"General Gasquet Chat" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

"General Gasquet Chat"

Pages : [1] 2

ImmzB
02-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Genral Gasquet Chat

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What Ranking do u want Gasquet to be for the French Open & Wimbledon.

I hope he returns to the Top 32 ASAP....Im sure he will defiantly do it...but when, I really hope he can do it before the French and gets a Seeding there.

So do u think he can do it?

acd692
02-27-2010, 08:23 PM
i wish the same as you, but i think it's going to be difficult by june to have a number 32, maybe by the end of the year

GasquetFan
02-28-2010, 12:23 AM
What Ranking do u want Gasquet to be for the French Open & Wimbledon.

I hope he returns to the Top 32 ASAP....Im sure he will defiantly do it...but when, I really hope he can do it before the French and gets a Seeding there.

So do u think he can do it?

Well winner of Miami gets 1,000 points... would put Richard back in the top 20. :devil: Go Richie Go!! ;)

ImmzB
02-28-2010, 02:31 PM
What will Gasquet's Ranking be tommorow?

Around in the 60-70?

ImmzB
02-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Gasquet's Ranking will be 69 tommorow (Monday)

reggie1
02-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Hmmm, not great! Didn't Tori say it's going to drop further to 80 after his performance this week? The ranking really worries me to be honest. Anything outside the top 20 and you're just cannon fodder for the top seeds and get terrible 1st/2nd rounds and just can't progress. I just so so hope he can turn this around.

Davodus
03-01-2010, 01:43 AM
He is ranked 69.

Lemon Custard
03-01-2010, 03:36 AM
He is ranked 69.

Giggedy.

ImmzB
03-01-2010, 10:15 AM
I think Richie needs 2 have about 2-3 good tournaments 2 get his Ranking right up.

Hopefully he does good in INDIAN WELLS & MIAMI AND PUSHES THE RANKING UP.

ImmzB
03-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Gasquet has 45 Points (3rd Round) to defend in Indian Wells.

ImmzB
08-14-2010, 03:11 PM
When do you think Richie will able reach 10 ATP Titles?

Currently he has 6 with loosing 8 Finals.

I really hope he can achieve this by the end of next year.

I hope he can add atleast 1 more title this year which would be great even 2 would be awesome! I'm looking at New Haven as a big target, defiantly winnable if he plays his best tennis.

What do you guys think?

Cloudygirl
08-14-2010, 03:20 PM
I think you are ridiculously optimistic.

With Richard anything is possible but at the same time unlikely.

ImmzB
08-14-2010, 03:25 PM
I think you are ridiculously optimistic.

With Richard anything is possible but at the same time unlikely.

:lol:

You have to be postive? no?

ImmzB
08-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Richie has only 225 points to defend until the end of the year.

21.09.2009: Metz- SF- 90 Points- 27.09.2010
28.09.2009: Kuala Lumpur- QF- 45 Points- 04.10.2010
02.11.2009: Basel- QF- 90 Points- 08.11.2010

Excluding the US Open & Shanghai Masters (10 Points)....because he lost in the 1st round last year.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Richard-Gasquet.aspx?t=rb

reggie1
08-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Immran, you're such a little ray of sunshine :hug: I love how you're always so positive. Us oldies are more pessimistic unfortunately :lol:

Cloudygirl
08-14-2010, 07:15 PM
he's worn us down over time ;)

ImmzB
08-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Immran, you're such a little ray of sunshine :hug: I love how you're always so positive. Us oldies are more pessimistic unfortunately :lol:

:)

Thanks, I guess that's the mindset you need when your an athlete & Gasquet is also postive so that is good aswell.

Schu
08-15-2010, 01:19 AM

Not pessimistic - just realistic. Hell my 2 favorite players are Richie and Nalbandian, without a dose of realism, i'd be in the nuthouse. But if richie STAYS healthy and believes in himself anything and everything is possible.

Cloudygirl
08-15-2010, 01:21 AM
Not pessimistic - just realistic. Hell my 2 favorite players are Richie and Nalbandian, without a dose of realism, i'd be in the nuthouse. But if richie STAYS healthy and believes in himself anything and everything is possible.

David is winning the USO this year. I'm telling you it's on!!

icecastle
08-29-2010, 05:08 PM
I still can't find Richie.. It's so hot here & the USO don't have a list where the players are practicing.. :o

Cloudygirl
08-29-2010, 05:33 PM
try stalking french players and see if he is practising with any of them.

icecastle
08-29-2010, 05:41 PM
I can't find any of the frenchies either..

*Pauline*
08-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Richie made an interview for the french TV just one hour ago live from NY. I don't know if he was already in Flushing Meadows but I think so. That's probably why he trains later today.

In that itw, Richard said he was feeling good physically, no injuries at all and that's a good sign for him. He spoke a little about his first opponent, Simon Greul and said it was an accessible first round. But he added that each match is difficult to win and he has ever lost against this guy so this is going to be tough.

Of course, we had some questions about the Miami stuff, and Richie said that now, he feels really well, this incredible story is behind him.

Then, Richie was asked about his great clay spring season. The journalist asked him if the match against Murray was, for him, the real beginning of a new career. Richard could not really answer this question. He first hesitated and then added that now, he plays better than in the beginning of the year. And he still believes in himself, he's still young.

Finally, Richard spoke of the Davis Cup tie in Lyon against Argentina. He explained he strongly hopes to be picked for this semi-final. "I was close to play in Clermont-Ferrand but I get injured. This time, I'll do my best to play this tie. Everybody (French players) wants to play in Lyon so everybody will do the maximum."

Puschkin
08-29-2010, 07:11 PM
I still can't find Richie.. It's so hot here & the USO don't have a list where the players are practicing.. :o

He practised yesterday with Roger. Did you see him?

icecastle
08-29-2010, 08:08 PM
No I didn't see him yesterday. He wasn't on the practice list yesterday. I knew that Fed was practicing at that time but I had no idea Richie was there too. :o

I've searched everywhere today since this morning & no sign of him. again he wasn't on the practice list. I think he's deliberately making stalking difficult. :o So far the only frenchies I've seen today were Bennetau with Stan, Gael with Gulbis. It's so terribly hot today here I hope the weather tomorrow is better.

I don't think court 10 will be streamed cause they're already setting up cams for tomorrow and I haven't seen anyone setting up in court 10.

Cloudygirl
08-29-2010, 08:35 PM
if he gave an interview earlier maybe he's practising this afternoon.

Happy hunting ;)

icecastle
08-29-2010, 08:39 PM
I only have one more hour here then I'm going home or I'll be late for church. I hope he shows up here in the court I'm in cause I'm too exhausted to walk all around again for the nth time. :o

icecastle
08-29-2010, 09:06 PM
I give up. I walked around again but still no Richie. I'll just see him tomorrow then.

reggie1
08-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Don't take it personally Icecastle. He has eluded Many of his fans when we've been hoping/expecting to see him at tournies. :lol:

Cloudygirl
08-29-2010, 11:29 PM
yeah at least he shows when you go to tournaments :(

maybe I'll ask him if he ever plans to show up at a tournament that I go to.

Cloudygirl
08-30-2010, 10:52 AM
he trained with Roddick. He so reads our comments or at least has coaches as wise as us :D:angel::angel:

case
08-30-2010, 12:29 PM
he trained with Roddick. He so reads our comments or at least has coaches as wise as us :D:angel::angel:
he did? a little surprised-shouldnt be i guess.
that will make bgt happy. ;)

case
08-30-2010, 12:30 PM
I give up. I walked around again but still no Richie. I'll just see him tomorrow then.

thanks for your reports. not much on gasquet at the open anywhere else

icecastle
09-24-2010, 05:26 AM
I just saw in GM that some stupid people in GM is discussing again that hideous "issue" against our boy! I've never given a bad rep before but I'm seriously considering it now. I mean seriously, when will they give it a rest. He was already cleared by the tribunal for heaven's sake. :mad:

Puschkin
09-24-2010, 07:07 AM
I just saw in GM that some stupid people in GM is discussing again that hideous "issue" against our boy! I've never given a bad rep before but I'm seriously considering it now. I mean seriously, when will they give it a rest. He was already cleared by the tribunal for heaven's sake. :mad:
I can't find the thread you are talking about, but reporting is a much better strategy than bad rapping against those guys. :wavey:

ImmzB
10-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Richie will be ranked number 28 on Monday.

Hoping still that he can reach the top 20 by the end of the year, 3 tournaments left for him to do that. :shrug:

ImmzB
10-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Puschkin According to http://www.welovetennis.fr/atp-brisbane/28511-avec-gasquet-et-roddick Richard will play Brisbane.

Marcos Baghdatis Mardy Fish Richard Gasquet and men have already confirmed their participation in the tournament in Brisbane early next January. "With eight players already confirmed for the 2011 edition, the Brisbane International will have as one of the favorit events for players and players" said Steve Ayles, director of the competition.

Davodus
10-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I'm really happy Richard is playing Brisbane again, because I'll be going to it from the first practice Friday until the next Friday, every day...so I'll be able to see his matches and practice sessions and everything else :lol:

Puschkin
10-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I'm really happy Richard is playing Brisbane again.
So are we, as it always great to have a "reporter" on the spot.

:topic: from tomorrow onwards, I won't be around for some time, hoping to back for Bercy.

tennisc
10-21-2010, 07:25 PM
I really enjoyed your reports at Brisbane this year, Davodus. Hope for more of the same next year!
Puschkin, we'll miss you. Have a good time and be back soon!

Davodus
10-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks :p I'll do more this year, because I can use the internet better off my blackberry, so I should be able to use twitter live from the matches and practices more easily, with pictures and stuff ;)

teem
10-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks :p I'll do more this year, because I can use the internet better off my blackberry, so I should be able to use twitter live from the matches and practices more easily, with pictures and stuff ;)

you're a lucky dog !

ImmzB
11-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Who thinks Richie will play the South American season in 2011 or play the European tournaments?

teem
11-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Who thinks Richie will play the South American season in 2011 or play the European tournaments?

european maybe !

icecastle
11-20-2010, 05:45 AM
This place is so quiet. I really hate the tennis off-season..

teem
11-20-2010, 08:21 AM
This place is so quiet. I really hate the tennis off-season..

Wait sooner or later that will be the DC in serbia ;)
and in a few days london ... i don't licke the masters :devil:

teem
11-20-2010, 08:23 AM
like ! sorry !

icecastle
11-21-2010, 03:45 AM
Wait sooner or later that will be the DC in serbia ;)
and in a few days london ... i don't licke the masters :devil:

Cant wait for the DC to start. I hope France bags the title. :bounce:

teem
11-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Cant wait for the DC to start. I hope France bags the title. :bounce:

+1 I hope too :worship:. gael is going to paris today before st cyprien
At least "the best team win" ! :rolleyes:

ImmzB
11-22-2010, 08:32 PM
I think Richie will play the South American season after the Australian Open, nothing confirmed yet though.

Richie isn't on the Early Commitments for Rotterdam or Marseille, this doesn't mean anything though, it's just Richie normally commits to a French tournament if he is playing.

The Rotterdam Early Commitments List is looking great!!

Novak Djokovic
Robin Söderling
Andy Murray
Tomas Berdych
David Ferrer
Mikhail Youzhny
Jurgen Melzer
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
Marin Cilic
John Isner
Marcos Baghdatis
Nikolay Davydenko
Ernest Gulbis

ImmzB
11-23-2010, 05:02 PM
It appears that Richie will now play Chennai instead of Brisbane.

Gasquet is on the Chennai Entry List.

The Chennai Entry List is defiantly weaker than the Brisbane one.

1 Berdych, Tomas CZE 6
2 Cilic, Marin CRO 14
3 Gasquet, Richard FRA 29
4 Chardy, Jeremy FRA 45
5 Tipsarevic, Janko SRB 49
6 Haase, Robin NED 59
7 Malisse, Xavier BEL 61
8 Schwank, Eduardo ARG 74
9 Dodig, Ivan CRO 86
10 Ilhan, Marsel TUR 89
11 Machado, Rui POR 91
12 Brown, Dustin GER 93
13 Daniel, Marcos BRA 96
14 Mathieu, Paul-Henri FRA 97
15 Nishikori, Kei JPN 99
16 Gil, Frederico POR 101
17 Phau, Bjorn GER 102
18 Bolelli, Simone ITA 105
19 Falla, Alejandro COL 104
20 Devvarman, Somdev IND 106
21 Kavcic, Blaz SLO 108
22 Rochus, Olivier BEL 111
23 Dimitrov, Grigor BUL 112
24 Reister, Julian GER 113
25 Kendrick, Robert USA 114
26 (Q)
27 (Q)
28 (Q)
29 (Q)
30 (WC)
31 (WC)
32 (WC)

icecastle
11-29-2010, 03:38 AM
As much I want Richie to be in the team, I think he may still be the 5th man come Thursday. :(

But I hope he can some way get into the 4 man team! :)

There's a big chance they will call him if the court surface is very slow.

I hope there's a video of the practices, i miss watching Richie so bad.. :o

Puschkin
11-29-2010, 07:20 PM
I hope there's a video of the practices, i miss watching Richie so bad.. :o

http://www.fft.fr/coupe-davis/2010/serbie-france/?inc=lecteur.html

Briefly you can see Richard playing doubles with Forget. I know that everyone thinks the selection is a done deal, but I somehow feel it isn't.

Getta
11-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Briefly you can see Richard playing doubles with Forget. I know that everyone thinks the selection is a done deal, but I somehow feel it isn't.

pour plus de détails, voir ici (http://www.fft.fr/Coupe-Davis/2010/Serbie-France/albums/album3/medium/0006.jpg). ;)

icecastle
11-30-2010, 02:04 PM
http://www.fft.fr/coupe-davis/2010/serbie-france/?inc=lecteur.html

Thanks again. :) you're the best! :hug:

Puschkin
12-01-2010, 09:38 PM
http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/137287/la-tentation-simon/

Richard beat Simon in the breaker of a practise set. I don't think it will make him selected, he seems to have been out of it weeks ago, but at least he added a strong message.

Schu
12-01-2010, 11:08 PM
http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/137287/la-tentation-simon/

Richard beat Simon in the breaker of a practise set. I don't think it will make him selected, he seems to have been out of it weeks ago, but at least he added a strong message.

True, I think Richard would have to have been sending a strong message for months (which he didn't) in order for him to be a viable option.

I'll actually enjoy watching DC more - won't have to worry about Richard getting slammed by the press if he looses and I won't be conflicted on who to cheer for. Sorry French fans but the only guys I really like on the French Team are Richard and Benny. Since neither are playing and I do like Novack and Tipsa, guess I'm cheering for Serbia. Plus I think it will be sort of special for a young country like Serbia which struggled to even find 4 players for a team just a few years ago to win the DC.

Cloudygirl
12-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Well if they wanted Richard to be a viable option he would have played a few doubs matches with Llodra or Benneteau this year.

Still think he's as deserving of a singles rubber as Gilles is.

So if Richard beat Gilles in practice who beat Gael then Richard should be at least number 2 :)

How's Mika been doing in practice any news on that?

Schu
12-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Well if they wanted Richard to be a viable option he would have played a few doubs matches with Llodra or Benneteau this year.

Still think he's as deserving of a singles rubber as Gilles is.

Yea, RIchard played doubles several times this fall but not with anyone with "DC potential".

I agree, based on recent form (mentally and physically) in tournaments cuz practice is a different story, I'd say Richard and GIlles would be even money and Richard actually has a lot more DC pressure experience than SImon and is a doubles option but I tend to think RIchard was out of the picture for a long time (maybe the USA DC disaster still hangs over him). Anyway looking at the practice photos and press conference pics, Richard seems very happy, maybe even happier that if he were in the spotlight, so whatever...

Puschkin
12-02-2010, 07:57 AM
So if Richard beat Gilles in practice who beat Gael then Richard should be at least number 2 :)

How's Mika been doing in practice any news on that?
Lost 4-6 to Gilles :haha:

Yea, RIchard played doubles several times this fall but not with anyone with "DC potential".
Yep, ERV was the wrong choice. That' s why I always said he should play doubles with Chardy. I really think this could be the French combo for the future. Chardy with his powerful serve and a strong FH is the right complement. They both start 2011 in Chennai, maybe we'll see it materialise. :D

Hewitt =Legend
12-04-2010, 03:26 AM
Yay Richie's coming to Sydney again :)

Judging by the entry list, he has a chance to go one step further and win the title next year. Could be a repeat final from this year as well.

Getta
12-04-2010, 07:34 AM
i'm cheering for France.

Yay Richie's coming to Sydney again :)

Judging by the entry list, he has a chance to go one step further and win the title next year. Could be a repeat final from this year as well.

hope both Richie and Marcos have a couple of days off to relax before they come to practise at Melbourne Park ahead of the AO. :)

teem
12-04-2010, 09:36 AM
i'm cheering for France.

hope both Richie and Marcos have a couple of days off to relax before they come to practise at Melbourne Park ahead of the AO. :)

It could be a good idea they could take rest in you island ! :) Here in Paris it is very cold and in australia very hot ! I didn't remembered richie was in final in there ... against bagda

Getta
12-04-2010, 11:42 AM
It could be a good idea they could take rest in you island ! :)

i guess you're referring to Guam. let's say that the flag of Guam is a smoke screen that obscures my identity. ;) i'm a Greek living in Athens.

Here in Paris it is very cold and in australia very hot !

well, the Mediterranean climate is ideal for all kinds of outdoor activities. :yeah:

I didn't remembered richie was in final in there ... against bagda

tu peux voir ça ici (http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae170/vassokalm/various1/sydney2010.jpg).

Puschkin
12-04-2010, 02:10 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=169135&page=21
Post 314

Llodra's talk about Richard is really pissing me off, very :mad:

icecastle
12-04-2010, 05:25 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=169135&page=21
Post 314

Llodra's talk about Richard is really pissing me off, very :mad:

That was low for Mika to be saying things like that! :fiery: He has no respect at all to Richard who is still his teammate! Furthermore, that happened years ago, why does he have to bring that up now?:mad:

~*BGT*~
12-04-2010, 09:17 PM
I don't see anything wrong with what Mika said. :confused: Looks like he said it was the only time he'd played with Richard and they didn't really "work" well together, which was obvious. Richard is in a difficult time. He is shy and young. In 2007, he was made the leader of a team composed of players much more experienced than he. 6 years younger than Mika, 9 years younger than Arnaud, 8 years younger than Grosjean. He was alone.

I know my French is good enough to understand that simple paragraph. :lol: Did I miss something? :confused:

icecastle
12-05-2010, 06:30 AM
I guess what Mika said came to me as he is blaming Richard for their loss. That it is Richard's fault that they did not work well together. And I really dont understand why he has to bring up this issue again. Its as if he was trying to remind people what happened before to justify why Richard was not chosen to play.

I dont know, I guess I overreacted. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Puschkin
12-05-2010, 08:21 AM
In 2007, he was made the leader of a team composed of players much more experienced than he. 6 years younger than Mika, 9 years younger than Arnaud, 8 years younger than Grosjean. He was alone.

One can also turn this around and say neither the older players nor Forget were capapable of integrating Richard in the team which is rather poor from them.

And I really dont understand why he has to bring up this issue again. Its as if he was trying to remind people what happened before to justify why Richard was not chosen to play.

Exactly. It just was low and one can't turn it into s positive spin.

silverwhite
12-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Difficult to judge what sort of tone he used but has it ever occurred to him that he played a role in the defeat as well? :confused:

Puschkin
12-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Difficult to judge what sort of tone he used but has it ever occurred to him that he played a role in the defeat as well? :confused:
:topic: Probably not. He has convinced everyone that he is a force in doubles that people take it as the bible. On rgnet someone even posted after yesterday's match that it was Llodra who turned the match around while it was Clément who carried Llodra through. I mean how blind can one be?

Blackbriar
12-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Gasquet is lucky not to be implicated in this shipwreck. Llodra was horrible, Monfils was a clown. I think Gasquet was relieved to not be part of that.

scmom
12-05-2010, 05:46 PM
I was going to ask what the article said, for some reason I could not access it . But you have explained what was said - so thank you.
I am not sure what to make of what Llodra said, but it does seem to me that the loss when he and Richard played doubles was a team effort - no one wins or loses a doubles match by himself.
So Llodra should think before he speaks .

I agree with you , Puschkin , watching the dubs yesterday - it was clear to me that Clement was the one who sparked the team on to victory . It was his leadership - not Llodra's. Llodra looked very nervous and tight to me .
As he did today . I know it is hard to say - since Llodra has performed so well for the team all year - that to put him in the deciding match was a mistake - but considering Gilles had a 4-0 head to head against Troicki - Gilles might have been a better choice here . But , we will never know.
Regardless of what you think of Llodra , however, watching him cry after his loss was gut wrenching . I kind of wish they had not shown that on the television.

~*BGT*~
12-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Gasquet is lucky not to be implicated in this shipwreck. Llodra was horrible, Monfils was a clown. I think Gasquet was relieved to not be part of that.

I know. :lol: Look on the bright side everyone: Richie played no part in this weekend. :lol:

mukado
12-05-2010, 06:05 PM

No no and no : Monfils was not a clown, and it is not certain Simon would have beat Troicki !

Ritchie is just unlucky to have lost 2 weeks of the individual physical work he needs for the next season. As far is non-selection against Argentinia was very unfair, as well it's logical against Serbia and I would have prefer him to be out of the 5.

All his bad end of season seems the consequence of 2 things :
- loss of confidence due to Forget's decision (and words ?)
- loss of tennis due to break with Markus

Puschkin
12-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Ritchie is just unlucky to have lost 2 weeks of the individual physical work he needs for the next season.
Exactly.

However, I feel that Forget did get his choices wrong, but it is true that Troicki played a great match and Simon might have lost, too. The underlying flaw in every French selection is in my view the focus on the doubles. And though Clément did do very well yesterday, it did not help to win the tie.

silverwhite
12-05-2010, 06:18 PM
I know. :lol: Look on the bright side everyone: Richie played no part in this weekend. :lol:

This x 2049402, as much as I hate to say it :tape:

I feel for him, Jo and Benny watching helplessly on the sidelines :o

~*BGT*~
12-05-2010, 06:23 PM
I am 100% sure that if Jo was in it, we'd have won. No doubts.

Puschkin
12-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Heavily disagree.:p

~*BGT*~
12-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Heavily disagree.:p

Well, I know Jo would not have played Nole the way Gael played today. :p

Puschkin
12-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Well, I know Jo would not have played Nole the way Gael played today. :p
In the spirit of harmony, let's not get started on this here. Everyone who wants to discuss what JWT could have/would have done, is invited to his forum. I won't distrurb your dreams there. :p

silverwhite
12-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Anyway, I don't know how long more Clement/Llodra can hold up. The prime candidate to replace them amongst the "youngsters" is... :unsure:

ImmzB
12-05-2010, 06:32 PM

What about 100% sure that if Richie was playing, France would of won? :p :p

Puschkin
12-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Anyway, I don't know how long more Clement/Llodra can hold up. The prime candidate to replace them amongst the "youngsters" is... :unsure:
Gasquet/Chardy!:)

silverwhite
12-05-2010, 06:36 PM

I don't think he has been thrashed soundly in big matches that often. He would probably have lost in 5 sets after being 2-0 or 2-1 up. Not sure if that would have been preferable for Forget :scratch:

silverwhite
12-05-2010, 06:42 PM

That or Gasquet/Tsonga, depending on how reliant the team is on Jo for singles

~*BGT*~
12-05-2010, 06:42 PM

RiChardy. What a beautiful team in so many ways. :hearts:

ImmzB
12-05-2010, 06:43 PM
For next year, it's going to be hard for Richie to be getting into the team with Monfils and Tsonga for the singles and Llodra and Benny/Clement for the Doubles.

I hope Richie starts 2011 well and get's some how into the 4 man team, no more the "5th player" :D

France play Austria in the 1st round next year.

Schu
12-05-2010, 06:44 PM

NOt so sure at all. Before his latest injury Jo really was not playing that well and Novak was pretty much perfect this weekend, Troicki too today.

It was sad to see Llodra crying on the bench. No matter what I think of him it was clear he wanted it badly and just couldn't make it happen. Did anyone notice when all the players were around Llodra trying to console him, Richard was standing back a bit just sort of looking around. Richard looked sorry for llodra and probably just didn't feel the need to be one more person telling Llodra "it's O.k." but when I saw him standing back my first thought was that he was thinking - "yea, Mika, I've been there too and thank god it wasn't me this time."

I'm not sure why some think Simon would have done better against Troicki TODAY.
Head to head goes out the window in Davis Cup and Simon hasn't won a live DC yet.

I hope next year Richard is either CLEARLY ON the team or does as Federer so often does and concerns himself more with his own game than with a team it appears he isn't going to be given a chance to be part of. I'd prefer the former. And why doesn't the loyal, repeat 5th man get even a mention at the ceremony :o

Well guess that's it until January...

ImmzB
12-05-2010, 06:53 PM
:topic:

With Troicki winning today, Richie will be seeded 5th in Sydney meaning missing out on a BYE into round 2.

Schu
12-05-2010, 06:54 PM

AS much as I would LOVE to think that, I'm 95% sure the outcome would not have been any different with the way the Serbs played.

Schu
12-05-2010, 06:58 PM
:topic:

With Troicki winning today, Richie will be seeded 5th in Sydney meaning missing out on a BYE into round 2.

Just as well, byes don't usually seem to help Richie anyway - he needs a few rounds to get in the grove.

silverwhite
12-05-2010, 07:02 PM
France play Austria in the 1st round next year.[/B]

Right! Depending on who'll be playing, I might feel tempted to head over for the weekend :p

Blackbriar
12-05-2010, 07:21 PM
NOt so sure at all. Before his latest injury Jo really was not playing that well and Novak was pretty much perfect this weekend, Troicki too today.

It was sad to see Llodra crying on the bench. No matter what I think of him it was clear he wanted it badly and just couldn't make it happen. Did anyone notice when all the players were around Llodra trying to console him, Richard was standing back a bit just sort of looking around. Richard looked sorry for llodra and probably just didn't feel the need to be one more person telling Llodra "it's O.k." but when I saw him standing back my first thought was that he was thinking - "yea, Mika, I've been there too and thank god it wasn't me this time."

I'm not sure why some think Simon would have done better against Troicki TODAY.
Head to head goes out the window in Davis Cup and Simon hasn't won a live DC yet.

I hope next year Richard is either CLEARLY ON the team or does as Federer so often does and concerns himself more with his own game than with a team it appears he isn't going to be given a chance to be part of. I'd prefer the former. And why doesn't the loyal, repeat 5th man get even a mention at the ceremony :o

Well guess that's it until January...

I agree. Llodra likes to badmouth Richard, just like everybody else in the french team. And then everyone seem completely flabbergasted when Richard says he is not really concerned by a tournament in which he is not even playing a single match. :rolleyes: For them, Richard should suicide himself by being the sparring partner of lesser players during training sessions and then get passionate about sitting on a bench during all the weekend.

~*BGT*~
12-05-2010, 08:26 PM
We're all concerned about Richie getting on the team, but does he want to be?

Blackbriar
12-05-2010, 08:55 PM
there's no way he would have lost 6/2 6/2 6/3 today. no way. it would have been a 4th or 5th setter for sure!

Puschkin
12-05-2010, 08:57 PM
RiChardy. What a beautiful team in so many ways. :hearts:

I knew you would like this combo. :wavey:

We're all concerned about Richie getting on the team, but does he want to be?
I am convinced about it. What other reason to play the role of the 5th guy three times without complaint? He could well have cited in "injury" and have been out of it.

As for the tie in Austria in 2011, the surface has not been decided upon, but I can well smell CLAY.

ImmzB
12-05-2010, 10:12 PM
As for the tie in Austria in 2011, the surface has not been decided upon, but I can well smell CLAY.

If it is CLAY, Monfils and Tsonga/Gasquet/Simon for the Singles??

case
12-05-2010, 10:38 PM
well the drama of the davis cup is over-thankfully.
some of the comments here and on gm were quite entertaining and i thank all for that! at least people arent all pounding on gasquet for once.
davis cup never seems like real tennis to me. wish it was time to go to oz.

icecastle
12-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Im just glad Richard wasn't called in to play, at least he is not be blamed for the loss.

scmom
12-05-2010, 11:01 PM
I would love to see Richard and Chardy team up for doubles
I think they would be an excellent team - and quite an attractive pair on top of it all :)

I cannot imagine that Richard would have been the loyal fifth man in all of this , if he did not want to be a part of the team and harbor hopes of playing again for France.
So , I hope that he gets his chance this next year - either in singles or doubles - and is a winner .

And now , Richard , enjoy the short off season . Train hard ! and good luck in 2011 !

icecastle
12-05-2010, 11:25 PM
I would love to see Richard and Chardy team up for doubles
I think they would be an excellent team - and quite an attractive pair on top of it all :)

+1 :hearts:

Haasi
12-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Why Llodra and Richard don't get along well?

~*BGT*~
12-06-2010, 04:48 AM
I knew you would like this combo. :wavey:

This combo would knock my socks off:

2008 Sydney. Saved 3 MP in a row to beat the Bryans in the final.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2025/2234024217_8f7c9d53ce.jpg?v=0

DC teammates

http://cache.20minutes.fr/img/photos/afp/2008-02/2008-02-08/article_CPS.IBX29.080208075954.photo00.photo.defau lt-512x391.jpg

Party partners

http://towleroad.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/12/tsonga_gasquet.jpg

BFF's

http://www.lefigaro.fr/medias/2008/01/29/2a8d1e18-ce6a-11dc-8964-f407b139ce60.jpg

Photogenic

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/78911037.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892155F29F61288AC1CA4F64256EAF440927 9B91CE0DE97F842C566A147DA2124289

Successful team

http://www.sport24.com/var/plain_site/storage/images/media/images/tennis/diaporamas/la-carriere-de-tsonga/tsonga-avec-gasquet/1966092-1-fre-FR/tsonga-avec-gasquet_diaporama.jpg

Perfect. :D

Bri
12-06-2010, 06:45 AM
[QUOTE=~*BGT*~;10576711]This combo would knock my socks off:

2008 Sydney. Saved 3 MP in a row to beat the Bryans in the final.

:worship:

I was there...not being biased but they played amazingly to come back and win!

pascal'rG
12-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Yes !! Gasquet/Tsonga for double DC team ! I wonder why they didn't play together on tour more often ?
But still Tsonga has the spirit to make Gasquet play better...together they can be impossible to defeat...
The problem is they will be just 3 : Tsonga, Gasquet, Monfils and it's not enough for a davis cup team ;-)

pascal'rG
12-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Llodra/gasquet could be a good team but the problem is Llodra is a leftie and Gasquet has a better backhand...so their best weapons are on the same wing wich is not good for covering.

But they could work on it assuming they really want to play together.

For a moment Gasquet played with Benetteau and they got very good results. In general they have a bit the same role in a double team wich is maybe why they don't really fit.

Gasquet was really good playing with Llodra's partners as Santoro or Beneteau and with Tsonga.

ImmzB
12-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Looking ahead to 2011, where Richie will open in Chennai.

The Entry list is pretty weak, IMO there are only 3 players which would stop Richie claiming a 7th title which are Berdych, Cilic and Tipsarevic.

Come on Richie, start well to 2011!! :bounce:

Blackbriar
12-07-2010, 06:52 PM
yeah I agree, there is Dimitrov too and some french players, never easy to play a homeboy. he should reach semi-final at least. He has lot of points to defend the following week in Sydney and I doubt he can go as far as last year. Cilic is really the most dangerous, he has won 10 matches in a row in Chennai.

Roger the Dodger
12-07-2010, 07:25 PM
First visit to Richie's MTF locker room. 'General' indeed.

Hope the best for the next season, young pretender! Good luck in Chennai. :yeah:

ImmzB
12-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Do you think Richie will play more Doubles with Forget saying he would like him to play more in 2011?

In Chennai he could partner Chardy/Mathieu and in Sydney Benneteau/Chardy.

Puschkin
12-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Do you think Richie will play more Doubles with Forget saying he would like him to play more in 2011?

In Chennai he could partner Chardy/Mathieu and in Sydney Benneteau/Chardy.

At the rsik of getting boring ;): Yes, he should play doubles with Jim.

mukado
12-09-2010, 06:21 PM
I really like Jeremy but he's ostracized by the federal staff, he's not living in Paris nor in Switerland, he doesn't have an influential trainer, he was always forgotted when he was in the TOP30. He will never be in French Team because of cronyism. :sad:
You have better chance to be in the team if you can play both single and double. Only Tsonga has the right profile.

Puschkin
12-10-2010, 06:52 AM
I really like Jeremy but he's ostracized by the federal staff, he's not living in Paris nor in Switerland, he doesn't have an influential trainer, he was always forgotted when he was in the TOP30. He will never be in French Team because of cronyism. :sad:
He was selected in 2009, and won a dead rubber. In 2010, one has to be honest, his results were not good enough.

You have better chance to be in the team if you can play both single and double.
That's why Clément was selected twice this year. :p In my view, the opposite is true. Forget putting too much emphasis on doubles, thus limiting his choices in singles.

Only Tsonga has the right profile.
even on clay? :haha:

Puschkin
12-10-2010, 07:56 AM
http://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/The-Lowdown-on-the-Top-Tennis-Players/December-2010/Top-Ten-Player-Websites.aspx

ImmzB
12-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Your best Gasquet match of 2010?

1. Gasquet v F.Lopez- Sydney. 1st Round
2. Gasquet v Youzhny- Australian Open. 1st Round
3. Gasquet v Murray- French Open. 1st Round

The last 2, even though Gasquet lost those matches, he played very well.

Roger the Dodger
12-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Your best Gasquet match of 2010?

1. Gasquet v F.Lopez- Sydney. 1st Round
2. Gasquet v Youzhny- Australian Open. 1st Round
3. Gasquet v Murray- French Open. 1st Round

The last 2, even though Gasquet lost those matches, he played very well.

I actually fancied the Nice final against Verdasco which Richie actually won!:D
Good luck to this very talented boy for Chennai!

ImmzB
12-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeah, Richie played great to come back in the 3rd set.

Richie also looked good against F.Lopez in Sydney especially in the 1st set. :)

icecastle
12-10-2010, 08:32 PM
I actually fancied the Nice final against Verdasco which Richie actually won!:D
Good luck to this very talented boy for Chennai!

+1 really liked that Nice final and the look on Verdasco's face after. :devil:

Roger the Dodger
12-11-2010, 07:36 PM
+1 really liked that Nice final and the look on Verdasco's face after. :devil:

'Dasco was shocked he lost. Credit to Richie, who was in flaming form in the third. :devil:

Richie has resilience. But he needs a little bit of luck. I want to see him comeback successfully against the likes of Murray if he's 2 sets down in a best of five. That'll give him huge confidence. He needs a big win. Killing anyone from the top 4 might serve the purpose.

ImmzB
12-11-2010, 09:58 PM
That Nice final was just too tense. :scared:

Blackbriar
12-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Gasquet vs Davydenko USO - just the perfect match from ritchie, no pressure, high level.

Blackbriar
12-13-2010, 05:44 PM
bad news
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=173579

now all the clay-stakhanovists will rush to Nice. Poor ritchie will have even harder times defending his 2010 trophy :sad:

icecastle
12-13-2010, 06:56 PM
bad news
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=173579

now all the clay-stakhanovists will rush to Nice. Poor ritchie will have even harder times defending his 2010 trophy :sad:

So pessimistic..

Blackbriar
12-13-2010, 08:14 PM
It's funny to imagine that people still think that french medias were focused on Gasquet when he was a youngster, in fact they only cared about Gael Monfils: press cover, celebrities watching and commenting his matches. and Richard completely overshadowed. The best won, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHkT4-6exV4

Puschkin
12-14-2010, 07:33 AM

I 'd be rather surprised if Richard played Nice next year. As he finished 2010 at nr 30, he is a commitment-player, meaning he'll have a totally different schedule on clay in 2011 compared to 2010, when he could not even enter Madrid and Rome. Besides, I don't want him to arrive exhausted in Roland Garros again. :o

scmom
12-14-2010, 04:27 PM
of all the matches I saw Richard play this year , I think the win in Nice was my favorite. Although it was tense - I was so happy that he came through the adversity and won a tournament .
The good run at the US Open was also a highlight

My least favorite was the only one I got to see live. The loss at Indian Wells . So disappointing , to never drop serve and to still lose the match . It was really tough to watch .

Like Puschkin points out ,his schedule will be different this year because of his ranking . He should have direct entry into many bigger tournaments - most notably the clay masters in Madrid and Rome - so I doubt that playing in Nice would be on his schedule again. Unless he feels some obligation to the event and the tournament sponsors .

Blackbriar
12-14-2010, 06:51 PM
hey give your vote to Richard its not too late!
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=160295

ImmzB
12-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Gasquet at number 8, 1 vote ahead of Gulbis. :)

ImmzB
12-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Only 26 posters dislike Richie on MTF.

Schu
12-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Only 26 posters dislike Richie on MTF.

Give it time - the haters will rear their ugly heads.

Always bothers me when people "hate" someone because they are overrated; it's not the players fault that others over rate them and in fact in Richie's case I'm SURE he would rather have NEVER been dubbed "baby Federer" for years.

I miss tennis and miss seeing Richie play even more. January seems a long way off and it gets even longer in 2012 but I know the players are glad for the break.

Puschkin
12-15-2010, 07:11 AM
I miss tennis and miss seeing Richie play even more. January seems a long way off and it gets even longer in 2012 but I know the players are glad for the break.
I don't mind the break, players really need it, but I'd like to have some information about their whereabouts. ;)

Getta
12-15-2010, 08:57 AM
I don't mind the break, players really need it, but I'd like to have some information about their whereabouts. ;)

what are his weekend plans? really exciting (http://www.ville-serignan.fr/Actualites-Inauguration-Gasquet.php). :p

and here's a PDF file:

current Sérignan monthly magazine (Décembre 2010 - No.31)
(page 9 contains the information you seek)

http://www.ville-serignan.fr/Download/Mensuel/2010/decembre2010.pdf

:wavey:

Puschkin
12-15-2010, 09:21 AM
what are his weekend plans? really exciting.
:wavey:

Yep, this has been announced on his site, too. Thanks for the find, though. However, this covers only half a day. I am more greedy. :p

Anyway, nice thought to hit some balls outside, while we are being burried under the snow. :o

ImmzB
12-15-2010, 12:33 PM
My 3 goals for Richie in 2011:

1. Get back in the top 20.
2. Reach a Grand Slam QF.
3. Win atleast 2 titles.

icecastle
12-15-2010, 04:56 PM

3. Win atleast 2 titles.

Well that's something he can certainly do, I just hope he shares your goal or even better than that. ;)

ImmzB
12-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Well that's something he can certainly do, I just hope he shares your goal or even better than that. ;)

Yeah, I hope so. :)

Blackbriar
12-15-2010, 05:40 PM
my 3 goals fo Ritchie:
*reach a MS final
*reach a GrandSlam QF
*enter top 20 before wimbledon

ImmzB
12-15-2010, 06:17 PM
my 3 goals fo Ritchie:
*reach a MS final
*reach a GrandSlam QF
*enter top 20 before wimbledon

:yeah:

Puschkin
12-18-2010, 03:37 PM
what are his weekend plans? really exciting (http://www.ville-serignan.fr/Actualites-Inauguration-Gasquet.php). :p
http://www.ville-serignan.fr/photos/photo-1292680922.jpg

What great weather! Drowning in snow and cold, I am outright jealous at all these folks.

Voici les premiers albums photos de ce grand événement, pendant lequel Richard Gasquet a été disponible pour tout le monde. Il a joué avec tous les jeunes qui voulaient frapper une balle sur le court, il a répondu à toutes les demandes d'autographes, il s'est laissé photographié... Une disponibilité incroyable et une gentillesse que peu de joueurs de haut niveau peuvent avoir, mais qui n'a pas surpris les Sérignanais qui le connaissent depuis longtemps. Les enfants et les parents ont été conquis par cet enfant du village qui n'a pas oublié ses racines, ni ses valeurs. Merci Richard ! Voici les premiers albums photos (plus de 400 photos) (les vidéos seront mises en ligne dimanche).

The short article speaks enthusiastically about Richard's availability and how nice he was with everyone, a video will be posted on Sunday and 400 (!) pics can be be found on : http://www.ville-serignan.fr/Actualites.php

Edit: maybe it is also cold there. ;)

Richard was born in Béziers, but spent his childhood in Sérignan about 5 km away.

Roger the Dodger
12-19-2010, 02:00 PM
What I want to see from Richie is to not lose to Murray ever again on clay. Then:
-Schedule smart.
-Play a balanced number of important and lesser tournaments. No use trying to fight hard into a 250 or 500 with 3 of the top 5 in the draw.
-I want to see him go deep consistently.
-Win at least 4-5 tournaments and match his best previous years.

Cloudygirl
12-19-2010, 06:00 PM
http://www.ville-serignan.fr/photos/photo-1292680922.jpg

What great weather! Drowning in snow and cold, I am outright jealous at all these folks.

Voici les premiers albums photos de ce grand événement, pendant lequel Richard Gasquet a été disponible pour tout le monde. Il a joué avec tous les jeunes qui voulaient frapper une balle sur le court, il a répondu à toutes les demandes d'autographes, il s'est laissé photographié... Une disponibilité incroyable et une gentillesse que peu de joueurs de haut niveau peuvent avoir, mais qui n'a pas surpris les Sérignanais qui le connaissent depuis longtemps. Les enfants et les parents ont été conquis par cet enfant du village qui n'a pas oublié ses racines, ni ses valeurs. Merci Richard ! Voici les premiers albums photos (plus de 400 photos) (les vidéos seront mises en ligne dimanche).

The short article speaks enthusiastically about Richard's availability and how nice he was with everyone, a video will be posted on Sunday and 400 (!) pics can be be found on : http://www.ville-serignan.fr/Actualites.php

Edit: maybe it is also cold there. ;)

Richard was born in Béziers, but spent his childhood in Sérignan about 5 km away.

Puschkin what is on that website you've linked too? I'm connecting to the internet on my computer but using my mobile and it's asking me for over 21 age verification :unsure:

Puschkin
12-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Puschkin what is on that website you've linked too? I'm connecting to the internet on my computer but using my mobile and it's asking me for over 21 age verification :unsure:
I am sorry, I have no idea. :o it works fine with me. It is the official site of Sérignan, and there are tons of pics and three videos about Richard's appearance there, when the local tennis courts were given his name.

Schu
12-31-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm getting ready to start my new year's celbration a day early so :aparty::aparty: HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

May 2011 bring you peace and joy! (and bring our favorite French tennis player a few major trophies).

Puschkin
12-31-2010, 07:45 AM
I'm getting ready to start my new year's celbration a day early so :aparty::aparty: HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

May 2011 bring you peace and joy! (and bring our favorite French tennis player a few major trophies).

Nothing to add. All the best for Richard and all of you!

tufani
12-31-2010, 11:41 AM
Happy New Year!!! Hope 2011 will bring more joy, happiness and success to everyone :bounce: :aparty:

GasquetFan
12-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Yes, Happy New Year guys! <3 It is already 2011 here in Oz!

icecastle
01-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Happy New Year to all fellow Richie fans! :wavey:

I hope this year will be a good one for Richard. :)

tami
01-07-2011, 11:47 PM
i hope there'll be many richie supporters at the medibank international starting this week - i'll be cheering him on from the stands for sure!!!

are many of you guys heading out there too??

icecastle
01-21-2011, 06:47 AM
hey guys! just want you to know i didnt abandon Richie.. the avi and the sig was brought about by a lost bet..

marina36
01-21-2011, 07:48 AM
hey guys! just want you to know i didnt abandon Richie.. the avi and the sig was brought about by a lost bet..

:lol: :lol:

Puschkin
01-21-2011, 08:24 AM

I already suspected something like that. You are not a quitter. How long will you have to live with Berdych?

icecastle
01-21-2011, 12:52 PM
I already suspected something like that. You are not a quitter. How long will you have to live with Berdych?

Hey thanks! :hug:

It's gonna be for 2 months. :o

Boomer23
01-21-2011, 01:08 PM
that was a bad bet to loose !

Hang in there !

Puschkin
01-21-2011, 01:08 PM
It's gonna be for 2 months. :o
:hug: Countdown to 21 March, then!

ImmzB
01-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Just wanted to ask what do you think Richard is better on the Clay or the Hard courtS?

teem
01-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Just wanted to ask what do you think Richard is better on the Clay or the Hard courtS?
Clay and grass of course !

Roger the Dodger
01-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Everything going as clockwork! :yeah:

Richie successfully making 2nd round at Chennai, Quarters at Sydney and 3rd round at AO.

~*BGT*~
01-22-2011, 03:24 AM
Any movie ideas for the next thread?

Puschkin
01-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Everything going as clockwork! :yeah:

Richie successfully making 2nd round at Chennai, Quarters at Sydney and 3rd round at AO.

what next? Final in Zagreb?:D

ImmzB
01-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Any movie ideas for the next thread?

Mission Impossible........ :lol: :lol:

Not sure...

~*BGT*~
01-23-2011, 07:59 PM
^^ I like that! :lol:

ImmzB
01-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Few more,

1. You Dont Mess with the Zohan (Gasquet)
2. Kick Ass- He's here to beat all his oppenents. :lol:
3. Spiderman- All around the court. :)
4. Iron Man-

ImmzB
01-29-2011, 12:18 PM
As the new season thread is not opened, I will post it here.

Gasquet has a BYE into round 2 in Zagreb and will either play Clement or Kukushkin in the 2nd round. He is in the top half and could play top seed M.Cilic in the SF.

Overall, I don't think it'a a bad draw for him.

Draw: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/2276/mds.pdf

Roger the Dodger
01-29-2011, 07:26 PM
what next? Final in Zagreb?:D

Quarterer! :yeah:

mukado
02-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Is it the true or a fake ?
http://twitter.com/Gabrielmarkus1

Gabriel Markus is in Croatia and ... Richie wants to come back with him !!! Good idea but he has another player yet (Kukushin), so it's too late !

ImmzB
02-02-2011, 06:27 PM

Gabriel Markus is in Croatia and ... Richie wants to come back with him !!! Good idea but he has another player yet (Kukushin), so it's too late !

Is he coaching Kukushkin now?

It wouldn't be a bad idea to go back with him for atleast untill Indian Wells? no?

icecastle
02-02-2011, 08:55 PM

Oh, i hope this is true. :D

Puschkin
02-02-2011, 09:55 PM
My Spanish is limited but sumar means "add on", so does the last phrase mean "I will see if I can add him up with the Russian." :unsure:

Blackbriar
02-03-2011, 09:40 AM
That would be great. Markus is the best thing that happened to Gasquet last year, he made him work and train a lot instead of relying on his old tricks.

silverwhite
02-16-2011, 10:24 AM
To the Frenchies:

Y a-t-il des Lyonnais ou Marseillais ici? Je voyagerai un peu aux deux villes en avril et je cherche des conseils, surtout sur des restos :p

silverwhite
03-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Béziers was mentioned in class the other day. Didn't know there was a massacre there centuries ago :eek:

ImmzB
03-17-2011, 03:07 AM

1. Gey back in the top 20.
3. Win atleast 2 titles.

After reaching the QF in Indian Wells, Richard is back in the top 20!

Blackbriar
03-17-2011, 07:55 PM
:yeah: it was the easiest part!
now up to the QF!

ImmzB
03-27-2011, 08:34 PM
In your view, is Richard better on the Hard Courts or Clay?

Puschkin
04-01-2011, 11:14 PM
In your view, is Richard better on the Hard Courts or Clay?
clay even if he has respetcable results on hard. However, I feel his best surface is grass, just following his natural instincts.

Getta
04-04-2011, 01:01 PM
on both natural surfaces, the dirty tough one and the comely delicate one.

ImmzB
07-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Lacoste have some nice polo shirts for the summer season, I'm hoping Richard doesn't wear the red or that white polo for the summer season which he's worn all year! :)

Different colour please! :)

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/lacoste/descpage.html?pcode=LMSLCP
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/lacoste/descpage.html?pcode=LMSDCSP#
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/lacoste/descpage.html?pcode=LMSTIP

Any of these please!!

mukado
07-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Lacoste have some nice polo shirts for the summer season, I'm hoping Richard doesn't wear the red or that white polo for the summer season which he's worn all year! :)

Different colour please! :)

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/lacoste/descpage.html?pcode=LMSLCP
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/lacoste/descpage.html?pcode=LMSDCSP#
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/lacoste/descpage.html?pcode=LMSTIP

Any of these please!!

I like the first or Andy's one. But black keeps the warmth, not good in summer.

ImmzB
07-21-2011, 09:27 PM
I like the first or Andy's one. But black keeps the warmth, not good in summer.

Andy's one looks nice but I doubt he will wear that. Yeah true about the black, he could only wear that for the night sessions. The blue looks nice, Oceanside color. I'm hoping he wears that. :)

silverwhite
07-21-2011, 11:54 PM
I think he'll wear the last one, in whatever colour (most likely red) :o

ImmzB
07-22-2011, 10:42 AM

Please just not red. :lol:

Puschkin
07-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Please just not red. :lol:
Why not? I like red.

This discussion is the ultimate expression of boredom. Talking about shirt colours. :o

Jozie
07-22-2011, 05:17 PM
He needs a change. I like the multi-colour shirt. Anything but white please.

ImmzB
07-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Why not? I like red.

This discussion is the ultimate expression of boredom. Talking about shirt colours. :o

Fair enough. He's worn that colour and that same polo all year. :lol: Kind of true but I wasn't bored. :)

hsv91
07-23-2011, 02:01 PM
I like red, too!

I'm wearing the same red polo on the tennis court:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/lacoste/descpage.html?pcode=LMSTIP#

silverwhite
07-23-2011, 04:20 PM
I can't afford Lacoste shirts :o

Gagsquet
07-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Is he in Canada already?

Blackbriar
07-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Gasquet will win Montréal. His time has come.

silverwhite
07-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Gasquet will win Montréal. His time has come.

:haha:

mukado
07-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Is he in Canada already?

No. He's in a nightclub in St-Tropez :cheerleader:

No need to post the pic, I think.

Puschkin
07-26-2011, 06:10 PM
No. He's in a nightclub in St-Tropez :cheerleader:
No need to post the pic, I think.
Are you spreading rumours? If not, prove it. :p

mukado
07-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Are you spreading rumours? If not, prove it. :p

Sorry, that's true.
http://www.purepeople.com/article/busta-rhymes-et-jean-roch-ensemble-ils-retournent-le-vip-room-de-saint-tropez_a84340/1

I think he's training near Marseille with Seb, cause Seb used to spend his summer holidays there.

I'm disappointed he didn't go to Hamburg to take 500pts instead of Gillou because it still would be a huge disadvantage for US Open draw not to be in top12. I really don't understand.

Puschkin
07-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Sorry, that's true.
You don't have to apologize for Richard's evenings. ;)

I think he's training near Marseille with Seb, cause Seb used to spend his summer holidays there.
Good try to put another spin on it. :haha:

I'm disappointed he didn't go to Hamburg to take 500pts instead of Gillou because it still would be a huge disadvantage for US Open draw not to be in top12. I really don't understand.
I have been discussing this in English and French on rgnet for almost two weeks. I am tired of this discussion. :p

silverwhite
07-31-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm quite bored :sobbing:

Cloudygirl
07-31-2011, 06:00 PM
why isn't he allowed to go to a nightclub in his off time? He deserves a holiday as much as anyone else. As long as he doesn't get himself into an awkward situation again I don't really see why it's any kind of problem.

Lol when I saw a picture though seriously a lacoste top great attire Rich.

I think Richard needs rest and to schedule more wisely - which is what he has been doing and Gilles needs lots of matches for confidence so I'm very glad Gilles had such a good week it was well deserved.

Gagsquet
07-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Give me a backhand DTL for the sake of God or just even a crosscourt. I'm in Gasquet's backhand deficiency :bigcry:

Gagsquet
08-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Scoreboard time :help:
Go Richie

PinkFeatherBoa
08-12-2011, 01:48 AM
:wavey: Gasquetaires our man is finally on court, who's here to cheer him on?

Allez Richard!

silverwhite
08-12-2011, 06:30 AM

He's too predictable :spit:

ImmzB
09-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Richard will be number 15 on Tuesday, finishing inside top 10 is looking more unlikely. Tsonga ranked number 10 is 755 points ahead of Richard. There's always a chance but I will be happy if Richard can finish inside the top 12. Troicki and Del Potro are closing on Gasquet so he will need to deliver in his upcoming tournaments!

Gagsquet
09-10-2011, 11:01 AM
If he really plays only one 250 until the end of season, it's sick.

mukado
09-10-2011, 01:46 PM
If he really plays only one 250 until the end of season, it's sick.

It's crazy. It's so many months he is TOP 13-16 and can't avoid the Top4 in R16 in all GC and MS... And he doesn't play the only tournaments that can help him to improve his ranking :confused:
He's also playing Pekin where there is a huge draw cause of money, instead of Tokyo where there are the same points but less top players.

Puschkin
09-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Top Ten will be hard, after the 2nd round loss at the US Open, I guess that's why he was so pissed during and after this match.

Still, I think it is the right approach not to exhaust yourself in small tourneys playing week in week-out, though I really had hoped he would come to Vienna.

One might not agree with it, but for the first time in his career he has a strategy behind his scheduling, going for the big events. And if he can - for the first tinme in his career - have a winter break in which he won't have to heal an injury, it can be only beneficial.

Piatti in one of is interviews spoke about the next 3 (!) years in Richard's carrer, it is a longterm project.

ImmzB
11-15-2011, 09:56 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/DrewLilley

More gossip: Richard Gasquet unlikely to get picked for Davis Cup team again for a while after previous poor performances and poorer excuse

Puschkin
11-16-2011, 08:05 AM
This does not seem a reliable source to me.

But great if it were true. He could finally focus on his own career instead of being either the fifth man or being sacrificed.

According to http://sport.francetv.fr/tennis/113628-monfils-et-gasquet-%C3%A0-montpellier he entered Montpellier, just the week before Davis Cup. I perfectly understand this choice, Montpellier is so close to where he was born and grew up, it is his real "home tourney".

Schu
11-16-2011, 06:20 PM

Not sure what a "Swiss ice hockey journalist" knows about French Davis Cup but I say good - more time for his own game and no more being the sacrifical lamb or bench warmer/cheerleader.

I might ask Lilley if that means Simon and Tsonga won't be selected either since neither of them had any better of a performance in singles in Spain. Richard had a reason for his poor play in Spain (apart from Nadal on the other side of the net)-
oh but that elbow which resulted in him missing almost the entire indoor season was just a "poor excuse".

He was right about Chardy playing one excellent DC tie but the rest :rolleyes:.

Anyway hope Richard and his team are spending this time off figuring out how to keep him healthy for an ENTIRE year (and how to glue his feet to the baseline, and how to hit through his forehand....)

Puschkin
11-20-2011, 08:11 PM
http://webmhsc.com/richard-gasquet-a-la-mosson-hier-av8694.html

Richard at home in the south of France watching football. MHSC is the Montpellier football team.

ImmzB
11-24-2011, 05:16 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=249919&d=1321815681

Here's a little article posted by Soulage on the Simon forum which gives you the French players schedule before the Australian Open.

Richard will be playing Sydney which is straight after the Hopman Cup. :)

ImmzB
11-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Just spotted Richard at the Nadal vs. Tsonga match in London.

ImmzB
11-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Just spotted Richard at the Nadal vs. Tsonga match in London.

http://www.welovetennis.fr/masters-cup/42260-gasquet-est-venu-voir-tsonga

Masters Cup > Gasquet est venu voir Tsonga

Par Pauline Dahlem, jeudi 24 novembre 2011 à 21:16
Richard Gasquet a fait le déplacement à Londres pour venir assister au match de son ami Jo-Wilfried Tsonga face à Rafael Nadal ce soir. Le Biterrois est présent dans la box du Manceau.

He came over to watch Tsonga play. :yeah:

PinkFeatherBoa
11-24-2011, 11:35 PM
I'm so gutted I wasn't there tonight. :sad:

Please stay to watch Tsonga's semi, Richard. Hope all this is giving him some incentive for 2012, really want to see him in town with his racquets next time. ;)

Gagsquet
12-06-2011, 09:18 AM
This year will be decisive for Richie. It's time to break top 10 again. This year or never!
He has plenty points to make in 250 tournaments for instance.

Puschkin
12-06-2011, 10:33 AM
This year will be decisive for Richie. It's time to break top 10 again. This year or never!

If he just could play a full season without injury. http://www.smileyarchiv.net/source/1-sigh.gif I am convinced he would have made the Top Ten already this year, had he not dragged around this ellbow injury for so long.

silverwhite
12-07-2011, 04:13 AM
He was so close :o

Puschkin
12-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Richard will play Llodra tonight at the Open de Caen.

Gagsquet
12-12-2011, 11:32 AM
About his 2011 season, I have two disappointments.

First one: his inability to snatch a 250 title. Stupid losses in Chennai and Metz.
Second one: his Wimbledon loss.

Puschkin
12-12-2011, 01:37 PM
First one: his inability to snatch a 250 title. Stupid losses in Chennai and Metz.

He hardly played a 250 tourney this year and he was injured in Metz, so I forgive him on this.

My biggest disappointment: his loss to Almagro in Canada, not so much the loss, but the way he played, that was the worst performance of the year I have seen from him.

Gagsquet
12-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Almagro loss was terrible I agree.
But Wimbly loss was worse. He gave up after the the tie-break :o On his best surface.

silverwhite
12-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Don't forget the USO :bigwave:

Hope he has fun defending all those points at the start of the year :o

Puschkin
12-13-2011, 06:46 AM
Open de Caen : Gasquet rejoint Simon en finale

Tennis mardi 13 décembre 2011 Richard Gasquet (n°19 ATP) a rejoint Gilles Simon (n°12 ATP) en finale de l'Open de Caen tard lundi soir, en disposant de Michaël Llodra (n°47) en trois manches, 6-7, 6-3, 6-3. Rentré difficilement dans la rencontre, le Biterrois est monté en puissance pour l'emporter un peu après minuit.

«Je suis très content de pouvoir atteindre la finale et d'enchaîner un deuxième match, souriait Gasquet à la sortie du cours. Ce tournoi, c'est du sérieux pour nous. Moi, je viens ici pour me préparer au mieux pour l'Open d'Australie.» A coups de passing de revers et et de décalages coup droit, le n°19 mondial est venu à bout d'un Llodra hyper offensif et très joueur, parfois trop.

Ayant enchaîné les demi-finales et finale interclubs avec son club de Bordeaux avant d'arriver à Caen, le spécialiste du service-vollée a été rattrapé par la fatigue au fil du match. «Je ne veux pas m'apitoyer sur mon sort, mais je pense que le jeune Richard était un peu plus frais que moi, commentait-il. J'ai eu les jambes, mais pendant 45 minutes seulement. Ce tournoi, c'est génial. On joue devant des milliers de personnes un lundi soir, et ça n'arriverait pas dans beaucoup d'endroits. J'espère revenir la saison prochaine pour mieux jouer.»

Nul doute qu'Aristide Olivier, le président du TC Caen et organisateur de l'évènement, l'accueillera à bras ouverts. En attendant, il peut savourer la réussite de son tournoi. Ce mardi soir (20 h), le Zénith de Caen fera le plein pour la finale que tout le monde attendait entre Richard Gasquet et Gilles Simon.

Source: http://www.ouest-france.fr/ofdernmin_-Open-de-Caen-Gasquet-rejoint-Simon-en-finale_44096-2021432-fils-tous_filDMA.Htm

Others sources have 6-2 6-2 for the last sets.
Source: http://www.welovetennis.fr/france/42670-gasquet-et-simon-en-finale-a-caen

Puschkin
12-13-2011, 12:42 PM
"C'était pas mal", juge son bourreau du soir. "Je savais en venant ici que je jouerais devant du monde, dans de très bonnes conditions et contre de bons joueurs. Je ne suis pas déçu. Je me suis bien entraîné pendant deux semaines, mais j'avais besoin de jouer des matchs pour compléter ma préparation. Le but, c'est d'être prêt pour l'Open d'Australie. Je suis là pour bien jouer mais surtout pour gagner. »

http://www.sportacaen.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3925:gilles-simon-et-richard-gasquet-ont-tenu-leur-rang&catid=26:tennis&Itemid=36

This was not bad. I knew coming here that I would play in front of [many] people in good conditions against good players. I am not disappointed, I have been practising for two weeks, but I needed matches to complete my preparation. The objective is to be ready for the AO, I am here to play well, but more so to win.

Jozie
12-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted, Puschkin.
Just under 3 weeks to go until the Australian Open season commences.
Can't wait! :wavey:

Gagsquet
12-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Thks Puschkin :) :)

ImmzB
12-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Gasquet lost 5-7 4-6. Congrats to Simon! :yeah:

He was down 4-0 in the 2nd but got 1 break back.

Puschkin
12-13-2011, 08:36 PM
A win would have been nicer, one the other hand, one should not make too much of this match in the middle of the prep season.

Puschkin
12-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Did not know where to post this:

Off to Paris to work with Richard Gasquet.. Last week before Xmas... E si riparte!

Source: http://twitter.com/RPiatti

Puschkin
12-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Riccardo enthusiastic about Richard. :)

Great day at RG with Richard #Gasquet. Great training, good start... Good night

Source: http://twitter.com/RPiatti

silverwhite
12-20-2011, 05:35 PM
They're training at RG? :eek:

So close, yet so unlikely to bump into him :o

Gagsquet
12-20-2011, 11:18 PM
You should inform him that he is the sixth favorite player of the MTF community if you bump into him by chance. :lol:
Perhaps it would cheer him up. :shrug:

silverwhite
12-21-2011, 12:17 AM
He is? :spit:

I don't think I'll bump into him unless he goes to Carrefour or one of the nearby bakeries or something :haha:

Cloudygirl
12-22-2011, 12:59 AM
He is? :spit:

I don't think I'll bump into him unless he goes to Carrefour or one of the nearby bakeries or something :haha:

mention MTF to him and he'd think you were a nutter anyway. lol

silverwhite
12-22-2011, 02:29 AM
I should print a compilation of all my posts about him, thrust it to him if I meet him and run :angel:

Gagsquet
12-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Frightening sh!t this night. I dreamt Richard was losing in first round of the AO against Llodra. What's wrong with me ? :cuckoo:

ImmzB
12-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Frightening sh!t this night. I dreamt Richard was losing in first round of the AO against Llodra. What's wrong with me ? :cuckoo:

It was only loosing right not "lost" ? :p

silverwhite
12-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Is this new? :lol:

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/14632396763/1/tumblr_lwlzlmhVWk1qi1zct

Puschkin
12-23-2011, 07:11 PM
merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate it.

http://www.schoenbrunn.at/typo3temp/static_images/weihnachtsmarkt-310x110-09.jpg

GasquetFan
12-31-2011, 05:23 AM
Just won his first Hopman Cup match against Wu Di 6-1 6-3 ! He played well, kept his concentration and didn't relax at all during the match :worship:

ImmzB
12-31-2011, 05:24 AM
Comfortable 6/1 6/3 victory for Gasquet over Di. :) France 1-1 China

Great performance from Gasquet, he played very well even though his opponent was inexperienced. Hit winners from both sides and served great! :)

The Mixed doubles to settle this tie later on!

Puschkin
12-31-2011, 05:34 AM
Di had nothing to threaten Richard. Once at 0-30, Richard hit 3 aces to clear the situation, 8 aces in total, more FH than BH winners. Towards the end Richard started toying with Di and did some exhibition shots as the commentator called them. Solid overall, but still too defensive for my liking on the return.

VolandriFan
12-31-2011, 05:55 AM
Richie played really well and looked really good. :yeah:

Puschkin
12-31-2011, 07:23 AM
Did someone watch the mixed? How did he get along with Bartoli?

GasquetFan
12-31-2011, 07:49 AM
Did someone watch the mixed? How did he get along with Bartoli?

Yes, I watched it, they won very easily 6-1 6-1, they were very relaxed joking and laughing a little bit. :)

ImmzB
12-31-2011, 01:24 PM
A new thread is needed for the Australian season.

silverwhite
12-31-2011, 01:54 PM
I hope someone uploads the mixed match :(

case
12-31-2011, 09:23 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!

i am happy to have tennis and gasquet back. the announcer said gasquet was at an age where he needed to win or something like that.

seems like just yesterday he was a teenager and up and coming. he hasnt won like I thought he would but he is still fun to watch. maybe this will be his year.

case
12-31-2011, 09:24 PM
Yes, I watched it, they won very easily 6-1 6-1, they were very relaxed joking and laughing a little bit. :)

I think they would be a cute couple. just sayin

silverwhite
12-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!

i am happy to have tennis and gasquet back. the announcer said gasquet was at an age where he needed to win or something like that.

seems like just yesterday he was a teenager and up and coming. he hasnt won like I thought he would but he is still fun to watch. maybe this will be his year.

I gave up on that years ago :haha:

This year will be same old, same old ;)

I think they would be a cute couple. just sayin

:unsure:

I do think Marion fancies him though ;)

case
01-01-2012, 02:58 AM
[QUOTE=silverwhite;11591929]I gave up on that years ago :haha:
This year will be same old, same old ;)

you are probably right:sad: but where would the New Year be without your cynicism?????;)
also have to say glad you are still hanging around here- wouldn't be the same without you:D

Pushkin too. been some good times and WHAT OVER SIX YEARS!!!!! here

silverwhite
01-01-2012, 03:19 AM
you are probably right:sad: but where would the New Year be without your cynicism?????;)
also have to say glad you are still hanging around here- wouldn't be the same without you:D

Pushkin too. been some good times and WHAT OVER SIX YEARS!!!!! here

More than eight years for me :tape:

Anyway, I think we're more than halfway through our suffering :angel: