Welcome back Gilles ~ onwards and upwards to Dubai :) [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Welcome back Gilles ~ onwards and upwards to Dubai :)

Pages : 1 [2]

MsTree
02-23-2010, 06:30 PM
It's all part of his charm though Yavor :lol:

They lost the doubles.

Truc
02-23-2010, 06:36 PM
He hasn't listen to anybody yet, no reason to think he will listen to Davydenko ;):lol:
Actually, I don't think Davydenko is one who will lecture everybody around, he's quite a loner himself, so it must be really obvious for the other players if even Davydenko (who plays himself a lot of events) is telling him that. It would make me think if I were Gilles.

But it's too late anyway. Melbourne was a huge no no (imagine, if he still can't practice twice a day, how out of form he must have been when he decided to travel to Melbourne to play a Grand Slam event...), but this time I can see why he wanted to try and why beating the likes of Recoud and Rufin in the training center of Roland-Garros wasn't of much help.

rtgy
02-23-2010, 07:59 PM
It's all part of his charm though Yavor :lol:

:lol: agree....:p

They lost the doubles.

what a BIG SURPRISE :rolleyes:
:lol:

lalaland
02-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Iím surprised Kolya actually talked to other players :p. Thought he only has time to talk to his wife, or talk about her. But I like him anyway.

But srsly though, I agree with Fran, must be too painfully obvious that even Kolya canít help but to give Gilles advice.

However, on hindsight, I thought Adelaide was a good thing, just made him realize that skipping AO was necessary, erased all his doubts and maybes. Like he said, he needs to get his fingers burn to know not to put his hand in the fire. I mean, that exho he played rather leisurely and still canít handle the demand. If he didnít have that little experiment and instead went to AO thinking that maybe he could, that would have been a disaster. I can imagine him in first round, body hurting all over but refusing to retire and just forced his body to soldier on, would have done so much damage. He made peace with himself on skipping a slam after Adelaide. The body reacts so differently in match, also nervous energy consumes you, just not comparable to practice. Now he realized another injury will be too costly, I think he will be cautious to not do too much to hurt himself, well, I hope.

His stubbornness, definitely part of his charm :D.

lalaland
02-23-2010, 09:12 PM
I completely forgot he plays double today :p.

MsTree
02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
We need someone lucky to open his Indian Wells / Miami thread :lol:

Kezzi
02-23-2010, 09:36 PM
I think I never opened a thread here and people tell me I'm lucky all the time... Maybe I should test my supposed luck this way. :p

lalaland
02-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Kezzi, you should give it a go. Since most of us have proven to be unlucky already :p

I hope the tennis god has mercy, give him a good draw, although I can't really think of who could be considered a good draw for him :p. I hope Baggy goes deep into this tourney, he needs to be seeded in IW and Miami to save those unlucky out-of-form seeds from getting crashing out in first round ;).

Kezzi
02-23-2010, 10:06 PM
It's worth the try. :p But I'm not that good with titles as you guys. :)

lalaland
02-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Official transcript of his post-match interview, and Marcos'. But we already know everything he had said.

rawalya
02-24-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm watching the match now, thanks for the commentary everyone! Special :hug: to Rawa for the great emoticons and screencaps :D

:D :hug:

Davydenko is a very funny guy :rolls: i'm sure it was his joke :p

lalaland
02-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Davydenko is a very funny guy

I know! Kolya is hilarious. If the journalists had bothered to interview him more at the beginning of his career, he would have been as esteemed as Safin in the press room :).

Truc
03-04-2010, 07:32 PM
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2010/20100304_182552_les-bleus-font-bloc.html
It says that Gilles will be in Toulon for the DC tie, he arrived tonight.

MsTree
03-04-2010, 07:43 PM
And Sky are showing France v Germany :) Thanks Fran!