In the spotlight - Arkulari aka Happy birthday Nat [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

In the spotlight - Arkulari aka Happy birthday Nat

Eden
02-15-2010, 02:20 PM
You mentioned in the spotlight thread that you might want to get one, but you didn't respond to my answer via rep if you are still interested. Now you don't have an alternative - you got your thread :p

1) When did you start watching tennis?

2) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most? (Though I probably don't have to ask a Fedal fan this one, but you probably like to see your favourite players against a few more players ;) )

3) Who would be your favourite coach for your favourite player?

4) Why do you think people seem to have a problem with it when someone likes Roger and Rafa equally? A lot of the people here on MTF probably like two players equally, yet nobody seems to have a problem with it.

5) What is your current desktop picture?

6) If you had lots of money to spend, which charity would you donate this money too and why?

7) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

8) If you were a dancer on Dancing with the Stars, what celebrity would you want to dance with?

9) What's the one thing that goes everywhere with you when you travel?

10) If you could ask God one question, what would it be?

11) How long can you go without being on the internet?

12) List the 3 qualities you like the most and the least about yourself.

13) Who's your favourite tenniscommentator and who do you like the least?

14) What would you like to see changed on the ATP tour?

15) What beliefs do you stand very strong for, and stand strong against?

16) What do you think people think of you?

17) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?

18) What is the most valuable thing you own?

19) You can go back in time and prevent a great catastrophe. Which one would you prevent?

20) Do you have any quirks (for example having to check 10 times whether you have really closed the door)?

21) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

22) If you could have dinner with 3 people from any time in history, whom would you invite? Why?

23) Which 5 internet sites do you visit regurlary?

24) Who are your Top 10 favourite retired players?

25) What do you think is the meaning of life?

Thanks in advance for answering :)

Arkulari
02-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Hey Doris :p

I'm not the most interesting person ever, but here we go...

1) When did you start watching tennis?

My family has been tennisTarded since Laver's era I think :lol: so it was always a part of my life, I guess my first conscious memories of watching matches are from Edberg/Becker in the early 90's

2) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most? (Though I probably don't have to ask a Fedal fan this one, but you probably like to see your favourite players against a few more players )

My favorite Fedal match: Rome 06 :)

My favorite Roger matches: Wimbledon 01 against Sampras, USO 04 against Hewitt, AO 05 against Safin, Miami 05 against Rafa, Hamburg 07 against Rafa, RG 09 against Toad and AO 10 against Murray

My favorite Rafa matches: Rome 05 against Coria, RG 05 against Roger, IW 07 against Nole, Olympics 08 against Gonzo, AO 09 against Roger, Madrid 09 against Nole

3) Who would be your favourite coach for your favourite player?

For Roger? maybe he should have stuck with Tony Roche? I dunno, if he has won like 9 Slams without a coach maybe he's doing something right ;)

For Rafa? ANYONE but Toni, I've always been pretty vocal with my displeasure about the guy :rolleyes:, someone who can teach him how to shorten the points and SLICE :lol:

4) Why do you think people seem to have a problem with it when someone likes Roger and Rafa equally? A lot of the people here on MTF probably like two players equally, yet nobody seems to have a problem with it.

the tards of either player are usually haters of the other, so most of them can't conceive that someone likes them both

God forbid if you try to be reasonable and objective in MTF, that's what is not well received :rolleyes:

5) What is your current desktop picture?

the standard Windows one of the green hill and the blue sky :lol:

6) If you had lots of money to spend, which charity would you donate this money too and why?

A lot of organizations need help, but more than give money, I'd rather give them everything they need but bought by me, there's corruption around some of those so it's better to be safe ;)

To me top priority: AIDS research, education in poor countries, farming programs for them to learn to cultivate their own food...

7) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

I drooled over Rios' play, he was so talented but I got to meet him twice and realized how much of an asshole he was and he lost me as a fan then

Nole used to annoy me a LOT for his loud ways and his obnoxious family but nowadays he's grown on me, specially since he stopped retiring :)

8) If you were a dancer on Dancing with the Stars, what celebrity would you want to dance with?

Aitor Ocio :drool:

9) What's the one thing that goes everywhere with you when you travel?

Laptop, mobile and wet tissues (if you're a mother, you'd understand why)

10) If you could ask God one question, what would it be?

Why did you create the Universe? What was the point of doing so?

11) How long can you go without being on the internet?

1 day or less, I'm pretty much addicted :lol:

12) List the 3 qualities you like the most and the least about yourself.

Like:

1. Honest
2. Driven
3. Smart

Dislike:

1. Foot in mouth
2. Impulsive
3. Cruel

13) Who's your favourite tenniscommentator and who do you like the least?

From Spain: I love Corretja and dislike Nacho Calvo
From LA: I love Frana and abhor Varela/Clerc
Worldwide: I like Mac and Stich and dislike Wilander and Mary Jo Fernandez

14) What would you like to see changed on the ATP tour?

The schedule, it is killing the players, we're not even two months into the season and a LOT of them are already screwed

Less mandatory tournaments and shorter season

15) What beliefs do you stand very strong for, and stand strong against?

For: I'm Catholic, so I stand by my faith (though I have disagreed with the church more than once in several subjects as celibacy and birth control), free will, freedom of speech, respect

Against: Tardism and Racism of any kind

16) What do you think people think of you?

That I'm a loud, smart and funny Spaniard who carries a bow, likes to bitch at a heat exchanger and loves her family and her country

17) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?

When I was like 10? at least my first personal one, internet about the same time (mid 90's), X Files :D

18) What is the most valuable thing you own?

in terms of money? my BMW bike and a Rolex watch I got for my wedding
in terms of emotional attachment? the first dress my husband gave me, a signed bandana Roger gave me in 2002 and my archery kit

19) You can go back in time and prevent a great catastrophe. Which one would you prevent?

The Holocaust

20) Do you have any quirks (for example having to check 10 times whether you have really closed the door)?

Check the gas stove and water heating about 5 times before leaving or going to bed

21) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Being a plant manager, living with my husband while we raise our teenaged kids ( :eek: ), traveling more, working less :p

22) If you could have dinner with 3 people from any time in history, whom would you invite? Why?

Queen Elizabeth II: that woman has seen like 11 PM, lived the WWII, has been in the center of power for over 50 years, just to know what she knows and what she's seen, it'd be amazing

Isaac Newton: this guy set the foundations for a lot of the math/science work we have nowadays, someone who made such contributions for mankind deserves my praise

Bertrand Russell: his principia mathematica is a work of art, not to mention anti-war statements and his contributions to the philosophy of science

23) Which 5 internet sites do you visit regurlary?

LiveJournal, MTF, ArcheryTalk, Wikipedia, AspenTech

24) Who are your Top 10 favourite retired players?

the list of the ones I actually saw playing in my time, no matter how briefly:

1. Rafter
2. Corretja
3. Edberg
4. Safin
5. Bruguera
6. Berasategui
7. Muster
8. Coria
9. Bjorkman
10. Henman

25) What do you think is the meaning of life?

as clichéd as it might sound, to search for one's happiness without making others unhappy

Eden
02-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Interesting read, thanks for taking your time :hatoff:

Some more questions, hopefully others will ask you something as well :p

1) What are your favourite tournaments?
2) If you could change the outcome of one tennismatch what would it be?
3) Which was the most roller-coaster match you have ever seen?
4) Which languages do you speak?
5) What do you think about the monarchy?
6) Which movies have you seen the most often?
7) Which tournament you haven't been to so far would you like to go to?
8) Who was your most embarassing celebrity crush?
9) What's your best childhood memory?
10) If you could change one thing about the world today, what would it be?
11) What was your favorite book when you were a kid?
12) What was a strange idea you had as a kid of the idea of growing up?
13) What's the habit you're proudest of breaking?
14) Where were you on September 11, 2001?
15) What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
16) What's your favorite smell?
17) What is the most romantic thing that’s ever been done for you?
18) What is the most romantic thing you have ever done?
19) What's a word that you say a lot?
20) What's the smartest advise that anyone has ever given you?

Dini
02-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Nat why don't Fedals like to admit that they like one player more than the other? I don't believe there is such a thing as a proper Fedal (50% Fed, 50% Rafa), I mean naturally we're all about favouritism. :confused:

Arkulari
02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
1) What are your favourite tournaments?

Hamburg, RG, Barcelona, Halle, Wimbledon

2) If you could change the outcome of one tennis match what would it be?

RG 04 Federer-Kuerten, RG 09 Toad-Rafa

3) Which was the most roller-coaster match you have ever seen?

Wimbledon 01 Ivanisevic-Henman, RG 04 Gaudio-Coria

4) Which languages do you speak?

English, French, Norwegian, Spanish and Euskera

5) What do you think about the monarchy?

tricky question, I do like the Kings and like to have them as the country's representatives but I don't like the Prince and his wife to be the next ones, so I guess I'm more of a JuanCarlista than a monarchic

6) Which movies have you seen the most often?

LOTR trilogy, Star Wars original trilogy, Love Actually, The Lion King, The Matrix (only the first one), Million Dollar Baby

7) Which tournament you haven't been to so far would you like to go to?

The Australian Open and MonteCarlo

8) Who was your most embarassing celebrity crush?

probably Alejandro Sanz :o

9) What's your best childhood memory?

the 92 Olympics :)

10) If you could change one thing about the world today, what would it be?

War, erase war from the face of the earth

11) What was your favorite book when you were a kid?

Momo by Michael Ende

12) What was a strange idea you had as a kid of the idea of growing up?

I didn't really have a good idea of what it meant to have children, I thought they were more or less like talking dolls :lol:

13) What's the habit you're proudest of breaking?

Biting my nails when nervous

14) Where were you on September 11, 2001?

I was going to Uni and probably doing some shooting at the archery range

15) What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

Physicist, working at the CERN

16) What's your favorite smell?

freshly baked bread, the atlantic ocean, lavender, gasoline

17) What is the most romantic thing that’s ever been done for you?

my husband proposed after a scavengerhunt in the Guggenheim Museum of Bilbao

18) What is the most romantic thing you have ever done?

I am not a romantic person :lol:

19) What's a word that you say a lot?

FFS, not again, please

20) What's the smartest advise that anyone has ever given you?

don't fuck other people's lives if you don't want them to fuck yours

Nat why don't Fedals like to admit that they like one player more than the other? I don't believe there is such a thing as a proper Fedal (50% Fed, 50% Rafa), I mean naturally we're all about favouritism. :confused:

Of course it cannot be a perfect 50-50 division

In my case it depends on the player who needs the support the most, whomever is in the worst shape, right now I'd support Rafa over Roger in any tournament :shrug:

Sunset of Age
02-19-2010, 01:31 AM

I'd rather not interfer in threads like this, but well, I can't help meself doing so for this matter.
My question in return is, why does this seem to bother so many folks as much it seems to do? Would anyone be more satisfied if any a Fedal fan answers, "oh you got me here, yes of course, I don't support them 50/50, but 49/51%?" - I've never ever seen the whole subject being emphasized as much when it comes to whatever other players.... :rolleyes:

So, do tell me - what's the big deal on this matter, that seems to upset/bug so many? As I seriously don't get it at all. :confused: :shrug:

Dini
02-19-2010, 03:00 AM
No it doesn't bother me at all. You can like whoever you want to like. :shrug: I just find it hard to grasp that two people can be liked the same amount. Some people claim they're a fan of two people equally, well that truly baffles my brain. It's not about liking top players, it's about claiming to like two guys equally but being a hypocrite about it.

This is not directed to you two but more generally. In real life you see mothers claiming they love all their children equally, for example. I just think naturally as humans we're biased.

Mimi
02-19-2010, 04:49 AM
why you manage to sleep so little but never get tired? :confused::p

icedevil0289
02-19-2010, 05:22 AM

she's actually an alien:p

Cloudygirl
02-19-2010, 07:30 AM
No it doesn't bother me at all. You can like whoever you want to like. :shrug: I just find it hard to grasp that two people can be liked the same amount. Some people claim they're a fan of two people equally, well that truly baffles my brain. It's not about liking top players, it's about claiming to like two guys equally but being a hypocrite about it.

I'm like that too deep down you always have your favourite even if on paper you like two people the same.

Arkulari
02-20-2010, 07:59 AM

she's actually an alien:p

hear the true GOAT, she says the truth :p

I guess it is my metabolism, some people need to sleep 12 hours, others need just 4 :shrug:

and for the favoritism thing, Nad, don't take this the wrong way but when you're a mother (at least a good one) you love your children the same and with every single fiber of your being, I can't choose between my kids :)

I think the Fedal question was already answered and maybe shouldn't be brought into conversation any longer, though I have always find funny the fact that it is Fedal what brings these kind of questions, if I liked Rafa and Nole people wouldn't care much about it ;)

Now, anyone has more questions? :p

Castafiore
02-20-2010, 11:16 AM
I just find it hard to grasp that two people can be liked the same amount..
I don't think that the Fedal thing is a 50/50 thing in general. At least, Arkulari doesn't come across as 50/50. I don't agree with "children/parent" comparison since it doesn't really apply here.

The proof in the pudding can be found in the defensiveness IMO. Here on MTF, you can much more easily recognize a fangirl/fanboy/tard/.... by looking at how defensive they get over a particular player. She tends to get more defensive about one than the other one. I think she likes both but one that much more (which - for the record - is not an accusation but just an observation)

Dini
02-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah that was a bad example but what I was trying to say was that we're naturally biased to one side or another, not just in sport. I get a different impression reading some Fedal posts than what they're trying to convey - and I'm not talking about MTF strictly, other forums
too. I'm not attacking at all, to each his own - it's something I noticed, (heavy) bias to one
side more than the other yet you see claims that they'd support each one alternately at slams or the one who's struggling more, for example. I'm digressing, but I believe you'll always like one more than the other, regardless of circumstances.

icedevil0289
02-20-2010, 05:08 PM
hear the true GOAT, she says the truth :p

I guess it is my metabolism, some people need to sleep 12 hours, others need just 4 :shrug:

and for the favoritism thing, Nad, don't take this the wrong way but when you're a mother (at least a good one) you love your children the same and with every single fiber of your being, I can't choose between my kids :)

I think the Fedal question was already answered and maybe shouldn't be brought into conversation any longer, though I have always find funny the fact that it is Fedal what brings these kind of questions, if I liked Rafa and Nole people wouldn't care much about it ;)

Now, anyone has more questions? :p

I know you're not going to believe me and normally a parent should love your kids the same, but I'm 200% sure my dad loves me more than my sister and he never hesistated to say it infront of her or anyone else. She knows it as well. Ofcourse he loves my sister as well, but he definitely has a soft spot, don't know how to put it for me. Unfortunately because of that, since he loves me the most, he gets angrier at me, I guess because expects more out of me or whatever. and I'm pretty sure my mom loves my sister more.

Arkulari
02-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Ok guys, you have shown your points, may we move on? :D

Next question ;)

Sjengster
02-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Arkulari, I never knew that archery was one of the strings to your particular bow, so to speak. If challenged, do you think you could shoot a flaming arrow through several hangman's nooses at once a la Kevin Costner in Prince of Thieves, or do you prefer a more sedate target?

Sjengster
02-21-2010, 12:41 AM
I'd rather not interfer in threads like this, but well, I can't help meself doing so for this matter.
My question in return is, why does this seem to bother so many folks as much it seems to do? Would anyone be more satisfied if any a Fedal fan answers, "oh you got me here, yes of course, I don't support them 50/50, but 49/51%?" - I've never ever seen the whole subject being emphasized as much when it comes to whatever other players.... :rolleyes:

So, do tell me - what's the big deal on this matter, that seems to upset/bug so many? As I seriously don't get it at all. :confused: :shrug:

Think of it as being like someone attempting to broker a theological compromise between Catholics and Huguenots in the French Wars of Religion - an analogy I have applied before to MTF, and I think it works here too. Those attempting to find common cause with the heretics are denounced by zealots on both sides, and peaceful occasions descend into acrimony with only a few ill-chosen words. You yourself might be viewed with even more suspicion after Federer managed to match Nadal in winning RG last year, but then as a fan of both players, Paris is worth a clash, I imagine.

Arkulari
02-21-2010, 04:59 AM
Arkulari, I never knew that archery was one of the strings to your particular bow, so to speak. If challenged, do you think you could shoot a flaming arrow through several hangman's nooses at once a la Kevin Costner in Prince of Thieves, or do you prefer a more sedate target?

Hey :wavey:

My aim is pretty good but I don't know if I'd be capable of doing the Robin Hood thingy, specially because shooting flaming arrows isn't as cool as it seems, but I would certainly give it a try because I love challenges :D

I'm not bad with moving targets using a crossbow, but if I'm using a bow, I prefer indoor archery

Cloudygirl
02-21-2010, 05:55 PM
favourite book as a child?
Favourite book as an adult?
Best childhood memory?
Best adult memory?
favourite style of food?
Favourite meal?
Favourite individual food item?
If you could only eat one meal and you had to eat it every day for 5 years what would you pick?
Favourite alcoholic drink?
Favourite cold fizzy non alcoholic drink?
Favourite cold still drink?
Favourite hot drink?
Favourite holiday destination?
Essential makeup or cosmetic item?
Favourite car?
Favourite bike?
Most bizarre thing that has ever happened to you?
Best tennis memory?
Worst tennis memory?
Are you a good cook?
If you had a dinner party and could invite any 5 live or dead celebrities who would you pick?
Same question but with tennis players?
Who is your biggest sporting hero?
Favourite icecream flavour?
What is your dress sense like and what does it say about you?
What is your ideal dinner party menu?
What do you think of my obsession with food today, was giving up cakes a bad idea?
What extreme sport would you like to try?

(sorry if any of these have been asked before)

Arkulari
02-21-2010, 08:20 PM
favourite book as a child?

Momo by Michael Ende

Favourite book as an adult?

The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail by Baigent, Leigh and Lincoln

Best childhood memory?

the 92 Olympics

Best adult memory?

the birth of my kids (well, when I saw them, labor is not exactly fun :lol: )

favourite style of food?

Basque

Favourite meal?

Shrimp tapas, Cod a la Vizcaina, Sukalki

Favourite individual food item?

Shrimp, Cheese, green grapes

If you could only eat one meal and you had to eat it every day for 5 years what would you pick?

Sukalki

Favourite alcoholic drink?

Txakolí, Vodka

Favourite cold fizzy non alcoholic drink?

Ginger Ale

Favourite cold still drink?

peach iced tea

Favourite hot drink?

chocolate

Favourite holiday destination?

Tayrona National Park in Colombia, the countryside in Northern Spain

Essential makeup or cosmetic item?

ChapStick

Favourite car?

Audi A8

Favourite bike?

Ducati Superbike 1198 R Corse

Most bizarre thing that has ever happened to you?

the ski accident I had when I was 14
and maybe the time last year where a turkey (yes, a living, breathing turkey) almost hit me in the head :o

Best tennis memory?

Rafter winning US Open 1998, Rafa winning Wimbledon 08, Roger winning RG 09

Worst tennis memory?

Rafter losing to Ivanisevic in Wimbledon 01, Boredo-Simon match in Bercy 07, Simon-Monfils AO 09

Are you a good cook?

From 1 to 10, I would place myself in 7 :p

If you had a dinner party and could invite any 5 live or dead celebrities who would you pick?

do statesmen and royalty count? Queen Elizabeth II, Carla Bruni, Freddie Mercury, Bruce Dickinson, Clint Eastwood

Same question but with tennis players?

Rafa, Roger, Laver, Rafter, Borg

Who is your biggest sporting hero?

I don't really consider sportsmen as heroes; but my faves are Power in Squash, Im and Park in Archery, Plushenko and Yagudin in figure skating, Retegi II and Beloki in Basque Pelota, Wislander and Dujshebaev in handball, Pele in football

Favourite icecream flavour?

Strawberry

What is your dress sense like and what does it say about you?

I like casual clothing but don't mind getting dolled-up for big ocassions, I'm not a rebel when it comes to clothing etiquette

What is your ideal dinner party menu?

shrimp, salmon, salad, fruit; combine them as you like

What do you think of my obsession with food today, was giving up cakes a bad idea?

I think you're turning into that kind of person who sees cakes instead of heads in people :lol:

What extreme sport would you like to try?

I've done BMX, bungee jumping, snowboarding and skydiving, maybe I would like to try freestyle motorcross a-la Travis Pastrana

(sorry if any of these have been asked before)

a couple were but I don't mind answering again ;)

Sunset of Age
02-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Think of it as being like someone attempting to broker a theological compromise between Catholics and Huguenots in the French Wars of Religion - an analogy I have applied before to MTF, and I think it works here too.

Very interesting metaphore indeed, Sjengster :D. Have to admit I never really thought about it in this way, but coming to think about it now, I think you have a very good point here. It might well explain why I never understood the dynamics between the two hard-core fandoms, as it's about the same reason why I never understood the dynamics within/between (organized) religions and/or cults either. :)

Those attempting to find common cause with the heretics are denounced by zealots on both sides, and peaceful occasions descend into acrimony with only a few ill-chosen words.

I can well imagine a few of my fav bands incorporating these wise words in one of their songtexts :o. Dunno if you take it like that, but this is (meant as) a compliment to you. ;)
In fact, one of them already has: check out Rush' lyrics to their 'Witch Hunt'. "Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand - ignorance, prejudice, and fear, walk hand-in-hand..." :worship:

You yourself might be viewed with even more suspicion after Federer managed to match Nadal in winning RG last year, but then as a fan of both players, Paris is worth a clash, I imagine.

Every tournament where both of them are on the entry list is indeed 'worth a clash'. And like Nat already said, the choice of for whom to root for most, is more than anything else, depending on the particular circumstances around that time.
When 'everyone' was writing off Federer in 2008, I rooted for him the most. Now that times have managed to change drastically during 2009 (:o), I think it's time for the Fedals to root for Nadal the most by now, so much is obvious.
Which, in contrary to 'popular belief' rampant around MTF-GM and otherwise, doesn't at all necessarily equals rooting against his main rival for that matter (and vice-versa). May the best of the two competitors to win in such a case, and please, just give the due credits to whoever manages to win whenever it happens!

I hope for Rafa to pick up at least one/two GS this year (even if my expectations of him to do so are rather down-and-out right now, but same was the case for Feds in 2008 - how marvellous would it be if Rafa would be able to take the USO this year?), just to 'resettle the scores' and rekindle the Friendly Rivalry that we - well at least, the rather *Silent* fandom that is Fedal Fans - love to see most of all. :D

MacTheKnife
02-22-2010, 03:54 AM
Hey, she likes the X-files, Mulder and Scully. I love Nat !!! Do you know how hard it is to find a smart, beautiful, and self confident woman that loves the X-files. Her husband is one lucky sucker.. :worship:

Sunset of Age
02-22-2010, 04:13 AM
Hey, she likes the X-files, Mulder and Scully. I love Nat !!! Do you know how hard it is to find a smart, beautiful, and self confident woman that loves the X-files. Her husband is one lucky sucker.. :worship:

Glen! So do I! :hug: :D

Arkulari
02-22-2010, 04:23 AM

I love you too Glen :hug: :hug:

Sjengster
02-22-2010, 05:13 AM

So you'd say that in your experience there are an awful lot of insecure women who are X-Files devotees, then? Just curious.

Lemon Custard
02-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Since I'm an actor.. I think it's only fitting I give you the Proust Questionnaire, just in case I ever want to portray you in a theatrical interpretation of the relationships on MTF. :lol:

What is...
Your favourite virtue?
Your favourite qualities in a man?
Your favourite qualities in a woman?
Your chief characteristic?
What you appreciate the most in your friends?
Your main fault?
Your favourite occupation?
Your idea of happiness?
Your idea of misery?
If not yourself, who would you be?
Where would you like to live?
Your favourite colour and flower?
Your favourite prose authors?
Your favourite poets?
Your favourite heroes in fiction?
Your favourite heroines in fiction?
Your favourite painters and composers?
Your favourite heroines in your everyday life?
What characters in history do you most dislike?
Your heroines in World history?
Your favourite food and drink?
Your favourite names?
The military event you admire the most?
The natural talent I'd like to be gifted with?
How do you wish to die?
What is your present state of mind?
For what fault have you most toleration?
Your favourite motto?

:)Take your time... it's a bit excessive! :lol:

habibko
02-22-2010, 04:31 PM
who do you like more, Federer or Nadal?

Arkulari
02-22-2010, 05:52 PM
What is...

Your favourite virtue?

Honesty

Your favourite qualities in a man?

Honesty

Your favourite qualities in a woman?

Loyalty

Your chief characteristic?

Straightforwardness

What you appreciate the most in your friends?

honesty, loyalty

Your main fault?

cruelty

Your favourite occupation?

scientist

Your idea of happiness?

living freely without hurting others

Your idea of misery?

1984 like society

If not yourself, who would you be?

a samurai or a sports star

Where would you like to live?

London or get back to Bilbao

Your favourite colour and flower?

Red, Orchilds

Your favourite prose authors?

Tolkien, Goethe, Delibes, Cela, Baroja, Unamuno, Highsmith, Christie, Poe...

Your favourite poets?

Machado, Garcia Lorca, Flaubert

Your favourite heroes in fiction?

Batman, Green Lantern, Aragorn (LOTR), Shiru (Saint Seiya)

Your favourite heroines in fiction?

Lizzie Bennett (:lol: ), Ariadne, Lady Marian

Your favourite painters and composers?

Velázquez, Picasso, Miro
Bach, Mahler, Orff, Morricone

Your favourite heroines in your everyday life?

people who work bringing health and education to poorer countries

What characters in history do you most dislike?

Hitler, Stalin, most of Roman Emperors

Your heroines in World history?

Joan de Arc, Mother Theresa, Rose Parks

Your favourite food and drink?

Shrimp/Salmon and Txakolí

Your favourite names?

Aitor, Aitana, Iker, Leire, Sebastian, Ximena, Christian, Catherine

The military event you admire the most?

Roncesvalles Battle, Lepanto Battle, D-Day

The natural talent I'd like to be gifted with?

Painting

How do you wish to die?

without knowing, hopefully in my sleep with no pain and no long term illness

What is your present state of mind?

right now? focused/a bit stressed/hungry

ignorancy

Your favourite motto?

I don't really have one

Voo de Mar
02-23-2010, 03:32 AM
1) What do you think about the fact you remind me of Gloria Estefan? :shrug:
2) If you were forced to use a bow towards one of MTF members who would it be? I don't think about killing somebody, you would hit him/her by an arrow in a "safe" part of the body :lol:
3) Do you see some analogy between tennis and archery?

Har-Tru
02-23-2010, 10:33 AM

ignorancy

Thank God. ;)

Har-Tru
02-23-2010, 10:35 AM
1) Has your accent changed since you started living in SA?
2) Did you have a Basque accent before?
3) Will ETA ever be completely defeated?
4) Have you ever been mugged?
5) Is Bogotá a dangerous city?
6) Si et parle en valencià, m'entens?

MacTheKnife
02-23-2010, 02:16 PM
So you'd say that in your experience there are an awful lot of insecure women who are X-Files devotees, then? Just curious.

Generally I say exactly what I mean, or at least very close. So no, that's not what I said, nor what I meant.

Lemon Custard
02-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the answers, Nat!

I too love Elizabeth Bennet - she's my favourite of the Austen women! :lol:

Sjengster
02-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Generally I say exactly what I mean, or at least very close. So no, that's not what I said, nor what I meant.

Understood. ;)

Arkulari
02-23-2010, 06:06 PM
1. Did you meet your hubby in school and how long have you been married?

yes, I met him in the uni, 5 years

2. Do you ever want to be a stay at home mom?

if I have to, yes but if I have a choice then I prefer to have a career

3. When did you become a Fed fan?

Roland Garros 2002, he gave me one of his bandanas :)

4. Ever traveled to the US?

yes, a couple of times

5. Do you like trashy night time soaps like Gossip Girl, 90210, etc?

well, I do like soaps but spanish/latinamerican ones :o

Arkulari
02-23-2010, 06:12 PM
1) What do you think about the fact you remind me of Gloria Estefan? :shrug:

well, she was quite pretty when she was my age, so I take it as a compliment :p

2) If you were forced to use a bow towards one of MTF members who would it be? I don't think about killing somebody, you would hit him/her by an arrow in a "safe" part of the body :lol:

I would like to use some of the MTF tards as targets, just to see if one can beat (or shoot) some sense into them

Let's see: mad world, l_mac, elessar (as a stand-in for the banned ruanz/orgasmatron), P. Antonius, munze_konza, SetSampras...

and to think they aren't as bad as the people at rf.com or vb.com :o :o :o

the good ol' William tell stunt, put an apple on their heads... :lol:

3) Do you see some analogy between tennis and archery?

both sports need focus and precision

Arkulari
02-23-2010, 06:16 PM
1) Has your accent changed since you started living in SA?

it has gotten more neutral but you can still see me as a spaniard, it's a bit more pronunced than the canarian accent now, so you can give yourself an idea about it :p

2) Did you have a Basque accent before?

Of course

3) Will ETA ever be completely defeated?

hopefully yes, the people aren't really supporting them any longer and the new etarras are stupid boys like the ones wearing the footie team shirt :o

the leaders should all be killed like the bastards they are

4) Have you ever been mugged?

people have tried, but so far none succeded

5) Is Bogotá a dangerous city?

the city as a whole isn't that dangerous, like everywhere in the world, there are some neighborhoods where you shouldn't go, but if you stick to the "good" parts of the city (which are about 90%) you're ok

6) Si et parle en valencià, m'entens?

I can understand some valencian/catalan/mallorcan but I can't really write or speak it ;)

icedevil0289
02-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi. :wavey:
1. Did you meet your hubby in school and how long have you been married?
2. Do you ever want to be a stay at home mom?
3. When did you become a Fed fan?
4. Ever traveled to the US?
5. Do you like trashy night time soaps like Gossip Girl, 90210, etc?

hey I watch and like gossip girl. I'm a big of fan of the original 90210 so I refuse to watch the new one.

Arkulari
02-23-2010, 06:45 PM
the original 90210 was good, same with the original Melrose Place, the remakes are beyond crappy :o

icedevil0289
02-23-2010, 07:05 PM
the original 90210 was good, same with the original Melrose Place, the remakes are beyond crappy :o

when it comes to remakes, I am not the most open minded. I'm one of those "oh it can't beat the original,therefor not going to give it a chance" kind of people. There are a few exceptions. Like I said, I haven't seen the new 90210 so I don't know how bad or good it is, but I loved the original and can't bring myself to watch it. Plus I have way too many other shows to keep track of. I suppose people are running out of ideas for new shows, so they decided to remake old ones that were hits.

habibko
02-23-2010, 07:53 PM
lol why did you ignore my question Nat? :rolleyes:

icedevil0289
02-23-2010, 08:00 PM
lol why did you ignore my question Nat? :rolleyes:

try reading the first page. ;)

Arkulari
02-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Habib: if you have read the first page, you wouldn't have asked ;)
I won't talk or answer questions about that topic, anything else is pretty much fair game :)

Eden
11-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Happy birthday Nat and all the best for your new year of life :aparty: :)

Some new questions for you:

1) How often have you seen this clip meanwhile? :p

9EXeweMO520

2) Which tennismatches have you enjoyed the most this year?

3) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

4) What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

5) What has been your biggest challenge in life so far?

7) Person you wish lived next door? (friend, famous person..)

8) How long can you go without being on the internet?

9) Which 5 internet sites do you visit regurlary?

10) If Roger and Mirka would ask you for an advice regarding having twins - what would you tell them? :angel:

Thanks in advance for answering :)

cobalt60
11-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Happy Birthday Nat!!
What were/are your plans to celebrate? :angel:

Cloudygirl
11-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Happy birthday!!!!!

Nathaliia
11-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Happy birthday :worship:

icecastle
11-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Happy birthday Nat! :bdaycake: :hug:

Mimi
11-24-2010, 01:34 AM
:hug::smooch::bigclap::woohoo::music::bdaycake::in love::aparty: happy birthday to a woman who is both beautiful inside and outside:inlove:, wish you got lots of funs and surprises in your birithday:banana::rocker::banana::rocker2::music:

Arkulari
11-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Thanks guys, it's already the 24th for many of you already :)

For Eden:

1) How often have you seen this clip meanwhile?

About twice a day since it first came out... :p

2) Which tennismatches have you enjoyed the most this year?

Federer-Murray AO
Baghdatis-Federer IW
Federer-Gulbis Madrid
Nadal-Soderling RG
Federer-Djokovic Toronto
Nadal-Djokovic US Open
Federer-Djokovic Basel
Nadal-Monfils Tokyo

3) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

I had a very bad concept about Djokovic, but once he stopped being the diva then I started liking the guy (though I still think his parents are :o ), with Murray is a bit of a rollercoaster, I like him when he's attacking but when he resorts to pushing I just don't like to watch him at all; Duck used to be a good sport but in these last years he's been a jerk on court and I don't like him any longer.

4) What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

Neurobiologist

5) What has been your biggest challenge in life so far?

Moving from the security of my home country with a husband and a couple of babies

Probably Save the Children or UNICEF but I'd like to spread the wealth so to speak, to give money to different charities to make a bit of a difference to a lot of people

7) Person you wish lived next door? (friend, famous person..)

Fernando Llorente or Aitor Ocio (Athletic footballers)
I love my parents to death but I wouldn't want them to live SO close to me :lol:

8) How long can you go without being on the internet?

A week? I've been in the middle of nowhere (literally speaking) and it's been ok though I really like to use the web :p

9) Which 5 internet sites do you visit regurlary?

Facebook
A Spanish gossip site
Livejournal
MTF
Corporative website/email

10) If Roger and Mirka would ask you for an advice regarding having twins - what would you tell them?

Good luck :lol:
j/k, first and foremost, try as hard as you can to resist the "Twin Puss With Boots" look they tend to give in stereo when they aren't given what they want :lol:
Keep an schedule for both of them and teach them to be responsible since an early age, don't allow them to kidnap the neighbors' pets, if one is fussy try to calm them as soon as you can or the other one will start fussing as well...

Orka_n
11-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Happy Birthday! :hatoff:

Arkulari
11-24-2010, 02:17 AM
thanks to Doris, Tori, Amanda, mimi, Sue, Nathii, Lynn and Orka_n for your wishes :yeah:

I'm closer to 30 than to 20 now :unsure: :p

barbadosan
11-24-2010, 02:50 AM
Happy birthday wishes - great insights into a very likeable and intelligent person :)

Mimi
11-24-2010, 02:52 AM
thanks to Doris, Tori, Amanda, mimi, Sue, Nathii, Lynn and Orka_n for your wishes :yeah:

I'm closer to 30 than to 20 now :unsure: :p

you will always look young and beautiful :hug::smooch:

Aloimeh
11-24-2010, 02:58 AM
What is your view of the Borgias?

Arkulari
11-24-2010, 03:01 AM
What is your view of the Borgias?

ask me in another thread and I might answer ;)

mimi :lol: I wish I wish :p

thanks for your kind words Barbadosan

Clay Death
11-24-2010, 03:07 AM
happy birthday arkulari the warrior princess.

Arkulari
11-24-2010, 03:30 AM
thanks Destroyer :hatoff:

Clay Death
11-24-2010, 03:38 AM
you are welcome as always archer princess of colombia and spain.

Pirata.
11-24-2010, 04:55 AM
Happy Birthday! I got a notice on LJ the other day that it was your birthday soon :lol:

Arkulari
11-24-2010, 05:11 AM
:lol: thanks :yeah:

Seingeist
11-24-2010, 05:39 AM
Happy Birthday Ark! Many happy returns!

Arkulari
11-24-2010, 05:43 AM
Thanks Seingeist :yeah:

Pfloyd
11-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Felicidades (again)!