Robredo def. Baghdatis 7-5, 0-6, 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Robredo def. Baghdatis 7-5, 0-6, 6-4

Sjengster
03-18-2010, 02:28 AM
Never in doubt. Well it was, but unlike Federer, Robredo doesn't give you errors on crucial points and always plays the right shot in tight situations. Probable QF against Roddick, coin flip needed for that one for sure.

rubbERR
03-18-2010, 02:29 AM
robredo wasnt boredo this match, very aggressive

Geo
03-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Marcos :retard: :cuckoo: :o :o how the hell can he beat Federer but then lose to Boredo of all people, especially when Boredo had an upset stomach? :o :o :tape:

Marcos is so crazy.

and we all know Tommy will just bend over for Roddick in the QF without a whimper :o :rolleyes:

SheepleBuster
03-18-2010, 02:30 AM
No wonder California is going to hell. I bet no one spoke English in the arena. My goodness. Oh and Baghdatis is still a mug! haha. Beating Fed ain't gonna make you a champ bro

Voo de Mar
robredo wasnt boredo this match, very aggressive

Robredo is always aggressive when the match is going to the end, that's why his record in tight matches is so good.

Henry Chinaski
roddick will probably tank against melzer to avoid another humiliation at the hands of tommy r

Action Jackson
Boredo converted his bp chances and Baghdatis didn't.

rubbERR
just be quiet, robredo was great 3rd set, played good aggressive tennis

Action Jackson
03-18-2010, 02:31 AM
No wonder California is going to hell. I bet no one spoke English in the arena. My goodness. Oh and Baghdatis is still a mug! haha. Beating Fed ain't gonna make you a champ bro

You are the Federer of MTF.

ssj100
Um, what's the surprise here? Always knew Baghdatis was going to lose next round. Federer is just a mug opponent anyway. Stop being so surprised, as if Federer is so good.

Sjengster
I remember Baghdatis was described as the most Federer-like of all the young guns a few years ago, it shows in his shotmaking, early ball-striking and, of course, sparkling breakpoint conversion, as tonight's ratio of 3/16 demonstrates superbly.

rubbERR
03-18-2010, 02:32 AM
Um, what's the surprise here? Always knew Baghdatis was going to lose next round. Federer is just a mug opponent anyway. Stop being so surprised, as if Federer is so good.

stop talking nonsense, federer mug opponent? :haha:

Macbrother
03-18-2010, 02:32 AM
Probable QF against Roddick, coin flip needed for that one for sure.

That's being generous, Roddick has no chance tomorrow. ;)

gulzhan
03-18-2010, 02:33 AM
Lucky Robredo. And Roddick.

rubbERR
03-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Robredo has a chance, he was 0-3 against Sela and 0-4 against Baghdatis ;)

alboX
expected.

bluefork
I was about to post something about my excitement over the potential dogfight between Roddick and Robredo, but I see lots of people already beat me to it.

Damn you, Federer.

JolánGagó
03-18-2010, 02:36 AM
Expected and deserved :banana: :banana:

Bamos Tommy, you're an animal!!

Sjengster
03-18-2010, 02:36 AM
Robredo has a chance, he was 0-3 against Sela and 0-4 against Baghdatis ;)

This particular piece of ownage has lasted almost as long as I've been following tennis, I remember watching their first ever meeting in the US Open 4th round back in 2001. They were the two youngest players in the Top 100 at the time, now they're two of the established veterans and very little has changed.

ChinoRios4Ever
03-18-2010, 02:38 AM
i knew it, NIFD!

Action Jackson
This particular piece of ownage has lasted almost as long as I've been following tennis, I remember watching their first ever meeting in the US Open 4th round back in 2001. They were the two youngest players in the Top 100 at the time, now they're two of the established veterans and yet very little has changed.

Boredo did beat Roddick in juniors once. Roddick even wins it on clay, he has turkey on the menu.

aussie_fan
Robredo played nice aggressive tennis in the 3rd, he was able to take his chances in the 3rd and that was the difference.

SheepleBuster
03-18-2010, 02:40 AM
You are the Federer of MTF.

I just made an observation. It sounded like Madrid in there. Didn't mean to insult the good people of Spain or anything. I am a Rafa fan too.

paseo
03-18-2010, 02:40 AM
Damn. Hey Baghdatis, you suck!!!

Baghdatis72
03-18-2010, 02:41 AM
He beats Federer and today loses to Robredo. Not a big surprise though.

He played without passion, was passive most of the time, let his concentration slip, didn't play the break points aggressively and was the favourite which he doesn't respond well to.

Better luck next time. It's a lesson to be learned (3/16 break points :help: )

tangerine_dream
03-18-2010, 02:42 AM
Bah. Expected disappointment. :(

moon language
03-18-2010, 02:43 AM
Too much celebratory Zivania for Baghdatis last night.

Baghdatis72
03-18-2010, 02:46 AM
There comes a time in ones career where you have to think, act and visualize like a top player to become one. Baghdatis still has the outsider mentality in general against the top players and he needs to get rid of it fast if he will ever go that step further.

The stage is set. The self image needs to change.

marcRD
03-18-2010, 02:48 AM
Boredo is not as boring as his nickname might trick you to belive, I think atleast Murray should get the same threatment to make it fair. Maybe Andy Borray sounds too phony?

-Valhalla-
03-18-2010, 03:03 AM
BOREdo standing eight feet behind the baseline and still dictating play. Fucking ridiculous.

Bags’ conditioning has been tried and found wanting, again. There’s no excuse for this. The Cro-Magnon is just lazy.

orangehat
03-18-2010, 03:14 AM
I thought Robredo was cramping towards the end, so he had an upset stomach?

Excellent play in the last set tommy :yeah:

Probably the only spanish player i really like :lol:

MacTheKnife
03-18-2010, 03:16 AM
This is generally the result when a guy like baghdatis takes out a top seed. Nice work. :lol:

-Valhalla-
03-18-2010, 03:16 AM
No wonder California is going to hell. I bet no one spoke English in the arena.

FYI: The IW/Palm Springs area is very white, very wealthy, and extremely geriatric.

bluefork
03-18-2010, 03:18 AM
FYI: The IW/Palm Springs area is very white, very wealthy, and extremely geriatric.

Which may explain why all the line judges are octogenarians.

kindling
03-18-2010, 03:24 AM
Robredo? seriously?! you beat federer and then lose to Robredo?!!! embarrasing.

lalaland
03-18-2010, 03:47 AM
Robredo? seriously?! you beat federer and then lose to Robredo?!!! embarrasing.

You took the word out of my mouth.

I should have cheered for Fed, at least we know he will beat Robredo for sure :rolleyes:.
So I have to cheer for Roddick now? This IW stinks, for me anyway.

Arkulari
03-18-2010, 03:47 AM
NID, Baggy ended up exhausted and ecstatic after last night's match, still a very good tournament by him :yeah:

seems like Boredo is having a good run here, he should buy Baggy a drink ;)

Stephan
03-18-2010, 04:21 AM
after 6-0 Baggy just relaxed, started to think on IW Final...
it was too early :(

SheepleBuster
03-18-2010, 04:24 AM

Who cares about color or wealth or anything. I was just stating the obvious. California is a state in big trouble. My point was more on illegal immigration than people being white or black. And I didn't mean to insult the good people of Spain.

-Valhalla-
03-18-2010, 04:34 AM
Who cares about color or wealth or anything. I was just stating the obvious. California is a state in big trouble. My point was more on illegal immigration than people being white or black. And I didn't mean to insult the good people of Spain.

Huh? You're the one who said "I bet no one spoke English in the arena" and I pointed out that you're wrong, so STFU.

Certinfy
03-18-2010, 06:40 AM
I love u Tommy! :D

Sander.
03-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Lucky Robredo as usual :yawn:

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Damn this was dissapointing..was looking forward to Baggy vs roddick. I cant stand Robredo :mad:

born_on_clay
03-18-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm really suprised by the outcome of this match

tennishero
03-18-2010, 09:22 AM
very dissapointing from baggy

henke007
03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
:haha::haha:

oranges
03-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Unforgivable Baggy, especially delivering a bagel but losing the other two

Bashak
03-18-2010, 10:25 AM
:o when did robredo's slump end? congrats nevertheless winning after a 0-6 set.

Acer
03-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Tommy ftw!

Har-Tru
03-18-2010, 10:33 AM
:haha:

Corey Feldman
03-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Marcos :retard: :cuckoo: :o :o how the hell can he beat Federer but then lose to Boredo of all people, especially when Boredo had an upset stomach? :o :o :tape:

:lol: because in non-slams thesedays Robredo >>> Federer

player who applies himself to the match >>> performing chimp playing idiotic tennis to impress his celebrity pals in the crowd

muniu
03-18-2010, 11:46 AM
bagieta you fucked my parlay, even Tommy was more agressive than you were, what a boring pusher this baghdatis is

SheepleBuster
03-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Huh? You're the one who said "I bet no one spoke English in the arena" and I pointed out that you're wrong, so STFU.

Well. I respect your point but not your attitude. I didn't mean it in a racial way but you had to go "white this" "poor that."

Angle Queen
03-18-2010, 12:05 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a set (the 2nd) so obviously tanked. Guess the TV coverage usually switches away when it's headed in that direction.

Too bad my eyes closed at 2-2 in the third. Must have been some significantly better play from Tommy in the end. Good job fightin' through the tummy woolies.

-Valhalla-
03-18-2010, 12:41 PM
No wonder California is going to hell. I bet no one spoke English in the arena.
I just made an observation. It sounded like Madrid in there.
Well. I respect your point but not your attitude. I didn't mean it in a racial way but you had to go "white this" "poor that."

My general description of the IW/Palm Springs demographic [white, wealthy, old] was in response to your initial statement "I bet no one spoke English in the arena". IW/Palm Springs is WORLDS AWAY from high latino/hispanic population areas in S. Cal. Get it?

And Cyrusking, please explain in detail the relevance of California’s immigration woes and how it relates to a tennis match between a Spaniard [not a latino/hispanic] and a Cypriot.

-Valhalla-
03-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Also, the crowd were NOT overwhelmingly in favor of Robredo as you indicate. I watched the match on my 52" plasma in HD [not a shitty stream] and they were cheering equally for Bags, and of course, the exciting points.

propi
03-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Tommy :bounce:
Juicy points for him!! Let's hope he's ready for his next match and his problems disappear... Roddick is his nemesis but hey, even Zvereva or Blake managed to beat Graf/Fed at the end.
No matter the result he can finally be happy for his performance in one big tourney this year, I hope he keeps or raises the level for Miami and then Euroclay :hearts:
Extremely hard, almost impossible but yet vamos Tommy :bounce:

SheepleBuster
03-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Also, the crowd were NOT overwhelmingly in favor of Robredo as you indicate. I watched the match on my 52" plasma in HD [not a shitty stream] and they were cheering equally for Bags, and of course, the exciting points.

I am sorry. I thought they were. Especially after a ball of Baghdatis was called out by the ref. I don't know. I could be wrong. I agree with you that I went on a tangent but that arena looked like the bull ring in spain without the clay. At least from what I saw on TV. I admit I have never liked Indian Wells tournament. Can't wait for Miami masters but not before we see a Murray Nadal final :)

Baghdatis#1
03-19-2010, 02:06 AM
Can all the Baggy haters just shut the fuck up for once? :o
I mean how can you make comments when you didn't even see the match :tape:
Marcos didn't play great, but Robredo was ON FIRE :shrug:

SheepleBuster
03-19-2010, 02:47 AM

Let me put it in a way that you can understand. Baghdatis is a very nice guy. He is a very cool character. But he is a mental midget tennis wise. How did he beat Federer? Fed was having a Beneatu moment. That is all. Baghdatis will always be a somewhat OK player but won't challenge for slams or anything like that.

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-19-2010, 04:05 AM

i saw the match and baghdatis was shit

Baghdatis#1
03-19-2010, 11:28 PM
i saw the match and baghdatis was shit

OMG are you a moron? :o
Clearly I know that when I said that Marcos didn't play great :shrug:
But Robredo did, so Marcos couldn't do anything :shrug:
Some people are such retards on this board :rolleyes:

leng jai
03-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Boredo's backhand > Fedclown's backhand

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-20-2010, 01:39 AM
OMG are you a moron? :o
Clearly I know that when I said that Marcos didn't play great :shrug:
But Robredo did, so Marcos couldn't do anything :shrug:
Some people are such retards on this board :rolleyes:

lol dude how am i a moron? because i said baghdatis was crap which he was?. Im sorry but losing the match after winning the 2nd set 6-0 is pathetic. Baghdatis was rubbish, robredo was his ordinary self get over it :shrug:

Ariel
03-20-2010, 03:12 AM
lol dude how am i a moron? because i said baghdatis was crap which he was?. Im sorry but losing the match after winning the 2nd set 6-0 is pathetic. Baghdatis was rubbish, robredo was his ordinary self get over it

Baghdatis played the night before. Could it be that he was exhausted going into the match with Tommy? The Bag has never impressed me as being in the greatest of shape.

As far as Robredo, he was on fire in the third set of that match with Baghdatis. The guy was on a mission stomach upset and all. Now today, he was back to his ordinary self. Robredo did nothing to change up his game against Roddick after losing the first set. Didn't come to net, didn't get the placement on his groundstrokes, didn't move Roddick around. I just think he goes into his matches with Roddick semi, if not totally, resigned to losing. Either that or he gets nonplussed by playing the big serving Roddick on American turf. He couldn't get a read on the Roddick serve that he's faced 10 times before. It's a frustrating job supporting Tommy but someone's got to do it. :angel:

rocketassist
03-20-2010, 03:29 AM
Boredo sucks.

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-20-2010, 04:25 AM
lol dude how am i a moron? because i said baghdatis was crap which he was?. Im sorry but losing the match after winning the 2nd set 6-0 is pathetic. Baghdatis was rubbish, robredo was his ordinary self get over it

Baghdatis played the night before. Could it be that he was exhausted going into the match with Tommy? The Bag has never impressed me as being in the greatest of shape.

As far as Robredo, he was on fire in the third set of that match with Baghdatis. The guy was on a mission stomach upset and all. Now today, he was back to his ordinary self. Robredo did nothing to change up his game against Roddick after losing the first set. Didn't come to net, didn't get the placement on his groundstrokes, didn't move Roddick around. I just think he goes into his matches with Roddick semi, if not totally, resigned to losing. Either that or he gets nonplussed by playing the big serving Roddick on American turf. He couldn't get a read on the Roddick serve that he's faced 10 times before. It's a frustrating job supporting Tommy but someone's got to do it. :angel:

haha well said. i was talking about baghdatis who after beating the world number 1, goes on to lose like this :o

Baghdatis#1
03-21-2010, 12:57 AM
lol dude how am i a moron? because i said baghdatis was crap which he was?. Im sorry but losing the match after winning the 2nd set 6-0 is pathetic. Baghdatis was rubbish, robredo was his ordinary self get over it :shrug:

OMG :tape:
Well I know that Marcos didn't play that well and I said so, but I think Robredo played well when it mattered and you're just not giving him any credit :shrug:

Whatever, I don't have time for people like you who can't even read :spit: