Do Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Donald Trump, Paul Allen, Warren Buffett etc work? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Donald Trump, Paul Allen, Warren Buffett etc work?

03-16-2010, 04:47 AM
This may sound like a stupid question..but I have always wondered.

These guys own or are the CEOs of some of the worlds largest companys (Bar DT), all are multi billionaires.

They obviously maintain a presence, hold a lot of board meetings, coffees etc. But do they actually work a 9-5 job? Do they do anything on a day to day basis besides walk around feeling all important, check a few faxes and divert a few calls?

One would think the termites below the CEOs would be doing the work at Microsoft. All these guys have private jets etc, could reitre tommorow and don't need to work. I guess they spend every day at HQ, but do they do much besides aprove big decisions?

Bill Gates is a software engineer and probably still does that for fun, Donald Trump is a television personality so he probably is quite busy too. But do they work a 9-5 like everyone else?

Chip_s_m
03-16-2010, 05:35 AM
They work longer hours than 9-5. These people have become rich and famous because they have put in phenomenal efforts in their chosen professions. They would not have been able to do so if they weren't workaholics. It's not in their nature to veg out all day.

Do they work as hard now as they did when they were starting out? No, probably not, but that doesn't mean they're not grinding it out anymore. They also love what they do, so it's very difficult for them to just drop it. Buffett is practically eighty but still works full-time despite being one of the wealthiest individuals ever. He's not doing it for the money, which he's giving away upon his death anyways.

I work for a company that has worked closely with executives of very large companies. It is a myth that corporate executives don't work hard. They get in early and leave late, and are often in the office on weekends. Read Winning by Jack Welch, former CEO of GE. He mentions how it didn't occur to him until very recently that some people would rather be somewhere other than in the office on weekends. These people frequently neglect their families and their kids often have issues from not knowing their father/mother very well.

Now, I can understand the debate over executive pay and whether they're worth what they receive. It's a myth, however, that they don't work hard (created and perpetuated by the left-wing to justify higher taxes on them).

buddyholly
03-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Sounds like - and is a stupid question.

Kolya
03-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Paul Allen - American Psycho :lol: