Miami R4: Robin def Gonzo 6-0 6-7 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R4: Robin def Gonzo 6-0 6-7 6-2

jonas
03-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Such a rollercoaster.
Robin in cruise control in the first - Gonzo awful.
Robin lost it all in the second while Gonzo upped his level.
Then Toad got back the momentum and some focus in the third.
Showed some strong mentality in the end.
BTW Gonzo is a complete jerk on court.

http://i40.tinypic.com/n4wqzd.png

Smoke944
03-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Seems like Fernando couldn't concentrate for more than 20 minutes in a row in this match :o

henke007
03-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Nice Clutch, 43 Winners vs 30 UE and 13/20 from Gonza who didn't deserve to play a 2nd set after his clownish unsportsmanship. F'kin judges that can't warn the players more.

Jomp1
03-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Gonzo with the on court antics, and Robin controlling his own destiny as always. Not surprising.

In the end, a pretty solid performance. 43/30 is decent. 17 of them were in the horrific 2nd set.

gam_jonte
03-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Yes, Gonzo is so bad. And in the TB i think Gonzo had almost only second serves and Robin just threw the kitchen sink at it, and that mentailty he just has to loose if he wants to keep this ranking up. Other then that he played strongly with few UEs in the first and third. :)

krakenzero
03-30-2010, 10:26 PM
How many hours of rest did Gonzalez have between Monaco's match and this one??

Guille.
03-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Fuck yeah Robin:inlove::yeah:

GasquetFan
03-30-2010, 10:27 PM
:banghead:

Looking forward to Robin v Youzhny though.

-Valhalla-
03-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Careless UE’s, double faulting games away, poor tactics, mocking the umpire and linesmen, arguing with Robin, disinterested, looking like he was late for his dinner reservations etc., etc.

Totally unprofessional and altogether just a piss poor performance from Gonzo :(

Gonzalez88
03-30-2010, 10:30 PM
How many hours of rest did Gonzalez have between Monaco's match and this one??

you're right!!!!

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Gonzo had Soderling on the ropes but couldnt take advantage of the momentum. Soderling wanted it more

sebbe
03-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Gonzo had Soderling on the ropes but couldnt take advantage of the momentum. Soderling wanted it more

Söderling is just a better player...

Geo
03-30-2010, 10:34 PM
crazy score :haha: :rolls:

It's possible Gonzalez was a bit tired from his match last night :shrug:

anyway good win for Soderling :yeah:

Mario000
03-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Gonzalez:worship::worship::worship::worship::worsh ip:

that is why he is my top 3 player

Ad Wim
03-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Lol, people complaining about Gonzo's on court behaviour. They've probably never seen Soderling play, especially when he is losing.

martinatreue
03-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Lol, people complaining about Gonzo's on court behaviour. They've probably never seen Soderling play, especially when he is losing.

Gonzo cheated at the Olympics against James Blake (whom I also hate), has wiped his ass on the court in front of the crowd in Roland Garros and acted like an ass numerous times. Robin has done a few things too but none as overtly rude as what Gonzo pulls off. :mad:

Chiakifug
03-30-2010, 10:42 PM

Gonzo didnt have a SINGLE break point.

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-30-2010, 10:44 PM
talking about the tie-brak and just after

-Valhalla-
03-30-2010, 10:45 PM
And on the last point he gave zero effort and mockingly stuck out his racket. I thought it was very disrespectful to the fans and to the game :(

.-Federers_Mate-.

gonzo got a better forehand :armed:

Jomp1

Has nothing to do with this match, however? And rubbing your ass against the side line to remove a mark probably takes the cake anyways..

madmax
03-30-2010, 10:47 PM
That prick Gonzo BADLY deserves a good smack into his face - his on-court crap he pulls out regularly really get's on my nerves sometimes...

Jimnik
03-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Too good Soderling. Just a league above Gonzo in terms of form and confidence atm.

DanaKz
03-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Gonzales :cuckoo: What a clown.

Orka_n
03-30-2010, 10:59 PM
I missed this match. :( I'm happy for Soderking, though. That first Masters title is getting closer...

ChinoRios4Ever
03-30-2010, 11:00 PM
expected :sad:

rubbERR
03-30-2010, 11:17 PM

i wouldnt say that he is better player, better form at the moment for sure

Arkulari
03-31-2010, 12:03 AM
Gonzo was his usual arsehole in the court, the whole "staring at the linesjudge" is getting old :rolleyes:

Vamos Toad!!! :D

Sunset of Age
03-31-2010, 12:17 AM
Gonzo was his usual arsehole in the court, the whole "staring at the linesjudge" is getting old :rolleyes:

Vamos Toad!!! :D

+1.
I only saw parts of this match (well, the 1st set :worship: and bits and pieces of the 2nd and 3rd), but did catch that 'staring'-scene and it was :o :o :o. He deserved a warning at least for that, but with the umpires of today, players get away with anything.
Really horrible behaviour by Gonzo. Too bad, I was about to start liking him again because of his charity event for Chile, but I think he draw a lot of bad blood with his behaviour on court today. What a prick he was.

tennishero
03-31-2010, 12:23 AM

LOL! not in a million years my biased friend.

lets compare both players

forehand: gonzo
backhand: soderling
serve: depends on form, soderling now
volley: gonzo
movement: gonzo
slice: gonzo
flair: gonzo
consistency: soderling
entertainer: gonzo

i hate to break it for u but soderling is a one dimensional ballbasher, who happens to be very consistent.

Sunset of Age
03-31-2010, 12:28 AM

i hate to break it for u but soderling is a one dimensional ballbasher, who happens to be very consistent.

General behaviour on court: Soderling, by a MILE!

Baghdatis72
03-31-2010, 12:31 AM
43 winners and no break points faced :eek:

Robin is untouchable when on fire :help:

Dini
03-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Bravo, Robin.

Hope the match against Youzhny is injury free unlike last time. :(

Getta
03-31-2010, 12:41 AM
Robin is a great guy, and good for him.

Chris Waddle
03-31-2010, 12:55 AM
General behaviour on court: Soderling, by a MILE!

Robin has been pretty embarrasing to watch in the past. For the most part, he wasn't disrespectful against his opponents though. Nowadays, he behaves much better.

HKz
03-31-2010, 01:03 AM

When did he have Robin on the ropes..?

Persimmon
03-31-2010, 01:05 AM
A bagel. Wow.

HKz
03-31-2010, 01:05 AM

At the end of the day, we only care about the wins. Mecir is sure hell rarely ever brought up.

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-31-2010, 01:07 AM
When did he have Robin on the ropes..?

tiebreak and 1-0 he had all momentum

Ibracadabra
03-31-2010, 01:10 AM
pretty sure soderling wasn't apologising for net cord winners, typical though.

HKz
03-31-2010, 01:13 AM
tiebreak and 1-0 he had all momentum

Having the momentum of the match and putting somebody on the ropes are completely different. Your opponent isn't necessarily on the ropes even if you have the momentum. And in this match particular, Robin didn't seem to panic and just stayed consistent, so he clearly didn't feel that way.

pretty sure soderling wasn't apologising for net cord winners, typical though.

Why are you still crying about Robin? Who cares, some players do, some players don't. Do you want him to serve his opponents tea too while he is at it?

Ibracadabra
03-31-2010, 01:34 AM
I like robin, it's just that which annoys me. Do it atleast out of courtesy as they will to him.

Sunset of Age
03-31-2010, 02:19 AM
Robin has been pretty embarrasing to watch in the past. For the most part, he wasn't disrespectful against his opponents though. Nowadays, he behaves much better.

I know, he's really improved in both the mental and behaviour department.
But I was only talking about this particular match, and here it was obvious that Gonzo was behaving as a complete A$$.

FlameOn
03-31-2010, 02:28 AM
Well done Robin. :D Two of my faves in the quarters - lovin' it. :drool:

*Jean*
03-31-2010, 06:11 AM
Robin :yeah: ;)

MrChopin
03-31-2010, 06:28 AM
Gonzo the humanitarian shines again.

prafull
03-31-2010, 06:32 AM
Soderling din't face a break point whole match. :worship:

jonas
03-31-2010, 09:36 AM
Robin's got a great shot a the title now.

Beat
03-31-2010, 09:58 AM
43-13 winners? :lol: robin has become really consistent :yeah:

sebbe
03-31-2010, 10:20 AM

Haha you forgot cleverness and that decides everything and Robin is far smarter then mr gonzales...the only way he wins points is when he gets to use his forehand. And Robin's serve is alot better.

gusavo
03-31-2010, 02:29 PM

oh, I thought we were going to debate who was better?
söderling- 1.43

Certinfy
03-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Crazy match :o

Jomp1
03-31-2010, 03:34 PM

This is laughable on many levels. Doesn't matter if Gonzo has a better slice, movement or volley when he's getting toyed around with by Soderlings ground strokes. It's all about playing to your strengths my friend. Gonzo has one of the best forehands on tour but didn't get any use out of it.

Entertainer? As in being a clown? Then yes I agree, it was kinda entertaining after all.
Gonzos serve is not even close.

Ichiban1920
03-31-2010, 05:41 PM

You are a fucking clown. You of all talking about baised when you yourself are biased to every single Argentine player like Del Mugro, an other one-dimensional ball-basher.

STFU.

BTW, Gonzalez himself is a clown of the highest order.

Idiot.

tennishero
03-31-2010, 06:17 PM
You are a fucking clown. You of all talking about baised when you yourself are biased to every single Argentine player like Del Mugro, an other one-dimensional ball-basher.

STFU.

BTW, Gonzalez himself is a clown of the highest order.

Idiot.

arent u ment to be banned u loser? u know nothing about tennis gtfo out these forums u clueless hater, ur opinion is as useful as a pile of shit.

This is laughable on many levels. Doesn't matter if Gonzo has a better slice, movement or volley when he's getting toyed around with by Soderlings ground strokes. It's all about playing to your strengths my friend. Gonzo has one of the best forehands on tour but didn't get any use out of it.

Entertainer? As in being a clown? Then yes I agree, it was kinda entertaining after all.
Gonzos serve is not even close.

hi, ur biased.

Aaric
03-31-2010, 06:48 PM
:yeah: to both

Orka_n
03-31-2010, 09:23 PM

Gonzos serve is not even close.hi, ur biased.Biased? That was a rational and truthful post. You're just delusional.

tennishero
03-31-2010, 09:45 PM
Biased? That was a rational and truthful post. You're just delusional.

notice all the people that disagree are swedish... go back to ikea tard.

Ichiban1920
03-31-2010, 10:00 PM
arent u ment to be banned u loser? u know nothing about tennis gtfo out these forums u clueless hater, ur opinion is as useful as a pile of shit

:lol:

This is the extent of your feeble tennis knowledge:

DEL POTRO = ALL COURT PLAYER.

And seriously, stop accusing others of being biased, you're only retard in the world who would think Nalbandian is more talented than Safin only because he's argentinian.

Oh, and also, did I also mention that Del Mugro is a one-dimensional ballbashing clown who won a fluke slam?

Orka_n
03-31-2010, 10:02 PM
notice all the people that disagree are swedish... go back to ikea tard.Are HKz and Ichiban Swedish? :banghead: But I don't wan't to argue with you, you won't listen to reason. As I said, I may be biased, but you are delusional.

Ichiban1920
03-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Tennishero is an absolute moron of the highest order, there really is no reasoning with the likes of him.

tennishero
03-31-2010, 10:15 PM
Are HKz and Ichiban Swedish? :banghead: But I don't wan't to argue with you, you won't listen to reason. As I said, I may be biased, but you are delusional.

i listed the reasons and how gonzo was better in most aspects, it seems u are delusional, have fun :wavey:

Tennishero is an absolute moron of the highest order, there really is no reasoning with the likes of him.

i think ur actually mentally stupid, either that or u have serious issues. ur a fucking loser who spends his life bashing del potro and talking complete bullshit.
i'll just ignore u from now on, just like before u got banned. ur a waste of time.

shotgun
04-01-2010, 12:12 AM
tennishero :baby:

MalwareDie
04-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Del Potro is ugly and one-dimensional hahahaha.

Certinfy
04-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Del Potro is ugly and one-dimensional hahahaha.:rolleyes:

1987518LPF
04-01-2010, 04:22 AM
15ACES:devil:
43WINNERS:worship:

Nidhogg
04-01-2010, 01:40 PM
The second set was comedial in so many ways. Gonzo needs to stop embarrassing himself on court with his bullshit.

Kinda funny to think that Söderling has now made the quarters or better in his last four Masters. I would have preferred to see him play daytime today, but he's still got a good chance to make his second consecutive semi as well.