Are your cbs affiliates showing tennis coverage? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Are your cbs affiliates showing tennis coverage?

Ballbuster
09-06-2004, 06:52 PM
College Station CBS affiliate is showing a telethon.

Yesterday morning they started tennis two hours late so they could show a baptist service. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fee
09-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I've heard of this problem from a few people around the country. One friend had to put up with a local college football game and the telethon all day today. I'm getting all the CBS coverage, all weekend. My station did not even take the 30 minute news break it was entitled to. Find a friend who has a satellite dish with the New York feed and you'll be okay. Most of the CBS owned stations are sticking with the Network programming, but locally owned CBS affiliate stations can pretty much do what they want I guess. It really sucks, and here again we have tennis being treated like no other sport. Would CBS allow their precious golf coverage to be treated like this?

Bethly
09-06-2004, 07:25 PM
I missed half of CBS coverage on Saturday so my local station could show the Hawkeye's crush Kent State. Which is pretty annoying to me, since I live in walking distance of the University and as a student, if I wanted to go I could have. Today, I am missing all of CBS coverage because of the Telethon. Thank Goodness USA has the night matches or I wouldn't have seen any of the USO Today. Now, next week, I will miss the first semi-final match because, again, my station will be showing the Iowa game, which is again a home game. Grr... At least that game I do understand because it's Iowa vs. Iowa State. It's pretty much the most important game of the year for us but come on! Like Fee said, CBS would never allow this to happen with Golf, or Football. They pay millions of dollars for the rights to show the USO every year, you would think they would make sure that all of the viewers would get to see all of it. It makes me so mad!

jmp
09-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Whenever tennis is on one of the networks, it's time to sweat because you never really know if you'll get to see it or not. NBC with it's All Time Zones junk is ridiculous. I have fired off a complaint email when I think it'll make a difference. They have the technology to at least put tennis on PIP. At any rate, I think all CBS tennis will go away in about 10 minutes so that they can tell us, once again, that the former president is indeed recovering from bypass surgery - no change. But, we just thought we'd cut into this live event to reiterate that, yes, he is recovering from bypass surgery. :rolleyes:

Havok
09-06-2004, 07:56 PM
Luckily for me I have 2 canadian stations (TSN and RDS) covering the exact same thing, so if CBS wan't do be a bitch and show something other than tennis, I just change channels.