Indian Wells QF: Soderling def. Murray 6-1 7-6(4) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Indian Wells QF: Soderling def. Murray 6-1 7-6(4)

Dyraise
03-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Discuss!

Chiakifug
03-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Sod felt guilty for not giving the crowd a match so choked badly but regained form when he thought he gave them enough. Such a giver. :worship:

scoobs
03-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Pretty much a hammering until the very end.

Soderling played a very aggressive but clean match, didn't give Murray many freebies at all, served pretty well, thank you very much.

Murray was underpowered, lost for a strategy, not serving great, and missing things like sliced backhands, his shots were generally landing with nowhere near enough depth and Soderling was given time, height and position to just whale away with those huge groundies.

And then Soderling choked serving for it at 30-0 at 5-4 having missed 2mps in the last game, the key thing here is that Andy took advantage but he was given an advantage to take - up until then Soderling gave him nothing.

And then at 0-30 his own serve at 5-6 Soderling woke up again, tightened the game up again and stopped the charity, and normal service resumed in the tiebreak.

It was entirely out of Andy's hands today, he had no way of controlling proceedings, his only openings came when Soderling faltered, and when he recovered, that was that.

SheepleBuster
Simon Reed?

rubbERR
söderling = the man

rocketassist
The way Murray played it would have been a travesty had Soderling handed the match over.

Just hope Robin goes on and wins it now.

Sham Kay
Well deserved. Made it harder than it should have been, but comfortable at the end. Kudos to Robin, Go win this thing.

philosophicalarf
Murray was awful every match this tournament.

Soderling was outstanding every match this tournament.

Nothing changed today, so the result was correct. Everyone was anticipating Murray would lift his game under the challenge (previous matches being so soporifically easy). He didn't, at all.

LocoPorElTenis
03-20-2010, 12:29 AM
SöderKING :worship:
unstoppable when he's on. Tournament is his to lose now.

marquez
murray :rolls:

pride of gb

Kiman
Makes you wonder which is more benign these days, Murray's rally shots or Novak's serve.
Think both of them have overachieved so far this year considering the way they play.

guga2120
Pathetic stuff from Andy, to lose to Soderling, like that.

ReturnWinner
Toad couldve won 62, 63 or 64 and almost choked but finally overcame that 0 30 in 5-6. He outplayed Murray completely
good for the game.

Smoke944
Awful choke, but definitely made up for in coming from 0-30 down in the next game and winning the TB.
Overall, a total beatdown. Way to go, Robin :)

Clydey
Good performance from Toad. Murray was a joke. This is what happens when you sit around and feel sorry for yourself for a month. You get a beating from guys like Soderling.

tangerine_dream
03-20-2010, 12:30 AM
I wonder how long it will take before Murray finally shakes off the AO loss?

The chinless Swede wonder is annoying as usual.

Ad Wim
Hahaha, real contender this Murray, will drop below 7000 points after this tournament :lol:

SheepleBuster
Yes. It would have been a shame if Soderling hadn't recovered.

Aaric
Let´s go :worship:
Almost choked tough :scared:

Orka_n
Today is a good day! :cool:

UsD.AnDreS
F..ck you Soderling..what didn't you like at 6-1 6-3 scoreline?? shit...
Soda was a complete beast the most part of the match today imho and the guy keeps my draw challenge alive. Come on,man

nanoman
Super BH to go 2 MP's up.

Murray has lost the plot after losing the AO final.

guga2120
SöderKING :worship:
unstoppable when he's on. Tournament is his to lose now.

Nadal, beats him in 2.

rocketassist
Pathetic stuff from Andy, to lose to Soderling, like that.

Nadull should be ashamed.... :lol:

SheepleBuster
03-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Oh and Roddick & Nadal will be dancing in the streets tonight. Soderling will be tough but Murray owns Roddick.

«Ivan»
:haha:

in your face feldman.lost 400+ points,playing like nole at his 15,had a little luck because robin scared at the end.

the worst 15 years of tennis.top players play like the worst amateurs.

feldman?any smart comment,excuse?

Jimnik
Too good from Toad. Nothing much MAndy could do.

RAndy next; with a 2-0 h2h. :eek:

Soda has a real shot at the title here.

FlameOn
Well done Robin! :rocker:

Clydey

Soderling played a very aggressive but clean match, didn't give Murray many freebies at all, served pretty well, thank you very much.

Murray was underpowered, lost for a strategy, not serving great, and missing things like sliced backhands, his shots were generally landing with nowhere near enough depth and Soderling was given time, height and position to just whale away with those huge groundies.

And then Soderling choked serving for it at 30-0 at 5-4 having missed 2mps in the last game, the key thing here is that Andy took advantage but he was given an advantage to take - up until then Soderling gave him nothing.

And then at 0-30 his own serve at 5-6 Soderling woke up again, tightened the game up again and stopped the charity, and normal service resumed in the tiebreak.

It was entirely out of Andy's hands today, he had no way of controlling proceedings, his only openings came when Soderling faltered, and when he recovered, that was that.

Out of his hands in the sense that Soderling is a better player? If so, that makes no sense.

tyruk14
Make no mistake, Murray played fine. Not great, I'll concede, but nor was he flat or down-and-out.

Soderling was godly today. He saved tennis again. Very pleased for him.

marcRD
Murray hit like 7 non-serve winners against Söderling's 28! Tennis won today.

abraxas21
Even though, Murray didn't seem to be at his best, Robin played a great match.

Now better win this, boy.

OnyxRose
Murray made Robredo look better today. Awful, awful awful.

Orka_n
03-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Nadal, beats him in 2.:lol:

yesyesok
Well done Sod. Still I'll be rooting against you in the next round, go ROD!

ApproachShot
Soderling should have closed out the encounter when he was serving for the match. He deserved the victory, his serve was solid and he went for pace and depth off his groundstrokes. Definitely the more aggressive of the two.
Murray only got 51% of first serves in, only converted 1 of 8 break point opportunities and his body language in the second set tiebreak was so negative. That is never a good sign for Murray's game.

ossie
even though murray cost me a lot of v-money to day im happy because of a possible soderling-nadal matchup

scoobs
03-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Out of his hands in the sense that Soderling is a better player? If so, that makes no sense.
Out of his hands in the sense that given where Murray is apparently at right now, and where Soderling is at, Murray had nothing to hurt Soderling with. Aggression, when he tried it, failed. Defence failed, shots too short, no pressure on Soderling. Volleying failed the odd time he tried it. 76 in that second set is fairly flattering to Murray.

Persimmon
Looks like a Brit will never win IW...

rocketassist

Bad match-up perhaps.

The RG match with Nadal was out of Nadal's hands, so why not?

Corey Feldman
like Federer, its amazing how Murray retreats into his old bad habits when playing the tournaments outside the GS's :help:

Clydey
03-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Out of his hands in the sense that given where Murray is apparently at right now, and where Soderling is at, Murray had nothing to hurt Soderling with. Aggression, when he tried it, failed. Defence failed, shots too short, no pressure on Soderling. Volleying failed the odd time he tried it. 76 in that second set is fairly flattering to Murray.

Fair enough. Can't disagree with that. I think Andy's response to losing the AO final has been, frankly, pathetic. He sat around and licked his wounds, didn't practice, or play any tournaments.

Roamed
03-20-2010, 12:35 AM
YESSS! Soderling... :hearts:

Voo de Mar
Soderling luckily escaped from a choke of the year (IMO against Murray it would've been 70-30 for the Scot in the hypothetical third set). Good experience for him, firstly close to make a huge choke, then showed some mental strength comming back from 5:6 (0-30). This match also showed how important first game of the match can be (Soderling saved 4 break points there).

Jomp1

Based on today, absolutely. Past success means squat when it comes to daily form.

guga2120

Yeah, I wonder why that was?:confused:

Persimmon
Murray has lost the plot after losing the AO final.

AO finalist curse:eek:

Unless your name is Federer or Sampras losing the AO final has been a curse in the past years or so:eek:

Har-Tru
03-20-2010, 12:36 AM
like Federer, its amazing how Murray retreats into his old bad habits when playing the tournaments outside the GS's :help:

As opposed to when he plays the GS's?

:lol:

ReturnWinner
this slow court fits Soderling better as He has more time to hit his groundies and Murray shots aren't too penetrating,

Clydey
Bad match-up perhaps.

Because Murray isn't Nadal. His strokes are flatter (apart from today). The opportunity to lean on every ball generally isn't there.

harrywang5
At this level you can't leave it up to your opponent. Murray's strokes were hardly clearing the service line. If he did hit past it, he would yell "come un":wavey:

l_mac
Good performance from Toad. Murray was a joke. This is what happens when you sit around and feel sorry for yourself for a month. You get a beating from guys like Soderling.

I'm really surprised that Andy has let that loss affect him so much. I wasn't expecting him to greet on court like he did after the match, and his attitude since then has been disappointing.

Really poor from Murray today, and far too good from Toad.

Sky analysts :cuckoo:

scoobs
Fair enough. Can't disagree with that. I think Andy's response to losing the AO final has been, frankly, pathetic. He sat around and licked his wounds, didn't practice, or play any tournaments.
Yep and I don't think he's done with it yet, that ghost has not been laid to rest. He's back to his very irritable self even early on in matches, moaning, cracking his racquet, and the shouting towards his support team has also made an unwelcome reappearance. Mentally he seems to not be in a very good place, I think there's a crisis of confidence here.

Corey Feldman
As opposed to when he plays the GS's?

:lol:Yes, need reminded how he slapped Nadal around a few months ago?

Clydey
03-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Based on today, absolutely. Past success means squat when it comes to daily form.

Hilarious. One win and Soderling is suddenly a better player than Murray.

habibko
clinical from Soda except for choking when serving for it, Murray's serve a little off today and his passive short groundies would have never got the job done against quality opposition.

first Tipsarevic and now Soderling, Murray no longer the b-o-3 sets king?

Andi-M
Robin :yeah: played really well. Ive seen him better though, its not like he was unstoppable.

It was Andy that was terrible. I am worried about him, Federer really has broken his heart. But I dont know we'll see what hapens in Miami. Both him and Djoker seem depressed and lost with their gmes atm. I hope they both get it back soon.

marcRD

Murray plays better in master series than in grand slams, who are you trying to fool here?

DrJules
03-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Soderling played very impressive tennis, but mentally fragile.

abraxas21
Murray only got 51% of first serves in and his body language in the second set tiebreak was so negative. That is never a good sign for Murray's game.

yup, i only watched from the last game of the first set onwards and murray's body language was always so negative. from what i saw, it was clear that he wasn't playing at this best.

still a great win by soda. i don't think he'll beat nadal in an eventual final but dreaming is for free :)

leng jai

There are plenty of players that are "better" than Murray when they play their top tier game.

henke007
Superb day for Tennis, Murray was outplayed most of the match thank good he won that tiebreak after that terrible choke at 5-4 30-0 and after 3 MP.s in Murrays servegame at 3-5 15-40 + Ad, take the title now :worship:

Clydey
Yep and I don't think he's done with it yet, that ghost has not been laid to rest. He's back to his very irritable self even early on in matches, moaning, cracking his racquet, and the shouting towards his support team has also made an unwelcome reappearance. Mentally he seems to not be in a very good place, I think there's a crisis of confidence here.

He looked utterly indifferent at the start of the match. He has a habit of giving opponents a headstart and acting casual about it. He did it in the AO final and he did it today.

Kiman
Of course, except at Murray's age Federer was wining Indian Wellses left and right.

LocoPorElTenis
03-20-2010, 12:39 AM

When a player like Söderling is on, it is indeed on his hands (against a player like Murray). But he's not on as consistently, and has been injured often, hence hasn't achieved as much.

Smoke944
03-20-2010, 12:39 AM

Yes, of course Murray didn't play well. With his tremendous talents Soderling wouldn't have stood a chance had the great Andrew Murray shown up.

scoobs
03-20-2010, 12:40 AM
He looked utterly indifferent at the start of the match. He has a habit of giving opponents a headstart and acting casual about it. He did it in the AO final and he did it today.
Yep, apparently it hasn't sunk in yet.

alter ego
03-20-2010, 12:40 AM
So this is the game that kicks Murray's ass. No neutral balls on which Murray to feed on, just pure power. The diffrence between the Del Po/ Murray match up and Sod/Murray is that Sod moves a lot faster than Del Po and has a better 1st serve IMO.
Great stuff for Sod, bar the overheads (if I remember corectlly he had 3 put-aways, none of them were hit with confidece, got lucky with the first one as Murray picked the wrong corner, but the other 2 nearly cost him the match(.

philosophicalarf
03-20-2010, 12:41 AM
this slow court fits Soderling better as He has more time to hit his groundies and Murray shots aren't too penetrating,

Yup - Murray's run to the final last year may be a touch misleading. PHM didn't turn up, Boredo retired, Ljubo not quite good enough against a defensive/returning wall, and Fed exploded.

After all, Murray doesn't play well on clay, which has a similar bounce response to PlexipaveIW (deliberately made that way), at the extreme end of the Category 1 rating, the slowest hard court surface anywhere. Nobody would be much surprised if Soderling beat Murray on clay.....

Clydey
There are plenty of players that are "better" than Murray when they play their top tier game.

That's a matter of opinion and certainly isn't something that can be discussed in black and white terms. There are far too many variables to ever discuss whose best is better.

DrJules
I'm really surprised that Andy has let that loss affect him so much. I wasn't expecting him to greet on court like he did after the match, and his attitude since then has been disappointing.

Really poor from Murray today, and far too good from Toad.

Sky analysts :cuckoo:

Nadal would have exploited that mental breakdown from Soderling unlike Murray.

Chris Waddle
Our boy has not only stopped being a little girl on the court. He might be the best player in the world this week...:) That first set was amazing, and the backhand at 30-30 in the last game...:worship:

Jomp1
03-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Hilarious. One win and Soderling is suddenly a better player than Murray.

You obviously lack reading comprehension, or just read what you want to read. The original post you replied to was impossible to misunderstand, yet you manage, twice.

Sunset of Age
03-20-2010, 12:42 AM
WOW! :bounce:

Great, if not perfect performance from Söderling in that first set. A hammering, indeed. There wasn't much Murray could do at all. And just like yesterday with Berdych, the fact that Murray's 1st serve seemed to be completely OFF had a lot to do with that, hence the breadstick.

2nd set saw what I think was indeed a choke by Robin at the end, when he should have served it out at 5-4 - a glimpse of the 'old' Söderling when he used to be a headcase. Fortunately, he set things right in the TB (despite that DF).

Murray had no chance whatsoever against Söderling today. :worship:
Congrats Robin! :hatoff: - and even more :worship: because like all week, he showed most of all, that he isn't that 'fluke' that some made him be.

:haha: at Bet365's commentators calling this a 'massive surprise'. Guess some of them haven't been watching Robin ever since Rotterdam started off. :o :help:

The Roddick-Söderling match will be something to look out for. :yeah:

At least you're a good sport Clydey! :hug:

scoobs
03-20-2010, 12:43 AM
So this is the game that kicks Murray's ass. No neutral balls on which Murray to feed on, just pure power. The diffrence between the Del Po/ Murray match up and Sod/Murray is that Sod moves a lot faster than Del Po and has a better 1st serve IMO.
Great stuff for Sod, bar the overheads (if I remember corectlly he had 3 put-aways, none of them where hit with confidece, got lucky with the first one as Murray picked the wrong corner, but the other 2 nearly cost him the match(.
It is, but there are things on his side of the court that Murray could have done better that might have made a difference, tennis isn't played in isolation with one player completely in control. Had Murray served 10% first serves better, had he not consistently hit so many forehands painfully short, Soderling would have had to work much harder and the result might have been a bit different.

In general I agree with you that this style of play can blast Murray off court if it's executed well enough but Murray give Soderling a bit of help with the eviction today as well.

Clydey
03-20-2010, 12:44 AM
You obviously lack reading comprehension, or just read what you want to read. The original post you replied to was impossible to misunderstand, yet you manage, twice.

Thanks for educating me, Joe.

rocketassist
03-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Don't think I've seen a GS final defeat affect a player in such a way.

Roddick better move out the way tomorrow and let's have some Toad-cooked bacon on Sunday.

Clydey
03-20-2010, 12:46 AM
It is, but there are things on his side of the court that Murray could have done better that might have made a difference, tennis isn't played in isolation with one player completely in control. Had Murray served 10% first serves better, had he not consistently hit so many forehands painfully short, Soderling would have had to work much harder and the result might have been a bit different.

In general I agree with you that this style of play can blast Murray off court if it's executed well enough but Murray give Soderling a bit of help with the eviction today as well.

Precisely. That is why debates over whose best is better are pointless. There are so many variables to consider.

Guille.
Fucking amazing, Robin:worship:

Kiman
Our boy has not only stopped being a little girl on the court. He might be the best player in the world this week...:) That first set was amazing, and the backhand at 30-30 in the last game...:worship:
Outstandingly brave shot, when you look at some comic decisions he made a serve game before.

McAlistar
Andy was very bad today, he just seemed to be playing with no confidence. He should have won the second set after the Sod choked but then he sort of choked to be realising if he won the set he could have a great chance to win the match. Well played Soderling though, that 140mph serve after the double fault in the tb shows how far hes came. If he plays like that he will win there is no doubt.

Jomp1
Thanks for educating me, Joe.

You're welcome.

http://photos.commongate.com/11/38441_7dtr2scy8f_m.jpg

Orka_n
03-20-2010, 12:47 AM

Roddick better move out the way tomorrow and let's have some Toad-cooked bacon on Sunday.Amen to that.

Corey Feldman
03-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Of course, except at Murray's age Federer was wining Indian Wellses left and right.true

the good old days when Fed applied himself the same way at all tournaments

Persimmon
03-20-2010, 12:48 AM

Two words: Guillermo Coria.

Certinfy
03-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Can't believe how much I dislike Murray now :o

But anyway Robin :yeah: Awesome performance as a whole!

scoobs
03-20-2010, 12:49 AM
If Murray goes that route I will not be amused.

I'm on lookout now for the DFs to explode.

Ichiban1920
03-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Murray sucks, glad to see soderking kick that Overrated pusher off the court.

rocketassist
03-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Coria came back after that and nearly beat Nadal in a best of 5... :lol:

Har-Tru
03-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Yes, need reminded how he slapped Nadal around a few months ago?

Another recent example please?

bizzle
03-20-2010, 12:51 AM
I hate everyone right now

Persimmon
03-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Coria came back after that and nearly beat Nadal in a best of 5... :lol:

He was never the same. Just kept losing finals after that and his career was over.

LinkMage
Hand the title to Nadull now. :zzz:

One time I wanted Mugray to win, he pulls out this crap. :o

laurie-1
I haven't seen the match but I had a feeling Soderling would win - the way Robin plays agressively, that's the sort of player that gives Murray a lot of trouble.

l_mac
Precisely. That is why debates over whose best is better are pointless. There are so many variables to consider.

:haha: I'll remember this post.

gillian
03-20-2010, 12:53 AM
What the ? How did this happen?

rocketassist
03-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Another recent example please?

In his last six slams, two finals, a semi final at Wimbledon against an inspired Roddick and a QF at RG which is as good as he can hope for on the red stuff. Not as bad a slam record as people make out.

Clydey
03-20-2010, 12:56 AM
:haha: I'll remember this post.

Doubtful. It's hardly a memorable post.

Sunset of Age
03-20-2010, 12:56 AM
Hand the title to Nadull now. :zzz:

One time I wanted Mugray to win, he pulls out this crap. :o

Please explain why you think that Muzzawuss in his current form would have a better chance against Nadal than Söderling? :confused:

Besides that, it might still be Roddick playing him in the final.

Machiavelli
03-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Expected stuff, when the fine swede pulls out his a game , murray has nochance but to pray for brainfarts, almost happened, that bh Down the line was out of this world.....

Har-Tru
03-20-2010, 12:58 AM
In his last six slams, two finals, a semi final at Wimbledon against an inspired Roddick and a QF at RG which is as good as he can hope for on the red stuff. Not as bad a slam record as people make out.

Not a bad record, but he's hardly produced his best tennis in the slams as Feldman maintains.

rocketassist
03-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Please explain why you think that Muzzawuss in his current form would have a better chance against Nadal than Söderling? :confused:

Hope not, would be such a boring beatdown :zzz:

Machiavelli
03-20-2010, 12:59 AM

The same roddick that can't hit a winner against boredo apart from serving; roddick is a disgrace, bigger pusher then nadull, murray or berlocq.....

rocketassist
03-20-2010, 01:00 AM
Not a bad record, but he's hardly produced his best tennis in the slams as Feldman maintains.

The two Nadal wins in those slams were probably his best ever performances.

scoobs
Soderling vs Nadal would be a worthy final.

LinkMage

Soderling is mentally weak, he will surely choke against Nadull. Mugray isn't.

As for Robo Rod, he has zero chance of beating Nadull.

Rafito with another cupcake draw. Has he reached his 1000th cakewalk draw already? :confused:

Jimnik
03-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Hope not, would be such a boring beatdown :zzz:
Nadal might win a few games and keep it tight.

gillian
03-20-2010, 01:02 AM
I guess I should be glad my dream of a Nadal/Roddick final is still alive.

Sunset of Age
03-20-2010, 01:02 AM
Soderling is mentally weak, he will surely choke against Nadull. Mugray isn't.

Is that so? I can well remember IW last year, where Muzza got an ass-spanking, as well as a certain GS tournament, where that 'fluke' Söderling happened to do pretty well against Nadal. :scratch:

Ewww. I should not respond to folks calling Rafa 'Nadull' anyways I gather. :rolleyes:

ExcaliburII
03-20-2010, 01:03 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggest call of my life.

DJ Soup
03-20-2010, 01:03 AM

funny, Coria and Murray have very similar gamestyles

coonster14
03-20-2010, 01:04 AM
hahahaha, nice work soderKing, and thanks for knocking out that pusher!!!

should be a good one between soderKing and a-rod!!!

Har-Tru
03-20-2010, 01:05 AM
The two Nadal wins in those slams were probably his best ever performances.

Wouldn't go that far, but still his performances inbetween (one year of tennis) have been subpar for his standards.

Jomp1
03-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Is that so? I can well remember IW last year, where Muzza got an ass-spanking, as well as a certain GS tournament, where that 'fluke' Söderling happened to do pretty well against Nadal. :scratch:

Ewww. I should not respond to folks calling Rafa 'Nadull' anyways I gather. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Coming back from the choke-game showed mental strength if anything. Saving 7/8 breakpoints aint too shabby either where he actually pounded in winners on most of them. He got some work to do still, but it's certainly getting there.

Ibracadabra
03-20-2010, 01:08 AM
expected murray has been a mug for awhile.

DJ Soup
03-20-2010, 01:12 AM

oh man, I can't believe Clydey wrote this.
I'm saving this card for whenever it's useful.

We'll start a heated debate about how Murray is not "the real n1" and I'll say:
"YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!"

and quote this that you just said.

leng jai
03-20-2010, 01:13 AM
That's a matter of opinion and certainly isn't something that can be discussed in black and white terms. There are far too many variables to ever discuss whose best is better.

Might as well close down the forum then.

Clydey
03-20-2010, 01:17 AM
Might as well close down the forum then.

Poorly worded. I should have said that it's impossible to determine whose best is better. It's obviously still worth speculating.

Clydey
03-20-2010, 01:19 AM
oh man, I can't believe Clydey wrote this.
I'm saving this card for whenever it's useful.

We'll start a heated debate about how Murray is not "the real n1" and I'll say:
"YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!"

and quote this that you just said.

I have never claimed that Murray is the real number 1. People are fond of putting words in my mouth.

-Valhalla-
03-20-2010, 01:20 AM

^Good analysis.

And although Sods almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, it was a VERY IMPRESSIVE performance all around.

If he continues to play like he did at Rotterdam and now here at IW, he'll gain plenty of new fans, myself included.

Well done Robin :hatoff:

jonas
03-20-2010, 01:22 AM
:hatoff:

jcempire
03-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Murray

Do you know...that I already all in on you. SUCK SUCK SUCK

what hell you doing ...

He got a chance to turn it around in 2nd set....

What the sh-t

DJ Soup
03-20-2010, 01:26 AM
I have never claimed that Murray is the real number 1. People are fond of putting words in my mouth.

that's not the point. the point is you said what you said and I'm using it as a TRAP CARD.

Clydey
03-20-2010, 01:28 AM
that's not the point. the point is you said what you said and I'm using it as a TRAP CARD.

I'd have to contradict myself for that quote to be of any use to you. I don't plan on doing that.

jcempire
03-20-2010, 01:30 AM
Murray wake up

DJ Soup
03-20-2010, 01:36 AM
I'd have to contradict myself for that quote to be of any use to you. I don't plan on doing that.

oh you can't predict the future. But the past is done, and I've seen your posts. ;)

(I'm pulling your leg bro. I don't care about these things)

Clydey
03-20-2010, 01:37 AM
oh you can't predict the future. But the past is done, and I've seen your posts. ;)

(I'm pulling your leg bro. I don't care about these things)

Fair enough. :lol:

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-20-2010, 01:44 AM
wow soderling great win. Murray should be pissed..great chance at moral boosting title missed.

Rafa#Uno:-)
03-20-2010, 01:58 AM
didnt see the match but must been great
6-1 in the first wow

hmm söderking stepping up

yeaahh con gratulation

leng jai
03-20-2010, 02:00 AM

You do have a handsome mouth.

Clay Death
03-20-2010, 02:03 AM

a racist remark at best. :drink::rain::rain:

djb84xi
03-20-2010, 02:06 AM
Well, I predicted this one before it even happened. Murray had absolutely NO game plan against Soderling. He got his ass spanked, and I loved every minute of it. This is the reason Murray will fail to win a slam. He doesn't think smartly. If all he's gonna do is be defensive and slice most of his shots back, he will fail against the top players. Until he gets the point, I don't pick Murray to really do much this year.

Even though I don't care for Soderling, I have to give my props to him for playing a really smart match. He got the job done, and I definitely respect that! :bowdown:

dylan24
03-20-2010, 02:12 AM
i'll never understand toad.
he can do this to muzza
but then he also is the only pigeon who has lost to ginepri this year.

McAlistar
03-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Murray needs a couple of new coaches, to do something with his forehand and mind. Also he has a great service action, he can hit 3 or 4 aces in a row then miss about 5 in a row. Its just unbelievable, hate to say it but at 5-6 0-30 Nadal would have won that set and probably the match. I fear it could get worse on clay, his worst surface unless he wins next week which i think is unlikely now.

harrywang5
03-20-2010, 02:19 AM
Soderling played his average style of tennis. Murray allowed him to beast on him. You can't hit shots that don't clear the service line and rally 5 meters behind the baseline. I mean he let fucking RUSSEL boss him around.

batavlada
03-20-2010, 02:28 AM
Murray

(:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: <- I counted all his fans here.)

Macbrother
03-20-2010, 02:30 AM

Absolutely first class post Scoobs and needs to be repeated. So few people seem to actually grasp this concept. This holds true even at club level.

Nice match Soda. Very much rooting for a Nadal / Toad final.

Clydey
03-20-2010, 02:31 AM

So I've often been told.

janko05
03-20-2010, 02:32 AM
Seem to me that both Murray and Djokovic fell in love with their deffence skills. As though they feel they`re lacking something and are more comfortable being two meters behind the baseline waiting for mistakes rather than to make some of their own.

guga2120
03-20-2010, 02:34 AM
i'll never understand toad.
he can do this to muzza
but then he also is the only pigeon who has lost to ginepri this year.

It's not hard. He's a mindless ballbasher, when he's on he is dangerous, but there is not excatly a plan b with him, if he is not at his best.

rocketassist
03-20-2010, 02:37 AM
It's not hard. He's a mindless ballbasher, when he's on he is dangerous, but there is not excatly a plan b with him, if he is not at his best.

No, Soderling is a clean ball striker, not a 'ball basher'.

Forehander
03-20-2010, 02:53 AM
ok seriously Murray is fked. No confidence whatsoever. Maybe he's just waiting for the clay season lol? Federer ruined what was suppose to be his defining year. A grand slam title becomes harder and harder.

Ichiban1920
03-20-2010, 03:03 AM

So what are the plan Bs for Del Mugro and Nadull who are both one-dimensional ballbashers/moonballers? Idiot.

foul_dwimmerlaik
03-20-2010, 03:25 AM
Please win this now, Bo Carl.

star
03-20-2010, 03:29 AM
Murray needs a couple of new coaches, to do something with his forehand and mind. Also he has a great service action, he can hit 3 or 4 aces in a row then miss about 5 in a row. Its just unbelievable, hate to say it but at 5-6 0-30 Nadal would have won that set and probably the match. I fear it could get worse on clay, his worst surface unless he wins next week which i think is unlikely now.

It seems to me that it's difficult to find someone who Murray will heed. I don't think his coaches advised him to play as he did today.

TMJordan
03-20-2010, 04:59 AM
Taste it Murray you douche

doublebackhand
03-20-2010, 05:13 AM
Soderling FTW!

HKz
03-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Every match Soderling wins makes Everko slit his wrists even more. I can't wait till Soderling surpasses the 4th round at a slam later this year so that Everko will be using MTF at the hospital.

*Jean*
03-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Wow, Robin! :eek: :yeah:

Horatio Caine
03-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Honestly wasn't sure which way the match would go, so this result in itself isn't a surprise.

If Soderling plays a brilliant match, it would take some performance to derail him...and from various reports over the last month or so, it is clear that Muzza's form has been lacking.

Results like these will do his ranking no good at all considering his current schedule. Time to see sense and add a few optional events...starting with Monte Carlo or Barcelona. And if he is lucky enough to receive a WC, do actually turn up and play. :rolleyes:

moon language
03-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Just watched it on DVR. It looked to me like Soderling was moving better than ever. So much for his movement being a liability, he was playing some good defense when he needed it.

As for Murray he still has work to do on his mental game. He lets his frustration consume him too much and in doing so reduces his chances of turning a match like this around which is a waste regardless of how slim that chance may appear.

rhinooooo
03-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Good result for tennis. Great performance from Toad.

Muzza looks in a bad state. I will never understand his mentality though. If you're going to play as shit as this in a tournament and look like you don't care, why not go out swinging?

Jomp1
03-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Just watched it on DVR. It looked to me like Soderling was moving better than ever. So much for his movement being a liability, he was playing some good defense when he needed it.

As for Murray he still has work to do on his mental game. He lets his frustration consume him too much and in doing so reduces his chances of turning a match like this around which is a waste regardless of how slim that chance may appear.

Yep, I'd say his court coverage now compared to earlier is a key to his recent success. He also looks much stronger and well trained and it shows. Earlier he was often late to the ball while now it feels like he's always prepared and good for some defensive counterpunches aswell.

Goldenoldie
03-20-2010, 09:47 AM
After his loss in Dubai and his lack of match practice, this result was not unexpected for Andy. Unless he pulls himself together and has a great Miami (which I very much doubt), he should definitely play some optionals to get his form and confidence back. This was painful to watch.

Björki
03-20-2010, 09:53 AM
to big :)

Robin :rocker2:

Marie88
03-20-2010, 10:09 AM

The toad is a good example of someone who plays aggressively from the baseline. He certainly isn't a ballbasher. Someone like Del Potro is a ball basher who just hits with no angle or variation, just bashing the ball down the centre of the court as hard as he can. That isn't aggressive tennis.

The Toad also moves far better than Del Potro, and probably has an equal reach. It is a shame to see a player like Del Potro win a grand slam, when someone like the Toad who is a much better player has failed to even win a TMS. His mind has held him back. Lets hope he can break that record this week.

born_on_clay
03-20-2010, 10:17 AM
What a disappointing result from Andy...

Precision
03-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Maybe Andy should contact Dr. Marvin Monroe for some mental advice.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7890/marvinmonroe.jpg

;)

dodo
03-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Yes!

Soda King for the title!

SwedSerbia
03-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Söderling are better then this overrated Murray, have known that for an long time, i have been waiting for this match up for soo long.

Murray. WHO ARE YA?

Il Primo Uomo
03-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Andy, get your shit together and come back FIERCE!

madmax
03-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Good job SoderKing:bowdown: Now win the title champ

Yves.
03-20-2010, 11:15 AM
...And Justice for All

cocrcici
03-20-2010, 11:24 AM
...And Justice for All

FlameOn
03-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Robin is a ballbasher, but this isn't a bad thing. I like really aggressive players. :D

sheva07
03-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Great for the game! Well done Robin.

tea
03-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Too much fuss about nothing.:zzz: Maybe Andrew lost concentration here because already prepares himself for great clay run 2010.:p

From now on, SoderKING for the title!:bigclap:

Murray

(:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: <- I counted all his fans here.)

timafi
03-20-2010, 12:39 PM
good riddance to bad rubbish;I mean Murray:wavey:

syc23
Maybe Murray is now concentrating on the slams - didn't Soderling get spanked in the first of of the first slam this year? Talk about playing well for the important tournaments :rolleyes:

Vida
shit, I cant remember when I made a right prediction on murray match.

*Ljubica*
03-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Well done Robin :D Now please go win the title.

Manon
03-20-2010, 01:01 PM
I like them both so...

Start da Game
03-20-2010, 01:12 PM
nothing surprising........these days anyone with decent hitting off both wings can beat this 'tactician turned mug' called andy murray........tipsarevic did it in dubai and soderbash's game clicked yesterday........

murray will continue to lose as long as he keeps hitting shit forehands and employs overly defensive tactics........

Vida
03-20-2010, 01:16 PM
yeah, murray a 'tactician' is an invented quality, intended to add something to his 'great down the line backhand'.

Chiakifug
03-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Maybe Murray is now concentrating on the slams - didn't Soderling get spanked in the first of of the first slam this year? Talk about playing well for the important tournaments :rolleyes:

Murray concentrating on Slams wouldnt be a particularly good idea for him.

Orka_n
03-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Robin is a ballbasher, but this isn't a bad thing. I like really aggressive players. :D"Ballbasher" means a brainless player who always hits with all he's got no matter what position he is in, e.g. Blake. It's an insult. Soderling's style is that of an "aggressive baseliner". :)

Tennis was the winner here.

Start da Game
03-20-2010, 01:27 PM
yeah, murray a 'tactician' is an invented quality, intended to add something to his 'great down the line backhand'.

even though he lacked power, he used to play very cleverly when he rose in 2008........used to mix his game well with slices and frequent forays to the net.......that used to compensate for his weak forehand.......besides, he had good retrieving skills.......when he started thinking on the lines of 'total defense'(passiveness), he started losing his way.......

tea
03-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Murray concentrating on Slams wouldnt be a particularly good idea for him.
Why not? I think he realised that MS and other events are possible to win, multiple times. It might not brings fun anymore. He outplayed all the top players many times there, but the only thing he really DESIRES to do is to outplay Federer in a Slam.. final as they are ##1-2. Focusing himself on GS is a good idea, because I have a feeling that if something motivates Andy he will conquer the goal sooner or later. MTF may think it would be 'later' because of the wasted opportunities, but I think it will happen exactly in time.

paseo
03-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Why not? I think he realised that MS and other events are possible to win, multiple times. It might not brings fun anymore. He outplayed all the top players many times there, but the only thing he really DESIRES to do is to outplay Federer in a Slam.. final as they are ##1-2. Focusing himself on GS is a good idea, because I have a feeling that if something motivates Andy he will conquer the goal sooner or later. MTF may think it would be 'later' because of the wasted opportunities, but I think it will happen exactly in time.

If he only focuses on slams, his ranking will go down and might make him have to play Fed in the QF's.

Leo
03-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Robin is a ballbasher, but this isn't a bad thing. I like really aggressive players. :D

You don't understand what "ball basher" means.

Soderking is not one.

Sander.
03-20-2010, 03:22 PM
How is this possible :bolt:

Congratulations Robin :)

Beat
03-20-2010, 03:53 PM
what a nice result! :D

Noleta
03-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Soda:yeah:

Murray:hug:Didn't think his AO loss can have such an effect on him?He had a great turnaround after losing the UsOPEN final to Fed.

JolánGagó
03-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Pathetic, sad day for tennis.

Muzza get lost.

Machiavelli
03-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Pathetic, sad day for tennis.

Muzza get lost.

Sad day for tennis will only be if Soda somehow manages to lose against Parrera in the final...

He completely outplayed and demolished the scottish pusher...

oranges
03-20-2010, 04:31 PM
the only thing he really DESIRES to do is to outplay Federer in a Slam.. final as they are ##1-2.

In wonderland?

DJ Soup
03-20-2010, 04:37 PM
The toad is a good example of someone who plays aggressively from the baseline. He certainly isn't a ballbasher. Someone like Del Potro is a ball basher who just hits with no angle or variation, just bashing the ball down the centre of the court as hard as he can. That isn't aggressive tennis.

The Toad also moves far better than Del Potro, and probably has an equal reach. It is a shame to see a player like Del Potro win a grand slam, when someone like the Toad who is a much better player has failed to even win a TMS. His mind has held him back. Lets hope he can break that record this week.

what the fuck are you talking about.
Del Potro is the better baseline player. It has been evident in the WTF last year.
Delpo also has way better mental strength.

Farenhajt
03-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Federer dropping out - check.
Murray dropping out - check.
Nole winning the title - oh well.

Still, 2 out of 3 this week ain't bad.

rocketassist
03-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Del Potro is the better baseline player. It has been evident in the WTF last year.

He's a more solid baseline player yes, but Soderling's ground game at its best is miles better.

The difference is mentality.

Orka_n
03-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Delpo also has way better mental strength.Del Potro won with 2 points in a 3rd set tiebreak.. and Soderling was dominating the rallies in that match. Very evident indeed ;)
Delpo has a better running forehand, but I slightly prefer Soderling's backhand. Soderling is also a little quicker. But we'll see who'll have more success this year.

Everko
03-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Murray losing to Flukerling? :rolleyes: Too good

Chiakifug
03-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Everko shittin his pants at the prospect of him playing Nadal already.

Everko
03-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Everko shittin his pants at the prospect of him playing Nadal already.

I am ready for the match. Nadal will rattle Soderling to the core with the beating he will dish out.

I was stating the pathetic result by Muggay

Orka_n
03-20-2010, 05:23 PM
I am ready for the match. Nadal will rattle Soderling to the core with the beating he will dish out.Piggy will get roasted. :toothy:

DJ Soup
03-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Del Potro won with 2 points in a 3rd set tiebreak.. and Soderling was dominating the rallies in that match. Very evident indeed ;)
Delpo has a better running forehand, but I slightly prefer Soderling's backhand. Soderling is also a little quicker. But we'll see who'll have more success this year.

to me it was evident as Soda was winning his games with his serves and when the serve wasn't enough Delpo had the edge when the ball was on play.

foul_dwimmerlaik
03-20-2010, 05:31 PM
In wonderland?
On PlayStation.

rocketassist
03-20-2010, 05:32 PM
to me it was evident as Soda was winning his games with his serves and when the serve wasn't enough Delpo had the edge when the ball was on play.

No he didn't- Soderling either hit winners or unforced errors mostly. There was one gutsy backhand DP played in the TB, but other than that, it was Soderling dictating and hitting either the winner or the UE.

Orka_n
03-20-2010, 05:59 PM
to me it was evident as Soda was winning his games with his serves and when the serve wasn't enough Delpo had the edge when the ball was on play.Edge? What? Del Potro was content with being the pusher in that match. The SF was on Soderling's racket and he lost because of too many unforced errors.
Actually, when I think about it, the only one who's really been able to dominate Soderling since RG09, is Federer in Wimby and USO.

martinatreue
03-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Clean hitter ? - With his ugly stokes , I don´t think so

What exactly is ugly about his strokes? The lack of excessive junky spin? :devil:

Aaric
03-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Unstoppable :bowdown:

FlameOn
03-20-2010, 09:12 PM
"Ballbasher" means a brainless player who always hits with all he's got no matter what position he is in, e.g. Blake. It's an insult. Soderling's style is that of an "aggressive baseliner". :)

Tennis was the winner here.
Robin does hit with all he's got, all the time. :confused:

Like I said it's not always a bad thing in my eyes.

FlameOn
03-20-2010, 09:13 PM
What exactly is ugly about his strokes? The lack of excessive junky spin? :devil:
Don't listen to Bad Religion. He's a moron. :yawn:

oz_boz
03-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Bra jobbat Robin! :hatoff:

Murray is the better of these two at their best IMO, but he was no match for Söderling in his present form. Hope he can shake off the AO final loss.

Still, as I said before the tournament started: Nadal for the title. Would absolutely love to see Robin take it but don't think he has it in him to keep his level up for two full matches. In particular the final will require extremely consistent play - like DrJules said, Nadal would have capitalised on Robin dropping the level of play like in today's 2nd set.

Orka_n
03-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Robin does hit with all he's got, all the time. :confused:He doesn't. :) He chooses his moments to go for broke, actually. That is why he's also pretty consistent.

FlameOn
03-20-2010, 09:37 PM
He doesn't. :) He chooses his moments to go for broke, actually. That is why he's also pretty consistent.
Well hey, we're both fans. All that counts. ;)

Orka_n
03-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Well hey, we're both fans. All that counts. ;)Fair enough. ;)
Now if only the other SF would end! :fiery:

Murray's Mint
03-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Fair play to Soderling but simply awful by Murray. It seems that every time he comes up against a big flat hitter in consitent he is toast. His lack of power today was so evident that he really does need to find a new way to play against these types of players.

gusavo
03-21-2010, 10:16 AM
who told you

lol what

I'm really surprised that Andy has let that loss affect him so much.
who told you that

Nadal would have exploited that mental breakdown from Soderling unlike Murray.
lol what

ossie
03-21-2010, 10:47 AM
not cool soderking not cool

gusavo
03-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Well, I predicted this one before it even happened. Murray had absolutely NO game plan against Soderling. He got his ass spanked, and I loved every minute of it. This is the reason Murray will fail to win a slam. He doesn't think smartly. If all he's gonna do is be defensive and slice most of his shots back, he will fail against the top players. Until he gets the point, I don't pick Murray to really do much this year.

Even though I don't care for Soderling, I have to give my props to him for playing a really smart match. He got the job done, and I definitely respect that! :bowdown:
he played hard shots and made them, playing a smart match. missing a ton and getting really short depth, having no game plan. this forum in a nutshell.
he already has more than one slam at the moment anyway, so well analysed.
how can you possible think so sick shallow and then still think you can say that if he doesent get the point he will do really badly? so absurd

yes, it has been evident that bennetau is better than federer. better serve, too.

Söderling are better then this overrated Murray, have known that for an long time, i have been waiting for this match up for soo long.

Murray. WHO ARE YA?
check the odds...