Who has the best serve among the current active players? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who has the best serve among the current active players?

Mario Sharapov
03-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Who has the best serve among the current active players?

paseo
03-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Easy. Ivo Karlovic.

n8
03-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Ivo Karlovic with Roddick second.

kengyin
03-28-2010, 09:14 AM
why isnt federer on the list???? im not voting on this pathetic poll!

Doomach777
03-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Cilic on list :arg: hahha
But, nvm... Karlovic has best serve, but Ljubo's serve is really close. He has big serves when he needs them! As an example, he hit in dubai 224 km/h, same speed in IW more times.
So, Ljubo and Karlovic.

paseo
03-28-2010, 09:18 AM

:lol:

But yeah Fed's serve is surely better than all of the guys in the poll, except for Karlovic, Isner and Roddick.

Mario Sharapov
03-28-2010, 09:18 AM

I based my options to the aces, 1st points won and service games won statistics (http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/MatchFacts.aspx) and Federer isn't in the top 7 of any of them. There's an option called "others" fyi.

Dini
03-28-2010, 09:21 AM
When did Fed retire? :p

Anyway, In my opinion it's Roddick. He doesn't have the height advantage of Karlovic or Isner yet he's perfected his serve. First serve is very fast with good disguise and his second serve is probably the best on tour now too.

Arkulari
03-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Karlovic, Isner, Roddick and Federer

analysist
03-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Karlovic, no one 's close to him. With this one-shot only, he won approximately 92% of his serving game:worship: Just wonder is there any player who plays more tiebreak than him?:confused:

Another RogFan
03-28-2010, 09:46 AM
I based my options to the aces, 1st points won and service games won statistics (http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/MatchFacts.aspx) and Federer isn't in the top 7 of any of them. There's an option called "others" fyi.

Term "Serve" also includes the second one. Which means that generally only Karlovich is better than Federer.
btw it doesn't look serious to vote for Federer by using "others" option.

thedesertsun
03-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Are you serious? How someone can vote for Karlovic? I mean, Roddick has the best serve by far.. the basis for a good serve is the power out of the legs (German word: 'Schnellkraft' :confused:), body-stretching and a fast arm... I mean Karlovic is just... big :lol:

tea
03-28-2010, 10:16 AM
What a fail, this tread is.:lol:

Fedmug, with serve as the only working shot, outplayed Duck in that Wimb final.

Serve alone saved him a great amount of important matches, the amount Duck, dr. Ivo and all the other mugs from the poll could only dream of.

Karlovic's serve not suits to the term best. Others could not be taken into consideration.

:singer: ...and the winner iiiiiiiis....... Roger Federer.:worship:

kindablue
03-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Ljuba!!!

DJ Soup
03-28-2010, 10:28 AM
What a fail, this tread is.:lol:

Fedmug, with serve as the only working shot, outplayed Duck in that Wimb final.

Serve alone saved him a great amount of important matches, the amount Duck, dr. Ivo and all the other mugs from the poll could only dream of.

Karlovic's serve not suits to the term best. Others could not be taken into consideration.

:singer: ...and the winner iiiiiiiis....... Roger Federer.:worship:

you are so pro fed it hurts

Certinfy
03-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Karlovic, Isner second, Roddick third.

Funny thing is, I think Roddick is the smallest player out of all the players in the poll :shrug:

nanoman
03-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Karlovic has the best serve in the history of the sport. There shouldn't even be a discussion.

Another RogFan
03-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Roddick’s serve is good but how to vote for someone outaced when it’s mattered. It supposed to be his main weapon to lean on. Otherwise on paper there is many huge serves but when you have to bring it on court … sorry Federer’s name comes first;)

dombrfc
03-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Ivo.

Should only be 4 options.

Dougie
03-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Karlovic has the best serve in the history of the sport. There shouldn't even be a discussion.

Itīs far from best. Itīs not just about who serves hardest, itīs about what you can do with the serve and how it serves your game. Sure, the speed of the serve is important, but itīs not all.

Federer has, in my opinion, the best serve of the current era. He can blast it hard, he can set up the point with it, he can come to the net behind it, and he always finds his best serves when it matters. Even when he doesnīt have his best rhythm, he can make it work.

Roddick also has a good serve, but it seems to me that itīs relatively easy to read, and once his opponents figure it out, it loses a lot of itīs effectiveness.

Ivo#1Fan
03-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Itīs far from best. Itīs not just about who serves hardest, itīs about what you can do with the serve and how it serves your game. Sure, the speed of the serve is important, but itīs not all.

Karlovic's serve isn't just about speed!? He's not the fastest server out there, he's just the best. It's so much about placement (his slice wide to either side is insane) and obviously that crazy trajectory from coming from so high up. You have to admit it serves his game very well since he's holding serve at the highest rate on tour and he has for years.

And in response to some of the other posts here:
Sure he's 6'10" so he's got advantages others don't have, but you can't take that away when the question is "who has the best serve", it's not "who has the best serve if they were all the same height." If they were all 6'1" I'm sure Roger and Roddick would have the better serve, but fortunately they're not.

Forehander
03-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Technically Roddick is the best. Most effective by far far far it's Karlovic's

paseo
03-28-2010, 03:09 PM

Federer has, in my opinion, the best serve of the current era. He can blast it hard, he can set up the point with it, he can come to the net behind it, and he always finds his best serves when it matters. Even when he doesnīt have his best rhythm, he can make it work.

Roddick also has a good serve, but it seems to me that itīs relatively easy to read, and once his opponents figure it out, it loses a lot of itīs effectiveness.

Karlovic doesn't own the hardest/fastest serve, Roddick does.

Look, Fed's serve is great. But, because of his height, Karlovic has the best serve in maybe, ever. Finding a good serve when it matters, has nothing to do with the serve itself, it has all to do with the mentality of the player. Obviously, Fed is a far and away better player than Karlovic. Fed is not only finding great serves when it matters, he also find great forehands, great backhands, great volleys, etc. But, if we're talking about the serve exclusively, Karlovic is gotta be the best. Hands down.

vn01
03-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Del Potro and Federer

Ariadne
03-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Joke poll with no Federer option, who without doubt has THE MOST versatile serve on tour.

Ububub
03-28-2010, 04:20 PM
"Best Serve" is a phrase with many meanings. Ivo Karlovic has the top 3 records for number of aces in a match, but he lost all three of those matches. He may hit the hardest, but his serve in no way helps him win, so how can it be "Best?" They always said that Sampras had the best serve in the business, but more importantly, he had the best second serve. Using that criterion, I'd say Federer.

RIboy
03-28-2010, 04:32 PM
loooooooooooooooooool, Cilic :haha:

SaFed2005
03-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Ivo Karlovic of course!

But is there a reason why Federer is not on the list? Isn't a player only as good as their second serves? Sure a lot of the guys above can hit harder than Federer does but in terms of placement, Federer is above most of them.

stebs
03-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Karlovic and no other current player is remotely close. Karlovic has comfortably the best first serve in the history of the sport and the statistics tell this. He can play a match without winning a single rally and win it 7-6 7-6. Of course, he can also lose it 7-6 7-6 but that's the problem with the rest of his game. The serve itself is immense. If Karlovic had an average top 50 players groundies and a .600 record in TB's he would be challenging for slams regularly. Of course, he has neither of thos things and that's why he isn't a great player. Serve on its own though, he is head and shoulders above the rest.

Bilbo
03-28-2010, 04:56 PM
roddick a better serve than isner? funny stuff.

Ibracadabra
03-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Based on pure aces, ivos, based on consistency and reliability it has to be andys.

marcRD
03-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Karlovic has the best 1st serve.

Roddick and Federer have the best 2nd serves.

Overall it must still be Karlovic.

malisha
03-28-2010, 05:25 PM
1.Ivo Karlovic
2.Ivo Karlovic
3.Ivo Karlovic
4.Ivo Karlovic
5.Ivo Karlovic

this five guys have the best serve

you can as well close the thread

Hellraiser
03-28-2010, 05:44 PM
No doubt Dr. Ivo.

Persimmon
03-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Karlovic. Of course.

Sonja1989
03-28-2010, 05:51 PM
1. Isner
2. Karlovic
3. Roddick

rhinooooo
03-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Where is Volandri on this poll?

Selby
03-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Isner by a country mile

nanoman
03-28-2010, 07:44 PM

Like others, Karlovic's serve is far from being all about speed. With his height, he can place his serve with pace no one in the history of the sport could.
And it is serving his game well. His game is totally useless. With his serve he manages to reach the top20.

Furthermore, Federer serve's clutchness is entirely overrated. Yes, there are matches where his serve really saved him. There also matches where he miss nearly all his 1st serves during tiebreaks. But since he wins the point or the match anyway most the time, people tends to forget that.

Where was his serve at the AO-09, USO-09 to name a few matches ? Where was his serve when he was 5*-2 up at tiebreak vs Safin at AO-05?

crude oil
03-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Like others, Karlovic's serve is far from being all about speed. With his height, he can place his serve with pace no one in the history of the sport could.
And it is serving his game well. His game is totally useless. With his serve he manages to reach the top20.

Furthermore, Federer serve's clutchness is entirely overrated. Yes, there are matches where his serve really saved him. There also matches where he miss nearly all his 1st serves during tiebreaks. But since he wins the point or the match anyway most the time, people tends to forget that.

Where was his serve at the AO-09, USO-09 to name a few matches ? Where was his serve when he was 5*-2 up at tiebreak vs Safin at AO-05?

i understand your sentiment and agree with you. Karlovic is the best.

But federer does have a clutch serve - it is certainly more clutch than most players on tour and rivals many great players in history.

There are many more instances of federer's serve saving him than deserting him - they far outnumber the few times that federer did not save the match with his serve.

I watched sampras throughout his career, and he is widely regarded as having the most clutch serve in history yet there are innumerable examples where his serve failed him. The point is that those examples are far outnumbered by the matches in which his serve did save him. The same can be said of federer.

nanoman
03-28-2010, 09:48 PM
i understand your sentiment and agree with you. Karlovic is the best.

But federer does have a clutch serve - it is certainly more clutch than most players on tour and rivals many great players in history.

There are many more instances of federer's serve saving him than deserting him - they far outnumber the few times that federer did not save the match with his serve.

I watched sampras throughout his career, and he is widely regarded as having the most clutch serve in history yet there are innumerable examples where his serve failed him. The point is that those examples are far outnumbered by the matches in which his serve did save him. The same can be said of federer.

Agree with Sampras. Over the years his clutchness as well as his second serve have been insanely glorified.
But then, I don't have numbers to back me up. If only there are stats available of the % 1st serves during breakpoints and set/matchpoints. My gut feeling is that it won't deviate much from the overall %1st serve during the match.

Forehander
03-29-2010, 02:21 PM
lol Sampras's serve is becoming somewhat of a magical myth as years go by. It's equivalent to a thunderbolt of Zeus. It's unreturnable.

Ivo#1Fan
03-29-2010, 02:58 PM
For Pete's generation it was excellent. For this generation it would be very good, about equal to Benjamin Becker's.

oranges
03-29-2010, 03:03 PM
For Pete's generation it was excellent. For this generation it would be very good, about equal to Benjamin Becker's.

:spit: Lucky for him it's not Volandri

ReturnWinner
03-29-2010, 03:05 PM
1-Karlovic
2-Isner
3-Roddick
4-Ljubicic
5-Federer/Soderling/Tsonga

marcRD
03-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Karlovic wins 90% of his 1st serves without even having a game to back it up, there is no discussion about which serve is the best on the tour.

stebs
03-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Sampras second serve = one of the biggest myths of tennis history. His second serve numbers were not special for a player as good as he was. Public opinion has been swayed massively by two factors. Firstly, time, this has a tendancy to distort the truth. Secondly, Agassi being one of the most vulnerable big serve returners of all time. So many players posted there best ever service numbers vs Agassi because he always stood too close to the baseline + didn't have good reach. Sampras exploited this with gutsy second serves in big matches a handful of times and this has resulted with his second serve being lauded as some kind of deistic feature of his game.

Sure, the man had a great second serve but it was not special as it is made out to be. Or, if one tries to argue that it is, they have to contend with statistics which placed Sampras second serve stats in an average position. Only way to justify the stats and Sampras having an incredible second serve is that he was very average off the ground (I actually think he was pretty good for much of his career) when he rallied and lost a lot of points at net. Whilst it is a combination of factors rather than absolute truth one way or the other, the second serve element has been overhyped and rose tinted through time like nothing else.

On a modern note, we can already see similar thins happening with Federer's monster stretch between 2004-2007. In that time he spanked a lot of players and in very impressive fashion. However, there is already time warped views that he was winning almost every match without hitting a UE and that every other opponent would go home without more than one or two games. I guess it's just the nature of time distortion, sensationalisation and the correlations with both of those and professional sports. It is seen everywhere, not confined to tennis.

lazybear
03-29-2010, 04:17 PM
The problem is, there is no available stat on Sampras' second serve in clutch situations (being down 0-30, 15-40, 30-40, set point, etc.). I didn't (couldn't) watch a lot of his matches during the 90's, so i, for one have no idea how clutch his second serve was, and since there is no available data (is there?) i wanna ask the biggest Sampras homers. :) Was his second serve really that clutch?

brent-o
03-29-2010, 04:23 PM
It's a shame. I came in this thread to vote for Federer (and I'm far from a fan) only to find he's not on the poll!

Roddickominator
03-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Yea Sampras' 2nd serve was good, but is becoming more mythical in nature as time goes on. He did pull out some clutch 2nd serves in some big matches, and people tend to remember that type of thing. But overall, it was nothing amazing. His 1st serve is certainly one of the best ever though.

Karlovic has the best serve.

Isner and Roddick are 2A and 2B. Isner still kinda needs to prove it in a few more big matches....Andy's has been consistently great for a long time.

I think there is a significant dropoff after these 3.

Then i'd have to say Federer. Even though I think there are others with a better serve, Federer has proven it in big matches over the years so it's hard to argue.

I'd put Querrey at #5....I actually think his serve is better than Federer's when he gets hot, but he's just such a clown that he doesn't prove it in big matches. Ljubicic also falls into this category.

Then you can throw in guys like Soderling, Tsonga, Del Potro(though he has potential to move up), Gulbis, Dent, Cilic, Fish, and i'm sure plenty of others who can have monster serving days...but just aren't consistent with it.

MalwareDie
03-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Karlovic.

philosophicalarf
03-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Purely as an average, it has to be Karlovic. However, can you separate out his choking in tiebreaks? A big part of that is the first serve deserting him.

With regard to stat use, an interesting one is the difference between a player's normal serve performance (total service points won %), and their bp save %. Very, very few players have a higher latter than the former, the top100 averages about -2%, but those that are noted as "clutch servers" tend to get close to zero. This is useful because we often get false impressions from watching, as it's so memorable when players ace when facing a bp. However, what if that attempted big serve results in a low first serve %? Overall it may be counterproductive.

Anyway, Federer, Del Potro, Cilic are around -1%, as is Nadal, not so much cos of the serve but the baseline fight that comes after. Djokovic does especially well at nearly neutral, mainly cos he rarely misses the first serve on bp.

Karlovic on this measure is about -3% btw, not too hot. The worst of any "big server" is Sam Querrey though, at -8%, pretty awful. Sort that and he'll crack the top10, cos his serve numbers otherwise are in Karlovic land.

Roddick is actually not clutch at all on bps, at -6%. Main reason is the first serve% drops too much.

Isner is one of few positives at +0.7% (mainly cos of his absurdly good 2nd serve imo). Despite his wildly different height, Kohlschreiber actually does well for the same reason - under pressure his 2nd serve is excellent. Problem is his 1st serve isn't, so

One notable outlier is Gonzo, at +4% - that's his style though, often just rolling in the first serve then hammering it on bps.

ps yes I'm aware this approach his its limitations, but the outliers are interesting.

DualMedia
03-29-2010, 08:15 PM
1. ivo 2. andy roddick 3. Isner " in my opinion,

NYMIKE
03-30-2010, 04:24 AM
All this discussion about second serve, but objective is to hit high percentage first serve so you dont have to go to second serve.

Ichiban1920
03-30-2010, 04:38 AM
Anyone who votes for Fed is a retarded, blind Federer fanboy.

Ibracadabra
03-30-2010, 06:15 AM
Juan martin del porto, when he's hot

gusavo
03-30-2010, 06:16 AM
Isner is one of few positives at +0.7% (mainly cos of his absurdly good 2nd serve imo).
what has that got to do with it

All this discussion about second serve, but objective is to hit high percentage first serve so you dont have to go to second serve.
objective is to try and win the point as often as possible

Haelfix
03-30-2010, 07:35 AM
Karlovic, Roddick, Isner, Federer. In that order.

Isner's serve has a harder trajectory than Andy's, but Andy's is always consistently dominant whereas sometimes Isner's can dissappear for awhile.

Federer is up there b/c of the variety.

martinatreue
03-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Federer, Isner, Ljubicic, Karlovic, Roddick

Forehander
03-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Sampras second serve = one of the biggest myths of tennis history. His second serve numbers were not special for a player as good as he was. Public opinion has been swayed massively by two factors. Firstly, time, this has a tendancy to distort the truth. Secondly, Agassi being one of the most vulnerable big serve returners of all time. So many players posted there best ever service numbers vs Agassi because he always stood too close to the baseline + didn't have good reach. Sampras exploited this with gutsy second serves in big matches a handful of times and this has resulted with his second serve being lauded as some kind of deistic feature of his game.

Sure, the man had a great second serve but it was not special as it is made out to be. Or, if one tries to argue that it is, they have to contend with statistics which placed Sampras second serve stats in an average position. Only way to justify the stats and Sampras having an incredible second serve is that he was very average off the ground (I actually think he was pretty good for much of his career) when he rallied and lost a lot of points at net. Whilst it is a combination of factors rather than absolute truth one way or the other, the second serve element has been overhyped and rose tinted through time like nothing else.

On a modern note, we can already see similar thins happening with Federer's monster stretch between 2004-2007. In that time he spanked a lot of players and in very impressive fashion. However, there is already time warped views that he was winning almost every match without hitting a UE and that every other opponent would go home without more than one or two games. I guess it's just the nature of time distortion, sensationalisation and the correlations with both of those and professional sports. It is seen everywhere, not confined to tennis.

Where's SetSampras? Must be thinking of a way to counter this but can't.

Tenn1sAdd1ct
03-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Sure Karlovic has by far the biggest 1st serve ever but how often does he win big matches with it? Just a tiny choke in tiebreak and he has to rely on his embarassing 2nd serve -> game over.

I think Roddick has the best serve overall with very good variety and consistency. Ljubo is next with his experience and best 2nd serve on tour.

MacTheKnife
03-30-2010, 12:59 PM

Now that is some funny stuff right there. :lol:

Sure Karlovic has by far the biggest 1st serve ever but how often does he win big matches with it? Just a tiny choke in tiebreak and he has to rely on his embarassing 2nd serve -> game over.

I think Roddick has the best serve overall with very good variety and consistency. Ljubo is next with his experience and best 2nd serve on tour.

In a narrow view of first serve only, Dr Ivo. When all aspects of the serve are considered, Federer.

stebs
03-30-2010, 02:40 PM
In a narrow view of first serve only, Dr Ivo. When all aspects of the serve are considered, Federer.

Any basis for arguing this? Federer is clearly far superior in almost every aspect of the game other than serve and yet Karlovic has the superior service games won stat to Federer. I don't really see any way of justifying this truth without admitting that Karlovic serve is overall, far better than Federer's.

Dini
03-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Maybe MacTheKnife means that Federer brings the serve when it's needed most. Ivo, for example, completely flunks tiebreakers on a frequent basis - his aces disappear more often than not then. :confused:

No doubt about who has the bigger serve though. Ivo wins so many games in a flash.

Certinfy
03-30-2010, 02:47 PM
I think when all aspects of the serve are considered, then Roddick has the best serve by a huge margin...

NadalPhan
03-30-2010, 03:13 PM
The fact that so many people are saying Federer puzzles me. The question isn't who is the best player in the game folks. Karlovic clearly has the best serve....foloowed by Roddick. The fact that one of the very worst strokers in the game also holds the highest percentage of serve on tour should say it all.

oranges
03-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Is there any data confirming Ivo's serve is worse in TB than otherwise. I was always under the impression it's just the fact that one point won on return can be enough, unlike in return games played where he has more leeway missing the first serves

Certinfy
03-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Is there any data confirming Ivo's serve is worse in TB than otherwise. I was always under the impression it's just the fact that one point won on return can be enough, unlike in return games played where he has more leeway missing the first serves
Good point! You rarely see Ivo losing a TB 7-2 or so, which backs this up.

Jomp1
03-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Karlovic's 2nd serve is embarrasing because he is a poor player. The better player the better 2nd serve stats which explains why Federer ranks high in that regard.

1st serve stats and aces mean way more than 2nd serve stats when deciding who the better server is.

stebs
03-30-2010, 03:25 PM

Not actually confirming the serve is weaker but a while ago I found stats for active top 50 players TB records (all time). These confirmed Karlovic's weakness in TB's. In fact, I'm sure if you root around Voo's stats threads he will have this info. Karlovic has a record something around .450 if I remember. I agree though that perception can play a big role in peoples impression of these types of things and often they are false.

TheSwissMaster
03-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Who has the fastest serve?
Roddick, Karlovic, isner bla bla bla
Who has the best serve? or Who has the most effective serve?
Roger

Now thats the right way to question

coronateq
03-30-2010, 04:05 PM
soderling for sure

Ivo#1Fan
03-30-2010, 05:30 PM
The fact that so many people are saying Federer puzzles me. The question isn't who is the best player in the game folks. Karlovic clearly has the best serve....foloowed by Roddick. The fact that one of the very worst strokers in the game also holds the highest percentage of serve on tour should say it all.

That is a very intelligent way to look at this question. He is in fact correct on both counts.

DartMarcus
03-30-2010, 05:47 PM
1st serve - Karlovic
2nd serve - Isner
Overall - Roddick.

stebs
03-30-2010, 06:57 PM
1st serve - Karlovic
2nd serve - Isner
Overall - Roddick.

How overall Roddick? He and Karlovic are equal with 91% of service games held. Roddick's groundstrokes, movement and other variables are all ahead of Ivo. There is simply no grounds to argue against the Croat being the best server overall.

analysist
03-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Searching for a worse baseline player than Ivo as hard as seeking a better server than him

oz_boz
03-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Karlovic is the best server Open Era. Pete and even Goran had some game to back their serves with, Karlo doesn't, still he is as good at holding serve and that even during slower conditions. His inability to break or win TBs are just more proof that he is serve only.

HKz
03-31-2010, 01:33 AM
Karlovic, Roddick, Isner. Federer is in the top 10 for sure, but I can't really determine his place. He sometimes has really long periods where he can't get a first serve in..

n8
03-31-2010, 11:48 PM
This poll is on ATPWorldTour.com and there are five options and here are the results after 11,640 votes:

Karlovic 13%
Isner 2%
Federer 67%
Roddick 16%
Other 3%

MacTheKnife
03-31-2010, 11:54 PM
^^That's probably about right when one considers all aspects of the serve.

Black Adam
03-31-2010, 11:59 PM
What a bunch of sheep. Federer the best? My ass!

spanish_army
04-01-2010, 12:03 AM
lol Sampras's serve is becoming somewhat of a magical myth as years go by. It's equivalent to a thunderbolt of Zeus. It's unreturnable.

Your signature is a joke, isn't it??

Certinfy
04-01-2010, 12:08 AM
What a bunch of sheep. Federer the best? My ass!^^^ This ^^^

oranges
04-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Having a poll with Federer on ATP is like polls with Safin on MTF. They can ask who's the best black player, and he'll still win the poll convincingly ;)

TMJordan
04-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Karlovic obviously has a better serve than Federer. Bunch of retards.

Certinfy
04-01-2010, 12:28 AM
If Federer had a better serve than Karlovic he would hold 99% of his service games, and since he's so good in TB's, he would never lose a set, or at most a match :shrug:

BodyServe
04-01-2010, 11:49 AM
This poll is on ATPWorldTour.com and there are five options and here are the results after 11,640 votes:

Karlovic 13%
Isner 2%
Federer 67%
Roddick 16%
Other 3%

I think those people don't even read the question and are assuming Federer is the best, regardless of what is asked.

Pathetic really, but hardly surprising.

Selby
04-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Don't you people know that Federer has the best 1st serve of all time, the best 2nd serve of all time, the best backhand of all time, the best volleys of all time and the best everything of all time? In fact, he's not just the GOAT, he's the best GOAT of all time! Oh, wait...

Anyway, Isner is a better server than Karlovic simply because his 2nd serve is much much better and smarter. As for the best first serve, I must admit Karlovic has the edge.

tea
04-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I like this recursive greatest of the greatest. I would've added a few "greatest of" levels more, though.

Mateya
04-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't know why so little votes for Isner? :confused: For me, he is just behind Karlo.

Karlovic 13%
Isner 2%
Federer 67%
Roddick 16%
Other 3%

:retard: :retard:
Loooks like a website under control of Fedtards. If they have a rule that he has to win every poll (like Safin in MTF), then making polls is nonsense by itself...

tea
04-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Loooks like a website under control of Fedtards. If they have a rule that he has to win every poll (like Safin in MTF), then making polls is nonsense by itself...
You like just born yesterday. ATP = bunch of Fedtards, so must be their site's managers. I also heard ATPWorldTour.com and RogerFederer.com are physically located at one server in Basel.:cool:

bokehlicious
04-01-2010, 02:13 PM

Chill out dude, to the casual fan Federer means tennis, so the poll result is hardly surprising. Only MTFers are too bitter to appreciate tennis' greatest ambassador.

Tennis-Engineer
04-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Why is Berdych in the poll ?

leng jai
04-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Cilic must be in the poll because he is tall.

paseo
04-01-2010, 11:45 PM

Karlovic 13%
Isner 2%
Federer 67%
Roddick 16%
Other 3%

:lol:

If Fed had a better serve than Karlovic, then he wouldn't lose a single match in the last 5 years. Right now, Karlovic is winning matches in the ATP. Switch his serve with Fed's, he'll be struggling in the challengers.

andy neyer
04-02-2010, 02:10 AM

Karlovic 13%
Isner 2%
Federer 67%
Roddick 16%
Other 3%

Hahahaha I was actually about to post that :)

Tennis fans in general = Fedtards

PS: Federer now rose to 68% :)

RIboy
04-02-2010, 02:13 AM
ATPWorldTour.com is a magnet for morons

Mario Sharapov
04-02-2010, 05:47 AM
Cilic must be in the poll because he is tall.

No, because he is #5 at the no of aces statistic this year.

maxxo
04-02-2010, 06:36 AM
ez

croats (cilic excluded)

FlameOn
04-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Roddick.