does agassi have a chance vs federer [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

does agassi have a chance vs federer

dylan24
09-06-2004, 09:44 PM
i hope andre wins but i think federer will crush agassi in straight sets

Deboogle!.
09-06-2004, 09:47 PM
I think he has a chance. Not sure how big a chance, but Andre's playing good ball, it'll be a night match on Ashe (weather-permitting though at this point it's not looking great on Wednesday)... anything can happen under the lights in NYC :)

MisterQ
09-06-2004, 09:49 PM
Yes, Andre has a chance. Clearly Federer is the favorite. But Agassi is not an easy opponent for Federer, Roger has said so himself.

I can't wait for this match! :woohoo:

Red~Ruby
09-06-2004, 09:53 PM
I think it really just depends on how each will perform on the night. Federer could have a bad night, Agassi great. But one thing is that Agassi HAS been playing his good tennis lately, I mean he got all the way to the 1/4s now? so I have no clue.

tennis4eva
09-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Wow, Andre will have to play some great tennis to beat Roger. I'm guessing it will be a 5 setter and Federer is the favorite for sure. But I never underestimate our man Andre :worship:

dylan24
09-06-2004, 09:58 PM
i think andre has a better chance to win if it is at night w/ the cooler weather
but since it is likely going to rain tues night, who knows when the match will be played
damn hurricane

AgassiFan
09-06-2004, 10:01 PM
The good news is that when his hip is holding up (which hasn't been the case in the last 4-6 months or so), Andre is still the 3rd best tennis player in the world.

The bad news, however, is that he cannot beat the 2 players who are ahead of him, Federer and Roddick, unless he happens to play his 'A' game while they play their 'B' game or worse. He simply doesn't play well flat-footed; his backhand is not dangerous enough and, quite frankly, as many of his tight games against Sampras, Federer, Coria, Safin, Ferrero, Rafter have proven, Andre doesn't handle pressure all that well. As soon as things don't go his way and he actually has to play some defense for a change, he gets irritated and the overall quality of his tennis drops, complete with erratic serves and UE on the stroke.

Hey if Federer's game is off and Andre is 'on' (see: his game against Pete at 2001 USO), then he actually might pull it out. Unlikely, but I hope I am wrong.

Deboogle!.
09-06-2004, 10:02 PM
It could rain every day this week from late tomorrow, on. Hopefully tomorrow will be ok so that at least the draw will be on equal footing when the rain comes but yea... it doesn't look good.

LCeh
09-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Andre definitely has great chances. It will depend on how both players play, but I think both are pretty even.

star
09-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Gosh, it's hard to pick. Neither of them has been really tested so far.

Of course, you have to go with the number one player in the world as the realistic winner. From what I've seen, Federer can handle Agassi fairly easily when Federer is playing his best.

For us neutrals, I hope for a good, closely contested match. :)

sol
09-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Andre can manage to win according the H2H record, and the way in that he has won his last two matches. I hope a contested match as well. ;) We'll see!. I do like both players :D

Deboogle!.
09-06-2004, 10:38 PM
perhaps on paper it wouldn't look like Andre has much of a chance.. and maybe he doesn't.. but he also has some intangibles working in his favor like the comfort with the situations, the crowd will be HUGELY in his favor I imagine, And he's not tired either. You know Andre wants to make one last run here, so in terms of who wants it more, Andre might have the edge here too. Not that these things win matches, but sometimes they counterbalance other things.

It will be interesting for sure. *starts popping popcorn already*

superpinkone37
09-06-2004, 10:47 PM
i think that agassi definately has a chance. i think it will be a tough match, and of course andre will have to play his best tennis possible to win. i guess it just goes down to how well they take advantages of their opportunities when they have them. i want agassi to win, and i do think it is possible :)

jmp
09-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Yes, he does. Andre is a tough competitor and a shot maker. Roger does not seem to like night matches or windy conditions which works to Andre's favor. But, Roger is looking to cement his international reknown as "The (current) Man", particularly here in the U. S. So, if he can ignore any inconvenient conditions and keep his eye on the big picture, he should handle Andre handily. The Houston final had rain delays and unpleasant conditions, but, Roger came up with the goods. Good luck to both.

Patrick
09-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Federer will probably defeat Agassi. However, Agassi is a fighter. He might have a slight chance. :aplot:

Crazy_Fool
09-06-2004, 11:58 PM
The bad news, however, is that he cannot beat the 2 players who are ahead of him, Federer and Roddick
He beat Roddick in Cincinatti and can do it again, if Federer plays well then Federer will win though. But anything below Federer's best, and I believe Andre will win!!

I can't wait for this match

LiZpHaIr
09-07-2004, 12:00 AM
Agassi is going to beat Federer and lose to Henman, the eventual champion in the semis.

Dirk
09-07-2004, 12:07 AM
CF Rogi wasn't at his best in IW and still won it. Andre beat down his backhand that day but Federer was able to use it as a rally shot later in the match. If Rogi is iffy then Andre has a shot but that is really it. I just hope Rogi is his normal Ninja self. I am really bummed about not seeing him tonight. :sad: Andre is not behind Andy its the other way around. Andy and Andre played a very high level match and Andre won it because there is now way in hell Andy can compete with Andre on the ground.

Havok
09-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Federer isn't playing the best he can at this year's Us Open, but he's still playing well. Agassi literally has to be 95% on his game to have a shot at the upset. Can he do it? Yes for sure he has the goods to beat Federer, but it's the fact of doing it that's being asked here. I do give Andre a shot at this, I'll leave it at that.;)

Dirk
09-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Rogi knows what to do to beat Andre. I think both will come out trying to play their best. Its all down to who plays better. I am so looking forward to it but still want my PAVEL/ROGER MATCH!!!!!! :fiery:

alfonsojose
09-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Andre's chances depend a lot on his bakchand. The crosscourt one has to be as strong as it was against Hewitt and Roddick at Cincy. DTL ... jus hit it. If it's gone, Federer will be in semis

RogiFan88
09-07-2004, 01:43 AM
AA is playing better than Rogi at the USO imo... Rogi's played too much and won too much this year whereas AA has only won Cincy and is peaking at the right time. AA always plays well at the USO; Rogi hardly ever does... he hasn't, in fact. The crowd will be cheering for AA, cos he's Amer, cos he's old, cos he's the sentimental fave, cos they want him to win his final slam [doesn't have to be at the USO] and cos he's Andre.

Does AA like night matches?? Not particularly but he'll take them... as for Rogi, I've never heard him say he didn't like night matches... if it's windy, AA will be favoured.

It will be a tough match for Rogi I think, so he has to be in top form to beat AA... they're fairly even so far, having dropped a set, so they've both been tested somewhat, unlike Pandy or even Lleyton [altho Hicham pushed him w his lovely tennis].

We'll see... I'm happy that Rogi has already defended his points, so that's all that matters to me but if he does beat AA, I won't complain...

RogiFan88
09-07-2004, 01:45 AM
forgot to mention one important thing: AA will want revenge... VERY IMPORTANT FACTOR

WyveN
09-07-2004, 01:51 AM
Of course Andre has a chance. Probably the best chance to beat him apart from maybe Roddick.

Agassi is an astounding player and it's amazing how good he is at age
34 having said that at this stage of their career Federer is on another level and Andre will have to rely on Fed being a little of form even if he is to play his best.

tennischick
09-07-2004, 02:03 AM
yes he has a chance, but i will still be shocked if he wins!

Fedex
09-07-2004, 02:17 AM
Of course Andre has a chance. Probably the best chance to beat him apart from maybe Roddick.

Agassi is an astounding player and it's amazing how good he is at age
34 having said that at this stage of their career Federer is on another level and Andre will have to rely on Fed being a little of form even if he is to play his best.
I have to disagree with you there. Andre has the best chance to beat him of any of the players. Then Henman. Federer can play well and Agassi can still beat him, thats not the same case with Roddick or the other players. Andre imo has a much better chance of beating Federer, he can hurt Federer from the baseline, not the same case for Roddick. Agassi can hurt Roger with his backhand, Andy DEFINETLY can not. Andre can hurt Roger off the return. Again Andy cannot. I think I've made myself pretty clear. Plus the fact that Agassi actually has beaten Federer, Roddick has not.

Billabong
09-07-2004, 02:33 AM
O hope it's a tight and good match:D!!!

Fergie
09-07-2004, 02:43 AM
Andre has a chance, but Federer will win ;)

PerezRoldan
09-07-2004, 02:51 AM
Of course Agassi has a chance, he just needs to be at the absolute peak of his game and Federer slightly down, but Federer should win.

2Tough4Men
09-07-2004, 03:34 AM
Of course Agassi has a chance, he just needs to be at the absolute peak of his game and Federer slightly down, but Federer should win.

I don't think the picture is that bleak.

The head to head is 3-3. It is important to note Roger has taken the last 3. It's also important to note that 2 of the last 3 were razor tight matches. Let's give Andre the benefit of the doubt and call the Masters final a bad day. I really don't see any reason why he can't win this match with the crowd behind him ... a night match makes things even more favorable. Of course, Federer is the clear favorite, of that there is no doubt. But Andre can do it, and I think he can match Federer's best level. Didn't win 8 Slams for nothing.

PerezRoldan
09-07-2004, 03:43 AM
I don't think the picture is that bleak.

The head to head is 3-3. It is important to note Roger has taken the last 3. It's also important to note that 2 of the last 3 were razor tight matches. Let's give Andre the benefit of the doubt and call the Masters final a bad day. I really don't see any reason why he can't win this match with the crowd behind him ... a night match makes things even more favorable. Of course, Federer is the clear favorite, of that there is no doubt. But Andre can do it, and I think he can match Federer's best level. Didn't win 8 Slams for nothing.

As for being a bleak picture, the title of this thread is a lot bleaker than the scenario that I posted previously. Agassi can not consistently play at his old level and at the moment at their respective bests Federer is the better player at the moment, that's why Agassi needs to absolutely at the top of his game and unsettle Federer early and I was not saying Agassi doesn't have a chance, only a fool would say that, but I think Federer will win.

WyveN
09-07-2004, 03:55 AM
Federer can play well and Agassi can still beat him

4 years ago, not at age 34.

Andre imo has a much better chance of beating Federer, he can hurt Federer from the baseline, not the same case for Roddick. Agassi can hurt Roger with his backhand, Andy DEFINETLY can not. Andre can hurt Roger off the return. Again Andy cannot. I think I've made myself pretty clear. Plus the fact that Agassi actually has beaten Federer, Roddick has not.

Well Roddick has beaten Federer and while Roger is certainly the better player I don't think when their careers are over Andy will have just the one win over him.

Andre loves to stand in the one spot and make opponents run but that will be extremely difficult to do to Roger due to his retrieving skills and speed around the court.
Andre will no doubt attack Roger's backhand and he better pray its not working for Roger.
I am not saying Andre can't beat him but his best hope is the crowd, atmosphere or something affects Roger's play.

Havok
09-07-2004, 04:01 AM
I don't think Fedex payed close attention to the Wimbledon finals.:scared:

superpinkone37
09-07-2004, 04:12 AM
if roger plays his absolute best tennis, i think he is unbeatable. but chances are roger will not play his best tennis, and i think if agassi plays near perfect tennis then he CAN beat roger.

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-07-2004, 04:13 AM
If Roger can get the backhand down the line working very well and keep Agassi off balance, then he will win, but it's time for Roger to step up the level of his game and yes of course Agassi has a chance of winning, he is at the US Open in front of his people, but Federer has managed to beat him and the crowd, and hopefully will do it again.

Fedex
09-07-2004, 04:18 AM
I don't think Fedex payed close attention to the Wimbledon finals.:scared:
I did. But I also know that Federer didnt play well in that match, but still won it. But I also remember, as I'm sure you do, Wimbledon 03, MC 03, and Toronto 03, matches, that Federer dominated, where Federer and Roddick both played their best, yet Federer still crushed him every time :)

Havok
09-07-2004, 04:31 AM
Oh so you're allowed to play the "wasn't at his best" card but surely Andy was at his best in all those matches (especially the recently Toronto match where he had like what 22 ue's in the 1st set alone). Please don't use excuses, you said Andy couldn't hurt Roger from the ground, off his backhand, and off the return of serve. That Wimbledon final makes your post flawed and don't try to run around it. Now I know Andy can't consistently do that vs Federer as someone as good as Agassi can, but to totally dismiss it is just dumb.

Havok
09-07-2004, 04:32 AM
And you got a date mixed up. They never played in Toronto 03, their 03 match in Canada was in Montreal which Andy won, though seeing as where your post was trying to get to I think you mean the Toronto match in 2004.;)

Auscon
09-07-2004, 04:56 AM
I dont think Agassi will win, but hopefully he'll be able to put up a good fight and take a set, or maybe even 2, off of Federer

And after getting that walkover I think it'll be too hard for anyone to hope to wear down Roger in this tournament

Fedex
09-07-2004, 04:59 AM
Andy made those errors because Federer forced him into errors. He returned all of his big shots,which made them play long rallies which Andy is crap at doing. And still Federer had tons of winners in that match. He outclassed him, end of story. And plus in the Wimbledon match, Roger served like crap, didnt have the depth, and placement he usually has. And since when did Andy hurt Roger off his backhand in the Wimbly match. I dont remember him having one winner off that side or forcing errors from that side. I just remember him pounding forehands and serves like he always does. :)

Lalitha
09-07-2004, 06:42 AM
Agassi having a chance? All I know that it is going to be a cracker of a match and I hope they schedule it for a night match, so that it will be early morning in my region and get to watch it.

Dirk
09-07-2004, 07:09 AM
Its all down to Rogi's error amount. Andre knows it and has said it. Should be a great one though.

rassklovn
09-07-2004, 07:27 AM
Undoubtedly Agassi has a chance of winning this match, though it doesn't mean he will. Roger just better bring it on and if he does then he will overhelm Agassi, but it would be stupid to dismiss Agassi's chances outright.

WyveN
09-07-2004, 07:37 AM
Oh so you're allowed to play the "wasn't at his best" card but surely Andy was at his best in all those matches (especially the recently Toronto match where he had like what 22 ue's in the 1st set alone).

22 ue in the first set is a lie. I am not saying Roddick was at his best in that match but don't make up statistics to support your case.

Dirk
09-07-2004, 07:43 AM
I can look up the stats after the 1st set and tell you. Andy just got outplayed. Federer was sick and was iffy during that Wimbly match.

Dirk
09-07-2004, 07:51 AM
No Naldo is right in the first game on andy's serve they showed winners and errors. Andy had 24 errors and 14 winners and Rogi had 18 winners and 13 errors. Andy did make lots of errors but Rogi has a way of bringing out the worst in his opponents.

J. Corwin
09-07-2004, 09:40 AM
Andy made those errors because Federer forced him into errors. He returned all of his big shots,which made them play long rallies which Andy is crap at doing. And still Federer had tons of winners in that match. He outclassed him, end of story. And plus in the Wimbledon match, Roger served like crap, didnt have the depth, and placement he usually has. And since when did Andy hurt Roger off his backhand in the Wimbly match. I dont remember him having one winner off that side or forcing errors from that side. I just remember him pounding forehands and serves like he always does. :)

Andy had backhand winners in that match..you just don't remember it. Off the top of my head: cross-court passing shot in first few games. Another example: return dtl on deuce, Roger hits defensively cross-court...Andy hits dtl winner on ad-side.

Daniel
09-07-2004, 10:19 AM
No.

Federer will beat Agassi. :D

Cervantes
09-07-2004, 10:58 AM
I have to disagree with you there. Andre has the best chance to beat him of any of the players. Then Henman. Federer can play well and Agassi can still beat him, thats not the same case with Roddick or the other players. Andre imo has a much better chance of beating Federer, he can hurt Federer from the baseline, not the same case for Roddick. Agassi can hurt Roger with his backhand, Andy DEFINETLY can not. Andre can hurt Roger off the return. Again Andy cannot. I think I've made myself pretty clear. Plus the fact that Agassi actually has beaten Federer, Roddick has not.

Well said.

Agassi is still one of the biggest threats for Roger, definitely more than Andy or Lleyton. This is the match, if Andre doesn't beat Roger, Roger will win the tournament imo.

J. Corwin
09-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Oh and about the thread topic..;) I think Andre has a good chance to win since I think Fed will be a little flustered with the playing conditions (court, crowd, etc). I expect it to be a tough battle either way. Now the rains just have to stay away. :(

WyveN
09-07-2004, 11:40 AM
No Naldo is right in the first game on andy's serve they showed winners and errors. Andy had 24 errors and 14 winners and Rogi had 18 winners and 13 errors. Andy did make lots of errors but Rogi has a way of bringing out the worst in his opponents.

In the first set Roger made 18 winners and Andy made 24 errors.
But Roger only won 42 points.

If all 24 of Andy's errors were unforced errors then Andy made no forced errors which I find difficult to believe having seen the first set.

Fedex
09-07-2004, 03:11 PM
That's bullshit. Most of those errors were forced by Roger. And Jackson, he may have had winners off the backhand, here and there, but still he cant hurt Roger off that side, and can only dream of what Roger and Andre can do off the backhand side. Point is, that was not a great match from Federer, and Andy cant expect to have many of those.

RebelNYC
09-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Andre is my favorite player, but to beat Roger, he must play his best tennis
and hope that the night match and the crowds play a factor. GO ANDRE!
I think Agassi is the only one to beat Roger and if Roger wins, Roger wins
the US OPEN.

GO AGASSI!

Deboogle!.
09-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Now the rains just have to stay away. :(

Yes they do :mad: *does a rain dance*

Why don't they have the USO here? I haven't seen a drop of rain since I MOVED! :lol:

Havok
09-07-2004, 04:57 PM
22 ue in the first set is a lie. I am not saying Roddick was at his best in that match but don't make up statistics to support your case.
:tape: Don't make stupid comments. I don't tell fibs, thanks.:)

*Ljubica*
09-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Of course Agassi has a chance - he is far too good a player to write him off. Personally I want Roger to win, but I think it will be a very close match and Agassi could well pull out a "surprise" win.

Blaze
09-07-2004, 06:08 PM
Why do people keep talking about so call intangibles being in Andre's favor and that it will effect Roger. As I remember coorectly all these things were against him during TMC 03 and yet he won convincingly. I don't believe a loud crowd or a night match effect Roger whatsoever.

Cervantes
09-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Oh and about the thread topic..;) I think Andre has a good chance to win since I think Fed will be a little flustered with the playing conditions (court, crowd, etc). I expect it to be a tough battle either way. Now the rains just have to stay away. :(

Roger won't be flustered, I feel he will play to his ability, cause these are the ones that count. Roger hasn't lost a big match in a long time, because he always seems to find his best tennis against the best opponents. But Andre will give him a match, not because of the crowd (although this will help) but because he's still a fierce competitor and has awesome ability.

Dirk
09-07-2004, 06:24 PM
I just reported what the ESPN stats said. This match is all about Rogi's errors. If Rogi keep them in check Andre is done. Rogi has a way of sucking oxygen out of the crowd. I don't see them as a problem.

Iheartandy&roger
09-07-2004, 08:15 PM
This is a tough match to really think anybody would win for sure they both have such nice playing styles I wouldnt really care who wins this match I like both players.

Deboogle!.
09-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Why do people keep talking about so call intangibles being in Andre's favor and that it will effect Roger. As I remember coorectly all these things were against him during TMC 03 and yet he won convincingly. I don't believe a loud crowd or a night match effect Roger whatsoever.

I don't think you can compare the atmosphere at a smallish stadium like Houston's to Ashe stadium in NY. And anyway, it's not that these things could somehow hurt Roger, it's that they could somehow help Andre and inspire him to lift his game. And no one said these factors will actually have a real effect on the match, but, you never know.

Dirk
09-07-2004, 08:59 PM
If Andre is down then they will be very quiet the crowd. I remember that David and Andy match and they were pretty quiet till the tail end of that 3rd set. They won't be as disrespectful to Rogi as they were with him during the Blake match. I like to give the NY fans some kind of credit.

RebelNYC
09-07-2004, 09:46 PM
For sure Roger is not the kind of guy to let the crowd intimidate him, I didn't
mean that, but it's true that the crowd cheering for Andre could lift Andre...
Anyone tho, Roger included could get a bit unruffled, didn't he at the
Olympics? I like Roger a lot, but want Andre to win!

Éowyn
09-07-2004, 09:52 PM
i think andre can do it, i'm certainly gonna be cheering him on i wanna see him do well and i'd LOVE to see an andy v andre final theres games to go yet and they still both have to work for it but i would love it if they could meet in teh final.

i think andre can beat fed easily when he's on game and he's been playing well :) only thing that may work agasint him is that fed had the walkover and has had time to rest, but that could work both ways and he could be too relaxed, will be a great game to watch.

rue
09-07-2004, 11:49 PM
Andre will have to play the match of his life to beat Federer and that is going to be a hard task for him to pull off. I really want to see Federer win this one though.

SLICK
09-07-2004, 11:58 PM
I believe Agassi is going to raise his game sufficiently to pummel Federer into submission. His relentlessly accurate groundstrokes and searing return of serves is going to put the world no.1 under unbearable pressure from the start. Andre is very hungry to win this one as time is fast running out. Agassi to win in 4 pulsating sets! You read it here first. :wavey:

Éowyn
09-08-2004, 12:30 AM
Andre will have to play the match of his life to beat Federer and that is going to be a hard task for him to pull off. I really want to see Federer win this one though.

you obviosuly not watched andre the rest of his career if you think he needs the match of his life andre has played so many brilliant matches in his life and more than half of them woudl beat fed it's not teh match of his life he needs it's his match of the year!

rogicomel
09-08-2004, 01:49 AM
Hoping and praying Rogi's gonna win this one! His record this year proves that once he is the 1/4 finals, he'll move on to win the tournament. So, looking forward to seeing him maintain the record.

GOOOOOOOOO ROGI!!!!!!!!!

WyveN
09-08-2004, 03:26 AM
but it's true that the crowd cheering for Andre could lift Andre...
Anyone tho, Roger included could get a bit unruffled, didn't he at the
Olympics?

The 50 people watching him in Athens unsettled Roger ;)

WyveN
09-08-2004, 03:30 AM
:tape: Don't make stupid comments. I don't tell fibs, thanks.:)

So in the Toronto match every error of the Roddick racket in the first set was unforced?

elusive
09-08-2004, 05:36 AM
i think that the pt naldo is trying to make is that andy had alot of unforced errors, aside from those that were forced by federer. hence they show that andy wasnt playing at his best as the many unforced errors were due to his own carelessness. no more fights please. :)

its definitely possible that andre can win federer, considering the way hes been playing recently. but fed is still looking oh-so-high-and-mighty, so who knows? anyway, ill be supporting andre on this one.

ataptc
09-08-2004, 06:12 AM
hmmm of course agassi has a chance but either player could win.. i'm going for andre here in 4 or 5 sets :)

Fedex
09-08-2004, 06:33 AM
i think andre can do it, i'm certainly gonna be cheering him on i wanna see him do well and i'd LOVE to see an andy v andre final theres games to go yet and they still both have to work for it but i would love it if they could meet in teh final.

i think andre can beat fed easily when he's on game and he's been playing well :) only thing that may work agasint him is that fed had the walkover and has had time to rest, but that could work both ways and he could be too relaxed, will be a great game to watch.
Andre will certainly not beat Fed easily no matter how well he plays. I'm still remembering the TMC Final, so I know if Federer plays his very best, he can destroy Agassi very easily. But that was one of the best matches of his career, doubt he'll play that awesome today. Hope its a great match, though

WyveN
09-08-2004, 06:45 AM
you obviosuly not watched andre the rest of his career if you think he needs the match of his life andre has played so many brilliant matches in his life and more than half of them woudl beat fed

How do you know that?

Fedex
09-08-2004, 06:55 AM
This match is in Roger's hands. Andre's strokes arent what they used to be, and he doesnt go for winners like he used to. If Roger keeps is error count low and is hitting winners today, then he will be the victor no doubt.

Sparkz
09-08-2004, 07:53 AM
Andre needs to be far more secure and canny on his serve than he has shown in recent months, I am predicting a close match with andre squeezing through with crowd advantage and wanting it badly.

Lalitha
09-08-2004, 07:59 AM
Good point Sparkz. But I think Roger will receive his share from the crowd as well.

RebelNYC
09-08-2004, 03:22 PM
LOL, that's funny about '50 people in Athens' unruffling Roger...heh heh...
naw, I just meant that for any reason anybody even the usually unflappable
Roger can get un-done sometimes...I think this is going to be a good match,
I just hope Andre can come up the victor!

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Federer will win as long as he is on top his game and his backhand holds up.

Fumus
09-08-2004, 03:25 PM
I think this could be the biggest and best match of USO 2004! I predict the winner will win USO 04.

RebelNYC
09-08-2004, 03:54 PM
totally agree - whoever wins, wins US OPEN!