When trailers are better than the movies [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

When trailers are better than the movies

out_here_grindin
03-01-2010, 02:04 AM
What are some trailers that were just awesome but the movie left a lot to be desired.

One's I thought of:

Rhfywi5Y8TM

Amazing trailer with magical song. The movie was also pretty good but it didn't give me the same sense of wonder.

kDpCXtD_i84

Awesome trailer. Very cool concept. Made me suffer every day that I had to wait for this movie to hit theatres. The movie was probablly the worst of the Star Wars saga and was a big dissapointment.(still enjoyed it though).

E4blSrZvPhU

I had never heard of Watchmen until this trailer prior to Dark Knight. Awesome song and set the mood beautifully. I went on to read the graphic novel and looked forward to the movie. While the movie did not live up to the trailer or grpahic novel, it was still decent.

The formula for a cool trailer is few words and a perfect mood setting song. It just does not guarantee a great movie.

What are some that you have come across?

theMEESH
03-01-2010, 03:16 AM
dude. i loved where the wild things are.

sammy01
03-01-2010, 03:55 AM
Slightly different but when i was 14, me and 2 friends rented what looked like this really scary low budget horror film called harvesters. anyway we kind of shit ourselves at the thought of watching it, but being 14 we were obviously too headstrong and had too much pride so we put it on and prepared ourselfs to be emotionally scarred for life.

5 minutes in we realised that the words 'low budget' was a bit of a compliment to this film. it is hands down the funniest film i have ever seen, but it is so funny because it fails so hard at being scary. with a plot straight out of some kids fanfic, shots from random bits of documentries, a running through the woods scene on loop 3 times so that you might not notice (i guess if you didn't have eyes, or had never been to a woods) that it was just 10 trees and someones backyard.

my friend lauren actually wet herself laughing so hard, picture the 3 of us standing over her jeans drying the crotch with a hairdryer, while she wore a pair of my friends boxers and we still looked more classy than the film lol.

theres a review of it that sums it up perfectly;

I work in a video store and this is by far the worst movie I have ever come across, and that is saying something! The horrible dialog wasn't helped by the acting, which was god awful, the story line was boring and seemed thrown together, the graphics were cheesy and the fight scenes MUST have been made up on the spot.

We follow the story of Frankie Falzone who, for some reason, is a lesbian. Its only brought up once and I think it was just an excuse to film in a strip club. She and her "gang" are on the run from a couple of the most inept U.S. Marshals in the history of the United States. Why you need five people to rob a liquor store I'll never know but...what ever. After hanging out in the woods for a while, and by woods I mean what looks like somebody's back yard, they carjack somebody and proceed with a home invasion, which they instantly screw up, never mind the fact that these people want to harvest their organs. After a stupid and gratuitous bath scene, everyone in the "gang" but Frankie is killed. Then there is some running down some paths in the woods. Then a lot of running down some paths in the woods. Frankie gets some of her things and tries to do some Rambo style traps which "of course" works. All of this leads up to a final horrible fight scene in which Frankie wins. She then hears some one crying and she finds a, as yet unseen, little girl who proceeds to stab her in the throat. The end.

I am willing to bet most of the equipment was borrowed for this film and the actors did it "for the experience". If I had to venture a guess I would say they had a budget of about $20 and spent it on beer.

Bottom line? See it if for no other reason than to say you saw the worst movie ever made

i have never been so dissapointed in something to the point that it made it so funny, anyway heres the youtube trailer and think from this you can get a feel of the groundbreaking work that went into it lol

hw6AuyrS89o

i now own it on dvd, me and my friend lauren brought it a few years ago to remember one of the most surreal and funny nights of our lives. i now show it to friends to let them in on the movie i class as one of the funniest ever.

zine56
03-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Cabin Fever, trailer makes it look like a B+ horror movie , but really is a -F
YoJWIXj1VvM

Dungeons and Dragons, huge hype about this one , but one of the worst movies i've seen in my life , i had to stop watching after the first 30 minutes
efSq9FF1r2Q

forzamilan90
03-01-2010, 01:33 PM
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, the movie was a 7/10 but the trailer made it out to be the masterpiece of the decade

theMEESH
03-01-2010, 01:41 PM
ANYTHING from m. night shyamalan

Ivanatis
03-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I totally agree on Where The Wild Things Are. Don't think another movie disappointed me that much this year.

theMEESH
03-01-2010, 02:04 PM
@Deck. DUDE. I soooo didn't know Wiliam Shatner was canadian! That's cool.

:Zaz:
03-01-2010, 11:42 PM
I remember way back when, me and my brother thought Pushing Tin looked like a good movie from the trailer, and it was chronically bad in reality IMO.

Also Deep Blue Sea

out_here_grindin
11-26-2010, 04:46 AM
I really don't see too many good trailers these days. They are all in the same mold. Flashy explosions,snappy quotes and close-ups of faces.

The 3 in my original post are still top of the line trailers. But the movies were subpar

finishingmove
11-26-2010, 05:01 AM
ZPBvFXf9Q2U

finishingmove
11-26-2010, 05:01 AM
ANYTHING from m. night shyamalan

/thread

Pirata.
11-26-2010, 06:22 AM
oB55bv4B8LQ

:o

Pirata.
11-26-2010, 06:31 AM
kCAcWDDPdNY

Chair Umpire
12-09-2010, 09:51 PM
fCuzOwYPr-k

DartMarcus
12-09-2010, 11:09 PM
The Watchmen is one of the best movies of the decade and probably the best comics film in a same category with V for Vendetta, Dark Knight and Sin City. ;)
Trailer is amazing too.

out_here_grindin
12-10-2013, 08:39 AM
From early reviews it's looking like The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is going to make this list. Great trailer but reviews so far aren't so good.

Rychu
12-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Basically any catastrophic movie

Dolgopolover
12-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Anything by Michael Bay.

out_here_grindin
05-29-2014, 05:53 AM
Godzilla

out_here_grindin
06-01-2014, 06:48 AM
Interstellar will have to live up to its trailer

3WzHXI5HizQ

MichaelKrep
06-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Teaser trailers are always better. It's because they are super minimalist and leave the imagination to fill the gaps with whatever the viewer wants the film to be. But I do agree, Interstellar looks interesting.

Is it about farming or space flight, though, I'm still a bit unsure.

MichaelKrep
06-01-2014, 01:34 PM
zSWdZVtXT7E

Thankfully it is about space. Looks really interesting, especially the idea that of course, in the long run we need to look at inhabitable planets beyond the Earth.

Roger the Dodger
06-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Thankfully it is about space. Looks really interesting, especially the idea that of course, in the long run we need to look at inhabitable planets beyond the Earth.

There are some? :cool:

MichaelKrep
06-01-2014, 08:11 PM
There are some? :cool:

I sure hope there are some if we are to build a Galactic Federation and dominate the Universe.