IW QF: Nadal def. Berdych 6-4 7-6 (4) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IW QF: Nadal def. Berdych 6-4 7-6 (4)

Arkulari
03-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Rafa was always in control of the match but had some mental lapses specially after breaking, Berdych choked a bit in the first set getting broken at love after breaking back but besides that he was pretty impressive mentally speaking :)

http://i39.tinypic.com/24ctgeu.jpg

Fiberlight1
03-19-2010, 05:56 AM
Vamos Rafa.. The legend next!

SheepleBuster
Disgusting crowd but result was expected

tealeaves
nadal was sick in TB, glimpse of old Nadal

abraxas21
03-19-2010, 05:57 AM
nadal hasn't beat any guy below the top 20 this year. now he'll beat ljubo in the semis and with his luck boredo in the finals :)

coonster14
keep going RAFA!!! ljubicic is next.

holagirl56
Rafa was always in control of the match but had some mental lapses specially after breaking, Berdych choked a bit in the first set getting broken at love after breaking back but besides that he was pretty impressive mentally speaking :)

He was pretty average mentally speaking...I completely called that double at 4-4 -___-

His play was really frustrating at times, he would just keep trying to engage Rafa in baseline rallies and set him up for the winner...no way he was going to beat Nadal like that

Certinfy
Berdych and his shitty serve comes back!

Smoke944
03-19-2010, 05:58 AM
The two points after 4-4 tell you all you need to know about this match. The difference between these two players on this surface is mental, not physical.
4-4 DF
5-4 Berdych gets a forehand to attack and feeling the pressure of the situation loops a midcourt sitter for Nadal to hammer for a winner.
:shrug:

Pfloyd
SSbBvKaM6sk

:rocker:

Fiberlight1
nadal hasn't beat any guy below the top 20 this year. now he'll beat ljubo in the semis and with his luck boredo in the finals :)

He just beat Berdych who's ranked 19 :P, well seeded 19.

Geo
Nadal was just too tough. He did give Berdych some looks to attack here and there, but overall he was just better tonight :shrug:

Berdych certainly tried, but as usual he made key mistakes at the wrong times :lol: :o He seems to have hit a wall against the likes of Federer, Nadal... and even Roddick :tape: It's just so hard for him to be super consistent and aggressive at this level. Once and a while he'll be flawless, but usually the very top guys can get that extra ball back and make him press for too much.

Berdych choked after breaking back, and he blew the tiebreak. He had a few opportunities when Nadal hit a passive shot, but made the wrong decisions and paid for it.

Xristos
Nadal IS back.

Mechlan
03-19-2010, 05:59 AM
Berdych shows why he's Berdych and Nadal shows why he's Nadal. Entertaining overall though, some good play by both.

SheepleBuster
Berdych used to somewhat own Nadal but Nadal has improved more than Berdych. Berdych is the perfect dark horse but probably won't challenge for big titles like slams

Certinfy
Berdych loses so many matches again top players in tie breaks :mad:

l_mac
03-19-2010, 06:00 AM
That was harder than it had to be.

Rafa :hearts:

holagirl56
Nadal was just too tough. He did give Berdych some looks to attack here and there, but overall he was just better tonight :shrug:

Berdych certainly tried, but as usual he made key mistakes at the wrong times :lol: :o He seems to have hit a wall against the likes of Federer, Nadal... and even Roddick :tape:

Berdych choked after breaking back, and he blew the tiebreak. He had a few opportunities when Nadal hit a passive shot, but made the wrong decisions and paid for it.

His mental strength has only gotten worse as he's gotten older...early in his career he'd pull the upsets, now he's being upset

:(

Voo de Mar
Nadal is too consistent for Berdych, that's one issue. Another one, Berdych as a younger player used to serve better. I don't know what has happened to him. Usually a player improves his serve in the middle 20's :shrug:

Certinfy
03-19-2010, 06:01 AM
Besides losing to Gulbis, I think his mental side has been a bit better this year than the previous years actually.

And about his serve, I think it's more to do with the fact of that he hardly makes the 1st serve at key moments now.

abraxas21
He just beat Berdych who's ranked 19 :P, well seeded 19.

seeded 19 maybe, but ranked 25.

Priam
Nadal's concentration is still far from 100%. More matches should do the trick. Good match from both.

Sunset of Age
03-19-2010, 06:02 AM
Very entertaining match, great fight! :yeah:

Rafa ended up being the deserved winner, being the better player all throughout the match, but it surely cost him some effort.
Very pleased to see Berdych continuing his good form, and most of all, not folding mentally after getting broken in both sets (even in his 1st serve game in the 1st set) - he gave Rafa a good tough fight, even the more when taking into account that his first serve let him down on quite a few occasions. Perhaps the match had deserved a 3rd set, but the TB was just too much for Tomas, where Rafa once again truly showed his greatness.
Rafa... just awesome, apart from that game in the 1st set where he handed back the break immediately to Tomas. I can't see anyone withholding him from grabbing the title here and it would be much deserved.

Congrats Rafa :hatoff:, :hug: Tomas, kudos to both gentlemen for the excellent fight!

Clydey
03-19-2010, 06:02 AM
Nadal played with good calm and aggressivity.

SheepleBuster
03-19-2010, 06:03 AM
Safarova killed Berdych's career just like Stepanek killed Vaidasova's. Berdych is bouncing back. Nicole? Not so much.

Smoke944
03-19-2010, 06:04 AM
So maybe reports of Rafa's decline due to his knees were slightly exaggerated, huh? :lol:

Topspin Forehand
Great match by Nadal. Glad he won't have to play 3+ hours in this match. Berdych is pretty tough. Night conditions made it easier for Berdych to take it to Nadal on Nadal's serve but also allowed Nadal to get more returns. No wind really helped Berdych. Nadal had to be really on to win this.

jcempire
i said 7-6 7-6 Nadal. it comes 64 76... not too bad

abraxas21
03-19-2010, 06:05 AM
His mental strength has only gotten worse as he's gotten older...early in his career he'd pull the upsets, now he's being upset

:(

come on, let's be fair. nadal is better than tomas and no-one in his right mind was seriously expecting him to win. i hoped for an upset but i knew it wasn't going to happen.
all in all, this was a good match by berdych given the way he mentally handles situations and also given the fact that he had nadal in front of him, probably the strongest mental player in the top 10.

Topspin Forehand
03-19-2010, 06:06 AM
come on, let's be fair. nadal is better than tomas and no-one in his right mind was seriously expecting him to win. i hoped for an upset but i knew it wasn't going to happen.
all in all, this was a good match by berdych given the way he mentally handles situations and also given the fact that he had nadal in front of him, probably the strongest mental player in the top 10.
Many thought 5 years ago that Berdych would have a career that Del Potro is having now. He never got any better though.

abraxas21
03-19-2010, 06:07 AM
So maybe reports of Rafa's decline due to his knees were slightly exaggerated, huh? :lol:

Well, with uncle Toni as the giver of information regarding Nadal's health and MTF as the receiver of that information, you know the end result is just going to be a huge hyperbole with not much of a resemblance to reality.

SheepleBuster
03-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Nadal is fine really. I mean he won't win this tournament as Murray is my pick but he'll probably win everything on clay and Wimbledon too. He will be #1 after Wimbledon I think. So yes. His knees are not falling.

HarryMan
03-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Nadal is an absolute beast when he is in form. If he plays at this level, there is no chance for anyone else to win RG this year.

SheepleBuster
03-19-2010, 06:11 AM
Nadal is an absolute beast when he is in form. If he plays at this level, there is no chance for anyone else to win RG this year.

If Del Po is healthy, I pick him this time on clay. I just think he is ready. But we will see

Topspin Forehand
03-19-2010, 06:11 AM
Nadal is fine really. I mean he won't win this tournament as Murray is my pick but he'll probably win everything on clay and Wimbledon too. He will be #1 after Wimbledon I think. So yes. His knees are not falling.
lol I think he has a real shot due to the high bounces he gets on this surface. This surface suits him more than the Australian Open imo. Desert conditions and a day match should make topspin very effective and take Murray out of his comfort zone. The finals is a day match.
If Del Po is healthy, I pick him this time on clay. I just think he is ready. But we will see
Clay neutralizes Del Potro's biggest strengths. I've never seen anyone blast their way to a French Open before and being out before the clay season doesn't help things.

holagirl56
03-19-2010, 06:12 AM

oh, i didn't expect him to win, but having seen the form he was in the last two matches, i thought he at least merited a third set. of course, against rafa it was going to be tough, but i think that game where he was broken to love in the first set was indicative of a lot -- once he was in a winning position, he let himself down.

i've followed the guy for a while and he's hasn't been improving these last few years...he lingers around the top 15-20 and i don't know what he needs to change in order to rise up the rankings again. it's very clear that it's mental with him. it's a shame because he's such a talent.

*bunny*
03-19-2010, 06:13 AM
Good job, Rafa! :yeah:

ssj100
03-19-2010, 06:15 AM
So easy, Nadal will win everything this year. Never seen such a great player play tennis ever.

SheepleBuster
03-19-2010, 06:15 AM
lol I think he has a real shot due to the high bounces he gets on this surface. This surface suits him more than the Australian Open imo. Desert conditions and a day match should make topspin very effective and take Murray out of his comfort zone. The finals is a day match.

Clay neutralizes Del Potro's biggest strengths. I've never seen anyone blast their way to a French Open before and being out before the clay season doesn't help things.

It's a big if but Del po has heart and is not a mental midget against Nadal on clay. Soderling is not as good as Del po on clay and while I don't expect him to beat Nadal again, he did beat him once :) If you give me Murray, Delpo, Djokovic, and Federer to pick on Nadal at RG, I think Delpo has the best chance to beat him, then Djokovic, Federer, and Murray

ssj100
03-19-2010, 06:16 AM
Nadal will never drop another set on clay for at least 5 years.

abraxas21
03-19-2010, 06:17 AM
oh, i didn't expect him to win, but having seen the form he was in the last two matches, i thought he at least merited a third set. of course, against rafa it was going to be tough, but i think that game where he was broken to love in the first set was indicative of a lot -- once he was in a winning position, he let himself down.

i've followed the guy for a while and he's hasn't been improving these last few years...he lingers around the top 15-20 and i don't know what he needs to change in order to rise up the rankings again. it's very clear that it's mental with him. it's a shame because he's such a talent.

yeah, a third set would have been even better but two tight sets is the logical result.

Mental issues aside, Berdych is good but not that good, imo. He lacks variety and a bit of consistency in his shots.

Sunset of Age
03-19-2010, 06:19 AM
yeah, a third set would have been even better but two tight sets is the logical result.

Mental issues aside, Berdych is good but not that good, imo. He lacks variety and a bit of consistency in his shots.

I'd like to add that certainly in the first set, he was too occasionally too tentative. Which, of course, had a lot to do with the opponent... as it's the opponent that allows you to play your best - or not. ;)

SheepleBuster
03-19-2010, 06:19 AM
It's just too bad that Berdych who beat Reed's #1 player in the world so easily fell to a guy who can never win against Murray in Simon Reed's book. I hear Simon Reed was so tempted to replace Nadal with Verdasco in his GOAT tournament @ EUROSPORT. I mean make it Verdasco vs. Agassi. In the end, Nadal was the loser against Agassi according to Reed

RedFury
03-19-2010, 06:20 AM
Entertaining display with quite a few glimpses of the Rafa of old -- just needs the added concentration that comes from getting match-tough. Should his body finally hold up for a spell it bodes well for the clay season.

I was particularly impressed with how well he's hitting his DTL shots off both wings, shots that had been AWOL from his arsenal for quite some time, both of which he positively needs to be able to dictate from the baseline in order to avoid his recent predictability. Which for the most part, is exactly what he accomplished tonight.

One match at a time Rafa. Stay healthy and both your game and the titles you seek will come together.

Tennis is that much more enjoyable when you are at your best.

gulzhan
03-19-2010, 06:23 AM
Entertaining display with quite a few glimpses of the Rafa of old...

Exactly what I thought! I hope Rafa will add a little in every next match.

Berdych was very good too, the more I watch this guy, the more I respect him.

Topspin Forehand
03-19-2010, 06:23 AM
It's a big if but Del po has heart and is not a mental midget against Nadal on clay. Soderling is not as good as Del po on clay and while I don't expect him to beat Nadal again, he did beat him once :) If you give me Murray, Delpo, Djokovic, and Federer to pick on Nadal at RG, I think Delpo has the best chance to beat him, then Djokovic, Federer, and Murray
Djokovic has already proven to be the one to give Nadal problems. He is one of the few willing to take it to Nadal and be able to stay in long rallys as well. He doesn't let Nadal breath on his serve as he takes everything early. Yes Soderling did beat Nadal but I felt Nadal wasn't right in that match. He wasn't right since Madrid to be honest. I got a strange feeling that Del Potro will lose early to someone. Australian Open suited him more and he couldn't get it done.

holagirl56
03-19-2010, 06:24 AM

i think the lack of consistency comes from his mental issues. i also think his poor movement exposes a lot of his weaknesses...so many times tonight nadal would hit a corner shot and tomas would end up hitting off his back foot, leaving a sitting ball for nadal to swat for a winner.

i love the guy because i remember how exciting he was in 04-06, but he's kind of fallen among a somewhat mediocre crowd and i don't know exactly what he can do to get back. i hope he does take away some good from this match, he really had his chances against one of the best in the world.

SheepleBuster
03-19-2010, 06:28 AM
Djokovic has already proven to be the one to give Nadal problems. He is one of the few willing to take it to Nadal and be able to stay in long rallys as well. He doesn't let Nadal breath on his serve as he takes everything early. Yes Soderling did beat Nadal but I felt Nadal wasn't right in that match. He wasn't right since Madrid to be honest. I got a strange feeling that Del Potro will lose early to someone. Australian Open suited him more and he couldn't get it done.

Del po was injured at Australian open. He almost knocked Federer out at the French last year. Djokovic I don't know. He seems as if he is pregnant on the court. He wins a lot but is not the same player. Yes. The Novak of last year could give Rafa trouble but how many 3 out of 5 setters has Novak won against Rafa, ever?

born_on_clay
03-19-2010, 06:36 AM
:zzz:

Haelfix
03-19-2010, 06:55 AM
I like when Nadal is aggressive by getting closer to the line, hitting deeper and going for dtl shots. Yea he trades off some winners for unforced errors, but it definitely takes the opponent out of a match for a bit and confuses them tactically, especially when one minute he is passively rallying and the next he is going offense (there were even some net rushes).

A very smart match by Nadal. Credit to his team as they probably brainstormed that for awhile (I think they were worried about getting outdone by yet another tall flat hitter, and wanted to reverse the trend).

The worry of course is that by playing that way, its slightly outside of his comfort zone and players can get tense at the wrong time, but still that type of game allowed Rafa to finally take Wimbledon and will be good for his near clay court future.

Generally speaking, he is now the clear favorite to win here. I don't think Murray can deal with Rafa's forehand on this court, as it takes his spin better than just about any hards out there.

Björki
03-19-2010, 07:16 AM
well done Rafa :rocker2:

-Valhalla-
03-19-2010, 07:24 AM
A somewhat unusual match, but from the opening break the end result was never much in doubt. Nadal made things needlessly close with his struggles to consolidate [unusual given that he’s such a great frontrunner] and I thought his serve was a bit off [ring rust?]. It was good to see him hugging the baseline but my overall impression was that if he plays like this on Sunday against Murray, he’ll have MOUNTAINS to climb.

As for Berdych, he looked tight from the start and getting broken in the opening game didn't help matters. Those that picked him to win are stuck in a time capsule from 2006 because clearly he's not the same man. He’s lost that confidence, swagger, and looks more like a humbled man who’s accepted his fates -- that as just a very good player. And although he finished strong, I never got the feeling he believed he could win and his lack of aggression made it clear he was content to keep things close and avoid any embarrassment. I hope he can turn things around.

Best quip of the nite was on a passing shot by Rafa ...

KOENIG: “It’s got so much dip on it!”
GOODALL: “He should be serving it with nachos.”

:lol:

moon language
03-19-2010, 07:27 AM
I got the feeling Nadal was making some of the key shots and winning some of the crucial points that have been alluding him in the past several months. Still some little lapses but overall his confidence looks to be growing. This court obviously suits him so this is a good place for him to kick off a good run of form. His forehand down the line was looking the best it has in quite some time in this match.

Priam
03-19-2010, 07:50 AM
He has to limit those little mental lapses that have been plaguing him since Doha. I have a feeling it'll be a Nadal-Roddick final.

Precision
03-19-2010, 07:55 AM
If Rafa stays healthy he will defend his title, no doubt. :bigclap:

matlock
03-19-2010, 08:00 AM
I like when Nadal is aggressive by getting closer to the line, hitting deeper and going for dtl shots. Yea he trades off some winners for unforced errors, but it definitely takes the opponent out of a match for a bit and confuses them tactically, especially when one minute he is passively rallying and the next he is going offense (there were even some net rushes).

A very smart match by Nadal. Credit to his team as they probably brainstormed that for awhile (I think they were worried about getting outdone by yet another tall flat hitter, and wanted to reverse the trend).

The worry of course is that by playing that way, its slightly outside of his comfort zone and players can get tense at the wrong time, but still that type of game allowed Rafa to finally take Wimbledon and will be good for his near clay court future.

Generally speaking, he is now the clear favorite to win here. I don't think Murray can deal with Rafa's forehand on this court, as it takes his spin better than just about any hards out there.

I agree. Some of the comments about Berdych choking or having mental lapses seem to indicate they were watching a different match or haven't played tennis much themselves. Nadal was ripping every shot and playing very aggressive. He seemed to have a gameplan of not letting Berdych dictate, and carried over his focus from the Isner match where he needed to take advantage of his opportunities. It's been a while since we've seen Nadal play so confidently with his forehand.. Berdych could not do much at all once Nadal took control of the point. When Berdych put Nadal on the defensive I thought he did well to capitalize and earned some breaks back. Very exciting stuff with both players playing well. I wonder what their average groundstroke speed was.

Aenea
03-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Safarova killed Berdych's career just like Stepanek killed Vaidasova's. Berdych is bouncing back. Nicole? Not so much.

Vaidisova has already announced she is stopping with professional tennis and will marry her BF Stepanek in July.

Very good match. Rafa is raising his level with every match he plays. I liked his last performance but those lapses in concentration are something he has to work on. Still I am satisfied with his play so far and I hope he stays healthy. If this happens I have no worries about his season

acionescu
03-19-2010, 08:39 AM
So Berdych wasn't the man after all :awww:

djb84xi
03-19-2010, 09:02 AM
I gotta say it looks like Rafa will repeat as champion, the way he's looking. I want a Rafa/Murray final, just for the sake of Rafa kicking Murray's annoying ass all over the court :eek:

Certinfy
03-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Staight setted but good signs, best tennis I've seen Berdych play for absolute ages this week.

madmax
03-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Ljuba will teach this moonballing clown a lesson soon...if not, Murray will spank his ass again and make him "injured" one more time

Klaas_nalbandian
03-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Good win for Rafa, must give him some confidence. Hopefully he will be back with his best tennis soon

ossie
03-19-2010, 10:01 AM
told ya

Bilbo
03-19-2010, 10:19 AM
i like how some people try to find excuses for berdych like he's a top player :lol:

expected result btw

henke007
03-19-2010, 10:48 AM

Such a phatetic draw really, Berdych choking and Serving like crap really, his serve isn't much to write home about. Atleast Ljubo has a descent serve but he will loose a game in each set atleast anyways.

Rafa needs to meat Soda, Delpo, Roddick, Gonza, Davy or Fed in form.:worship:

Quakes
03-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Ljuba will teach this moonballing clown a lesson soon...if not, Murray will spank his ass again and make him "injured" one more time

As much as I like good old Ivan, I think he knows he's going to be massively outgunned from the baseline - therefore he will rush to the net and gets passed again and again. As for Murray, I doubt if he can outmoonball the original moonballer. If Rafael is going to lose this one, it will be to either Soderling or Roddick - both not very likely anyway.

jonas
03-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Congrats Rafa. Well done. :hatoff:

moon language
03-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Rafa needs to meat Soda, Delpo, Roddick, Gonza or Fed in form.:worship:

If Nadal is in form as well I think he'd like his chances against all of those guys on this court, especially Roddick. What were you thinking including Roddick in that list? :lol:

henke007
03-19-2010, 11:33 AM
If Nadal is in form as well I think he'd like his chances against all of those guys on this court, especially Roddick. What were you thinking including Roddick in that list? :lol:

Well its not superslow in IW, and Roddick actually can serve so i guess thats why is all ;)

Rafa hasn't had any kind of test yet in IW so far.

Before you bring Isners serve up for disscussion, He hasn't got near the stamina of Roddick who can serve solid for 5 sets and more, Hence the match yesterday.

decrepitude
03-19-2010, 12:08 PM

I'm still trying to work this out. Surely everbody he has beaten has been below top 20? Or by below, do you mean lower in pure numbers, i.e. #1-19, rather than ranked below #20?

Aenea
03-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Well its not superslow in IW, and Roddick actually can serve so i guess thats why is all ;)

Rafa hasn't had any kind of test yet in IW so far.
Really? I remember when I read the www threads about his matches first Isner was supposed to be the "real" test and then the in-form Berdych. Now it turns out Rafa hasn't been tested yet. Because they lost they were no "real" tests? Is Ljubo the next "real" test? I suppose until the final if Rafa reached there he won't be "tested".

Foxy
03-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Such a phatetic draw really, Berdych choking and Serving like crap really, his serve isn't much to write home about. Atleast Ljubo has a descent serve but he will loose a game in each set atleast anyways.

Rafa needs to meat Soda, Delpo, Roddick, Gonza, Davy or Fed in form.:worship:

Rod, Gonzo, Fed... Nah... No way.

Rafa#Uno:-)
03-19-2010, 01:55 PM

sport is mental about 65-80% is mental
so this area is critical...
But I guess its a talent to be good mentally.

all areas is important.....
:angel:

Corey Feldman
03-19-2010, 01:59 PM
So maybe reports of Rafa's decline due to his knees were slightly exaggerated, huh? :lol:wait until he gets beat again somewhere

bokehlicious
03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Rod, Gonzo, Fed... Nah... No way.

Nadal is known to toy with an in form Fed on hardcourts, very true that... :retard:

Rafa#Uno:-)
03-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Del po was injured at Australian open. He almost knocked Federer out at the French last year. Djokovic I don't know. He seems as if he is pregnant on the court. He wins a lot but is not the same player. Yes. The Novak of last year could give Rafa trouble but how many 3 out of 5 setters has Novak won against Rafa, ever?

:devil:lol novak pregnant on the court...
but I agree due to the breathing problems he has...
Djoker is not as good as he was with Wilson-raquet...

Djoker to beat Rafa on Roland Garros...
he has to make a miracle with his physical condition to win that.
If Rafa is fit.:wavey:

petar_pan
03-19-2010, 02:10 PM
rafa is back :)
ho loss his serve only because less of matches
great day for tennis

it's disgrace for tennis game to wach djokovic with his nowdays form on 2nd spot. rafa will put him where he belongs: behind of rafa.

Michael Bluth
03-19-2010, 03:30 PM
It sounds like it was a fun match, too bad I missed it.

abraxas21
03-19-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm still trying to work this out. Surely everbody he has beaten has been below top 20? Or by below, do you mean lower in pure numbers, i.e. #1-19, rather than ranked below #20?

i obviously meant the latter :)

the highest ranked player nadal has beaten this year has been isner (ranked 20th). But, to be fair, I reckon he could beat most of the top 20 in this form.

matlock
03-19-2010, 05:13 PM

You're on crack

Certinfy
03-19-2010, 05:20 PM
The only thing that I'll remember from this match is Berdych's smash in the TB, one of the best overheads I've ever seen, if not the best.

JolánGagó
03-19-2010, 05:35 PM
:haha:

what an useless clown Birdshit...

JolánGagó
03-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Berdych used to somewhat own Nadal but Nadal has improved more than Berdych. Berdych is the perfect dark horse but probably won't challenge for big titles like slams

:haha:

LinkMage
03-19-2010, 05:58 PM
:zzz:

Expected Birdshit showing up in the tiebreak with some :retard: UEs and a DF. :o

shotgun
03-20-2010, 12:14 AM
I used to get pretty angry whenever Berdych lost to Nadal, this time I'm just happy he had a good tournament.

Sunset of Age
03-20-2010, 12:19 AM
I used to get pretty angry whenever Berdych lost to Nadal, this time I'm just happy he had a good tournament.

:yeah: And Tomas played well, tried his best, didn't fold mentally.
Anyone still calling him 'Birdshit' after this obviously hasn't watched him lately.