At least Henman has a good record against Kiefer. :o

But I have to admit there's a certain possibility of that to happen. :bigcry:

TheBoiledEgg
09-05-2004, 08:45 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO
there's a chance of Henman making Semi's :bigcry:

Neely
09-05-2004, 09:33 PM
first he has to get ridden of Henman, that's difficult enough... then I will look further ;)

but I must really say that I was very pleased about his results so far and of course especially about the result that he killed Johansson in striaght sets yesterday and it was such a sweet revenge, he even gave the bagel back :angel:

let this be yourself a lesson: no more trash talking about Kiefer in Swedish newspapers, ToJo! http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/janein/nono.gifhttp://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/janein/nono.gif nono http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/janein/nono.gif
:rolls: :haha:

BaselineSmash
09-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Henman has to be the favourite on paper, but Kiefer is playing better at present and has a game which will trouble the Brit to no end. But even if he does make the quarters, Kiefer would possibly face Hrbaty, whose relentless retrieving could wear him down.

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Neely that smilie OMG! :haha: :haha:

Chloe le Bopper
09-05-2004, 09:48 PM
What did TJo say in the Swedish papers?

Neely
09-05-2004, 10:18 PM
What did TJo say in the Swedish papers?
I gave a short explanation here...
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=751817&postcount=74

Crazy_Fool
09-05-2004, 11:02 PM
I think so if he beats Henman tomorrow. And i think he will.

KarstenBraasch#1
09-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Johansson is right though. :shrug:

sol
09-05-2004, 11:25 PM
If Kiwi manages to overcome to Henman http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/fragend/confused-smiley-016.gif I think that he can be an eventual semifinalist. Nevertheless, Nico needs to be focused and to play in the way that has done this summer bcs Tim is a big fighter. The h2h record is not so favorable but Kiwi has improved this season and Henman has had to play too long matches this USO. I wish to se him facing Roger in semis. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/fragend/confused-smiley-011.gif:D Hopefully!

Neely
09-05-2004, 11:26 PM
Henman vs Kiefer is the first match on Arthur Ashe tomorrow!

Bilbo
09-05-2004, 11:29 PM
He should beat Henman.

ktwtennis
09-05-2004, 11:59 PM
I think I'm in the minority here--I want Tim to win...And if he doesn't, I hope Dominik gets through! I saw him beat Federer in Cincy, and he's a great player!

SanTaureau Fan
09-06-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm sure the Henman / Kiefer match is gonna be very interesting... Happy to know it's the first match on Ashe. Allez Nicolas. :)

SanTaureau Fan
09-06-2004, 12:08 AM
At least Henman has a good record against Kiefer. :o

But I have to admit there's a certain possibility of that to happen. :bigcry:

Why you don't like him? :hysteric: :shout: :sad:

:kiss:

KarstenBraasch#1
09-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Why you don't like him? :hysteric: :shout: :sad:

:kiss:
And why you like him? :bolt: :crying2:

Long story. :D

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 10:33 AM
I gave a short explanation here...
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=751817&postcount=74

What was the Swedish paper, so I can read it for myself.

Layla
09-06-2004, 10:54 AM
first he has to get ridden of Henman, that's difficult enough... then I will look further ;)

but I must really say that I was very pleased about his results so far and of course especially about the result that he killed Johansson in striaght sets yesterday and it was such a sweet revenge, he even gave the bagel back :angel:

let this be yourself a lesson: no more trash talking about Kiefer in Swedish newspapers, ToJo! http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/janein/nono.gifhttp://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/janein/nono.gif nono http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/janein/nono.gif
:rolls: :haha:

How is that trash talking? Apparently he just made an observation about a player's ability, that's all. It's like saying Marat doesn't have mental strength or Moya has a weak backhand. Merely an assessment of a player's game.

What he said is common knowledge and even Kiefer must admit it's the truth.

Anyway, I like Kiwi, but I definitely want Henman to win this. :) Don't think it will happen though, all Henman's matches have been such struggles.

Daniel
09-06-2004, 10:56 AM
yes he will beat Henman

KarstenBraasch#1
09-06-2004, 10:58 AM
What he said is common knowledge and even Kiefer must admit it's the truth.

Kiefer admit something? :haha:

Patrick
09-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Kiefer will defeat Henman. After all, he's the better player. :)

Layla
09-06-2004, 11:07 AM

That's debatable. What do you base this on? Certainly not results I should hope.

Space Cowgirl
09-06-2004, 11:25 AM
And why you like him? :bolt: :crying2:

Long story. :D

G'wan GoDom, I want to know why!

I like Henman but sorry Timbo, I want Kiwi to win :yeah:

BaselineSmash
09-06-2004, 11:39 AM

I wouldn't say that either player is universally better than the other. For example, Henman is better on clay than Kiefer, whereas Kiefer is more consistent on US hardcourts than Henman. And is it just me, or am I right in thinking that only one of them has a TMS title? :scratch:

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Kiefer will always be the poor man's Agassi and hasn't Farmer Tim won a TMS and had more quarters and semi final finishes than Kiefer, yet this cat Patrick thinks Kiefer is the better player? That's definitely not a statement of fact either way.

TheBoiledEgg
09-06-2004, 11:54 AM
you know why its gonna go 5 sets
cos Go Dom cant stand Kiefer and he'll be there for 4 hours just to piss him off
and Henman will do likewise on Sky Sports for me and others who dont like him

Neely
09-06-2004, 12:36 PM
What was the Swedish paper, so I can read it for myself.
sorry, mate I don't know. Ask Thomas Hogstedt, Kiefer's coach who discovered it :shrug:

also maybe it's wrong that I called it "trash talking", then let's call it "a statement Kiefer was not pleased about" and that he was keen to prove wrong. I hope you're all happy then if I correct myself.

Main thing for me and what counts was that Kiefer slaughtered Johansson on court by defeating and bagelling him, simply making a statement; it was a very good revenge and even a better result than he had at Wimbledon as he was leading 2-0 sets and up a break in the third until he collapsed after the rain delay.

damn, it must have been already long time ago when I was so happy because Kiefer reached the 4th round of a Grand Slam (3 years ago).

Space Cowgirl
09-06-2004, 12:44 PM
What's a "poor man's Agassi"? And why is Kiefer it?

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 12:44 PM
That's fine Neely, I was just wondering where the article was so I can read it for myself. Next time I see Hogstedt I will ask, though that won't be for some time, it was a good win for Kiefer, but I am not sure if he will make the semi finals.

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 12:46 PM
What's a "poor man's Agassi"? And why is Kiefer it?

You can't see similarities between Agassi and Kiefer, the differences are Kiefer can volley, both are talented, but when Agassi plays Kiefer, it's Agassi playing against someone who does many of the same things, just not as well as Agassi.

Neely
09-06-2004, 12:47 PM
but I am not sure if he will make the semi finals.
you are not alone, I'm not sure either :shrug:

Layla
09-06-2004, 12:56 PM
sorry, mate I don't know. Ask Thomas Hogstedt, Kiefer's coach who discovered it :shrug:

also maybe it's wrong that I called it "trash talking", then let's call it "a statement Kiefer was not pleased about" and that he was keen to prove wrong. I hope you're all happy then if I correct myself.

Main thing for me and what counts was that Kiefer slaughtered Johansson on court by defeating and bagelling him, simply making a statement; it was a very good revenge and even a better result than he had at Wimbledon as he was leading 2-0 sets and up a break in the third until he collapsed after the rain delay.

damn, it must have been already long time ago when I was so happy because Kiefer reached the 4th round of a Grand Slam (3 years ago).

Yes, that sounds more accurate. :) Indeed, it was great that Kiefer was able to use that comment in his favor with his determination to prove it wrong. Kudos to him. I would be happy about it, if I didn't like Thomas better. ;) But that's alright. Thanks to Kiefer's win, I will finally get to see Henman play on Germansport. :D

sol
09-06-2004, 12:57 PM
I like a lot Kiefer:hug:, but I canít say that he is better player than Tim on the base of the results and the consistency. :mad: Obviously, Kiwi has the enough talent to achieve similar results, but unfortunately he has been bothered by countless injuries and of his own lack of focus. :rolleyes: Iím so glad to know that Kiwi has improved this season considerably, especially on hard, :worship: and I think that the results of Tim this summer have not been too convincing (i.e. 1st round at Athens, and 3 too long matches at this USE edition..). I think that Kiefer has a high probability of winning today if he is able to sum up the result hastily, :D since Henman is a much more patient player and can take advantage in an eventual 5th setter. We'll see! ;)

WyveN
09-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Personally I would love Hrbaty to make the semis out of that section

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Personally I would love Hrbaty to make the semis out of that section

It would be good but Hrbaty is 0-2 against both Henman and Kiefer, though at least with Kiefer he has won a set in these matches.

WyveN
09-06-2004, 01:43 PM
It would be good but Hrbaty is 0-2 against both Henman and Kiefer, though at least with Kiefer he has won a set in these matches.

Its unlikely but Henman is having some back problems and Kiefer has never been a mental giant

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 01:45 PM
Its unlikely but Henman is having some back problems and Kiefer has never been a mental giant

These are very true and Kiefer does have Slamitis, which means he can't perform in the Slams, but the back problem well I would be trying to lob the hell out of Henman.

Neely
09-06-2004, 02:05 PM
the good thing about Kiefer never being a mental giant is that he seemed to get quite well over this disappointing doubles loss in Athens.
By reaching the 2nd round he already did more than the majority of the (German) public expected of him. There was so much guessing "the Kiefer from the last years will come back now", "he will be totally down and lose 1st round" and even I was not sure how he could handle this situation, as he said it was the biggest achievement of his career so far and at the same it was the biggest loss.
But the strange thing is that he didn't collapse so far, that he didn't went down when he got broken by Saulnier, by Johansson, that he didn't blow the tiebreakers against Saulnier when it was close, that he went 9-0 sets so far :scratch:

@rassklovn
Since 2000/01 Kiefer did not have only Slamitis, more exactly he had "every-tournament-initis" :o

Leo
09-06-2004, 02:25 PM
He will unless he chokes mightily.

sol
09-06-2004, 02:27 PM
:yeah: Kiefer comes from so many injuries, lack of confidence, and bad results. Kiwiís fans are aware of his troubles, but Hrbaty has not been the best example of mental strength either. I would want to see Kiwi in semis, but it is premature to make a prediction about. :confused:

Dominik Hrbatyís Grand Slam Singles Results:
****AO**RG*Wimby*USO
1997 4TH 1ST 1ST 1ST
1998 1ST 3RD 1ST 2ND
1999 1ST SF 1ST 1ST
2000 1ST 2ND 2ND 4TH
2001 QF 2ND 1ST 2ND
2002 4TH 1ST 1ST 3RD
2003 1ST 2ND 1ST 2ND
2004 3RD 2ND 3RD 4TH

Adidas Dude
09-06-2004, 03:00 PM