Miami R3: Federer def. Serra 7/6(2) 7/6(3) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R3: Federer def. Serra 7/6(2) 7/6(3)

Nidhogg
03-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Did Roger wear his watch on court today? He looked to be in EXHO mode for most of the match, almost annoyingly relaxed. Serra played well.

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Serra played well..but federer had just enough in his armory. Serra was down 5-4 in the 2nd but broke back with a great down the line forehand.He managed to take the match into a tie-break. Tricky match probably against Berdych next.
Phenomenal point at 5-2 in the 1st set by roger :worship:. Still to many errors and shanking..against players like serra u can still win..but the likes of cillic and berdych will punish him. Serra had his chances at 6-5, Federer really needs to up his game.

dylan24
03-29-2010, 08:44 PM
good for the game whenever serra loses

scarecrows
03-29-2010, 08:44 PM
spartan stuff :rocker2:

dylan24
03-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Serra played well..but federer had just enough in his armory. Serra was down 5-4 in the 2nd but broke back with a great down the line forehand.He managed to take the match into a tie-break. Tricky match probably against Berdych next.
Phenomenal point at 5-2 in the 1st set by roger :worship:. Still to many errors and shanking..against players like serra u can still win..but the likes of cillic and berdych will punish him. Serra had his chances at 6-5, Federer really needs to up his game.

you jinxing birdshit.
he is losing in 2nd set

Montego
Except some magic shots - that was bad from Fed

Sjengster
Allow me to paraphrase the one and only Mr John Patrick McEnroe:

"How big a lead does it have to be for you to not screw up, huh? A double break? A triple break? Serving for both sets, is that not a big enough game for you not to screw up, jerk???!!!"

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-29-2010, 08:46 PM
haha zeballos could give fed a run 4 his money on feds form at the moment

madmax
shanktastic performance from Rogie today - needs to keep concentration and stop gifting service games so easily to the likes of Serra

elessar
Great effort Roger, 100% concentration from start to finish :rocker2:

Serra was on fire :worship:

jonas
Muggish.

Fed Express
03-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Not a great match from Federer but good enough. Was in control the entire match.

5 or 6 BRILLIANT shots from Federer in this match by the way. If you find the highlights later on, watch it.

Federer of course should not have given away the double break but oh well. He'll probably know that as well.

Certinfy
Serra played well.

tyruk14
Did what needed to be done. Good fight from Serra, though.

oematoema
03-29-2010, 08:48 PM
It seems that Federer doesn't give a sh!t, except when he's playing tiebreaks.

Oh whatever, in before the rain.

DrJules

Love the humour:lol::lol::lol:

When he was good he was good when he was bad he was bad.

henke007
Some wonderfull tennis and magic SHOTS from Fed but his serve really let him down in the 2nd set and he suffered from that and Serra went allin on all his shots with the FH. All mental in the breakers and great clutch from Fed.

Fedexex
stop choking Roger:o

alter ego
Nice choking Roger :

Orka_n
Weird match. Fed obviously doesn't give a crap whether he wins or loses, while Serra acts like it's Wimbledon. And still Fed wins. :unsure:

KoOlMaNsEaN
If Fed WANTS to win this title he needs to toughen up and win it when he has the lead.

Apemant
Nobody is afraid of Federer anymore :lol:

In fact, only Federer is afraid of himself nowadays, and rightly so - shanking balls left and right. :devil:

nanoman
03-29-2010, 08:49 PM
1 or 2 goat-worthy points, but the rest of the match it was vintage Frauderror.

Voo de Mar
03-29-2010, 08:49 PM
From Federer's side it was a match like, "Ok, I lost a tight match to Baghdatis, so it's good to win something tight, why not 7-6 7-6 against Serramug?"

l_mac
03-29-2010, 08:50 PM
:haha:

Great win, Rogi :yeah:

Nidhogg
03-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Fed served for both sets, being up two breaks early in the second. Despite this, I seriously can't recall the last time Rog appeared more enthusiastic rather than grumpy in an early MS round. :lol:

The odd sublime point which just makes you laugh here and there aswell.

jonas
03-29-2010, 08:51 PM
From Federer's side it was a match like, "Ok, I lost a tight match to Baghdatis, so it's good to win something tight, why not 7-6 7-6 against Serramug?"

Federer has the best tie break record of all time, right?

ApproachShot
03-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Very uncharacteristic of Federer to relinquish a break in the first set and a double break in the 2nd. A few excellent passages of play aside, he will need to pick up his game for the later rounds. Federer seemed a little affected by the wind but the conditions are the same for everyone and that is something he will have to deal with against quality opposition.

It's the win that counts at the end of the day though, and he will be pleased not to have dropped a set so far in the tournament.

DrJules
Some wonderfull tennis and magic SHOTS from Fed but his serve really let him down in the 2nd set and he suffered from that and Serra went allin on all his shots with the FH. All mental in the breakers and great clutch from Fed.

Very true.

A lot from Federer was very impressive, but he had some significant poor spells.

Fee
Distracted by Kim Khardashian?

Voo de Mar
03-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Federer has the best tie break record of all time, right?

Yes, given percentage.

oz_boz
:lol: Fed and MS as of lately, a match made in heaven.

acionescu
RogiGOAT providing great entertainment outside the Slams these days :yeah:

habibko
Serra played really well for most of the match but not when it mattered the most, Fed did pretty much the opposite, better from the baseline than the last match but won't be good enough to win the title.

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Distracted by Kim Khardashian?

:lol: who wouldnt be

Sunset of Age
The report of this match: "from Jesus!Fed to FedError in a mere blink of an eye..."
:spit: :haha:

And even more :haha: to those who think Fed is a lock-in for the final in Miami. Do those folks even watch his matches or what? :o

Unless he manages to deal with his concentration problems, Berdych/Soderling will take care of him I think. Unless either of those will take care of themselves. :angel:

Haelfix
When you've played however many 100s of ATP matches in a career, be sure that when you go up against a no name like Serra in the opening rounds, that your concentration isn't exactly peaked.

Roger looked bored, except on a few important points.

The problem is, when he plays like that without putting much effort into a match, it has a tendency to create timing issues (the shanks) that become important when he does face someone important.

Dyraise
Roger was horrible...

timafi
03-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Roger love you to fucking death but wtf is wrong with you?:o:o

get your shit together:(:(:(

docking34
03-29-2010, 08:55 PM
very BORING match so please do not rewatch, totally not worth your time. fed just standing there hitting a few good forehands here and there, nothing special. totally could have gone to 3 sets.

Certinfy
03-29-2010, 08:57 PM
How many well known people were watching this match?

Mary Joe Fernandez
Rafa Nadal
John Isner
Arnaud Clement
Sam Querrey
Caroline Wozniacki

Anyone else?

elessar
The report of this match: "from Jesus!Fed to FedError in a mere blink of an eye..."

And even more :haha: to those who think Fed is a lock-in for the final in Miami. Do those folks even watch his matches or what? :o

Unless he manages to deal with his concentration problems, Berdych/Soderling will take care of him I think. Unless either of those will take care of themselves. :angel:
I think it's absolutely useless to determine how Roger is gonna fare at a MS based on his early rounds matches. Him playing great, or as is most often the case, crap early on seems to have very little impact on his final result at a tourney.

rofe
Even by 3rd round standards, it was a bad match from Fed. Only silver lining is that his spartan play appeared in the TBs.

tea
Rafito and Woz who were spectating this match were not impressed, perhaps.:awww:

Roger, anyways, we saw how much you fought and that was wow. Others on your place against THAT Serra would've lost both of the sets, however strong their leading position would be. Not you.:worship:

ryder66
03-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Love Fed, but that was a really bad second set. Needs to pick it up big time.

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-29-2010, 08:58 PM

Mary Joe Fernandez
Rafa Nadal
John Isner
Arnaud Clement
Sam Querrey
Caroline Wozniacki

Anyone else?
the resty of the kardashian clan

Luinir
03-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Fedal final is coming.

kinski76
03-29-2010, 08:59 PM

:lol: That's why he's the Maestro :worship:

DrJules
03-29-2010, 09:00 PM

Noticeably not in the tie breaks which were both played at a high level.

Sunset of Age
03-29-2010, 09:02 PM

That's the time of the match where he somehow still manages to keep his concentration.

BTW - Rafa watching this match. :hearts: :yeah:
I guess he really liked what he saw, but for both goes the same thing: I have yet to see either make it even close to reaching the final here.

Aenea
03-29-2010, 09:02 PM

Why Soderling? If not Berdych then Nando will take care of Fed even before he could reach Sod if Nando could only take his eyes off Kim Kardashian :lol:

Midnight Ninja
03-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Shouldn't the title read "Federer destroys Serra 7-6 7-6"?

Voo de Mar

Mirka had delicate smile when Serra came back from 1:4 to 3:4. IMO it wasn't a serious match, Serra acted like he believed in his chance whilst he had them only because Federer wanted to create himself some opportunity to win the match 7-6 7-6 or something like this :o It's not the first time, I think something similar happened against Seppi a couple years ago in Monte Carlo and against Greul at the last US Open.

Certinfy
Shouldn't the title read "Federer destroys Serra 7-6 7-6"?:haha: :worship:

Sunset of Age
I think it's absolutely useless to determine how Roger is gonna fare at a MS based on his early rounds matches. Him playing great, or as is most often the case, crap early on seems to have very little impact on his final result at a tourney.

True, I agree on this, but still - blowing 1 break in set #1, and even 2 breaks in set #2 is NOT a good sign for things to come, however you look at it... :o

Fergoddsakes he was playing one Florent Serra.
Berdych, Soderling, and perhaps even Baghdatis are going to rip him a fresh one if he keeps on going like this. :shrug:

Sunset of Age
03-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Why Soderling? If not Berdych then Nando will take care of Fed even before he could reach Sod if Nando could only take his eyes off Kim Kardashian :lol:

Might be just anyone, I just looked at the draw and flung out a couple of names that came to my mind... ;)

rofe
03-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Mirka had delicate smile when Serra came back from 1:4 to 3:4. IMO it wasn't a serious match, Serra acted like he believed in his chance whilst he had them only because Federer wanted to create himself some opportunity to win the match 7-6 7-6 :o It's not the first time, I think something similar happened against Seppi a couple years ago and against Greul at the last US Open.

Sure, Fed is so supremely arrogant that he loses games on purpose to provide entertainment for himself, his team and the crowd. :retard:

l_mac
03-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Sure, Fed is so supremely arrogant that he loses games on purpose to provide entertainment for himself, his team and the crowd.

OMG it is getting bad when even the Fed supporters notice this :o

Voo de Mar
03-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Sure, Fed is so supremely arrogant that he loses games on purpose to provide entertainment for himself, his team and the crowd. :retard:

I don't suppose it's for entertainment. Actually I don't know what's the point of it. Maybe to feel better the ball? It was short match in terms of time length despite 2 tie-breaks. Probably no difference for Federer to stay on court 60 or 90 minutes. He can prepare himself better for the next match with additional 30 minutes on court :shrug:

l_mac
03-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Nalby would have destroyed Fed today, that much is certain.

rofe
03-29-2010, 09:13 PM
OMG it is getting bad when I agree with you :o

:hug:

Sunset of Age
03-29-2010, 09:14 PM
I don't suppose it's for entertainment. Actually I don't know what's the point of it. Maybe to feel better the ball? It was short match in terms of time length despite 2 tie-breaks. Probably no difference for Federer to stay on court 60 or 90 minutes. He can prepare himself better for the next match with additional 30 minutes on court :shrug:

How about the most simple explanation, namely, that Federer just isn't as good a player anymore like he was a couple of years ago? :confused:
Why do folks keep on claiming he's invincible, while he's just a human player after all? :shrug:

elessar
03-29-2010, 09:15 PM
:lol:

Serra played far better than Nalby could hope to play at this point IMO.

Michael Bluth
03-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Fed just wanted to improve his tiebreak record for the year, no big deal.

Seriously though, at least Berdych won, that way when Fed loses next round it will at least be to somebody I like.

l_mac
03-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Serra played far better than Nalby could hope to play at this point IMO.

:spit:

JediFed
03-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Right, because Berdych dominated in his win. :rolleyes:

I want to rep Orsha because she captivated the moment. Serra played like this was Wimbledon.

Fed Express

That is not certain. Federer does not have the cowardly game Nadal does. No way Nalbandian could dictate play like he did in the first set against Federer. (did not see the next 2 sets but I heard Nalby got tired in those).

Best example of that is Soderling against Nadal at the French, and Soderling against Federer there. Soderling did not play worse then he did against Nadal, he just was not given the opportunity.

Voo de Mar
How about the most simple explanation, namely, that Federer just isn't as good a player anymore like he was a couple of years ago? :confused:

Maybe he isn't so consistent like used to be in years 2004-2006 but he can still beat anyone on a given day. I'm sure he'll play much more better against Berdych than in today's match.

elessar
03-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Serra had the exact same stats Rafa had, 21 winners to 27 UEs, except in two sets which means his ratio would have been much better over three sets.

I'm fairly confident he'd have beaten both Nalby AND Rafa today (and please don't think it's just the patriot in me saying that).

Fee
03-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Federer needs to realize that there will come a point in his career where he will wish he could have back those extra minutes on court he wasted in matches like today (ask Sampras). When you can beat someone 2 and 2 and get off the court in an hour, do it and save your body. With his knowledge and experience, he should be able to stay focused much better than he did today.

Foxy
Serra had the exact same stats Rafa had, 21 winners to 27 UEs, except in two sets which means his ratio would have been much better over three sets.

I'm fairly confident he'd have beaten both Nalby AND Rafa today (and please don't think it's just the patriot in me saying that).

:haha: No way in hell. Not even a set or close to a tiebreak. Gotta laugh at post like "how good Serra was...".

l_mac
That is not certain. Federer does not have the cowardly game Nadal does. No way Nalbandian could dictate play like he did in the first set against Federer. (did not see the next 2 sets but I heard Nalby got tired in those).

Best example of that is Soderling against Nadal at the French, and Soderling against Federer there. Soderling did not play worse then he did against Nadal, he just was not given the opportunity.

http://www.terranuts.com/forums/images/smilies/fishing.gif

Sunset of Age
03-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Maybe he isn't so consistent like used to be in years 2004-2006 but he can still beat anyone on a given day. I'm sure he'll play much more better against Berdych than in today's match.

Yes he CAN. If he keeps up the Jesus!Fed-mode when he should be easily serving out a set at any occasion - which somehow, he doesn't seem to be capable of doing anymore nowadays.
This match should have ended 6-4, 6-3, why didn't it happen? ;)

Nidhogg
03-29-2010, 09:27 PM

I doubt Fed would have played this way against Nalbandian. Unlike Nadal, he has the ability to glide past opponents without trying or even breaking a sweat, right? ;)

I'm sure Rafito was in awe of Roger from the stands for his amazing abilities. :hug:

DrJules
03-29-2010, 09:27 PM

Nalby is not fit enough at the moment.

elessar
03-29-2010, 09:28 PM
:haha: No way in hell. Not even a set or close to a tiebreak. Gotta laugh at post like "how good Serra was...".
I don't think you've watched this match, Serra's play on BPs was out of this world. He hit return winners after return winners off of, possibly, the best serve in men's tennis.

Nalbandian on the other hand seems to think hitting every FH in the bottom of the net on BPs was the best way to win a match.

marcRD
03-29-2010, 09:30 PM

That is really a stupid observation, I think what is certain is that you know very little about tennis.

Just go back kissing Nadal's posters on your wall.

Voo de Mar
03-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Yes he CAN. If he keeps up the Jesus!Fed-mode when he should be easily serving out a set at any occasion - which somehow, he doesn't seem to be capable of doing anymore nowadays.
This match should have ended 6-4, 6-3, why didn't it happen? ;)

In years 2006-2007 when Federer had his best streak in career, he had for example 7-6 7-6 against Troicki who was nobody then :shrug: It's tough to keep the concentration against a player whom you're going to beat 7-6 7-6 anyway. Everything has some probability, of course Serra would've played 4 points out of his skin in a tie-break (very little probability) but it's not the problem for Federer who've won more matches than any other active player after dropping 2nd set in a tie-break.

elessar
03-29-2010, 09:32 PM
He also had 4-6 7-5 7-6 against Suzuki who was ranked outside of the top 200 in the same tourney (Tokyo), right in the middle of his monstruous streak, sign of a true great :sport:

Voo de Mar
03-29-2010, 09:36 PM
He also had 4-6 7-5 7-6 against Suzuki who was ranked outside of the top 200 in the same tourney (Tokyo), right in the middle of his monstruous streak, sign of a true great :sport:

Maybe he wanted to deliver some joy for the Asian fans playing "tight" battle against the local matador ;)

ApproachShot
03-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Voo de Mar - just wondering, are you updating your tie-break thread any more?

Sunset of Age
03-29-2010, 09:42 PM
In years 2006-2007 when Federer had his best streak in career, he had for example 7-6 7-6 against Troicki who was nobody then :shrug: It's tough to keep the concentration against a player whom you're going to beat 7-6 7-6 anyway. Everything has some probability, of course Serra would've played 4 points out of his skin in a tie-break (very little probability) but it's not the problem for Federer who've won more matches than any other active player after dropping 2nd set in a tie-break.

I like your way of thinking, Voo. Very positive. :)
I've just seen Feds brainfarting in a winning situation a mite too often lately for comfort.

Voo de Mar
03-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Voo de Mar - just wondering, are you updating your tie-break thread any more?

I updated it even today (tie-breaks in doubles matches in the 80s).

KarlyM
03-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Federer looked like he was sleepwalking at times. :lol: This wasn't very good. These lapses are a little concerning, but at least he got his sh!t together for the TB's.

Serra did a good job fighting back in the 2nd set. :)

Weird match. Fed obviously doesn't give a crap whether he wins or loses, while Serra acts like it's Wimbledon. And still Fed wins. :unsure: :lol:

Shouldn't the title read "Federer destroys Serra 7-6 7-6"? More like "Federer destroys Serra in the TB's 7-6(2) 7-6(3)." :lol:

l_mac
03-29-2010, 09:47 PM
That is really a stupid observation, I think what is certain is that you know very little about tennis.

Just go back kissing Nadal's posters on your wall.

Reported. Personal attack.

Vida
03-29-2010, 09:53 PM
lmac I thought youd never take that as a personal attack.

Voo de Mar
03-29-2010, 09:55 PM
I like your way of thinking, Voo.

Yipee2009
03-29-2010, 09:55 PM
So anyone knows the Tie-break stats of Federer after this match ?

elessar
03-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Yes, he's won both.

tangerine_dream
03-29-2010, 09:59 PM
I find it weird in a giddy way that both Roger and Rafa have been scouting each other out this week.

dombrfc
03-29-2010, 10:01 PM
So anyone knows the Tie-break stats of Federer after this match ?

4-2 for this year..

Allez
03-29-2010, 10:02 PM
A horrific display from Rogi. There's no way he's winning this. No way.

marcRD
03-29-2010, 10:03 PM
I find it weird in a giddy way that both Roger and Rafa have been scouting each other out this week.

Yeah, I think the odds are better than they have ever been for a Fed-Nadal final and it will be really fun to watch because this is the most neutral ground they could face each other (together with Australian open). In the final I think it will be 50/50.

Sunset of Age
03-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I think the odds are better than they have ever been for a Fed-Nadal final and it will be really fun to watch because this is the most neutral ground they could face each other (together with Australian open).

I can easily see both of them bolt out the next round, but it might just be me! :o

marcRD
03-29-2010, 10:05 PM
4-2 for this year..

That is the same as his career, I think he has almost precisely won 2 out of 3 tiebreaks throughtout his career.

marcRD
03-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Reported. Personal attack.

I am sorry, I went too far there. Sometimes on the internet you speak a language you wouldnt use in real life and I certanly wouldnt say stuff like that to a lady so please forgive me.

l_mac
03-29-2010, 10:30 PM
I am sorry, I went too far there. Sometimes on the internet you speak a language you wouldnt use in real life and I certanly wouldnt say stuff like that to a lady so please forgive me.

Baghdatis72
03-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Federer was unstable today but managed to win in straight sets. It was enough today but if he meets Cilic he will have problems if he plays like this.

-Valhalla-
03-29-2010, 11:45 PM
There were some vintage “Federer Funhouse” shots during this match - good stuff. [Perhaps he was trying to impress Kim Kardashian? :lick:]

Sjengster
03-30-2010, 12:04 AM

MTF: An Unsuitable Job for a Woman.

Diprosalic
03-30-2010, 12:19 AM

Mary Joe Fernandez
Rafa Nadal
John Isner
Arnaud Clement
Sam Querrey
Caroline Wozniacki

Anyone else?

can you explain that?

paseo
03-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Poor Fed, even though he won in straight sets, it's still wasn't enough for his fans. You all gotta remember that even in his peak years, he played bad matches too.

heya
03-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Hold on, folks. Cross your fingers for the sportsman of the year's tears. The trophy will come to him.

Geo
03-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Federer really shouldn't have had so much trouble against Serra :tape: :o :help:

dylan24
03-30-2010, 01:27 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/gallery#photoViewer=urn%3Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2C getty%3A20050301%3Aten%2Cphoto%2C8413249c7195652ce b664478e2546b41-getty-93198348mh018_sony_ericsson%3A1

nadal laughing at fedmug and thinking how easily he will beat roger in final if they meet

Federerhingis
03-30-2010, 01:41 AM

That's the trick isn't it with those two talented lanky lads, huh? :lol: :tape: However, at least Berdych has beaten Roger at an important venue before barring Fed was not playing that great and he never does on the early rounds of most tournies. Soderling's exho win does not really count, so he does not know what its like to beat Roger yet, even-though he's had his chances in the past.

HarryMan
03-30-2010, 06:14 AM
So who will help Federer by taking him out of his misery? Berdych next. :D

bokehlicious
03-30-2010, 06:27 AM
Nice demolition Roger :yeah:

Forehander
03-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Shankerer

Machiavelli
03-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Horror show

wackykid
03-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Love the humour:lol::lol::lol:

When he was good he was good when he was bad he was bad.

love your humour too -- who is bad when he is good... and good when he is bad...?? :lol: :lol:

regards,
wacky

tkr
03-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Did anyone notice the way Fed was playing out there? It seemed to me that he put a lot of spin with high net clearance, i.e. moonballing like in a clay match...? And he didn't use his slice, which by the way worked excellent, a lot. Was this Fed in clay mode?

wackykid
03-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Why do folks keep on claiming he's invincible, while he's just a human player after all? :shrug:

or maybe he just doesn't wish or bother to stretch himself at useless masters and rather save up for the slams...? ;)

regards,
wacky

habibko
03-30-2010, 10:23 AM
7eVSIhGclQA

v19jiGf-axM

tennisfaNo.1
03-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Did anyone notice the way Fed was playing out there? It seemed to me that he put a lot of spin with high net clearance, i.e. moonballing like in a clay match...? And he didn't use his slice, which by the way worked excellent, a lot. Was this Fed in clay mode?

and did u notice that both players have 2 legs and 2 arms?:eek:

how should he played with such a big wind bows ( federer takes ball so early on the rise)? yesterday forecast
http://english.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?hourly=1&query=33149&yday=87&weekday=Monday

Baghdatis72
03-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Roger should buy a racket with a larger headsize to reduce the number of shanks he makes :p

Certinfy
03-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Please play like this today Roger! PLEASE!!!!

Sunset of Age
03-30-2010, 12:33 PM
That's the trick isn't it with those two talented lanky lads, huh? :lol: :tape: However, at least Berdych has beaten Roger at an important venue before barring Fed was not playing that great and he never does on the early rounds of most tournies. Soderling's exho win does not really count, so he does not know what its like to beat Roger yet, even-though he's had his chances in the past.

:) - well Berdych took the first two sets at AO 2009 from him, too. Too bad for him that it was best-of-five over there.

or maybe he just doesn't wish or bother to stretch himself at useless masters and rather save up for the slams...? ;)

regards,
wacky

:rolleyes: - yeah, of course. Fed never loses, he just 'doesn't care'.
Fed = Chuck Norris! :worship:

For your information: there is a very important record at stake for him, and NO, he's not going to take that record if he tanks everything up till RG.

Please play like this today Roger! PLEASE!!!!

tennisfaNo.1
03-30-2010, 12:40 PM
:)

Chuck Norris = FED is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.:worship::wavey:

bokehlicious
03-30-2010, 12:41 PM
:rolleyes: - yeah, of course. Fed never loses, he just 'doesn't care'.

When was the last time he lost early in a slam? :confused: you make it sound as if he's become an average player out there, though he manages to reach slams SF/F/W all the time, I think every average player would dream about that.

Sunset of Age
03-30-2010, 12:42 PM
When was the last time he lost early in a slam? :confused: you make it sound as if he's become an average player out there, though he manages to reach slams SF/F/W all the time, I think every average player would dream about that.

This isn't about his form in the GS, of course. I answered to a post from someone that claims he 'doesn't care anymore' in every tournament that is NOT a slam. Read the original post.

bokehlicious
03-30-2010, 12:47 PM
This isn't about his form in the GS, of course. I answered to a post from someone that claims he 'doesn't care anymore' in every tournament that is NOT a slam. Read the original post.

What matters to him at that point in his career is to remain in form for the slams. Of course he cares about MS's but surely not as much as slams. Who can blame him for that? You'd like to see him giving his all in smaller tournies and get burnt when the slams come around. No fan would like to see that.

Doomach777
03-30-2010, 12:49 PM
There is only one Chuck norris.

MrChopin
03-30-2010, 02:12 PM
7eVSIhGclQA

I'm tired of seeing these highlights from anyone, but particularly Fed. Every highlight is some series of scrambling defense ended by a last-minute, on the ropes passing shot. Serra played that point better and completely outhit moonballing Fed. Yet since the courts are now slow as ass and the balls are super-bounce, Fed just scrambled until he could take advantage of the court dimensions.

Tennis courts now need to be made less wide. I think it was JimmyV that suggested a second net 1m above the first to prevent moonballing. This would also go a long way.

And then we get salt in the wounds when that stupid, high-pitched rat screams "Brilliant stuff!" like an utter moron.

Certinfy
03-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Tennis courts now need to be made less wide. I think it was JimmyV that suggested a second net 1m above the first to prevent moonballing. This would also go a long way.WTF? This would cause much more moonballing :rolleyes:

stebs
03-30-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm tired of seeing these highlights from anyone, but particularly Fed. Every highlight is some series of scrambling defense ended by a last-minute, on the ropes passing shot. Serra played that point better and completely outhit moonballing Fed. Yet since the courts are now slow as ass and the balls are super-bounce, Fed just scrambled until he could take advantage of the court dimensions.

Tennis courts now need to be made less wide. I think it was JimmyV that suggested a second net 1m above the first to prevent moonballing. This would also go a long way.

And then we get salt in the wounds when that stupid, high-pitched rat screams "Brilliant stuff!" like an utter moron.

:confused: Fed shanked the first FH, giving Serra a good opportunity to attack and from then on Serra was pounding the ball. What did you expect or hope for? Either that Federer tries to hit aggressive shots against those FH's of Serra? :lol: If that's the case you overestimate even Roger's ability. Otherwise what else, perhaps that Federer just accepts that he lost the point and doesn't try to win just because Serra hit a big shot? If he had that attitude on the whole he probably wouldn't be a professional sportsman.

federersforehand
03-30-2010, 02:49 PM
i personally believe federers 'double slice backhand combo' point was far superior; it was so good it made me laugh; slices it super low to bring serra to the net, gets a return to the backhand; and just eases it at the PERFECT angle cross court for a clean winner; it was unreal how well constructed that point was; noone else in history could have done that play, if youve seen it you know which one im on about

paseo
03-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Either that Federer tries to hit aggressive shots against those FH's of Serra? :lol: If that's the case you overestimate even Roger's ability...

If Fed attacked the 1st FH from Serra, it would be a very low percentage shot. And if he tried to attack the 2nd one (the approach shot), then the ball would be more likely to land on the umpire face than on the court.

stebs
03-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Also funny how many people in this thread say Federer cannot win this tournament based on this result. It's not new to see Federer play poorly and with little concentration in any tournament. Remember how poor he was vs Andreev as recently as the AO and how that ended up. Hard to believe some of these fans really have supported Federer and not picked up on the fact that his form during a tournament has a relatively high rate of fluctuation.