Miami R2: Zeballos def Simon 6-2 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R2: Zeballos def Simon 6-2 6-3

DJ Soup
03-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Beautiful display from Cebolla, but on the other hand, Simon was disastrous.

Tutu
03-27-2010, 10:26 PM
:bigcry:

leng jai
03-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Simon playing at the same level as his technique.

jonathancrane
03-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Horacio :yeah:

DJ Soup
03-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Simon has to be of the 20 seeded players the easiest one to beat by journeymen.

But Zeballos is deffo one of my favourite journeymen, he can get to the top30 no doubt.

Tutu
03-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Beautiful display from Cebolla, but on the other hand, Simon was disastrous.

Simon playing at the same level as his technique.

You do realise he was injured and couldn't even run? :retard: And his technique is just fine, thanks.

Get well soon Gilles, needs to stop being stubborn. :hug:

Bad Religion
03-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Simug is the equivalent to a bye in tennis

Singularity
03-27-2010, 10:36 PM
At least Federer doesn't have to worry now!

Sunset of Age
03-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Simon got treatment at the end of the 1st set on his right knee - I heard the physio mumble 'meniscus'. I hope it's nothing really serious but it didn't look good at all. Kudos for him playing on - hope it wasn't the wrong decision... :scared:

Congrats Zeballos, and thanks for the vCash! :hatoff:

Machiavelli
03-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Always nice to see this overrated and overachieving pusher losing; enough time to visit McDonalds and eat his favourite dishes....

Tennis almost died this 5 months when he was beating the top guys;

Almost the same caliber as Boredo; very smart apparently, playin injured, showing his lack of braincells

Zeba dropshotting himself to victory, good argie tactics....

KostyaTszyu
03-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Simon, the punter's dream. :worship:

leng jai
03-27-2010, 10:38 PM
You do realise he was injured and couldn't even run? :retard: And his technique is just fine, thanks.

Get well soon Gilles, needs to stop being stubborn. :hug:

Yeah his technique is awesome, all the kids should be learning from him.

simplet
03-27-2010, 10:39 PM
It must feel awesome to stop playing for six month because of an injury, and to come back to the exact same injury after like 2 weeks of playing... I wonder what Simon is going to do about that, stop playing for a year?

osalsyst
03-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Not that I'm a doctor or anything but I think if Simon really wants to get better, another break might be good. He still hasn't won a set in any ATP match this year and hasn't looked well in any of them. It's pretty sad.

Having said that, congrats to Zeballos. Hopefully he can be seeded at a slam this year.

Chiakifug
03-27-2010, 10:40 PM
He should just take a frickin break. Its obvious his knee isnt any better.

Sunset of Age
03-27-2010, 10:41 PM
It must feel awesome to stop playing for six month because of an injury, and to come back to the exact same injury after like 2 weeks of playing... I wonder what Simon is going to do about that, stop playing for a year?

If it's the EXACT same injury, one would guess a longer time off would indeed be the best idea... that's just creepy. Poor chap!

Art(e)mio
03-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Simon.... this is pathetic

Dini
03-27-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm liking Horacio more and more with every match. :hearts: Nice game.

duong
03-27-2010, 10:45 PM
If it's the EXACT same injury, one would guess a longer time off would indeed be the best idea... that's just creepy. Poor chap!

it's surely the same one.

Actually in his interviews he said that he was not sure it would not come back.

He's had it for one year now, but it seems that it's complicated to know how to cure it.

Sunset of Age
03-27-2010, 10:48 PM
it's surely the same one.

Actually in his interviews he said that he was not sure it would not come back.

He's had it for one year now, but it seems that it's complicated to know how to cure it.

Oh damn. That sounds pretty awful, Robin Haase-like, who was out with some indescernable knee injury for 14 months... :o :help:

Truc
03-27-2010, 10:51 PM
It must feel awesome to stop playing for six month because of an injury, and to come back to the exact same injury after like 2 weeks of playing... I wonder what Simon is going to do about that, stop playing for a year?More like 3 months including the off-season, he really hasn't been out that long, that's the problem. He's incredibly stubborn and it seems extremely hard for him to take a couple of months off (he even considered playing Melbourne and withdrew in last minute after the draw was made).

duong
03-27-2010, 11:12 PM
More like 3 months including the off-season, he really hasn't been out that long, that's the problem. He's incredibly stubborn and it seems extremely hard for him to take a couple of months off (he even considered playing Melbourne and withdrew in last minute after the draw was made).

yes but I also remember that the injury was hardly detectable then it was hard to know how long stopping :confused:

marcRD
03-28-2010, 12:56 AM
I remember watching Simon at his peak thinking to myself that this kid will end up breaking his knees or ankle running around like that on hardcourt, it did hurt me simply to watch him moving around the court.

marquez
03-28-2010, 01:29 AM
simon could never play
now he cant even run

Ouragan
03-28-2010, 01:34 AM
Simug, I like you dude, but you need to get your tennis back together. 25 is a bit young to be going downhill..

GasquetFan
03-28-2010, 01:39 AM
Gilles!!! :o:sad::mad::mad:

dylan24
03-28-2010, 02:04 AM
how soon until this french POS is out of the top 100.
there are college players who would beat this bum in straight sets

Action Jackson
03-28-2010, 02:08 AM
Good shit onion man.

luie
03-28-2010, 02:22 AM
Pushers have a short shelf life.

gulzhan
03-28-2010, 04:30 AM
:sad:

Forehander
03-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Always nice to see this overrated and overachieving pusher losing; enough time to visit McDonalds and eat his favourite dishes....

Tennis almost died this 5 months when he was beating the top guys;

Almost the same caliber as Boredo; very smart apparently, playin injured, showing his lack of braincells

Zeba dropshotting himself to victory, good argie tactics....

Great post :)

carlos pera
03-28-2010, 08:03 AM
What a shame for Simon, i was expecting him playing a bit better that he has done,but well,we must also say that Zeballos played really well!

Tutu
03-28-2010, 09:52 AM
More like 3 months including the off-season, he really hasn't been out that long, that's the problem. He's incredibly stubborn and it seems extremely hard for him to take a couple of months off (he even considered playing Melbourne and withdrew in last minute after the draw was made).
Indeed. He stopped playing last year way too late and then came back way too soon. Tulane and physios really need to step in and stop him now.

And some of you guys are fucking idiots. :lol: You clearly don't know much about tennis if you're still calling him a pusher. It's tired, boring and if that is all you have to offer in all of these Simon threads then I suggest you get the fuck out of them and possbly do something worthwhile with your lives for once. Because right now you're just completely and utterly pathetic. :wavey:

Certinfy
03-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Didn't see this match, good win for Horacio tho :yeah:

Mateya
03-28-2010, 10:20 AM
:sad: Why injuries like my favs so much?

And some of you guys are fucking idiots. :lol: You clearly don't know much about tennis if you're still calling him a pusher. It's tired, boring and if that is all you have to offer in all of these Simon threads then I suggest you get the fuck out of them and possbly do something worthwhile with your lives for once. Because right now you're just completely and utterly pathetic. :wavey:

They should click the link in my signature and see how you push big forehand winners and 190km/h serves. :yeah:

Tutu
03-28-2010, 01:20 PM
:sad: Why injuries like my favs so much?

They should click the link in my signature and see how you push big forehand winners and 190km/h serves. :yeah:
:bowdown: That was just amazing. I hope we see that Gilles back soon. Looked like he was back playing great after he was taking apart JCF at the USO last year but then the bloody knee had to mess up again. :o

Aaric
03-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Simon needs to stop playing for a while

Cloudygirl
03-28-2010, 01:34 PM
He is clearly injured. Some of the comments in this thread are just pathetic. At least he uses his brain when he plays a match. Makes him a lot more entertaining than most players imo.

paseo
03-28-2010, 03:58 PM

Good vids. But you can't use a few isolated performances to determine a players game. There are times when Robredo, Murray, Roddick, etc play aggressive baseline tennis, too.

marcRD
03-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Indeed. He stopped playing last year way too late and then came back way too soon. Tulane and physios really need to step in and stop him now.

Is Simon not a pusher now? Has he gone over to serve and volley or what? I havent seen him this year but last time he was pretty much the model of how a pusher behaves, plays, looks like. If he has moved over from beeing a pusher that would be pretty revolutionising, like if Sampras had gone over to be a pusher at the middle of his career...