Roger Federer Player of the Year and Sportsmanship [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roger Federer Player of the Year and Sportsmanship

victory1
03-15-2010, 03:31 AM
The ATP players voted Roger Federer sportsmanship of the year for 6 consecutive years. Why are players that knows him thinks he shows the most sportsmanship? Since Roger has won it 6 years in a row, why not the other top players? Discuss..:)

Arkulari
03-15-2010, 03:44 AM
Because the voting is rigged, we should call the UN to intervene in this important matter, it cannot be because the players like Roger

martinatreue
03-15-2010, 03:44 AM
He was also voted fan favorite yet again... I wonder how the haters explain him winning these awards for sportsmanship over and over if he is the arrogant, pompous jerk that they accuse him of being. Gosh, I guess the other players who are around him all the time don't know the true Roger the way these fans who see him on TV do LOL...

DJ Soup
03-15-2010, 03:57 AM
he's the devil you see, it is so obvious

/sarcasm

victory1
03-15-2010, 04:01 AM
I think he's bribing them!:devil: I mean he won it for 2008 when it was Nadal's best year on the tour! Why the ATP players did not think Nadal showed the best sportsmanship since his fans preaches his humbleness.:p

Arkulari
03-15-2010, 04:05 AM
stop baiting people please ;)

HarryMan
03-15-2010, 04:07 AM
Excellent, the fans and his peers do admire not only his records but the way he goes about achieving them. Keep going legend. :D

Hewitt =Legend
03-15-2010, 04:15 AM
Waiting for this thread to explode.

martinatreue
03-15-2010, 04:17 AM

I don't really see how this thread could explode other than via ridiculously bizarre conspiracy theories.. I mean, his colleagues and the fans vote him as the winner.. That SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!!:worship:

Arkulari
03-15-2010, 04:20 AM
you're underestimating the brigade :lol:

oranges
03-15-2010, 04:23 AM
How is this news or even interesting?

Fedbrigade seems to be doing their best

abraxas21
03-15-2010, 04:27 AM
I guess the draw and the scorelines of Federer must have been something like this:

R1: Bye
R2: Blake 7-6(0), 6-0, 6-0
R3: Djokovic 4-6, 6-4, 2-0 RET.
QF: Nalbandián W/O
SF: Roddick 6-0, 6-0, 6-0
F: González 6-3, 6-0, 6-0

Roger wins the Award.

victory1
03-15-2010, 04:32 AM
How is this news or even interesting?

Fedbrigade seems to be doing their best

It's news because let's say: I don't know you personally but have form a negative opinion of you from reading your interviews, yet you keep getting voted, "the nicest guy in the workplace." Is my opinion valid or is theirs valid? Perceptions my dear Roger!:wavey:

I'll leave you with one of my favorites quotes:
“Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is specific to you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so everything in the universe you perceive is specific to you.” – Douglas Adams

oranges
03-15-2010, 04:36 AM
Oh boy, you didn't just quote Douglas Adams for this extremely fanboyish attempt. Anyway, as for my input, I really don't care. Good luck gathering steam with this.

Acer
03-15-2010, 08:41 AM
:worship:

Acer
03-15-2010, 08:42 AM
I guess the draw and the scorelines of Federer must have been something like this:

R1: Bye
R2: Blake 7-6(0), 6-0, 6-0
R3: Djokovic 4-6, 6-4, 2-0 RET.
QF: Nalbandián W/O
SF: Roddick 6-0, 6-0, 6-0
F: González 6-3, 6-0, 6-0

Roger wins the Award.

Pffft another cakewalk draw for this Federer

Sri
03-15-2010, 08:46 AM
:worship: :worship:

Commander Data
03-15-2010, 08:58 AM
The ATP players voted Roger Federer sportsmanship of the year for 6 consecutive years. Why are players that knows him thinks he shows the most sportsmanship? Since Roger has won it 6 years in a row, why not the other top players? Discuss..:)

He wins because he is the most classy. Everybody with a sain mind sees that. It is sooooo obvious!

habibko
03-15-2010, 09:14 AM
:worship:

victory1
03-15-2010, 10:41 AM
“Receiving those awards is always a nice thing,” Roger said at the post-match press conference. “Those are things that got voted for by other people, especially fellow players or fans, it's something that's very touching."

http://www.bnpparibasopen.org/~/media/2B61129207344B33998D1FF4612FE0DE.ashx

FlameOn
03-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Not a hater, but I do understand Player of the year, but his sportsmanship seems no better or worse than anyone elses to me. :shrug:

bokehlicious
03-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Not a hater, but I do understand Player of the year, but his sportsmanship seems no better or worse than anyone elses to me. :shrug:

Surely people closer to him (players) know it better than us ;)

magnoliaewan
03-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Gosh, winning these 2 awards this many years in a row is almost as incredible as some of his records. Living legend!!! Congrats champ!

Johnny Groove
03-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Hilarious how the Fedbrigade is trying their best to bait people about Roger winning more awards and no one seems to care enough to engage in banter :lol:

Had Roger not won these awards, it would be some Fedfan starting the thread bitching about how he should have won it :lol:

Carry on.

bokehlicious
03-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Hilarious how the Fedbrigade is trying their best to bait people about Roger winning more awards and no one seems to care enough to engage in banter :lol:

Funnier thing is haters that can't help but comment on how "they can't see how he deserves it more than anyone else", as if they were in better position to know it than the player themsleves who come across Fed almost every day.

TheWall
03-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Funnier thing is haters that can't help but comment on how "they can't see how he deserves it more than anyone else", as if they were in better position to know it than the player themsleves who come across Fed almost every day.
The ATP makes the shortlist, the players select one of them.

So considering that Federer's on that shortlist every year it's hardly surprising that he wins the award as he seems to be a pleasent opponent as far as sportsmanship goes.

All of that doesn't mean though that Federer deserves the award more than everyone else.

ZaZoo)
03-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Think he will receive those awards even when he retires lol.

tea
03-15-2010, 04:21 PM
The ATP makes the shortlist, the players select one of them.

So considering that Federer's on that shortlist every year it's hardly surprising that he wins the award as he seems to be a pleasent opponent as far as sportsmanship goes.

All of that doesn't mean though that Federer deserves the award more than everyone else.
Do I understand right that shortlist contains only one name? It makes sense then.. This corrupt ATP gives no chance to the other, by far more deserved players. If only they (we surely know their names) were allowed to participate, they would have beaten Federer easily.:baby:

TheWall
03-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Do I understand right that shortlist contains only one name? It makes sense then.. This corrupt ATP gives no chance to the other, by far more deserved players. If only they (we surely know their names) were allowed to participate, they would have beaten Federer easily.:baby:
Relax, I'm not saying that Federer could not win the award if all players were on the shortlist.

It's just that this way it's a lot more likely. He's a good sport, but he's not the only one.

bokehlicious
03-15-2010, 04:34 PM
He's a good sport, but he's not the only one.

So you know for sure he's not the (only) one to deserve it, I guess you're in a better position than the players to know about it.

TheWall
03-15-2010, 04:41 PM
So you know for sure he's not the (only) one to deserve it, I guess you're in a better position than the players to know about it.

The players definately know better, but that's irrelevant if they can't vote for a lower ranked player of their choice, in which case they'd very likely give their vote to Federer.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but you have to keep it in perspective. Federer's good sport, but I don't think he's been the indisputable best sportsman on ATP in the last 6 years.

But what do I know, I'm just some swiss Federer-hater.

victory1
03-15-2010, 05:52 PM
The players definately know better, but that's irrelevant if they can't vote for a lower ranked player of their choice, in which case they'd very likely give their vote to Federer.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but you have to keep it in perspective. Federer's good sport, but I don't think he's been the indisputable best sportsman on ATP in the last 6 years.

But what do I know, I'm just some swiss Federer-hater.

Since you know so much, can you tell us the names on the shortlist? How does it work since you're privy to that information?