Youtube video - Lendl and Edberg pull off similar trick shot in same match [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Youtube video - Lendl and Edberg pull off similar trick shot in same match

laurie-1
03-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Clip I uploaded to youtube yesterday. Both shots happened in the 3rd set of the 1991 US Open semi between the two. Unusual that two players will perform the same shot within minutes of eachother - this was no exhibition match!

S0MH9pyrfw4

abraxas21
03-15-2010, 05:41 PM
thanks for sharing that.

fenomeno2111
03-16-2010, 01:16 AM
Great video, thanks for sharing

-Valhalla-
03-16-2010, 03:42 AM
Speaking of Lendl, I've barely seen him since he retired and I kind of miss him. He'll be facing off against Wilander at an exo on April 10th, but I doubt it will be televised. Hopefully there'll be a quality upload on youtube at some point.

http://www.caesarstennisclassic.com/

[... and I hope he's finally given up on his pipe-dream of playing on the Senior PGA tour and plays Mac in some exo's ;)]

Voo de Mar
03-16-2010, 03:45 AM
I saw it on TV for the first time in my life then, and it impressed me so much that I adopted immediately this shot to my repertoir :)

-Valhalla-
03-16-2010, 04:00 AM
I saw it on TV for the first time in my life then, and it impressed me so much that I adopted immediately this shot to my repertoir :)

Same for me but with the Federer between-the-legs-laserlike-shot-for-a-clean-winner at USO '09. I've got it down cold ;)

TygKHUcT-Ek[/QUOTE]

SaFed2005
03-16-2010, 04:28 AM
That shot is honestly not that hard. There are just so many much more difficult trick shots in tennis. I am sure almost all the pros can pull this particular shot off. I am probably just a bit better than the average amateur tennis player and I can pull that shot off no problem.

enzogiovanni
03-16-2010, 07:31 AM
This was the era of real tennis. Not the shitty moonballers of today.:wavey::wavey:

andreevforehand
03-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Nice upload. Sure an amateur may be able to pull that shot off every once in a while when messing around, but to pull it off against one of the best players in the world and actually win the point is pretty impressive. Lendl's comment is funny too: "I guess anybody can hit that shot huh? :)." Also nice to see a moment like this between two players who were usually regarded as having very little in the way of personalities.

laurie-1
03-16-2010, 11:48 PM
Nice upload. Sure an amateur may be able to pull that shot off every once in a while when messing around, but to pull it off against one of the best players in the world and actually win the point is pretty impressive. Lendl's comment is funny too: "I guess anybody can hit that shot huh? :)." Also nice to see a moment like this between two players who were usually regarded as having very little in the way of personalities.

I've pulled what I consider incredible shots in practice and in my matches which have given me great satisfaction, but of course, I've never been filmed pulling shots off.

These guys are to be commended for doing it in the semifinal of the US Open where the prize is big with the big match nerves and everything that goes with it. So yes, you make a great point, its nice Edberg had the opportunity to make it happen so soon after Lendl did it.