Ricky Martin FINALLY comes out of the closet...WTG!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ricky Martin FINALLY comes out of the closet...WTG!!

Denaon
03-29-2010, 09:42 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/ricky-martin-fortunate-homosexual-man/story?id=10234454

Ricky Martin's coming clean and coming out of the closet.

After years of scrutiny about his sexuality, the Latino pop star declared on his official Web site today that he is "a fortunate homosexual man." Martin explained that he decided to make the announcement after musing about his memoirs and his year-and-a-half-old twin sons, whom he fathered through a surrogate mother in 2008.

"This is just what I need, especially now that I am the father of two beautiful boys that are so full of light and who with their outlook teach me new things every day," Martin wrote. "These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed."

Martin's publicist, John Reilly, confirmed that the statement is authentic.

Martin's declaration comes just weeks after Barbara Walters admitted she was wrong to question the singer aggressively about his sexuality during an interview 10 years ago.

"In 2000, I pushed Ricky Martin very hard to admit if he was gay or not, and the way he refused to do it made everyone decide that he was," Walters told the Toronto Star earlier this month. "A lot of people say that destroyed his career, and when I think back on it now I feel it was an inappropriate question."

Martin, known for hip-shaking Latin pop hits like 1999's "Livin' La Vida Loca," was widely speculated to be gay during the height of his fame. In her 2000 interview, Walters told Martin, "You know, you could stop these rumors. You could say, as many artists have, 'Yes I am gay,' or you could say, 'No, I'm not,' or you could leave it, as you are, ambiguous. I don't want to put you on the spot, but it's in your power to do it."

Carlita
03-29-2010, 09:48 PM
well about time too :lol:

:rocker2:

Henry Chinaski
03-29-2010, 11:36 PM
amazing scenes

Kolya
03-30-2010, 12:36 AM
:lol: Could have had any woman he wanted :p

Arkulari
03-30-2010, 02:32 AM
http://whoremotions.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/captain_obvious.jpg

anyone doubted it? :spit:

Ricky is still gorgeous though :hearts:

smitty8
03-30-2010, 03:48 AM
Am I surprised? No. I still luv him and still think he's a hot man.

scoobs
03-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Good for him.

I hope he's very happy and relieved to finally get this off his chest.

About fucking time, though - we all knew it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this resurrects his music career.

sammy01
03-30-2010, 11:54 AM
coming out is more about accepting yourself, thus not being bothered what others think. it will be nice to think he has finally accepted himself thus letting others doing the same to.

Certinfy
03-30-2010, 01:31 PM
People make too big things out of situations like this :o

Har-Tru
03-30-2010, 01:38 PM

Well to be honest, he kind of built it up himself by waiting so long.

Henry Chinaski
03-30-2010, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this resurrects his music career.

has his career slumped then? I'm not really up to date with the latin american pop scene.

It would explain the timing of announcing what everyone already knew.

I'm fully expecting an Onion article with Tommy Lee or someone renowned for banging a ridiculous amount of women, to come out and announce that they're straight.

Denaon
03-30-2010, 03:14 PM

I bet it'd be easier for you being in the spotlight and assuming it to the whole world.
For instance Michael Jackson has never accepted he wasn't straight. I wonder what would have happened if he accepted publicly he was gay (in case Gay was his real sexual tendency)

has his career slumped then? I'm not really up to date with the latin american pop scene.

It would explain the timing of announcing what everyone already knew.

I'm fully expecting an Onion article with Tommy Lee or someone renowned for banging a ridiculous amount of women, to come out and announce that they're straight.

Pretty much after denying his sexuality his career went down.
I think this could be a good attempt to be back in the scene...anyway this is great for lesbians and gays who haven't come out yet to view a huge music idol open his heart to the world...and become a role model. Ricky is one great homo!!! :spit: :haha: j/k

scoobs
03-30-2010, 06:24 PM
If nothing else he has a guaranteed slot on the worldwide pride circuits.

alfonsojose
03-31-2010, 01:11 AM
The sky is blue :p

safin-rules-no.1
04-01-2010, 06:54 AM
He's a very bad role model for young gay men. Although each in their own time and all that.

HoorayBeer
04-01-2010, 01:00 PM
He's a very bad role model for young gay men. Although each in their own time and all that.

A man either straight or gay in a monogamous relationship nowadays is a pleasant surprise.The gaes could do a lot worse for a role model.

Collective
04-01-2010, 04:07 PM
There's also a rumor that Micheal Jackson might be dead.

safin-rules-no.1
04-01-2010, 06:15 PM
A man either straight or gay in a monogamous relationship nowadays is a pleasant surprise.The gaes could do a lot worse for a role model.

I'm sure 'the gays' will hopefully have a better role model who hasn't lied through his songs for more than a decade, and then only decided to come out when he thought it would sell more of what im guessing would have been a dull autobiography otherwise. I resent that he said he is a proud gay man.

Anyway, he's still super hot :hearts:

maru_angi
04-06-2010, 02:25 AM
I'm sure 'the gays' will hopefully have a better role model who hasn't lied through his songs for more than a decade, and then only decided to come out when he thought it would sell more of what im guessing would have been a dull autobiography otherwise. I resent that he said he is a proud gay man.

Anyway, he's still super hot :hearts:

I agree, businesses are businesses :devil:

Dini
04-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Just came across this. :spit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1264995/Don-t-girls-Mascara-ad-cashes-Ricky-Martin-coming-out.html

:cuckoo: :lol:

andy neyer
04-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Well to be honest, he kind of built it up himself by waiting so long.

True but then again, if he had said it earlier, his career probably wouldn't have been as successful as it is now.

safin-rules-no.1
04-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Just came across this. :spit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1264995/Don-t-girls-Mascara-ad-cashes-Ricky-Martin-coming-out.html

:cuckoo: :lol:

Daily Mail :tape: