the most excitement part of tennis season? HARD,CLAY,GRASS? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

the most excitement part of tennis season? HARD,CLAY,GRASS?

SuperSport
02-08-2010, 01:47 PM
well, taking the all circumstances, up and down players , in form or out, which part of the season will be the most sportive and competitive...? apart from Roger and with Nadal out of form, clay season could be very interesting and tight, grass season always ejects big servers in picture on the course to WIM... for me personally the best part of the season is the road to us open and American hard court tournaments, and of course US open at the end...after that indoors tournaments and Asia.... is there someone that can dominate certain part of the season like RAFA used to do on clay, would there be any new names that might upset? My predictions :

CLAY : Nadal, Del Potro , Federer , Davidenko
GRASS: Federer , Roddick , Del Potro , Murray
AMERICAN HARDCOURT: Federer, Murray , Djokovic , Del Potro
INDOORS : Federer , Djokovic , Murray , french guys ASIAN TOURNAMENTS : Federer , Davidenko , Djokovic , Murray

THOSE WHO MIGHT SURPRISE: Cilic , Tsonga, Monfils , Gonzales , Soderling and maybe some new kid that will break trough this year........

Your thoughts?:wavey:

Fiberlight1
02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
For me, the most exciting part of the season is the spring hardcourt (Indian Wells and Miami) leading into the clay season.

rocketassist
02-08-2010, 01:50 PM
The American events are always good because of time zone- evening/late night.

illepingis
02-08-2010, 01:55 PM
the grass season and the surface changes is fun becouse after miami all the players on clay plays more aggressive and the same after the grass season but i have to say the summer season also some players are getting tired then and thats fun with surprises

Dini
02-08-2010, 01:56 PM
The American events are always good because of time zone- evening/late night.

Agreed, I love watching tennis at that time of the day.

madmax
02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
for me it's definitely good ol grass and then american summer hardcourt season:bowdown:

abraxas21
02-08-2010, 02:05 PM
aside of RG 2009, the clay season has been way too predictable the past 4 years so it hasn't been that exciting of the ones who don't like Nadal. This year might be different but it's too early to say.

Grass has also been predictable with Federer winning Wimby for too long. Plus, the lawn season is so short that I don't even know if it's proper to call it a "season".

Indoors and the North American hardcourt season are great to see, imo.

btw: Indians Wells and Miami really need to dissappear, imo.

tennizen
02-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Grass and the summer hard court season.

Vida
02-08-2010, 03:05 PM
definitely clay.

LEGENDOFTENNIS
02-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Clay easily because the Grass season is too short and there aren't many good grass court players bar a handful so there aren't many suprises either and HC season is wayy too long, Miami and IW should be turned into Clay masters, remove Monte Carlo or Rome, change the date of RG to like 2 weeks sooner and add a Grass masters event. This would be soo much better for the ATP.

Arkulari
02-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I prefer clay :)

Luinir
02-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Clay season and US Open Series.

Goldenoldie
02-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Still grass

Tom Paulman
02-08-2010, 05:24 PM
I prefer indoor tournaments (also because that's where I'm the most successfull with my betting, hehe). The rallies are relatively fast, players are coming to the net a lot and it's overall the most exciting for me to watch. Also there are no rain delays, no sun that puts shadow on half of the court etc.

Andi-M
02-08-2010, 05:32 PM
American hardcourt season leading up to and including the US open is my favorite time of year. I do like a bit of Wimbledon though I have to say, its just great.

tennishero
02-08-2010, 05:33 PM
hardcourts, then grass then clay.

MatchFederer
02-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Definitely RG - Wimbledon. My least fave part of the season is after the US Open and before the WTF.

Mosquito3
02-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Grass....very short but really intense!
P.S. speed up the graaaaasssssssssssss!!!

Acer
02-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Obviously grass.
I'm not fond of the Indian Wells/Miami month AT ALL. They seem to drag forever.

Vida
02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
indian wells is very cool tournament. it is so posh.

r2473
02-08-2010, 07:58 PM
indian wells is very cool tournament. it is so posh.

Great tournament to watch in person as a fan. They just do such a great job with this one.