IW R2: Guillero Garcia-Lopez upsets (8) Marin Cilic 7-6 6-0 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IW R2: Guillero Garcia-Lopez upsets (8) Marin Cilic 7-6 6-0

GasquetFan
03-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Marin!!!

:o

Leo
03-14-2010, 12:42 AM
Bageled?

Wow, this is an unexpected result. But I'm not unhappy about it. Want to make sure JMDP stays ahead of MC.

How old is GGL these days?

SheepleBuster
Cilic was in love. No way you can play that badly with that much talent. It's either that or Simon Reed is playing with his Voodoo dolls again. By the way, any news on latest Reed GOAT article? Is Cilic going to now lose to Becker in that tournament of his?

tyruk14
What the hell happened?

scoobs
bagel.

Marin stank the place up in that second set. Playing on court 3, seemed to be aiming his shots for court 2. No range at all.

Voo de Mar
03-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Cilic, what a sexy high-forehand volley at *6:5 (30-30) :inlove:

Smoke944
Cilic, what a sexi high-foreahand volley at 6:5 (30-30) :inlove:

:lol:
Good job GGL :D

tennizen
That was a disaster:o. I have no clue what happened. I guess its the wind but he needs to find a way in these conditions:o

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 12:44 AM
Another combo delivery from Cilic's factory !!! His kingdom is just intangible . He is unique example of greatness . He just left this mortal world and became a part of something bigger,greater... You will not maybe be forever with us but all of us have special place in our heart for you . GO Marin GO and make the world better place

God bless you Marin

Bad Religion
03-14-2010, 12:44 AM
And to think that this huge mug Cilic was supposed to win the whole thing according to ESPN :haha: :haha:
Dedicated to oranges , fan of this crappy player

scoobs
03-14-2010, 12:45 AM
And to think that this huge mug Cilic was supposed to win the whole thing according to ESPN :haha: :haha:
Tignor called it for Cilic too....

Nichele Hull
Cilic showing why he's in the top ten

dylan24
how much money was cilic given to tank this match?
i hate tennis

Michael Bluth
03-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Arg, there goes my ATP Draw Challenge bracket. I had Cilic in the final.

Greystoke
03-14-2010, 12:46 AM
He needs to get his shit together if he wants to stay in the top ten. This was terrible.

Smoke944
03-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Tignor called it for Cilic too....

winning the tournament, getting bageled by GGL on a hard court, they are practically the same thing, I mean he wasn't far off :shrug: :p

Sunset of Age
03-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Wow this is indeed a major upset (Simon losing, not so much...). However bad the conditions are out there (that wind is indeed terrible), that shouldn't be the reason to get bageled. :o

Voo de Mar
03-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Cilic usually deals well with losing sets which should've won. The last time such a shit like today happened to him last year when he was playing against Youzhny in Montreal (6-4 6-7 1-6)

philosophicalarf
03-14-2010, 12:52 AM
Cilic served for first set at *6-5.
Cilic choked.
Cilic played tiebreak.
Cilic choked.
Wind arrived.
Cilic choked enormously, mis-hit everything, and got bagelled.

You have to question where your head is when GGL is mentally outplaying you. It's not like the court suits GGL either, the exact opposite if anything.

crystaleyesd
03-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Maybe Mario and Marin ARE actually the same person :shrug: Tough ask for him to come right out again straight after :lol:

oranges
03-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Marin :smash:

tennizen
He just did not handle the windy conditions very well. Happened to Murray last year:shrug:

Corey Feldman
dedicated to Voo de Mar

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 12:55 AM

:worship:

Har-Tru
Good for tennis.

philosophicalarf
He just did not handle the windy conditions very well. Happened to Murray last year:shrug:

Slight difference between 60-70kph and 20 gusting to 30 :-)

tennizen
03-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Slight difference between 60-70kph and 20 gusting to 30 :-)

Cilic has a naturally high error prone game. He's bound to be much more affected.

scoobs
03-14-2010, 01:00 AM
Wow this is indeed a major upset (Simon losing, not so much...). However bad the conditions are out there (that wind is indeed terrible), that shouldn't be the reason to get bageled. :o
Certainly an upset, I'm not sure I'm thinking of it as a major upset, but then I personally think Cilic is a more dangerous player over five sets than over three.

oranges

Happy day for you closet fan, enjoy while you can :kiss: Teaming up with Bad Religion, talk about being desperate :haha: What a duo of tools.

~Maya~
:smash: Great draw and everything :bigcry:

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Dedicated to all clowns who thought after he beat injured Del Potro and Roddick that he is the real deal

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 01:03 AM
Happy day for you closet fan, enjoy while you can :kiss: Teaming up with Bad Religion, talk about being desperate :haha: What a duo of tools.

Lost 6th season is just broadcasting

oranges
03-14-2010, 01:06 AM
Lost 6th season is just broadcasting

Ah, what biting humor :worship: Almost as spot on and your tennis assessments.

philosophicalarf
03-14-2010, 01:07 AM
Djokovic has a crazy easy draw now, with CIlic and Simon out. Fish, Kohl, Ljubo, JCF, then maybe Nadal or Querrey in the semis.

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Ah, what biting humor :worship: Almost as spot on and your tennis assessments.

Almost like Cilic's game :haha::haha::haha::haha:

Sunset of Age
03-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Djokovic has a crazy easy draw now, with CIlic and Simon out. Fish, Kohl, Ljubo, JCF, then maybe Nadal or Querrey in the semis.

Well he might be in need of it. :angel:

oranges
03-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Almost like Cilic's game :haha::haha::haha::haha:

Yep, they get to top 10 playing like shit. The overuse of smilies is a slight indication you're aware your moment of joy might not come very often. Milk this one as far as it goes, at least 30 posts here would be my guess

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 01:14 AM
Yep, they get to top 10 playing like shit. The overuse of smilies is a slight indication you're aware your moment of joy might not come very often. Milk this one as far as it goes, at least 30 posts here would be my guess

oranges
03-14-2010, 01:17 AM

:worship: 20 or something more to go, I'm here to help. Your counselor suggested you need it.

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Robredo was 5 , Ljubicic was number 3 so then can Cilic be number 9 . On today's rankings almost every clown can get high , but they will never win big tournament . And you are talking to me about tennis assessment ??? I didn't hear any from you , only some facts which retard kid can conclude

Smoke944
03-14-2010, 01:26 AM
Robredo was 5 , Ljubicic was number 3 so then can Cilic be number 9 . On today's rankings almost every clown can get high , but they will never win big tournament . And you are talking to me about tennis assessment ??? I didn't hear any from you , only some facts which retard kid can conclude

What will you do if Marin Cilic has had a better career than Ivanisevic when it's all said and done? Will you be able to handle this emotionally?

oranges
03-14-2010, 01:27 AM

Just keep at it, you'll get to 30 before you know it. I'll keep up as much as I can. Counselor says going to Marin's forum was a bad sign, though, it indicates you're hurting despite these unexpected good news for you.

aussie_fan
03-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Cilic, what a sexy high-forehand volley at *6:5 (30-30) :inlove:

:lol: striaight into the bottom of the net

I had Cilic winning this thing, whoops :o Well played by GGL though

HKz
03-14-2010, 01:33 AM
Good job Cilic, screw up my draw challenge some more. Make me slip to position 2589 out of 17249. At least Ancic is so far still fulfilling my expectations.

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 01:33 AM
What will you do if Marin Cilic had a better career than Ivanisevic when it's all said and done? Will you be able to handle this emotionally?

I will really hard handle that . All my tennis assessment will fall in water and I will become awake that all these year I was living in obliquity . But this scenario looks more like SF movie then real life . Don't need to be worry . Once a clown always a clown . All of you will once be awake that Cilic is bodily and especially mentally limited player ...

Smoke944
03-14-2010, 01:34 AM
I will really hard handle that . All my tennis assessment will fall in water and I will become awake that all these year I was living in obliquity . But this scenario looks more like SF movie then real life . Don't need to be worry . Once a clown always a clown . All of you will once be awake that Cilic is bodily and especially mentally limited player ...

I am not saying it will happen, but I am just wondering. You really seem to dislike him :p

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Just keep at it, you'll get to 30 before you know it. I'll keep up as much as I can. Counselor says going to Marin's forum was a bad sign, though, it indicates you're hurting despite these unexpected good news for you.

No need to be worry . I was searching for one older thread with Marin and I saw that you were active recently there so I visited you

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 01:36 AM
I am not saying it will happen, but I am just wondering. You really seem to dislike him :p

You can't imagine how

Arkulari
03-14-2010, 01:36 AM
WTF? Guillermo :worship:

oranges
03-14-2010, 01:37 AM
No need to be worry . I was searching for one older thread with Marin and I saw that you were active recently there so I visited you

:haha: Well, that explains going to a forum for player fans.

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 01:39 AM
:haha: Well, that explains going to a forum for player fans.

I wasn't searching for the thread on Cilic's forum . I am looking for one thread in GM which I dedicated to Marin but I can't find

HKz
03-14-2010, 01:41 AM

And Goran wasn't?

oranges
03-14-2010, 01:43 AM
I wasn't searching for the thread on Cilic's forum . I am looking for one thread in GM which I dedicated to Marin but I can't find

It doesn't seem in the least odd to you that most of your time on MTF is devoted to Cilic :haha: It also doesn't some pathetic to you to go to his forum to post your shit. Who am I kidding, if you knew the meaning of pathetic, we wouldn't be having this conversation

-Valhalla-
03-14-2010, 01:43 AM
Marin Cilic: The Gutless Warrior. And I thought he was a contender.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-merv/fishing.gif

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 01:46 AM
And Goran wasn't?

Goran was more nervous then Cilic and showed his emotions too much . But on other hand if you look for example on Goran's TB record or how many times did he choke when he was serving for the set of match you will get more clearer picture of those two mentality . Goran won more close matches in 1 year then Cilic will win entire life

HKz
03-14-2010, 01:49 AM
Goran was more nervous then Cilic and showed his emotions too much . But on other hand if you look for example on Goran's TB record or how many times did he choke when he was serving for the set of match you will get more clearer picture of those two mentality . Goran won more close matches in 1 year then Cilic will win entire life

Why do matches have to get close and make you use your mental game if you are good enough to close them out early.

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 01:50 AM
It doesn't seem in the least odd to you that most of your time on MTF is devoted to Cilic :haha: It also doesn't some pathetic to you to go to his forum to post your shit. Who am I kidding, if you knew the meaning of pathetic, we wouldn't be having this conversation

You can visit moralistic forum . About tennis you don't know anything . And if you want conversation talk about tennis . I know that you are lonely and pathetic but this is tennis forum . Ask for some love on other places

oranges
03-14-2010, 01:57 AM
And Goran wasn't?

Here, I'll explain. Samanosuke is one of those retarded Croatian fans who got all excited when Cilic was announced as the player with greatest potential since Goran and who live and die by their success or lack thereof. (There aren't many specimens here, but there is plenty on various Croatian forums). Goran gave a lot of grief to them over the years and then finally clinched that Wimby when all have given up hope. They will have it no more. Cilic should have won one by now already to be worthy. Just being a good player who continually improves isn't going to cut it. Samanosuke should have been able to come here and boast with national pride a year or two ago. Perhaps, if his wins over top 5 or top 10 status came a year or two earlier, the obsession would have turned in a completely different direction, but alas it came too late. He will feel his rage :lol: Needless to say, the rest of the Croatian players do not have to be measured by the same standards because they didn't "promise" they'd give grounds to boast national pride on MTF and otherwise.

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 01:59 AM
Why do matches have to get close and make you use your mental game if you are good enough to close them out early.

All OK if you can every time win a match without doubts . But that nobody can and true champions are those players who can win those "close" matches

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 03:04 AM
Here, I'll explain. Samanosuke is one of those retarded Croatian fans who got all excited when Cilic was announced as the player with greatest potential since Goran and who live and die by their success or lack thereof. (There aren't many specimens here, but there is plenty on various Croatian forums). Goran gave a lot of grief to them over the years and then finally clinched that Wimby when all have given up hope. They will have it no more. Cilic should have won one by now already to be worthy. Just being a good player who continually improves isn't going to cut it. Samanosuke should have been able to come here and boast with national pride a year or two ago. Perhaps, if his wins over top 5 or top 10 status came a year or two earlier, the obsession would have turned in a completely different direction, but alas it came too late. He will feel his rage :lol: Needless to say, the rest of the Croatian players do not have to be measured by the same standards because they didn't "promise" they'd give grounds to boast national pride on MTF and otherwise.

Yeah , listen a wife who lust for a hug

malisha
03-14-2010, 03:05 AM
there will be some more lost matches against mugs in next few months
garbage tennis he plays this time of year

oranges
03-14-2010, 03:05 AM
You can visit moralistic forum . About tennis you don't know anything . And if you want conversation talk about tennis . I know that you are lonely and pathetic but this is tennis forum . Ask for some love on other places

Moralistic forum, because I pointed out it's pathetic to go to a player forum if you despise the guy :lol: You're all so wound up, you'd think Cilic won easily. Ask for some love, lonely and pathetic? Did the crystal ball tell you that, and is it the same one you use for tennis predictions :haha:

oranges
03-14-2010, 03:07 AM
Yeah , listen a wife who lust for a hug

:rolls: You've really lost the plot. Come on man, you don't won't to embarrass yourself beyond the unhealthy Cilic obsession.

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 03:14 AM
:rolls: You've really lost the plot. Come on man, you don't won't to embarrass yourself beyond the unhealthy Cilic obsession.

hahahah Now you are changing the plot . That means that I am right:haha: ??? Women without life and love wants to believe in something better

It's interesting if you are thinking that I am retarded , pathetic , stupid.... why do you time after time and after time quoting my posts ? That only do a people who isn't sure in his own thoughts and want to believe in something in which she isn't sure

Sunset of Age
03-14-2010, 03:15 AM
^^^ I smell catfight. Popcorn? :p :p :p

sammy01
03-14-2010, 03:16 AM
:unsure: at half the posts in this thread.

bit of a shocking loss given cilic is usually good at dispatching lower ranked players, plus GGL isn't exactly a hard court giant. still i don't personally rate cilic, think he will spend most of his career between 10 and 20 and not higher.

Smoke944
03-14-2010, 03:16 AM
I am entertained, keep it up :bigclap:

oranges
03-14-2010, 03:17 AM
:lol: What is this something better that a woman without life and love like me dreams of?

leng jai
03-14-2010, 03:19 AM
Getting bagelled by GGL is a herculean effort, congratulations Cilic.

*bunny*
03-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Congrats, GGL! :yeah:
He's actually quite good on hard courts, and handled the wind better.
Some of his winners today were fab!

Cilic... :hug:

TMJordan
03-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Cilic to win Miami?
I think so.

Deathless Mortal
03-14-2010, 08:16 AM
there will be some more lost matches against mugs in next few months
garbage tennis he plays this time of year

I saw you saying something like this already, but hoped that this year it will be different. I just can't understand what happens to him :o It's normal that he loses every now and then but it shouldn't happen against players like Garcia Lopez who barely got 1 win this season, and even more he mustn't lose with a score like this. I hope he gets his act together and plays much much better in Miami, but it's somehow hard to believe it now.

DartMarcus
03-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Always a good day when the Grass Lord gets the shit of some fluke GS semifinalists.

vn01
03-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Cilic,I will never pick you again anywhere

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-14-2010, 08:36 AM
wow huge upset..expected cillic to win the whole thing

Bad Religion
03-14-2010, 09:01 AM
expected cillic to win the whole thing

You deserve a ban for this

«Ivan»
03-14-2010, 09:06 AM
what's happening with marin:sad:

Mateya
03-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Not a big shock :lol:

I don't know what people see in this Cilic...for me, he is just a good player with a nice serve (especialy 2nd kick serve :eek:), solid backhand, but the ugliest forehand (which can go flying anywhere) in the game. It just looks so awkward and weird :tape:

I think this is his carrer highest ranking, but let's wait and see. With his brand of tennis he will be the most dangerous in Wimbledon and some other fast surfaces (indoors).
:wavey:

dusan1610
03-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Tired Cilic. Won Chennai, SF Aussie Open, Won Zagreb, QF Dubai, Davis Cup . . . 20 matches in this year....

Deivid23
03-14-2010, 11:17 AM
lol Marin

Noleta
03-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Was Cilic sick?injured?How can he get bageled by GGL:help:

Björki
03-14-2010, 12:19 PM
:eek:

zlaja777
03-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Ouch...poor Marin.

Beat
03-14-2010, 01:24 PM
great result for GGL, hopefully this win will give him some confidence. :D
a bagel seems a bit strange, though.

propi
03-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Guillermo :woohoo:
Great match :D

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 01:49 PM
great result for GGL, hopefully this win will give him some confidence. :D
a bagel seems a bit strange, though.

Yeah , He really needed a great performance to beat mentally unstable UE machine

Doomach777
03-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Was Cilic sick?injured?How can he get bageled by GGL:help:

How can you get bageled by fish hahahah ?

philosophicalarf
03-14-2010, 02:30 PM
wow huge upset..expected cillic to win the whole thing

He had a fairly decent draw yeah. Bellucci, Ferrero (carrying minor injuries), Djoko (looked extremely beatable last night), Nadal, then the final. Big names, but form/injury/matchup made it good for him.

Probably just a Davis Cup letdown, he's not the only one this week. Played a lot of tennis this year too.

theblejach
03-14-2010, 02:31 PM
God bless you Marin
Guillero Garcia-Lopez bless you Marin...

Doomach777
03-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Guillero Garcia-Lopez bless you Marin...

fail

NyGeL
03-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Arg, there goes my ATP Draw Challenge bracket. I had Cilic in the final.

don't talk to me. I had him as a winner.

QUE BURRO QUE SOS CILIC!

samanosuke
03-14-2010, 03:04 PM
don't talk to me. I had him as a winner.

QUE BURRO QUE SOS CILIC!

OMG People what all of you see in this crap ???? He has one of the ugliest game on tour + his mental instability and you will get an ideal clown

VULPES PILUM MUTANT NON MORES

Noleta
03-14-2010, 03:20 PM
How can you get bageled by fish hahahah ?

What's that supposed to mean?Wasn't having a laugh....was asking if Cilic was injured as i didn't see the match?

Doomach777
03-14-2010, 05:01 PM
What's that supposed to mean?Wasn't having a laugh....was asking if Cilic was injured as i didn't see the match?

oh, sorry then :(

tektonac
03-14-2010, 05:54 PM
am i the only one who thinks GGL actually played well?

and Marin, oh well it happens, its a bummer but you "Forget about it" and keep moving on.

HKz
03-14-2010, 06:08 PM
what's happening with marin:sad:

As if he has been on a losing streak? What is wrong with you, he just made the SF of the Australian Open and defended his title in Croatia.

malisha
03-14-2010, 06:39 PM
I saw you saying something like this already, but hoped that this year it will be different. I just can't understand what happens to him :o It's normal that he loses every now and then but it shouldn't happen against players like Garcia Lopez who barely got 1 win this season, and even more he mustn't lose with a score like this. I hope he gets his act together and plays much much better in Miami, but it's somehow hard to believe it now.

hopefully he will but he will find it difficult to win back to back matches untill RG

dont worry about all the mugs in this thread....a bad period was ultra expected...just like its expected for him to peak just before two most important tournaments

malisha
03-14-2010, 06:45 PM
im a huge Cilic fan but this loss didnt upset me at all...IW and Miami courts doesnt suit him at all

and the europian clay coming...there will be some more heavy defeats against the odds there

Geo
03-14-2010, 06:45 PM
i caught the 2nd set. Cilic was a joke :tape:

good win for GGL though :shrug: :yeah:

Machiavelli
03-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Not the best courts for him with the win and all; but just dreadful stuff...

You can lose matches, that's normal, but not in this fashion and not to GGLopez, that is just not acceptable;

He had enough time to prepare for this conditions; no real breakthrough if he puts in performances like this in big tournaments...

Acer
03-15-2010, 08:38 AM
This is why I still haven't taken this Cilic seriously

Deathless Mortal
03-15-2010, 08:46 AM
hopefully he will but he will find it difficult to win back to back matches untill RG

dont worry about all the mugs in this thread....a bad period was ultra expected...just like its expected for him to peak just before two most important tournaments

Yeah these courts don't suit him, but there should be a line somewhere - I don't think he's excused for losing this hard just because he isn't the best on this court. He is a much more quality player than GGL and he should have proved it on court, no matter where.

HarryMan
03-15-2010, 10:33 AM
I don't get the hate, what is so bad in his game? Cilic has had a good year so far, finishing in the final 4 at a SLAM, is a really great result!