Anime アニメ Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anime アニメ Thread

tedlesurfeur
03-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Anime アニメ Thread

For people interested in mangas or animes. Feel free to share

いらっしゃいませ

ps : I looked for a similar thread but didn't find any.
Anyway, welcome to all the anime lovers :wavey:

tedlesurfeur
03-09-2010, 06:12 PM
I will briefly encourage you to watch the works done by 7th Expansion, this company came up with two wonderful animes I thoroughly enjoyed.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Pitch : The calm village of Hinamizawa is not as calm as it looks. Each year a series of murders occur during the Watanagashi festival, and they are known as the curse of Oyashiro Sama (the local god). Keiichi, a newcomer, gets involved, ending supecting his own and lovely brand new friends [26 episodes]

w6-dIPbVRK8

In the second season, you get to know more about the mysteries that lie beneath the village. The second season's called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai [24 episodes]

Kk3Nmu8Kq6Y

The third and short season explores in depth the link between two of the main characters and alludes to the next series. This season is called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei [5 episodes]

6WmQG4XCjyU

Umineko no Naku Koro ni

A small island, property of the Ushiromiya family, becomes the playground of mysterious forces. Each year, the members of Ushiromiya family gather on the island, but this year, they die one after the other... The hero, Battler, is determined to solve the mystery.

bZf0HdRUuZ8

NicolasKiefer44
03-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Ted, I recently rented anime and loved it. Wow we didn't discuss this! :) I am not wise to tell you any to watch though. I have a friend who just lives for it. He buys the comic books too. Educate me on your favorites. Email me a list of ones you like for me to get. I can order them from Blockbuster here in the states for sure.

tedlesurfeur
03-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Death Note

Full Metal Alchimist

Monster

VanDread

Saint Seiya (of course)

zine56
03-11-2010, 07:34 PM
i love the new version of Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood), i'm also watching some new series like To Aru Kagaku no Railgun and Kimi ni Todoke (lots of chibi humor in that last one).

does anyone know when the Evangelion 2.0 DVD is coming out?

Wolfy
03-11-2010, 07:57 PM
My Favourite

Katekyo Hitman Reborn
About a boy changes his life from a useless middle schooler to a cool,hot mafia boss

One Piece (the best)

Naruto (almost ending)

Bleach (blood lust)

Also love
Death Note,Code Geass (really good emotional&clever),Robin witch hunter,
FMA :) Gantama

tedlesurfeur
03-11-2010, 08:16 PM
i love the new version of Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood), i'm also watching some new series like To Aru Kagaku no Railgun and Kimi ni Todoke (lots of chibi humor in that last one).

does anyone know when the Evangelion 2.0 DVD is coming out?

I have no idea. Isn't there an official site with the release dates?

Hey, what's the two animes you mentionned about? (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun and Kimi ni Todoke) :wavey:

zine56
03-11-2010, 11:55 PM
I have no idea. Isn't there an official site with the release dates?

Hey, what's the two animes you mentionned about? (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun and Kimi ni Todoke) :wavey:

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun is mostly an action anime (and comedy too), featuring 4 high school girls living in a city of students that want to be superhumans, is good anime, but until now of 20 episodes, only a few of them had battles in it ,which is (to me) the strong point of this anime because the animation is awesome.

hdI6Firnz1k

Kimi Ni Todoke (the translation is "reaching you" or something like that) is a romantic comedy about a girl who looks like the girl of "The Ring" (and also has a similar name) and her difficulties making friends , lots of chibi humor (if you saw slam dunk you'll love the sense of humor of this anime)

Om3uPdwDkjg

oh and if you want a good opening video look at the "Durarara!" opening, i think the song is pretty cool

E2On0Kkj9lQ

zine56
03-12-2010, 12:30 AM
i recommend:

Lovely Complex (romantic comedy)

from wikipedia: "reviewer at Anime News Network praised it as "the standard by which all other modern romantic comedies should be measured" for its handling of the range of its characters' emotions."

that pretty much says it all for me, i think this one of the few animes that made me cry, mainly this is about a couple of kids (a really tall girl, much taller than the average Japanese girl and a boy way below the height of the average Japanese boy). At the beginning they really hate each other but this a romantic comedy so you know where this is going hehe.

K0Og_4vbOtU

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

i really like this anime, Kyon (the narrator) has a very cynical sense of humor so i laughed my ass off multiple times and the situations are very bizarre

"from Wikipedia: The story follows the title character, Haruhi Suzumiya, a high school girl who can unconsciously change reality, and her strange antics with her school club, the SOS Brigade, which she founded to investigate any mysterious happenings. Haruhi forcibly drafts her cynical classmate Kyon who narrates the series, and similarly recruits three additional members into her club: the silent bibliophile Yuki Nagato, the shy and timid Mikuru Asahina, and the friendly "mysterious exchange student" Itsuki Koizumi. These members soon reveal themselves to Kyon as the extraordinary characters Haruhi is seeking, sent by their various organizations to observe her and hold her reality warping powers in check by maintaining the illusion of a normal life."

GOD KNOWS, my favorite song (i love you Aya Hirano):
6kv3mMK7EP8

OPENING:
mIKRn1dbT28

ENDING:
c5G5bD2Do-k

tedlesurfeur
03-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Thank you for all your contribution, I will actually check those out right away :D

By the way, could you explain to me what the 'new version4 of FMA is?? :shrug:

zine56
03-13-2010, 08:31 AM
By the way, could you explain to me what the 'new version of FMA is?? :shrug:

in the first anime adaptation,the first half of the anime's plot basically follows that of the manga, but the plots severely diverge from each other near the middle of the story , the second version of the Anime ("Brotherhood" or "Shintetsu") follows completely the story of the manga. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Metal_Alchemist)

i love this opening too, op 1 from FMA:shintetsu ("AGAIN" from Yui)
dPB2Z1wd7WM

habibko
03-13-2010, 10:44 AM
great thread! I always wanted to open a thread like this but thought
I was the only otaku around here :lol: :o

my top favorite animes are Death Note, Tsubasa Chronicle, Full Metal Alchemist and Detective Conan for sure, and in my younger days I liked Naruto, Bleach and One Piece but now I don't have the time to follow them anymore, and here are some animes I'd like to recommend for all:

Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle

JZ0-DJe8Hi0

I know I already mentioned this in my top favorite ones, but I can't recommend this enough for all anime lovers, it's a magical anime with a great deep story, characters and epic, masterful OSTs by the legendary Yuki Kajiura (the song in the video above is hers and the main theme song of the anime).

My-HiME

gzvaxpETfA0

this anime transcended the typical magical girl genre with a deep emotional plot, well-rounded characters and wonderful OSTs, shame the sequel (My-Otome) didn't live up to the original title.

X

PQ0p5z2_-5c

also known as X Clamp (Clamp is the creator behind it, famous for their other works like the one above along with RG Veda, Chobits and xxxHolic) , really epic anime for those who like dark themes and stories, Kamui Shiro the protagonist of this series is the one in my avatar btw :p

Fruits Basket

2DLaWPs3jzk

for fans of the romantic comedy genre I recommend this great anime, really funny and never boring, it's actually one of the rare animes I watched more than once, too hilarious :lol:

Elfen Lied

00PzuuuLHJU

WARNING: NOT FOR THE WEAK HEARTED!!!!, this is a dark anime that is really brilliant if you don't mind the gore, nudity and blood, a true masterpiece of artistic psychological horror.

quick mentions...

Claymore

-XaysU5_WoQ

Basilisk

VszBxBNxNwk

more later!

tedlesurfeur
03-13-2010, 11:20 AM
That's a lot Habibko, now I don't know which one to choose :lol: :sobbing:

zine56
03-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Basilisk
VszBxBNxNwk

love this Opening :rocker2: any other dark ninja animes? (besides ninja scroll)

tedlesurfeur
03-13-2010, 03:29 PM
ok, I'm downloading My Hime and Elfen Lied, and I'm waiting for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun to be totally subbed, and I'll download it too :lol: thank you guys.

Did you get a chance to take a look at Higurashi or Umineko ?

habibko
03-14-2010, 12:20 PM
love this Opening :rocker2: any other dark ninja animes? (besides ninja scroll)

there aren't many dark ninja animes out there, if you liked Ninja Scroll you should also check Wicked City and Ninja Resurrection.

there is also Flame of Recca and Nabari no Ou , but they aren't too dark so..

ok, I'm downloading My Hime and Elfen Lied, and I'm waiting for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun to be totally subbed, and I'll download it too :lol: thank you guys.

Did you get a chance to take a look at Higurashi or Umineko ?

loved the vids you posted of them, I'll try to check them out soon, especially Umineko :yeah:

if you like mysterious dark animes you should check this one out:

mXSbQaJqMy8

it's a bit old but really amazing!

That's a lot Habibko, now I don't know which one to choose :lol: :sobbing:

they are all great! :bounce: here are some more :p

Rurouni Kenshin

6BFolP_pC8A

epic anime and the best Samurai anime out there, beats the shit out of Naruto and Bleach IMO.

D-Gray Man

khhI2EdEbJE

a mix of Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist, so if you are a fan of both you should check this one out.

Howl's Moving Castle

all of Hayao Miyazaki's works define brilliance, masterpieces like Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away need no intros, but this is my personal favorite :worship:

Excel Saga

this anime is the definition of Anime-on-crack, you have no idea how fucked up this anime is until you watch it, just try the first episode here... :haha:

2wQx3fDF3Io

rKb9X723PPw

LifpgFsf3Xo

Shirogane
03-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Kenshin rocks, especially the first OVA. Fucking epic soundtrack to boot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egNR-OjXi_k

tedlesurfeur
03-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Kenshin rocks, especially the first OVA. Fucking epic soundtrack to boot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egNR-OjXi_k

what is it about? :wavey:

Shirogane
03-15-2010, 10:51 AM
See habibko's above post for more details. I'll add that it focuses on Kenshin's dark past (before he swore not to kill ever again), that's it's beautiful, poetic, philosophical and definitely a must see.

tedlesurfeur
03-21-2010, 09:20 PM
I started Mai Hime !! I like it so far.
I will begin to watch Elfen Lied right after that. :wavey:

habibko
03-27-2010, 01:52 AM
See habibko's above post for more details. I'll add that it focuses on Kenshin's dark past (before he swore not to kill ever again), that's it's beautiful, poetic, philosophical and definitely a must see.

:yeah:

I started Mai Hime !! I like it so far.
I will begin to watch Elfen Lied right after that. :wavey:

glad you liked it :D Elfen Lied will be way different though :unsure: but still cool :dance:

tedlesurfeur
03-27-2010, 07:14 AM
I also downloaded Mai Otome, which seems to be the sequel to Mai Hime :D It's very soft, but I like the way they picture the oddness of some relations : brother sister, with Mai and her brother, and Shiho who calls Tate Oni-Chan while she's not his sister but loves him for real. ; and some relationships between girls are unclear... I mean, what devotion from Mikoto to Mai, or from the nerd (don't remember her name) to the blond one working at the student council...

Regarding the Himes, I like them having material objects before summoning their Childs. I'm around episode 20 now.

what are you watching these days? :wavey:

Shirogane
04-07-2010, 05:15 PM
For my very own pleasure, and because Gohan going berserk + the Japanese audio/song = WIN.

MWrbl2q1Wm4

tedlesurfeur
04-07-2010, 05:42 PM
By the way, Habibko, I finished Mai Otome, and it was soooo boring compared to Mai Hime... it's not the same intensity at all... the characters, the setting, the story itself... everything is... not as good :haha:

habibko
04-07-2010, 06:39 PM
I also downloaded Mai Otome, which seems to be the sequel to Mai Hime :D It's very soft, but I like the way they picture the oddness of some relations : brother sister, with Mai and her brother, and Shiho who calls Tate Oni-Chan while she's not his sister but loves him for real. ; and some relationships between girls are unclear... I mean, what devotion from Mikoto to Mai, or from the nerd (don't remember her name) to the blond one working at the student council...

Regarding the Himes, I like them having material objects before summoning their Childs. I'm around episode 20 now.

what are you watching these days? :wavey:

I'm glad you liked it, yes it's a very emotional plot and the characters are very well done, yes the battles aren't really epic but that's because the focus was on the characters and story rather than action, which suited the theme of the anime :yeah:

not watching any animes lately, would like to find time for one soon, been playing Final Fantasy XIII in my free time >__>

By the way, Habibko, I finished Mai Otome, and it was soooo boring compared to Mai Hime... it's not the same intensity at all... the characters, the setting, the story itself... everything is... not as good :haha:

I warned you about it in my first post here :ras: you shouldn't have wasted time on it, very bad sequel really -___-

did you start Elfen Lied? :D

tedlesurfeur
04-07-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm glad you liked it, yes it's a very emotional plot and the characters are very well done, yes the battles aren't really epic but that's because the focus was on the characters and story rather than action, which suited the theme of the anime :yeah:

not watching any animes lately, would like to find time for one soon, been playing Final Fantasy XIII in my free time >__>

I warned you about it in my first post here :ras: you shouldn't have wasted time on it, very bad sequel really -___-

did you start Elfen Lied? :D

My heart hesisates... between Elfen Lied or the Melancholy of [girl's name] :haha:

By the way, Mai Otome isn't even a true sequel, as the characters don't necessarily know each other... No mention is made of the Hime story, and Tate is not even in it.

FlavorNuts
04-08-2010, 06:03 AM
Berserk is the only good anime I've seen. Phylosophy, social heirarchy, war tactics.
No cheesy bullshit about love and martial arts that every other anime seems to be about.

tedlesurfeur
04-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Habibko, Elfen Lied's opening credits sequence is very nice, arty. I'm up to episode 5 now. It's a good quality anime. I really wonder where they're going.

habibko
04-27-2010, 02:17 AM
Habibko, Elfen Lied's opening credits sequence is very nice, arty. I'm up to episode 5 now. It's a good quality anime. I really wonder where they're going.

yes the opening is very special, I once read a list of all the famous arts and paintings used in it, great stuff :yeah:

let me hear your impressions after you finish :D

on another topic, have you heard of the anime Fairy Tail? I was told it's a pretty good anime and was asked to check it out, I will download the first couple episodes once I have a better connection -__-

tedlesurfeur
04-27-2010, 07:33 AM
yes the opening is very special, I once read a list of all the famous arts and paintings used in it, great stuff :yeah:

let me hear your impressions after you finish :D

on another topic, have you heard of the anime Fairy Tail? I was told it's a pretty good anime and was asked to check it out, I will download the first couple episodes once I have a better connection -__-

I'm actually done with Elfen Lied now, I couldn't possibly restrain myself from watching more and more.. and I ended up watching the last episode in no time :lol:

It was overall a very nice anime. It's a very balanced one, you get to see some action, but they're not the center of interest, you get to see plenty of slow moments, about the characters' feelings. The unveiling of the truth takes a lot of time and they make you understand why. Everything's coherent. I read that many people criticized the excess of violence because it was unnecessary. Perhaps they're right, perhaps not... because it's such a counterpoint to the moments of true sweetness and calmness... The only thing that bothered me was maybe this feeling of unsatisfaction : I feel like I haven't seen enough diclonias (only 3), that we could have known more about the process of reproduction, that we could have known more about the director's motivations (and his son's) and how he got the horns, what kind of new species that was... overall I feel like this could have gone many more seasons.. and at the same time, it makes the strength of this singular anime.

Fairy Tail? Ok, waiting for you input on that one then. :wavey:

habibko
10-22-2010, 11:21 AM
watched School Days a couple days ago, great story and one of the best endings of an anime romantic drama I can remember, it's only 12 episodes which you can find on this link, highly recommended :yeah:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/school-days/episode-1-confession-526032

finishingmove
10-22-2010, 11:29 AM
you can watch Bosco Adventure (Bosco Daiboken) dubbed into Serbian* here:

http://fliiby.com/folders/9562/plava_princeza.html

(named Plava Princeza in Serbia)

:D

*some episodes in Japanese

Aenea
10-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Wow great thread :yeah: I never knew there was a thread on MTF about anime.
I just finished with Darker than Black - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darker_than_Black not bad but it just couldn't get to me like some other animes. D Gray man, too.

The animes I liked most were Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop

Thank you for some recomendatins, I'll try Elfen Lied soon.

Andresito
10-24-2010, 01:56 AM
Right now, I'm only following GANTZ.

Then, I have to finish reading Death Note manga, and I downloaded Sailor Moon manga too.

I really liked Hunter X Hunter too, but the last part kinds of bores me (too much resembled to Dragon Ball)

Favourite one: Saint Seiya.

FiBeR
04-20-2011, 03:09 AM
hey everyone :wavey: (Ted :D)

After Dragon Ball Kai got cancelled around a month ago I started watching Naruto...

:dance: Im loving every bit of Naruto :hearts:
Already watched Naruto and Ive started yesterday with Naruto Shippuden!! :speakles: (though from eps 180-216 I just skipped as nothing was happening.. watched the last 4 then switched to Shippuden)

6ElIlBLobk8

So far I loved this Ending! :D

btw im going to Tokyo in a couple of months so Im buying tons of animes :rolls:

FiBeR
04-20-2011, 03:23 AM
There are so many animes to watch ...

Ive finished
*Saint Seiya (not watching the new releases though, finished Hades and put Lost Canvas on still),
*Dragon Ball and all of its versions.
*Slayers (in the middle of the new season)
*Evangelion (waiting for the last part of Rebuild)
*Magic Knight Rayearth
*Escaflowne (recently watched the movie -crap)
*Sailor Moon (well.. I guess I watched it all or was told everything I needed to know)
*Slam Dunk ( :yeah: )

Left in the middle
*Captain Tsubasa (too many seasons)
*Naruto (just started Shippuden and it is still on air :rocker2:)
*Detective Conan ( :hearts: still on air but somewhat in the first 100-150 eps im there)
*Lain (watched some eps then left it "and you dont seem to understand")
*Prince of tennis (crap)
*Miyazaki Filmography (done Ponyo, Totoro and Chihiro, looking forward for the rest)
*Yugioh (got tired)
*Pokemon (after 1-2 seasons it gets stupid with so many pokemons)
*Yuyu hakusho (loved it but I cant remember why i havent finished it)
*Ranma 1/2 (missing a couple of eps at the end)

Cant remember any more :scratch:
great thread :bounce: I guess I need to go deeper into less commercial animes :rolls: but ill get there someday :lol:

btw i dont do animes that much though, just going thru a naruto phase atm :p

I_Dasco
04-20-2011, 03:33 AM
I dont watch much anime except too much naruto i always read manga only but i've known many kind but my fav all time is Doraemon Detective Conan CCS Naruto Dr black jack Yugioh
My favorite mangaka is Osamu Tezuka and Akira Toriyama :)

Topspindoctor
04-20-2011, 03:45 AM
Higurashi no naku koro ni is quite disturbing :scared:

My 2 favorite anime shows are Bleach and Death Note.

FiBeR
04-20-2011, 03:49 PM
I dont watch much anime except too much naruto i always read manga only but i've known many kind but my fav all time is Doraemon Detective Conan CCS Naruto Dr black jack Yugioh
My favorite mangaka is Osamu Tezuka and Akira Toriyama :)

Akira Toriyama is great. I have all dragon ball manga (collected it when I was a kid) and he draws perfectly .. I actually like the manga better than the series, cos you can imagine and understand things way better than the anime interpretation... unluckily I do not know japanese and the amount of available manga is usually limited so I always choose the lazy path and watch animes :p

im gonna get some of the manga books they are made on a weekly base that i heard people just throw away after reading and bring them back home :)

FiBeR
04-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Ive heard One Piece is the most popular but havent watch it.. is it that good?

FiBeR
04-20-2011, 07:23 PM
I ve started School Days (habibko :yeah: ) and I quite reccomend it.. It is overall pretty good. What I love about anime is that it is not just a "cartoon". They can go from soap operas to adventures to almost anything -and there is usually a mixture of everything-.

So far School Days is a pretty good and deep story about human relationships - sort of a positive view of the dilemmas found in Evangelion with a pretty nice outcome so far.

I love the japanese approach to life - :D cant wait to be there in july/august!

I_Dasco
04-23-2011, 04:12 AM
Akira Toriyama is great. I have all dragon ball manga (collected it when I was a kid) and he draws perfectly .. I actually like the manga better than the series, cos you can imagine and understand things way better than the anime interpretation... unluckily I do not know japanese and the amount of available manga is usually limited so I always choose the lazy path and watch animes :p

im gonna get some of the manga books they are made on a weekly base that i heard people just throw away after reading and bring them back home :)

Well i didnt have much chance to watch anime , but manga is more popular i have read many.
Yes and Akira i also like Dr Slump(extremly funny and weird )
One peice is good i watched some chapter it was funny you should try :)

Orka_n
04-23-2011, 09:28 AM
I prefer manga over anime. No fillers etc.

FiBeR
04-24-2011, 01:22 AM
:( hate fillers

tedlesurfeur
04-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Higurashi no naku koro ni is quite disturbing :scared:

yes, and I like that. I like mysterious stories...

It gets clearer and clearer though

Shirogane
04-26-2011, 09:30 AM
I prefer manga over anime. No fillers etc.
Even when there's no filler, for instance Slam Dunk – I guess! – better read it. Monster, better read it too. Then read it again. Then watch the anime, cause it's every bit as good as the manga. :worship:

FiBeR
05-30-2011, 03:51 AM
Finally Ive got to the last and current episode of Naruto Shippuden :D

In 3 months Ive catch up with it :lol: :cool:

I must say I have my theories about Tobi having the body of Kakashi's friend :shrug:

Chair Umpire
06-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Excelent thread, I love anime. I'll posted some of my favourite anime movies/series:

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.
Ghost in the Shell I.
Akira.
Ninja Scroll.
Highlander: The search for vengeance.
Berserk.
Cowboy Bebop.
Vexille.
Saint Seiya.
Record of Lodoss War.

To name a few.

Polikarpov
06-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Some of my favorite off the top of my head

Series:
-YuYu Hakusho
-Death Note
-Monster
-Mushi-shi
-Nodame Cantabile
-Samurai Champloo
-Elfen Lied
-Le Chevalier d'Eon
-Great Teacher Onizuka
-Slam Dunk!
-Chobits
-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Films:
-The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
-Perfect Blue
-5 Centimeters Per Second
-Grave of The Fireflies
-Millenium Actress
-Spirited Away

I grew up watching animes and I also those old series such as Voltes V, Daimos, Romeo's Blue Skies, Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, etc.

So much memories!

kooties
06-09-2011, 12:42 PM
I don't really like anime, but the Miyazaki / Studio Ghibli movies are good.

FiBeR
10-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Oh my god!!! Naruto Shippuden :hearts:

Is anyone else following it??? The Madara move :worship:

I think I cracked who Tobi is

FiBeR
10-16-2011, 12:28 AM
Finally Ive got to the last and current episode of Naruto Shippuden :D

In 3 months Ive catch up with it :lol: :cool:

I must say I have my theories about Tobi having the body of Kakashi's friend :shrug:

:lol: forgot I posted this over 5 months ago :rolls:

The plot thickens so much right now!

zerocool_
10-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Some of my favorite, Dragon Ball (everthing except GT, it sux), Berserk, Claymore, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood is a little better, Death Note, Helsing, Darker than Black, Monster, Ergo Prox y, etc, etc.. xD