WWW: IW R4 Nadal vs Isner [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW: IW R4 Nadal vs Isner

paseo
03-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Does Isner has a chance? Or Nadal is just gonna routine him?

jcempire
03-16-2010, 02:27 PM
NADAL in 3

70/30

Lefthander ... would be tough for Isner and plus he is nadal

madmax
03-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Isner 6 and 6

Ububub
03-16-2010, 02:57 PM
In yesterday's match, Nadal had no trouble going to his left retrieving wide balls as was his problem last year, and most of them came back for winners. Nadal in 2.

IndyTennis
03-16-2010, 03:03 PM
John could give Rafa a run, but think Nadal has this in 2

VolandriFan
03-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Lefty/lefty, slow court - favours Nadal for a win in 2.

Dyraise
03-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Does Isner has a chance?
No...
Rafa easy in two.

missvarsha
03-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Routine win, with a double break in each set.
6-2 6-3 or a similar scoreline.

duong
03-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Isner certainly has a chance even though I predict Nadal.

I don't understand people's votes unless they think that Nadal is favorite for the title because Isner certainly is one of the toughest players he can meet to win the title.

When Nadal meets a top-10, the vote is "70% he loses", when he meets Isner it's the opposite : this difference is non-sense :shrug:

I can think that Nadal is favorite for the title (even though I wait for his next two matches because he hasn't had opposition so far), but if you don't think he's so strong, then the logic is to say that he will have a hard match.

kindling
03-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Nadal is playing pretty well... but I get the feeling something's about to give. I think Isner's going to confuse him, and Nadal won't be able to stay focused. Isner in 2!

iriraz
03-16-2010, 04:01 PM
If Isner has a higher percentage just like against Querrey like 79% of first serves in,it would be really tough for Nadal to break serve.
All Nadal can do is hold serve and hope for a small chance otherwise it`s the tiebreak lottery

duong
03-16-2010, 04:05 PM
All Nadal can do is hold serve and hope for a small chance otherwise it`s the tiebreak lottery

tiebreak is not only a lottery : differences in percentages between players are quite obvious.

Isner is one of the strongest for that : as Voo de Mar said, he's won nearly two thirds of the one he played, only Federer has done little bit better (Karlovic is not at all, which proves that it's not only about serve, it's about mental strength). Djokovic is also very good for that.

I consider that Nadal and Isner may be the strongest mentally players on tour, then it can be tough (but in tiebreaks Nadal doesn't have such great stats, little bit more than 50% only)

Sophocles
03-16-2010, 04:47 PM
If Isner serves well & gets into a couple of tie-breakers, he should grab a set.

Noleta
03-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Rafa in 3 i think.

Sunset of Age
03-16-2010, 04:52 PM
If Isner serves well & gets into a couple of tie-breakers, he should grab a set.

Perhaps. But that's about the max he might get, some 15% chance of that to happen. Court suits Nadal a lot more than Isner and he's the more allround player. As soon as Isner finds any trouble with his serve, he's toast.

Nadal in two.

Certinfy
03-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Isner in 3.

TennisOnWood
03-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Lord of the Masters in 2

Lopez
03-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Rafa will take this in two IMO, though the high-bouncing surface is as good for Isner's game as it is for Nadal's... John won't have to dig up balls that don't have as much topspin and his serve will bounce like crazy off the court. Nobody likes to return a serve from above their heads :p

docking34
03-16-2010, 05:38 PM
isner in 3 probably.

born_on_clay
03-16-2010, 05:50 PM
6-3 6-3 if Rafa will play ugly, no ?
;)

DartMarcus
03-16-2010, 05:57 PM
I think the 1st set will be a tie-break and the winner will probably go on to win the match!
I cheer for John, but expect Nadal to win something like 7-6 4-6 6-3.

Arkulari
03-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Rafa in three, maybe big John can win a TB ;)

Selby
03-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Clearly anybody who predicts an easy Nadal win hasn't seen any of Isner's matches in the last month or so.

Persimmon
03-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Nadal.

tyruk14
03-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Kneedal in two, but this really could go either way.

Sunset of Age
03-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Clearly anybody who predicts an easy Nadal win hasn't seen any of Isner's matches in the last month or so.

Well anybody who predicts an easy win for Isner hasn't seen Nadal's either. ;)
But of course, upsets DO happen at times. We'll find out soon enough.

Selby
03-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Well anybody who predicts an easy win for Isner hasn't seen Nadal's either. ;)
But of course, upsets DO happen at times. We'll find out soon enough.
Who predicted an easy Isner win? I've seen both of them and I think it's going to be a close one, I think that if Isner serves as well as he can he will be just as capable as Nadal of winning return points

duong
03-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Perhaps. But that's about the max he might get, some 15% chance of that to happen. Court suits Nadal a lot more than Isner and he's the more allround player. As soon as Isner finds any trouble with his serve, he's toast.

Nadal in two.

I also doubt you've watched Isner recently :shrug:

Or you see Nadal as strong as his very-best in 2008 ;)

Sunset of Age
03-16-2010, 06:36 PM
I also doubt you've watched Isner recently :shrug:

Or you see Nadal as strong as his very-best in 2008 ;)

Well, read the Isner-Querrey match thread: you are absolutely right. I haven't watched him yesterday (but I did before).

And no, I need to see more of Nadal before concluding that he's back to his best level. It's of course nonsense to conclude this from his match against Ancic yesterday. But I do see signs of him being back on the right track, yes, and as is the case with Djokovic, too: never write off a great champion too fast. They have this nasty habit of winning, even when not playing at their best. ;)

duong
03-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Well, read the Isner-Querrey match thread: you are absolutely right. I haven't watched him yesterday (but I did before).

And no, I need to see more of Nadal before concluding that he's back to his best level. It's of course nonsense to conclude this from his match against Ancic yesterday. But I do see signs of him being back on the right track, yes, and as is the case with Djokovic, too: never write off a great champion too fast. They have this nasty habit of winning, even when not playing at their best. ;)

I don't write him off at all : I actually think it's a big possibility that he comes back very strong in next weeks.

I also wait for his next matches to know about that.

And yes, champions can win even not playing at their very best.

But you said "15% chance for Isner to take a set" : I mean unless thinking that Nadal is back to his very-best or unless hugely underrating Isner, that's nonsense :shrug:

Dyraise
03-16-2010, 06:51 PM

Isner just can't win this match if Rafa plays ok and Rafa is playing well so there is not much more to say...

Ibracadabra
03-16-2010, 07:07 PM
80/20 in rafas favour. If john serves extremely well he has a 30-40% chance.

jcempire
03-16-2010, 07:09 PM
7-5 6-3 (Nadal owns it)

---------mark it please

oz_boz
03-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Nadal win this.

ssj100
03-17-2010, 04:31 AM
Will be surprised if Isner gets more than 2 games.

abraxas21
03-17-2010, 04:55 AM
Over 30% for Inser? Further proof that a hell of a lot of the members of this forum are high on acid.

gusavo
03-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Isner certainly is one of the toughest players he can meet to win the title.
no

When Nadal meets a top-10, the vote is "70% he loses", when he meets Isner it's the opposite : this difference is non-sense :shrug:
the difference is huge

Perhaps. But that's about the max he might get, some 15% chance of that to happen.
40%, over 20 to win

But you said "15% chance for Isner to take a set" : I mean unless thinking that Nadal is back to his very-best or unless hugely underrating Isner, that's nonsense :shrug:
no, its just nonsense. hes not 15 to win a set.

Orka_n
03-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Over 30% for Inser? Further proof that a hell of a lot of the members of this forum are high on acid.Either that, or they're wishful thinkers. Like me. :angel:

duong
03-18-2010, 11:07 PM
no

the difference is huge

40%, over 20 to win

no, its just nonsense. hes not 15 to win a set.

further proof that this forum is absolutely stupid :shrug:

gusavo
03-19-2010, 04:42 AM
further proof that this forum is absolutely stupid :shrug:
further proof that just about everyone on this forum are absolutely retarded.
my post was perfect. any argument?

duong
03-19-2010, 07:12 PM

my post was not only about yours but also about other comments in the same way.

Your comment had absolutely no argument other than judgments.

Spending time to argue with such comments which I don't understand is a waste of time (yes sometimes I do it, waste my time :o , but not this time ;) )

duong
03-19-2010, 07:13 PM

I was fed-up by all those and in a bad mood to be honest :o

Your comment had absolutely no argument other than judgments :shrug:

Spending time to argue with such comments which I don't understand (I mean not only disagree : not understand like something not coming from a human's rational mind) is a waste of time (yes sometimes I do it, waste my time :o , but not this time ;) ).

Anyway I remember that I gave arguments about that in another thread about "Nadal vs Berdych poll"

jcempire
03-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Will be surprised if Isner gets more than 2 games.

:confused:

What you mean?

gusavo
03-21-2010, 01:40 AM

I was fed-up by all those and in a bad mood to be honest :o

Your comment had absolutely no argument other than judgments :shrug:

Spending time to argue with such comments which I don't understand (I mean not only disagree : not understand like something not coming from a human's rational mind) is a waste of time (yes sometimes I do it, waste my time :o , but not this time ;) ).

Anyway I remember that I gave arguments about that in another thread about "Nadal vs Berdych poll"

Isner certainly is one of the toughest players he can meet to win the title.
hes not one of the toughest players he can meet, of course.

the difference is huge between when he meets a top10 player and when he meets isner.

Perhaps. But that's about the max he might get, some 15% chance of that to happen.
40% to win set, over 20 to win match

no, its just simply nonsense. hes not near 15% to win a set.