RafaChat51 - Bachelor Dandy Uncovered: The Exclusive That Will Rock MTF (coming soon) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RafaChat51 - Bachelor Dandy Uncovered: The Exclusive That Will Rock MTF (coming soon)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

l_mac
02-05-2010, 11:21 PM
:rocker2:

Bibberz
02-05-2010, 11:48 PM
:lol:

Thanos
02-06-2010, 02:54 AM
- have you ever started flirting with someone that use to be hostile towards you??
- what was your dream job growing up as kid?
- their a rumour that you have indian background? is this true? would you like to clarify?

- what is your theory. why mariav hates me?

- i heard you started playing tt. for the love god why??

acionescu
02-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Don't you dear bring the snakes here, freaks :armed:

-Evita-
02-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Hello new thread :)

Thanos :lol:

Snoo Foo
02-06-2010, 09:22 AM
http://www.napak.com/honey_badger_02.jpg

Snoo Foo
02-06-2010, 09:25 AM
http://www.gorblimey.com/images/art/pics/badger_detail.jpg

Snoo Foo
02-06-2010, 09:25 AM
goodnight pampoons

scoobs
02-06-2010, 11:02 AM
And what will our star be doing?

acionescu
02-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Rafa? Linda? Star-star? :scratch:

scoobs
02-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Bachelor Dandy.

I want to know what his star turn is going to be if he's the thread star.

And it better not be any Mariah Carey diva shit, either.

acionescu
02-06-2010, 11:16 AM
He'll be busy writing the Querrey internship application :awww:

acionescu
02-06-2010, 11:30 AM
And in all fairness, BD's participation in this thread is more like a featuring than a starring :tears:

Betty
02-06-2010, 11:50 AM

scoobs
02-06-2010, 12:07 PM
And in all fairness, BD's participation in this thread is more like a featuring than a starring :tears:
I feel a more accurate designation is more like

"unnamed strange west coast man" in the end credits.

acionescu
02-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Ferru :hearts:

Bibberz
02-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Andreea, that was probably the worst bump in the history of this forum. This is a Rafa Forum--not a Rafa + Any Random-ass Player Forum. :(

It did remind me of this tender moment, though:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6955/20080706mffederervsnada.jpg

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

OMG, watching Rafa celebrate. :awww:

He'll be busy writing the Querrey internship application :awww:

I never sent anything in. It would be one thing if Sammy was in charge of hiring. I could probably stand that sort of rejection. However, I can't bear the thought of being rejected by Dan the Intern. :sad:

"unnamed strange west coast man" in the end credits.

Sometimes I'll IMDb random actors in movies I've just seen. One time I IMDbed the chauffeur in Die Hard just to see what the hell he was up to.

This is what he looked like in Die Hard:

http://21.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kt32u2bf6F1qzhy30o1_500.jpg

Young kid. Bright future ahead of him and all that, right?

Nope. His last role was "Second Transvestite." (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0924691/) Ten years ago. I repeat, his last role was Second Transvestite in some forgettable movie ten years ago.:haha:

What the hell kind of agent did he have?! :haha: :haha: :haha: I got a great new role for you, kid. You're going to be in a picture called Shadow Hours starring such luminaries as Balthazar Getty and Rebecca Gayheart. The role? Get this, you're gonna love this. Are you listening? You're going to be...Second Transvestite. The casting director said he could only offer you Third Transvestite, but I was like, ':rolleyes:c'mon, don't bring that weak shit in here. Who do you think you're dealing with?'

:zzz:

acionescu
02-06-2010, 12:43 PM
That was one of your worst posts, BD, and we all know that the competition is tight :hug: :D

Mike, explain me one thing: why is written Murray on Chris Cusiter's shirt? :scratch:

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20100205elpepudep_12/LCO340/Ies/capitanes_selecciones.jpg

acionescu
02-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Ferru, stop being such a mug :smash:

Minn
02-06-2010, 01:45 PM

"unnamed strange west coast man" in the end credits. :lol:

It's weird how sometimes we/some of us feel a thread has been around for a long time. The thread I started lasted I think 10 days (I didn't go back to check). Evita's lasted 12.

acionescu
02-06-2010, 01:53 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry:

My favorites suck :sobbing:

l_mac
02-06-2010, 03:08 PM
"Bibberz"- The David Watts Years

Both players are so unbelievably likeable. I think they’re both objectively great sportsmen. Does Rafa celebrate too much on the court? Sometimes, but that’s probably because he needs to get amped up to play well. Understandable. Does Roger make unseemly post-match comments? Sometimes, but they’re borne out of pride, not malice. Also understandable. Let’s face it—given their immense talents, they would both be justified in being more arrogant and selfish. As it turns out, both have an extremely healthy respect for the fans and fellow players. I consider myself lucky as a fan that these are the top two players.

The more these two play head-to-head (especially in finals), the more their relationship will chill. Little things (and not-so-little things) will get blown out of proportion. Although I have always rooted for Rafa when the two play (because Federer’s ATP race lead is staggeringly vast), I couldn’t respect either player more.

He’s (Brad Gilbert) not as classy as Drysdale. He’s not as insightful as John McEnroe. He’s nowhere near as cool as Courier. He doesn’t have any neat catchphrases like Patrick McEnroe (God help me, but I love “Dropper!”). He can’t go 30 seconds without comparing tennis matchups to: (American) football or prizefighting. He has that condescending “I-calls-‘em-like-I-see-‘em” attitude.

So, why, why, WHY do I still like him? My theories are: (1) There’s something wrong with me; (2) He’s just a really complex character….I think there’s something wrong with me.

I don't mind Federer getting the French Open--one day. Not to sound like a jerk, but I want it to be a long-term goal, like it was for Sampras, Becker, and Agassi (who was 29 when he finally got it). It's not the end of the world for Roger. As a tennis fan--not as a Rafa fan--I'm glad Roger didn't win Sunday. Besides, every "great one" should have a foil against whom his greatness can be measured. Borg had McEnroe and Sampras had Agassi. Without McEnroe and Agassi we might not fully understand the greatness of Borg and Sampras.
Sounding more like himself: :D
Federer’s clearly the best I’ve ever seen, but I haven’t wanted him to win a match since Wimbledon 2003. He wins with such alarming frequency that I don’t root for him to win any more than I would root for the sun to rise.

acionescu
02-06-2010, 03:18 PM
This David Watts was a Fedal? :eek:

acionescu
02-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Is your title trying to imply that the present version of BD is the less worthy one? :awww:

l_mac
02-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Is your title trying to imply that the present version of BD is the less worthy one? :awww:

No.

Minn
02-06-2010, 04:18 PM

He was also :bibcry: for a brief time, the length of time JM was banned, was it not?

:wavey:

Bibberz
02-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Holy shit. :lol:

Um, no. I was not Fedal because I did not root for Rogelina to win matches. It's just that I've always admired/liked Rogelina's tennis, and before the Rogihate there was Rogirespect.

By my estimation, he did not start to say really :retard: things until 2006. It started with the "one-dimensional," which did not greatly offend me, and then he got worse...and worse...and worse and worse and worse and worse andworseandworseandworseandworseandworseandworse.

The sort of hate I have for Rogelina had to slowly ferment. You can't just wake up one morning, look at some ponce in a cardigan, and start to laugh when he cries. It takes time.

Bachelor Dandy did not bring out the Rogelinahate the moment he set foot in this forum. That took a while too.

David Watts was fucking Homo habilis--completely dull, devoid of humor and personality, and unwilling to say anything overtly fanboyish.

I am now--by comparison--a superhuman/homo superior. :sport:

Thank Christ Linda included that last quote. It shows that I was finally starting to walk a bit more upright.

acionescu
02-06-2010, 04:59 PM
I don't remember your Watts phase at all :scratch:

Bibberz
02-06-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't remember your Watts phase at all :scratch:

How could you forget such memorable posts like the ones above? :(

Snoo Foo
02-06-2010, 05:20 PM
"Bibberz"- The David Watts Years

:unsure: is this spost to be evidence of how awesome the thread was back in ye olden dayes?

what the fuuuuuck is the matter with ferru?

some belgian socialite murdered her little 8 yo son in the peninsula hotel :(

dude the whaddaya callit, snow, it never showed up

acionescu
02-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Both players are so unbelievably likeable. I think they’re both objectively great sportsmen. Does Rafa celebrate too much on the court? Sometimes, but that’s probably because he needs to get amped up to play well. Understandable. Does Roger make unseemly post-match comments? Sometimes, but they’re borne out of pride, not malice. Also understandable. Let’s face it—given their immense talents, they would both be justified in being more arrogant and selfish. As it turns out, both have an extremely healthy respect for the fans and fellow players. I consider myself lucky as a fan that these are the top two players.

The more these two play head-to-head (especially in finals), the more their relationship will chill. Little things (and not-so-little things) will get blown out of proportion. Although I have always rooted for Rafa when the two play (because Federer’s ATP race lead is staggeringly vast), I couldn’t respect either player more.

What's memorable about the post above? :haha: :haha:

acionescu
02-06-2010, 05:24 PM
what the fuuuuuck is the matter with ferru?

I don't know :bigcry: :bigcry:

savesthedizzle
02-06-2010, 05:25 PM
dude the whaddaya callit, snow, it never showed up

You can have all of mine, I got like 8 freaking inches.

Snoo Foo
02-06-2010, 05:32 PM
:haha: i mean :hug:

man i can't believe it, staten island got it, bklyn got a little, but not us :sport:

it missed us by 40 miles they said, i feel v v blessed today :awwww:

Bibberz
02-06-2010, 05:36 PM
What's memorable about the post above? :haha: :haha:

Nothing.

EDIT: Why couldn't Ferrer lose to Somdev instead? Oh, man, that would have been awesome.

savesthedizzle
02-06-2010, 05:38 PM

man i can't believe it, staten island got it, bklyn got a little, but not us :sport:

:mad: some people have all the luck :mad:

Oh well, it means I didn't have to go to work today :D

Snoo Foo
02-06-2010, 05:40 PM
see? you should feel blessed too :shrug:

Betty
02-06-2010, 06:12 PM
any tennis now?

l_mac
02-06-2010, 06:39 PM
:unsure: is this spost to be evidence of how awesome the thread was back in ye olden dayes?

No :confused:, this thread didn't start until late 2007. Those were all spring/summer 2006.

I remember David Watts, I think his avatar was a guitarist. I remember asking BD about his previous username when he started posting in the Rafachat.

l_mac
02-06-2010, 06:45 PM
The Name Change

I really appreciate this, Carlita. I'd like to change my name to:

Bachelor Dandy

I like the dramatic : and new line for Bachelor Dandy. I feel like it should have a DUN DUN DUUUUN

I really appreciate this, Carlita. I'd like to change my name to:

DUN DUN DUUUUN

Bachelor Dandy

And so BD's quest for MTF acceptance and acclaim was born.

l_mac
02-06-2010, 06:46 PM

He was also :bibcry: for a brief time, the length of time JM was banned, was it not?

:wavey:

Bibcry is not important enough. It was, in reality, only a precursur to the Bibberz era.

-Evita-
02-06-2010, 06:47 PM
BD being called David Watts? :eek: And having respect for Federer? :eek: :eek: No, I can't believe it :lol: Sorry, my imagination is not that wild :p

Corey Feldman
02-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Mike, explain me one thing: why is written Murray on Chris Cusiter's shirt? :scratch:

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20100205elpepudep_12/LCO340/Ies/capitanes_selecciones.jpg
must be the sponsor

why is the Scot is made to walk right at the back :ras:

acionescu
02-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Youtube is suggesting me to watch a clip named Novak Djokovic :o Reason, and I quote, "because you watched the clip Rafa Nadal y Fernando Verdasco entrenan en La Caja Magica " :retard:

I fail to see the connection :scratch:

Corey Feldman
02-06-2010, 07:33 PM
there is no good Petr Korda stuff on youtube

bit of an old fave of mine

acionescu
02-06-2010, 07:34 PM
:tape:

Betty
02-06-2010, 07:34 PM
BD being called David Watts? :eek: And having respect for Federer? :eek: :eek: No, I can't believe it :lol: Sorry, my imagination is not that wild :p

+1 :lol:

Betty
02-06-2010, 07:43 PM
:tape:

:o:o:oi liked korda's TENNIS

Betty
02-06-2010, 07:49 PM
the year i was there:smoke:

tSojZ0qkEP8&feature=related

JolánGagó
02-06-2010, 08:52 PM
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5284/facepalm2small.jpg

-Evita-
02-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Jess, did I understand you correctly? You didn't have to do the big inventory today because of snow? I guess I shouldn't congratulate you on successfully avoiding it because you'll just have to do it on a different day? :lol:

Also, I just saw some posts in the Zagreb TT thread :rolleyes: :hug:

savesthedizzle
02-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Jess, did I understand you correctly? You didn't have to do the big inventory today because of snow? I guess I shouldn't congratulate you on successfully avoiding it because you'll just have to do it on a different day? :lol:

Also, I just saw some posts in the Zagreb TT thread :rolleyes: :hug:

Yeah, Thursday night the manager of the people who come do the inventory said he couldn't guarantee that his people would be able to make it to our store because of this storm. They come from rather far away, and some places in the area got 12-18 inches of snow from this.. so once that happened, then my people didn't want to do it (not because of me and my employees safety on the roads of course, but because it couldn't be done without the other people coming :rolleyes: ) So we'll do it on Monday instead, which resulted in me not having to go in at all today :D And I already have off tomorrow, so that worked out nicely :)

And UGH.. TT Zagreb :rolleyes: If anyone starts nationalist crap in Delray Beach I'll :boxing: them.

Corey Feldman
02-06-2010, 09:30 PM
stupid 10 digit calculator i just got

dont know what 90% of the buttons on it are for

star
02-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Yeah, Thursday night the manager of the people who come do the inventory said he couldn't guarantee that his people would be able to make it to our store because of this storm. They come from rather far away, and some places in the area got 12-18 inches of snow from this.. so once that happened, then my people didn't want to do it (not because of me and my employees safety on the roads of course, but because it couldn't be done without the other people coming :rolleyes: ) So we'll do it on Monday instead, which resulted in me not having to go in at all today :D And I already have off tomorrow, so that worked out nicely :)

And UGH.. TT Zagreb :rolleyes: If anyone starts nationalist crap in Delray Beach I'll :boxing: them.

:yippee: That worked out well. How much did you get? We got a bit last night, but I delayed shoveling and it's mostly melted now. :D

I guess I need to see what's happening in Zagreb.

savesthedizzle
02-06-2010, 09:36 PM
:yippee: That worked out well. How much did you get? We got a bit last night, but I delayed shoveling and it's mostly melted now. :D

I guess I need to see what's happening in Zagreb.

I only got about 8 inches here. The roads still look like crap though.

star
02-06-2010, 09:37 PM

Oh, and I was thinking how lucky Julia was to be home this weekend, and she missed it all anyway. Probably lucky to be home anyway though. :)

Corey Feldman
02-06-2010, 09:40 PM
star

http://lovemeow.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/maru.jpg

star
02-06-2010, 09:41 PM
I only got about 8 inches here. The roads still look like crap though.

I read back just now. :lol:

I'll bet they do.

I read an article today about how Colorado Springs (most tax adverse city in the nation, I reckon) is cutting back on mega city services. I was thinking if they want to punish the tax payers they should just leave off with snow removal. Instead they've cut back on police and firemen and parks and recreation and daycare and swimming and what I think is the best -- streetlights! Turning off every third street light. :yippee:

savesthedizzle
02-06-2010, 09:43 PM
I mean, I'm sure the major roads are fine, NJ is not bad with snow removal like some places.. I mean, we get enough of it that they're usually okay. But my neighborhood is still awful.

star
02-06-2010, 09:49 PM
I mean, I'm sure the major roads are fine, NJ is not bad with snow removal like some places.. I mean, we get enough of it that they're usually okay. But my neighborhood is still awful.

I think ours is melted now. :)

So, this guy I know down south of us has a father in law who owns an electrician business. It's one of those metal buildings. It's got three bays and on to the back of the center bay they built a little office building. They cleared off the snow on the top of that, but didn't off the taller structure. The FiL's mother (about 80) works in the office :worship: So the other day, she called her son, "Harv. You need to come down here. Some of the ceiling tiles are falling down." The guy arrives and sees that the BUILDING HAS COLLAPSED. He rushes back around to the office and says, Mom, are you all right???" She looks up and says "yes, but these ceiling tiles fell down."

She's so deaf she didn't even hear the place collapse! :lol:

savesthedizzle
02-06-2010, 10:46 PM
omg :tape: :lol:

Minn
02-06-2010, 10:53 PM
some belgian socialite murdered her little 8 yo son in the peninsula hotel :( I read about it. That's terrible.

dude the whaddaya callit, snow, it never showed up Here either. :D

The Name Change

I like the dramatic : and new line for Bachelor Dandy. I feel like it should have a DUN DUN DUUUUN :rolls:

But if I were going to request a name change, which I'm not, I would set it up the same way. :o It prevents questions about whether you want the period or quotation marks or whatever.

Bibcry is not important enough. It was, in reality, only a precursur to the Bibberz era. True.

Youtube is suggesting me to watch a clip named Novak Djokovic :o Reason, and I quote, "because you watched the clip Rafa Nadal y Fernando Verdasco entrenan en La Caja Magica " :retard:

I fail to see the connection :scratch: Youtube doesn't understand fangirlism, I guess.

dont know what 90% of the buttons on it are for :lol:

I think ours is melted now. :)

So, this guy I know down south of us has a father in law who owns an electrician business. It's one of those metal buildings. It's got three bays and on to the back of the center bay they built a little office building. They cleared off the snow on the top of that, but didn't off the taller structure. The FiL's mother (about 80) works in the office :worship: So the other day, she called her son, "Harv. You need to come down here. Some of the ceiling tiles are falling down." The guy arrives and sees that the BUILDING HAS COLLAPSED. He rushes back around to the office and says, Mom, are you all right???" She looks up and says "yes, but these ceiling tiles fell down."

She's so deaf she didn't even hear the place collapse! :lol: :eek: :rolls:

star
02-06-2010, 11:08 PM
star

http://lovemeow.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/maru.jpg

omg. :hearts: I almost missed that. I just happened to read back.

He's soooooo soft and cute and precious.

Oh, and I see they have snow!

Here you go Mikey. Maru is pretending to be you.

http://blog-imgs-37-origin.fc2.com/s/i/s/sisinmaru/DSC_1601-2.jpg

habibko
02-07-2010, 06:54 AM
but kept at it subtly implying Rafa was faking his injury to avoid another straight set humiliation.

I never said he faked, I was criticizing his action retiring from the match, and many of his fans agreed with me, even Guy Haines surprisingly! :confused:

ETA: JesusFederer: guesses
- Habibko who finally caved in because he's peeved that he can't gloat at the moment? That was my first guess but somehow, I don't think so.

no I wasn't JesusFederer, I don't make double accounts and I'd never go through the trouble of concealing my identity which clearly shows from my style of posting -___- I know who he was though, amazingly stupid of him and confirming how right I was about him since the beginning :rolls:

bokehlicious
02-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Hi Hab :wavey: nice to have you back on MTF ;)

I always knew BD was a closeted Fedtard, I mean, the guy is smart and like good sport, how could he truly hate on the best sportsman ever? :confused: :p

Betty
02-07-2010, 09:14 AM

dont know what 90% of the buttons on it are for

use it
http://www.giocattoliamo.it/images/pallottoliere-colorato.jpg
;)
and teach to Fra to count too..or will be the viceversa:p;)

jk:hug:

Thanos
02-07-2010, 11:59 AM

i briefly skimmed through what peta has bumped. there no different between now or back then. they were still speaking about the weather..

well this thread officially dead. at least l mac will be the known as last owner.

-Evita-
02-07-2010, 12:06 PM
well this thread officially dead. at least l mac will be the known as last owner.

This thread won't be dead until Rafa retires and maybe not even then :D I assume everyone is busy shoveling snow or having fun otherwise :p

Snoo, if you read this maybe you can enter some matches into the website again? I would appreciate it :hug:

l_mac
02-07-2010, 12:43 PM
i briefly skimmed through what peta has bumped. there no different between now or back then. they were still speaking about the weather.

The thread is different to what it was in the early months.

How come habibko was able to post here? He should be banned from this forum. Poor decision from the admins. He is still boasting about his antics in the Castle :rolleyes:

tennizen
02-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I read the old chat thread and in Part 5(March 2008) Linda was complaining about how there were no interesting posts for her to quote:rolleyes:

And this thread is dead because of its title:zzz: I bet Bibberz secretly transferred all his vcash to Linda's account to make this happen.

Thanos
02-07-2010, 12:56 PM
The thread is different to what it was in the early months.

How come habibko was able to post here? He should be banned from this forum. Poor decision from the admins. He is still boasting about his antics in the Castle :rolleyes:

early months? the only time i found this thread interesting. when there was a rivalry between the attention seekers. where posters from there would come troll here and vice versa.

i was thinking of joining the castle full time.. i've been searching for a picture of an castle or else i could work my way up through someone else castle. you know backstabbing and turning them against each other to become an awesome general of the armies of antarctica.

i could have an army of penguins.

http://people.cornellcollege.edu/JCarter09/IMAGES/Emperor_Penguins,_Weddell_Sea,_Antarctica.jpg

Getta
02-07-2010, 01:07 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mEUcHfBRvro/Sw-VfNN_MxI/AAAAAAAAAI8/MZC9ghTMy9k/s1600/11152_180263759274_663219274_2817309_7259942_n.jpg

Thanos
02-07-2010, 01:11 PM
glowing penguins :inlove:

what city is that getta??

Getta
02-07-2010, 01:14 PM
no idea.

but does that really matter?

scoobs
02-07-2010, 01:21 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mEUcHfBRvro/Sw-VfNN_MxI/AAAAAAAAAI8/MZC9ghTMy9k/s1600/11152_180263759274_663219274_2817309_7259942_n.jpg
It's like a scene from Batman Returns or something :)

Thanos
02-07-2010, 01:32 PM
no idea.

but does that really matter?

i found it, their located in prague. there cute but its got nothing on mothman

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Mothman_statue_2005.JPG

-Evita-
02-07-2010, 01:35 PM

Awesome :hearts:

Metis
02-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Just dropping by to say:

Peta rocks!!! :rocker2:

Oh and:

What's the big deal with BD liking Federer in the old days? I liked Rogelina when I first started watching tennis. It didn't last long. :D I still haven't forgiven myself for rooting for RogiGOAT against Nalby (:inlove:) at the TMC 2005 final. :retard: :retard: :retard:

Oh and:

WTF? :spit:

Minn
02-07-2010, 01:40 PM
I never said he faked, I was criticizing his action retiring from the match, and many of his fans agreed with me, even Guy Haines surprisingly! :confused:

no I wasn't JesusFederer, I don't make double accounts and I'd never go through the trouble of concealing my identity which clearly shows from my style of posting -___- I know who he was though, amazingly stupid of him and confirming how right I was about him since the beginning :rolls: I get up and get on MTF and the first thing I see is this post. I had to check to make sure I was in the right spot. Give it up, man. You were trolling and inappropriate, you got banned, don't try to justify your actions now.

use it
http://www.giocattoliamo.it/images/pallottoliere-colorato.jpg
;)
and teach to Fra to count too..or will be the viceversa:p;)

jk:hug: :lol:

Peta put up another section of the old thread today. :banana:

Thanos, that picture of the penguins is beautiful.

I think the Attention Seekers felt the "rivalry" between them and us more than most of us did. The number of posts thing was semi-interesting and when some Attention Seekers came here, it just upped our numbers. :shrug:

As for the castle, join them if you want, Old Sport.

:rolleyes:

Metis
02-07-2010, 01:44 PM
I think the Attention Seekers felt the "rivalry" between them and us more than most of us did. The number of posts thing was semi-interesting and when some Attention Seekers came here, it just upped our numbers. :shrug:

Yes, you can't have a rivarly when one side doesn't even care. :lol:

tennizen
02-07-2010, 01:52 PM
What's the big deal with BD liking Federer in the old days? I liked Rogelina when I first started watching tennis. It didn't last long. :D I still haven't forgiven myself for rooting for RogiGOAT against Nalby (:inlove:) at the TMC 2005 final. :retard: :retard: :retard:

Unlike most people I started out with an intense dislike of RogiGOAT and rooted wildly against him in the 2004 Wimbledon final. It was only later that I started loving him:hearts:

-Evita-
02-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Unlike most people I started out with an intense dislike of RogiGOAT and rooted wildly against him in the 2004 Wimbledon final. It was only later that I started loving him:hearts:

Yes, after you got married :lol: And I think we all know why that is :p

Betty
02-07-2010, 01:57 PM
yes her hub..had to find a way for convince hema:awww::p

Metis
02-07-2010, 02:00 PM

Yours is the typical story of someone who had lots of talent and a promising start but ended up squandering them and getting lost into the path of corruption and decline.

You're the Gasquet of this thread. :hug:

Getta
02-07-2010, 02:03 PM

:yeah:

there should be initial attraction on both sides before we commit ourselves to starting a relationship, whereas the decision to end a relationship is, for the most part, unilateral. :p

Metis
02-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Yes, after you got married :lol: And I think we all know why that is :p

yes her hub..had to find a way for convince hema:awww::p

Sex can be a powerful way to manipulate people. :(

Betty
02-07-2010, 02:09 PM

:devil::(:p

tennizen
02-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Yours is the typical story of someone who had lots of talent and a promising start but ended up squandering them and getting lost into the path of corruption and decline.

:sobbing:

Thanos
02-07-2010, 02:12 PM

are you sure, your not referring to gulbis instead?? (no offence evita)

Metis
02-07-2010, 02:20 PM

there should be initial attraction on both sides before we commit ourselves to starting a relationship, whereas the decision to end a relationship is, for the most part, unilateral. :p

True that! It takes only one to mess it up. :lol:

:devil::(:p

You know it! :devil:

:sobbing:

It's never too late ...I think :unsure:

are you sure, your not referring to gulbis instead?? (no offence evita)

:lol: The jury is still out on Gulbis. Besides he hasn't achieved/been hyped as much as Gasquet did/was in the early days.

Betty
02-07-2010, 02:27 PM
doesnt work with me metis,never been an juve fan:armed: :devil:

tennizen
02-07-2010, 02:36 PM
doesnt work with me metis,never been an juve fan:armed: :devil:

:worship: You are strong, Betty.

It's heartening to know people were bashing Mirka in 2002 as well:lol:.

star
02-07-2010, 02:40 PM

I have little interest in what goes on in the Castle. Actually, now that I think about it -- none at all. I'm never tempted to read there.

early months? the only time i found this thread interesting. when there was a rivalry between the attention seekers. where posters from there would come troll here and vice versa.

i was thinking of joining the castle full time.. i've been searching for a picture of an castle or else i could work my way up through someone else castle. you know backstabbing and turning them against each other to become an awesome general of the armies of antarctica.

i could have an army of penguins.

You should. You've got the fantasy thing going on.

summing things up in the laconian tradition. :yeah:

:) :)

Some people have a hard time letting go even when the writing is on the wall.

star
02-07-2010, 02:42 PM

It's heartening to know people were bashing Mirka in 2002 as well:lol:.

At least Andy's wife if bringing in the shekels by working hard for SI. :) :) :)

A career woman!

Thanos
02-07-2010, 02:45 PM
:lol: The jury is still out on Gulbis. Besides he hasn't achieved/been hyped as much as Gasquet did/was in the early days.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=124568&highlight=gulbis+number+1

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=109168&highlight=gulbis+number+1

well when i first started posting here. he was receiving major hype these are the two threads i remember the most (i did find others).

Betty
02-07-2010, 02:46 PM

:.

well hub never been inter fan too
:eek::eek:that s mean:speakles::bigcry:

i must change hub:devil:

star
02-07-2010, 02:50 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=124568&highlight=gulbis+number+1

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=109168&highlight=gulbis+number+1

well when i first started posting here. he was receiving major hype these are the two threads i remember the most (i did find others).

I think there was excitement about Gulbis when people first saw him. I'd say not as much as for JWT or Baggy. People went nuts over them. I was charmed by all three at first. As for Gasquet -- I started reading about him years before he was a pro. There was a video of him hitting his backhand on the internet. A thing of beauty at quite a young age.

Talent, sadly, is only one part of the equation.

elessar
02-07-2010, 02:51 PM
So much hype for this 6 nations tourney :unsure:

Can't wait for Flowers of Scotland, Mikey ;)

Betty
02-07-2010, 02:52 PM
ita is vs sco claire? i red soemthing this morning i forgot now:lol:

Thanos
02-07-2010, 02:56 PM
who is this mallorn poster? they seem like regular on this thread then disappeared.

elessar
02-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Italy sadly lost to Ireland yesterday.

Scotland is playing France right now. Marseillaise :rocker2:

Betty
02-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Italy sadly lost to Ireland yesterday.

Scotland is playing France right now. Marseillaise :rocker2:

o yes ireland now i remember
already lost:haha:nid:o

elessar
02-07-2010, 03:02 PM
I went to the Castle thread to see what Habibko was saying about his ban and I saw the pics Karin posted of her Alps trip, I kept thinking they looked familiar until I checked the file info: they were taken on the ski resort where I've only gone every year since I was 2. Only took me about 20 pics to realize it either :o:o

star
02-07-2010, 03:24 PM
zJ5fLBEpKo8&feature

Here's another with better visuals. :) :)

6Ni9QkBfVhg&feature

I'm a sucker for this kind of music. I can cry a the drop of a note. :)

This version of Athenry always makes me tear up. I love this boy's voice. It's very raw.

GgbdaEoUk4Y&feature

Nidhogg
02-07-2010, 03:35 PM
This version of Athenry always makes me tear up. I love this boy's voice. It's very raw.

I like that one.

Dolph Lundgren, you legend you.

mHtatY7bOUY

The moves, the cool, the grin, the playback... The man quite simply knows how to break the ice. This is made of so much win that it's hard to fathom.

scoobs
02-07-2010, 03:38 PM
I like that one.

mHtatY7bOUY

The moves, the cool, the grin, the playback... The man quite simply knows how to break the ice. This is made of so much win that it's hard to fathom.
I was watching Melodifestivalen last night and this was the clear highlight.

elessar
02-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Bastareaud with two tries :lol:

star
02-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Dolph. :o

I don't think he would make it past the AI auditions.

scoobs
02-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Dolph. :o

I don't think he would make it past the AI auditions.
Oh he was a presenter, not one of the contestants but he was still more entertaining than most of them last night :)

Nidhogg
02-07-2010, 03:48 PM
His last role was "Second Transvestite." (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0924691/) Ten years ago. I repeat, his last role was Second Transvestite in some forgettable movie ten years ago.:haha:

But, but, how can this be? His line "Man, if this is their idea of Christmas, I gotta be here for New Year’s." is an eternal classic.

What the hell kind of agent did he have?! :haha: :haha: :haha: I got a great new role for you, kid. You're going to be in a picture called Shadow Hours starring such luminaries as Balthazar Getty and Rebecca Gayheart. The role? Get this, you're gonna love this. Are you listening? You're going to be...Second Transvestite. The casting director said he could only offer you Third [I]Transvestite, but I was like, ':rolleyes:c'mon, don't bring that weak shit in here. Who do you think you're dealing with?'

:haha: :worship:

Um, no. I was not Fedal because I did not root for Rogelina to win matches. It's just that I've always admired/liked Rogelina's tennis, and before the Rogihate there was Rogirespect.

http://pici.se/pictures/POsMSlNQy.jpg

star
02-07-2010, 03:54 PM

Oh, is this part of the song/flag fest. Sorry can't remember the title.

scoobs
02-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Oh, is this part of the song/flag fest. Sorry can't remember the title.
This is the contest Sweden use to pick their entry for the Eurovision song contest - it's extraordinarily elaborate :lol:

acionescu
02-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Here's another with better visuals. :) :)

6Ni9QkBfVhg&feature

I'm a sucker for this kind of music. I can cry a the drop of a note. :)

Awsome :hearts:

The music is nice too :o

mHtatY7bOUY

I don't think it's a playback :unsure:

What is that? :o

Bastareaud with two tries :lol:

Still Vamos Scotland :rocker2:

acionescu
02-07-2010, 04:02 PM
6-18 :(

acionescu
02-07-2010, 04:04 PM
LaLo :rocker2:

Ferru :o

Betty
02-07-2010, 04:06 PM
andy who will play for the snooker league this week?mug players?
group 4-5

Nidhogg
02-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Dolph was indeed the highlight of yesterday. The main contest hasn't started yet. This was just the first out of four preselection nights.

I have always liked Salem al Fakir, and his song yesterday was definetely worthy of making it to the final. It's not one of his best tunes, as it's kinda repetitive, but it's still good.

The other three groups/contestants who were not eliminated? Yawn. A big yawn on all of them. Jessica Andersson bored me with her outdated sleeping pill from yesteryesteryester... etc ... yesteryear. Ola? Get that shit outta my face, but it was never in doubt that he'd make it through due to all teenage girls who vote a hundred times in a row. Pain of Salvation? Yuck. The lead singer has nowhere near a voice good enough to keep the tune rolling. Pitiful how that group label them selves as a rock band.

http://svt.se/2.120908/

Just scroll down a bit and you can listen to the four contributions which were eliminated. Jenny Silver and Frispråkarn were not bad at all looking at what they were up against yesterday. They should definetely have made it through.

This is the contest Sweden use to pick their entry for the Eurovision song contest - it's extraordinarily elaborate :lol:

We take this very seriously. :rocker:

scoobs
02-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Dolph was indeed the highlight of yesterday. The main contest hasn't started yet. This was just the first out of four preselection nights.

I have always liked Salem al Fakir, and his song yesterday was definetely worthy of making it to the final. It's not one of his best tunes, as it's kinda repetitive, but it's still good.

The other three groups/contestants who were not eliminated? Yawn. A big yawn on all of them. Jessica Andersson bored me with her outdated sleeping pill from yesteryesteryester... etc ... yesteryear. Ola? Get that shit outta my face, but it was never in doubt that he'd make it through due to all teenage girls who vote a hundred times in a row. Pain of Salvation? Yuck. The lead singer has nowhere near a voice good enough to keep the tune rolling. Pitiful how that group label them selves as a rock band.

http://svt.se/2.120908/

Just scroll down a bit and you can listen to the four contributions which were eliminated. Jenny Silver and Frispråkarn were not bad at all looking at what they were up against yesterday. They should definetely have made it through.

We take this very seriously. :rocker:
Yeah i was bored with Jessica Andersson's song too - and the Pain of Salvation didn't do it for me either. Salem al Fakir was not too bad and the other one that progressed to the final, the first song, all I remember is the singer was kinda cute, the song left no impression whatever.

I think I liked Jenny Silver best but that went nowhere.

Minn
02-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Yes, you can't have a rivarly when one side doesn't even care. :lol:Exactly.

You're the Gasquet of this thread. :hug: :rolls:

I went to the Castle thread to see what Habibko was saying about his ban and I saw the pics Karin posted of her Alps trip, I kept thinking they looked familiar until I checked the file info: they were taken on the ski resort where I've only gone every year since I was 2. Only took me about 20 pics to realize it either :o:o :lol: At least you realized it seemed familiar.

Since I'm wearing my Queen socks today:

QtqADo-D3mQ

acionescu
02-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Don't know, Bett

Nidhogg
02-07-2010, 04:16 PM
I... am... in the mood for MODERN TALKING!

rqPJqa0yA8k

acionescu
02-07-2010, 04:19 PM
^^I used to hate them with a passion :( Still do :o

scoobs
02-07-2010, 04:19 PM

rqPJqa0yA8k
Love that song :hearts:

star
02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Love that song :hearts:

Sort of combines two genres -- Not a fan of either. :sad:

Let's cleanse the palate.

WPUT-LDo_nY&NR=1

Nidhogg
02-07-2010, 04:32 PM
^^I used to hate them with a passion :( Still do :o

This is one of very few songs that actually make me feel like dancing, and I usually hate dancing with a passion.

Sometimes you're in the mood for a basso profondo. Other times you just wanna kick ass. :lol:

Funny that Dieter Bohlen bears a striking resemblance to Dolph Lundgren.

acionescu
02-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Jessye :inlove: :worship:

scoobs
02-07-2010, 04:33 PM
I still can't get on with opera, and not for the lack of trying either.

star
02-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Jessye :inlove: :worship:

:)

star
02-07-2010, 04:36 PM

:hug: :hug: I know. I'm the same with EuroPop.

l_mac
02-07-2010, 04:37 PM

That's great for you :hug: I don't like the thread vs thread thing. Also I don't approve of trolling chat threads.

i was thinking of joining the castle full time

We'll miss you.

I still haven't forgiven myself for rooting for RogiGOAT against Nalby (:inlove:) at the TMC 2005 final. :retard: :retard: :retard:

:speakles:

I have little interest in what goes on in the Castle. Actually, now that I think about it -- none at all. I'm never tempted to read there.

OIh, don't thinkl for a moment I was advocating reading the Castle thread. I just looked at habib's most recent posts.

who is this mallorn poster? they seem like regular on this thread then disappeared.
Ania. Old time Rafatard. She has been gone a long time :awww: She doesn't post at vb anymore either.

GgbdaEoUk4Y&feature

The Fields of Athenry has bad associations in my part of the world.

People mentioining the thread title: :hug:

l_mac
02-07-2010, 04:38 PM

scoobs, have you tried Popstar to Operastar? Maybe Bernis Nolan or Darius could be your "in"?

Corey Feldman
02-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Bastareaud with two tries :lol:i noticed :eek:

Nidhogg
02-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Lucky me being able to appreciate so many genres.

The winner from last years Melodifestival:

7lvp7VShQqs

A pop/opera mix. I've listened to it so many times now that it has lost most of it's magic, but the end is still pure adrenaline.

scoobs
02-07-2010, 04:44 PM
scoobs, have you tried Popstar to Operastar? Maybe Bernis Nolan or Darius could be your "in"?

I don't know what this is.

Lucky me being able to appreciate so many genres.

The winner from last years Melodifestival:

7lvp7VShQqs

A pop/opera mix. I've listened to it so many times now that it has lost most of it's magic, but the end is still pure adrenaline.

I love this song, I was so pleased when it won the competition last year, and it deserved to do far better in Moscow than it did.

I think the main issue I have with Opera is that I like songs where you can hear the words being sung fairly clearly. Some opera it just sounds like a succession of notes, the lyric is not obvious at all. I like lyrics, because lyrics always stick in my head very quickly, more so than the tune.

acionescu
02-07-2010, 04:44 PM

You shouldn't start with Wagner, then :hug:

Corey Feldman
02-07-2010, 04:45 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mEUcHfBRvro/Sw-VfNN_MxI/AAAAAAAAAI8/MZC9ghTMy9k/s1600/11152_180263759274_663219274_2817309_7259942_n.jpg i bet Evita counted them all...... 5 times, just to make sure ;)

acionescu
02-07-2010, 04:46 PM
France won :(

Nidhogg
02-07-2010, 04:47 PM
o8dSBWysmnM

:music:

Corey Feldman
02-07-2010, 04:48 PM
France won :(my great sporting streak comes to an end :(

Betty
02-07-2010, 04:49 PM
:eek::scared::bolt:
NO SPIDER PLEASE

Corey Feldman
02-07-2010, 04:51 PM
for Nidhogg

g0YcHLlARms

Betty
02-07-2010, 04:52 PM
i bet Evita counted them all...... 5 times, just to make sure ;)

:haha::haha:

Nidhogg
02-07-2010, 04:53 PM
:eek::scared::bolt:
NO SPIDER PLEASE

:haha:

It's an old kickass song by The Who. Listen to the clip instead of looking at it if you don't like spiders. :D

Betty
02-07-2010, 04:57 PM

It's an old kickass song by The Who. Listen to the clip instead of looking at it if you don't like spiders. :D

i ll do,that pic stopped me:scared:i soffer a BIT of Arachnophobia

star
02-07-2010, 04:57 PM
OIh, don't thinkl for a moment I was advocating reading the Castle thread. I just looked at habib's most recent posts.

That doesn't tempt me either. :p

The Fields of Athenry has bad associations in my part of the world.

I'm sure. :) I can just appreciate the music and the emotion. I have no problem with Wagner either although I understand the distaste some feel.

I don't know what this is.

I think the main issue I have with Opera is that I like songs where you can hear the words being sung fairly clearly. Some opera it just sounds like a succession of notes, the lyric is not obvious at all. I like lyrics, because lyrics always stick in my head very quickly, more so than the tune.

I'm the opposite. I think sometimes maybe I wouldn't like songs that I do like if I could understand the lyric. I love Inti Illimani, but when I read the words to a rollicking song and find that they are advocating cutting off the head of the dictator I am :speakles: Not at all what I was getting from the music. :lol:

I love this song from Jose Cura -- I think it's on the Anhelo CD, but the words in English are :o

2KJ7NFdcxU8

You shouldn't start with Wagner, then :hug:

Well, maybe not a whole opera, but Wagner's arias and overtures are very accessible, I think. Liebestod and the Ride of the Valkyrie. Sort of iconic.

Betty
02-07-2010, 04:58 PM
sec 15 u are crazy
:bolt::bolt:

scoobs
02-07-2010, 05:03 PM
With me it's not so much that the lyrics have to be in English, in fact it's not that at all, I'm quite as happy singing along in French, German, Serbian, whatever. But I like to be able to make out what's being sung and I find that very difficult with a lot of opera.

Bibberz
02-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Super Bowl Sunday. Less than seven hours until kickoff. Oh yes.

One of the few songs written by the Ox (R.I.P.).

Do you see what's happening here? I am formally acknowledging your existence in this thread. You have been provisionally admitted. This is a proud moment for you, I'm sure.

Now don't fuck it up.

star
02-07-2010, 05:06 PM
With me it's not so much that the lyrics have to be in English, in fact it's not that at all, I'm quite as happy singing along in French, German, Serbian, whatever. But I like to be able to make out what's being sung and I find that very difficult with a lot of opera.

I thought the point was that you wanted to understand the lyric. Maybe I misunderstood. I don't really care if I understand the lyric or not. Sometimes, I'd rather not.

But you can sing along with opera. I've had O mio babbino caro stuck in my head for 3 days now, and have been singing it (when alone!) over and over.

scoobs
02-07-2010, 05:08 PM
I thought the point was that you wanted to understand the lyric. Maybe I misunderstood. I don't really care if I understand the lyric or not. Sometimes, I'd rather not.

But you can sing along with opera. I've had O mio babbino caro stuck in my head for 3 days now, and have been singing it (when alone!) over and over.
Not necessarily - I'm as happy singing along to lyrics that I don't understand the English meaning of. But I have to be able to hear how they are enunciated.

Corey Feldman
super bowl live on BBC tonight

i guess i might watch it

Nidhogg
Good lyrics never hurt, but that's nowhere near as important as the melody/vibe. That's what makes you feel the eventual groove in a song. At least in my case.

for Nidhogg

g0YcHLlARms

Good tune, but that clip is blocked in my country. :lol:

i ll do,that pic stopped me:scared:i soffer a BIT of Arachnophobia

I understand. Both my mom and my sis are terrified of snakes. I'm quite familiar with the panic attacks some get when they see certain animals. :hug:

scoobs
02-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Good lyrics never hurt, but that's nowhere near as important as the melody/vibe. That's what makes you feel the eventual groove in a song. At least in my case.

Good tune, but that clip is blocked in my country. :lol:

I understand. Both my mom and my sis are terrified of snakes. I'm quite familiar with the panic attacks some get when they see certain animals. :hug:
True, and I like a lot of music where there is no lyric at all, but when there *is* a lyric I find it frustrating when I can't interpret what they are actually singing.

star
02-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Not necessarily - I'm as happy singing along to lyrics that I don't understand the English meaning of. But I have to be able to hear how they are enunciated.

I get it now. I guess for me opera is more clearly enunciated than pop music. I have trouble picking up words from pop songs in English.

Some of my screw ups: Secret Asian Man and Marcus Wayne.

acionescu
02-07-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm the opposite. I think sometimes maybe I wouldn't like songs that I do like if I could understand the lyric.

I'm more like Scoobs here, love good lyrics and I like to hear and understand them in a song. That's why I like Romanian folk wich is usually written for the great Romanian poetry and French/Spanish/Italian music and absolutely loathe house/electronic :cuckoo:
But strange enough, I don't mind not understanding what opera singers say because I already know the subject par coeur

Well, maybe not a whole opera, but Wagner's arias and overtures are very accessible, I think. Liebestod and the Ride of the Valkyrie. Sort of iconic.

Well, for a person who wants to like it and to understand the words is even more difficult to like Wagner. First, because it's in German, second the lyrics don't make a lot of sense to me even seeing that are inspired by old German myths and third, Wagner music has only clear begginings and ends. Between it's just a long, sinuous journey, you just have to let yourself go with the flow, not easy for a non-opera lover :shrug:

Bibberz
02-07-2010, 05:13 PM

i guess i might watch it

Don't toy with me, Mikey.

"Feel the eventual groove"? Yeah, that's not going to work here.

Get the hell out. :(

scoobs
02-07-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't have a problem hearing German sung, I think it's quite an easy language to follow the lyrics in.

Betty
02-07-2010, 05:18 PM
when there *is* a lyric I find it frustrating when I can't interpret what they are actually singing.

agreed

scoobs
02-07-2010, 05:19 PM
I find it hard to believe Ivanovic ever won a major.

star
02-07-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm more like Scoobs here, love good lyrics and I like to hear and understand them in a song. That's why I like Romanian folk wich is usually written for the great Romanian poetry and French/Spanish/Italian music and absolutely loathe house/electronic :cuckoo:
But strange enough, I don't mind not understanding what opera singers say because I already know the subject par coeur

:lol: I think there are more reasons for loathing house/electronic music than that!

Well, for a person who wants to like it and to understand the words is even more difficult to like Wagner. First, because it's in German, second the lyrics don't make a lot of sense to me even seeing that are inspired by old German myths and third, Wagner music has only clear begginings and ends. Between it's just a long, sinuous journey, you just have to let yourself go with the flow, not easy for a non-opera lover :shrug:

Maybe so. I hadn't thought about it that way. I guess I like the flow. I don't really care so much about it making sense, but then I know the old German myths to some extent. I do think the operas themselves are overblown -- maybe even pretentious -- but the music is breathtaking. Well, I like Mahler too.

p.s. You don't speak German? :eek:

scoobs
02-07-2010, 05:21 PM
I like a lot of electronic music and some house, although not the "hard" house stuff.

star
02-07-2010, 05:22 PM
I find it hard to believe Ivanovic ever won a major.

I had forgotten she had. :)

scoobs
02-07-2010, 05:22 PM

I had forgotten she had. :)
I've been watching this fed cup tie and she's been appalling.

star
02-07-2010, 05:23 PM
I like a lot of electronic music and some house, although not the "hard" house stuff.

:hug: And yet not Opera. tsk.

star
02-07-2010, 05:24 PM
I've been watching this fed cup tie and she's been appalling.

Did you see her during AO?

No wonder Groenefeld left her.

acionescu
02-07-2010, 05:25 PM
I don't have a problem hearing German sung, I think it's quite an easy language to follow the lyrics in.

Fair enough, I guess I was talking from a Latin point of view :lol:

Still find German harsher sounding than Russian in opera, for example...

scoobs
02-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Did you see her during AO?

No wonder Groenefeld left her.
Yeah I saw her against....who was it now...Dulko?

If you can lose to a mental midget like Dulko, you have v big problems.

Thanos
02-07-2010, 05:27 PM
absolutely loathe house/electronic :cuckoo:

your dead to me! :mad:

didn't you once say you're prodigy fan :unsure:

:lol: I think there are more reasons for loathing house/electronic music than that!

you too!

hai scoobs :)

star
02-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Fair enough, I guess I was talking from a Latin point of vue :lol:

Stil find German sounding harsher than Russion in opera, for example...

Also hadn't thought about that. Maybe German sounds harsher to a latin speaker than to an English one.

It's funny how I think some languages are better suited to different genders. I like a woman speaking German better than a man, but I like a man speaking Spanish better than a woman. :)

scoobs
02-07-2010, 05:30 PM
This is my favourite song at the moment

Zn73-Ga1PeY

acionescu
02-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Yes, I like Prodigy :lol:

I don't put them in the electronic/house music that I hate though

Minn
02-07-2010, 05:36 PM
o8dSBWysmnM

:music: The Who is tonight's halftime act at the Super Bowl (American football). :D

i guess i might watch it I'll be watching. :)

I agree mostly with Scoobs about needing to be able to hear the words. I like to sing along and therefore tend to prefer songs in a language I understand. :o

Also hadn't thought about that. Maybe German sounds harsher to a latin speaker than to an English one. Maybe. I find German sounds rather harsh to me. Not as much as Arabic though.

l_mac
02-07-2010, 05:37 PM
For scoobs :D

Her that used to sing in Shakespeares Sister (not the Bananarama nutcase)

4xZP4JiMPGo

Bernie Nolan :D

cAbZ6oAOIZw

Darius :worship: :

2ZooG0fYYmY

The judges are all awful: Meatloaf :spit:, Katherine Jenkins :zzz:, Laurence Lewellyn Bowen :haha: and the only decent one Ronaldo Villazon. It's an awesome piece of television, IMO.

star
02-07-2010, 05:38 PM
I'll be watching. :)

I agree mostly with Scoobs about needing to be able to hear the words. I like to sing along and therefore tend to prefer songs in a language I understand. :o

I won't watch.

I like to sing along with songs too, but I also like songs I can't sing along with. Like Cesaria Evora. Love love love her. But, no way I can sing with her. Or Mariza or Cristina Branco.

Yeah I saw her against....who was it now...Dulko?

If you can lose to a mental midget like Dulko, you have v big problems.

Yes indeedy. She was horrible in the match before that one too. At one time, she would have hit Dulko off the court. I don't know what has happened to her. Jello for brains, I think.

you too!

Don't care. :p I'll rather be dead when the world turns to that sort of -- I hesitate to say music although I suppose technically it is.

Zn73-Ga1PeY

It's just that the music is so very uninteresting to me. Plus I can only understand a word or two of it, so that it's mysterious to me how you can understand this, but can't understand opera. :confused:

acionescu
02-07-2010, 05:39 PM
I saw clips on YT :o

Villazon :tape:

acionescu
02-07-2010, 05:40 PM
The Queen of the Night :eek: :worship:

scoobs
02-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Marcella seemed very good to me but what do I know.

acionescu
02-07-2010, 05:43 PM
OMG, ES is overhyping Janne and his return for the OG :bigcry: It's gonna be so awful when he'll finish 6th or something :crying2:

l_mac
02-07-2010, 05:44 PM
BD :mad: Your fondness for deleting posts is proving to be most irritating.

I think the evening of the RG 08 SFs you made your first hesitant postings on the Rafachat. Either that or we just ignored you until then.

acionescu
02-07-2010, 05:44 PM
that aria is one of the hardest of the repertoire. Even the fact that she finished it without cracking her voice is :worship: worthy

acionescu
02-07-2010, 05:45 PM
ES is showing the figure skating gala again. Lambiel :inlove: :worship:

acionescu
02-07-2010, 05:48 PM
tPU_AJnRfV8

:hearts:

-Evita-
02-07-2010, 05:48 PM
i bet Evita counted them all...... 5 times, just to make sure ;)

But Mikey, you have such a low opinion of me :awww: Obviously I'd have written a program that would count them automatically if I was so inclined :shrug:

scoobs
02-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Lambiel is gorgeous.

acionescu
02-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Lambiel is gorgeous.

He is just breathtaking :faints:

star
Maybe. I find German sounds rather harsh to me. Not as much as Arabic though.

Love Arabic. I'll post some Cheb Mami.

The Queen of the Night :eek: :worship:

DvuKxL4LOqc

:hearts:

Thanos

Zn73-Ga1PeY

arh good old royksopp. the following track was played at every club that i would go to.

u3njX4nSO5U&feature=related

this is favourite royksopp song. its always reminds me of travelling overseas.

Rq-KyGpNN0Y&feature=related

Yes, I like Prodigy :lol:

I don't put them in the electronic/house music that I hate though

:confused: prodigy are electronic act/group. so i have no idea what you consider electronic music?? unless you want to be more specific.

acionescu
02-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Neah, I don't follow strict categorization or stuff :shrug: I meant that they are not singing the electronic music style that I hate

for example all that bunch of DJ's music, endless remixes, boring songs that all sound the same :zzz:

scoobs
02-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Jankovic and Ivanovic out in doubles, this will be a carcrash.

Betty
02-07-2010, 06:03 PM

But Mikey, you have such a low opinion of me :awww: Obviously I'd have written a program that would count them automatically if I was so inclined :shrug:

he uses what i posted this morning:p;)

acionescu
02-07-2010, 06:07 PM
The clown is out on the ice dancing also on a slow song. From the sublime to the ridicule there is indeed a short path :shrug:

mgUNz3i-KWc

:zzz:

elessar
02-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Fair enough, I guess I was talking from a Latin point of view :lol:

Still find German harsher sounding than Russian in opera, for example...
I hate German in operas, don't really like French either I think it sounds weird :awww: They should all be in Italian.

acionescu
02-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Carmen sounds like shit in other language not French :lol:

Or Massenet :zzz:

Thanos
02-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Neah, I don't follow strict categorizarion or stuff :shrug: I meant that they are not singing the electronic music style that I hate

for example all that bunch of DJ's music, endless remixes, boring songs that all sound the same :zzz:

so you like singing alongside the music?? if so, you would like uplifting trance. i liked prodigy since the early 90s, there going to be here soon but i'm not going to see them because there not the same once, one of the dancers left.

i miss how they use to dance in there clips. at 1:44 a random guy in the background start dancing as well :lol:

WY87o9IZXWg

scoobs
02-07-2010, 06:14 PM
so you like singing alongside the music?? if so, you would like uplifting trance. i liked prodigy since the early 90s, there going to be here soon but i'm not going to see them because there not the same once, one of the dancers left.

i miss how they use to dance in there clips. at 1:44 a random guy in the background start dancing as well :lol:

WY87o9IZXWg
I prefer Prodigy in their Music for the Jilted Generation sort of phase, Voodoo People is one my favourite tracks ever

l_mac
02-07-2010, 06:18 PM
LOL BD. (after RG 08 final)

Originally Posted by Bachelor Dandy
Roger has so much dignity and pride that I almost felt sorry for him. Well, almost almost.

That post has since been deleted, but Cheryl quoted it.

Metis
02-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Oh man, all this discussion about opera and I wasn't here :(

Those impressed by Marcella Detroit's performance of the 'Queen of the Night' Aria should take into account that she is singing it lower than what Mozart intended (compare to the clip star posted of the same aria sung by an actual opera singer). :p

I'd say that's cheating. :p

l_mac
02-07-2010, 06:20 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7164233&postcount=3412

:spit:

star
02-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Not my favorite Tinariwen song, but I love the video.

WcqlOq1cjjc

This is good once you get past the Frenchmen talking.

iOu4fdlPiWI&feature

And, because I can never get enough of them: The late great Ali Farka Toure and Toumani Diabaté

OnlKo48G-Xk&feature

Thanos
02-07-2010, 06:22 PM
I prefer Prodigy in their Music for the Jilted Generation sort of phase, Voodoo People is one my favourite tracks ever

yeah jilted generation and the experience were their best two albums. fat of land had like two good songs that about it. the rest albums released later were a bore.

LOL BD. (after RG 08 final)

That post has since been deleted, but Cheryl quoted it.

:lol: has your nostalgia been cured?

elessar
02-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Carmen sounds like shit in other language not French :lol:

Well yes of course because we're used to it now :p

I'm probably biased because when my parents suddenly discovered they liked Opera when I was a kid, all I heard was Italian Bel Conto and Verdi. (I did hear Carmen quite a bit too :mad:)Consequently I know very little about other "types of Opera" and German irks my ears even if it's the overrated Zauberflöte.

Rereading this, it almost looks as if I know what I'm talking about :sport:

Corey Feldman
02-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Scotland 9-18 Bastard

elessar
02-07-2010, 06:25 PM

Prophetic words :worship:

:bigcry:

acionescu
02-07-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't know, this is their first song I ever knoew and I liked them ever since

6RI9wVgOO1s

And you could dance with these songs not the shit that they are "singing" today

elessar
02-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Scotland 9-18 Bastareaud
Fixed :cool:

-Evita-
02-07-2010, 06:26 PM

Claire :rolls:

l_mac
02-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Scotland 9-18 Bastard

Did you see the Euro 2012 qualie groups?

star
02-07-2010, 06:29 PM

Those impressed by Marcella Detroit's performance of the 'Queen of the Night' Aria should take into account that she is singing it lower than what Mozart intended (compare to the clip star posted of the same aria sung by an actual opera singer). :p

Yes. I watched a contestant singing O mio Babbino Caro and she also sang it much lower. I don't mind what I call Popera, just as long as it's fairly sold that way.

Ah, you are beginning to sound old now. :lol: I just imagine you talking to your son in 10 years. :)

l_mac
02-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Prophetic words :worship:

:bigcry:

Here's an even better one :D

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7164347&postcount=3421

Metis
02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
You people post too many videos; there is no time to watch them all. :awww:

acionescu
02-07-2010, 06:30 PM

And it's what Domingo's hatas are saying for ages :zzz: :ras:

I said that it's a miracle her voice didn't crack in the end, I can't even sing along it, no matter how low I start :o

savesthedizzle
02-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Wow I never thought a discussion on opera would be what re-energized this thread :lol:

:wavey: hello :)

scoobs
02-07-2010, 06:33 PM
God. Ivanovic couldn't hit water if she were playing on a boat.

star
02-07-2010, 06:36 PM

I'm probably biased because when my parents suddenly discovered they liked Opera when I was a kid, all I heard was Italian Bel Conto and Verdi. (I did hear Carmen quite a bit too :mad:)Consequently I know very little about other "types of Opera" and German irks my ears even if it's the overrated Zauberflöte.

Rereading this, it almost looks as if I know what I'm talking about :sport:

I used to think Italian was the best language for music, but that was before I heard Portuguese sung. It's perfect. Too bad Verdi wasn't Portuguese.

scoobs
02-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Portuguese is a great language to sing in :)

VphDG7U1gPM

acionescu
02-07-2010, 06:38 PM

No. Because it was written upon a FRENCH libreto :shrug:

Ah, you are beginning to sound old now. :lol: I just imagine you talking to your son in 10 years. :)

I am old :shrug: Well, 17 years older anyway :shrug:

Here's an even better one :D

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7164347&postcount=3421

When Fedtards had common sense, oh memories :inlove:

God. Ivanovic couldn't hit water if she were playing on a boat.

That would be good, that would mean that she was hitting the court :lol:

star

:) Well, he is 70 or so. Miraculous that he still sings.

I said that it's a miracle her voice didn't crack in the end, I can't even sing along it, no matter how low I start :o[/QUOTE]

All mortals have to cheat to sing along.

Thanos
I don't know, this is their first song I ever knoew and I liked them ever since

6RI9wVgOO1s

yeah that the second album 'music for jilted generation'. so will have to come to conclusion you don't hate electronic music :D

your rebirth has been sweet :p

Corey Feldman
02-07-2010, 06:42 PM
TT picks

ive had my rest & recovery, time for the machine to come back

Did you see the Euro 2012 qualie groups?yes, Spain

Torres at Hampden

star
02-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Portuguese is a great language to sing in :)

VphDG7U1gPM

Or this. :)

XQrq7nLPHEw

Minn
tPU_AJnRfV8

:hearts: :hearts: This is an example of a song I was singing along with as I watched. I hate when the cameras don't show the feet of figure skaters. Getting a closeup is often just silly to try since they change position so often. We end up looking at the back of their head or something. Show me the whole body and the legs/feet!

But Mikey, you have such a low opinion of me :awww: Obviously I'd have written a program that would count them automatically if I was so inclined :shrug: :lol:

And, because I can never get enough of them: The late great Ali Farka Toure and Toumani Diabaté

OnlKo48G-Xk&feature I like the music in this one. Believe me, I have listened to a lot of Arabic music. Much was quite traditional though. These are better.

Wow I never thought a discussion on opera would be what re-energized this thread :lol:

:wavey: hello :) :lol: :wavey: There have been other forms of music thrown in too.

God. Ivanovic couldn't hit water if she were playing on a boat. :rolls:

Betty
jess:armed:

dont kick our ass too much hard:awww:

acionescu
02-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Romania is playing France :haha: :haha: Again :(

Metis
02-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Some multiquoting!!!

andy who will play for the snooker league this week?mug players?
group 4-5

Snooker league? :eek:

Why was I not informed about this? :mad:

Since I'm wearing my Queen socks today:

QtqADo-D3mQ

Freddie Mercury :worship: :hearts:

rqPJqa0yA8k

:dance:

Don't give up scoobs. :hug: I suggest you buy Norma highlights (with Callas and Corelli), listen to it a couple of times (maybe reading the lyrics with translation at the same time or just read the story beforehand).

When I was a kid I had to listen to an opera a couple of times before 'getting' it, but I loved Norma right away. :inlove:

It depends on the singer too. Some have bad pronunciation, especially when they sing in German.

I'm sure. :) I can just appreciate the music and the emotion. I have no problem with Wagner either although I understand the distaste some feel.

I love this song from Jose Cura -- I think it's on the Anhelo CD, but the words in English are :o

2KJ7NFdcxU8

I think the translation is not correct :tape:

Agreed. Wagner is definitely not what I would advise a new opera fan to start with.

I like Wagner's operas though I know only a few of them in their entirety. I fell in love with 'Der Fliegende Hollander' the first time I heard it. :hearts:

not when sung by opera singers whose native tongue is English :tape: :lol:

Maybe so. I hadn't thought about it that way. I guess I like the flow. I don't really care so much about it making sense, but then I know the old German myths to some extent. I do think the operas themselves are overblown -- maybe even pretentious -- but the music is breathtaking. Well, I like Mahler too.
I like to sing along with songs too, but I also like songs I can't sing along with. Like Cesaria Evora. Love love love her. But, no way I can sing with her. Or Mariza or Cristina Branco.

If I were Cheryl I would ask you to marry me. :inlove:

Lambiel is gorgeous.
He is just breathtaking :faints:

I don't follow figure skating at all these days (not that I did much in the past) but the way this guy moves is beautiful. :worship:

I hate German in operas, don't really like French either I think it sounds weird :awww: They should all be in Italian.

:lol: Opera sounds very silly when you listen to it in your own language. Once I went to a performance of 'Die Zauberflote' sung in Greek. :help: :rolls:

star
02-07-2010, 06:49 PM
I like the music in this one. Believe me, I have listened to a lot of Arabic music. Much was quite traditional though. These are better.

Yeah. I like more fusion arabic music. Sometimes I have a pop version of the call to prayer to play as I wake up. Love it.

I think Tinariwen is greatly influenced by Mali Music. The last one, that you liked is pure Mali. Heart of the Moon is a great CD.

savesthedizzle
02-07-2010, 06:54 PM
jess:armed:

dont kick our ass too much hard:awww:

I'll try, but I can't control what Sheva will do :p He has an excellent record in Rotterdam :)

Betty
02-07-2010, 06:55 PM
:bigcry:good to know:bolt:

acionescu
02-07-2010, 07:00 PM
I see that the Serbian girls are up a break in the second. What happend? They brought Novak to play with Jelena? Or Ana's masseuse?

Metis

I said that it's a miracle her voice didn't crack in the end, I can't even sing along it, no matter how low I start :o

Actually I didn't listen to the whole song. :lol:

:lol: One day it's Tiger gossip, another it's Maru videos, sometimes there's trash talking, others it's whining about snooker spamming, etc, etc, etc... today it's opera. This place has it all. :worship:

Or this. :)

XQrq7nLPHEw

:inlove: I saw her sing live in Boston :dance: She was amazing! :worship:

I saw Cesaria in Boston too. Also amazing! :worship:

I miss Boston :sobbing:

Corey Feldman
Freddie Mercury and his legendary teeth ;)

Nidhogg
02-07-2010, 07:01 PM
One of the few songs written by the Ox (R.I.P.).

Do you see what's happening here? I am formally acknowledging your existence in this thread. You have been provisionally admitted. This is a proud moment for you, I'm sure.

Now don't fuck it up.

"Feel the eventual groove"? Yeah, that's not going to work here.

Get the hell out. :(

I knew it was only a matter of time before you'd put me on ignore. :lol:

However, to clear things up for the rest, I got lost in translation with the word eventual as I for a second thought that it is the equivalent to the Swedish word eventuell, which in this context means possible.

Music is all about feeling the groove, be it possible or impossible.

scoobs
02-07-2010, 07:01 PM
I see that the Serbian girls are up a break in the second. What happend? They brought Novak to play with Jelena? Or Ana's masseuse?
Ana has temporarily stopped playing dreadfully and is actually hitting some decent volleys

And the Russians are v v edgy.

star
02-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Ana has temporarily stopped playing dreadfully and is actually hitting some decent volleys

And the Russians are v v edgy.

Serb girl brains against Rus girl brains. :lol:

It's a delicate balance.

Betty
02-07-2010, 07:06 PM
look like will snow again.. iwas reading it right now:o

can i use it as excuse for dont go to work:p?

Snoo Foo
02-07-2010, 07:07 PM
i forgot to sign up for tt :banghead: fuck me

and pico's stupid final is in the middle of the fucking superbowl, who the fuck plays a fucking final at 10 fucking pm on a sunday night? nevertheless i shall place an enormous vbet on bellucci cuz pico is such a fucking bottler

Nidhogg
02-07-2010, 07:07 PM
scoobs, I like that Röyksopp tune.

The speakers I have available right now doubtfully do it justice, but I still like it.

acionescu
02-07-2010, 07:13 PM
The other Everest of coloratura singing, not a fan but Maria :inlove: is just awsome :worship:

Pact9UIWAdU

elessar
02-07-2010, 07:15 PM
I was starting to think that, lately, you were turning more and more into VB Linda but I realize now it's been a long time coming :awww:
GO Rafa!! Clay King, your bronzed skin :drool: gleaming in the sun as if formed from the red earth! Vamos mi campeon! VVAAAAMMMMMOOOOSSSSSSSSS!

acionescu
02-07-2010, 07:18 PM
BER lost his team the first place in this Sunday ski-jumping stage. He's so devastated, I feel like hug him and give him a lollypop :awww: :hug: :smooch: :lick:

Corey Feldman
02-07-2010, 07:19 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/epa/media/ALeqM5hMrseoY0Mss9SvKXfFM9juWlL4XA?size=l
http://blogs.indiewire.com/images/blogs/reverseshot/archives/images/SalemsLot11.jpg

Betty
02-07-2010, 07:20 PM
look very young and cutter:drool:

i mean lalo no nosferatu:o

acionescu
02-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Florence looks nothing like a vampire. He looks more like the perfect victim of his - the beautiful, blue-eyed maiden :hearts:

Corey Feldman
02-07-2010, 07:23 PM
you blind bats ;)

didnt you notice the trophy was like the vampire's teeth :p

Minn
02-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Yeah. I like more fusion arabic music. Sometimes I have a pop version of the call to prayer to play as I wake up. Love it.

I think Tinariwen is greatly influenced by Mali Music. The last one, that you liked is pure Mali. Heart of the Moon is a great CD. :speakles: I wonder if old people lament the fact that that exists as some old people here lament the modernization of some Christian hymns.

:lol: One day it's Tiger gossip, another it's Maru videos, sometimes there's trash talking, others it's whining about snooker spamming, etc, etc, etc... today it's opera. This place has it all. :worship: :) :worship: is right.

I miss Boston :sobbing: :awww: :hug: Take comfort in the fact that you are not freezing at the moment, as you would be if you were in Boston.

Boston is pretty awesome though.

I knew it was only a matter of time before you'd put me on ignore. :lol:

However, to clear things up for the rest, I got lost in translation with the word eventual as I for a second thought that it is the equivalent to the Swedish word eventuell, which in this context means possible.

Music is all about feeling the groove, be it possible or impossible. Only the best make his ignore list.

I was starting to think that, lately, you were turning more and more into VB Linda but I realize now it's been a long time coming :awww: :lol: She's a romantic poet?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/epa/media/ALeqM5hMrseoY0Mss9SvKXfFM9juWlL4XA?size=l
Don't like that trophy. Good for Lopez, though.

you blind bats ;)

didnt you notice the trophy was like the vampire's teeth :p:lol: You're right, it is.

acionescu
02-07-2010, 07:26 PM
As if there is something noticeable in a LaLo picture except Lalo :rolleyes:

elessar
02-07-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm starting to despair Setsampras is ever going to post something banworhty :tears:

Betty
02-07-2010, 07:29 PM
you blind bats ;)

well boy i was more..attract from lalo then the trofy:angel:

acionescu
02-07-2010, 07:29 PM
lol I jinxed the Serbians :rolls: They lost 4 games in a row and the match since I noticed they were leadiung in the 2nd :help:

star
02-07-2010, 07:30 PM
i forgot to sign up for tt :banghead: fuck me

and pico's stupid final is in the middle of the fucking superbowl, who the fuck plays a fucking final at 10 fucking pm on a sunday night? nevertheless i shall place an enormous vbet on bellucci cuz pico is such a fucking bottler

Chile. They always play very late. 10:00 p.m. though. :o That will interfere with their dinner. :p

Don't like that trophy. Good for Lopez, though.

I like the trophy -- v. S.A.

you blind bats ;)

No. They look like horns.

http://www.africancraftsmarket.com/Springbok.jpg

acionescu
02-07-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm starting to despair Setsampras is ever going to post something banworhty :tears:

Paraphrasing a mod here if we banned people based on their stupidity we would ban 70% of MTF

Ignore list :hug: