IW qualifying rd 2: Marinko Matosevic def Donald Young 6-4 4-6 7-6 (8) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IW qualifying rd 2: Marinko Matosevic def Donald Young 6-4 4-6 7-6 (8)

marcRD
03-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Matosevic saved 5 match points, I have never actually seen Donald play but he surely is a little too old to be losing to these players in qualifying rounds and still be predicted to be a future name in tennis. Donald had 3 straight match points at 0-40 5-6 but blew it. Donald also was leading with 2 minibreaks 5-2 in the tiebreak. At 8-8 in the tiebreak Donald doublefaulted, makes you wonder about the mental state of the kid...

Checked some stats about Marinko Matosevic and he is 24 years old ranked 240 and has never won an atp match in his life.

Did anyone watch this match?

Smoke944
03-10-2010, 10:36 PM
5 MPs*

Adri89
03-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Actually he saved 5 match points : 4 at 5-6 (0-40 then 40-A) and one in the tie break at 6-7 on his serve.

abraxas21
players with yugoslavic surnames, whats their game?

marcRD
5 MPs*

Even worse...

Hewitt =Legend
03-10-2010, 10:38 PM
MM wins a lot of these close matches, he is extremely clutch.

But I agree, Young should not be losing these types of matches in his own country.

Certinfy
03-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Donald :haha:

out_here_grindin
03-10-2010, 10:51 PM
:mad::o:sad:

Johnny Groove
03-10-2010, 11:02 PM
DY is still 20.

bjurra
03-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Matosevic behaved like a proper asshole. Some nice remarks about Youngs skin colour after the match too although I dont know the exact wording. So this is Klein version 2.0, just awaiting a suspension.

Hewitt =Legend
03-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Matosevic behaved like a proper asshole. Some nice remarks about Youngs skin colour after the match too although I dont know the exact wording. So this is Klein version 2.0, just awaiting a suspension.

Really?

That's really disappointing if it's true, were you at the match? He does have a hot temper but he seemed to have put it behind him during the last year or so.

bjurra
03-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Really?

That's really disappointing if it's true, were you at the match? He does have a hot temper but he seemed to have put it behind him during the last year or so.

No, I am not in Indian Wells. A friend of mine watched the match and was so disgusted by Matosevics behaviour he called me right aftet the match.

JeffCandoi
03-10-2010, 11:32 PM
what is the deal?

Marinko is >>>>> Young :lol:

Arkulari
03-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Time to kick your parents to the curb Don

emotion
03-11-2010, 12:23 AM
He looked so good in 2008...

ExcaliburII
03-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Thank you Young, thanks for stealing my money. Luckily I didnt follow this or I would have commited suicide.

I dont know why its prohibited to insult in GM, we should be able to at least insult this type of players, I am so pissed.

Black listed for ever.

P.S. f u

abraxas21
03-11-2010, 12:39 AM
since when is it prohibited to insult the players on MTF? If such a policy were to take place in a real and efective manner, this site would lose half of its members in the first two weeks.

jcempire
03-11-2010, 12:58 AM
Oh, SUCK again

What can I say on it? Forgot it and move up

VolandriFan
03-11-2010, 01:52 AM
Marinko :yeah:

star
03-11-2010, 02:16 AM
Matosevic saved 5 match points, I have never actually seen Donald play but he surely is a little too old to be losing to these players in qualifying rounds and still be predicted to be a future name in tennis. Donald had 3 straight match points at 0-40 5-6 but blew it. Donald also was leading with 2 minibreaks 5-2 in the tiebreak. At 8-8 in the tiebreak Donald doublefaulted, makes you wonder about the mental state of the kid...

Checked some stats about Marinko Matosevic and he is 24 years old ranked 240 and has never won an atp match in his life.

Did anyone watch this match?

Marinko :yeah:

I saw the third set.

btw, I didn't hear any of the remarks someone else reported. Matosevic was a bit upset with the crowd because he got NO cheering even for good shots and, of course, nothing for winning the match either. He's a crafty player and likes to use a lot of gamesmanship. He disputes calls and acts as if he's gotten bad ones when he knows he hasn't. U.S. crowds that go see Donald want him to win so badly, and want to help him sort of get over the hump and do well. It's almost like the crowd feels sorry for him in a way. It's hard to describe.

When Matosevic was serving to stay in the match, and got down 0-40 or 15-40, I can't remember which, Donald started hoping for a mistake rather than being aggressive and going after the win. There was a call on the baseline that Donald thought was out as did most of the (biased) crowd. I've learned that you can't call a line unless you are directly on the line so I don't know if the ball was out. Of course, then after that, Donald felt other things didn't go his way as well. He also got impatient. I think it was basically nerves.

Geo
03-11-2010, 02:34 AM
pathetic yet again Donald :retard: :o :tape:

hopefully he can do better in Miami :shrug: :unsure:

jmf07
03-11-2010, 02:42 AM
I saw the third set.

btw, I didn't hear any of the remarks someone else reported. Matosevic was a bit upset with the crowd because he got NO cheering even for good shots and, of course, nothing for winning the match either. He's a crafty player and likes to use a lot of gamesmanship. He disputes calls and acts as if he's gotten bad ones when he knows he hasn't. U.S. crowds that go see Donald want him to win so badly, and want to help him sort of get over the hump and do well. It's almost like the crowd feels sorry for him in a way. It's hard to describe.

When Matosevic was serving to stay in the match, and got down 0-40 or 15-40, I can't remember which, Donald started hoping for a mistake rather than being aggressive and going after the win. There was a call on the baseline that Donald thought was out as did most of the (biased) crowd. I've learned that you can't call a line unless you are directly on the line so I don't know if the ball was out. Of course, then after that, Donald felt other things didn't go his way as well. He also got impatient. I think it was basically nerves.

Thanks for the report. Hopefully he didn't make any remarks. Perhaps he said something and it got interpreted the wrong way or the Young supporters were looking for a reason to hate him. He is a player you either love or hate but he is entertaining to watch though. Unfortunately Tennis Australia decided to hate him and cut his support so he has had to go it alone and is doing well. Still got a WC to the Aus Open though. He is a late maturer and he and Nick Lindahl seem to be thriving off each other's successes. In 2005 his ranking was in the 1000's, 2007 it was in the 600's, then 2008 it ended at 323 and last year he finished at 171.

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-11-2010, 02:47 AM
absolute rubbish young sucks so bad..i cant stand the guy. Cant believe i picked him in tt LOser

ozfan44
03-11-2010, 02:59 AM
Well done Marinko!!

Keep going Mate!!

star
03-11-2010, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the report. Hopefully he didn't make any remarks. Perhaps he said something and it got interpreted the wrong way or the Young supporters were looking for a reason to hate him. He is a player you either love or hate but he is entertaining to watch though. Unfortunately Tennis Australia decided to hate him and cut his support so he has had to go it alone and is doing well. Still got a WC to the Aus Open though. He is a late maturer and he and Nick Lindahl seem to be thriving off each other's successes. In 2005 his ranking was in the 1000's, 2007 it was in the 600's, then 2008 it ended at 323 and last year he finished at 171.

I was shocked that he turns 25 this year. He looks a LOT older.

He would have gotten crowd support if he hadn't been playing Donald, but they didn't like the way he was treating Donald. Stare downs, etc.

DanaKz
03-11-2010, 03:48 AM
Don, when will you grow up? :(

abraxas21
03-11-2010, 04:02 AM
Just noticed that the bloke was born in Yugoslavia. It seems that a lot of people from that area went to Oz after the war.

paseo
03-11-2010, 05:02 AM
Now, this Donald Young is The Real Deal.

RIboy
03-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Ding DON :sad:

Action Jackson
03-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Just noticed that the bloke was born in Yugoslavia. It seems that a lot of people from that area went to Oz after the war.

There were plenty of them before the war in the 90s.

Marinko is always mouthing off on court. I remember him in Sydney when he screamed out at Seppi that he had the worst serve on tour.

He has fought very hard and coming back from back problems after being fucked off by TA.

jcempire
03-11-2010, 01:44 PM
He needs a coach..........otherwise he's done

maratness
03-11-2010, 05:08 PM
i had a few friends who played college tenni san dtehy were at the match.they said it was very entertaining.matosevic was really entertaining a true showman plays up to the crowd.he came up with big shots when he was down he should have won it in straits sets really hes backed seemd to bother him.my friends said there wa no incident just young being a sore lsoer he didnt shek his hand like a man.all matosevic did wa stare young down tahts it big whoop.the crowd just wanted young to win so badly.matosevic saved 3 match points in his first round win over marchenko,8 match points saved to qualy go MARINKo.

Mateya
03-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Quite a mental giant this Mato :) I'm becoming a fan.

Pea
03-11-2010, 06:28 PM
:haha: To be fair, he lost badly before to no names in qualifying rounds.

JMG
03-11-2010, 10:12 PM
i had a few friends who played college tenni san dtehy were at the match.they said it was very entertaining.matosevic was really entertaining a true showman plays up to the crowd.he came up with big shots when he was down he should have won it in straits sets really hes backed seemd to bother him.my friends said there wa no incident just young being a sore lsoer he didnt shek his hand like a man.all matosevic did wa stare young down tahts it big whoop.the crowd just wanted young to win so badly.matosevic saved 3 match points in his first round win over marchenko,8 match points saved to qualy go MARINKo.

Check your spelling. :rolleyes:

I wonder how this prick even beat Marchenko before.

navy75
03-11-2010, 11:20 PM
It's grow up time...

aussie_fan
03-12-2010, 04:05 AM

Oh, fantastic, that's what Australian tennis needs, another Klein :o I saw him at AO, he gets pretty fired up which I don't mind seeing at all, it's abuse of players that concerns me if he is doing that.

maratness
03-12-2010, 05:38 AM
why are people saying he abused anyone?my friends were at the match behind the umpire the whole time.matosevic didnt abuse anyone he just had words with young at the end about young not shaking his hand properly.im sure is soemthing was said the umpire or linespeople would have doen something.its a fucken masters series not a local knockabout

Audacity
03-12-2010, 05:52 AM
why are people saying he abused anyone?my friends were at the match behind the umpire the whole time.matosevic didnt abuse anyone he just had words with young at the end about young not shaking his hand properly.im sure is soemthing was said the umpire or linespeople would have doen something.its a fucken masters series not a local knockabout

People on this forum just like to assume that because an Aussie said something to another player at the end of the match he is a complete racist. I love it when people make up bullshit.

navy75
03-12-2010, 06:35 AM

I don't doubt this. Donald is wildly immature.

jcempire
03-12-2010, 01:25 PM
I don't doubt this. Donald is wildly immature.

Agree

He is

Oh, come on that's why he need a coach