Time since the Tennis TV Producer played tennis? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Time since the Tennis TV Producer played tennis?

Mungo
03-29-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm sick of watching that "Time since last point" BS on my screen! It is sooo biased!

Has the Tennis TV Producer or whoever he is even played or watched tennis before? I was watching Nadal-Nalbandian yesterday. Ok Nadal takes a few extra seconds that don't really bother me, neither to his opponents, but that silly "Time since last point" thing made him look worse!

Nadal sprinted to the net to reach a drop shot from Nalbandian, so of course it's going to take him a little bit to start next point! Producer just counted time as if it is the ordinary time Nadal takes between points!

Another one. Crowd were yelling before a big point so Nadal had to wait a little bit to serve. Producer displayed time since last point like it was Nadal's fault!

That guy needs to learn about tennis first and stop with that stupid and biased "Time since last point" BS!!!

Certinfy
03-29-2010, 03:37 PM
No! I like it!

jonathancrane
03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm sick of watching that "Time since last point" BS on my screen! It is sooo biased!

Has the Tennis TV Producer or whoever he is even played or watched tennis before? I was watching Nadal-Nalbandian yesterday. Ok Nadal takes a few extra seconds that don't really bother me, neither to his opponents, but that silly "Time since last point" thing made him look worse!

Nadal sprinted to the net to reach a drop shot from Nalbandian, so of course it's going to take him a little bit to start next point! Producer just counted time as if it is the ordinary time Nadal takes between points!

Another one. Crowd were yelling before a big point so Nadal had to wait a little bit to serve. Producer displayed time since last point like it was Nadal's fault!

That guy needs to learn about tennis first and stop with that stupid and biased "Time since last point" BS!!!

:haha:

MacTheKnife
03-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Some people seem to be obsessed with speeding up the game. I'm not one of them. If they want fast shit, go follow the xgames.

Certinfy
03-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Some people seem to be obsessed with speeding up the game. I'm not one of them. If they want fast shit, go follow the xgames.Tennis at the X-Games? Great idea actually :yeah:

Mungo
03-29-2010, 03:57 PM
:haha:

Get a Time Force and you will know better :)

solowyn
03-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Lol, biased. The timer got up to 40 seconds quite a few times in Rafa's last match. 55 seconds for Lapentti in R2 too. Ridic.

TheWall
03-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Lol, biased. The timer got up to 40 seconds quite a few times in Rafa's last match. 55 seconds for Lapentti in R2 too. Ridic.

Hilarious considering that Federer had a 52 second service game in the same match :lol:

Mungo
03-29-2010, 04:04 PM

As I said on my first post those were not ordinary points! Circumstances made Nadal take a little bit of time!
Why do they never show it after ordinary points when Nadal serves in time??? It is biased and ridiculous!

Mungo
03-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Hilarious considering that Federer had a 52 second service game in the same match :lol:

Yeah sometimes Federer is as funny to watch as Karlovic :haha:

TheWall
03-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah sometimes Federer is as funny to watch as Karlovic :haha:

Better to play boring once in a while than having a overall dull game :p

martinatreue
03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
As I said on my first post those were not ordinary points! Circumstances made Nadal take a little bit of time!
Why do they never show it after ordinary points when Nadal serves in time??? It is biased and ridiculous!

Nalbandian was playing the same tough rallies and did not resort to 40 second pauses!:p

MalwareDie
03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Ok Nadal takes a few extra seconds

:smash:

MalwareDie
03-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Nalbandian was playing the same tough rallies and did not resort to 40 second pauses!:p

He even reached 50.

LinkMage
03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Everybody knows Nadull is a cheater. Nothing new here. :shrug:

Everko
03-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Everybody knows Nadull is a cheater. Nothing new here. :shrug:

can I refer you to a local mental hospital?

MrChopin
03-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Thought this was going to be about how long its been since a major tennis voice played professionally, which would be interesting. You know...

Mary Jo Fernandez: 2000
John McEnroe: 1992
Bud Collins: before The Great War
Simon Reed: never

Instead, it's another tired thread on Nadal wasting time. Sure, we all know he does it and ATP lets him get away with it. Moving on.

MalwareDie
03-29-2010, 04:44 PM
can I refer you to a local mental hospital?

:baby::lol:

Jomp1
03-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Some people seem to be obsessed with speeding up the game. I'm not one of them. If they want fast shit, go follow the xgames.

I disagree completely. I think it's perfect that the producer enlightens the audience about this crap. The rule says 25 seconds, no? I mean after some amazing balls it's all good because the crowd is pumped and the players tired, but on routine balls.. no. There are breaks for a reason.

Querrey-Isner in IW was great, none of the players wanted to slow the game down with on court antics. Maybe a little extreme example but who wanna see players go for the towel and bounce the ball a hundred times "just because" between every single ball?

oranges
03-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Another one of TT nutjob trolls migrated here?