Why don't people on here respect other people's opinions? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why don't people on here respect other people's opinions?

lleytonfan!
02-06-2010, 01:06 AM
I thought the point of this type of forum was to discuss our opinions. It seems a lot of people on here just want to shove their opinions down others throats, and make them agree.

TMJordan
02-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Agassi sucks.

casabe
02-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Agassi sucks.
+1

luie
02-06-2010, 01:12 AM
+1
+2

Getta
02-06-2010, 01:16 AM
big time!

serveandvolley80
02-06-2010, 01:21 AM

Because other people are morons.

Macbrother
02-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Do me a favor and don't take it personally.

n8
02-06-2010, 01:24 AM
I think the reason why people are so blunt on here (and most forums) is because it requires less effort in doing so. It is a lot easier to say "<insert name here> sucks" or "<insert name here> rules" than it is to put together reasoned arguments. Also, short sharp jabs usually get more attention than well thought out responses and that is the reason why a lot of people post in the first place - to get attention, good or bad.

serveandvolley80
02-06-2010, 01:28 AM
I think the reason why people are so blunt on here (and most forums) is because it requires less effort in doing so. It is a lot easier to say "<insert name here> sucks" or "<insert name here> rules" than it is to put together reasoned arguments. Also, short sharp jabs usually get more attention than well thought out responses and that is the reason why a lot of people post in the first place - to get attention, good or bad.

This is my problem with the internet in general, not much effort is required to post a thought no matter how retarded it is, no energy into thinking, just throwing out random words like mug, suck, overrated, and you have an internet sports message board.

Internet message boards are the McDonalds of intelligent debate.

Ibracadabra
02-06-2010, 01:36 AM
welcome to real life

Kolya
02-06-2010, 01:43 AM
Gotta catch em' all - Pokemon.

abraxas21
02-06-2010, 01:49 AM
welcome to real life

No, welcome to the Internet.

krystlel
02-06-2010, 01:54 AM
That's true that you're more likely to get a response if you post something more dramatic and less thought-out. The large gap is even more obvious if you've put in a bigger effort, then watching the people with two word answers or predictable answers get all the attention.

It is a message board after all, and maybe back in the days when they first existed, it was hoped that they would become discussion forums, so it's natural that you'd want to have replies to what you're posting. Of course that doesn't equate to which posts are better, and some people will say that yeah, there are plenty of people that read what you're posting, but I don't know it and I may as well write it to myself.

Smoke944
02-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Why haven't people around the world respected other people's opinions since the beginning of time?

Fixed it for you

Getta
02-06-2010, 02:19 AM
Internet message boards are the McDonalds of intelligent debate.

the renowned chefs would have put signature spins on delicate dishes if membership had been restricted to those of the unashamed élite.

r2473
02-06-2010, 02:27 AM

“In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.” - Oscar Wilde

buddyholly
02-06-2010, 09:45 PM
There is no need to respect people who are wrong.

Getta
02-06-2010, 10:07 PM
well, most people feel unable to embrace the notion that we're all unequal in virtue.

BlackSilver
02-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Basically, because we are pretty much a big family of world class assholes

Har-Tru
02-07-2010, 01:49 AM
There is no need to respect people who are wrong.

Wrong, but you might be joking.

well, most people feel unable to embrace the notion that we're all unequal in virtue.

True, but... why now and here?

Goldenoldie
02-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Sweeping generalizations are the norm, and I think I've just made one!

cobalt60
02-07-2010, 03:34 PM
If I could figure out the reason for this I would get a Nobel peace prize:p In all honesty this is human nature. Some are respectful, some are not. You will figure out after being here for a bit who is who and take from MTF whatever you need from it. And if you can't you will most likely quit posting.

Rafa = Fed Killa
02-07-2010, 05:34 PM
I thought the point of this type of forum was to discuss our opinions. It seems a lot of people on here just want to shove their opinions down others throats, and make them agree.

because this forum is filled with diseased Fedtards who have lost all logic and I must show them the light

rocketassist
02-07-2010, 07:48 PM

WTA tard.

Serenidad
02-08-2010, 08:26 AM
dylan24 :D

Echoes
02-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Respect everybody as a person, one should do.
Respect everybody's opinion, not necessarily.

Collective
02-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Respect everybody as a person, one should do.
Respect everybody's opinion, not necessarily.

Exactly. I respect everyone's right to think whatever they want. But the thoughts themselves may not be respectable.

Chloe le Bopper
02-11-2010, 01:27 PM
"Why don't people on here respect other people's opinions?"

I just had a gander at GM and am now honestly confused as to how this became a question. I mean, really.