Roddick d. Robredo w.o

TheBoiledEgg
09-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Tommy's already packing his bags and doing a runner :help:

I just wanna see a match in QF
between DuckBoy and Pim Pim

now that should be fun :devil:

bring it on, i hope it happens
then we'll see how the duck likes serves going past him before he can move as well :p

Havok
09-05-2004, 09:37 PM
He didn't mind when he beat PimPim in San Jose earlier this year.:)

star
09-05-2004, 10:10 PM
I'd love to see Pim Pim play Andy too.

Andy has played big servers before and done just fine, thank you very much. :)

BaselineSmash
09-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Rumour has it that Robredo may actually be able to hold a few service games in this one, but it will be a formality nonetheless. An exhibition for just how superior Roddick is to Robredo.

Yes, a Johansson-Roddick quarter-final would be great. If both play to their optimum level, it will prove to be a highlight of the tournament.

heya
09-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Moya couldn't outsmart Rochus & kick him off the court????

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Andy has played big servers before and done just fine, thank you very much. :)

I don't know, Dent almost beat him in Australia this year :tears:

Gotta feel badly for tommy though... he can't even take a set off Andy on clay in Europe, how's he gonna do on decoturf at the USO. Well maybe he will surprise us :p

Chloe le Bopper
09-05-2004, 10:50 PM
I see that this thread couldn't go 6 posts without a few idiotic comments.

Erm, anyways.

Yes, Robredo will lose. The good news for him is, for once, he can't possibly do any worse than Roddick's last three opponents. And.. at least he'll be on my TV. Too bad Roddick is unattractive and will even things out :(

Havok
09-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Poor you.

J. Corwin
09-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Still interesting to see how much resistance Tommy can/will put up. :)

Coleburg83
09-05-2004, 11:08 PM
I knew Roddick had beaten Robredo before, but I had no idea he was 6-0 against him and has beaten him on every tennis surface without losing a set.

Robredo is a good player, not that Roddick could get props from some on this board, even from those that praise Robredo usually to the high heavens heh.

Chloe le Bopper
09-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Robredo is a good player, not that Roddick could get props from some on this board, even from those that praise Robredo usually to the high heavens heh.

Who one earth praises Robredo to the high heavens?

lucashg
09-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Unfortunetely, Robredo will lose. I think he's a good player and has chances to advance in the tournment, but not really through Roddick. As said, maybe he'll surprise us and show some resistance.

PS - I don't think it only takes fast serves to get Roddick into some trouble, but Johansson x Roddick should be fun, exactly what Roddick's last games were not - they were too easy. C'mon, what's exciting about winning a game in straight aces?

Coleburg83
09-05-2004, 11:24 PM
God, you can't stay out of a Roddick thread for 10 seconds can you?

Go back and check some of the Robredo threads, also check out Nalbandian's head to head against Roddick.

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 11:27 PM
I knew Roddick had beaten Robredo before, but I had no idea he was 6-0 against him and has beaten him on every tennis surface without losing a set.

Robredo's problem is that he has no real weapon to hurt Andy. His serve isn't powerful enough to bother Andy's average return game, but his return game isn't powerful enough to bother Andy's service games either. He doesn't particularly come to net, which can bother Andy, and he's not a good enough defender like a Hewitt to force Andy into rallies and consequently, into errors. If you look at their games, Tommy's just doesn't match up well to Andy's at all, irrespective of surface.

If Andy's hitting 49 winners to 19 errors off someone as good at defending and rallying as Canas, I don't think it looks too good for Tommy this time around either. Not to mention all the intangibles like the setting, atmosphere, and crowd all heavily favor him too. And Tommy doesn't really strike me as the "rise to the occasion and play really loosely because of it" type of guy.

Chloe le Bopper
09-05-2004, 11:27 PM
Seeing as most of the threads are Roddick threads, it's awfully hard to stay out of them.

We're patiently waiting for you to come up with somethign intelligent, Colesberg. I guess that will happen on the same day that Tangerine does.

Coleburg83
09-05-2004, 11:34 PM
You always make my point for me, god your wit attempts are pathetic, I hope you are not from the States, that would be embarassing.

And come on lucas, Roddick has played great all-around tennis in all three of his matches and although it still really concerns me that he never seems to win a long rally, it's not just his serve that is winning these matches.

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 11:37 PM
although it still really concerns me that he never seems to win a long rally

uh... did you watch the same match I did today? his forehand was working sickeningly well today. He had 49 winners and 21 aces, that means he had 28 other winners... he obviously won some rallies.

And he won over 60% net points :)

Chloe le Bopper
09-05-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm not trying to be witty. Sorry to see that I've confused you, ColesbErg.

Coleburg83
09-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Bunk, yeah in a few exchanges, but the rallies that go on for like more than 5 or 6 he never seems to win because he always goes for the big shot or makes a mistake, he needs to wait for the other person to do that and his game would be even stronger.

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 11:47 PM
He loses when he waits for players to make mistakes. See the olympics match against Gonzo.

Even if he makes a lot of mistakes, he's in the right frame of mind when he's going for his shots, he's 'enforcing his game' as he likes to call it. Today, most of them went in. Plus, today, he forced Canas into a lot of errors too. His BH looked better against Nadal than it did today, but his FH was about as good and solid as I've seen in a while today.

When Andy starts waiting around for errors that's when I get worried about him. Except in matches like when he played poor Scoville, then it was a good plan and it worked great. But not against a guy like Canas, he is way too solid to go in with that gameplan.

tennischick
09-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Duckboy has not been tested so far. a pre-injury Canas would have tested him but that person did not show up today. i am not certain that this draw is doing him any favors. sure it's nice to get a cushy run to the finals but you also need some match toughness on the way there and the Duck is not getting that. i dunno anything about Pim Pim's game so i can't comment on that but if he's as good as y'all are predicting, then it's not good that the Duck has only had to deal with Scoville, Nadal, and the like as preparation.

heya
09-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Of course he listened to all the lame advice from Super Hypnotist Coach. Wait and do nothing to win. LMFAO

tennischick
09-06-2004, 12:30 AM
Of course he listened to all the lame advice from Super Hypnotist Coach. Wait and do nothing to win. LMFAO
who? when? where? :confused: :confused:

Deboogle!.
09-06-2004, 12:37 AM
Super Hypnotist Coach :haha: :haha: :haha:

Chloe le Bopper
09-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Poor you.
Poor me? I spent 4 days at the USO last week. Poor you :devil:

Chloe le Bopper
09-06-2004, 12:44 AM
Marry me, Heya!

lucashg
09-06-2004, 12:48 AM
And come on lucas, Roddick has played great all-around tennis in all three of his matches and although it still really concerns me that he never seems to win a long rally, it's not just his serve that is winning these matches.

He's played great, I agree - maybe that's why his matches aren't so enterteining, when he serves, the game usually lasts 2min or so, we have to wait for the other player to serve to see some rally. Of course there are exceptions. Hopefully, his matches will improve (as enterteining shows, not his game quality) as he plays stronger opponents.

Havok
09-06-2004, 01:33 AM
Duckboy has not been tested so far. a pre-injury Canas would have tested him but that person did not show up today. i am not certain that this draw is doing him any favors. sure it's nice to get a cushy run to the finals but you also need some match toughness on the way there and the Duck is not getting that. i dunno anything about Pim Pim's game so i can't comment on that but if he's as good as y'all are predicting, then it's not good that the Duck has only had to deal with Scoville, Nadal, and the like as preparation.
Tell that to TBE who was extatic to see Canas slated to face Roddick in the round of 32. :haha:

WyveN
09-06-2004, 01:36 AM
I hope you are not from the States, that would be embarassing.

What a stupid comment to make :lol:

the most interesting thing about this match up is whether there will be bagels or bread sticks

Havok
09-06-2004, 01:37 AM
Or better yet, will Robredo finally take a set off of Andy.:scared:

Chloe le Bopper
09-06-2004, 01:40 AM
Or better yet, will Robredo finally take a set off of Andy.:scared:
Now now... let's not be unrealistic here.

Chloe le Bopper
09-06-2004, 01:42 AM
Let's play the: "how many games will Robredo win" game.

I'll go first! 9

(and before one of the two Robredo fans here jump on me: I am one :devil: )

Havok
09-06-2004, 01:50 AM
8.:)

Deboogle!.
09-06-2004, 01:55 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

star
09-06-2004, 02:31 AM
I don't know, Dent almost beat him in Australia this year :tears:

Bottom line is: Andy won. Plus, I didn't say that he had NEVER had trouble with a big server, but only that he had done just fine. :)

I would be excited about a Pim Pim match up just because I think that it would be great to see Pim Pim in an entire match. I've only seen him once live... and he got beaten. :( That's the only time I've ever seen and entire match of his.

I don't expect Joachim to trouble Andy very much at all. :)

Gosh, I'm sensing that the MTF gang is getting a little bummed that Andy keeps winning easily against players who they hope will trouble him. Oh well. :)

tennischick
09-06-2004, 02:36 AM
Gosh, I'm sensing that the MTF gang is getting a little bummed that Andy keeps winning easily against players who they hope will trouble him. Oh well. :)
no surprise there -- Duckboy is the most disliked player on this board and most folks want him to lose. duh.

general question: why is Johansson called Pim Pim? sorry if i missed this explanation before.

Havok
09-06-2004, 02:37 AM
Which pimPim loss did you see live on tv star? Or do you mean in person when you said the word live?

star
09-06-2004, 02:39 AM
I meant in person. It was a qualifying match. He lost to Odensek... I may have misspelled that name. :)

Deboogle!.
09-06-2004, 02:39 AM
Bottom line is: Andy won. Plus, I didn't say that he had NEVER had trouble with a big server, but only that he had done just fine. :)

LMFAO I was kidding don't you remember the score of Andy/Taylor in Australia? It was 62 60 62 or some variation of the sort :haha:

star
09-06-2004, 02:43 AM
no surprise there -- Duckboy is the most disliked player on this board and most folks want him to lose. duh.

general question: why is Johansson called Pim Pim? sorry if i missed this explanation before.

Yeah. You missed it like 85 times. :)

And I know that the MTF gang dislikes Roddick even more than Lleyton and it doesn't surprise me at all that they are getting bummed and annoyed that Andy continues to win. :)

Here's the Pim Pim story although I thought I had responded to a question about the name from you before. When Pim Pim was a little one, his brother couldn't say Joachim properly. It came out "Pim" Pim Pim is a popular candy in Sweden, so they started calling him Pim Pim........ and it stuck. :)

tennischick
09-06-2004, 02:53 AM
Yeah. You missed it like 85 times. :)
what can i say...i have a fucking life.

i made a point of putting the words "general question" so that you would not feel personally obligated to respond. i really wasn't in the mood for another of your graceless responses. you seem to assume that all posters have the same amount of time to spend here that you do.

finally -- i truly cannot remember either asking you the question before or receiving your answer. but if it bothers you that much to answer a question, then in future, don't fucking answer.

Billabong
09-06-2004, 02:54 AM
:rolleyes:

star
09-06-2004, 02:56 AM
what can i say...i have a fucking life.

i made a point of putting the words "general question" so that you would not feel personally obligated to respond. i really wasn't in the mood for another of your graceless responses. you seem to assume that all posters have the same amount of time to spend here that you do.

finally -- i truly cannot remember either asking you the question before or receiving your answer. but if it bothers you that much to answer a question, then in future, don't fucking answer.

It doesn't bother me at all to answer you. :)

But since you generally feel no need to be cordial or polite to me or to consider my or others feelings in general, I feel no obligation to be cordial to you. :)

tennischick
09-06-2004, 02:59 AM
It doesn't bother me at all to answer you. :)

But since you generally feel no need to be cordial or polite to me or to consider my or others feelings in general, I feel no obligation to be cordial to you. :)
all the more reason to ignore me and my question and allow someone else less bothered by me to answer it. peace out. :wavey:

Tennis Fool
09-06-2004, 03:58 AM
all the more reason to ignore me and my question and allow someone else less bothered by me to answer it. peace out. :wavey:

TC, stop throwing biscuits at Star :( You know she can't resist them.

tennischick
09-06-2004, 04:06 AM
but i wasn't! honestly. that's why i made a point of saying "general question" so she wouldn't personalise it. oh well.

i'm off to bed. sleep well. :kiss: :wavey:

Tennis Fool
09-06-2004, 04:07 AM
Nighty-nite.

Chloe le Bopper
09-06-2004, 05:45 AM
Ugh. Star blows. Must you torture me by quoting her hypocritical, self-righteous, vile posts, TC? What did I ever do to deserve that? ;)

heya
09-06-2004, 05:50 AM
My my. Breadsticks and bagels dished out by anyone but Divine Fed is ungodlike, indeed.

Chloe le Bopper
09-06-2004, 05:52 AM
Maybe Roddick is the anti Christ?

heya
09-06-2004, 06:07 AM
Roddick is holy only if he moves fast and gracefully. :angel:
*:secret:* It's hard to have finesse if you weren't blessed with it. :devil:

heya
09-06-2004, 06:11 AM
Today, 10:00 PM #51
WyveN

vCash: $ 57 Re: Roddick d. Robredo w.o

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by star
Bottom line is: Andy won. Plus, I didn't say that he had NEVER had trouble with a big server, but only that he had done just fine.

I would be excited about a Pim Pim match up just because I think that it would be great to see Pim Pim in an entire match. I've only seen him once live... and he got beaten. That's the only time I've ever seen and entire match of his.

I don't expect Joachim to trouble Andy very much at all.

Gosh, I'm sensing that the MTF gang is getting a little bummed that Andy keeps winning easily against players who they hope will trouble him. Oh well.

Its disturbing when bitter old you puts smilies at the end of every sentence :)

WyveN
09-06-2004, 06:50 AM
Heya, I would pay to know your I.Q

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-06-2004, 09:40 AM
The clowns have taken over the circus in this thread.

Roddick is doing well at the US Open, that's so unusual and Robredo giving him any trouble would be more unusual, though not as bizarre as heya making sense or star contributing with something not sanctimonious.

sigmagirl91
09-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Heya, I would pay to know your I.Q

How much? Whatever you put down, I will match you dollar for dollar.

sigmagirl91
09-06-2004, 09:59 AM
The clowns have taken over the circus in this thread.

Roddick is doing well at the US Open, that's so unusual and Robredo giving him any trouble would be more unusual, though not as bizarre as heya making sense or star contributing with something not sanctimonious.

You're right. Can anything get more bizarre? It already has. I'm posting at a most ungodly hour.

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 10:06 AM
How much? Whatever you put down, I will match you dollar for dollar.

I wonder if the Smithsonian Institute could use the I.Q score within their research department.

tennischick
09-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Its disturbing when bitter old you puts smilies at the end of every sentence :)
it's disturbing that she doesn't seem to realise that using a string of smilies doesn't hide her extreme bitterness.

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 12:37 PM
it's disturbing that she doesn't seem to realise that using a string of smilies doesn't hide her extreme bitterness.

A lot of things are not realised on this board, and they should be and yes, I agree with that above comment.

WyveN
09-06-2004, 12:49 PM

Bingo.

Blaze
09-06-2004, 12:59 PM
This is not meant as a personal attack against you Heya, but for the life of me I can't seem to understand any of your posts whatsoever. I don't know if it is the excessive use of sarcasm at in appropriate times or my brain is just too dense whenever I'm reading your post :shrug:

tennischick
09-06-2004, 01:05 PM
i've always assumed that English is not heya's first language. correct me if i'm wrong heya.

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 01:07 PM
i've always assumed that English is not heya's first language. correct me if i'm wrong heya.

English is not Wyver's, Layla, Neely or myself's first language, but it is heya's.

tennischick
09-06-2004, 01:09 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 01:12 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I could be wrong, but from all the stuff I have read from the 'rather unique" heya, the more I see, the more I am convinced that English is her 1st language, just writes it in a strange style.

Frooty_Bazooty
09-06-2004, 01:21 PM
whoever made this thread should really change the title, when i read it i thought Tommy was injured :eek:

i just hope the match is as good as the one they had in wimbledon that went 7-6 6-4 6-4. that was a very entertaining match

Tennis Fool
09-06-2004, 01:40 PM
You don't know Egg's sense of humor.

WyveN
09-06-2004, 02:14 PM

when heya bad reps me she writes in perfect english

WyveN
09-06-2004, 02:15 PM
This is not meant as a personal attack against you Heya, but for the life of me I can't seem to understand any of your posts whatsoever. I don't know if it is the excessive use of sarcasm at in appropriate times or my brain is just too dense whenever I'm reading your post :shrug:

Thats the whole point. Best to ignore or point and laugh.

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 02:16 PM
when heya bad reps me she writes in perfect english

:haha:

Why does that not surprise me.

Raquel
09-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Or better yet, will Robredo finally take a set off of Andy. :scared:

Excuse me, Tommy schooled Andy in straight sets at the 2000 Australian Hardcourts juniors. Why people forget that one so easily is beyond me.....

I'll go first! 9

Rebecca there's at least 4 Robredo fans now (that's including you).

Anyway did anyone see Andy's win over Tommy at Wimbledon last year? Andy won 7-6 (5), 6-4, 6-4. In that first set Tommy was two points away from a whole set! :cool: It was actually a really great match, one of the best of that tournament with some great rallies and I think Tommy handled Andy's serve well on Tommy's worst surface. Therefore, considering all that, I say Tommy will push Andy to at least one 7-6 or 7-5 set. Actually I am going to forget all logic and out of loyalty say that Tommy will win 24 games - a 6-7, 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 win :)

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Excuse me, Tommy schooled Andy in straight sets at the 2000 Australian Hardcourts juniors. Why people forget that one so easily is beyond me..... :)

Mariano Zabaleta was the best junior and only lost 3 matches for a whole year, but he never consistently took that form into the seniors and Robredo needs to produce in the big boys and I want him to, but he won't win against Roddick.

Neely
09-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Why people forget that one so easily is beyond me.....
maybe it's because four years are a long time and because a lot of things have happened in this time ;)
Roddick went on to win title after title, a Grand Slam included, #2 player of the world whereas Tommy's achievements weren't that impressive in the same time.

Raquel
09-06-2004, 02:48 PM
maybe it's because four years are a long time and because a lot of things have happened in this year ;)
Roddick went on to win title after title, a Grand Slam included, #2 player of the world whereas Tommy's achievements weren't that impressive in the same time.
Neely, don't worry I was being sarcastic there. I only knew about it myself because I looked it up on ITFtennis :lol:

Neely
09-06-2004, 02:55 PM
lol, then it's okay.... :lol:
I didn't get it at all :o

Deboogle!.
09-06-2004, 03:54 PM
Last time they played on Decoturf was 3 yrs ago, same tournament, same round. 6-2 6-2 6-4.

sigmagirl91
09-06-2004, 09:00 PM
I wonder if the Smithsonian Institute could use the I.Q score within their research department.

Would make for an interesting read if they decide to pursue the possibility.

sigmagirl91
09-06-2004, 09:02 PM

Unfortunately, it is. Sometimes I don't understand what heya's saying, not that I make it a point to do so.

Boludo
09-07-2004, 05:42 AM
Would make for an interesting read if they decide to pursue the possibility.

That would be definitely interesting to see, maybe I will email them, so that they can conduct the experiment.

I would like to see Robredo do something, but it's hard to go past anything but a comfortable win for Roddick.

Patrick
09-07-2004, 09:52 AM
Robredo Garcés will probably lose, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for him. :) I don't like Roddick. :rolleyes:

RogiFan88
09-07-2004, 03:33 PM
such a crap draw for Robredo, as per usual, but an easy-peasy one for Pandy... Pandy s breeze into the final no probs...

~EMiLiTA~
09-07-2004, 03:44 PM
hehe I actually think Tommy normally gets quite easy draws...certainly up til now his US Open draw has been great...his olympics draw also turned out to be great...he's played so many players ranked in the hundreds or close to the hundreds recently...much easier than for a lot of other players...I think Rafa Nadal is one of those players who normally gets crap draws

Havok
09-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Excuse me, Tommy schooled Andy in straight sets at the 2000 Australian Hardcourts juniors. Why people forget that one so easily is beyond me.....
So then Cara Black is the #1 player on the WTA Tour then huh?:tape:

Oh, and a 6-3, 7-6(1) win isn't a "schooling";)

tangerine_dream
09-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Nobody's giving Tommy much of a chance for this match, huh? :p

Matt Cronin's Picks

2-ANDY RODDICK (USA) VS. 18-TOMMY ROBREDO (ESP)

The question here isn't whether Andy Roddick will win; it's whether he will drop a set. Roddick is 6-0 lifetime against old junior foe Tommy Robredo, beating him on four different surfaces. He's won all 15 sets they've played, mostly because he's a little better in every department. Robredo can't do anything with Roddick's bullet serve, has a weaker forehand and, up until this year, hasn't served well enough himself to keep Andy from pouncing.

That doesn't mean that Robredo isn't a big-time talent because he is. He's quite lethal off the ground and is hell to play in rallies, but he's been a little slow to develop as a pro. He's going to have to come on court with an entirely new attitude against Andy and show the American that he does believe he can pull off an upset. But Robredo really doesn't, which is why Roddick will enter the quarterfinals without having been pushed by anyone. It's going to take a monumental effort for anyone (Federer included) to steal the US Open trophy from him.

Cervantes
09-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Well it's hard to give Tommy any chance based on their previous results and also the way Andy has been playing the first couple of rounds. I'd say 6-8 games for Robredo, cause I don't consider him to be that much better than Nadal or Canas, and Canas did actually have a good record against Andy coming into the match, unlike Tommy.

Jennay
09-07-2004, 06:28 PM
such a crap draw for Robredo, as per usual, but an easy-peasy one for Pandy... Pandy s breeze into the final no probs...
Easy peasy? Scoville wasn't really expected to do much, Nadal could've definitely been a tougher customer, Canas had a 2-1 H2H vs. Pandy ( :rolleyes: ), Robredo isn't the toughest for him, but isn't the easiest, PimPim can give problems if they get to play against eachother, then a potential meet up with Haas or Hewitt in the Semis, and the chance of meeting Roger or Agassi in the finals who both pretty much own Andy.

Not that Roger's walk into the Quarters was hard.

Scotso
09-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Good luck Tommy :bounce:

misyou25
09-07-2004, 07:37 PM
why wo??????

Havok
09-07-2004, 07:44 PM
why wo??????
Check their h2h.;)

Iheartandy&roger
09-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Tommy already made a run for it! In fact he ran all the way to Canada and he's at my house right now poor fella I feel for him i'd run away from a match against Andy too ... if i was one of those men but if it was me and I had to face him i'd welcome that match with open arms!

Havok
09-07-2004, 08:22 PM
:lol:

misyou25
09-07-2004, 08:49 PM
youre really unfair. tommy can win. head 2 head doesnt matter

Iheartandy&roger
09-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Omg he's on the run again! I didnt even get to sya goodbye * sniff* maybe he's gunna go back to face Andy hmm..... or maybe he's at my friends house but hopefully he's running back to the us open!

misyou25
09-07-2004, 08:58 PM
you know, tommy is pretty fit at the moment and i dont think itll be easy for andy although hes well at the moment and in america. but tommy is a fighter and a tennis player by heart and he wont give up before the match pont is played

misyou25
09-07-2004, 09:00 PM
shit... night session. the crowd goes crazy in the night sessions

Havok
09-07-2004, 09:00 PM
It's not just about the h2h, but the fact that Robredo doesn't have much to hurt Andy with. That being said I don't think Andy will bagel Tommy or win a set 6-1, Robredo is just a bit better than that. I expect this to be the toughest match Andy's played so far at the Us Open, but fairly easy nonetheless.

misyou25
09-07-2004, 09:05 PM
tommy has just problems with the serve (nervosity after the first serve to fail). but actually, i dont like robredo that much i liked him before but i still think hes a good player (about his behavior we can discuss later) and i think andy has to respect him and be afraid of his shots cos whenever one of them makes a too short ball both will make for example a winner and both are great players (but both with strange characters) and tommy is obviously good on hard court and hes always changing that. once he is great a year on clay, the other on hard. and this year maybe better on clay, but still he is able to beat everyone. any player can beat any other player anytime. even vliegen could win against federer if federer hasnt a good day and vliegen's feeling good. why not?

speedracer
09-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Easy peasy? Scoville wasn't really expected to do much, Nadal could've definitely been a tougher customer, Canas had a 2-1 H2H vs. Pandy ( :rolleyes: ), Robredo isn't the toughest for him, but isn't the easiest, PimPim can give problems if they get to play against eachother, then a potential meet up with Haas or Hewitt in the Semis, and the chance of meeting Roger or Agassi in the finals who both pretty much own Andy.

Not that Roger's walk into the Quarters was hard.

Both Canas and Nadal are coming back after injury. They spent a lot of time on clay and did not have great results on fast hard courts.

Do you really want Roddick to change sides with Federer? Do you really want him to have Agassi and Henman on the way to the finals? I doubt it.

If we are talking about h-h, then check Federer-Costa records. Also Santoro is very fit this year and had good results( managed to beat Hewitt in Toronto).

Pavel's withdrawal, of course, upset a lot of people, but those who "made" the draw couldn't predict that, or could they? I guess they counted on quite dangerous Ljubicic to make R16.

misyou25
09-07-2004, 09:31 PM
i just think federer always has easy draws...

speedracer
09-07-2004, 09:40 PM
i just think federer always has easy draws...

:smash:

The grass is always greener on the other side. :haha:

Raquel
09-07-2004, 10:10 PM
So then Cara Black is the #1 player on the WTA Tour then huh?:tape:

Oh, and a 6-3, 7-6(1) win isn't a "schooling";)
Don't worry Naldo I was just kidding. I will use smilies next time.

And come on! 7-1 tiebreak? ANDY = OWNED AND YUO KNOW IT! :p

Anyway Tommy, please win some games!! :bounce:

Havok
09-07-2004, 11:45 PM
Don't worry Naldo I was just kidding. I will use smilies next time.

And come on! 7-1 tiebreak? ANDY = OWNED AND YUO KNOW IT! :p

Anyway Tommy, please win some games!! :bounce:
:haha: Poor Andy, owned in that tie-break.:tears:

BaselineSmash
09-08-2004, 12:52 AM

Well, that's got a lot to do with the fact that Robredo isn't good enough. You can hardly blame Roddick for being drawn against someone who is inferior to him.

BaselineSmash
09-08-2004, 03:55 AM
The title of this thread is getting more apt by the minute. This match has come as close to a walkover as you can get when two players actually turn up fit to play.

TheBoiledEgg
09-08-2004, 03:58 AM
dont u think TOmmy would have had a better shot if he didnt turn up ??

or he could have delayed his entrance for 10 mins or so
in that time Duck could have tripped over his own feet again (these days less and less :o)

WyveN
09-08-2004, 04:02 AM
This is probably the biggest mismatch between players in the top 20, right after Roddick and Federer ;)

BaselineSmash
09-08-2004, 04:06 AM
Robredo would do well to learn that holding serve helps against a player like Roddick.

WyveN
09-08-2004, 04:07 AM
Robredo would do well to learn that holding serve helps against a player like Roddick.

Maybe his strategy is to take it easy on his own serve and concentrate on breaking Andy.

Chloe le Bopper
09-08-2004, 04:10 AM
This is probably the biggest mismatch between players in the top 20, right after Roddick and Federer ;)
:lol:

BaselineSmash
09-08-2004, 04:15 AM
Maybe his strategy is to take it easy on his own serve and concentrate on breaking Andy.

Well, that would explain a lot. That kind of strategy surely warrants some kind of annual ATP Worst Strategy For Successive Matches Against A Top 10 Player Award, for the years 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004.

Coleburg83
09-08-2004, 04:15 AM
Federer and Roddick mismatch?

What are you talking about?

I can't remember too many of their matches, but none of them was a mismatch.

Are you that stupid? I know Rebecca is.

WyveN
09-08-2004, 04:20 AM
Are you that stupid? I know Rebecca is.

My comment didn't fly over Rebecca's head like it did over yours so I don't know why you are calling her stupid.

Havok
09-08-2004, 04:22 AM
it was a *slightly* funny joke.;)

Coleburg83
09-08-2004, 04:22 AM
Did you ever see Federer-Roddick matches?

Comparing them to Robredo-Roddick is just beyond STUPID.

And I have no doubt you can't understand.

WyveN
09-08-2004, 04:26 AM
Did you ever see Federer-Roddick matches?

Comparing them to Robredo-Roddick is just beyond STUPID.

And I have no doubt you can't understand.

Maybe Naldo can explain it to you because I give up.

Tennis Fool
09-08-2004, 04:52 AM
Please, no more R&R :scared:

J. Corwin
09-08-2004, 05:04 AM
I'll give you credit that it was kinda funny. ;)

Chloe le Bopper
09-08-2004, 06:22 AM

I'll go first! 9

Who's your Daddy?

Chloe le Bopper
09-08-2004, 06:23 AM
My comment didn't fly over Rebecca's head like it did over yours so I don't know why you are calling her stupid.
Probably because I had the audacity to point out one of his stupid comments earlier in this thread. I've found that people generally don't like it when you point out their stupidity. Strange, that...

Chloe le Bopper
09-08-2004, 06:24 AM
Please, no more R&R :scared:
No no... more R&R. Their two matches a year means that Robredo is on my TV twice a year. Sounds good to me.