Would Roger Haters Forget This? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Would Roger Haters Forget This?

SheepleBuster
03-21-2010, 12:17 PM
That was an accident today. That's my feeling, because I was playing (well) enough to win the tournament. It was an important accident, and I have to learn to try to play more aggressive next time, try to convert the opportunities. But for the rest, nothing to say, no? I was feeling I was playing better than probably ever on this court.

But this was not Roger against Baghdatis. It's Nadal who said it after his close loss to Ljubicic. So if Roger says it, it's probably his arrogance. But Nadal is saying it out of modesty?!

Link: http://eurosport.yahoo.com/21032010/58/nadal-shrugs-ljubicic-loss.html

emotion
03-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Yea, there is bias

SheepleBuster
03-21-2010, 12:21 PM
I don't know. Maybe it's language barrier. But to call somebody else's hard won victory an accident doesn't sound modest.

Allez
03-21-2010, 12:24 PM
exactly...but Nadal was right & there's nothing arrogant about it. Ditto Rogi's comments. It's only juvenile tards who like to blow things way out of proportion.

Persimmon
03-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Maybe Nadal thinks losing to a 30-something player is an accident? When was the last time he lost to a 30-something player? Like 4 years ago. Doesn't happen too often.

elessar
03-21-2010, 01:46 PM
This is one of the fairer quote from Rafa in this interview, I'll let you find the really funny ones :hug: (HINT: the word wind is mentionned)

l_mac
03-21-2010, 01:54 PM
I don't know. Maybe it's language barrier. But to call somebody else's hard won victory an accident doesn't sound modest.

He's talking about his own level of play, and the mistakes he made.

Like Claire said, he said a lot more quote worthy things than this in that presser :haha:

tkr
03-21-2010, 02:06 PM
He is just pathetic. It's easy to be humble in victory but everytime he loses, there's an explenation that doesn't seem humble at all.

cobalt60
03-21-2010, 02:08 PM
MTF strikes again :rocker2:

martinatreue
03-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Of course there is a huge bias mainly because Roger has won 16 slams. Rafa always makes an excuse. Nobody has ever really beaten him LOL

Certinfy
03-21-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm a Roger and Rafa hater :o

Fiberlight1
03-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Context is always important, MTF fails to realize this alot.

barbadosan
03-21-2010, 04:12 PM

Wouldn't the context for both be why you lost?

SheepleBuster
03-21-2010, 04:20 PM

What context man? He said his loss was an accident. Nothing wrong with that in my book. but if Roger said it, we'd never hear the end of it. That's just a fact.

rubbERR
03-21-2010, 04:21 PM
rafa is right, it was accident...ljubo was playing useless
baseline tennis and rafa had his chances.

heya
03-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Wow. Fed fanboy took this thread seriously. Another credit card payment to the thread starter.

Rita
03-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Amazing disaster? Important accident? :hysteric:

I'm a Roger and Rafa hater :o
I don't think anyone cares.

crude oil
03-21-2010, 06:33 PM
This was presser from rafa was waaayyy worse than anything i have seen from federer. Roger usually tries to disguise his bitterness. Rafa's was seething in almost every question.

"I was mentally destroyed"..:haha: Who says this? Rafa must be really be low on confidence. Reminds me of federer "thank G4d the hardcourt season is over".

"That's for sure, no? I was more nervous than passive, no? Because I never had to arrive to this tiebreak. That's my feeling, no? " - Are you and roger sharing notes?:wavey:

"I played unbelievable terrible game" :haha:

"The wind always is in favor of the player -- the strange situations is favoring the player who play worse from the baseline, I think" ...:rolleyes:

"The mental thing, I gonna do it well. I always was a winner"

poor rafa has to reassure himself. :sad:

Rafa is hilarious!

Commander Data
03-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Players will always show some bitterness when they lose an important match. It is perfectly fine. But the haters will pick on it anyway. Who cares?

SheepleBuster
03-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Players will always show some bitterness when they lose an important match. It is perfectly fine. But the haters will pick on it anyway. Who cares?

I am actually fine with it. These are human not some robot. It's normal. But all I am saying is, if Rafa says this, it's OK for all fans. If Fed says it, he is arrogant. If Murray says it, it's because he is Scottish. And if Novak says it, it's because he is a crybaby.

maskedmuffin
03-21-2010, 07:36 PM
you are making an astute observation of the mens tennis forum culture and it seems people are too haughty themselves to want any part of it!

Congratulations are in order for being the truth mirror to the tard-dom community. You are100% right, and anyone who cannot see this double standard, or would rather ignore it and change the subject are as guilty as those who participate in the hypocrisy.

Great catch!

:worship:

Lopez
03-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Well yeah the bias always goes both ways in this Fedal thing because all tards are biased... Every interview Fed gives proves his arrogance, every match Nadal loses proves his muggishness. I mean Fed never loses when he plays well, OTOH Nadal never plays well but the opponent just shits himself against him.

Also Fed is always arrogant, Nadal always gracious and humble.

Fiberlight1
03-21-2010, 07:49 PM
What context man? He said his loss was an accident. Nothing wrong with that in my book. but if Roger said it, we'd never hear the end of it. That's just a fact.

Show me where he says "my loss was an accident". Rafa's english is not great.. we all know that.. I can definitely feel for him after learning English for 4 years.. When you speak, you can't get a complete though always... and sure, you can't blame everything on the language barrier.. But he never said, It was an accident I lost, I should have won

Nole fan
03-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Arrogance, modesty... who cares? For me modesty is just another form of hypocrisy anyway, i don't like it. I prefer to hear someone say what he thinks instead of what he thinks he should say. See the difference? I don't understand why people criticize players for speaking their minds. :shrug:

dodo
03-21-2010, 08:31 PM
I dont see whats wrong with the quote. I dont see what would be wrong with it, were it coming from Roger. The guy spoke his mind. Others should follow the example instead of the usual generic "touch match, could have gone either way".

l_mac
03-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Arrogance, modesty... who cares? For me modesty is just another form of hypocrisy anyway,

:haha:

SheepleBuster
03-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Show me where he says "my loss was an accident". Rafa's english is not great.. we all know that.. I can definitely feel for him after learning English for 4 years.. When you speak, you can't get a complete though always... and sure, you can't blame everything on the language barrier.. But he never said, It was an accident I lost, I should have won

Read my first post. He says, "that was an accident today" So you are suggesting that doesn't mean his loss? We Americans know a lot about situations where is doesn't mean is (like when a famous person asked what the definition of is is) :devil:

tennis2tennis
03-21-2010, 09:05 PM
whether it's a rafa or roger interview...must we go through the paralysis by over analysis every single time...

betowiec
03-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Lol

Guy Haines
03-21-2010, 09:37 PM
"I was mentally destroyed"

"That's for sure, no? I was more nervous than passive, no? Because I never had to arrive to this tiebreak. That's my feeling, no? "

"I played unbelievable terrible game"

"The wind always is in favor of the player -- the strange situations is favoring the player who play worse from the baseline, I think"

"The mental thing, I gonna do it well." hilarious!

Give me a break. That's not worse than Federer. I'll give you one simple example - nowhere does he belittle his opponent's style of play, a Federer post-loss (and post-win at times) trademark.

A little hint as to why Nadal doesn't give Ljuba a post-match BJ. Ljuba has been bitter and complainy after losses to Nadal. They're not that friendly.

And he's right - his mentality is not good right now. It's a huge part of his game. If it's iffy, he 'gonna lose.'

The one period where Ljubia seriously outplayed him was the tiebreak and those are all about mentality and nerve. Nadal doesn't have it right now and his better opponents know it.

Guy Haines
03-21-2010, 09:43 PM
you are making an astute observation of the mens tennis forum culture and it seems people are too haughty themselves to want any part of it!

Congratulations are in order for being the truth mirror to the tard-dom community. You are100% right, and anyone who cannot see this double standard, or would rather ignore it and change the subject are as guilty as those who participate in the hypocrisy.

Great catch!

:worship:

I hope this is sarcasm because the thread-starter usually can be found hanging off Federer's nutsack with an evil eye on Nadal.

elessar
03-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Give me a break. That's not worse than Federer. I'll give you one simple example - nowhere does he belittle his opponent's style of play, a Federer post-loss (and post-win at times) trademark.

I believe he criticized Ljubicic's baseline game :hug:
"The wind always is in favor of the player the strange situations is favoring the player who play worse from the baseline"
A quote like that would have gone straight in the Ego has landed thread if Roger had been the one to say it (and if the thread hadn't locked :tears:)
I hope this is sarcasm because the thread-starter usually can be found hanging off Federer's nutsack with an evil eye on Nadal.
Thread starter is a troll who doesn't care either way about Roger or Rafa :lol:

fred perry
03-21-2010, 11:22 PM
rafa - humility personified. :wavey:

Tutu
03-21-2010, 11:33 PM
That press conference is a mess because his English just isn't good enough but some things he said were just the truth. :shrug: e.g. "The wind always is in favor of the player the strange situations is favoring the player who play worse from the baseline". He's right, often the wind is a leveller for both players as they end up more focussed on trying to just get the ball over the net and between the lines than going for shots and attemptng to get the ball within cms of the baseline. Sure it sounds harsh, but again I think it's just the language barrier. :shrug: I'm sure he didn't mean it in a demeaning way to Ljubicic and I don't think anybody is in delusions about which player has the better ground game. :lol:

crude oil
03-21-2010, 11:34 PM

A little hint as to why Nadal doesn't give Ljuba a post-match BJ. Ljuba has been bitter and complainy after losses to Nadal. They're not that friendly.

And he's right - his mentality is not good right now. It's a huge part of his game. If it's iffy, he 'gonna lose.'

The one period where Ljubia seriously outplayed him was the tiebreak and those are all about mentality and nerve. Nadal doesn't have it right now and his better opponents know it.

actually, he pretty much does say that

(I) Ljubicic is not that good from the baseline as he is.
(II) The wind helped ljubicic more than Rafa and "equalized" their skills from there
...also implying that the better player doesn't always win (the wind made the match more competetive than it should be).

Also, referring to his "unbelievable terrible game"..."important accident" - basically no credit to the opponent.

I don't buy the B.S. that rafa's english language barrier is the reason for his indiscreet interview because I have seen him give credit many times and not be such a clown at the presser. This was by far, his worst interview.

Rafa Nadal appears to be impersonating Serena williams here - i lost, he didnt win.

i dont really care for whether roger or rafa is modest/arrogant.. i just find it hilarious. Love the interview from Rafa :lol:

Nole fan
03-21-2010, 11:38 PM
actually, he pretty much does say that

(I) Ljubicic is not that good from the baseline as he is.
(II) The wind helped ljubicic more than Rafa and "equalized" their skills from there
...also implying that the better player doesn't always win (the wind made the match more competetive than it should be).

Also, referring to his "unbelievable terrible game"..."important accident" - basically no credit to the opponent.

I don't buy the B.S. that rafa's english language barrier is the reason for his indiscreet interview because I have seen him give credit many times and not be such a clown at the presser. This was by far, his worst interview.

Rafa Nadal appears to be impersonating Serena williams here - i lost, he didnt win.

Excuse me, but what part of this is not true? :shrug:

l_mac
03-21-2010, 11:42 PM

Ljubicic did win it. Rafa was shit yesterday, and he knows it, but Ljubicic served excellently at key points and played an amazing 3rd set TB.

holagirl56
03-21-2010, 11:44 PM

That's the whole point. I don't see anything wrong with Rafa's pressers or Fed's pressers if they're telling the truth about what happened in the match, which most of the times they are. But, people are always criticizing Fed for being arrogant whereas a dismissive presser from Rafa isn't viewed in the same way.

Honestly, I think there's too much of an emphasis placed on "humility," most of which is false anyways. To be a professional athlete, especially at such a high level, you have to be arrogant/confident, otherwise you end up losing.

crude oil
03-21-2010, 11:45 PM

It is all true. Without a doubt. But rafa was also not very modest, discreet or sporting in this interview either. He gave little credit to the opponent, and is clearly affected in the head by the loss.

I found the whole interview comical and hilarious. It is only the sensitive rafatards that are somehow hurt because their idol didn't live up to their mythical expectations.

And it makes it doubly funnier that it was ljubicic, a 31 yr old clearly past his peak player that beat the supposed most mentally tough player ever. :haha:

I think even rafa is surprised that he could lose to such a player like ljubicic. But he still shouldnt hint at such a thing. If you see a fat person in the room, you don't point it out even if its true because its clearly indecent.:wavey:

oranges
03-21-2010, 11:45 PM

The part in which he completely owned the TB and thus the match.

paseo
03-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Arrogant mug, this Nadal :D

- i lost, he didnt win.

But seriously, I find this ironic. Cause most of Nadal wins in the past were because his opponents lost it while he was only keeping the ball in play. Maybe right now, as Nadal tries to be more aggressive, he'll learn that attacking tennis is a much riskier & tougher game.

l_mac
03-22-2010, 12:15 AM
But seriously, I find this ironic.

Really? Because he didn't actually say that.

Cause most of Nadal wins in the past were because his opponents lost it while he was only keeping the ball in play. Maybe right now, as Nadal tries to be more aggressive, he'll learn that attacking tennis is a much riskier & tougher game.

Most? :haha: You surely mean all.

:lol:

HKz
03-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Obviously Rafa isn't superb with English, but the word accident for Spanish is "accidente" so in my opinion it isn't like he didn't realize what he was saying..

Of course he should of worded it as it was his fault and mistake for not taking the opportunities he was presented with.

Now if Rafa really felt that it was an "accident" to lose to Ljubicic, that would obviously be a different story and quite disrespectful, but I'm quite sure this is nothing of that sort.

Arkulari
03-22-2010, 02:47 AM
That's the whole point. I don't see anything wrong with Rafa's pressers or Fed's pressers if they're telling the truth about what happened in the match, which most of the times they are. But, people are always criticizing Fed for being arrogant whereas a dismissive presser from Rafa isn't viewed in the same way.

Honestly, I think there's too much of an emphasis placed on "humility," most of which is false anyways. To be a professional athlete, especially at such a high level, you have to be arrogant/confident, otherwise you end up losing.

exactly, the whole "humble" myth is nothing but :bs:

paseo
03-22-2010, 04:36 AM
Most? :haha: You surely mean all.

:lol:

No, I didn't. And why are you laughing?

bokehlicious
03-22-2010, 07:45 AM
What an arrogant tool this latin lover... :rolleyes:

l_mac
03-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Arrogance and confidence are not the same thing. Is English your first language?

You can certainly be confident and have humility. btw I'm not talking about one player vs another here.
No, I didn't. And why are you laughing?

Because I found what you said funny. That's what the :lol: smilie means. :hug:

holagirl56
03-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Arroganance and confidence are not the same thing. Is English your first language?

You can certainly be confident and have humility. btw I'm not talking about one player vs another here.

English is my first language. Was there anything that suggested otherwise?

I was using arrogance and confidence interchangeably since most people consider Federer arrogant while I think he could be construed as confident. I think it is possible to be both confident and humble, although I doubt any professional athlete has mastered the balance between the two.

l_mac
03-22-2010, 09:40 PM
English is my first language. Was there anything that suggested otherwise?

I thought you were using confident and arrogant interchangeably.

elessar
03-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Arroganance and confidence are not the same thing. Is English your first language?

I thought you were using confient and arrogant interchangeably.
:spit:

No need to feel ashamed, Linda they're pretty difficult words to master :hug:

l_mac
03-22-2010, 10:14 PM
:spit:

No need to feel ashamed, Linda they're pretty difficult words to master :hug:

:ras:

No more TT updates for you.

DualMedia
03-22-2010, 10:23 PM
I believe this is a big misunderstanding,Nadal's english is not very strong. He probaly didn't know any other words to describe the defeat. If they would have asked him the question in spanish , he would probaly have better words to describe the defeat.

scarecrows
03-22-2010, 10:26 PM
"The wind always is in favor of the player the strange situations is favoring the player who play worse from the baseline". He's right, often the wind is a leveller for both players as they end up more focussed on trying to just get the ball over the net and between the lines than going for shots and attemptng to get the ball within cms of the baseline.

you make a good point on the bold and for that reason Rafa is wrong in what he said
Wind favours percentage players, those who play safe with lot of spin and rarely go for the shots and surely Rafa is one of them.
Wind affects more big hitters, who suffer more the deviation the ball gets when they prepare to attack. Soderling and Berdych are the best examples

Nadal also clearly forgets how he won the final last year

Apemant
03-23-2010, 12:34 AM
Nadal also clearly forgets how he won the final last year

My thoughts exactly :devil:

So clearly, as he was obviously helped by the wind last year, he is the one who plays 'worse' than Murray, from the baseline. AO this year only cements that proposition even further.

:devil:

Sunset of Age
03-23-2010, 12:37 AM
I believe this is a big misunderstanding,Nadal's english is not very strong. He probaly didn't know any other words to describe the defeat. If they would have asked him the question in spanish , he would probaly have better words to describe the defeat.

He used the same word in Spanish, 'accidente'...

Whatever. He was disappointed, spoke his mind, nothing wrong with that at all. Just as there's never been anything wrong with Fed's post-match comments either. :shrug:

That said... continue the fun, folks! :wavey:

Nole fan
03-23-2010, 10:42 AM

Whatever. He was disappointed, spoke his mind, nothing wrong with that at all. Just as there's never been anything wrong with Fed's post-match comments either. :shrug:

You know, they need something to talk about... :p

Corey Feldman
03-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Knee's Nadal saying he felt he was playing better than ever and lost

thought Nadal never lost when he was playing his best

:eek:

Start da Game
03-23-2010, 12:07 PM

most meaningful post of this thread........he was referring to his inability to close out the deal in straight sets........he didn't know how to describe it........i remember so many matches(even when he was playing well) where he wins the first set and goes on to lose the next two.......it even happened once against andreas seppi of all........

if he was really arrogant here, he would puke excuses like "you know i am coming back from a 2 month break, you know it's great that i still made the semis you know this you know that blah blah blah.......you know i am the one who controls the matches when i am playing well......."

we never hear bullshit of that highest order from his mouth........even when he lost to soderling at french, all the rafa hating idiots crapping in this thread should go through his interview after that defeat........he just refused to tell the truth that he was in pain that day simply because he din't want to steal the winning moment from soderling........

he let the world know about his injury only when he skipped queens and wimbledon........

Corey Feldman
03-23-2010, 12:10 PM
hope there wasnt any tv cameramen around or Nadal would have abused them again

Corey Feldman
03-23-2010, 12:11 PM
we never hear bullshit of that highest order from his mouth........even when he lost to soderling at french, all the rafa hating idiots crapping in this thread should go through his interview after that defeat........he just refused to tell the truth that he was in pain that day simply because he din't want to steal the winning moment from soderling........

he just abused cameramen and let uncle Toni slander the French crowd

Start da Game
03-23-2010, 12:13 PM

stop your hypocritical "fedal" loving bullshit........no one is interested in your fake "fedal" love anymore........it is an insult to all the genuine nadal fans in this forum to categorize an arrogant prick like federer alongside nadal when it comes to respecting the opponents and humbleness........

djokovic whooped his arse and sent him back packing in straight sets, he just could not resist saying "the guy is nothing special"........he totally trashtalked murray and the british media before the australian final........he got away with that because mug pusher choked like a wimp........had murray won that day, it would have been a slap in the face for fed and his fans........

Start da Game
03-23-2010, 12:15 PM
he just abused cameramen and let uncle Toni slander the French crowd

yeah great way to treat a 4 time french open champion........the whole world knows how sane the french tennis crowds are.......

Corey Feldman
03-23-2010, 12:19 PM
http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1364.gifhttp://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1364.gifhttp://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1364.gifhttp://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1364.gif

acionescu
03-23-2010, 12:27 PM
http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1364.gifhttp://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1364.gifhttp://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1364.gifhttp://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1364.gif

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

tea
03-23-2010, 12:44 PM
This Nadal isn't saint. Who could have thought? We just didn't know him completely because he doesn't speak the international language frequently. I remember some of the Rafito fans were unhappy their angel didn't get the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award? Still feeling the same, friends?:lol:

Start da Game
03-23-2010, 12:47 PM
This Nadal isn't saint. Who could have thought? We just didn't know him completely because he doesn't speak the international language frequently. I remember some of the Rafito fans were unhappy their angel didn't get the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award? Still feeling the same, friends?:lol:

except fedtards, no one gives a flying fuck about that nonsensical award........atp have been insulting stefan edberg on a yearly basis from 5 or 6 years now........

tea
03-23-2010, 01:00 PM
except fedtards, no one gives a flying fuck about that nonsensical award........atp have been insulting stefan edberg on a yearly basis from 5 or 6 years now........
:lol: I suppose you respect only Prince of Asturias award. I see nothing wrong with that TBH, you're a good fan!

thrust
03-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Maybe Nadal thinks losing to a 30-something player is an accident? When was the last time he lost to a 30-something player? Like 4 years ago. Doesn't happen too often.

An in shape 31 yo athlete is well capable of winning tournaments against top players. Rosewall, Laver, Connors, Agassi, Gonzales etc. have proven that. So for Nadal, or others, to call Ljubo's win a mistake is foolish. I though Nadal was better than that. Ljubo played outstanding tennis to win IW. He moved better than I thought he could. He is a big powerful MAN, which is unusual in the ATP today. The tope players today are great athletes, but also, spoiled pretentious effete males more interested in their hairstyle, clothing, etc..

Start da Game
03-23-2010, 01:33 PM
:lol: I suppose you respect only Prince of Asturias award. I see nothing wrong with that TBH, you're a good fan!

there is no bigger award than recognition and admiration from genuine tennis followers........both nadal and federer have plenty in that regard already........

the tennis rulers have to create a fake GOAT to feed the sheep world over........hence these pointless secret awards like 'SESA' whose procedure for selection is a mad joke and there is no transparency in the whole thing either........no one gives a shit about these awards.......

tea
03-23-2010, 02:01 PM
there is no bigger award than recognition and admiration from genuine tennis followers........both nadal and federer have plenty in that regard already........

the tennis rulers have to create a fake GOAT to feed the sheep world over........hence these pointless secret awards like 'SESA' whose procedure for selection is a mad joke and there is no transparency in the whole thing either........no one gives a shit about these awards.......
Such a shame that Federer and Nadal as members of Players Council must have known all the unfairness going on with these awards but did nothing to broke that corruption scheme.

Everko
03-23-2010, 02:05 PM
What an arrogant tool this latin lover... :rolleyes:

Latin lover? It amazes me that any fan of the most arrogant man in the ATP can call Nadal arrogant.

king_roger
03-23-2010, 03:04 PM
stop your hypocritical "fedal" loving bullshit........no one is interested in your fake "fedal" love anymore........it is an insult to all the genuine nadal fans in this forum to categorize an arrogant prick like federer alongside nadal when it comes to respecting the opponents and humbleness........

djokovic whooped his arse and sent him back packing in straight sets, he just could not resist saying "the guy is nothing special"........he totally trashtalked murray and the british media before the australian final........he got away with that because mug pusher choked like a wimp........had murray won that day, it would have been a slap in the face for fed and his fans........

So, Fed won AO final because Murray choked?? It had nothing to do with his level of play that day? :rolleyes:

Nole fan
03-23-2010, 03:31 PM

I kind of agree with that. Another thing I have observed about Federer is that when he shakes hands with his opponents at the end of a match, he doesn't waste anytime with it, he's all bussinesslike, doesn't even look them in the eye. Sometimes I've seen players trying to tell him something like, I suppose, "good match" or whatver they tell each other under those circumstances, and he's already six feet away not paying attention... so rude. :lol:

Nole fan
03-23-2010, 03:35 PM
An in shape 31 yo athlete is well capable of winning tournaments against top players. Rosewall, Laver, Connors, Agassi, Gonzales etc. have proven that. So for Nadal, or others, to call Ljubo's win a mistake is foolish. I though Nadal was better than that. Ljubo played outstanding tennis to win IW. He moved better than I thought he could. He is a big powerful MAN, which is unusual in the ATP today. The tope players today are great athletes, but also, spoiled pretentious effete males more interested in their hairstyle, clothing, etc..

Are you saying that Lujibicic is not an effete male because he's bald? :p

Persimmon
03-23-2010, 03:53 PM
So, Fed won AO final because Murray choked?? It had nothing to do with his level of play that day? :rolleyes:

Fed looked unstoppable at the AO final.

Start da Game
03-23-2010, 04:19 PM
I kind of agree with that. Another thing I have observed about Federer is that when he shakes hands with his opponents at the end of a match, he doesn't waste anytime with it, he's all bussinesslike, doesn't even look them in the eye. Sometimes I've seen players trying to tell him something like, I suppose, "good match" or whatver they tell each other under those circumstances, and he's already six feet away not paying attention... so rude. :lol:

no wonder that nadal says sorry to him every time he spanks him.........

Certinfy
03-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Interesting point, we need Soderling to thrash Roger, then I would love to see the reaction at the net :devil:

star
03-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Ljubicic did win it. Rafa was shit yesterday, and he knows it, but Ljubicic served excellently at key points and played an amazing 3rd set TB.

Ljubo's serve was excellent both against Rafa and Andy.

I did think that Rafa couldn't summon that some bit of extra that he usually can rely on. At least, that's the way it seemed to me. Clearly the more deserving player won.

Arkulari
03-23-2010, 04:47 PM

not with Rafa... ;)

AR7do5BFgzA

sdbWcnFl9rY

Zck9QLZjZCQ

Corey Feldman
03-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Since when was Federer a bad hand shaker? if his are bad then Nadal's are downright disgraceful

if you want to see a bad handshake effort look at Verdasco, especially when Ancic beat him at Wimbledon

Are you saying that Lujibicic is not an effete male because he's bald? :pget Federer out of your sig if you are gonna slander him

no wonder that nadal says sorry to him every time he spanks him.........when will Nadal and uncle Toni apologise to the French for their little hissy fit last year?

Corey Feldman
03-23-2010, 04:56 PM
4.08 on this video .. Verdasco :lol::spit:

iDQQUYZvTwY

FedererBulgaria
03-23-2010, 04:56 PM
He is just pathetic. It's easy to be humble in victory but everytime he loses, there's an explenation that doesn't seem humble at all.

:yeah:

Nole fan
03-23-2010, 05:43 PM
get Federer out of your sig if you are gonna slander him

I have Federer in my sig because I like him but I'm not a fedtard like you who can't see right from wrong... I'm really impartial when it comes to him which means that I'm no blind to the man's less glamorous traits and he has some. But I admit he's a great guy. :yeah:

elessar
03-23-2010, 05:52 PM
I have Federer in my sig because I like him but I'm not a fedtard like you who can't see right from wrong... I'm really impartial when it comes to him which means that I'm no blind to the man's less glamorous traits and he has some. But I admit he's a great guy. :yeah:
I think you have Federer in your sig because the rest of the top 6 would feel lonely there without him :hug:

Arkulari
03-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Nando :o

Nole gives the warmest handshakes IMO, Roger and Rafa also do some nice ones, specially to each other ;)

Sunset of Age
03-23-2010, 06:29 PM

Ah, I understand. You don't even trust Rafa's own words, so you're in principle saying he's a LIAR. You continuously insult the guy who Rafa himself holds in high esteem. You are the epitome of a 'real' Rafafan! :worship:

DrJules
03-23-2010, 06:42 PM

Is it necessary for you to be so nasty and insulting to decent other posters on this website.

You post a vast amount of player hate (1 player to be specific) and now are insulting posters.

Sjengster
03-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Is it necessary for you to be so nasty and insulting to decent other posters on this website.

You post a vast amount of player hate (1 player to be specific) and now are taking to the posters.

All true, but equally there's no need to feel that wounded by the words of someone for whom a full stop is an alien concept.

DrJules
03-23-2010, 06:46 PM
All true, but equally there's no need to feel that wounded by the words of someone for whom a full stop is an alien concept.

Agreed.

jcempire
03-23-2010, 06:46 PM

who cares!

icedevil0289
03-23-2010, 08:14 PM

lol, do you think before you type? Seriously, please consider using that thing between your ears. It comes in handy.

anyways, I don't know about other fed fans, but I certainly wouldn't have cared all that much if fed lost the AO this year, considering he's won so much already.