RafaChat Part 12 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RafaChat Part 12

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

elessar
06-14-2008, 10:01 PM
You said, "Roger said" I guess I should have said "paraphrasing" My apologies.
That was not paraphrasing at all :D
I said he didn't like it, even before Adelaïde started not that he had said "I didn't like it even before it started"
Blinded by your fangirlism again I see :D
I got it, Claire. I just didn't want to embarrass you or myself (because it would have been painful to type) by explaining :o But I see you have no shame.
None whatsoever :D

l_mac
06-14-2008, 10:05 PM
^^ :rolleyes:

I was just scrolling quickly down the tournament thread and I thought the "Meet single Arabs" ad banner was Metis' sig :haha: :haha:

I was puzzled for a second.

Metis
06-14-2008, 10:06 PM
:rolls: That was....random.

Linda is trying to balance things in here. Too much Djoko love tonight. :lol:

Don't worry Linda, I was joking, the fact that Nole cannot sing to save his life is enough to keep me away :hug:

stebs
06-14-2008, 10:06 PM
You're good at it :worship:

:p

http://plig.org/things/pictures/tn/leet_haxor_irc_keyboard.med.jpg

elessar
06-14-2008, 10:08 PM
:angel:

cmurray
06-14-2008, 10:10 PM

:lol: Stebs, you comedian.

l_mac
06-14-2008, 10:10 PM

Man, that would save a lot of time.

Lee
06-14-2008, 10:11 PM

Where can we order this keyboard? :dance:

Metis
06-14-2008, 10:14 PM
^^ :rolleyes:

I was just scrolling quickly down the tournament thread and I thought the "Meet single Arabs" ad banner was Metis' sig :haha: :haha:

I was puzzled for a second.

:spit: :rolls:

yes, I run a matchmaking agency as a hobby. We have a surplus of single Arabs :hearts: Anyone interested?

Metis
06-14-2008, 10:16 PM
I like the 666 key with the goat :devil:

l_mac
06-14-2008, 10:17 PM
CLAIRE :mad:

l_mac
06-14-2008, 10:19 PM
:confused: Did Claire do something? :tape:

She knows what she has done :sobbing:

So childish :o

cmurray
06-14-2008, 10:19 PM
CLAIRE :mad:

elessar
06-14-2008, 10:20 PM

I'm as confused as you are :confused:

cobalt60
06-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Never ceases to amaze me how many pages I have to read. And I wasn't even gone that long :o

elessar
06-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Just when you say that, thread killer :p

I knew I shouldn't have started arguing with Alo, next time I start please everyone feel free to smack me on the head :smash:

cobalt60
06-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Oh oh did you head to GM again? :hug:
BTW where is Linda? I wanted to ask her what she did for a living or profession or whatever you want to call it :lol:. :scratch:

l_mac
06-14-2008, 11:17 PM

I knew I shouldn't have started arguing with Alo, next time I start please everyone feel free to smack me on the head :smash:

Like most Noletrolls :D Alo shows a breathtaking lack of self awareness.

l_mac
06-14-2008, 11:18 PM
BTW where is Linda? I wanted to ask her what she did for a living or profession or whatever you want to call it :lol:. :scratch:

:( I don't like to discuss such things on the boards. I like to keep an air of mystery :D

Lee
06-14-2008, 11:19 PM

Like most Noletrolls :D Alo shows a breathtaking lack of self awareness.

And I thought you two are having fun stringing him/her along. :p

wildegirl05
alo is in an elite class. hopefully they broke the mold after Alo, Manon and Bascule were created.

wtf is nolephobia? if this is what Alo is learning in medical school then :help:

cobalt60
:( I don't like to discuss such things on the boards. I like to keep an air of mystery :D

You are an open book;) And if you are a lawyer I might :tape:

cmurray
06-14-2008, 11:22 PM

Xisca! is that you????!!!!????

elessar
06-14-2008, 11:23 PM
I know grave mistake :tape:
I'm afraid Alo is one of the poster that genuinely annoys me, his hypocrisy is too much and I always end up arguing with him and getting pissed off. I really should learn to stop :lol:
alo is in an elite class. hopefully they broke the mold after Alo, Manon and Bascule were created.

wtf is nolephobia? if this is what Alo is learning in medical school then :help:
:tape:

elessar
06-14-2008, 11:23 PM
How do I respond to that :tape: Linda any ideas ?
You're wrong, P.A. is a serb-hater since his friends are "banished from Kosovo by Serbs" as he said.

l_mac
06-14-2008, 11:25 PM
It gets boring after a while.

I can understand and have sympathy for someone like Doris getting upset about her favourite getting bashed, because she has no bad words for any player. But not Alo, or Faren or any of the other whining Noletrolls who are abusive and make personal attacks on fellow posters, not just the players.

Don't forget Branimir :inlove:

You are an open book;) And if you are a lawyer I might :tape:
Xisca! is that you????!!!!????

:lol:

wildegirl05
06-14-2008, 11:26 PM

how about "please do the world a favor and remember to take your meds!"

Metis
06-14-2008, 11:28 PM
you're all back here I see after having your fun in GM :D... and right when I was about to start working again :(

Never ceases to amaze me how many pages I have to read. And I wasn't even gone that long :o

Sue did you see my question? What type of music did you sing? And can we see that sample you posted in Adam's thread? :awww:

wildegirl05
06-14-2008, 11:31 PM
It gets boring after a while.

I can understand and have sympathy for someone like Doris getting upset about her favourite getting bashed, because she has no bad words for any player. But not Alo, or Faren or any of the other whining Noletrolls who are abusive and make personal attacks on fellow posters, not just the players.

Don't forget Branimir :inlove:

the whining by noletrolls is unparalleled. i always picture that tiny little violins follow them everywhere they go because that's the only way it is palatable. BARF.

brainimir has been very quiet lately :awww:

cmurray
06-14-2008, 11:33 PM
the whining by noletrolls is unparalleled. i always picture that tiny little violins follow them everywhere they go because that's the only way it is palatable. BARF.

brainimir has been very quiet lately :awww:

I miss Zeke. :sad: Now THAT was a Djokotard. :worship:

cmurray
Totally off topic - I went to see Wicked last week. If any of you get a chance, DEFINITELY go see. One of the best productions I've ever seen.

cobalt60

I did not learn that in medical school :( Actually I sort of worry about him/her becoming a full fledged doctor if you catch my drift. And I have been trying to give him/her the benefit of the doubt like I normally do :angel:
you're all back here I see after having your fun in GM :D... and right when I was about to start working again :(

Sue did you see my question? What type of music did you sing? And can we see that sample you posted in Adam's thread? :awww:

Sigh. I once had a rather nice voice if I can toot my own horn here :silly: I sang Broadway/Torch stuff typically when I was in high school and college. Adam had a karaoke contest and using hubby's computer and a program he downloaded I sang a Madelaine Peroux song " Don't Wait to Long". It was ok I guess but I should have gotten drunk beforehand :lol: It might have sounded better :p Unfortunately hubs did not keep it on his computer and when I got my new one eldest did not download everything I had. So it is wiped and gone now. Maybe one day if Adam does the contest again I might sing. Or not :p However I can tell you for a fact that I can not sing opera :tape:
Did you ever watch the show Bathroom Divas?

cobalt60
06-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Totally off topic - I went to see Wicked last week. If any of you get a chance, DEFINITELY go see. One of the best productions I've ever seen.

Heading to see JC Superstar next Thursday evening. It has been a long time since I even listened to the music but we have been brushing up on it in hubby's car. Kids seem to like it but I can't tell for sure.

l_mac
06-14-2008, 11:36 PM

No need for you to defend JM. He deliberately trolls like that to get their backs up and it clearly works :shrug: He'll be thrilled to have made such an impression on them.

wildegirl05
06-14-2008, 11:37 PM
I miss Zeke. :sad: Now THAT was a Djokotard. :worship:

zeke has a lot of fangirls :D

someone was just raving about wicked and avenue q to me the other day. i definitely want to see them but i keep putting it off.

GonzoFed
06-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Hi everybody :wavey:

cobalt60
06-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Hey how are you? Long time no see around? :)

wildegirl05
06-14-2008, 11:38 PM
I did not learn that in medical school :( Actually I sort of worry about him/her becoming a full fledged doctor if you catch my drift. And I have been trying to give him/her the benefit of the doubt like I normally do :angel:

Sigh. I once had a rather nice voice if I can toot my own horn here :silly: I sang Broadway/Torch stuff typically when I was in high school and college. Adam had a karaoke contest and using hubby's computer and a program he downloaded I sang a Madelaine Peroux song " Don't Wait to Long". It was ok I guess but I should have gotten drunk beforehand :lol: It might have sounded better :p Unfortunately hubs did not keep it on his computer and when I got my new one eldest did not download everything I had. So it is wiped and gone now. Maybe one day if Adam does the contest again I might sing. Or not :p However I can tell you for a fact that I can not sing opera :tape:

i would not want to be Alo's patient. the next time i go to the doctor i'm going to casually lead with "twat of a nolephobe" and see if there's any reaction before i sit down in the chair. it's the only way to be sure :sad:

also WOW. i'm impressed. i cannot carry a note at all so :worship:

GonzoFed
06-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Hey how are you? Long time no see around? :)

I'm fine Sue thanks. I didn't have the time to post here since there was a lot of work to do. Besides i have forgotten about tennis since last Sunday for the obvious reasons :tape::o:p

cobalt60
06-14-2008, 11:43 PM
i would not want to be Alo's patient. the next time i go to the doctor i'm going to casually lead with "twat of a nolephobe" and see if there's any reaction before i sit down in the chair. it's the only way to be sure :sad:

also WOW. i'm impressed. i cannot carry a note at all so :worship:
Don't be. I make a better doctor :haha:
I'm fine Sue thanks. I didn't have the time to post here since there was a lot of work to do. Besides i have forgotten about tennis since last Sunday for the obvious reasons :tape::o:p

:awww: Actually I am rather liking the grass season to date.

cmurray
06-14-2008, 11:47 PM

:haha::haha:

good plan. Though I imagine if you randomly say the phrase "twat of a nolephobe", you'll get a reaction from your Dr. whether it's Alo or not. :lol:

cobalt60
06-14-2008, 11:49 PM
I never heard that slang "twat" = vulva? Must be a new term leaned in school long after I had left. I always equate it with idiot. :scratch:

wildegirl05
06-14-2008, 11:50 PM
:haha::haha:

good plan. Though I imagine if you randomly say the phrase "twat of a nolephobe", you'll get a reaction from your Dr. whether it's Alo or not. :lol:

:devil: if he/she "reflexively" starts spouting nonsense of the sort i can now spot, i'll just :bolt:, otherwise i'll revert to my it's a standard greeting where i'm from line :angel:

elessar
Hey Aloimeh :D
Don't take what we say the wrong way, you know we love you :D

(even though you lurk too much)

GonzoFed
:awww: Actually I am rather liking the grass season to date.

Yes, Wimbledon should be interesting. Would Fed be able to bounce back and win it again? or Nadal would finally breakthrough there? or King Nole will start his inevitable march to GOATNESS? A lot of questions to be answered in three weeks.

l_mac
06-14-2008, 11:51 PM
I think Murray will win Wimbledon :rocker2:

Aloimeh
06-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Hey Aloimeh :D
Don't take what we say the wrong way, you know we love you :D

(even though you lurk too much)

I know, Claire, on both counts.

cobalt60
06-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Yes, Wimbledon should be interesting. Would Fed be able to bounce back and win it again? or Nadal would finally breakthrough there? or King Nole will start his inevitable march to GOATNESS? A lot of questions to be answered in three weeks.

I am actually impressed with nadal's grass form this year and actually looking forward if it is a Fed vs Nadal final. But don't tell anyone;)

cobalt60

Where are you in medical school btw?

cmurray

:rolls:

Good on ya for posting, Alo. :hug:

cobalt60

Care to place a bet? :aplot:

elessar
06-14-2008, 11:54 PM
At least you have a sense of humour (about some things :p)

GonzoFed

In 2010 or 2011 he would have a chance.

wildegirl05
I am actually impressed with nadal's grass form this year and actually looking forward if it is a Fed vs Nadal final. But don't tell anyone;)

:banana: -crosses fingers tightly-

l_mac
Bascule still so bitter at me :lol:

Bad repped by Escude too.

:sobbing:

cobalt60

:eek: What did you do? :p

cmurray
I never heard that slang "twat" = vulva? Must be a new term leaned in school long after I had left. I always equate it with idiot. :scratch:

yes. twat is the term for female genitalia. :tape:

Aloimeh
06-14-2008, 11:55 PM

Good on ya for posting, Alo. :hug:

Hey cmurray, I do like to lurk, I must admit. Turning off that little yellow light would make lurking so much easier, but I feel there's something a bit dishonest about it.

l_mac
Oh Sue :hug: It will still be a crap match.

Anyway, no chance for TRafa to make the final :awww:
Care to place a bet? :aplot:

Hmm.

Not really :lol:

GonzoFed
We have a Djokotard here. Welcome :hatoff:

cobalt60
06-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Hey cmurray, I do like to lurk, I must admit. Turning off that little yellow light would make lurking so much easier, but I feel there's something a bit dishonest about it.

It is stuff like this that makes me give you the benefit;) Of course I am blue:p

elessar
06-14-2008, 11:57 PM

:hug:
mine was still the best though, wasn't it ?
Nothing wrong with that, I do it all the time too :worship:

cmurray

:lol: Well, it IS an interesting thread.... ;)

cobalt60
Oh Sue :hug: It will still be a crap match.

Anyway, no chance for TRafa to make the final :awww:

Hmm.

Not really :lol:

No it won't. Fess up. You want this match too;)

Aloimeh
06-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Where are you in medical school btw?

That I most definitely am not revealing. I'm interested in academic medicine, doing mostly basic research and some clinical. Are you in clinical medicine, research, or what?

cmurray

What'd you do to piss Mikey off?

elessar

No she doesn't care about who Rafa beats in the final, she just wants him there with the biggest gimp possible in front of the net.

I doubt Novak will be in the final though :D

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:00 AM
:eek: What did you do? :p
Nothing. He just doesn't like me.
We have a Djokotard here. Welcome :hatoff:
We have hundreds.
mine was still the best though, wasn't it ?

Oh, yes.

And I will be making lots of snide comments about Roger in the next few days because you have lost your red dotting ability.

It was a wasteful rep. :p

wildegirl05
06-15-2008, 12:00 AM

if mikey is able to badrep, it must mean his computer is working again :dance: yayes! ;)

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:01 AM

Let me say I do not.

If Rafa gets to the final I want Bogdanovic or Nieminen as his opponent. :D

elessar
06-15-2008, 12:02 AM
And I will be making lots of snide comments about Roger in the next few days because you have lost your red dotting ability.

It was a wasteful rep. :p
I will comfort myself by thinking you have to look at it everytime you go to your UCP :D

I made sure it was big enough so you couldn't miss it:worship:

Lee

For me, there was time I came to MTF, only wanted to read but not posting or engaged in chatting. Thus, preferred to turn the yellow light off. And am too lazy to turn it on/off.

l_mac
No she doesn't care about who Rafa beats in the final, she just wants him there with the biggest gimp possible in front of the net.

You know me too well :haha: :haha:

cobalt60
That I most definitely am not revealing. I'm interested in academic medicine, doing mostly basic research and some clinical. Are you in clinical medicine, research, or what?

I am a clinician in Radiation Oncology in a hospital. Although the department is small ( we treat anywhere from 50-60 patients per day) we are connected to a few national groups that perform protocols/studies.

cmurray

I wouldn't mind Rafa literally taking the Wimbledon title from Federer. :shrug: I'm a bit of a sadist that way.

cobalt60
06-15-2008, 12:04 AM

Let me say I do not.

If Rafa gets to the final I want Bogdanovic or Nieminen as his opponent. :D

wildegirl05
I wouldn't mind Rafa literally taking the Wimbledon title from Federer. :shrug: I'm a bit of a sadist that way.

:lol: that makes me think of rafa just reaching out and grabbing it during the ceremony :D

elessar
For me, there was time I came to MTF, only wanted to read but not posting or engaged in chatting. Thus, preferred to turn the yellow light off. And am too lazy to turn it on/off.
I didn't even know you could do that :lol:
You know me too well :haha: :haha:
Just saw your post :rolls:
:worship: me

Lee
06-15-2008, 12:06 AM

learn from the master ;) :lol:

Aloimeh
06-15-2008, 12:06 AM
I am a clinician in Radiation Oncology in a hospital. Although the department is small ( we treat anywhere from 50-60 patients per day) we are connected to a few national groups that perform protocols/studies.

How do you find the time to post here? I waste way too much time when I should be doing other things, like studying for my shelf exam in two weeks.

I'm actually interested in medical oncology, ID, rheum...basically anything that can be integrated with immunology, which is my passion research-wise.

Aloimeh
06-15-2008, 12:07 AM

Is it true you made most of your cash by betting on the evil one?

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:09 AM
Aloimeh, is that Damien from The Omen in your avatar? :confused:

cmurray
06-15-2008, 12:09 AM

Impressive, Claire. :hug:

cobalt60
06-15-2008, 12:10 AM
How do you find the time to post here? I waste way too much time when I should be doing other things, like studying for my shelf exam in two weeks.

I'm actually interested in medical oncology, ID, rheum...basically anything that can be integrated with immunology, which is my passion research-wise.

I am one of the most organized folks I know :p It isn't hard actually considering I have been a RadOnc doc for 24 years :tape:

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:11 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

No, it's your chew toy. :o

;)

Aloimeh
Aloimeh, is that Damien from The Omen in your avatar? :confused:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

No, it's your chew toy. :o

Metis
Man, this thread is moving fast tonight :eek:

Opera is not the only type of music I like, on the contrary there are lots of different genres that interest me. It's just that I love it since I was a kid. :inlove: I don't even listen to it all that often these days except for the occasional live performance.

Pity your singing sample is gone. I know that song, I actually have Peyroux's CD 'Careless love'. I like her Billie Holiday voice. :D

Bathroom Divas? No I've never heard of that. Must be funny.

elessar
06-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Is it true you made most of your cash by betting on the evil one?

Partly yes :lol:
Here are my last 10 or so bets :
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/bets.png

Aloimeh
06-15-2008, 12:14 AM
I am one of the most organized folks I know :p It isn't hard actually considering I have been a RadOnc doc for 24 years :tape:

Wow! You never know who you'll meet on these forums. I PMed a few days ago on WTAhell with a linguistics professor at UC Berkeley who knows like 20 different languages including ancient Greek, Sumerian, and Polish.

GonzoFed
06-15-2008, 12:14 AM
What do you think about the video and letter of this song?:)

yV3vXpP1UnE

elessar
06-15-2008, 12:15 AM
I can very well understand that, if a little fairy came and ask me who I'd want Roger to beat to win RG I'd say Rafa for sure ;)
learn from the master ;) :lol:
I shall :worship:
Impressive, Claire. :hug:

:sport:

cobalt60
06-15-2008, 12:15 AM
Man, this thread is moving fast tonight :eek:

Opera is not the only type of music I like, on the contrary there are lots of different genres that interest me. It's just that I love it since I was a kid. :inlove: I don't even listen to it all that often these days except for the occasional live performance.

Pity your singing sample is gone. I know that song, I actually have Peyroux's CD 'Careless love'. I like her Billie Holiday voice. :D

Bathroom Divas? No I've never heard of this. Must be funny.

I have the first 2 Peyrouxs but did not get the third. I was not all that thrilled with her selection of songs for that one. I happened to catch a marathon of the Divas when I was flipping through one night last week. They took 6 folks who wanted to sing opera ( the winner was able to sing with the Toronto Symphony) and gave them all a 3 week boot camp with pros. It was fascinating and nothing like the typical reality crap on tv.

cmurray
06-15-2008, 12:17 AM
Wow! You never know who you'll meet on these forums. I PMed a few days ago on WTAhell with a linguistics professor at UC Berkeley who knows like 20 different languages including ancient Greek, Sumerian, and Polish.

TWENTY languages? Good Lord.

Ancient Greek, Sumerian and...Polish? Why is Polish so strange? :lol: My Grandma spoke Polish. :D

cobalt60
06-15-2008, 12:17 AM
What do you think about the video and letter of this song?:)

yV3vXpP1UnE

a take off on Sesame Street. Manamana...........do do do do do.

cobalt60
06-15-2008, 12:20 AM

:cool: But in my defense :lol: I have been a tennis fan for longer than that;)
I believe I am here on MTF because of a midlife crisis which none of you thankfully have had to deal with. And MTF is certainly less harmful than running away with a younger man or even driving a sports car :p

elessar
06-15-2008, 12:20 AM
TF is back :lol:

And I am leaving :wavey:

Bye Lee :wavey:

Lee
06-15-2008, 12:21 AM
TF is back :lol:

And I am leaving :wavey:

cobalt60
Who is TF? And bye Lee :hug:

Aloimeh
TWENTY languages? Good Lord.

Ancient Greek, Sumerian and...Polish? Why is Polish so strange? :lol: My Grandma spoke Polish. :D

It isn't strange, it's just not one of the "big" languages (e.g. French, Russian, Chinese, German, etc.) that are usually learned - unless you're ethnically Polish, live in Poland, or are a specialist of Slavic linguistics. This lady knows a ton - Chinese, Russian, Polish, Czech, German, Welsh, Scots Gaelic, Latin, French, Spanish, etc. I guess UC Berkeley has high standards but I didn't expect their professors to be that well versed in language. I guess some people are just blessed with a talent for language. :shrug:

cmurray
06-15-2008, 12:22 AM
I can very well understand that, if a little fairy came and ask me who I'd want Roger to beat to win RG I'd say Rafa for sure ;)

Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't turn my nose up if he beat...say....Verkerk for the title either. But the evil Cheryl inside of me is whispering "But wouldn't it be better if he got Roger after the past two years???" :devil:

wildegirl05
06-15-2008, 12:22 AM
claire and linda mind-melding is like a warped fedal phenomenon or something. i'm not sure if :scared: :unsure: or :inlove: is the appropriate response from me :lol:

ok, i'm off to grab sushi in the pouring rain. that's right, i like to live dangerously :worship: g'nite all :wavey:

Aloimeh
06-15-2008, 12:24 AM
l_mac, just to clarify, my avatar is a photo of the evil one in larval form.

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:25 AM

Aloimeh, I know that. I was just teasing.

Metis
06-15-2008, 12:26 AM
I have the first 2 Peyrouxs but did not get the third. I was not all that thrilled with her selection of songs for that one. I happened to catch a marathon of the Divas when I was flipping through one night last week. They took 6 folks who wanted to sing opera ( the winner was able to sing with the Toronto Symphony) and gave them all a 3 week boot camp with pros. It was fascinating and nothing like the typical reality crap on tv.

I saw something similar on PBS a few years ago, they called it something else though. It took place in the UK and they had auditions throughout the country.They picked several people and trained them. In the end they had 2 winners (women) instead of 1 (one of them was blind) and they shared the role of Gilda in Rigoletto (very demanding role) in a fully staged performance (I'm not sure in which threatre). It was a longer term project though I think it took 6 months and in the end they really sounded like pros and the blind woman was :eek:. It was great stuff.

cobalt60
Ok this board and it's schizoid posting is too bizarre.

cmurray

his hair looked better then jk. He was cute.

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:27 AM
I saw something similar on PBS a few years ago, they called it something else though. It took place in the UK and they had auditions throughout the country.They picked several people and trained them. In the end they had 2 winners (women) instead of 1 (one of them was blind) and they shared the role of Gilda in Rigoletto (very demanding role) in a fully staged performance (I'm not sure in which threatre). It was a longer term project though I think it took 6 months and in the end they really sounded like pros and the blind woman was :eek:. It was great stuff.

Yes, Operatunity (or something) it was called. It was great.

They also did one for musical theatre called Musicality, and the final 5 were so good they all got roles.

The women picked for Roxie and Mama Morton did really well out of it.

elessar
06-15-2008, 12:27 AM
It isn't strange, it's just not one of the "big" languages (e.g. French, Russian, Chinese, German, etc.) that are usually learned - unless you're ethnically Polish, live in Poland, or are a specialist of Slavic linguistics. This lady knows a ton - Chinese, Russian, Polish, Czech, German, Welsh, Scots Gaelic, Latin, French, Spanish, etc. I guess UC Berkeley has high standards but I didn't expect their professors to be that well versed in language. I guess some people are just blessed with a talent for language. :shrug:
I had a philosophy teacher like that this year, spoke french, latin and ancient and modern greek of course English, Italian, Portuguese, German too because he had lived there a while, Russian, Arab etc. Every day he felt compelled to translate important words in all those languages to show us a "different perspective/aspect of it", highly annoying but he was a great teacher anyway :lol:
claire and linda mind-melding is like a warped fedal phenomenon or something. i'm not sure if :scared: :unsure: or :inlove: is the appropriate response from me :lol:

ok, i'm off to grab sushi in the pouring rain. that's right, i like to live dangerously :worship: g'nite all :wavey:

Bon Appétit ;)

cmurray
06-15-2008, 12:29 AM

Enjoy. :D

cobalt60
06-15-2008, 12:32 AM

That sounds fantastic. I will search for it.

Aloimeh
06-15-2008, 12:35 AM
I had a philosophy teacher like that this year, spoke french, latin and ancient and modern greek of course English, Italian, Portuguese, German too because he had lived there a while, Russian, Arab etc. Every day he felt compelled to translate important words in all those languages to show us a "different perspective/aspect of it", highly annoying but he was a great teacher anyway :lol:

Bon Appétit ;)

I love that aspect of language in particular. Like how the only two European languages that have a non-Latin-derived word for wine are Greek and Hungarian. Or how Hungarian has two different words for "red" and one conveys emotionality whereas the other is more "superficial." Or how the Slavic name for Germans translates as "Mute Ones." The Georgian name for the Greeks is berdzeni, which translates as "Wise." I don't know what that category of study would be, but the intersection of language, logic and the thinking process, etymology, and human history, is a fascinating one.

Metis
06-15-2008, 12:35 AM
I believe I am here on MTF because of a midlife crisis which none of you thankfully have had to deal with. And MTF is certainly less harmful than running away with a younger man or even driving a sports car :p

:rolls: ...but running away with a younger man in a sports car sounds so much better :devil::D

Yes, Operatunity (or something) it was called. It was great.

They also did one for musical theatre called Musicality, and the final 5 were so good they all got roles.

The women picked for Roxie and Mama Morton did really well out of it.

Yes that's the one!

The musical theatre one sounds fun too, I'm guessing they had to be good at both singing and dancing.

cobalt60
06-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Enjoy your sushi Wildegirl and thanks for the title of the show. And the Musicality one sounds great too. I have been spending way to much time on MTF it seems :lol:

cobalt60
06-15-2008, 12:39 AM
:rolls: ...but running away with a younger man in a sports car sounds so much better :devil::D

Yes that's the one!

The musical theatre one sounds fun too, I'm guessing they had to be good at both singing and dancing.

MTF is cheaper too :p

Metis
06-15-2008, 12:45 AM
I love that aspect of language in particular. Like how the only two European languages that have a non-Latin-derived word for wine are Greek and Hungarian. Or how Hungarian has two different words for "red" and one conveys emotionality whereas the other is more "superficial." Or how the Slavic name for Germans translates as "Mute Ones." The Georgian name for the Greeks is berdzeni, which translates as "Wise." I don't know what that category of study would be, but the intersection of language, logic and the thinking process, etymology, and human history, is a fascinating one.

That's definitely a very interesting subject to study. I love learning new languages (though I don't have time for that any more) and I always found satisfying to discover in a new word the connections between the languages I knew. Fascinating to pursue but unfortunately not exactly something that would reward you financially as a primary occupation.

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:50 AM
I'm tired, and I need my rest so I can be in full defensive excuse making mode tomorrow :armed:

Night all :wavey:

cobalt60
06-15-2008, 12:52 AM
night Linda :wavey: Me too. Need to actually do some reading ;)

Metis
06-15-2008, 12:53 AM
MTF is cheaper too :p

I cannot argue with that. :lol:

Night Linda :wavey:

time for me to finish reading that paper... :sigh:

elessar
06-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Night Linda :hug:

That's exactly what he was fascinated about as well, one of the best teacher I've ever had. I hated it at first because The first 8 hours of class we had, he only talked about etymology but I found it more interesting as times went by :tape:

Our main subject was the Action that year and it's incredible to see how a single word can contain the mentality of an entire nation. For example, Action comes from the greek word energeia which means something like "at work" and was mistakenly translated into actum by Saint Thomas Aquinas. The thing is, that when Aristotle talked about energeia, he saw it rather as the potential for something and not merely as acts, something/someone was in energeia when they "fulfilled their essence" so to speak. The Romans, unlike the greeks who were at hearts thinkers and philosophers, were a people of conquest and action so they couldn't understand that state of mind and translated "at work" by "in action"

(God talking about philosophy in a foreign language is hard :o)

Aloimeh
06-15-2008, 01:14 AM

That's exactly what he was fascinated about as well, one of the best teacher I've ever had. I hated it at first because The first 8 hours of class we had, he only talked about etymology but I found it more interesting as times went by :tape:

Our main subject was the Action that year and it's incredible to see how a single word can contain the mentality of an entire nation. For example, Action comes from the greek word energeia which means something like "at work" and was mistakenly translated into actum by Saint Thomas Aquinas. The thing is, that when Aristotle talked about energeia, he saw it rather as the potential for something and not merely as acts, something/someone was in energeia when they "fulfilled their essence" so to speak. The Romans, unlike the greeks who were at hearts thinkers and philosophers, were a people of conquest and action so they couldn't understand that state of mind and translated "at work" by "in action"

Well, it's been said that philosophy is latent in the Greek and German languages, which may be just hindsight, but it's interesting how the different "big" nations of philosophy focused on different themes. The English were the logicians, the French were social philosophers, the Russians never really wrote philosophy per se but more like philosophical/moral literature (Dostoevsky, Tolstoy and others), yet it's really only the Greeks and Germans who addressed philosophy in a "linguistic" manner, and it's no accident that both languages are highly synthetic, much more so than English, French, or Russian, for example.

If you don't mind my asking, Claire, are you a philosophy student at university?

Aloimeh
06-15-2008, 01:18 AM

Speaking of "national" modes of thought, it may interest you to read the first three gospels of the Bible. Each is written in a different national tone: the book of Matthew is written primarily for the Jews and it has a particular Jewish tone, the book of Mark was written for the Romans and has a practical Roman sort of color, and the book of Luke was written for the Greeks and is written in the grammatically correct Greek (the other two have many errors of language) and is the most cerebral of the three gospels.

star
06-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Did you guys see this? It's kind of funny -- just because so improbable.

http://smithismyrealname.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/06/rafael-nadal-ba.html

elessar
06-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Well, it's been said that philosophy is latent in the Greek and German languages, which may be just hindsight, but it's interesting how the different "big" nations of philosophy focused on different themes. The English were the logicians, the French were social philosophers, the Russians never really wrote philosophy per se but more like philosophical/moral literature (Dostoevsky, Tolstoy and others), yet it's really only the Greeks and Germans who addressed philosophy in a "linguistic" manner, and it's no accident that both languages are highly synthetic, much more so than English, French, or Russian, for example.
Well it's probably no surprise that those 2 countries are the ones who produced the greatest philosophers.
I don't know any Russian but I do speak french and English and can understand German reasonably well. And it's true that a lot of time, philosophy concepts could be explained with a single word in German like dasein.

I don't know if I'd call Tolstoy a philosopher but Doestoevsky can certainly be called one. He wrote novels yes, but like Sartre (although the russian was much more brillant) they always contained a philosophical interest. I'm a little biased though because reading Doestoevsky has really "blown my mind" :spit:
If you don't mind my asking, Claire, are you a philosophy student at university?
I don't ;)
I'm not a philosophy student at all actually I'll be in a business school next year, but I had philosphy classes for the past 4 years, 3 to 4 hours a week. The french system is a little complicated, here's a link that could explain better ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandes_%C3%A9coles

elessar
06-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Speaking of "national" modes of thought, it may interest you to read the first three gospels of the Bible. Each is written in a different national tone: the book of Matthew is written primarily for the Jews and it has a particular Jewish tone, the book of Mark was written for the Romans and has a practical Roman sort of color, and the book of Luke was written for the Greeks and is written in the grammatically correct Greek (the other two have many errors of language) and is the most cerebral of the three gospels.
I haven't read them, only verses, but I've heard about that thanks ;)
Did you guys see this? It's kind of funny -- just because so improbable.

http://smithismyrealname.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/06/rafael-nadal-ba.html

:rolls: quite a relief from our intellectual discussion

elessar
06-15-2008, 01:59 AM
I'm going to bed now, it's 4AM in Paris :tape: it was nice talking to you Alo (much nicer than in GM :p)

Night :wavey:

Aloimeh
06-15-2008, 02:07 AM
I'm going to bed now, it's 4AM in Paris :tape: it was nice talking to you Alo (much nicer than in GM :p)

Night :wavey:

Night Claire. I'm surprised you stayed up this long. It's only 10 here. Sweet dreams. :zzz:

TMJordan
06-15-2008, 02:07 AM
:couple:

star
06-15-2008, 02:37 AM
I haven't read them, only verses, but I've heard about that thanks ;)

:rolls: quite a relief from our intellectual discussion

Sorry! I just picked a thread at random without checking the discussion. :o

Getta
06-15-2008, 02:58 AM
Sorry! I just picked a thread at random without checking the discussion. :o

That discussion was the final shot into my head.

No, it wasn't Claire's fault.

Anyway, that was a useful experience for me and it helped me to make my decision... :rolls:

savesthedizzle
06-15-2008, 03:07 AM
:wavey:

dorkino
06-15-2008, 09:34 AM
:wavey: How're things going everyone??

:scared:. I changed my opinion. May not be that scared. It'll just be annoying trying to accept the result. Especially with all the post match talking that 'll emerge about the "you know who" 'll be gaining every match after wards. :shrug: :lol:.

BTW, 'LL Adam be there at the final?? Perhaps he can do something out there to help change the result and prove his endless love for Nadal. :devil:

I'm tired, and I need my rest so I can be in full defensive excuse making mode tomorrow :armed:

Night all :wavey:

:lol:Linda, Have you made the excuses list already??. Djokovic have a powerful serve and strokes on both wings that can end up things for him as fast as he wishes. I'm afraid it won't be easy to find lots of excuses for Rafael. :shrug:

:hug: Get over it soon doc. I know it can be irritating though i am not in the midlife stage. Or at least i guess so :cuckoo:.

Metis do u mind me asking do you work in linguistics field or are you just interested in learning languages as a hobby?

I also agree with those who believe that learning languages is a kind of a talent. I've always been interested in learning new languages but unfortunately i don't have much time/money for this right now.

adee-gee
06-15-2008, 10:13 AM
BTW, 'LL Adam be there at the final?? Perhaps he can do something out there to help change the result and prove his endless love for Nadal. :devil:
:lol: unfortunately not :sad:

I won't even get to watch it, I've got a football tournament today :(

Action Jackson
06-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Adam, you playing the pub league FA Cup or something today?

adee-gee
06-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Nah it's a 5-a-side tourney, I'm playing for my bro's team. We've actually got a very good group, but it's too attack-minded, I'm gonna have to sit back in defence I think.

I'll trust you to cheer on Rafito to victory for me ;)

Action Jackson
06-15-2008, 10:36 AM
5 a side, that stuff is brutal, yet fun. Use the ball well, hehe and yes stay back and cut the attacks out.

Glenn is cheering for Nadal, he will do my share of cheering.

adee-gee
06-15-2008, 10:41 AM
5-a-side is a killer, I'm not really fit enough for it :o my main quality is my passing, so I much prefer 11-a-side.....but as you say, keeping possession the key.

Glenn cheering for Nadal again, hilarious stuff. Never thought I'd see the day :lol:

Anyway, I'm outta here, catch you later :hatoff:

rocketassist
06-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Vamos Nadal.

acionescu
06-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi thread! :wavey:

The Skull :scared: :unsure:

Of course ES is gonna show the final taped at 20.15 CET! :retard:'s The tennis coverage on Es this year was beyond pathetic! Any livestream?

acionescu
06-15-2008, 11:57 AM
George, do you have a livestream for the Warsaw final? Thanks!

cmurray
06-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Glenn is cheering for Nadal, he will do my share of cheering.

wow.....:speakles:

He must really hate Djokovic. :lol:

dorkino
06-15-2008, 12:13 PM
:lol: unfortunately not :sad:

I won't even get to watch it, I've got a football tournament today :(

:shrug: Too bad. Well, Good luck there.

Hi thread! :wavey:

The Skull :scared: :unsure:

Of course ES is gonna show the final taped at 20.15 CET! :retard:'s The tennis coverage on Es this year was beyond pathetic! Any livestream?

Andrea, :wavey: How's ur baby?.
Yep. :scared: :shrug: :o

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi everyone :sad:

dorkino - I don't think Rafa will try too hard in this match :shrug: He's had a couple of tough 3 setters this week and is surely exhausted both mentally and physically :shrug: Even if when he loses, this has been a great tournament for him.

Is the Halle final played at the same time?

acionescu
06-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Linda :wavey: Yes, the Halle final is also at 15.00 CET.

EDIT: I agree with you that it was a great tournement for him, but losing to Nole in the final....? :tears: I'm torn, I wish he would not drain himself even more but in the mean time I wish him to win this match badly and only because it's against The Skull! :shrug:

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Linda :wavey: Yes, the Halle final is also at 15.00 CET.

:(

dorkino
06-15-2008, 12:22 PM

dorkino - I don't think Rafa will try too hard in this match :shrug: He's had a couple of tough 3 setters this week and is surely exhausted both mentally and physically :shrug: Even if when he loses, this has been a great tournament for him.

Halle final is not scheduled before 3 pm local time. This'd make it the same time as Queen's in my part of the world as well. :D

As for Rafa-Novak. guess the beginning 'll determine a lot. If Djokovic shows he's on fire. Got into the match rapidly and aggressively. Then yes..Rafa won't give it too much trial. This is what i think 'll happen.

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:24 PM
EDIT: I agree with you that it was a great tournement for him, but losing to Nole in the final....? :tears: I'm torn, I wish he would not drain himself even more but in the mean time I wish him to win this match badly and only because it's against The Skull! :shrug:

I am preparing my GM attitude for when Rafa loses :shrug:

I might do that nauseating Djokotard routine of "He may have lost the match but I am so proud of him. SO proud to be his fan :hearts:"

Bibberz
06-15-2008, 12:25 PM

Nadal may well lose, but it won't be from lack of trying.

acionescu
06-15-2008, 12:26 PM
:(

You wanted to see some ballet tennis :drool:, too?

l_mac

Again, I am practising for GM later.

wildegirl05
good morning! :wavey:

andreaa i mixed rum and water ice last night. it was :yeah: but i missed you and betty! :hug:

i am torn. i don't really care if rafa wins 'cos i want him to rest up but i definitely cannot stand him losing to assnole. :(

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:27 PM

Of course. I have persuaded by all the Fedtards who claim that Halle is the superior tournament because JesusFedBalletServe plays there.

:drool: :hearts: shotmaking.

acionescu
06-15-2008, 12:29 PM

I might do that nauseating Djokotard routine of "He may have lost the match but I am so proud of him. SO proud to be his fan :hearts:"

What about the Federer-esque "he doesn't care about MM tournements, he only goes for tha Slams!" :worship:

wildegirl05
if we're building up GM worthy excuses, can we say since tio toni is not with him rafa couldn't have a strategy for playing a :worship: player like nole?

dorkino

:D. Against Kohlschreiber, i assume there'll be lots of ballet to watch.

Traitor. :o:p

Again, I am practising for GM later.
Good fighter u're. :hug: :armed:

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:30 PM
What about the Federer-esque "he doesn't care about MM tournements, he only goes for tha Slams!" :worship:

if we're building up GM worthy excuses, can we say since tio toni is not with him rafa couldn't have a strategy for playing a :worship: player like nole?

See?

So many options :dance:

I see Aloimeh is lurking again. :p

wildegirl05
06-15-2008, 12:31 PM

i might claim how watching rafa fight against all odds is just inspiring to me as a spanish person. which i am during the duration of the euro :rocker:

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Rafa might be too mentally stressed and tired after watching Spain scrape a last minute winner last night to fully concentrate today. :D

dorkino
06-15-2008, 12:34 PM

This 'd only make it worse :lol: Hello Wildie :wavey:

I might do that nauseating Djokotard routine of "He may have lost the match but I am so proud of him. SO proud to be his fan "
Linda plzzzz don't make it. The i'm proud of etc, etc,..

acionescu
06-15-2008, 12:35 PM
good morning! :wavey:

andreaa i mixed rum and water ice last night. it was :yeah: but i missed you and betty! :hug:

Hi Wilde! Actually I had a date last night with a walking Red Johny and it wasn't pretty! I even fell asleep in front of the PC! :o

You should know by now that no strategy works against Nole :worship: He only loses because of sore throat/breathing problems/exhaustion from previous matches! :shrug:

T2KN
06-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Why are you guys so certain he's gonna lose? I mean, I'm nervous too, especially because it's Nole but Rafa isn't exactly a fluke, you know? LOL.

dorkino
06-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Rafa might be too mentally stressed and tired after watching Spain scrape a last minute winner last night to fully concentrate today. :D

This sounds like a perfect one, no? :p

elessar
Why are you guys so certain he's gonna lose? I mean, I'm nervous too, especially because it's Nole but Rafa isn't exactly a fluke, you know? LOL.

Linda's always sure he's gonna lose, don't mind her LOL.

GO Rafa :bigclap:

wildegirl05

perfect! let's blame it on torres,villa and cesc :lol:

edit: and his good buddy, iker :inlove:

wildegirl05
06-15-2008, 12:38 PM
This 'd only make it worse :lol: Hello Wildie :wavey:

Linda plzzzz don't make it. The i'm proud of etc, etc,..

hi dorkino :wavey: how are you? :hug:

T2KN
06-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Oh, OK. Well I think Nole has better chances but Rafa has amazing fight spirit. We'll see I guess but I don't think Rafa will get annihilated if he loses.

dorkino
06-15-2008, 12:39 PM
You should know by now that no strategy works against Nole :worship: He only loses because of sore throat/breathing problems/exhaustion from previous matches! :shrug:

You forgot bad luck, wind and broken strings :rocker2:

Chocolate Rafa :hug: you're a good kind fan.

TMJordan
06-15-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm scared! Somebody hold me! :scared:

acionescu
06-15-2008, 12:40 PM
IS the BBC livestream working today? JustinTV? I'm more stressed about stupid ES and lack of livestram than the match outcome! :mad:

On the other hand Davydenko is winning. No livestream for Warsaw either! :tears:

EDIT: HI Chocolate&Rafa! Nice choices! :drool:

T2KN
06-15-2008, 12:41 PM
You forgot bad luck, wind and broken strings :Armed:

Chocolate Rafa :hug: you're a good kind fan.

Call me Karen! I just combined the two things I love most in my nick. :p

wildegirl05
06-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi Wilde! Actually I had a date last night with a walking Red Johny and it wasn't pretty! I even fell asleep in front of the PC! :o

your stamina :worship: i felt sleepy after just one cup of rum+water ice but i'm working on my stamina too :D:angel:

this is trufax. no one can really strategize against the multi-headed hydra of retirement excuses so i should not run a guilt trip on poor uncle toni :hug: :hug:

dorkino
06-15-2008, 12:42 PM

And that's what makes it even harder. :D :shrug:

hi dorkino :wavey: how are you? :hug:

I'm fine thanxx. How're things going?? :hug:

elessar
06-15-2008, 12:42 PM

:hug: :hug: :hug: don't worry I'm sure Rafa will win this :bigclap:

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:43 PM

:ras:

Jordan, what happened to our Queens run :o That QF defeat was humiliating :lol: Ancic :retard: Mathieu :retard: :retard: Mahut :retard: :retard: :retard:

wildegirl05
Linda's always sure he's gonna lose, don't mind her LOL.

GO Rafa :bigclap:

hi claire :wavey:

your signature is bringing out the fangirl in me :lol:

rogi :inlove: :worship:

elessar
My credits :worship: a perfect 268,268

Bibberz
IS the BBC livestream working today? JustinTV? I'm more stressed about stupid ES and lack of livestram than the match outcome! :mad:

On the other hand Davydenko is winning. No livestream for Warsaw either! :tears:

Sopcast will probably work:

http://www1.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=13413&part=sports

Just click "play" next to the Sopcast feed that has the strongest strength (i.e. most stars). I used this yesterday and the ball was more visible than it was on justin.tv.

EDIT: This works just fine. I'm using it right now.

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:45 PM

Shut it, Claire :armed: This is the sort of post that makes me hope RogiGOAT loses to Kohli, even though I don't like him :(

TMJordan
I'm actually quite certin Djokovic will kick his ass :sport:

Jordan, what happened to our Queens run :o That QF defeat was humiliating :lol: Ancic :retard: Mathieu :retard: :retard: Mahut :retard: :retard: :retard:
Yeah it was a bad day, especially Mahut :rolleyes: I don't know how he recieved a breadstick against Nalbandian :retard:

elessar
Will somebody hold me too, I'm worried for Roger :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I'm sure his winning streak is gonna get snapped :crying2:

T2KN

That's the spirit! :D

TMJordan
06-15-2008, 12:46 PM

If Kohli had a brain he would have a shot, but don't worry the streak will be safe untill Wimbledon when he loses :hug:

elessar
06-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Shut it, Claire :armed: This is the sort of post that makes me hope RogiGOAT loses to Kohli, even though I don't like him :(
I wonder what you're gonna think about my next post then :rolls:

dorkino
06-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Chocolate & Rafa
Call me Karen! I just combined the two things I love most in my nick. :p

Hello karen , Nice to meet you. Excellent taste you have, Sweetie.

Karen: Call me Noura. :)

elessar
06-15-2008, 12:47 PM
If Kohli had a brain he would have a shot, but don't worry the streak will be safe untill Wimbledon when he loses :hug:

Thanks Jordan :sad: I knew I could always count on you to cheer me up :D

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:48 PM

:o

I will laugh so hard if this post comes back to bite you on the ass.
That's the spirit! :D

She's a Fedtard :rolleyes: And she prefers Nole's game. Ignore her.

TMJordan
06-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks Jordan :sad: I knew I could always count on you to cheer me up :D

acionescu
06-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Sopcast will probably work:

http://www1.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=13413&part=sports

Just click "play" next to the Sopcast feed that has the strongest strength (i.e. most stars). I used this yesterday and the ball was more visible than it was on justin.tv.

EDIT: This works just fine. I'm using it right now.

For me is not working at all! :confused:

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:50 PM
I wonder what you're gonna think about my next post then :rolls:

BBC coverage about to start :scared: :unsure:

elessar
06-15-2008, 12:50 PM

Fair enough :rolls:

Certainly not on grass as I've already told you :ras:

NaDALiTa
06-15-2008, 12:51 PM

Claire you must be joking,it's as if we were worried for Rafa on clay!!It's impossible!!;) There's no way Fed looses today (i'm not jinxing )

But for Rafa....erm...I hope Nole still has in mind the RG spanking :devil:!

dorkino

Got to love your sense of humor. :p Kohl has no chances. Ballet tennis is gonna win this :hug:

elessar
I'm gonna go watch RogiGOAT now, stupid ES doesn't air Queen's live anyway :(

Good luck Rafa (no sarcasm this time Linda :lol:)

l_mac
Remember last Sunday?

:bigclap: :drool: :inlove:

T2KN
06-15-2008, 12:52 PM

Oh, then why is she posting here? I hang out at another forum too and there people like different things just stay away from each other. If not there are immediately like ten mods on it LOL. It's kinda lame to go taunt anyways.

Hello karen , Nice to meet you. Excellent taste you have, Sweetie.

Karen: Call me Noura.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

TMJordan
06-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Remember last Sunday?

:bigclap: :drool: :inlove:

Will be VERY different today.

:D

l_mac
Oh, then why is she posting here? I hang out at another forum too and there people like different things just stay away from each other. If not there are immediately like ten mods on it LOL. It's kinda lame to go taunt anyways.

Who knows? :shrug: We've been trying to get rid of her for months. :sad:

l_mac
This is getting a ridiculous build up.

This is not a particularly important tournament, Sue :lol:

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Will be VERY different today.

I'm not comparing it to today.

Just enjoying a happy memory :D

elessar

Claire you must be joking,it's as if we were worried for Rafa on clay!!It's impossible!!;) There's no way Fed looses today (i'm not jinxing )
Juste un chouilla :lol: il est possible que je me sois un tout petit peu moquée.
But for Rafa....erm...I hope Nole still has in mind the RG spanking :devil:!
That's the spirit.
Got to love your sense of humor. :p Kohl has no chances. Ballet tennis is gonna win this :hug:
Let's hope so :rocker2:

acionescu
Justin TV! :banana: Who needs to see tha ball? :shrug:

EDIT: And someone asked me if I'm from Serbia in the chatroom! :inlove:

wildegirl05
http://www.justin.tv/federer1 --> is currently working for me for queens. i also wanna watch a halle stream, does anyone have a link?

elessar

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :ras:

elessar
06-15-2008, 12:55 PM
No one Andrea you just need to watch Rafa :hearts:

Ok now I'm really gone :rolls:

T2KN
06-15-2008, 12:55 PM

Haha; well good that you warned me. Internet sarcasm is hard to spot.

dorkino
06-15-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm not comparing it to today.

Just enjoying a happy memory :D

:lol: good one. :p

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Haha; well good that you warned me. Internet sarcasm is hard to spot.

Isn't it? :hug:

All the ball girls love Rafi :inlove: :inlove: Novak, not so much :shrug:

mallorn
06-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Hola! :wavey:

Star sports is showing some planes. :unsure: :scared:

acionescu
06-15-2008, 12:59 PM
The female commentator said about Nole "one of the best character in the game" Really, what do you, UK people, understand by "character"? :confused:

T2KN
06-15-2008, 01:01 PM
OK I'm heading downstairs to watch. So scared!

savesthedizzle
06-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Good luck guys :wavey: I'll be back to see you all gloat later ;)

l_mac
06-15-2008, 01:02 PM
The female commentator said about Nole "one of the best character in the game" Really, what do you, UK people, understand by "character"? :confused:

It doesn't neccesasarily mean he's a good person. They just mean he's a persoanlity.

And he is. Just not one I appreciate.

Rafa won't celebrate his FO win until after Wimbledon. What a star.

Maybe that means he won't play Stuttgart if he gets to the 2nd week of Wimbledon (unlikely) :banana:

Metis
:bigcry:

It's raining cats and dogs here (for the first time after a few weeks) and as a result the cable is not working :banghead:

wildegirl05
i'm doing good as well noura :hug: enjoying my "fedal final" weekend :D

sue barker is just feckin annoying. had to be said.:mad:

l_mac
06-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Good luck guys :wavey: I'll be back to gloat later ;)

See you later, Jess :wavey: :hug:

mallorn
06-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Metis it's on sopcast and justin.tv.

See ya Jess! ;)

savesthedizzle
06-15-2008, 01:06 PM
See you later, Jess :wavey: :hug:

Rafa will win, don't worry. He has the better grass results :D

cobalt60
06-15-2008, 01:07 PM

I went away too early. My husband actually wrote a book on this topic; the etymology/meaning of words. He narrowed it down a bit thankfully;)

acionescu
06-15-2008, 01:08 PM
It doesn't neccesasarily mean he's a good person. They just mean he's a persoanlity.

And he is. Just not one I appreciate.

Thanks,; in Romanian if you say that someone is a character, that means is a good to best person. And she said "one of the best" :spit:

Rafa won't celebrate his FO win until after Wimbledon. What a star.

What a character! :worship: :inlove:

Metis
06-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks Ania, I have both of them already open. :D It's disappointing though when you can have the beautiful clear picture of the TV. :sad:

mallorn
06-15-2008, 01:11 PM
I know Metis, ES :smash: is showing a whole hour and it's delayed, too. :mad:

mallorn
06-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Ulrich :ras:

Metis
06-15-2008, 01:15 PM
asking an older lady in the crowd:

"Who do you root for today?"

"That one!" :spit:

mallorn
06-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Some of the interviews with the public were funny. :lol:

acionescu
06-15-2008, 01:20 PM
That young girl:"why do you like nadal? Because he's good! " :aplot:

mallorn
06-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Too bad Rafa didn't make the return off second serve on BP. :(

Holdholdhold

l_mac
06-15-2008, 01:27 PM
:rolleyes:

HeretiC
06-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi all, what's up?

Metis
06-15-2008, 01:28 PM
already wasted a bp :sad: and down 0*-30

acionescu
06-15-2008, 01:29 PM
I changed my mind! I wish I could see the ball! :( Ania, what stream are you watching?

wildegirl05
06-15-2008, 01:29 PM
:mad:

please find a first serve quickly rafa

Metis
06-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Djoko too strong...

mallorn
06-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Well start, Rafa. :silly:

Andreea I'm watching start sports on sopcast.

Metis
06-15-2008, 01:31 PM
bps saved...

Puschkin
06-15-2008, 01:32 PM
both are an insult to the surface. :rolleyes:

Metis
06-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Rafa retreating far behind the baseline in most rallies :(

acionescu
06-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Never in doubt!

mallorn
06-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Great :rolleyes: Rafa's hitting short and making ues on forehand. :(

Metis
06-15-2008, 01:35 PM
please rain stop :awww:

l_mac
06-15-2008, 01:36 PM

:spit: :lol:

Tennis snobs are my least favourite sort of posters :p

Rafa :haha: Never in doubt.

mallorn
06-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Rafa :haha: Never in doubt.
It wasn't, was it. *sigh*

Puschkin
06-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Tennis snobs are my least favourite sort of posters :p

Be honest: Is this really what you want to see on grass? :p

scarecrows
Fed up a break :bigclap:

edit. a set up, wow that was quick

TMJordan

Come on man.

Novak is the best.

scarecrows
06-15-2008, 01:39 PM

they just want to see Rafa winning, doesnt matter the style

acionescu
06-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Where is Nadal's first serve? At 30%? :banghead:

l_mac
06-15-2008, 01:41 PM

Better this than ace, ace, DF, ace, service winner.

Too each their own.

Puschkin

I am not a fan of servers only, but I adore serve AND volley. And this is what I'd like to see on grass.

mallorn
Rafa's first serve percentage :help:

Metis
06-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Rafa's serving won't cut it against Djoko...

scarecrows
06-15-2008, 01:44 PM

Too each their own.

come on man, you have all clay season to see moonballing fests. Leave the month of grass to S&V