Miami 2010 - SF loss to Roddick: 6-4 3-6 3-6 :tape: :tape: :tape: [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami 2010 - SF loss to Roddick: 6-4 3-6 3-6 :tape: :tape: :tape:

Metis
03-21-2010, 04:56 AM
The title says it all. :shrug: :lol:

Official site: http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/

WEDNESDAY START

Main draw: Monday, March 22, Noon

Doubles draw: Wednesday, March 24, 6:00 p.m.

How far will Rafa go in Miami? (1000 points :hearts:)

1st - Bye
2nd - acionescu :armed:
3rd - JolanGago, Luinir, Start_da_Game
4th -
QF -
SF - Minn, nashty
F - Betty, Getta, Xristos
W - born_on_clay, Foxu, greenhotchilipep, MariaV, Metis, RafaFan95, SnooFoo, star, tennizen

acionescu
03-21-2010, 08:25 AM
2nd round, confirmed :sport:

Luinir
03-21-2010, 09:50 AM
3rd round

born_on_clay
03-21-2010, 12:08 PM
wait for the draw guys :)

greenhotchilipep
03-22-2010, 04:04 PM
wait for the draw guys :)

yup, me too, some hour rest to the draw out

Foxy
03-22-2010, 04:25 PM
I want Rafa to be in Fed's half. I want it to be clear before the draw.
Just bring it on, baby! Time for Miami revenge.

l_mac
03-22-2010, 07:17 PM
The Draw. Nalby in 3rd round :tears: (rafa's section in blue :D)

[1] FEDERER, Roger vs bye
QUALIFIER vs STARACE, Potito
[WC] MOYA, Carlos vs SERRA, Florent
BYE vs [26] MONTANES, Albert

[20] SIMON, Gilles vs bye
ZEBALLOS, Horacio vs SEPPI, Andreas
RAM, Rajeev vs DE BAKKER, Thiemo
BYE vs [16] BERDYCH, Tomas

[10] VERDASCO, Fernando vs bye
KOROLEV, Evgeny vs SELA, Dudi
HANESCU, Victor vs FALLA, Alejandro
BYE vs [23] MELZER, Jurgen

[25] BAGHDATIS, Marcos vs bye
LORENZI, Paolo vs CHELA, Juan Ignacio
ROBERT, Stephane vs BECK, Andreas
bye vs [7] CILIC, Marin

[3]MURRAY, Andy vs bye
FISH, Mardy vs MAYER, Leonardo
LACKO, Lukas vs BERRER, Michael
bye vs [29] LOPEZ, Feliciano

[19] WAWRINKA, Stanislas vs bye
QUALIFIER vs ALMAGRO, Nicolas
QUALIFIER vs QUALIFIER
BYE vs [13] YOUZHNY, Mikhail

[9] GONZALEZ, Fernando vs bye
FOGNINI, Fabio vs QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER vs CUEVAS, Pablo
bye vs [22] MONACO, Juan

[31]TIPSAREVIC, Janko vs bye
PETZSCHNER, Philipp vs QUALIFIER
LUCZAK, Peter vs HERNANDEZ, Oscar
bye vs [5] SODERLING, Robin

[8]TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried vs bye
CLEMENT, Arnaud vs GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo
CHIUDINELLI, Marco vs MAYER, Florian
bye vs [28] KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp

[17] ISNER, John vs bye
QUALIFIER vs RUSSELL, Michael
KOELLERER, Daniel vs ROCHUS, Christophe
bye vs [12] FERRERO, Juan Carlos

[12] FERRER, David vs bye
LLODRA, Michael vs [WC] HARRISON, Ryan
QUALIFIER vs GIMENO-TRAVER, Daniel
bye vs [24]KARLOVIC, Ivo

[30] TROICKI, Viktor vs bye
NALBANDIAN, David vs KUBOT, Lukasz
DENT, Taylor vs QUALIFIER
BYE vs [4] NADAL, Rafael

[6] RODDICK, Andy vs bye
ANDREEV, Igor vs QUALIFIER
HAJEK, Jan vs STAKHOVSKY, Sergiy
bye vs [32] BENNETEAU, Julien

[18] ROBREDO, Tommy vs bye
MATHIEU, Paul-Henri vs QUALIFIER
GREUL, Simon vs BECKER, Benjamin
bye vs [11] LJUBICIC, Ivan

[14] MONFILS, Gael vs bye
SCHWANK, Eduardo vs GICQUEL, Marc
[wc] ANCIC, Mario vs CHARDY, Jeremy
bye vs [21] QUERREY, Sam

[27] BELLUCCI, Thomaz vs bye
KRAJINOVIC, Filip vs BLAKE, James
ROCHUS, Olivier vs GASQUET, Richard
bye vs [2] DJOKOVIC, Novak

JolánGagó
03-22-2010, 07:34 PM
MIT pick: QF

Betty
03-22-2010, 07:55 PM
MIT:final

acionescu
03-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Double in doubles, I suppose :scratch:

Taylor Dent :scared: :unsure:

Minn
03-22-2010, 09:18 PM
SF :scared:

born_on_clay
03-22-2010, 11:12 PM
MIT: Win,please
It's time to win this one ! :D:D
Vamos

Foxy
03-23-2010, 04:11 PM
W for me!

I believe I am still 3 out of 3 in MIT as Rafa won the doubles in IW, or not? At least I should have got half the points...

Getta
03-24-2010, 01:26 AM
runner-up

greenhotchilipep
03-24-2010, 04:22 AM
Win, pls win for me and for you , rafa, it;s time,the 3 rd time for the 1st time it;s you

vamos Rafa

tennizen
03-24-2010, 06:14 AM
Win:rocker2:

Snoo Foo
03-24-2010, 06:40 AM
win

Metis
03-24-2010, 11:39 AM
MIT:final

:o :armed:

Double in doubles, I suppose :scratch:

that goes without saying :shrug:

Metis
03-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Doubles draw comes out tonight :yippee:

RafaFan95
03-24-2010, 03:16 PM
I have a good feeling. I think he will win.

MariaV
03-24-2010, 03:41 PM
OK OK, WIN it is, it's about bloody time! :armed:

JolánGagó
03-24-2010, 03:43 PM
I change my pick: 3R

shawshank
03-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Bad news :( Rafa is having some wisdom teeth problems :( http://www.marca.com/2010/03/24/tenis/1269462694.html

As if it weren't enough, Rafa will play Dent in R2 ;)

Metis
03-24-2010, 11:48 PM
Confident Nadal 'Feeling Great' :rocker2:

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2010/Tournament/Miami-Wednesday-Nadal-Confident.aspx

Miami, USA

Rafael Nadal is ready to make a hard charge at the Sony Ericsson Open title after saying that he passed his comeback test in Indian Wells with flying colours. :tape: Before stepping out at the BNP Paribas Open, Nadal had not played since the Australian Open, where he retired in the third set of his quarter-final with Andy Murray. :sad: But after a semi-final run in Indian Wells and claiming the doubles title with fellow Spaniard Marc Lopez :worship:, Nadal said that he is full of confidence heading into the Sony Ericsson Open. :dance:

“I am feeling great. I was fast, I was aggressive, I was moving very good in Indian Wells. I was very happy how I played. I was playing at my best level during the tournament.” :yeah:

Oddly enough, Nadal said the only part of his body giving him trouble at the moment was his wisdom teeth. :awww: :hug: “ I have to take out all, but not now,” Nadal said. “I didn't practise for a few days. I started to practise yesterday afternoon. I’m hoping it be better today and tomorrow.”

Nadal is a two-time finalist at the Sony Ericsson Open and has reached the quarter-finals or better three consecutive years. In 2004 he announced his potential to the world with a shock straight-sets win over Roger Federer in the third round. :worship: Federer had his revenge in a gripping five-set final the following year and in 2008 Nadal lost to Nikolay Davydenko in the final. :mad:

At a media conference yesterday Nadal revealed that he enjoys playing doubles and says that it benefits his singles game.

“I play because in these tournaments these are very long tournaments, and you have day off almost after every match you win; the doubles is like a practice for me,” he said. I don't practise, I play doubles. So I still in competition and you have to play every day, change the situation. But having the day off is easier, and I play with a friend and I enjoy. [Doubles] improves the volley. I improve the aggressive return, so I do a lot of things." :sport:

Seeded No. 4 at this event, Nadal will open his campaign against the winner of German qualifier Rainer Schuettler and big-serving American Taylor Dent. :scared: :unsure: The Spaniard is seeded to meet Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the quarter-finals and Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals.

:D

Xristos
03-25-2010, 04:52 AM
F for me please.

nashty
03-25-2010, 06:26 AM
SF please.

though I hope he does better than that.

Start da Game
03-25-2010, 07:29 AM
third round........kind david eats him for lunch........

acionescu
03-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Why isn't he playing with LiLo? :tears:

star
03-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Mit: Win

star
03-25-2010, 08:05 PM

LiLo must rest to preserve his awesomeness/adorableness

l_mac
03-25-2010, 09:56 PM

He has to throw Tomeu a crumb. He took time out of his busy schedule to travel with Rafa to IW and Miami. Rafa says he makes the time go faster :inlove:

Metis
03-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Speaking of the doubles, here is the draw: :D

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/403/mdd.pdf

Vamos! :rocker2:

Metis
03-26-2010, 12:04 PM
OOP for FRIDAY, MARCH 26

STADIUM start 11:00 am
A Dulgheru (ROU) vs [4] V Azarenka (BLR) - WTA
O Rochus (BEL) vs [2] N Djokovic (SRB) - ATP
[14] K Clijsters (BEL) vs P Kvitova (CZE) - WTA
T Dent (USA) vs [4] R Nadal (ESP) - ATP

Metis
03-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Update:

1st - Bye
2nd - acionescu
4th -
QF -
SF - Minn, nashty
F - Betty, Getta, shawshank, Xristos
W - born_on_clay, Foxu, greenhotchilipep, MariaV, Metis, RafaFan95, SnooFoo, star, tennizen

shawshank
03-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Final for me :(

Metis
03-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Nadal-Dent 6-4 6-3!

1st - Bye
2nd - acionescu
4th -
QF -
SF - Minn, nashty

acionescu: being out of the doghouse is actually a good thing for you :hug:

http://www.failpix.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/dog_fail.jpg

Metis
03-27-2010, 09:55 AM
It's doubles time :banana:

OOP for SATURDAY, MARCH 27

GRANDSTAND start 11:00 am
[Q] S Giraldo (COL) vs [13] M Youzhny (RUS) - ATP
[25] M Baghdatis (CYP) vs J Chela (ARG) - ATP
[WC] R Nadal (ESP) / B Salva-Vidal (ESP) vs [2] B Bryan (USA) / M Bryan (USA) - ATP
[9] F Gonzalez (CHI) vs [Q] Y Lu (TPE) - ATP

born_on_clay
03-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Nalbandian ? :unsure:

RafaFan95
03-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Okay, the first match won. If he wouldn`t won yesterday i would be angry but i expected this. So, now Nalbandian is a good player but Rafa is much better!

Metis
03-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Nadal/Salva Vidal - Bryan/Bryan: 0-6 3-6 :(

No IW-Miami double... :sad: Serves him right for dismisssing MLo. :(

star
03-27-2010, 08:17 PM
When are we having MIT doubles?

LiLo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tomeu.

Foxy
03-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Is Rafa OK? How is his tooth? That scoreline, even in doubles even against one of the best doubles players, scares me a bit.

Metis
03-28-2010, 01:02 PM
OOP for SUNDAY, MARCH 28

[14] K Clijsters (BEL) vs [17] S Peer (ISR)

Not Before 1:00 PM
[WC] D Nalbandian (ARG) vs [4] R Nadal (ESP) :scared: :unsure:

:lol:

Metis
03-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Press conference after the 2nd round:

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2010/Interview-Transcripts/Interview-Transcripts/Extra-Column/Rafael-Nadal-SecondRound.aspx

March 26, 2010

R. NADAL/T. Dent

6 4, 6 3

Q. Obviously a good start. Nice tidy win. Your serve wasn't broken. Is that how you drew it up, how planned?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yes, was good start for me. Play against Dent is always a difficult match because you don't have rhythm.
You know, I have my chances on the return, small ones, only few ones, and I did. I converted, and I have three breaks against his unbelievable serve he has.
So I happy for that with my victory. 6 4, 6 3 is comfortable win against a difficult opponent.

Q. Djokovic lost. Is it advantageous to you when a player like Djokovic is out of the draw?
RAFAEL NADAL: I am in second round, no, or third. I only have the chance to play Djokovic in semifinals, no? Sorry for him. He's a lose for tournament. He's one of the biggest, you know, biggest stars of the tournaments, and it's important lose.
And for me, you know, doesn't matter, no, because I am in the other side. So remains a lot of matches.

Q. The other night, on Tuesday, you were practicing around 8:00 in the evening. I saw you hit purposely a lot of balls went like way out. Was there anything in particular you were training on, or...
RAFAEL NADAL: Way out?

Q. (In Spanish.) You actually broke two strings twice. Was there anything in particular? You were hitting really hard.
RAFAEL NADAL: All I know it was the first day for me to practice here.

Q. Getting your range?
RAFAEL NADAL: I have to adapt a few days, no? If you watch the match the practice of yesterday of me, I practiced very well.
But when you arrive a different place, always the first day it's not easy.

Q. The other day you said you were having problems with your tooth. How is it? Have you seen any dentist since?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, it's better. It's better. It's not perfect, :( but it's much better.

Q. Are you gonna get it pulled after the tournament?
RAFAEL NADAL: (Through translation.)
I will have to do it, I think, yeah.

Metis
03-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Nadal-Nalbandian 6-7 6-2 6-2 :bigclap:

1st - Bye
2nd - acionescu
4th -
QF -
SF - Minn, nashty
W - born_on_clay, Foxy, greenhotchilipep, MariaV, Metis, RafaFan95, SnooFoo, star, tennizen

JolanGago, Luinir, Start_da_Game: you were hoping for the surprise but it wasn't meant to be

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/3/23/129138429040325153.jpg

born_on_clay
03-28-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm so happy now :)

MariaV
03-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Our baby Rafa's presser. I hope his tooth won't bother him too much until he gets back home. :awww: :sobbing:
March 28, 2010
R. NADAL/D. Nalbandian
6 7, 6 2, 6 2

An interview with:

RAFAEL NADAL

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You had to play some of your very best tennis today to beat David. Were you surprised how well he played?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, no, I am not surprised, no? I know how well he serve and how well he can play. Well, I know for sure, because, you know, the first two meetings against him how was, 62, 6 1, 6 4, 6 0 for him.
So when you go another time on court against one player with this talent, you are always a little bit scared. I started the match playing pretty well, really good. And, yeah, he has the break back, and in the tiebreak I have 5 4 and I did amazing double fault by two meters.
After that, you know, was there that the match was close. But I think having a long first set for everything was better for me than for him, no?
If I win because if I win the set, for him gonna be difficult still believing on the victory. And if I lose the set, is because probably he is more tired than me. I felt that.
He had important chance in the beginning of the second. I served with the 15 40, well, good game, and after that I played well. I felt he was a little bit more tired than me. He started to have more mistakes, and was a little bit easier for me to play.

Q. What makes him so good? He's beaten Roger eight times. Is it the backhand? Just the whole package?
RAFAEL NADAL: Everything, I think. He's very complete player.
Anyway, look, I'm very happy to see him back after important surgery. He's a close friend of mine. He is talent, no? :yeah: :worship: :bowdown: He can play very easy. He can make very difficult things very easy.
So, you know, when he's playing at his best level he makes you feel like you are nothing in the middle of the court, no?
So I think it's strange that one player like David don't have a Grand Slam victory, because he has everything to win.

Q. With Murray and Djokovic out, you have a big chance to gain ranking points on them. Do you think about that at all in this tournament?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think about me, no? That's like a league, and every tournament is like another match. We will see what's happening end of the season, no?
For me, every match is important. I try to do my best in every tournament, in every moment when I am on court. Well, for me, doesn't affect a lot if Murray or Djokovic is outside if I lose today.

Q. But the best players are expected to maintain such a great level all the time, and when they don't reach that level, people are surprised. How difficult is it to keep that level for the whole time?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, you know for a long time about tennis, and probably we are in a moment of the tennis, the last few years, that the top players are unusual. They never lose in the first rounds, no?
That's very difficult to do it all the time, and these players, the top players, we are doing without losing in the first round for a long time. Seems when one time happen that like everyone is surprised, but you don't know how tough is be mentally ready all the time and playing enough well all the time.
Because every match decides for a few moments, and if you are not 100% and you have a little bit bad, not the best luck on the draw, you can go out very soon. You show 'em Rafa! :yeah:

Q. I know you never like to look ahead, but you realize the tournament would love to see you against Roger in the final; the fans would love to see it. Do you care who you see in the final as long as you're there?
RAFAEL NADAL: If I am in the final, I don't care. (laughter.)
For me, important thing is try to be in the final. But, you know, I am in fourth round for me, no, so it's far away from that moment. Step by step, and sure it's important win for me today and I very happy for that.
I very happy how I am doing in this American hardcourt season. Every match right now I want to be really important for me, and every victory give me confidence. :) :hug: :hug:

Q. You'll play David Ferrer, another friend, I'm sure.
RAFAEL NADAL: Sure.

Q. Tough out, right?
RAFAEL NADAL: Sure. He's a very good player from the baseline. Unbelievable. Very fast. He can play very good with his forehand, no? He's very tough. Gonna be very tough match tomorrow. :awww:The day after tomorrow

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2010/Interview-Transcripts/Interview-Transcripts/Extra-Column/Rafael-Nadal-Third-Round.aspx

bokehlicious
03-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Those pressers :rolleyes: :tape: I wonder if he's as boring when he hits the bed... Poor poor Xisca.

MariaV
03-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Those pressers :rolleyes: :tape: I wonder if he's as boring when he hits the bed... Poor poor Xisca.

:p I imagine it gets quite boring after a while, to give those pressers after every single match. :zzz: :o

But about bed, naah, if only I were at Xisca's place and if it was boring I could make it interesting in bed myself. I bet I could 'cheer' Rafababy up in no time. :devil: :D :angel: Ooops sorry for the off-topic. :o :o :o And unlike me Xisca is hardly poor. :D :p

MariaV
03-29-2010, 01:25 PM
qaOLpqFuCWk

Interview after the match. To me the blind grandma his cheek doesn't seem swollen. But as I said, I'm blind.

Betty
03-29-2010, 01:27 PM
:p
But about bed, naah, if only I were at Xisca's place and if it was boring I could make it interesting in bed myself. I bet I could 'cheer' Rafababy up in no time. :devil: :D :angel: :p

well said:devil::worship:

JolánGagó
03-29-2010, 01:37 PM

at least he's got a Xisca.

Metis
03-30-2010, 01:17 PM
OOP for TUESDAY, MARCH 30

[[8] J Tsonga (FRA) vs [12] J Ferrero (ESP)

[3] V Williams (USA) vs [6] A Radwanska (POL)
[6] A Roddick (USA) vs B Becker (GER)
[15] D Ferrer (ESP) vs [4] R Nadal (ESP)

Metis
03-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Nadal-Ferrer 7-6 6-4

Let's leave it at that... :bolt:

born_on_clay
03-30-2010, 11:48 PM
Fuck, what a bad performance from Rafa
Stats:

03-31-2010, 01:39 AM
Rafa defeated Ferrer 7-6 and 6-4. Sadly I again missed Rafa Match time :banghead: I got on the TV just in time to see Rafa's outfit at the end of the Match :eek: Who comes up with those outfits for him anyway :rolleyes:

born_on_clay
03-31-2010, 07:57 AM
Tsonga - Nadal matchup is a QF ;)

Metis
03-31-2010, 10:31 AM
OOP for WEDNESDAY, MARCH 31

Y Chan (TPE) / J Zheng (CHN) vs [8] E Makarova (RUS) / S Peng (CHN)

[WC] J Henin (BEL) vs [2] C Wozniacki (DEN)

Not Before 3:00 PM
[6] A Roddick (USA) vs [33] N Almagro (ESP)
[8] M Fyrstenberg (POL) / M Matkowski (POL) vs [2] B Bryan (USA) / M Bryan (USA)

Not Before 7:00 PM
[9] S Stosur (AUS) vs [14] K Clijsters (BEL)

Not Before 9:00 PM
[8] J Tsonga (FRA) vs [4] R Nadal (ESP)

RafaFan95
03-31-2010, 11:36 AM
Vamos Rafa! But against Tsonga it will be a heavy match. But Rafa will win!

RafaFan95
03-31-2010, 11:38 AM
It was not the best match from him but i am happy because he win. But against Tsonga he have to play better.

MariaV
03-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Welcome, RafaFan95! :wavey: Yes he's got to play better against Tsonga.

Metis
04-01-2010, 03:46 AM
Nadal-Tsonga 6-3 6-2 :bigclap:

1st - Bye
2nd - acionescu
4th -
QF -
SF - Minn, nashty
W - born_on_clay, Foxy, greenhotchilipep, MariaV, Metis, RafaFan95, SnooFoo, star, tennizen

Massive FAIL avoided :yeah:

born_on_clay
04-01-2010, 03:48 AM
great performance from Rafa !

04-01-2010, 03:56 AM
A great win for Rafa :D He played tonight like he never had any knee problems. But as someone who has knee problems I know they can flair up at any time :scared: I just hope Rafa can avoid any additional problems with his knees :unsure:

Castafiore
04-01-2010, 08:05 AM
March 31, 2010

R. NADAL/J. TSONGA

6 3, 6 2

An interview with:

RAFAEL NADAL

Q. Were you checking the soccer about Barcelona?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I saw the match. I saw the match, yeah.

Q. How did to feel out there tonight?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, it's amazing going on court with this atmosphere. Full court. Crowd was always very emotional here.
It's very, very I'm very happy to play at this level tonight against very difficult opponent like Jo.
It's very important victory for me. I'm very happy for that.

Q. Look ahead to Andy. You guys played quite a few times?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, you know, when you play against Andy always is a big challenge. His serve, and he's a very good competitor. He's a winner. Gonna be very tough match, no? I think I have to play my best tennis to try to win.
That's what I gonna try, and I think being in semifinals another time is very good new for me. Sure, right now remains a little bit more, and gonna try my best to win this title?

Q. Ian Tiriac said this week that he doesn't understand why you don't play Madrid. The tournament will continue to be a great tournament without you. What's your opinion?
RAFAEL NADAL: Ian Tiriac probably doesn't know if I play Madrid, or not because it's in my schedule, so...

Q. When you take a decision if you played Madrid or not?
RAFAEL NADAL: I play Madrid. I told you before. I said Madrid is in my schedule. Probably or Ian Tiriac don't know about my schedule, or you understand bad from him.

Q. Does playing Andy seem more like a final than a semifinal?
RAFAEL NADAL: A final? Looks like semifinal. Semifinal. You know, we're in semifinals here.
Every match is difficult. No one anticipate final in this tournament. It's very difficult tournament; and the matches are difficult.
You know, the other side of the draw is still very hard, too. It's a semifinal. It's a very difficult semifinal. I think it's a good semifinal against two of the best players of the world.

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2010/Interview-Transcripts/Interview-Transcripts/Extra-Column/Rafael-Nadal-QFs.aspx

Tiriac :rolleyes:

Rafa, please drop Madrid from your schedule. :armed:

Match point:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9m2Sd4rDYFM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9m2Sd4rDYFM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MariaV
04-01-2010, 08:27 AM
OK this with Madrid is really ridiculous. Rafa, don't you dare to play there!!!!! :armed: He'd be dead for RG anyway. :haha:
I missed the introduction to the match so could anyone tell me who was the umpire at Rafa vs Tsonga?

gorgo1986
04-01-2010, 12:55 PM
I see the haters are in full force on general messages must mean that Rafa is doing something right. He went for his shots against Tsonga, he played more aggressive than I have seen in months and totally outplayed him. I really hope he keeps playing like this, makes the finals and destroys Soderling(if he even makes it to the final)!

Metis
04-02-2010, 01:12 AM
OOP for FRIDAY, APRIL 2

STADIUM start 1:00 PM
[4] R Nadal (ESP) vs [6] A Roddick (USA) - ATP

MariaV
04-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Haaaaahaaaaaaa, Söderling or Berdych in the final, even if Rafa should beat Roddick he'd lose the final again anyway. :rolleyes: :sad: :o :help: :mad:
I almost dread clay now, we can only hope he hasn't lost all his confidence with this title drought. :o

born_on_clay
04-02-2010, 08:30 PM
I have no words to comment today's loss

When the hell Rafa will bring all the stuff together and win something?

He's crap right now

Some stats:

Metis
04-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Nadal-Roddick 6-4 3-6 3-6 :o :tape:

1st - Bye
2nd - acionescu
4th -
QF -
SF - Minn, nashty

Betty, Getta, shawshank, Xristos, born_on_clay, Foxy, greenhotchilipep, MariaV, Metis, RafaFan95, SnooFoo, star, tennizen: what you're all thinking right now is...

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/2/12/129104827832398459.jpg

Minn, nashty: Congrats! :hatoff:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/epic-fail-elephant-win.jpg

MariaV
04-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Well that was pathetic if I may say so. :o :o

Minn on her way to take back the coveted MIT trophy like Fediva took back the AO and Wimbledon trophies that Rafa had so cruely taken away from his hands and tarnished? :hatoff:

Minn
04-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Betty, Getta, shawshank, Xristos, born_on_clay, Foxy, greenhotchilipep, MariaV, Metis, RafaFan95, SnooFoo, star, tennizen: what you're all thinking right now is...

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/2/12/129104827832398459.jpg

Minn, nashty: Congrats! :hatoff:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/epic-fail-elephant-win.jpg :lol: Great finds as usual, Metis.

Lessons to be learned: Don't wear a skirt to the zoo and...well, I don't know what lessons Rafa will learn from this match and tournament but hopefully he learns and improves.

(Also, why a woman would wear shoes like that somewhere where there's bound to be animal poo is beyond me. :o)

Well that was pathetic if I may say so. :o :o

Minn on her way to take back the coveted MIT trophy like Fediva took back the AO and Wimbledon trophies that Rafa had so cruely taken away from his hands and tarnished? :hatoff: Rafa and I will join forces to win RG and Wimbledon. ;)

shawshank
04-02-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm devastated with this loss :( I was so sure that Rafa will play in the final :( He has no more strong mentality :(

born_on_clay
04-03-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm devastated with this loss :( I was so sure that Rafa will play in the final :( He has no more strong mentality :(

Agreed

Rafa used to be a final set monster
Now he seems to be on Mallorca fishing insted of putting everything on court

Damn it !

JolánGagó
04-03-2010, 12:17 PM
pathetic.

his mental and testicular fortitudes are gone forever :sobbing:

Metis
04-03-2010, 02:40 PM
A. RODDICK/R. Nadal

4 6, 6 3, 6 3

An interview with:

RAFAEL NADAL

Q. What do you think made the difference out there in today's match?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I think I started the match playing pretty well in the beginning. Later I had the match, well, under control in the first set with my serve.

Later in the second set Andy was serving well. No, I didn't have a lot of chances on the return. He play very aggressive game and started to play more aggressive in the game where he did me the break. It was a change, and it was surprise foe me.

After that, in the third, you know, he put more pressure on my serve, attacking more. He was serving very regular, pretty well the third, second. Just congratulate him. He's playing really well. Yeah.

Q. Did you expect him to play serve and volley so much on his second serve?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, he can do it well, no? Well, yeah, I didn't return very well today, but he did well. He played well.

Q. Now when you look back, what would you do? Would you do something different?
RAFAEL NADAL: You can always do. You can always do different things, no? But you never know. It's very early to say what I had to do it.
Yes, just keep working like this, keep improving. You know, two semifinals in a row, first two Masters 1000 of the season for me is positive. Positive American hardcourt season, first part. So, yeah, happy for that.
I am playing well. I had very good matches in these two tournaments. That's the positive things. Worst thing I lost two semifinals in three sets. That's it.
Just if you are there, you gonna have your day. You're gonna win one day. I am happy how I am doing.

Q. Did you feel the match turned a little bit in the second set when he got the break after the defensive lob and then offensive lob? Did you feel the momentum switch there?
RAFAEL NADAL: You know, the match change. He attacked he has put more pression with his forehand on my serve.
I wasn't ready to play better in that moment, and that's makes the difference.

Q. Did you feel your forehand was a little bit off as the match went on?
RAFAEL NADAL: I was playing well with the forehand. I had few mistakes in the last games, but, you know, when you are break down in the third and against Roddick, you feel pressure. That's it, no?
No, I am feeling great.

Q. Are you happy to be getting back on the clay?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, no. I am feeling really well playing in all the surfaces, and I hope the clay help me a little bit more.
But, I don't I am happy for everything. I started the season well. I am playing well. You know, clay gonna have probably if I am playing well more chances.

Q. Yeah, but you've talked about how the clay is better for your body I meant more.
RAFAEL NADAL: That's much better, sure.

Q. Is it harder or easier to go and play against a guy who you know is always gonna put you under pressure and is a very good competitor? Does that make you mentally sharper, or is there a fear factor?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, no, when you play against the best was world players like Andy. Anything can happen. I won against him few times. In Indian Wells, two semifinals. No, I was ready to win, no?
Yeah, I know him. He's a very good player, very good competitor. If you go down a little bit like I did today in the second and in the third, he beat me, no?
So just congratulate him and wish him the best of the luck for the final.

Q. Did he play any differently than the matches before? Did you notice anything different, or was he the same Andy?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I didn't feel.

Q. Do you feel like you're getting closer and closer to winning a tournament again?
RAFAEL NADAL: 7 6 in the third last week in semifinals; 6 4 in the third right now this week, or 6 3. Doha I have the chance. Too match points. I am there.

Q. Have you been working on anything specifically during this hardcourt season that you want to improve in your game?
RAFAEL NADAL: I try to play more aggressive with my forehand, going to the net more times, and trying to play with rhythm all the time. Trying to go more inside than usual, and I did well.
I had a lot of very good matches. Today wasn't the best, and last week's semifinals was the worst. But for the rest, I can feel this is very positive.

Q. Is Andy one of the better thinkers that you play against, Rafa? Obviously you dominated the first set with the forehand. He seemed to be more aggressive with his forehand and return of serve. Is he a good thinker out there?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, yeah, sure. But at the same time he was more aggressive in the second set because I played a little bit shorter and I serve a little bit worse. :mad:
Always is like this. I think if I played more aggressive he didn't have his chance to go, to play like he did in the second set, more aggressive in that moments, no?

Q. You're very well known for your fighting ability. People admire and love that about you. Then you have this break and some issues and problems. Are you completely back in terms of how your spirit feels going out to play the matches, the hunger to win matches? Are you completely back now?
RAFAEL NADAL: Completely sure. I'm very happy how I am doing. You know, today was a lose, but my motivation is full.
I worked a lot to be where I am, and I am feeling I told you before the tournament, and I will tell you another time right now I am ready to do everything, no? I think I am ready to play my best, and I did for moments.
That's the way. Just gonna try my best in Monte Carlo now. :unsure:

born_on_clay
04-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Rafa, you'd better win Monte Carlo :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mimi
04-07-2010, 07:47 AM
:hysteric::shout: