What's up with Bennetau? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What's up with Bennetau?

Yami Marick
09-05-2004, 06:20 AM
I'm disappointed that he's only ranked 82nd in the world. I think he has potential to be in the top 30 or so, because didn't Cliff Drysdale say something like "This guy has been blasting through the rankings really fast, and people can't help but wonder who is this kid?". Plus he is a frenchman, and tennis needs more frenchmen. Plus, he played well against Roddick, and still kept on playing even after his neck was broken. So do you think that Bennetau will rise up in the rankings and become better?

Marine
09-05-2004, 06:57 AM
You know, the french players always have problems, physicaly or mentally... talentuous but... :rolleyes:

jole
09-05-2004, 03:19 PM
What's the status of his injury? I remember the neck.

BaselineSmash
09-05-2004, 04:41 PM
I had no idea that Benneteau had broken his neck. How did it happen?

It might explain some of his confidence issues, although I've only seen him play once, and that was in Miami, where he choked spectacularly against Coria. The only other time I followed his results was at the French, where he disappontingly went down to Andreev without much of a fight. He should be ranked higher, and probably will be with time.

ae wowww
09-05-2004, 04:43 PM
GREAT To see Benneateau and Mahut bt. the Bryans last night... Nics a great guy.

jole
09-05-2004, 05:00 PM
I could be wrong, but I doubt he literally broke his neck. I think his neck problem was at least of a lesser degree.