Miami R3 Ferrero def. Isner 6-2 3-6 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R3 Ferrero def. Isner 6-2 3-6 6-3

Midnight Ninja
03-29-2010, 01:13 AM
Good play by Juanquai. Was hoping for an Isner win however.

Sunset of Age
03-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Juanqui!!! :bounce: :yeah: :hatoff:
Good job again, old geezer.

Cost me 8K vCash but who cares.

Voo de Mar
03-29-2010, 01:16 AM
For the first time I've seen Ferrero with a beard.

ApproachShot
03-29-2010, 01:17 AM
Isner will be disappointed with his catalogue of errors in the final set. The win will no doubt give Ferrero some confidence before facing Tsonga or Kohlschreiber in the next round.

jonas
03-29-2010, 01:17 AM
Isner's body language makes me vomit.

simplet
03-29-2010, 01:19 AM
Well played Ferrerro! Love you man.

signed : Your biggest fan, Jo Willie:inlove:

Midnight Ninja
03-29-2010, 01:20 AM
I think one good outcome of all these tournaments is showing out the young guns. People can finally shut up about how horrible the last era was, when its all the older players playing relatively decent.

TMJordan
03-29-2010, 01:21 AM
Just F off already Ferrero you old preyeck

Jimnik
03-29-2010, 01:22 AM
Vamos Juanqui! :bounce:

So difficult to get a rhythm against opponents like these but kept his focus to pull through.

Bit of an anti-climax in the end with those Isner errors. Looked like Big John was hoping for a choke, playing so defensively last few points. Never gonna happen against in-form Juanquita.

oranges
03-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Well played Ferrerro! Love you man.

signed : Your biggest fan, Jo Willie:inlove:

:lol: I'm glad JCF won for more than one reason

Sunset of Age
03-29-2010, 01:29 AM

He looks gorgeous with that beard. :hearts: :drool:

sorry for fangirl-mode. :o

Voo de Mar
03-29-2010, 01:37 AM

FLopez' style, with precisely shaven neck ;)

Sunset of Age
03-29-2010, 01:39 AM
FLopez' style, with precisely shaven neck ;)

:spit: :lol:
FLopez never did it for me (:scared:), with our without beard.
Juanqui, however, is a clear case of 'old love never dies'. *melts* *melts again* :hearts: :D

*bunny*
03-29-2010, 01:42 AM
:yippee: :yippee: :yippee
A big win against a younger, in-form player! :yeah:
Isner made a terrible start, but Juan Carlos had a very good read on Isner's serve from the beginning, which might have been an added pressure on the big American. JC was more solid and creative from the baseline as well, although Isner got better and better in rallies from the second set.

Then you haven't seen many of his matches lately (although he tended to shave after practice until quite recently.)!

Yes he looks gorgeous! :hearts:

Chris Waddle
03-29-2010, 01:43 AM
Ferrero is class, unlike his countrymen Almugro and Ferrer. Vamos Juan Carlos!

Voo de Mar
03-29-2010, 01:51 AM
Then you haven't seen many of his matches lately (although he tended to shave after practice until quite recently.)!

I saw a few matches this year of him but had only goatee and mustache, today showed full trimmed beard, show me a pic from other tournaments with it.

*bunny*
03-29-2010, 01:57 AM
I saw a few matches this year of him but had only goatee and mustache, today showed full trimmed beard, show me a pic from other tournaments with it.
OK, maybe this full trimmed beard he's wearing in matches for the first time this tournament. But he already had it in the second round. (Saw pics) :)

Voo de Mar
03-29-2010, 02:13 AM
OK, maybe this full trimmed beard he's wearing in matches for the first time this tournament. But he already had it in the second round. (Saw pics) :)

I didn't see his 2nd round match, how I could? - only 4 games :o :p

Arkulari
03-29-2010, 02:17 AM
Pics was there watching his pal play :D

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02QPctX9LpegY/x610.jpg

NOM NOM NOM, Juanqui looks soo good :hearts:

Pirata.
03-29-2010, 02:22 AM
David and Juan Carlos are second only to Lopez & Verdasco in terms of their lovely close friendship.

Vamos Boss, what a great win for him.

Jimnik
03-29-2010, 02:26 AM
Pics was there watching his pal play :D

They would love to play each other again in the QF.

Ferru has a great record in Miami and has beaten Rafa on hard courts before. But JCF struggles here more than anywhere else so probably won't happen.

Arkulari
03-29-2010, 02:31 AM
the clay matches were awesome, too bad there are too many good spaniards in the same side of the draw :(

kindling
03-29-2010, 03:17 AM
disappointing result. this tournament is getting strange. hardly worth watching anymore.

MacTheKnife
03-29-2010, 03:46 AM
The big man already seems to be wearing down and it's only march. He's played a lot more tennis than he's used to and it's showing. Good stuff from JCF though. Not THAT big a surprise..

-Valhalla-
03-29-2010, 04:10 AM
The big man already seems to be wearing down and it's only march. He's played a lot more tennis than he's used to and it's showing.

Yeah, he's definitely fatigued.

Early rd. exits on clay should give him plenty of rest.

Arkulari
03-29-2010, 05:08 AM
Juanqui :drool:

Beat
03-29-2010, 08:50 AM
i'm slightly surprised - well done, JCF! :)

Selby
03-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Take a rest Isner, and enough with the doubles...

ossie
03-29-2010, 09:59 AM
isner and all the other all serve clowns cant play tennis for shit. good for tennis this result

propi
03-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Good to see Juanqui in some form :bounce:

VolandriFan
03-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Bearded Juanqui fights on :hearts:

Certinfy
03-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Isner u fucking mug :mad:

Just kidding, but u should have gone further :bigcry: hug:

Ad Wim
03-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Expected result. A guy like Ferrero makes Isner look like a challenger player, hitting balls low in the net and metres out.

Hewitt =Legend
03-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Isner already tiring slightly.

Gotta laugh at all those threads a few weeks back when everyone was convinced he would crack the top 10 this year. Gonna be extremely touch over the clay season now and then he's got a bit to defend during the American hardcourt swing again. Every player has a certain period where they play close to the peak of their abilities and i'm afraid big John has just finished his for the time being. Will do well to stay in the top 30 by the end of the year.

Certinfy
03-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Isner already tiring slightly.

Gotta laugh at all those threads a few weeks back when everyone was convinced he would crack the top 10 this year. Gonna be extremely touch over the clay season now and then he's got a bit to defend during the American hardcourt swing again. Every player has a certain period where they play close to the peak of their abilities and i'm afraid big John has just finished his for the time being. Will do well to stay in the top 30 by the end of the year.He's still in a good position for it, as long as he can have a somewhat decent clay court season, I feel he'll defend his points going up to the USO, and then after that perhaps gain more points in the last few months of the year.

Hewitt =Legend
03-29-2010, 01:24 PM
He has 2 semis to defend in Indianapolis and Washington and then his 4th round showing at the US Open. He may still do well in a couple of the MM American tournaments but it just takes one off serving day for him and he's beaten by any decent player. Same story at the US over 5 sets, a lot of players can beat him if he's not 100% switched on mentally and with the serve. That form is hard to sustain over a year.

I agree that he has a chance to pick up some points during the Asian and indoor swings but it won't be enough to see him into the top 10.

robinpirate
03-29-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm really off the tune, but since when does Juancar have a tattoo??

By the way, with the beard he's so sexxxxxy:drool::drool::kiss: Kinda reminds me of a jake gyllenhaal and mature clooney. Is he still going out with that girl, Patricia?

Aaric
03-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Keep going :bounce:

kindling
03-29-2010, 02:36 PM
So strange, when Isner's cleaning up the so called real "tennis players," everyone talks about how improved his game is and how he really can move. He blows one match and he's a clown again. Give me a break!

Selby
03-29-2010, 03:06 PM
So strange, when Isner's cleaning up the so called real "tennis players," everyone talks about how improved his game is and how he really can move. He blows one match and he's a clown again. Give me a break!

Yeah I agree but he kind of took a step backwards in IW and especially in Miami in terms of his movement and his ground play, I think it's just because he's fatigued.