Roddick vs. Canas [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roddick vs. Canas

Tennis Fool
09-05-2004, 06:32 PM
So, do you think Guillermo will give Roddick any trouble, or will Roddick get through in straight sets?

Ballbuster
09-05-2004, 06:32 PM
you start too many threads TF, give it a rest

Tennis Fool
09-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Roddick is currently up 3-0.

If he bagels Canas, it will have been the third match in a row.

1NightStandsRule
09-05-2004, 07:15 PM
6-1 to Duck

Tennis Fool
09-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Canas is getting blown off the court.

tennischick
09-05-2004, 07:46 PM
start as many threads as you want TF. Lud knows i'm too lazy/busy to! :kiss:

you won't be able to judge Canas performance until the 3rd set.

Tennis Fool
09-05-2004, 07:56 PM
start as many threads as you want TF. Lud knows i'm too lazy/busy to! :kiss:

Thank you , TC :kiss:

tennischick
09-05-2004, 08:01 PM
you're welcome dahlin'. :kiss:

Canas IMO is an endurance player. if he wins the 3rd set, we have a match.

Dirk
09-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Hello Tennischick, so are you looking forward to tomorrow's matches? I hope Rogi gets full slot for his match.

Chloe le Bopper
09-05-2004, 08:13 PM

How true is that? That said, he's having a great deal of difficulty holding these last couple of service games.

Oh, John. Roddick would not win this matchup on clay if he was playing this well, because he would not play this well on clay. Sigh. I usually like John, but please.

tennischick
09-05-2004, 08:53 PM
i think it's true Becca. the gamble is to allow Duckboy to use up some of his strength with his 150mph serves during the first 2 sets and then seriously start to play after that. it's a classic Moya/Correjta/Dirtballer strategy bec these guys whey can stay out there all day. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. you have to be very fit to pull it off. it didn't work for Canas today.

Dirk: i always look forward to the excellence of Federer. now that's what i call tennis!

star
09-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Puppydog can't resist starting a thread with Andy's name in it. :)

Andy didn't really give Canas much of a chance to play today. I think Canas is capable of doing better against Andy on hardcourt too, but Andy was playing too well, and Canas isn't completely back to his pre-injury form.

:yippee: Andy.

I'm all for easy wins for him. :)

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 09:03 PM
I'm all for matches where he has triple winners to errors and serves 71%. Yea that works for me. Oh and almost 70% of net points too I can live with that ;)

And the obsession continues :dance:

Havok
09-05-2004, 09:12 PM
i think it's true Becca. the gamble is to allow Duckboy to use up some of his strength with his 150mph serves during the first 2 sets and then seriously start to play after that. it's a classic Moya/Correjta/Dirtballer strategy bec these guys whey can stay out there all day. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. you have to be very fit to pull it off. it didn't work for Canas today.

Dirk: i always look forward to the excellence of Federer. now that's what i call tennis!
When was the last time Andy let go of a 2 sets to love lead, if you think that his opponents should sit on their ass for that part and step it up in the 3rd? it's never happened.:bigwave:

BaselineSmash
09-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Canas, it's safe to say, was woeful today.

Chloe le Bopper
09-05-2004, 09:51 PM

Sorry, I meant that as a rhetorical question ;) I know it's true!

Chloe le Bopper
09-05-2004, 09:52 PM
When was the last time Andy let go of a 2 sets to love lead, if you think that his opponents should sit on their ass for that part and step it up in the 3rd? it's never happened.:bigwave:
WOOSh goes the point of the assessment right over your head

J. Corwin
09-05-2004, 09:52 PM
:dance:

tennischick
09-05-2004, 11:06 PM

my point is that it is a typical endurance player strategy, not just against the Duck but against any power player. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. for example it's the strategy that brought Correjta to match point against the Android at the USO and got Federer to spank the Android at Wimby. it's not an unusual strategy.

heya
09-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Look at Gilbert. He boasted forever about the 160 mph serve.:smash:

We know great coaches and different court surfaces are hard to find in the U.S.

Layla
09-06-2004, 10:58 AM

So that's why Henman was so successful at RG this year. :lol: He took a page out of the endurance players' book. He learned from the best. Maybe he should always go 2 sets to love down in the slams. ;)

Pity Canas couldn't trouble Roddick more. :(

rassklovn
09-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Canas was awful, and was only in the match after the 1st game, then from there, it wasn't his day and Duckboy was playing well, though JMac must have a short memory as an out of form Canas whipped Roddick on clay earlier this year.

Daniel
09-06-2004, 11:11 AM
Guille :sad:

tennischick
09-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Pity Canas couldn't trouble Roddick more. :(
am i the only one who wonders if Duckboy's people pay off some of his opponents? explains why he has no $$ left over to spend on clothes... :devil:

Layla
09-06-2004, 01:52 PM
am i the only one who wonders if Duckboy's people pay off some of his opponents? explains why he has no $$ left over to spend on clothes... :devil:

:haha: That would explain a lot. :devil: