Can Andy Murray win a Slam??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Can Andy Murray win a Slam???

DualMedia
03-10-2010, 02:12 PM
He has the power and the skills , but mentally ,to me, he is not prepared to win..

p.s. I am a fan of Andy Murray

scoobs
03-10-2010, 04:31 PM
I think he can, still, he's made it to two finals...can he take that final step and produce his best in a Slam final?

Yes I still believe he can. Might help if he didn't have to deal with Federer in that final, though.

DualMedia
03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
true, but he is going to have to get used to Fed being in almost every final until nadal, Delpo , Djoko, A-rod and every other player in the top 100 get mentally prepared to knock him out of a slam.

Abc Tennis
03-10-2010, 05:14 PM
true, but he is going to have to get used to Fed being in almost every final until nadal, Delpo , Djoko, A-rod and every other player in the top 100 get mentally prepared to knock him out of a slam.

But he could face Federer in a semi. And I think that facing Federer there would be slightly easier than in a final (considering the pressure a final has).

To answer the OP's question, yes I think he can.

DualMedia
03-10-2010, 05:20 PM
But he could face Federer in a semi. And I think that facing Federer there would be slightly easier than in a final (considering the pressure a final has).

To answer the OP's question, yes I think he can.

only if he is in the semi but in the final , nerves get to him .. I want andy to win but... he may have to wait till Fed is out of the picture.:confused:

Abc Tennis
03-10-2010, 05:58 PM
only if he is in the semi but in the final , nerves get to him .. I want andy to win but... he may have to wait till Fed is out of the picture.:confused:

I think Andy could win a slam even if facing Fed in a final, but it would a lot easier if Andy had already a slam under his belt. For a number of reasons (not the least their HtH), Roger will never understimate Andy as he could do with other players, and facing a top-form Federer plus the pressure to win the first slam is tough. Not impossible, and I think Andy could manage to do so, but as I said earlier it would be a lot easier (relatively speaking) if he could face Fed in a semi in the meanwhile :p

MsTree
03-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Yup :)

DualMedia
03-10-2010, 07:02 PM
when he made it to the final in melbourne , Great Britain's drought and the final's pressure were on him. He needs to go out there and forget about GB and just go out their and play.