04-03-2010, 03:17 PM
seriously if this drivel was posted by a Roger fan we'd have never heard the end of it! Here comes the excuse brigade blah blah blah...

Noleta
04-03-2010, 03:17 PM
It would've been great for his confidence had he won a title being so close both times.

Certinfy
04-03-2010, 03:19 PM
What BS!

AsianSensation
04-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Only on MTF is not making the final better than losing in them.

Start da Game
04-04-2010, 08:03 AM
This worked out nicely for Nadal, he played very high level tennis for 2 straight hardcourt events without having to play too much tennis, 2 semis of high quality aggressive tennis, that is perfect prepping for the clay season. It was winning events like indian wells last year that cost him his health. So in reality the results he earnt here in America were better than winning. And I think for clay its important he plays aggressively rather than the passive way he played last year, so he's established that the last couple of weeks.

If Nadal had won the last 2 hardcourt events he would be endangering his health for the whole season. Even though the peak of his problems was in Madrid/French Open, it was on hardcourt that it all began last year, and the more he plays on hardcourt the closer he comes to losing his year.

i think you have a point.......not his health but if he had won a title with this current ordinary form, he would have relaxed instead of working hard in the clay season and correcting the flaws in his footwork and the backhand which only he knows what to do.......

also, these two defeats at IW and miami will just double that hunger for victories and spur him up and drive him to get to his attacking best on clay........usually that is when he is almost unplayable........

Arkulari
04-04-2010, 08:11 AM
I think the link is relevant to this thread:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9781628&postcount=34

NADALbULLS
04-04-2010, 08:25 AM
seriously if this drivel was posted by a Roger fan we'd have never heard the end of it! Here comes the excuse brigade blah blah blah...

Don't forget though this is not an excuse for Nadal losing, because I am sure Nadal would hate to lose in the SF, I know he's doing everything he can to win every hardcourt match. The losing in QF of hardcourt events is my idea 100%, and I know Nadal will never endorse it, we just got reasonably lucky in these 2 events because he didn't go all the way and have a damaging marathon. But I know Nadal gave everything he had v Roddick, no doubt about that.

I know Nadal needs to win a title for confidence, but no point getting it on hardcourt, we know he can barely lose on clay (even last year when at his worst physically, he won most of them). Main thing in these hardcourt events is he reinforced his attacking style of tennis that we saw v Murray in the Australian O. That's the key for clay too.

ssj100
04-04-2010, 08:26 AM
i think you have a point.......not his health but if he had won a title with this current ordinary form, he would have relaxed instead of working hard in the clay season and correcting the flaws in his footwork and the backhand which only he knows what to do.......

also, these two defeats at IW and miami will just double that hunger for victories and spur him up and drive him to get to his attacking best on clay........usually that is when he is almost unplayable........

Yes, Nadal will win all. Not almost unplayable. Unplayable full stop.

Persimmon
04-04-2010, 05:14 PM
If Rafa had won both IW and Miami his knees would be shot by now plus he would be peaking too early in the year. In 2009 he also peaked too early and had nothing left for the FO/Wimbledon.